Steele Hill Resorts

Sanbornton, NH

Book Your Wedding with Steele Hill Resorts

A BALLROOM IN SANBORNTON, NH

Overlooking the spectacular glacial lakes in Sanbornton, New Hampshire, Steele Hill Resorts is an ideal destination for a memorable wedding ceremony and reception. This venue is located on 500 acres of stunningly beautiful lands and hardwood forest that create a romantic ambience for a wedding day. From the charming views of Lakes Winnipesauke and Winnisquam to the rolling landscape of the executive golf course, Steele Hill Resorts offers a charming backdrop ideal for quality photography.

Built as a private or family retreat center, Steele Hill Resorts has both indoor and outdoor space options for couples to choose from when planning their weddings. The venue’s warm architectural design, artistic landscapes and the general ambience provide a touch of romance and intimacy. Couples can choose from the following event spaces to celebrate their weddings or receptions.

The Carriage House includes a floor space of 1,815 square feet with a capacity of 150 seated guests. This space option has beautiful interior decor, charming furniture setting, high ceilings and proper illumination. In addition, the carriage house has a strategically placed balcony that acts as a scenic photo shoot spot.

The Hilltop comprises of three rooms with a combined capacity of 325 guests. These rooms are relatively smaller, hence ideal for more intimate events. The Hilltop room’s plain interior design makes it easy to adjust its setting to a desired theme setting.

The Lawn has sweeping views of the surrounding landscape, hence providing a remote, yet enchanting, space. This event space is highly suitable for open-air ceremonies. However, the lawn may be tented in months of unpredictable weather conditions. Due to the large space area, the lawn can be used for large-to-medium-sized ceremonies.

Steele Hill Resorts offers guests quality accommodation, meal options and alcoholic drinks depending on the package selected. The suites offered include two bedroom units and special renovated rooms with flatscreen televisions, king-sized beds and full kitchen facilities. In addition, the packages at the venue can be customized to suit the couple’s preferences and budget.

Although Steele Hill Resorts cannot guarantee the absence of multiple events, the staff ensures that the ceremony or reception goes on undisturbed. In addition, the venue provides a day on-site manager whose task is to ensure a smooth flow of events on the property.

On the other hand, Steele Hill Resorts has a detailed list of vendors who assist couples in the planning, coordination and the supply of necessary amenities and services. These vendors are well-experienced and offer special privileges for weddings at Steele Hill Resorts. The services offered by the vendors include: photography, limousine transportation, horse-drawn carriage, floral creations, videography, chair covers and linen, hair and beauty and also provision of the wedding cakes.

The team of experienced staff at Steele Hill Resorts takes care of planning and coordination of the ceremony and reception. Couples who wish to treat themselves, family members and guests to an extra-special experience can choose from the following perks:

• Two indoor pools and two outdoor pools
  • Whirlpools and sauna
  • Nine-hole executive golf course
  • Fishing in private pond (catch and release)
  • Racquetball and tennis court
  • Health club
  • Hiking or ice skating (depending on weather)
  • Children’s playground

Central NH's premier wedding venue

Steele Hill Resorts is Central New Hampshire's premier wedding venue. The resort enjoys spectacular views of the area's glacial lakes and mountains, provides exceptional full-service catering and fosters a fun environment for your guests during their stay.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Barn, Country Club, Historic Venue, Hotel, Loft, Mountain, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

516 Steele Hill Rd., Sanbornton, NH (603) 581-2319

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Denise R

Penny and the staff at Steele Hill made our wedding day exceptional. Guests continue to tell us how much they enjoyed the venue and how well the whole reception was organized. I would recommend Steele Hill for any wedding reception that you want to be memorable by all guests!... Read More It was truly the best day of our life!!! Penny is professional and her suggestions and attention to detail were major contributors to the success. The food was delicious and Chef Jeb did everything to make sure everything was flawless

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Sarah C

Steele Hill was an amazing choice as a wedding venue. They were so easy to work with and took care of everything! The food was amazing and the location is first rate!

Couldn't ask for better!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Bri R

The ENTIRE Steele Hill staff was amazing for our wedding (Labor Day weekend). Though it was certainly busy, it never felt like it. Penny, our coordinator at the resort was spot on. She knows here stuff and everything went smoother than I could have ever imagined. Our ceremony... Read More site was not only beautiful, but they set up everything (ceremony and reception) just like I asked and I never worried it would be messed up. It was great to have them set everything up so I could relax. The service in the rooms was wonderful and the food was DELICIOUS. People raved and even got seconds of dinner. If I could do it again I would pick Steele Hill with no hesitations.

