Stephen Ludwig Photography

all the Hawaiian Islands

Through our lens we tell your story.

Contemporary island photography is our specialty. Let us at Stephen Ludwig Wedding Photography help you capture the memories and excitement of your wedding day with our photojournalistic style and friendly fresh approach.

Documentary, Lifestyle

Online Proofing

P.O. Box 10734, Honolulu, HI
all the Hawaiian Islands

No one compares!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 monique w

Stephen was amazing. The photos are absolutely incredible. No wedding photography that I have seen even comes close. He was so easy to work with, he went above and beyond expectations and has such an amazing eye for detail. We can not thank him enough for his services!

2 Oct 2013 - Wedding Package 2 (4 hours)

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 adam t

We have yet to receive our photos as the wedding was only a few weeks ago but we are so pleased that we went with Stephen! He was extremely friendly, helpful and attentive during the planning process with his prompt responses and kind suggestions on how to proceed when we came... Read More up with questions or inquiries. He was also incredibly professional when shooting for us and we could really see that he has a passion for what he does which is great because it made everything seem so fun and enjoyable. We really liked how Stephen would think on the fly and incorporate various things that he would notice on-site. For example, he noticed that we had little plush pigs that we had our guests sign for us and so he suggested we take several pictures with the pigs. Stephen also picked up on some of the more interesting cultural decor / permanent fixtures there were at the venue and had us strike a pose or two nearby to make for interesting and candid shots. All of our guests praised Stephen for how great he was and we even noticed that he stayed beyond the four hours that we had contracted him for so that was really nice of him! In addition, he kindly offered to expedite the setting up of a mini gallery for us so that we could print out a few shots for inclusion in our thank yous which was a very nice touch. We are so glad we went Stephen and are confident that he successfully and beautifully captured our special day. We would 100% recommend Stephen.

Consistancy is the Key

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Kalona O

Stephen and I have been working together for about 8 years. He has always provided outstanding images and can change his style to accommodate any request and to fit any wedding theme. One of my client's had a vintage style wedding. Stephen used different photo shop... Read More techniques to give that vintage look to some of her photos. The bride was very impressed as she is a photographer herself. You have to always ask the questions. You can never see everything that a talented photographer/artist can do on one website. Stephen has a very calm and fun personality and can get along with anyone. There is nothing worse then attitude on a wedding day! Consistency is very important as a professional photographer and Stephen has never dissapointed anyone, ever. I can promise all of my clients that their photos will be amazing and Stephen will go above and beyond to get everything he sees that needs to be photographed. I am proud to be able to write this review because the success of the vendors I use as a wedding coordinator makes my own business successful. See you on the next one Stephen!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Casey T

Stephen and his wife Litton are amazing! We first hired Stephen to do our engagement pictures. At first it was weird having someone take your picture like that, but after a few minutes he made it so easy and comfortable it was like we were naturals. A month later we got back... Read More our photos and they were spectacular. He really got some amazing shots and the lighting was beautiful. My husband and I didn't have to think very hard and decided to hire him to do our wedding. He kept in constant contact even though I hired him almost a year from the date. The day of he showed up on the hour and not once was he in the way, a bunch of tired women cramped in a small hotel room you could only imagine. He did an amazing job and was constantly behind that camera. It was like he was never there, I had to keep looking around to make sure he was taking pictures and sure enough he was. My brother-in-law took way too long for his best man speech and Stephen and his wife even offered to stay a little over time to get some extra shots of the bridal group if I wanted to. I really appreciated that. A few months later we got back our photos and I cried all over again. He took pictures of things I didn't even notice at the wedding. I'm so thankful and so grateful to have found Stephen. His photos help relieve such an amazing moment in my life and I'm forever thankful! You won't be disappointed with his service! We are definitely looking to him to take our family photos (holiday cards, etc.). Thank you Stephen and Litton for sharing our special day with me and my family and for catching those amazing moments we missed.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 sakiko

I fell in love with his amazingly beautiful photos on his website and I couldn't think of anyone else but him as our wedding photographer! He is such a talented photographer and all the pictured he edited turned out to be so fantastic!I cannot thank you enough! I would... Read More strongly recommend Stephen!! Thank you so much for your great work...!

Best Hawaii Photographer

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Lillian M

We had a very large wedding of almost 200 people and my guests were very impressed with Stephen and his assistant as much as we were/are. They went around getting pictures of different groups and were very nice and friendly throughout the day. There were pictures of people... Read More goofing around and having fun and other things that we didn't know were happening at our wedding but was a nice surprise to see in our photo gallery. As for me and my husband we are a little bit awkward in general and weren't sure how we would do with posing and smiling but Stephen was really easy to work with and he put us at ease. He managed to make the two of us look good which makes him the best photographer ever. We really appreciate all the hard work that he put into photographing and editing our photos and we look forward to working with him in the future as we expand our family.

