Your perfect day starts here!!

The ladies at Stephanie's are trained to provide you with the personal service you deserve to find your perfect dress and everything to make your big day fabulous! The experience of our bridal consultants is unmatched and we are committed to making your experience with us a happy, no stress one! Stephanie's is a full service boutique offering not only Bridal Gowns, but Bridesmaids, Mother's dresses, Flower Girls, Accessories, tuxedos & more!

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available

18675 E. 39th St South, Independence, MO (816) 795-6866

Perfect experience

Reviewed on 2/03/2014

Stephanie and her staff are the perfect combination of class and sweetness. You feel like you are in a high end store with very experienced stylists yet they are all so sweet and helpful. The best inventory in KC and felt so special the whole time I was there. Stephanie truly... Read More cares about your wedding day and helping you be your most beautiful. Fabulous!

LOVE HER!

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Trisha R

I found Stephanie's after I found my gown at another store, but I loved her so much that I wanted to find something there. So I went shopping for my headband and my sash, and sure enough, she over-delivered. I absolutely loved my headband, and my sash was perfect. Thank you... Read More Stephanie for being a part of my amazing weekend!

Wedding Time

Reviewed on 2/04/2014

I was nervous to go in & try on wedding dresses..but the staff @ Stephanie's Bridal Boutique made me feel so comfortable & @ home! It was a great experience & I highly recommend all soon to be brides to go there! Couldn't be more happy w/ my beautiful wedding gown!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Megan L

This was the first and only bridal boutique I went to when looking for my dress. I scheduled an appointment on Black Friday in the afternoon. It seemed a bit unorganized when we got there (I can understand - Black Friday craziness) but it was about half an hour after our... Read More scheduled appointment time before we were able to be helped and set up with a room. My mom had to go to work that afternoon and the appointment starting late almost kept her from seeing me try on dresses. It worked out in the end because I quickly found "The One!" but it made the experience a little more stressful. This is why I give 4 stars. The girl that took over my appointment was absolutely lovely. My mom, maid of honor, and bridesmaid with me all adored her too. I don't remember her name (she's small, tan skin, very long blonde curly hair) unfortunately. But she really helped make trying on dresses enjoyable rather than nerve wracking! As someone who is shy and self-conscious, trying on dresses was the best experience I could've imagined. She helped me feel confident which is definitely what a bride needs in such a vulnerable moment! I decided to use their 3rd party alteration services. Setting up an appointment was easy. I know the seamstress is a separate business but anyone using Stephanie's may choose to use this seamstress so I feel I should share my experience. This doesn't represent the overall rating! She's quite blunt and opinionated. I think she indirectly insulted me to my mom on two or three separate occasions, and I watched her do the same with the bride before me. I brush it off as a difference in personality or culture, but be forewarned if you're a sensitive or anxious person. The alterations were done on time, but I did feel like they were more expensive than quotes I've heard from other brides. Ask for quotes and shop around. :)

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Katie R

Shopping for your wedding dress can be emotional. For me, it was, as I lost my mom to cancer 4 years prior to me getting married. When I decided I was ready to start looking, I really wanted to get a Maggie Sottero dress and low and behold Stephanie's sells that designer. I... Read More booked my appointment and somehow the time I chose was double booked. Without even blinking they offered to open up early so my sister and I could have our appointment. Not expecting to find my dress on day one of looking we started and boom, Dress #2 was it! From the entire, attentive, sweet sales team to Elsa, the amazingly gifted seamstress, the women at Stephanie's Bridal Boutique made what could have been a sad, emotional time, a wonderful, exciting, happy memory. I will forever be grateful to them! And I ADORE my dress! I wish I could wear it everyday.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Lisa H

The boutique almost ruined my daughter's wedding.... Our story, dress ordered, 7 months later in but wrong size, they ordered 10 sizes to small, the owner of this boutique chewed us out in front of all her employees (they were in a staff meeting) to only discover it WAS the... Read More stores fault( no one measured my daughter at the time of purchase, a basic boutique 101 thing) not ours like she insisted, order another dress on rush in which is was late to, left us with 1 month before the wedding, we did not get alterations at Stephanie's there are better places out there that are reasonable and will let you pay by credit or debit card, not cash. They also kept the nice zip up bag the dress came in to give me a cheap pink dryer cleaner bag, paid $1200.00 for the dress. Very unorganized, to small, not enough seating for guest and just snooty folks

2017-05-29T00:44:08 Response from the vendor

Hello, thank you for your feedback, I will just copy and paste my reply below to your daughter who left same review and when people comment on every post on my fb to bash my business, yes, I will block them - it's harassment, just... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Megan C

They are very rude people. They have blocked me from seeing if my review is even still on their page of my experience. The employee never measured me, ordered the dress that would fit my body size and then some. When the dress came in it was 10 SIZES TOO SMALL!! The owner... Read More couldn't even show me the measurements that were taken from that day. I had proof from my doctors office that I had actually lost weight since the first appointment and the owner was still treating me with disrespect. The alterations lady is by far the rudest person I have ever met. She argued with my mother while I was almost in tears over the situation of my dress and my mother was simply trying to explain what I wanted. I would NEVER recommend this store to anyone.

