Steele Hill Resorts

Sanbornton, NH

Book Your Wedding with Steele Hill Resorts

A BALLROOM IN SANBORNTON, NH

Overlooking the spectacular glacial lakes in Sanbornton, New Hampshire, Steele Hill Resorts is an ideal destination for a memorable wedding ceremony and reception. This venue is located on 500 acres of stunningly beautiful lands and hardwood forest that create a romantic ambience for a wedding day. From the charming views of Lakes Winnipesauke and Winnisquam to the rolling landscape of the executive golf course, Steele Hill Resorts offers a charming backdrop ideal for quality photography.

Built as a private or family retreat center, Steele Hill Resorts has both indoor and outdoor space options for couples to choose from when planning their weddings. The venue’s warm architectural design, artistic landscapes and the general ambience provide a touch of romance and intimacy. Couples can choose from the following event spaces to celebrate their weddings or receptions.

The Carriage House includes a floor space of 1,815 square feet with a capacity of 150 seated guests. This space option has beautiful interior decor, charming furniture setting, high ceilings and proper illumination. In addition, the carriage house has a strategically placed balcony that acts as a scenic photo shoot spot.

The Hilltop comprises of three rooms with a combined capacity of 325 guests. These rooms are relatively smaller, hence ideal for more intimate events. The Hilltop room’s plain interior design makes it easy to adjust its setting to a desired theme setting.

The Lawn has sweeping views of the surrounding landscape, hence providing a remote, yet enchanting, space. This event space is highly suitable for open-air ceremonies. However, the lawn may be tented in months of unpredictable weather conditions. Due to the large space area, the lawn can be used for large-to-medium-sized ceremonies.

Steele Hill Resorts offers guests quality accommodation, meal options and alcoholic drinks depending on the package selected. The suites offered include two bedroom units and special renovated rooms with flatscreen televisions, king-sized beds and full kitchen facilities. In addition, the packages at the venue can be customized to suit the couple’s preferences and budget.

Although Steele Hill Resorts cannot guarantee the absence of multiple events, the staff ensures that the ceremony or reception goes on undisturbed. In addition, the venue provides a day on-site manager whose task is to ensure a smooth flow of events on the property.

On the other hand, Steele Hill Resorts has a detailed list of vendors who assist couples in the planning, coordination and the supply of necessary amenities and services. These vendors are well-experienced and offer special privileges for weddings at Steele Hill Resorts. The services offered by the vendors include: photography, limousine transportation, horse-drawn carriage, floral creations, videography, chair covers and linen, hair and beauty and also provision of the wedding cakes.

The team of experienced staff at Steele Hill Resorts takes care of planning and coordination of the ceremony and reception. Couples who wish to treat themselves, family members and guests to an extra-special experience can choose from the following perks:

• Two indoor pools and two outdoor pools
  • Whirlpools and sauna
  • Nine-hole executive golf course
  • Fishing in private pond (catch and release)
  • Racquetball and tennis court
  • Health club
  • Hiking or ice skating (depending on weather)
  • Children’s playground

Central NH's premier wedding venue

Steele Hill Resorts is Central New Hampshire's premier wedding venue. The resort enjoys spectacular views of the area's glacial lakes and mountains, provides exceptional full-service catering and fosters a fun environment for your guests during their stay.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Barn, Country Club, Historic Venue, Hotel, Loft, Mountain, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

516 Steele Hill Rd., Sanbornton, NH (603) 581-2319

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Denise R

Penny and the staff at Steele Hill made our wedding day exceptional. Guests continue to tell us how much they enjoyed the venue and how well the whole reception was organized. I would recommend Steele Hill for any wedding reception that you want to be memorable by all guests!... Read More It was truly the best day of our life!!! Penny is professional and her suggestions and attention to detail were major contributors to the success. The food was delicious and Chef Jeb did everything to make sure everything was flawless

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Sarah C

Steele Hill was an amazing choice as a wedding venue. They were so easy to work with and took care of everything! The food was amazing and the location is first rate!