Unforgettable Memories

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Everst S

We were honored to have Stepen as our photographer. There are so many to choose from these days and we met with a handful of photographers but meeting him in person we knew right away that he was the perfect fit for our wedding. Our wedding brought a lot of our family members... Read More together for a long overdue reunion. We wanted someone who would be great with candids and all the little details. It was the best day of our lives and his photos are absolutely amazing. We really appreciate his guidance throughtout the day and making it a wonderful experience. Now we have amazing photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives!

Reviewed on 7/12/2015

We just received our wedding photos from Stephen and couldn't be happier! We chose him to be our photographer because of his simple, bright, colorful style and that is exactly what he delivered. The photos are clean, capture the beauty of HI, and are above and beyond our... Read More expectations! He took a variety of photos and poses to really give us lots of options, which is important since our ceremony was very small (just us and our parents) so it's good that all of the photos of only 6 people don't look the same. He was also very easygoing and we enjoyed him being a part of our big day. I would highly recommend Stephen for any of your Hawaii photography needs - he is just absolutely wonderful!

More than a photograph

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Anna H

If I could give more than 5 stars I would, Stephen is absolutely amazing! We looked at many photographers but found that after looking at 3-4 sample weddings that all of the pictures started to look the same. We were looking for something different, something artistic, filled... Read More with color and life and energy and that is just what Stephen gave us! He was so open to our ideas and really took them on board, we even brought along our surfboards for a few shots! Looking at Stephen’s sample weddings I could tell right away that no two weddings were the same each was unique to the couple and this was so important to us. We were overseas at the time we were planning our wedding and even over Skype Stephen made us feel really comfortable and it was so easy to talk to him and share our ideas. On the day of our wedding it was such a pleasure to work with him, he was so positive and kind and genuinely seemed excited for us and that we weren’t just another wedding. He captured everything we were hoping for and so much more! Our photos turned out fabulous and the fine art images even more amazing. We received them as agreed upon and on time and Stephen was always very responsive with our questions. Three years later after our wedding we still love our photos and couldn’t be happier with the experience!

So happy we chose Stephen!

Reviewed on 2/28/2015

Stephen was our photographer for our Kauai wedding. He was a pleasure to work with, very professional and helped us every step of the way from the planning right through to the big day. For people who don't usually like being in front of the camera, he made us feel very... Read More comfortable! He listened to what we wanted and also suggested creative poses and locations. Our pictures turned out amazing and we are so happy to have them! I would highly recommend Stephen as a wedding photographer!

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 2/15/2015 Meagan B

I spent months deciding on a wedding photographer and couldn't be happier with our decision! The images were gorgeous and time was clearly put into them. True art! It was pricey but only in relation to having a wedding on the mainland.

Quality and value

Reviewed on 2/08/2015

We hired Stephen to capture all the moments on our big day in Kauai and would highly recommend him to other couples. We were so impressed with how professional, patient and personable Stephen was. The quality and value for money was outstanding, as was his customer service... Read More leading up to and after our big day. Looking back on our photos, we are so glad we had Stephen there capturing all of the special moments, especially those that were missed during all of the hype.

Outstanding Photographer

Reviewed on 1/26/2015 Tiffani R

When we decided to have destination wedding in Maui, HI, my rigorous research began. I searched and researched several photographers in Maui, but I didnt feel like any of them really captured what I had in mind. Our wedding pictures were important to us, especially since we were... Read More having a destination wedding and our photos would really be all we could share with guests that could not attend. I expanded my photography search to all of Hawaii and I knew instantly when I came across Stephen Ludwig's website that I wanted him as our photographer. I reached out to him and communicated mostly via email, and he was always professional and responsive. Closer to the wedding I sent him some of my own Pinterest inspired request and he welcomed them. On the day of the wedding, he went above and beyond, he made the best use of the 3 hours we budgeted for his services. His natural art for photography was very apparent the day of the wedding and I knew then that our pictures would turn out great. When we were able to view our pictures on the online gallery, we were blown away by how great they were. We definitely recommend his services and would use him again in the future.

Best Photographer!

Reviewed on 12/03/2014

From the moment I met Stephen he was so easy to work with. He was happy to work with our ideas. He has the most extraordinary eye for detail. We had an engagement shoot as well as having himself and Litton, his assistant, as our wedding photographers. They really were... Read More incredible. The photos turned out better than we could have hoped. We consistently get compliments on our photos. They really went above and beyond our expectations and we can not thank them enough. We would recommend him to anyone with 100% confidence. After all the excitement of the wedding has passed you are just left with the photographs and memories and the moments Stephen captured make us feel like we are reliving our wedding day. Thank you Stephen and Litton!

The best photographer ever

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Nicole C

I was planning my maui wedding from where I live in California. I did not have an opportunity to see the venue or meet the photographer before my wedding so I will admit I was a bit nervous. I was so impressed with Stephens professional attitude. At the wedding he made my... Read More husband and I so relaxed. We also had plenty of time to enjoy the wedding rather than feeling like we were taking pictures the whole time. He definitely made it a lot more fun. He was also very creative with the photos he took we have a variety of backgrounds, poses and many pictures of everyone. Somehow he managed to be everywhere all at once. If you are looking for a photographer I would highly recommend Stephen Ludwig.