2017-05-29T00:44:37 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Jackie S

Everyone here was so nice! I had an idea of what I wanted, and they pulled the dresses for me! They had one that o didn't pick, but thought I would like. Turns out that's the dress I said "yes" too!! I would recommend Stephanie's Bridal time and time again. Couldn't have asked... Read More for a better experience. And to add,5$3 boutique is so cute!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Emily B

What a charming store! Though I didn't buy a dress here, I had a wonderful experience with the variety of dress styles and options Stephanie's offers. There was ample seating and each room had a mirror (a definite plus for a shy bride like me!). They let my mom and sister... Read More quietly browse for dresses for me, and didn't insist on any style or price that I wasn't comfortable with. Very enjoyable!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Caitlin L

I didn't end up buying a dress from Stephanie's Bridal boutique but my experience trying on dresses there was just fabulous! Becky listened and looked at pictures of what I was interested in and she found dresses that fit my style. She was so sweet and made me feel comfortable.... Read More Although I ended up choosing a dress somewhere else, I would highly recommend Stephanie's Boutique!

Reviewed on 2/25/2017

Stephanie's Bridal boutique has the biggest and prettiest prom selection!!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Robyn K

My best friend found THE DRESS of her dreams here, and they were absolutely amazing! So helpful, and were glad to do as much or as little as we needed them to! We could not have found better people, or a more elegant place to get her dress! Thanks so much ladies! I will be... Read More recommending you to everyone and anyone I know that is getting married!

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Ashley G

This bridal salon was a pretty large disappointment. I drove 3 hours because this vendor boasts about a number of designers I was highly interested in. The selection was extremely limited; I tried on 4 dresses I didn't even like and was out the door in 40 minutes. Pretty giant... Read More let down.

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Laura V

My mom and I were in the area and decided to stop by without an appointment, and instantly felt welcomed. I was trying on a few dresses when Stephanie brought me a dress in a different color and style than I was looking for. As soon as I put it on I knew I had found my... Read More wedding dress. Stephanie referred us to Elsa for alterations. We knew we were in the good hands of an expert. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, we will miss having a reason to go there!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Bryenna B

The owner was SO nice & helpful after walking in to see the place (without an appointment). Ended up finding my perfect dress ( with tears and all). Such a wonderful experience! Definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Jacqueline K

The customer service here was horrible. They body shamed my friend and when the manger was told about it she said that is just how the alterations lady is. That is unacceptable. I waited at the front desk for 10 minutes before anyone came to assist me on two different occasions.... Read More I would not recommend this place to anyone.

2017-05-29T00:48:59 Response from the vendor

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with alterations in the store :( I do want you to know we offer alterations as a courtesy to our Brides just to make it convenient and in the same place, but that is a separate business... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Kateline M

I had the best experience at Stephanie's Bridal Boutique! Becky was my consultant and she was AMAZING! She was so friendly, patient, helpful, and knowledgeable. Becky was never pushy, and understood that I had a budget to work with. She helped me in and out of so many dresses... Read More until I could finally make my decision. I visited several stores after this but NO ONE else compared to the selection and staff at Stephanie's. I knew deep down that I had to go back, and it's a good thing I did because I was able to purchase my dress here! Highly recommend this store to all brides!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Linda S

Literally could not have found better people to work with! I am so thankful I got my dress and my bridesmaids dresses from Stephanie's! Anytime I started to freak out Stephanie, Andi and Elsa were there to keep me calm! I am so grateful for them making me feel so special every... Read More moment I was in the store! Had such a blast dancing around in my wedding dress! Loved the whole experience and would highly recommend Stephanie's to anyone and everyone!!! Thanks again girls!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kimberly P

I had a great experience at Stephanie's Bridal and would suggest it to anyone! I did not find my dress here but I thought I was going to. The staff let me choose everything out and made the day exactly how I wanted it. The downside was that they make you put down a deposit to... Read More hold your dress for a few days and when I looked back at the receipt, it seemed like they were going to overcharge me based on discounts they said would be applied and also add on the hold fee. They have a very limited selection but the selection is great. I probably tried on 8 different mermaid styles all in my price range. Also, the owner was willing to let me buy one off the store front mannequin at a discount which was really nice (even though it didn't fit right in the end). I would suggest this place to anyone for a great shopping experience.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Loren G