Couldn't ask for better!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Bri R

The ENTIRE Steele Hill staff was amazing for our wedding (Labor Day weekend). Though it was certainly busy, it never felt like it. Penny, our coordinator at the resort was spot on. She knows here stuff and everything went smoother than I could have ever imagined. Our ceremony... Read More site was not only beautiful, but they set up everything (ceremony and reception) just like I asked and I never worried it would be messed up. It was great to have them set everything up so I could relax. The service in the rooms was wonderful and the food was DELICIOUS. People raved and even got seconds of dinner. If I could do it again I would pick Steele Hill with no hesitations.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Skye M

Penny was amazing. I can't say enough awesome things about her! She made everything seem so easy, and you could tell she really cares about each and every wedding she helps plan. She made sure everything was taken care of as far as the wedding but she went above and beyond and... Read More snuck me around a corner away from everyone when I had a stress meltdown the night before! The food was more than incredible and each and every person we interacted with was more than acoomodating including the wait staff, the bartender, and everyone who helped us set up for the big day. We were able to go into the carriage house early to make sure things were perfect which was a huge stress relief. This was the perfect wedding and it didn't completely break the bank! It was priced very very well for everything that we got! Book book book is all I can say :)

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Stephanie G

I just got married on November 4th 2017. Penny the wedding planner and the staff were amazing. The food and the set up of the hall was amazing I couldn't of asked for a better day. Thank you.

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Stephanie G

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Kate M

Absolutely gorgeous resort and made our wedding day just that much better

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

I am the Mom of the Bride just this past 10/21/2017. Steele Hill was a wonderful choice for our family and created what I will call the "perfect wedding weekend" for Katherine and Sean. Any question, any request was always answered promptly. Penny Miller as their wedding... Read More administrator is your key "moms of the brides" to a no worry weekend and wedding of perfection for your daughter.The setting is spectacular with the mountains of New Hampshire visible all around. Highly recommended!! Give Penny Miller a call! You will be so glad you did!! Susan F.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Stephanie B

My family bought into the Steele Hill Resorts when I was 10 years old. We spent every summer and most of the winter and spring at our little get away. It is a beautiful place in general. We would often see couples getting married and getting their photos taken on the gold course... Read More or in the carriage house and I knew then and there that this beautiful place would be where I will vow my love to the man of my dreams. Our wedding was absolutely perfect. Penny is the best coordinator I have ever met. She never skipped a beat and she was happy to answer any silly question that popped into my head. The view is amazing. The food is delightful. You are VERY taken care of and catered to on your special day. Steele Hill staff really takes the worry out of your planning. We could not have asked for anything better. <3

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Ashley P

My husband and I were married at Steele Hill Resorts on 9/16. We could not have asked for a better outcome. Penny was AMAZING...she handled everything in a professional manner and we could not have asked for better wedding coordinator to work with. She was very prompt at... Read More answering questions and took all of my worries away. They did a great job setting everything up...the venue was beautiful as was the view for the ceremony. The vendors she recommended were outstanding...from the JP, music, to the flowers, and the cake....everything was just perfect! Steele Hill was a beautiful spot to be married and the food was outstanding. We are still getting calls from family members saying how beautiful everything was. Steele Hill was a great choice!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Melissa B

Our wedding weekend at Steele Hill Resort was a fairytale! Everything was perfect our suite, the views, the venue, the food, and every staff member we interacted with! We had 25 guestrooms booked for the wedding weekend. Our wedding was on September 23rd and our guests are still... Read More reaching out to say how beautiful our wedding was. Penny and Laura were beyond helpful! From the day we booked the venue to the moment I was walking down the aisle they were there for me. Being a bride and planning your wedding can be so stressful. I had so many questions. Everytime I emailed Penny or Laura they answered so fast no matter what day or time it was. They were one of the reasons I chose Steele Hill after touring with them! Our pictures came out beautiful, the views are breathtaking. I can't say enough about our experience at Steele Hill Resort. I truly dont have one single complaint. It was everything I ever imagined and more. I would recommend this venue to everyone! It was so nice to have all our friends and family together at the resort. We had our rehersal dinner at Steele Hill then all of our guests met at the fire pit afterwards. It was the perfect place for everyone to socialize and no one bothered us. The next morning our guests enjoyed hiking, golfing, and hanging out by the pool! Our wedding was at 6pm. The ceremony outside and then reception inside. The next morning we all met for the amazing Sunday morning brunch. Steele Hill will now forever hold a special place in my heart. Thank you Penny, Laura, and all the other staff members who helped make our wedding day so perfect!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Michelle K

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Steele Hill this past Sunday, August 20, 2017, as well as our rehearsal dinner the night before on Saturday, August 20, 2017. We really can't say enough nice things about Penny and the entire staff at Steele Hill for their kindness... Read More and professionalism, while still allowing us to be in control of making all the decisions for our big day. Everything the day of was absolutely perfect. All our guests continue to rave about what an amazing wedding it was, from the view during the ceremony (overlooking the mountains and Lake Winnisquam) to the food served during the cocktail hour and reception (as well as the rehearsal dinner!). To Penny and the rest of the exceptional Steele Hill staff, thank you so much for creating a wonderful and memorable day for us. Our wedding day was truly everything we had hoped it would be!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Chelsey C

The were great! Exceeded expectations

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Anthony P

The food was awesome and the staff was great!

