Complete the Fairytale

Steeped in the history of its surroundings, Stokesay Castle has been restored to its former glory where impeccable attention to detail and personalized service are an everyday affair. From the pictorial Wedding Garden to the Royal Ballroom, your wedding day will be a regal event.

Ballroom, Garden, Castle, Library, Historic Venue

141 Stokesay Castle Ln, Reading, PA

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Deanna F

Truly a perfect experience. The staff was so helpful and friendly - particularly Emily Kurz, who is the Wedding Coordinator. She went completely above and beyond to make our wedding the perfect day. She was exceptionally organized and did an amazing job with our decorations. Not... Read More to mention that she is so friendly and basically one of the nicest people you could meet. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was. Many of them said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. It was the perfect combination of time spent outdoors and indoors. My bridal party and I got ready (hair, makeup, and dress) in the bridal suite and it was perfect. There was a very friendly server bringing us mimosas and snacks all morning as we prepped. My husband and his groomsmen rented the Board room, and he said it was equally awesome. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

2016-08-06T10:59:12 Response from the vendor

I would like to personally thank you for this review. I am not sure if you would like me to post your names, but please know that I know exactly who you are and I was equally delighted to work with you and your families... Read Less Read More

Absolutely the BEST!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Andrea D

We just had our wedding reception at the castle & it was fantastic! The staff is great, especially the wedding coordinator. We ended up not having enough wedding favors (only short by 15)the day before our wedding and the wedding coordinator went out & purchased us the rest of... Read More our favors & made them look just as beautiful as our original favors. Everything I dreamt of for my reception was met & so much more. The staff made sure we ate the food & cake we picked out, as well as drinks. They were always making sure we were enjoying ourselves. My new husband & I both said that we would do the whole day all over again & not change a single thing. We LOVED everything about our reception at Stokesay Castle.

2016-04-29T11:37:39 Response from the vendor

Andrea, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your wedding at Stokesay Castle. It was my pleasure to help you out with your special day! As the Wedding Director, I have to plan for anything to happen- and although not having enough favors is considered... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Stephanie A

My fiance and I fell in love with Stokesay the first time we ate at The Knight's Pub. It is an amazing location and we loved going to the pub for dinner and drinks, and we were always intrigued by the ballroom and checked out the parties going on when we were there. When we got... Read More engaged, Stokesay was one of the top venues on our lists because we both thought it was perfect. When we toured the venue with Lauren, she was thorough, detailed, and really helped us create a visual in our minds of the perfect wedding. The date we wanted was available and we were pretty much sold at that point. Throughout the entire planning process, which was just under six months, Lauren and Stephanie were extremely helpful, thorough, accommodating, and responsive. It is apparent that they are experts at what they do: they shared wonderful ideas & suggestions and were very receptive to whatever thoughts we had throughout the process...and on top of that, they couldn't have been nicer. We were thrilled with using the venue for our rehearsal dinner, as well. It really set the tone for those people closest to us, and helped build the excitement even before the wedding day. Our wedding day was nothing short of perfect. As "cutesy" as that may sound, that is the only word that fits. The staff was so helpful and checked on us consistently to make sure everyone was doing okay and to see if we needed anything. They worked so well with all of the vendors, all of whom also had great things to say about Stokesay, too. We are really incredibly lucky that this beautiful venue was available for us on the day we had chosen. We wound up leaving some things at Stokesay accidentally and they followed up with us continuously to make sure that we were available to pick everything up - and when we got there, they took time to talk to us, connect with us, and hear our thoughts about our special day. We will absolutely go back to Stokesay for future celebrations and dinners and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Lauren R

I just got married at Stokesay Castle and it was an absolutely incredible day! I worked with their wedding coordinator, Lauren, for over a year and she put all of our concerns at ease and solved all of our problems from day one. On the day of, everything went off without a... Read More hitch. We got our hair and makeup done in the bridal suite upstairs and were immediately taken care of with champagne, coffee, fruit and cheese all morning. The boys were across the venue in the grooms suite enjoying some beer, scotch and snacks. We had an indoor ceremony that went perfectly, and was well coordinated by the staff. Afterwards we enjoyed our cocktail hour and dinner, and everything was delicious. Our cupcakes were incredible. We gave the pastry chef the loose instructions of "cherry blossoms" and he ran with it. Our cupcakes each featured branches and hand-painted cherry blossoms. They were so beautiful. We were so well taken care of and everything was perfect. I can't recommend this venue enough!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/25/2014 Micah W

Stokesay Castle is an absolute haven for a wedding/reception! With friendly staff and gorgeous grounds, it is the perfect place for wedding activities. A little on the higher side of our budget, but very good for smaller weddings!