Seriously nothing but positive things to say about Stephanies Bridal Boutique! It's the true definition of a one stop shop for all your wedding and honeymoon attire! Being able to get your bridal gown, jewelry, shoes, veil, men's tuxs, bridesmaids dresses, flower girl dress and... Read More much more all in one place makes the planning process so much more stress free and enjoyable! I even got some super cute gifts for my bridal party and some adorable outfits for my honeymoon here! What are you waiting for?! Make an appointment today I promise you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Melissa Q

I cannot say enough good things about the gowns and the ladies at Stephanie's Bridal. We had a great experience there shopping for my bridal gown. And was so sweet and helpful when we were choosing my gown. Stephanie was so kind and helpful every time I went it. She was always... Read More going above and beyond to make sure that I was having a great experience. Elsa did my alterations and she was hilarious as well as talented. My gown fit me perfectly! I would recommend Stephanie's Bridal to anyone looking for the perfect gown and experience. They have tons of beautiful gowns to choose from including many designers who were my absolute favorites when first trying to narrow down my options. I went with a Sottero and Midgley gown that was beautiful on our wedding day. The girls at Stephanie's were supportive in so many ways while I was preparing for the wedding. I cannot say enough nice things about how great my experience was at Stephanie's. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016

Andy was such a sweetheart and made me and my fiancé feel so comfortable dress shopping. We came in today from out of town hoping to find "the one" off the rack! Andy took our vision and matched it to a T!! We went home with the perfect destination wedding dress and can't wait... Read More to wear it in Mexio! Thank you Andy!!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Kristin F

I don't have enough words to summarize how exceptional my experience was at Stephanie's Bridal Boutique. Difficult as it has been planning a wedding remotely, I was anxious to try on dresses without anyone by my side to help. Luckily, Stephanie and her team of experts were quick... Read More to put my mind at ease and took the time to make sure I was comfortable throughout my appointment and helped me find the perfect dress. Unsure of what I wanted initially, the team helped me sort through several options, ultimately picking a dress that I never would have dreamed of had it not been for their attention to detail and eye for the right fit. I can't imagine a more incredible experience with a better group of people. A big thank you to Stephanie and her team for making our special day even better.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016

Wow, I love this place! Let me start by saying I'm from Michigan, and my sister lives in Kansas, so a friend and I traveled to KC to help her pick out a wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses. We booked appointments at four locations, with four different price levels, and very... Read More different selections, and this place excelled in every way. My friend and I have both worked in the bridal industry (she in a bridal gown salon, I in cosmetics) so we have a great feel for what's important, and also want that balance of service with just a touch of "I'll let you know when I need you to help me" and they were great at feeling us out and giving us just the right level of help without hovering. What really sets this place apart is the beautiful selection at completely reasonable price points. I don't think there was a dress in there priced over $1200, but there were so many unique, beautifully-made gowns that you would normally only find in an expensive boutique. We spoke at length with both the owner and several employees and learned that much of the purchasing is split between the owner and another long-term employee, each with very different personal styles, and this really shows. You see a great balance of beautiful, feminine, classic designs and some with just enough of an "edge" to be different. There was no other place in KC that had this selection at this affordable price point. And again, the quality looked and felt wonderful, not like the cheap feeling dresses you can find at that "chain" bridal store. The service was fantastic, the setting beautiful and comfortable, and the people friendly, honest, and real. I really can't say enough great things about this place. We ended up purchasing my sister's gown and 8 bridesmaid dresses and couldn't be happier about our selection. They really made what could have been a stressful purchase a joy.

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Madelyn R

This boutique went above and beyond. My initial meeting was with Becky who blew me away! She was very personable and really listened to me. I went ahead and had Elsa do my alterations and OH MY GOSH, she was amazing!! She made me feel so good about my body and my gown. She was... Read More more than I could've ever ask for. She was quick, funny, and so talented! I recommend this bridal boutique to all brides. It was one of my favorite experiences of the whole wedding process! Thank you Stephanie's Bridal, you guys were awesome :)

Stephanie

Leading up to our purchase of the Boutique, I had stayed at home with our kids and loved every minute of it and being there for them, but this is something I didn’t know I was missing. Having a house of boys, it was my opportunity to finally have all things pretty, decorate girly, go to market and be able to kind of hone all my shopping into a career. My closest friend, Andi, has been with me since the beginning ~ For years leading up to our purchase I had really only dreamt of starting my own Bridal Boutique, so when we began to get girls in their ideal gown, it was a dream come true.