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Helen B

Our daughter and son in law were married at Steele Hill this winter. It was absolutely magical, a beautiful, winter wonderland setting. Everything was just perfect. We are genuinely grateful to Penny and her staff for helping make their wedding so special.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kaila P

I would highly recommend Steele Hill Resorts to anyone planning a wedding in NH. Penny was absolutely amazing to work with! I had to have emailed her at least 100 times over the year with question after question about then venue, and wedding planning in general. She was so... Read More incredibly helpful and went above and beyond to make our day more special than we imagined. She was there helping us through everything from planning, to rehearsal, to ceremony, to reception. I don't have a single negative thing to say about this venue. They are prepped and ready incase of rain on your wedding day (like it did on ours!). The food is phenomenal. The staff working at our rehearsal dinner, as well as at our reception, were all very friendly and helpful. Penny helped up customize all of our food options (we had some vegan, and some gluten-free guests). Jeb, the chef, did a wonderful job on all of our food. If you are looking for a venue that will be involved and beyond helpful with your entire planning process, Steele Hill is it. Penny-THANK YOU for making our day so wonderful!! You absolutely rocked it!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Cassie C

Steele Hill was absolutely amazing! Our day was everything we had ever hoped for and more! We could not have asked for a more perfect venue! Penny and everyone at Steele Hill was amazing to work with! We are still getting compliments about how amazing our wedding was; how... Read More awesome the food was and people begging us to do it again! Really couldn't have asked for a more perfect night thanks to Steele Hill, Penny and all the staff it was absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jillian W

We couldn't be happier with how our big day went. Super competent planners and delicious catering! The views are to die for, and made the perfect backdrop for our special day.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Briana C

My husband and I got married at Steele Hill in June of this year and it was absolutely amazing!! The venue is wonderful, the views are spectacular(our ceremony was outside and all our guests kept telling us how breathtaking the view was!), & Penny is amazing!! From the moment we... Read More met Penny, she was always so bubbly and wonderful with answering all of our questions through the planning process! Literally, the entire staff was super friendly & attentive through out our whole wedding. The food was delicious! One of our guests asked for the recipe for the potatoes au gratin, he loved them so much! We are still being told how great the food was and just how much fun the entire wedding was! My husband and I had such a great experience! I definitely recommend Steele Hill to anyone looking for a venue with a gorgeous view and amazing staff!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Megan M

I cannot say enough about Steele Hill and how amazing our wedding was. A little over a year ago, my husband and I decided we had to be married in the lakes region of NH - we are avid hikers, vacation there in the summer, and were engaged on Winnipesaukee. Knowing we had a lot of... Read More decisions to make and a lot of options to explore, we began our search for the perfect venue. We both fell in love with Steele Hill immediately. It had absolutely everything we wanted: an amazing view of Winnisquam and surrounding mountains where we could have an outdoor ceremony, plenty of rooms for our guests to stay the weekend, but most importantly it had Penny. Planning a wedding is so stressful, but planning a wedding with Penny was an absolute pleasure. She was right there with me for every step of the process, had all of the right answers, and made me feel comfortable with every decision we made. At this point, I don't know how anyone plans a wedding without her. Day of, her staff was equally amazing, the bartenders were friendly, the food was incredible and everything went perfectly. My guests still cannot stop talking about how amazing Steele Hill is, and how they want to come back and stay for a weekend. I recommend Steele Hill and Penny to any bride and groom looking to get married in NH.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016

I officiated the wedding of my niece the weekend before last and she and her husband had chosen Steele Hill. It was *amazing* It is in the Lakes Region in New Hampshire, up on a hill overlooking a lake. The setting was gorgeous. The night of the wedding rehearsal, there was a... Read More full moon and when the moon came up from behind the mountain and cast light on the lake, it was incredible. People who have seen the pictures have told me that the wedding looked magical which it truly was. In addition to the natural beauty, though, was the amazing staff. Their wonderful warmth -- particularly of our event coordinator, Penny Miller, was what really meant so much to me. I don’t how she did it, but even doing dozens and dozens of weddings, she made us feel like we were the only ones and that we were special. If anyone is hoping for a beautiful, natural wedding, Steele Hill is the venue. It will hold a special place in my heart.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016