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Helen B

Our daughter and son in law were married at Steele Hill this winter. It was absolutely magical, a beautiful, winter wonderland setting. Everything was just perfect. We are genuinely grateful to Penny and her staff for helping make their wedding so special.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kaila P

I would highly recommend Steele Hill Resorts to anyone planning a wedding in NH. Penny was absolutely amazing to work with! I had to have emailed her at least 100 times over the year with question after question about then venue, and wedding planning in general. She was so... Read More incredibly helpful and went above and beyond to make our day more special than we imagined. She was there helping us through everything from planning, to rehearsal, to ceremony, to reception. I don't have a single negative thing to say about this venue. They are prepped and ready incase of rain on your wedding day (like it did on ours!). The food is phenomenal. The staff working at our rehearsal dinner, as well as at our reception, were all very friendly and helpful. Penny helped up customize all of our food options (we had some vegan, and some gluten-free guests). Jeb, the chef, did a wonderful job on all of our food. If you are looking for a venue that will be involved and beyond helpful with your entire planning process, Steele Hill is it. Penny-THANK YOU for making our day so wonderful!! You absolutely rocked it!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Cassie C

Steele Hill was absolutely amazing! Our day was everything we had ever hoped for and more! We could not have asked for a more perfect venue! Penny and everyone at Steele Hill was amazing to work with! We are still getting compliments about how amazing our wedding was; how... Read More awesome the food was and people begging us to do it again! Really couldn't have asked for a more perfect night thanks to Steele Hill, Penny and all the staff it was absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jillian W

We couldn't be happier with how our big day went. Super competent planners and delicious catering! The views are to die for, and made the perfect backdrop for our special day.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Megan M

I cannot say enough about Steele Hill and how amazing our wedding was. A little over a year ago, my husband and I decided we had to be married in the lakes region of NH - we are avid hikers, vacation there in the summer, and were engaged on Winnipesaukee. Knowing we had a lot of... Read More decisions to make and a lot of options to explore, we began our search for the perfect venue. We both fell in love with Steele Hill immediately. It had absolutely everything we wanted: an amazing view of Winnisquam and surrounding mountains where we could have an outdoor ceremony, plenty of rooms for our guests to stay the weekend, but most importantly it had Penny. Planning a wedding is so stressful, but planning a wedding with Penny was an absolute pleasure. She was right there with me for every step of the process, had all of the right answers, and made me feel comfortable with every decision we made. At this point, I don't know how anyone plans a wedding without her. Day of, her staff was equally amazing, the bartenders were friendly, the food was incredible and everything went perfectly. My guests still cannot stop talking about how amazing Steele Hill is, and how they want to come back and stay for a weekend. I recommend Steele Hill and Penny to any bride and groom looking to get married in NH.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016

I officiated the wedding of my niece the weekend before last and she and her husband had chosen Steele Hill. It was *amazing* It is in the Lakes Region in New Hampshire, up on a hill overlooking a lake. The setting was gorgeous. The night of the wedding rehearsal, there was a... Read More full moon and when the moon came up from behind the mountain and cast light on the lake, it was incredible. People who have seen the pictures have told me that the wedding looked magical which it truly was. In addition to the natural beauty, though, was the amazing staff. Their wonderful warmth -- particularly of our event coordinator, Penny Miller, was what really meant so much to me. I don’t how she did it, but even doing dozens and dozens of weddings, she made us feel like we were the only ones and that we were special. If anyone is hoping for a beautiful, natural wedding, Steele Hill is the venue. It will hold a special place in my heart.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016

5 Stars!! I cannot say enough about the wonderful, attentive service we received at Steele Hill from the first contact to the end of the wedding celebration. Penny Miller, Director of Hospitality Sales, was my first contact. Penny was very knowledgeable, accommodating,... Read More personable, and most important, clearly loved her job. I knew immediately I was in good hands. On the day of the reception, I was met by the kitchen manager who introduced me to our server, Matt. Although we had a small group of 20, I was concerned one person would not be able to meet the demands of 20 different people ordering 20 different drinks and 20 different meals, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Matt was nothing short of remarkable, he was pleasant, efficient, and did everything he could to accommodate every request. The food was excellent, the atmosphere superb, every guest commented on how perfect it was. Thank you to Penny, Matt and all of the staff at Steele Hill for treating our small wedding celebration like the most important event of the day. Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Carissa V

