Sugar Bowl Resort

(41)

Norden, CA

Capacity: Up to 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Picturesque Mountain Venue for Your Special Day

Nestled in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains near Lake Tahoe, Sugar Bowl's historic lodge serves up a unique setting where the resort can be yours for an unforgettable private wedding. Sugar Bowl is known for its picturesque setting, gourmet food, imaginative menus and beautiful presentations.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall, Hotel/Resort, Restaurant, Unusual/Alternative

P.O. Box 5, Norden, CA

Simply the best

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Meredith B

Can I give 10 stars!? Sugar Bowl was the perfect place for our wedding! We knew we wanted an outdoor location for the ceremony and the venue, and we are also avid skiers so the chairlift ride was on the top of our list as well. In addition to the perfect mountain setting, the staff at Sugar Bowl is out of this world. Meghon and her team were attentive to our every need without being overbearing. They supported every creative idea we had and made practical suggestions along the way - but they let us plan our own twist on everything, which is something that is very undervalued in many planners. It was also great that Sugar Bowl was a one-stop show for us. They took care of the catering, the bar, the flowers, and the rehearsal dinner and after party spots. They handed out welcome bags to the hotel guests as they arrived, and were so attentive throughout the entire weekend. The entire staff has a great attitude and that really made all our guests feel comfortable. Overall, our experience with Sugar Bowl was phenomenal and I wouldn't change a thing about it. Many guests told us that our wedding was the best and the most fun wedding that they have ever attended. You will not find a better vendor or service team anywhere in the Reno/Tahoe area! Meredith and Dan Herr

Sugar Bowl summer wedding

Reviewed on 9/20/2013 Emily M

Coordinator Meghon Shrewsbury goes above and beyond to provide excellent service, communicating all the way through the process. Though planning a wedding involves many details, the staff at Sugar Bowl made sure that every question was answered and handled all elements big and small with aplomb. A beautiful setting where many of your guests can stay on site and even ride a ski lift to the top of the mountain, Sugar Bowl offers a very unique and memorable wedding experience. Where some venues tend to nickle and dime you at every turn, Sugar Bowl was excellent in providing amenities such as heat lamps, parasols and other general decor for no extra charge. We would not hesitate to recommend this site to future couples!

Best day Ever!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Katie H

My Husband and I had an amazing day. Sugar Bowl was a perfect place to make such amazing memories with family and friend that we will remember for the rest of our lives. Sugar Bowl brings a special touch to the wedding weekend. Having the hotel for only wedding guests makes it special; it is truly an exclusive get away weekend with the people you love. The chairlift was a very special touch to the occasion. Our guests really enjoyed it. The Sugar Bowl staff was incredible. I honestly cannot think there is a more attentive staff out there. They were incredible with every detail. The venue looked absolutely gorgeous and the food was delicious. Everything with Sugar Bowl was fantastic. I could not have asked for a better place to get married. There is not one thing that I would have changed. Sugar Bowl exceeded our expectations. Thank you!

