Stephen Ludwig Photography

all the Hawaiian Islands

Through our lens we tell your story.

Contemporary island photography is our specialty. Let us at Stephen Ludwig Wedding Photography help you capture the memories and excitement of your wedding day with our photojournalistic style and friendly fresh approach.

Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement

Online Proofing

P.O. Box 10734, Honolulu, HI all the Hawaiian Islands (808) 234-8326

No one compares!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 monique w

Stephen was amazing. The photos are absolutely incredible. No wedding photography that I have seen even comes close. He was so easy to work with, he went above and beyond expectations and has such an amazing eye for detail. We can not thank him enough for his services!

2 Oct 2013 - Wedding Package 2 (4 hours)

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 adam t

We have yet to receive our photos as the wedding was only a few weeks ago but we are so pleased that we went with Stephen! He was extremely friendly, helpful and attentive during the planning process with his prompt responses and kind suggestions on how to proceed when we came... Read More up with questions or inquiries. He was also incredibly professional when shooting for us and we could really see that he has a passion for what he does which is great because it made everything seem so fun and enjoyable. We really liked how Stephen would think on the fly and incorporate various things that he would notice on-site. For example, he noticed that we had little plush pigs that we had our guests sign for us and so he suggested we take several pictures with the pigs. Stephen also picked up on some of the more interesting cultural decor / permanent fixtures there were at the venue and had us strike a pose or two nearby to make for interesting and candid shots. All of our guests praised Stephen for how great he was and we even noticed that he stayed beyond the four hours that we had contracted him for so that was really nice of him! In addition, he kindly offered to expedite the setting up of a mini gallery for us so that we could print out a few shots for inclusion in our thank yous which was a very nice touch. We are so glad we went Stephen and are confident that he successfully and beautifully captured our special day. We would 100% recommend Stephen.

Consistancy is the Key

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Kalona O

Stephen and I have been working together for about 8 years. He has always provided outstanding images and can change his style to accommodate any request and to fit any wedding theme. One of my client's had a vintage style wedding. Stephen used different photo shop... Read More techniques to give that vintage look to some of her photos. The bride was very impressed as she is a photographer herself. You have to always ask the questions. You can never see everything that a talented photographer/artist can do on one website. Stephen has a very calm and fun personality and can get along with anyone. There is nothing worse then attitude on a wedding day! Consistency is very important as a professional photographer and Stephen has never dissapointed anyone, ever. I can promise all of my clients that their photos will be amazing and Stephen will go above and beyond to get everything he sees that needs to be photographed. I am proud to be able to write this review because the success of the vendors I use as a wedding coordinator makes my own business successful. See you on the next one Stephen!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Kat R

We are so glad that we booked Stephen for our wedding photography. When we stumbled across his photos and website, we immediately loved his style, and how vibrant lively his photos are – the photos seem to jump off the screen! We love that his work really captures the beauty,... Read More joy, and simplicity, and character of Hawaii. Communication with Stephen was, and continues to be a smooth and seamless process. He is super punctual in replying to emails, phone calls, and even text messages. When he’s in a slam or is busy, he takes the time to tell you just that…so that you’re not left wondering why the lag in response time. Leading up to the wedding day, Stephen was instrumental in helping to come up with ideas for shooting locations and finalizing a timeline for our wedding day that would make things run smoothly. We felt at ease with Stephen right of the bat and felt he was a great fit for our personalities. Stephen has a laid back demeanor, and was cool, calm, and collected the entire day of the wedding. It was important to us that we hired a photographer that we were 100% comfortable being around…I mean, this person basically follows you around for 10 hours and takes pictures of you – you’d better like them! When shooting, Stephen was present enough to give his input on shots while still allowing us to do our thing, as he captured our day through his lens. The morning of our wedding, Stephen arrived earlier than his contracted time just so that he could get some shots of the groom who was getting ready in a different hotel. It was such a kind gesture, and one we greatly appreciated! Stephen was so great working with and sticking to the timeline we created, and made sure to get us down to the beach for the sunset photos that were so important to the groom. Stephen is not afraid to “work” for a shot or to get dirty – he literally rolled around in the wet sand and stood out in the rain with us to get some of our shots. Throughout the night, Stephen asked us if there was anything else we wanted captured, or any special shots we wanted before he left so that we wouldn’t miss out on any photo ops. We have not received our photos yet, as our wedding was only a couple of weeks ago, but we are so excited to see them and to relive our day. MAHALO STEPHEN!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Chelsie O

Stephen is great! From our first consultation he has been so helpful, professional, personable, and extremely flexible with all of our requests. It's great to hire someone with so much experience-there's really nothing extra to worry about.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Howard Z