I must begin by saying that my wedding day involved virtually no stress or snafus, which I hear can be pretty unrealistic so I am grateful for that because we've all heard the horror stories! The location itself was enough. Our guests were mesmerized by the views and peaceful,... Read More breathtaking atmosphere! After its all said and done, my husband, myself and our family and friends had an incredible weekend which is what matters the most. There were only minor things, in my opinion , that could have used improvement. Firstly, the bar service situation was rather dissapointing. Months leading up to the big day, penny and staff had reiterated that they only serve safely, which I respected considering that was one less headache we'd have to endure on our special day. However, they denied serving some of our guests who were hardly over any sort of limit and I say this as a bride who had perhaps 2 drinks the entire evening. My husband, the groom, waited 5 minutes for a beer at one point, adding that the bar staff was rude and unaccomodating. His brother, the best man, was also given a hard time about being served. Apparently they questioned his age....he's a 24 year old man at his brothers wedding so he did not have his liscence readily available for the bartender. Having to go back to the hotel room to retrieve your liscence at your brothers open bar wedding is a bit rediculous in our opinion. The actual dinner waitstaff for the evening however were very friendly and quite helpful. Our late night snacks were placed under the air conditioning unit so after about 5 minutes our sliders were cold and inedible which was dissapointing considering the cost. No one had even announced that the snacks were brought out so most of it went uneaten, again, frustrating. Penny was extremely friendly, helpful and responsive throughout our entire relationship with the venue however we hardly saw her on the actual day of or night prior to the wedding day which was challenging for some of our vendors (and guests, family etc) who felt left in the dark and uncertain of timelines and what not. Overall communication and organization felt a bit lacking. These to me are minor details as again I still had a wonderful day and what I thought to be a beautiful ceremony and reception, but for some who prefer strict organization and constant communication, these may be more significant details. For these minor details I have given 4 instead of 5 stars, however my wedding day was again still wonderful and we are happy with choosing Steele Hill as our wedding venue overall!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Paul C

I was the Justice of the Peace for a wedding at Steele Hill this past Saturday, May 14th. They have amazing staff & service!!!! The view from the ceremony area was spectacular.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Kayla

Penny was absolutely amazing. The views were breath taking, the food was awesome, the rooms perfect, but Penny truly made this such an amazing experience! I connected with her in such a way I never would have imagined even though it was only a short time. She catered to all my... Read More last minute changes & the staff was super accomadTing as well. Thank you so much from myself & family everyone had nothing but good things to say. We loved our wedding day & I find myself reminiscing all the time!!

June 2015 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Erica M

Penny was amazing. We had a lot of changes, and asked a lot of questions, and she made everything so easy! The day of she was helpful and kept everyone in line. I couldn't have done it without her!

Susan & Jack's Senior Wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

We (Jack & Susan) are both in our seventies and had our wedding reception Oct, 3, 2015 at Steele Hill Resorts in Sanbornton, New Hampshire. Penny Miller and her staff were extremely helpful with all the details to make the wedding very special. The recommended vendors were... Read More excellent. Thanks to all that helped make the event a success.

Small Family Wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Penny Miller and her staff were most helpful and considerate of myself, my husband and our family members. We are an older couple so we wanted to have our children and their families stay for the weekend. Penny helped with the decisions I made for flowers, favors, and the... Read More physical set-up for our small group. The food, the servers and the atmosphere made our Wedding Day one we will treasure with great memories.

Penny and her team are the best!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Penny and her team were absolutely wonderful! I couldn't have asked for a more friendly, reliable, and professional team. Not only was the venue boast spectacular views, but the food was absolutely delicious, and their attention to detail was superb. I would not hesitate to... Read More urge any couple looking to get married to book Steele Hill for their perfect wedding.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Katelyn W

Penny was absolutely amazing to work with. She was always quick to respond to anything we needed, very well organized and absolutely nailed the execution. The food was delicious. We live south of Boston so all of our guests ended up spending the night and had a blast. If your... Read More looking for a more affordable destination style wedding for your guests this.venue will definitely capture that need!

Amazing Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Zen A

My husband and I just had our wedding at Steele Hill Resorts in early October, 2015. We used the outdoor lawn space for our ceremony and The Carriage House for our reception of 75 guests. Everything about the wedding ran so smoothly, from our initial walk through of the... Read More property, to follow-up meetings, to the actual event. They have a great system in place and Penny, the coordinator, does an amazing job. We were so grateful for her during the entire thing! Our guests are still raving about the views from the ceremony as well as the food at the reception. We chose a buffet and there were more than enough choices for everyone, and it was all delicious. I don't have a single bad thing to say. If you want a hassle-free wedding at an amazing venue, Steele Hill is the answer.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

While it wasn't a wedding that we held at Steele Hill Resorts I feel it is important to write a good review! Penny Miller helped my Mother and I through the process of planning an event at the resort. We booked the Carriage House! The venue was perfect for our 85 guests. The... Read More food was outstanding and the service was great! we are truly satisfied beyond expectation and plan to host many more events at Steele Hill!