Spectacular

Reviewed on 11/08/2013 Tracy K

Everything about this venue is spectacular. They really work with you and do whatever they can to make your day wonderful. The staff is very nice. They were easy and pleasant to work with. They took care of everything and the day of the wedding I had total confidence that... Read More everything was being done exactly how we wanted it.

AMAZING SERVICE!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Arianna S

I would highly recommend Stokesay Castle. The service was amazing, and they truly went above and beyond to make our day special.

fantastic

Reviewed on 2/09/2013 Randi G

The castle was absolutely amazing. they bent over backwards to make our day perfect. I've always heard horror stories about how brides and grooms end up not being able to eat on their big day but the people at stokesay made sure we ate. We even had our own personal server while... Read More doing photos bringing us hors'deavers and drinks. On top of everything the food was absolutely to die for. our Rennaisance themed wedding went off without a hitch.

Dream wedding

Reviewed on 12/26/2012 Crystal K

We held our wedding at Stokesay, and overall, it was a fantastic experience. First things first - the restaurant is beautiful. It's modeled after an actual castle in England, and does a very good job of simulating the experience. The d├ęcor, the giant carved knight, everything... Read More gives off a particular medieval, classy vibe that you can't help but enjoy. I'll get right down to the important part - the food. Stokesay has some of the best food you'll ever eat in a restaurant. During our planning phase we had the opportunity to try the majority of their menu items..literally every one of them was good. You can't go wrong - but the steaks were my choice, either the filet mignon or the shoulder filet. Both were excellent, as were all the sides that went with them. I can't possibly give more praise to the chefs. As far as the wedding goes - most everything went smoothly. Our wedding was the weekend after Hurricane Sandy - luckily, Stokesay had no issues and we were fully up and running. The event director, Stephanie Tusky, is a joy to work with. Very friendly and helpful, which is great during a time as stressful as wedding planning (with the added bonus of a hurricane tossed in). Our wedding coordinator changed in the midst of our planning process; this was not ideal. However, through coordination with Larissa and Stephanie, ultimately we were able to get all of the kinks worked out, and they were willing to be more flexible than normal thanks to the circumstances, which we certainly appreciated. All in all, Stokesay is a great place, whether you're looking for a fancy dinner, drinks at the Knights Pub, or a wedding venue. An easy five stars.

Wonderful Wedding at Stokesay!

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Kelly D

We had a FABULOUS experience planning and holding our wedding reception at Stokesay Castle. The food is delicious and the staff is fabulous. The staff at Stokesay does everything possible to make your day special. We had a pre-wedding tasting of our meals and signature... Read More drinks. We also were in frequent contact with the wedding coordinator, Larissa, who was extremely responsive and accomodating. The day ran very smoothly and everything was just as we expected. The guests had a wonderful time and we received so many compliments on the staff and setting of the reception. The castle itself is beautiful, with great locations for pictures. The reception ballroom was decorated just how we wanted and the staff was wonderful setting it all up. It was a super experience from start to finish. We felt so happy and at ease through the whole process. We are grateful to Stokesay for all they did for us!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Jesse S

We had our ceremony at stokesay and it was EXTREMELY affordable for such a beautiful location! We had so many compliments and even though there were a lot of staff changes over our engagement they were all very nice and accommodating!!

Dream come true!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Kimberly C

We chose to have our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception at Stokesay Castle, and we couldn't be happier with the outcome. We had three major priorities when choosing a wedding venue: impeccable service, delicious food and a beautiful setting that would look great in... Read More photos. Stokesay exceeded our expectations on all three counts. Larissa and Stephanie were extremely helpful and responsive throughout the planning process. They even went above and beyond, to help advocate for me when I was having trouble with a hotel in town where we had a block of rooms reserved. On the day of the wedding, I arrived with my bridal party at 11am and had a wonderful, care-free time until the reception ended at 10pm. They took care of all the set-up details, ensured that the day went according to schedule (coordinating with other vendors), and made sure there was always someone checking in with us and catering to our every need.Overall it was a fantastic experience and we would highly recommend Stokesay Castle to other couples!

