Starlite Events at the Saint Louis Science Center

St. Louis, MO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Starlite Events at the Saint Louis Science Center

A BALLROOM IN ST. LOUIS, MO

Starlite Events at the Saint Louis Science Center in St. Louis Missouri is an ideal venue for couples who appreciate science and astronomy. Here wedding guests can dine under the stars or have an intimate gathering in a modern setting. Starlite Events mainly hosts receptions, though some couples also exchange vows in this striking space. Two main areas are available for receptions or ceremonies, each of which can accommodate seated or standing cocktail receptions and provides great backdrops for photos and video.

consist of three connected areas. The Loft is a lovely blend of modern architecture and retro touches that also provides access to the Bridge, which is an illuminated span over Interstate 40/64. It connects to the Structure Gallery, which pays homage to such modern structures such as skyscrapers, icons and monuments, including the iconic St. Louis Gateway Arch. These interconnecting spaces can accommodate 100 seated guests or 250 standing guests.

is a prominent St. Louis landmark where the wedding party can experience a private view of 9,000 glittering stars and glowing planets projected onto the 80 foot overhead dome. The adjacent Boeing Space Station exhibit offers visitors the opportunity to experience life aboard the space station, and has space for serving food and drinks. These spaces can accommodate 330 seated guests or 450 standing guests.

Starlite Events at the Saint Louis Science Center provides catering services that specialize in steaks and fresh seafood but also offer vegan and vegetarian options, along with the option for either buffet-style or sit-down meals. This venue also offers a wide selection of house, select and premium wines that can be purchased by the glass or by the bottle. Outside vendors are not allowed, apart from those who provide the wedding cake. Also note that this venue does not permit confetti, rice, birdseed or flower petals, while bubbles are permitted outside only.

Starlite Events at the Saint Louis Science Center offers a number of extra perks, some of which are unique:

• Exclusive access to museum exhibits
  • Nearby accommodations for out of town guests
  • Wi-Fi access
  • High definition sound equipment
  • Private tours

Come see what is growing at the SLSC...

GROW is a one-of-a-kind permanent indoor/outdoor exhibit coming Fall 2016. Exchange vows under the glimmering stars in the James S. McDonnell PLANETARUM. BOEING HALL, a loft area is equipped with specialized lighting and acoustical systems; providing the ultimate setting for your signature event. Whether you are looking for star-crossed romance or something other worldly, we'll help you create the wedding of your dreams!

Ballroom, Museum, Loft

5050 Oakland Ave., St. Louis, MO (314) 533-8179

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Lauren P

Absolutely AMAZING!!!!! The people were great, the food was perfect, and the space was fantastic !!! EVERYONE had a great time. The kids even enjoyed themselves because there was space for them to run around and play and the exhibits were all open to use. I even saw some of the... Read More adults playing with the exhibits. The staff was absolutely perfect, my groom and I never had to wait for a drink and the drinks were poured well (if you know what I mean). Maggie, our coordinator/contact was great. She answered every question that we had and was one top of her game the whole time. She even made sure that we did not need anything before she left for the night. We had around 200 people and there was room for everyone and a big dance floor. People were not squeezed in at their tables or in the room. Overall it was a great night, everyone had fun, and we are still hearing nothing but good things about peoples experiences. And so many people raving about how great he food was!!!

Amazing wedding under the stars

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Maggie Y

Starlite Events was great to work with! We worked with Lisa who was incredibly helpful from the original walk through to the tasting to the big day itself. We did a buffet and the food was great (especially the short ribs and shrimps and grits- big crowd pleasers), we got tons... Read More of compliments. They work with 2 bakeries for the wedding cake (The Cakery or Sarah's Cake Shop), we love Sarah's Cake Shop but they were booked so we went with The Cakery and couldn't have been happier, it was delicious! When we first met with Lisa she told us that most people don't do a lot of decor and will often go with a space theme because of the setting. We went a little different way and had a "picnic under the stars," everything looked great. The centerpieces were simple and looked great in the space. They also do a star show at the end of dinner where you can pick a specific night sky (we did the day we got engaged) which the guests loved. We were a little worried it went too long, but everyone raved about it. The day of went so smoothly, Lisa was there the whole time along with her assistant and they were great. We were able to go in before the start of the reception and take pictures around the Science Center after hours, it was awesome. I would definitely recommend the Planetarium as a wedding venue if you're looking for something unique!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Danielle K