Amazing

Reviewed on 9/30/2014

Our wedding experience at Sugar Bowl was absolutely amazing and perfect. Our plans started with our family arriving on Friday and staying for the weekend. Friday–Lake Mary barbeque and movie night- As our guests started arriving, we had a casual event to start off the weekend. Early in the day we brought our own coolers and snacks and enjoyed the relaxing and beautiful location. We enjoyed paddleboards, kayaks, etc. on the lake, tossed horseshoes and played a few of our own games we brought along. We didn’t have a wedding party so instead of having a rehearsal dinner, Sugar Bowl set up a great barbeque for us. Later, we enjoyed a movie under the stars, popcorn and s’mores around the fire pit. Sugar Bowl put everything together so well and really took care of everyone. Saturday–Wedding day- Our ceremony was set up perfectly. It was simple and elegant just as we had wanted, with trees, wildflowers and Mt. Disney as a backdrop. After our short ceremony, the chairlift fired up and took us all to the top for drinks and appetizers. The view is amazing and it was such a great addition to our event. This is such an awesome option that Sugar Bowl offers and we couldn’t imagine not having it part of our wedding memories. Once we returned, our reception was on the deck, which was perfectly set up. The dinner buffet was beautiful and the food was incredible (yes, we were able to enjoy our dinner). We chose not to have a traditional wedding cake so we had Sugar Bowl prepare a dessert for us. They prepared an amazing strawberry shortcake that was fantastic. The night moved into dancing and celebrating with a perfect intimate setting under the mountain stars. We can’t say enough how unique and beautiful Sugar Bowl is and the privacy of having the resort to ourselves made it such a special event for our friends and family. Meghon was wonderful to work with and kept us on track through all of our planning. We didn’t realize how many details needed attention but Meghon worked with us on the details that were important to us and took care of the rest. When we made it to the day of our wedding, we were relaxed knowing that we were in good hands. Meghon also did our flowers, which came out so beautiful. We selected some of the flowers we wanted and left it to her to put together what we felt were perfect arrangements for us. We started working with Meghon long before we booked our event and she was there for us even after our event was over. During both the barbeque and the wedding, we also worked with Pat who we were quickly impressed with. To be blunt, Pat is a pro who kept every detail of our day on track. Some of the smallest details can mean so much and we really appreciated how well he took care of us. While you might expect that the bride and groom be treated extra special during their wedding weekend, we heard from our guests that all of the staff they encountered was incredibly nice and helpful. From the wait staff, the bartenders, the front desk and to those working in the background cleaning rooms or setting up, everyone was polite and courteous. Long after our weekend wedding has ended, our friends and family (and us) are still raving about what an awesome wedding we had at Sugar Bowl. It is such a unique venue and a hidden treasure. Sugar Bowl, specifically Meghon, worked with us to create a custom fit wedding that matched us perfectly and we are amazed at how wonderful it all turned out. THANK YOU!!! Lee & Wendy Wells

Dream Wedding - Dream Venue

Reviewed on 9/28/2014

I cannot say enough amazing things about Sugar Bowl Resort. From our first meeting with Meghon to our wedding day we felt completely comfortable and supported throughout the process. Meghon and her team do an excellent job supporting the bride and groom, family and guests throughout the entire planning process and wedding weekend. I had multiple people comment on the "excellent service" and "attention to detail". Everything went off without a hitch thanks to Meghon's experience and expertise! It was the wedding of our dreams in our favorite place on earth. I would highly recommend it to any bride considering it as their venue.

Still in awe of how AMAZINGLY things went

Reviewed on 9/20/2014 Rachel H

My husband and I got married at the Sugar Bowl Village Lodge on August 23rd. Before I get into just how awesome the staff was the weekend of our wedding, just a few reasons that we chose Sugar Bowl: 1. Compared to the outdoor venues we were looking at the in the San Francisco Bay Area and the other ski resorts in the area, Sugar Bowl was an absolute steal! Plus, included in the price is Meghon, their in-house wedding planner, who seriously kept me sane during the planning process, as well as free lift tickets when you come to do your tasting. 2. The Village Lodge is yours for the weekend. No other people to deal with. Just you and your loved ones. The bridal suite is also comped. 3. It's absolutely beautiful, and the weather is amazing during the summer. We actually had an organized hike during the weekend, and it turned out amazingly. As for the wedding itself, I am definitely a Type A person who did a ton of DIY before the wedding. I showed up to Sugar Bowl Friday afternoon and was tired, stressed, and worried about how things would turn out. Come Friday night, though, I was completely relaxed and was able to truly enjoy the wedding weekend. Every time I turned around, something else had been set up perfectly by the staff--decorations, cake, flowers, DJ equipment. I didn't have to lift a finger all weekend. They coordinated everything with the vendors as well. They took care of the entire rehearsal dinner, the post-rehearsal festivities, the wedding, reception, and Sunday brunch. Literally, everything was perfect, and this was huge because it let me bask in the happiness of marrying the man I love. Other people even commented that the staff were able to solve every problem before the guests even knew it was a problem. There's also a lot of freedom to customize your wedding into something that reflects you and your partner. Meghon was totally open to all our ideas (even the crazy ones!). We had hiking, yoga, lawn games, post-rehearsal pizza, bride & groom cocktails, and late night s'mores. They also will do customized menus, though we stuck with one of their packages, and it was great. I would also recommend doing the Disney Lift if it fits within your budget. Guests are still commenting how fun it was. Every single one of our guests (even the grandparents!) went up the lift. On the way up, you'll also have some alone time to just sit with your new husband or wife and enjoy the view. Honestly, looking back, it was just a perfect weekend because of the amazing venue and staff. I am so happy that we chose Sugar Bowl.