Talented Photographer

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Heather m

Stephen was one of the only photographers that I found that utilizes the landscape and architecture with the brilliance of bright light. In the midst of romantic ethereal photography, Stephen was a breath of fresh air and creativity. While his photos speak for themselves, upon... Read More meeting Stephen, my husband and I got along like we had all known each other for years. Prompt with email and phone calls and happy to meet pre-wedding for a photo wish list review. Stephen and his assistant were prompt, professional, friendly and courteous to all of our guests and seemed to fit right in with the party. I highly recommend Stephen for your e-sesh or wedding!

Our Special Day!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014

Fantastic wedding ceremony on the beach at Kahala Resort! What a location and everything was perfect. The palm trees in our wedding photos will remind us of that special wedding day in Hawaii forever. Stephen is very professional and knows how to bring out the best in his... Read More clients for wedding photos. He even hooked us up with a Hawaiian officiant to perform the ceremony and chant Hawaiian and a musician to play music. We couldn't be happier with our Wedding Photos, they will give us a lifetime of memories. Thanks again to Stephen and his wonderful staff. Aloha Nittaya

Stephen Ludwig

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

Stephen did an amazing job capturing our wedding with stunning pictures! His patience and ability to make anyone feel at ease was one of a kind. When we return to Hawaii for our anniversary, we will surely be contacting him again for additional pictures.

Exquisite photos, excellent service

Reviewed on 10/09/2014

Stephen was our photographer when we married the first time seven years ago. We loved his work so much the first time we are hiring him again for renewing our vows this year! From our first communication he was responsive, professional, and provided a thorough explanation of the... Read More services he provides. He delivered exactly what he promised and we expect he will do the same this time around! Stephen's presence during our wedding was lighthearted and energetic. He was gracious with our families and friends. I was amazed by the detail he seemed attentive to while photographing from every possible location and angle during the wedding. When we received the photos it was evident that he DID see every detail. He captured even the most mundane details as moments of great beauty and meaning in the story of our special day. The photos were exquisite. We can't wait to see those he will share with us this time!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 geoff l

Working with Stephen was great! Not only is his work amazing, he's super easy to work with and just a pleasure to be around. I knew when I sent him an email he would respond quickly and take the time to make sure all my questions were answered. I really appreciated that shortly... Read More after our wedding he sent a link to a website where we were able to view/download our photos. The site was very user friendly and it was a great way to share our engagement and wedding photos with family and friends. I would highly recommend using Stephen Ludwig as your photographers!

Amazing to work with!!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2014

Stephen was awesome :) Me and my husband don't normally spend so much time in front of the camera, but the 4 hours on the day of the wedding and 2 1/2 hours the day after photo shoot sped by super quickly. He made us feel comfortable and assured us that we were doing great!... Read More I was even more blown away when I received all of the pictures. It was obvious that he spent a lot of time editing. I am ecstatic about how well they all came out, I get to relive that day over and over again :D I highly recommend Stephen Ludwig to capture snapshots of your special day.

Wonderful photographer

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Mia H

We got married in Maui in 2009 and were thrilled with Stephen. Our pictures were amazing and he was great to work with. We're going back to Hawaii for our 5 year anniversary and he's planning to shoot our family photos. I'm excited to work with him again. Mia

Stephen Ludwig - Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 7/16/2014

Stephen is a nice guy, with great services. He is the best photographer that I have even used, so the quality of photos is fantastic. Compared with the price, it is a good deal, very high return with reasonable price. Stephen is an art driven guy. He loves photo shooting and... Read More makes it as his career. He has great talent on that. The best photos only come out with the connection between souls of clients and photographers. He works always with his heart. His delivered photos to clients are pure art from heart. That is why I like Stephen. Thank Stephen for taking engagement photos for us. I would like to highly recommend him to other new couples. Hopefully, I would be back to Hawaii again in the future, so I can take more photos with Stephen for my family. Ricky

Picture Perfect Hawaii Engagement Pictures!

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Tasha S

We wanted to take engagement pictures when we were in Hawaii but we were crunch on time since we were going to be there for a short time. We went through tons of websites and reviews on the plane and had only that to relay on which can be stressful since we didn't have time to... Read More interview any of them in person. When we got there we narrowed it down to a few photographers and when it came time to choose the one. We really loved Stephen Ludwig's pictures the best and his professionalism. He was very laid back from the start and put us at ease during the entire photo shoot. We completely trusted the pictures would turn out great at the end and it did! He was so accommodating with our turn a round time knowing that we needed them sooner. We really enjoyed working with Stephen and recommend him!

Amazing photos from an amazing photographer

Reviewed on 6/26/2014

To put it simply I love my wedding photos. I was trying to choose photos to print and had a hard time because I LOVE THEM ALL which led me to leave this review. It means a lot when I look at my photos from my wedding a year ago and it brings a smile to my face and tears to my... Read More eyes. Stephen captured everything perfectly and timelessly. More importantly he was very friendly, professional and easy to work with. I recommend him to all of my friends who are getting married and I would hire him again for an anniversary shoot or family shoot or anything other photo shoots that I may need in life.