Man, where do I begin... It was a good start the the science center was the perfect fit for my chemical engineering husband and me (medical student). We have always been huge science nerds throughout our relationship, so the science center was a place we wanted to look into.... Read More However, I sincerely believe that we would not have chosen the venue if not for our meeting with Joy Schmidt and her colleagues. Honestly, we could not have asked for a better person to coordinate; was was incredibly thorough, prepared, and went SO far above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect on the wedding day and I had nothing to worry about! She helped us with our hotel block, ideas for the wedding, support throughout, stayed late several times in meetings with us, and so many other things that did not necessarily fit under her job description but that were so helpful-- we would not have had the perfect wedding day that we did without her! After every meeting we had with her, both of us were more excited about our wedding, very calm about what we had left to do, and just felt encouraged by all the help Joy provided! I honestly believe that a wedding at the science center without Joy or Starlite events still would not have been the perfect day we were looking for, they were THAT good! I also want share my appreciation for all the Starlite events staff who helped as well. They were kind, professional, and made our wedding at the planetarium absolutely incredible! I could not have asked for a better day, better food, better lighting and detail work, a better star show, and just the perfect culmination of all the details for the wedding. Honestly, I would work with Starlite events and specifically Joy Schmidt at ANY location, not just the science center! But how lucky are we that we got to work with what I can only describe as the perfect team in the perfect venue for us on our perfect day! If anyone is considering whether or not to work with this group of wonderful humans, GET IT TOGETHER! Of course you should! Seriously though... I would hands down, no reservations at all recommend Joy and Starlite for any event, whether a wedding (we called it the merger), a corporate event, or anything else! They will make the day special, so much more than what you anticipate, ensure all the details that you did and did not think of are covered and executed to perfection, and will have fun with you while doing so! Please, to make your guests happy and you happy, have your event with Joy and Starlite!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Danielle K

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Tara B

I'm not one to review places, but I have to give my 5 stars to the Planetarium ! We recently had both our ceremony and reception at the St. Louis Planetarium and it was absolutely phenomenal--even better than I thought (and I had high expectations!) We looked all over St. Louis... Read More at venues, from the very traditional to nontraditional, and while there were many great choices, none held a candle to both the uniqueness and the awe factor of the Planetarium. We had the ceremony in the atrium (had black pipe draping in front of the Mars and chairs curved with an aisle in the middle), and the reception in the Planetarium dome. The dome can get dark, but they are pros with the lighting and you get your own technician during the night to adjust it (sunset during dinner and twilight during dancing). Your DJ also can add some light effects. You also have the option of a slideshow (your photos) and a star show. (pick your date). The star show was interactive and hilarious (got tons of compliments) Both of us are from St. Louis originally, but live in New Orleans, so it was a planning from a distance wedding, and Maggie and her staff went above and beyond to make things a breeze. All emails were handled promptly and questions answered. They worked with us to schedule things around when we were in town and Maggie even met with us on a Sunday morning prior to opening for us to tour, due to our busy schedules. Initially, I wasn't exactly sure how we were going to transform the place initially, but trust in Maggie and the staff! They have the catering there (other than the cake). It is a bit on the pricey side, but you get a lot for your money, and we can vouch that it is all delicious! I can't say enough for how awesome everyone was on the day of the wedding. We had a this plan for outdoor pictures in Forest Park, and had no rain in the forecast, and a storm blew in (with all of phones blaring off alerts of 70mph gust of winds expected and to seek shelter). Maggie let us in 1.5 hours prior to our expected arrival time. We went around the Science Center (proper) with our bridal party and photographer and got some awesome indoor pictures (of course, if you don't have a picture in your wedding dress with T-rex, clearly your life is incomplete!) We brought our own sound system for the ceremony and cocktail hour (Planetarium has a rental unit or you can use your DJ). The staff was super friendly and did not rush people with their meals (some places will grab your plates when you aren't looking to try and finish up, but we did not have that at all). The head table got their own wait staff and had our alcohol beverages of choice preordered and ready at the table. We did our cake cutting prior to the star show and they cut and had the cake out by the end of the star show. The entire planetarium was open to our guests including all the exhibits. At the end of the night, the wait staff had all of our boxes for our centerpieces, champagne glasses, decor ready and got a cart to bring it out to the cars. Despite our surprise storm and rainy night, we had absolutely an awesome wedding. Our guests had a ton of fun and just so many unique pictures. i would like to be helpful and give the cons of the planetarium, but honestly, the only con I had was that there are no hotels that shuttle there, and that's not the Planetarium's end! That's easy enough to arrange though. Definitely worth a look if you are getting married in StL!!