Incredibly talented and wonderful to work with. While my wife is quite photogenic, I know that I'm rather camera shy. I don't think that's uncommon for many grooms, but Stephen is so gifted at getting people into their comfort zone. As we were deciding on a photographer, my... Read More wife and I wanted someone who was gifted at creating beautiful portraits with vivid colors but also captured our fun, free-spirited personality. The vibrant colors in his pictures really popped in so many of his shots. From a logistical point of view, Stephen spent an entire afternoon and part of an evening doing an engagement photo shoot in multiple locations. On the day of the wedding, Stephen and his crew worked seamlessly with other vendors and were very professional. All in all, I would recommend Stephen to anyone looking for a photographer who can make the bride and groom shine on the day of their wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Nicole H

Super professional awesome guy. He was very flexible and maximized the time for photos with the time we booked for. He did his best to fit a bunch of shots in the time we had available. Really understanding with my ring bearer who was super shy and just wanted to play around.... Read More He got the shots and did them early in the photo line up so my nephew could go and play. I really loved him as our photographer, totally money worth spent.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Ti B

Stephen is an amazing photographer and so great to work with. It is very clear to see how passionate and professional he is in his craft-- his energy and style in capturing priceless moments, memories and details is beyond compare. Definitely looking forward to working with him... Read More soon, he truly is the best!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Mistee U

Amazing, beautiful work! Friendly and very talented team-- stunning photography and wonderful memories captured for such a special day!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 ST H

Review for Wedding on 8/13/16 Stephen is seriously the BEST! The whole process of coordinating a time to meet etc was flawless and made this part of wedding planning so enjoyable. We even received our photos when he said we could expect them to be sent to us. We loved working... Read More with him because he is super easy going and made us feel comfortable during the shoot. It was my first time being professionally photographed so I was very nervous but his personality and energy made me feel at ease and made our photos look natural. He is very good at directing you and is also open to letting you get silly with ur partner :) to capture your personalities in the photographs. He goes above and beyond for the client to ensure they get the shots they want. We absolutely love our photos.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jake H

It was awesome having Stephen shoot our engagement pics! I'm no model, but he made us feel relaxed and it ended up being a lot of fun. You can tell that he knows what works as he has certain go-to poses, and he's also willing to try new ideas, too. If you're going to trust... Read More someone to capture your important moments, Stephen is the guy.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jazmarie O

Stephen is a wonderful, passionate, and patient photographer. He was so easy to work with and he went above and beyond. He captured every little detail and moment of our wedding from the decor, to my uncle's band, and my Hawaiian Wedding dance. Most importantly, he captured all... Read More our guests and of us :) . We couldn't afford to rent a photo booth so we did a DIY and had guests use selfie sticks. Stephen went ahead and took pictures of our guests posing in out DIY photo booth. When we got our pictures, we were completely amazed and satisfied with the work he's done. There were a lot of candid photos which was just what I wanted. He also sent us a usb that came in a beautiful, natural wooden box. I would definitely recommend him as a wedding and family photographer!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Stephanie L

Stephen was AMAZING! You can tell he is passionate about his job, and that he will make sure you are happy and have every shot that you want/need before he goes home! Our whole wedding was running late due to an issue with the shuttle buses, which pushed everything back by... Read More about an hour - we were worried that would cut into the time we had booked him for. Stephen was genuinely kind and accommodating and stayed back to ensure we got all the important moments captured on film. Due to weather, we were unable to do our sunset photos, so he compensated by doing some other fun things with us. Stephen was busy working all night and while he blended in well with the crowd, he was always taking photos! His diligence, hard work and customer service was impeccable and we are so happy we made the right decision in hiring him for our wedding day! The photos are amazing! Thank you so much for being part of our big day!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Jing C

We appreciate stephen's expertise. We like the photos a lot. He is a professional, patient, and very easy going person. Definitely satisfied with his work.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Adam B

We hired Stephen Ludwig Photography for our Hawaii wedding celebration. The service and product far exceeded our expectations. We are thrilled with the results and recommend this company without reservation. You will not be disappointed with this company and its personal touch.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Casey T

Stephen and his wife Litton are amazing! We first hired Stephen to do our engagement pictures. At first it was weird having someone take your picture like that, but after a few minutes he made it so easy and comfortable it was like we were naturals. A month later we got back... Read More our photos and they were spectacular. He really got some amazing shots and the lighting was beautiful. My husband and I didn't have to think very hard and decided to hire him to do our wedding. He kept in constant contact even though I hired him almost a year from the date. The day of he showed up on the hour and not once was he in the way, a bunch of tired women cramped in a small hotel room you could only imagine. He did an amazing job and was constantly behind that camera. It was like he was never there, I had to keep looking around to make sure he was taking pictures and sure enough he was. My brother-in-law took way too long for his best man speech and Stephen and his wife even offered to stay a little over time to get some extra shots of the bridal group if I wanted to. I really appreciated that. A few months later we got back our photos and I cried all over again. He took pictures of things I didn't even notice at the wedding. I'm so thankful and so grateful to have found Stephen. His photos help relieve such an amazing moment in my life and I'm forever thankful! You won't be disappointed with his service! We are definitely looking to him to take our family photos (holiday cards, etc.). Thank you Stephen and Litton for sharing our special day with me and my family and for catching those amazing moments we missed.