5 Stars!! I cannot say enough about the wonderful, attentive service we received at Steele Hill from the first contact to the end of the wedding celebration. Penny Miller, Director of Hospitality Sales, was my first contact. Penny was very knowledgeable, accommodating,... Read More personable, and most important, clearly loved her job. I knew immediately I was in good hands. On the day of the reception, I was met by the kitchen manager who introduced me to our server, Matt. Although we had a small group of 20, I was concerned one person would not be able to meet the demands of 20 different people ordering 20 different drinks and 20 different meals, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Matt was nothing short of remarkable, he was pleasant, efficient, and did everything he could to accommodate every request. The food was excellent, the atmosphere superb, every guest commented on how perfect it was. Thank you to Penny, Matt and all of the staff at Steele Hill for treating our small wedding celebration like the most important event of the day. Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Carissa V

I must begin by saying that my wedding day involved virtually no stress or snafus, which I hear can be pretty unrealistic so I am grateful for that because we've all heard the horror stories! The location itself was enough. Our guests were mesmerized by the views and peaceful,... Read More breathtaking atmosphere! After its all said and done, my husband, myself and our family and friends had an incredible weekend which is what matters the most. There were only minor things, in my opinion , that could have used improvement. Firstly, the bar service situation was rather dissapointing. Months leading up to the big day, penny and staff had reiterated that they only serve safely, which I respected considering that was one less headache we'd have to endure on our special day. However, they denied serving some of our guests who were hardly over any sort of limit and I say this as a bride who had perhaps 2 drinks the entire evening. My husband, the groom, waited 5 minutes for a beer at one point, adding that the bar staff was rude and unaccomodating. His brother, the best man, was also given a hard time about being served. Apparently they questioned his age....he's a 24 year old man at his brothers wedding so he did not have his liscence readily available for the bartender. Having to go back to the hotel room to retrieve your liscence at your brothers open bar wedding is a bit rediculous in our opinion. The actual dinner waitstaff for the evening however were very friendly and quite helpful. Our late night snacks were placed under the air conditioning unit so after about 5 minutes our sliders were cold and inedible which was dissapointing considering the cost. No one had even announced that the snacks were brought out so most of it went uneaten, again, frustrating. Penny was extremely friendly, helpful and responsive throughout our entire relationship with the venue however we hardly saw her on the actual day of or night prior to the wedding day which was challenging for some of our vendors (and guests, family etc) who felt left in the dark and uncertain of timelines and what not. Overall communication and organization felt a bit lacking. These to me are minor details as again I still had a wonderful day and what I thought to be a beautiful ceremony and reception, but for some who prefer strict organization and constant communication, these may be more significant details. For these minor details I have given 4 instead of 5 stars, however my wedding day was again still wonderful and we are happy with choosing Steele Hill as our wedding venue overall!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Paul C

I was the Justice of the Peace for a wedding at Steele Hill this past Saturday, May 14th. They have amazing staff & service!!!! The view from the ceremony area was spectacular.

disappointing

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Cathy L

I was married this fall at Steele Hill and was not impressed. It had all the amenities I needed and was a very pretty location but the staff is seemingly inexperienced and incompetent. I was embarrassed by how my guests were treated. The hotel staff messed up the reservations... Read More and I had to have multiple conversations with many people, including the manager only to have them still wrong on the day of check-in. No one was provided with receipts upon check-out because they ran out of paper. (seriously?) Everyone was told their receipts would be emailed to them however this did not happen. Only to find out that when my father got his credit card statement that he was double charged. The reception room was not set up the way it was supposed to be and all my guests were shoved into one tiny space while the rest of the room was filled with random bare tables. I left an item in my room and realized it just hours after I left. I immediately called and said I would come back and pick it up but was told that there was no one there that could get it for me and I would have to fill out a form online to submit a claim and pay for it to be shipped back to me. This was 2:00 on on Sunday evening and I was going on my honeymoon the next morning. All in all, I spent a LOT of money on VERY small amounts of sub-par food, got poor service and am still apologizing to my family for their treatment.

2016-01-21T13:50:35 Response from the vendor

I am sorry to hear about your negative impression of the resort. I did follow up with our desk manager and reservations manager on your feedback. Per our review, they stated that you asked for special arrangements to be made with regard to payment of... Read Less Read More