Our Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 Stacey K

We are so pleased with our dream wedding experience in early September, 2012! The staff members provided superior service to our wedding party, family and guests. Everything was well coordinated and catered to our requests and needs. It had rained all morning and cleared up just... Read More in time for our ceremony. They did everything they could to provide us with the outdoor wedding we had hoped for. We are certain we made the right choice due to proximity for guests as well as atmosphere we were looking for. Highly recommend this beautiful and professional venue!

September Wedding

Reviewed on 9/23/2012 Jennifer F

Stokesay Castle was the PERFECT place for a wedding. I really can't say enough about how special our day was largely due to Stokesay. From the planning process to that very day, their coordinating staff is with you every step to answer questions, provide insight, and keep... Read More everyone up-to-date and on schedule. The staff really goes above and beyond what I could have imagined and always friendly. I felt very confident and prepared the day of thanks to Larissa and Stephanie that honestly the day of I was able to relax and enjoy the moment! Guests raved about how beautiful the venue is and the food from appetizer to entree was amazing. I really can't say enough good things. The day of the guy's have a really awesome room with a flat screen, beer, appetizers called the Board Room to get ready in. The girls have the Princess suite which is a spacious three room (includes own bathroom) suite that is perfect to relax in before ceremony time (if you get married on site). They kept the cheese, fruit, crackers, wine, champagne, and relaxation tea coming! We got married outside on a beautiful day but the inside option we would have been happy with, too. The bar is huge at the reception all and they make a really cool social area with high tops if you so choose. They let you design your own reception layout and are very flexible with table seating numbers which is really helpful when doing your charts. We even loved it there so much we had our rehearsal dinner in their wine cellar which holds 40 people. You really can't go wrong. If you want a beautiful, well kept venue, fun, friendly, awesome people, and great food you really won't be disappointed.

June Stokesay wedding

Reviewed on 7/18/2012 joycelynn r

Our wedding was perfect. WE had our ceremony outside and our reception in the ballroom. Larissa was so helpful the from begining to the end. She went above and beyond to make sure everything went well. The venue was absolutely beatiful and the food was great. The guest had such... Read More a great time, they rave about the location and the food. The princess suite was beautiful and great for pictures. Thank you Larissa for all your help :)

Review of Stokesay Castle

Reviewed on 6/07/2012 Gretchen H

I originally wanted a wedding in a castle, but being in Central PA, there aren't many around. We looked at this place, and it is VERY expensive. If we would have rented both their King and Queen Ballrooms together, and bought back in 2010, they basically automatically charge you... Read More $15,000. King's Ballroom by itself is $8,000, Queen's Ballroom is $7,000, so you can cut it down that way, but they separate the 2 with those folding room separators. So, the way they do it is you must buy the amount of food that is at least whatever the room you are renting is worth. So as an example, even if you only had to buy $8,000 worth of catering from them, they will charge you the difference of $7,000 to make up the $15,000. I don't think that included the money you spent on alcohol that night, but I could be wrong.

The Best Day Of My Life!

Reviewed on 6/02/2012 Rebecca M

Stokesay was the perfect place to get married! My husband and I had both our ceremony and reception here. Our ceremony was held in the wedding garden (outside). The scenery for pictures was amazing! Everything was absolutely perfect, neither of us could have asked for... Read More anything more. We booked this location a little over a year in advance, and the staff was excellent with keeping me up-to-date with deadlines, various choices, and accommodating us in any way they could. The food was divine...we had a hard time deciding on just two meal choices for guests. The bar menu was extensive, and the bar staff was more than accommodating when working with me to make a signature cocktail. Overall, this was the best day of our lives thus far, and being at Stokesay made it the dream wedding. TWO THUMBS UP!!

The Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 Jenna D

I would recommend Stokesay to any bride planning a wedding. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. It was better than I ever imagined it could be. The staff is on the ball very prompt in getting back to you with any questions you have. Everyone was extremely friendly and... Read More accomodating. Luis, Stephanie, and Larissa were instrumental in making our wedding day a success and ensuring that everything ran smoothly. This is the place to have your wedding in Reading! Everything is beautiful and the food is delicious. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the beautiful venue, staff, and amazing food. It was wonderful to get to know the staff prior to the wedding. Any time we went to the castle, everyone recognized us and greeted us with a smile. We also would like to extend a thank you to Josh, Melissa, and Nate from Stokesay castle all of their hard work on our special day.

CASTLE WEDDING

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Stephanie M

Beautiful place for a wedding inside or outside. The wedding garden was so gorgeous for our fall wedding. Our guest loved the food and cake very very delicious. The staff was great very helpful. Especially Laura,luis,and Jen. They made it a easy being a bride. Would definitely... Read More recommend to everyone.

a very special rehearsal dinner

Reviewed on 8/30/2011 Laura H

We used Stokesay Castle for our rehearsal dinner. For our small party we were downstairs in the wine cellar, which was beautiful and allowed for privacy. Mom and Dad were able to create a shortened menus with a special Congratulations message on top for everyone. The food was... Read More delicious and the service was great. I wish I hadn't been too nervous to really eat. It helped make the night before our wedding very special.

Wonderful!! A fairytale wedding!

Reviewed on 6/28/2011 lindsey k

Stokesay made my wedding absolutely perfect! They bent over backwards to accommodate anything we needed! Laura Taylor is the sweetest woman and was on top of the ball at all times! The castle is soo beautiful and I was able to do my ceremony, photos and reception all on site... Read More with a wonderful staff! Thank you So Much Stokesay Castle!!

Would absolutely recommend!

Reviewed on 6/24/2011 Krystal G

Worth every penny! Their event coordinator is wonderful and doubles as a day of coordinator and made sure everything ran smoothly. The food was awesome, and the staff was very helpful and made sure we were happy and comfortable all night.

Not such a winter wonderland

Reviewed on 1/05/2011 regina t

Up until the weekend of the wedding, everything seemed to be perfect with stokesay. I was extremely dissapointed in the wedding coordinator. My limo pulled up to the front door and she was there to greet us, with less then a smile! I was told by a waitress that I was not... Read More allowed to go up to the bridal suite at that moment becaus she was "still serving". The coordinator was supposed to be my "go to girl" for everything, however I could never find her. And when she was around, she seemed miserable. The wait staff was extremely unprofessional (fighting back and forth between each other in front of guests). My food was served to my husband and I (and we weren't even seated because he was helping me along with my mom to fix my veil and bustle, which the wedding coordinator should have been helping me with). Needless to say, our food ended up being cold. Although it was cold, the food was in fact DELICIOUS! I will give them that one round of applause. The chef is amazing. All around from coctail hour to dinner, everyone raved about the food. We were promised a particular drink to be on hand for my grandmother, and it wasn't there. It just seemed like everything that should have run so smoothly, went so wrong! We were extremely dissapointed. This is a beautiful venue with delicious food, with such unprofessional staff.

Queen for the year

Reviewed on 10/07/2010 Lucine S

Throughout the entire wedding process, I never had to ask for anything, and they provided me with everything I could have asked for! What a tremendous venue and team!

Simply Fabulous

Reviewed on 9/22/2010 Sarah E

I can't say enough good things about the Castle! From the beauty of the venue, to the food, and most especially the staff - this place is exquisite!!! In particular the staff is phenomenal. The sales director, Laura, and the manager, Luis, are genuinely nice people who want... Read More to make your day special. Not only were my husband and I treated with the utmost respect and sincerity, but every guest was as well. Many of my guest sought us out to let us know how great the staff was. We didn't lift a finger all day. They were extremely willing to accommodate any request we made. They are easy to work with from start to finish. They are true professionals. The food was so delicious! Every guest commented on the meal being the best they'd ever had at a wedding. There are so many choices at each price level, no matter what your budget. We had a small budget and never once did we feel like we got the 'cheap' package. We felt like a King and Queen at The Castle!!!