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 sakiko

I fell in love with his amazingly beautiful photos on his website and I couldn't think of anyone else but him as our wedding photographer! He is such a talented photographer and all the pictured he edited turned out to be so fantastic!I cannot thank you enough! I would... Read More strongly recommend Stephen!! Thank you so much for your great work...!

Best Hawaii Photographer

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Lillian M

We had a very large wedding of almost 200 people and my guests were very impressed with Stephen and his assistant as much as we were/are. They went around getting pictures of different groups and were very nice and friendly throughout the day. There were pictures of people... Read More goofing around and having fun and other things that we didn't know were happening at our wedding but was a nice surprise to see in our photo gallery. As for me and my husband we are a little bit awkward in general and weren't sure how we would do with posing and smiling but Stephen was really easy to work with and he put us at ease. He managed to make the two of us look good which makes him the best photographer ever. We really appreciate all the hard work that he put into photographing and editing our photos and we look forward to working with him in the future as we expand our family.

Unforgettable Memories

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Everst S

We were honored to have Stepen as our photographer. There are so many to choose from these days and we met with a handful of photographers but meeting him in person we knew right away that he was the perfect fit for our wedding. Our wedding brought a lot of our family members... Read More together for a long overdue reunion. We wanted someone who would be great with candids and all the little details. It was the best day of our lives and his photos are absolutely amazing. We really appreciate his guidance throughtout the day and making it a wonderful experience. Now we have amazing photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives!

Reviewed on 7/12/2015

We just received our wedding photos from Stephen and couldn't be happier! We chose him to be our photographer because of his simple, bright, colorful style and that is exactly what he delivered. The photos are clean, capture the beauty of HI, and are above and beyond our... Read More expectations! He took a variety of photos and poses to really give us lots of options, which is important since our ceremony was very small (just us and our parents) so it's good that all of the photos of only 6 people don't look the same. He was also very easygoing and we enjoyed him being a part of our big day. I would highly recommend Stephen for any of your Hawaii photography needs - he is just absolutely wonderful!

More than a photograph

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Anna H

If I could give more than 5 stars I would, Stephen is absolutely amazing! We looked at many photographers but found that after looking at 3-4 sample weddings that all of the pictures started to look the same. We were looking for something different, something artistic, filled... Read More with color and life and energy and that is just what Stephen gave us! He was so open to our ideas and really took them on board, we even brought along our surfboards for a few shots! Looking at Stephen’s sample weddings I could tell right away that no two weddings were the same each was unique to the couple and this was so important to us. We were overseas at the time we were planning our wedding and even over Skype Stephen made us feel really comfortable and it was so easy to talk to him and share our ideas. On the day of our wedding it was such a pleasure to work with him, he was so positive and kind and genuinely seemed excited for us and that we weren’t just another wedding. He captured everything we were hoping for and so much more! Our photos turned out fabulous and the fine art images even more amazing. We received them as agreed upon and on time and Stephen was always very responsive with our questions. Three years later after our wedding we still love our photos and couldn’t be happier with the experience!

So happy we chose Stephen!

Reviewed on 2/28/2015

Stephen was our photographer for our Kauai wedding. He was a pleasure to work with, very professional and helped us every step of the way from the planning right through to the big day. For people who don't usually like being in front of the camera, he made us feel very... Read More comfortable! He listened to what we wanted and also suggested creative poses and locations. Our pictures turned out amazing and we are so happy to have them! I would highly recommend Stephen as a wedding photographer!

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 2/15/2015 Meagan B

I spent months deciding on a wedding photographer and couldn't be happier with our decision! The images were gorgeous and time was clearly put into them. True art! It was pricey but only in relation to having a wedding on the mainland.

Quality and value

Reviewed on 2/08/2015

We hired Stephen to capture all the moments on our big day in Kauai and would highly recommend him to other couples. We were so impressed with how professional, patient and personable Stephen was. The quality and value for money was outstanding, as was his customer service... Read More leading up to and after our big day. Looking back on our photos, we are so glad we had Stephen there capturing all of the special moments, especially those that were missed during all of the hype.

Outstanding Photographer

Reviewed on 1/26/2015 Tiffani R

When we decided to have destination wedding in Maui, HI, my rigorous research began. I searched and researched several photographers in Maui, but I didnt feel like any of them really captured what I had in mind. Our wedding pictures were important to us, especially since we were... Read More having a destination wedding and our photos would really be all we could share with guests that could not attend. I expanded my photography search to all of Hawaii and I knew instantly when I came across Stephen Ludwig's website that I wanted him as our photographer. I reached out to him and communicated mostly via email, and he was always professional and responsive. Closer to the wedding I sent him some of my own Pinterest inspired request and he welcomed them. On the day of the wedding, he went above and beyond, he made the best use of the 3 hours we budgeted for his services. His natural art for photography was very apparent the day of the wedding and I knew then that our pictures would turn out great. When we were able to view our pictures on the online gallery, we were blown away by how great they were. We definitely recommend his services and would use him again in the future.

Start a Conversation!