Iaana's Graduation Party

Reviewed on 8/20/2015

Absolutely NO words to describe how wonderful and professional you all are as event coordinators. Many thanks for everything. It all came together just as envisioned, and that's through working together. It was such a great pleasure working with all of you! My only... Read More concerned was the buffet dinner, it was well displayed, however not cooked to medium, so this caused the lack in taste. I've tasted great meals at Steele Hill before, so this is the reason the four stars, not five, but overall it was spectacular. Many thanks! ☺️

Beautiful and perfect

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Alicia

Got married here on 7/25/15. The ceremony and reception were on site. Ceremony outside on the hill overlooking lake winnisquam. It was stunning and all our guests agreed. Penny the coordinator was easy to talk to and helped ease our stresses every step of the way. It was the... Read More perfect wedding and very reasonable for cost compared to other locations in the lakes region. Not a single complaint!

My Wedding WAS AMAZING

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Amber T

We got married at Steele Hill on 8/2. The staff did an excellent job making sure we had everything we needed. They accommodated my picky bride who insisted to decorate herself. A week later and I still have guests commenting about the food, and how great it was. Steele Hill... Read More allowed us to customize a menu which they seem to pride themselves in. Penny Miller did a great job helping even when things were running late because of the bride she was patient and kind throughout the whole planning process. The banquet staff and bartender were effective and kind. They helped deliver meals to elderly guests off the buffet. The views were amazing and guests really seemed to enjoy themselves. The guests who stayed at the resort seemed very happy about the rooms. Any issues were resolved quickly! OVERALL A GREAT DAY!!! All of the vendors they recommend were excellent as well!

As close to perfect as it can get

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 Jennifer S

My husband and I were so impressed with Steele Hill, mostly because Penny Miller was like some kind of wedding planning superhero. Penny was my rock through the whole planning process and bent over backwards to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted. She worked with us... Read More to create a menu that was vegetarian friendly since so many of our guests were vegetarian including myself, and was flexible despite all the changes we made along the way. She supported all of my somewhat odd ideas about decorations, the ceremony, and the reception space. Most of all, she was calm and sweet and warm, and responded to all my texts, emails and phone calls in a timely manner. Penny has so much experience and seems to really love her job and the couples she meets. Besides Penny though, the food was AMAZING - all of our guests raved about it, and even though I only had a few minutes to stuff my face all of the food was spectacular (especially the potatoes, eggplant parm and lemon ricotta ravioli!). The servers were also spectacular, and went out of their way to bring my husband and myself hors d'oevres when I was bustling my dress and we were preparing to enter the reception hall. Not only that, but when some of our guests had maybe a bit too much alcohol and got a little obnoxious, the bartender and DJ kept them in check. My husband and I agreed our wedding would not have been nearly as much fun or as comfortable had we gone with another venue we looked at.

New Years Eve wedding

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Nicole B

Oh Steele Hill! It was a long, long planning process, not without its hiccups. At the end of the day, my wedding was 100 on a scale of 1 to 10. We had a two year engagement and decided to book Steele Hill shortly there after. We had already decided we wanted to get married on... Read More New Years Eve and wanted a destination where our guests could come have a few days to bond and celebrate. When we arrived we got the warm, intimate unique destination feeling we had craved. We signed a contract shortly after. We ended up working with 3 different wedding coordinators during our planning process. In the end, we got Penny and couldnt be more thankful for her. She is ridiculously responsive, supportive and nurturing. Several things that our previous planners had told us would happen weren't able to, but Penny would ask what we wanted to get out of what we had planned and helped us come up with something we could do that would achieve what we wanted. She was there to handle all our panicked calls all the way until she smoothed my train and veil before my walk down the aisle. That may seem small, but when you are the bride it means everything. We had an amazing bartender who made the perfect shot for my bridesmaids and I ( I never take shots so he went easy). We shut down Tovas tavern the next night and was there again with another awesome bartender. The waitstaff was also so wonderful. After our rehearsal dinner (which was also on site) all of our favorite people went to the pool to drink and celebrate. It was an amazing experience. Our ceremony was in the carriage house and I've never seen anything more beautiful. The fire was roaring and in the dusk it felt so magical. I can't tell you how many people came up and told us it was the most beautiful ceremony space they had ever seen. Food was amazing, Penny was beyond amazing and there wasn't one thing that I would change. The negatives were few, but in the interest of being complete: 1) two night minimum for guests made a lot of our guests stay off site. 2) late check in and early check out was tough. 3) there was some back and fourth with fees that had been agreed upon being waived then being charged. 4) we went with the house DJ (our choice, not required). He did a great job, but did go a little off our requested song choices. He also played the wrong version of our first dance song (right song, wrong version). He was great overall and no one but me would notice but I think he waited until the last minute on somethings because he has done this so many times before. He did give us amazing uplighting and was sweet and accomadating. Dance floor was always full. Like I said I would not change a single thing in our special day. It was the most perfect, beautiful few days of my life. I would without a doubt recommend this venue.