Great Stuff!

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Rudy S

They were fantastic, professional, helped us with everything they could and more!

Perfect Wedding.

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Stacie Z

We pretty much had the perfect wedding at the Planetarium. The staff was super helpful throughout, and planning was really a collaboration between our creative ideas and the event staff helping to make those ideas work for the space and process of our day (i.e., I appreciated... Read More their honesty and feedback about all the nutty stuff we wanted to do). On the night of, everyone was super nice and helpful (a random employee was kind enough to randomly grab me some cranberry juice so I didn't pass out on my way down the aisle). The event planer and intern made me feel so comfortable and at ease--they had everything handled, even when we decided to push back the ceremony by a few minutes to accommodate late guests. The food was great and tasted fresh. The bartender stole the show and everyone was impressed with his fancy drink-making skills. Towards the end, the staff was also great in helping my family wrap up everything that we needed to. We have zero complaints. The day was super memorable and we just had a great, positive experience throughout. Highly, highly recommend.

Perfect wedding location

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Maggie A

Starlite Events did an amazing job with my wedding at the Planetarium. Everything was set up perfectly and they helped me fulfill my vision of what I wanted everything to look like. My planner, Lisa, was a dream. She bent over backwards to help me and make my life easier.... Read More She definitely helped make this my dream wedding.

Magical Starry Night Reception

Reviewed on 9/27/2012 Angela R

We had our reception in the Planetarium at the St. Louis Science Center and it was perfect! The space is cool and unique and all of the exhibits stay open the entire time. Our cocktail hour took place downstairs and we created a playlist that Drew had playing over the sound... Read More system. She had our band set up on the balcony over the dance floor and the music sounded amazing in the Planetarium. They did a star show for us of the night my husband and I met. We had security on the property and the entire parking lot was used for our guests.

Excellent Venue

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Amie R

I recently had my wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at the Science Center. We have heard from many guests that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. We feel that the venue at the Science Center was a major part of that! If you're going for a fun, relaxed,... Read More interactive space - the Science Center can't be beat!! We went through a few planning hiccups on our way to the wedding date, which is why I'm giving the space a 4 out of 5. The events department is in kind of a transitional period, which made some planning difficult. I hope they get everything sorted out soon, because it's a great place to have a wedding!!

Great reception site!!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Michelle B

I chose the Science Center because I wanted to have my reception somewhere different that was special to me. The staff was great and the reception was beautiful! Quite a few of the guests said it was the best reception they had ever been to. I didn't have to worry about... Read More anything because the staff made sure everything ran smoothly. Great communication with the wedding coordinator!

Amazing Experience at and Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 8/02/2011 Erin L

We just recently had our wedding reception at the St. Louis Science Center and it was absolutely fantastic. Brooke (the coordinator) was amazing. She was extremely responsive to all my phone calls and emails and went above and beyond what I was expecting. Everyone commented... Read More on what a unique venue it was and I couldn't agree more. I wanted a fun-filled reception and with all the exhibits open to our guest as well as a star show I got just that. Anyone considering this venue give Brooke a call you won't be sorry.

Rating for St. Louis Science Center