Stambaugh Auditorium

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Planning, Service Staff

1000 Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, OH (330) 747-5175

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Laura E

Absolutely gorgeous wedding venue! My husband and I got married in the Christman Room upstairs and then had the reception in the Ballroom. We loved having everything in one location. The staff was very easy to work with from day 1. They provided a list of approved... Read More vendors to work with, which was more than expected (about 10 per category). The alcohol prices are very affordable - my husband and I high-fived when we got the final bill because it was less than we expected. Getting married there was a dream come true - absolutely loved it!

Beautful

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Jennifer D

I had my ceremony at stambaugh auditorium in Christman hall on the third floor. It is a beautful venue and accommodates up to 200 guest. Kelly was my wedding consultant and she was amazing. She was so helpful and made sure everything ran smooth the day of. We had the hall for 4... Read More hours and we also had a hour and a half rehearsal included in the rental price. I can not say enough to about this venue. The architecture and decore is breathtaking. An ideal spot for photography.

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Ashley W

We held our wedding ceremony at Christman Hall in Stambaugh Auditorium. From the first time we visited, we knew this was the place for our wedding ceremony. Our contact person changed a few times, but it all worked out in the end and no details were lost. Dani was the final... Read More person we worked with and she was wonderful. During the rehearsal and the ceremony, we had the help of both Dani and Julia. They were quick to offer suggestions and guidance and relieved so much of the stress. Dani served as the total event coordinator throughout the day of the wedding - she even hid the groom so he wouldn't see me before the ceremony! Stambaugh also allowed the groom and his groomsmen to come in a little early to get ready. The boys had their own private “lounge” and so did I and the bridesmaids. Since there were no other events going on that day, after the wedding we had access to the entire venue for photos (our wedding was on a Sunday, so this may not be the case on a Friday or Saturday). It is naturally a very beautiful venue and provides for some amazing photo opportunities. I highly recommend Stambaugh!

Great Venue for Any Occassion

Reviewed on 9/12/2014 Alexis G

I grew up in Youngstown and had my High School graduation held here. It was a beautiful place and had more than enough space to do anything with. Any décor you choose will work. With our decorations it turned out better than I imagined. Carissa is very thorough in... Read More coordinating everything. However, the only downside that I was not pleased about is that my guests were being charged for soda and even water (which was not explained to me prior to the wedding). If I had known this ahead of time I would have used the soda and water through my caterer, as it was free through them. The price is just for the hall and security fee. We chose to go with a cash bar, so the bartender fee was included with the pricing. You need to find your own catering, which was an extra cost, but at least you got to choose the food that you liked. So I didn't mind! Another downside is that we chose to have sparklers and do some photographs outside as our "exit" pictures, but we were told that it was a fire hazard. They were sparklers, and they would be outside, but it was still a "no".

June 2014 wedding

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Marissa B

Can't say enough good things about having my ceremony at Stambaugh. Absolutely beautiful venue. Carissa is so organized and really makes sure that everything goes smoothly. Our officiant had never done a wedding before ours so it was really nice to have someone help us figure... Read More out timing and logistics. Included in the cost was 4 hour use of the facility and your rehearsal time. Well worth the money. It was awesome to be able to have our out of town guests experience such a historical landmark in Youngstown.

Historic, beautiful venue that shows off the splendor of Youngstown!

Reviewed on 6/12/2014 Carmela K

We were very excited to use Stambaugh Auditorium for our May wedding reception. It offered plenty of space for our guests (we invited 420+, with ~300 attending), allowed us to choose our own caterer (the Cassese's MVR), and brought an instant level of beauty just by being the... Read More spectacular structure that it is. It is exciting to see the growth and change that Stambaugh is undergoing as more and more couples choose it for their weddings, as well as for other purposes. We were excited to take advantage of the newly renovated doors along the south wall, which provided the perfect backdrop for our bar (giving it a pub-like atmosphere), as well as the expanded landing and steps, which made for easy decoration and a beautiful entrance! Once the hardwood floor is reinstalled, it will be hard to beat this space! Carissa was our primary contact and was very helpful along every step of the way. The staff in general is eager to meet your needs and is very flexible, holding fast only when proposals might detract from or damage the space's overall preservation and improvement. My only complaints are a lack of lighting in the far corners of the ballroom, which I know are being addressed. In addition, don't try using music of any kind in the cocktail lobby - the acoustics just aren't suited for it. However, what may be lost in sound is made up for far and away by the beauty of the room you are in! In general, I appreciated the opportunity to enjoy a wonderful part of Youngstown history (it is amazing to really consider the architecture and detail behind every aspect of the building), and in turn, to allow my family and friends - especially those from out of town - to do the same!

Beautiful Ceremony Venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Amber M

I recently got married at Stambaugh Auditorium on the 3rd floor in the Anne Christman Memorial Hall. I chose the venue based on appearance alone. This place is incredibly beautiful! Especially if you are looking for a non-traditional space with a classic feel. I was... Read More pleasantly surprised to find out that our rental price included a ceremony coordinator. Carissa was great to work with and kept everyone on task, which is exactly what I wanted. I didn't have a thing to worry about when it came to the ceremony, because Carissa has everything handled, including timing of the ceremony. The only issue we ran into was that we were not able to have our rehearsal on the Friday before the wedding, due to an event being scheduled at the auditorium. But, this kind of comes with the territory of booking at a non-traditional site that hosts other events. We were given plenty of notice that the rehearsal would have to take place on Thursday and Carissa did her best to remain available to address any concerns that I had. Great place to get married!

Just Beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Cessalee L

I recently was in a wedding held at Stambaugh Auditorium. Everything was incredibly beautiful and the staff was extremely helpful!

Absolutely Flawless Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 7/25/2013 Samantha P

Stambaugh Auditorium was the best decision I made throughout my entire planning process. From the moment we visited the venue to the time we packed up our things after the reception the staff was unbelievably helpful and kind. They made sure we had everything we needed... Read More throughout our special day. Only one issue came up during the wedding day and it was that there was no coat rack to hang our dresses on. We simply hung them from the door and it wasn't really a big deal. Overall I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for an elegant atmosphere for their wedding ceremony and reception.

awesome place

Reviewed on 9/22/2012 tiffany t

our church fell through we used the Anne Kilcawley Christman Memorial Hall for our ceremony. It was beautiful!!