Dietary Options

Kosher

Cake Accessories, Cakes + Desserts

255 Village Pkwy, Marietta, GA (678) 402-8588

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

Good afternoon. Now, when my girlfriend first found this place she was amazed at the pictures on the website displaying what appeared to be an excellent interpretation of some very experienced baker's and cake designers. I mean when you take a look at some of the pictures you... Read More surely want to at least give them a call. My girlfriend did more than just call them, she decided to use there business and have them design me a cake that I would never forget and boy was she right. She brought them pictures of the UGA bulldog and other cakes which were created by other bakers. They were so confident when they told her they could surely make this cake look just like what she wanted. Well, the day it was picked up from the bakery (by her mother and aunt), a picture was sent to her. We were away at Chateau Elan enjoying the 1st part of my birthday. She was so disgusted by the image on the picture that she had to ruin my surprise and let me take a look. Now, I have seen some designs fall a little short, but this had to be one of the worst. The image was so far from looking like the UGA bulldog that it brought me to tears. It seriously looked like someone designed this with a blindfold on their eyes. When this was eventually viewed by some of my closet friends, let me just tell you the joke began. They said everything from the dog looked like it had cerebral palsy to downs syndrome. What made matters even worse, it taste as bad as it looked. The part of the cake that was suppose to be white was actual like cornbread brown and was just as dry. We tried to receive some type of compensation for this but were truly insulted with what they proposed. Never will they receive my business and no on from my company, and i work for one of the largest cable companies in america (which will remain nameless)

Reviewed on 3/19/2016 Danielle V

They were horrible! I tried to book a tasting and paid for 2 tasting cakes and showed up and nothing was ready and they had already made and thrown away the cakes I paid for. The date and time were clearly communicated by email but there was nothing ready. The place looked dirty... Read More and run down.

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Brooke W

I have been a Sugar Benders customer for many years. My family has enjoyed memorable cakes for birthdays and special occasions. I am always amazed at the level of detail and attention that goes into each cake design. Our orders have always been on time and exceeded our... Read More expectations.

Reviewed on 7/20/2015

IF YOU LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE US, DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS BAKERY!!!! My sisters and I ordered two cakes, not for a wedding, but for my Aunt's retirement party. We live out of town, so we chose them based on the pictures that were on their website. One of the cakes was going to be a... Read More chef' coat and the other cake was supposed to be a chef hat. When the cakes arrived the day of the party, The chef's coat was nice ( even though the monogram that was supposed to be included was misspelled) but the hat was HORRIBLE! We asked for a two tier cake and got a one tier cake that was leaned over to the side and completely not what was ordered. When my sister called to complain once the cake was delivered, Veronica, the non-professional so-called pastry chef, was very rude and uncooperative. She cut my sister off and just kept saying that they don't give refunds. My sister was trying to explain that the cake did not look like the pictures she sent to them and Veronica was not trying to hear her. Once we complained about the misspelled monogram, she had the delivery guy try to fix it WITH HIS BARE HANDS! We decided to keep the Chef's coat and, once we cut the cake, it was all crumbled on the inside and tasted like pure crap! I spoke to her and reminded her that the cake that she sent looked like she was on a ALCOHOL bender or some mojo when she made it, she agreed that we should send the cake back and work out the details the next day (since we were already at the party and guests had started to arrive). We told the delivery driver to take the cake back and he said that he would be right back and never came back. My aunt called Veronica the next morning to discuss the cake and was told that the bakery was busy and that she would receive a call from them the following Monday, which is today. My aunt never got a call, but her credit card was charged for the cake. Now we have to dispute the charge and throw away this play-doh project they called a cake that even a dog wouldn't eat.

Best Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Tiffany E

My (then future) mother-in-law helped my find Sugar Benders. She knew I was on a budget, and Veronica at Sugar Benders was just the fit. After a few glitches in email, and trouble getting in contact, we had a quick and easy cake tasting. I knew right away what we were going to... Read More order. We were able to take home a sample cake, to share with my parents and my fiancé. It's still the best cake I've ever had. The one small thing was that during the process, it seemed difficult to get in touch with Veronica, or her responses were very delayed. I work in the wedding industry, however, and completely understand how emails can just get away from you. If I had to do it all again, I would still use Veronica at Sugar Benders. She had the best cake, the best price, and FANTASTIC Chocolate chip cookies, which were a must have at the wedding for me and my husband. We will most definitely be going back for anniversary cakes.

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/13/2014

We used Sugar Benders in Marietta. We had a huge four tiered cake. Each layer was different and we asked Veronica to decorate our cake based on a picture in a magazine. The cake was absolutely beautiful and each layer was exactly as our daughter asked for. We asked her... Read More to top the cake with an old heirloom topper, so Veronica created a small cupcake size base for that to make everything symmetrical. There was not one piece of cake left! We had 168 guests for a cake that was to have 180 nice size pieces. The cake was so delicious the photographer took a picture of a guest scraping the empty base with a spoon to try and get the last crumbs. After a wedding you naturally get compliments, but rarely about the wedding cake. We had so many people say how much they loved this cake. It was reasonably priced and the delivery fee was only $35.00 - that is unheard of these days. My advice - run, don't walk to sugar benders for your wedding cake needs.

Revised Based on Followup from Owner!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Christine W

This is a revised review. We had a few logistical (delivery/timing), quality, and coordination (venue flow) issues with Sugar Benders for my daughter's 9/27/14 wedding. I had written a very pointed review because of the myriad of issues. However: When we finally connected,... Read More Veronica, the owner, was extremely professional and poised, never defensive or angry, and tried (I think successfully) to understand the issues/problems. She vowed to followup with the caterer regarding the quality problem perception and to try to do whatever was needed to right the situation. Though there were still glitches, which can't really be remedied (what's done is done) at this point, the owner's followup, professionalism, humility, and genuine concern for the bride, her family and guests, compels me to elevate her number of "stars!" What a difference good followup and a desire to correct, makes!

2014-10-13T07:17:03 Response from the vendor

We regret that this customer was dissatisfied. We received an email from the coordinator regarding the timing of the delivery and that there was something "mushy" in the cake. I asked to speak to someone and never heard back. We were not given an opportunity... Read Less Read More