Medium wedding? SB is the best!

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Sarah G

SB was perfect for us! We wanted a wedding near Lake Tahoe for around 100 people at a reasonable price. Meghon was very willing to work within our budget for both the site and food/drink options. We opted to use the Lake Mary location for a lunch time wedding with the SB chef's awesome BBQ lunch spread. Amanda was so helpful as our day-of coordinator - between Amanda and our DJ, we didn't have to worry about anything the entire day! There was a minor hitch early on with the speaker system we rented from SB, but Amanda was able to have it rigged just in time for the ceremony. Another set of speakers was brought in by the SB staff right after the ceremony for the dancing and Amanda comped us the cost of the speaker rental for the (very minor) hassle. The staff, food, and view were perfect - couldn't have asked for a better day!

Best wedding venue EVER!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Nicole T

Sugarbowl is amazing. We originally chose the location because of sentimental value (my husband taught me to ski here) but were blown away at what a perfect wedding venue it turned out to be. Staff are always friendly and go above and beyond. The wedding co-ordinator Meghon was so easy to work with and always made herself available whenever we needed something. She also did our flowers for the wedding and they were gorgeous. She worked with what I wanted but added her own touch and they turned out beautifully. Both my husband and I grew up in Canada so most of our guests had travelled quite a ways to be at our wedding. Sugarbowl was such a special place as you have the whole resort to yourself for 3 days. It was a spectacular setting to have a family reunion. Many of our family members had never been to Tahoe and were blown away. Everyone said it was the best wedding venue they had ever experienced. We did the chairlift for cocktail hour and had drinks and appetizers at the top of the mountain. It was spectacular and worth every penny. The food was delicious!! We were very impressed and everyone was raving about it. The fire pit that was lit every night was also a highlight. Smores for the kids then late-night talks with our family and friends sitting in Adarondak chairs around the camp fire was a great way to cap off the evenings. The prices were reasonable and the co-ordinator Meghon made suggestions to help us stay within our budget. There were no surprises when we saw the bill. I would would say that Sugarbowl as the perfect wedding venue. I have no regrets and would have my wedding there again in a heartbeat. We have perfect memories of our wedding day thanks to Sugarbowl.

Most amazing wedding venue!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 rachel s

We had just gotten married last weekend at Sugar Bowl and it was simply incredible. Almost every single guest let me know it was the best wedding they had ever attended. The entire weekend was seamless with the on-site wedding coordinator Meghon behind the scenes for everything. This had to have been a hard task, as we had activities and things planned as early as Thursday night through Sunday morning. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect wedding and am SO happy we chose Sugar Bowl!!

Sugar Bowl Wedding

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Lauren B

I got married at Sugar Bowl Resort this past July and it was a perfect venue for an outdoorsy couple who wants to be in the mountains but also have comfortable accommodations for their guests. I highly recommend this venue!

We Loved Everything!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Alexis V

Everyone at Sugar Bowl was amazing! From the moment we checked in, they took care of everything, I could actually enjoy the whole weekend instead of stressing about all the small details that I didn't quite have time to finish. We gave them all our stuff for the wedding, cocktail hour, reception, after party when we got there and they took care of it from there. Each stage of the event was set up better than I could have hoped for and the whole event was incredibly well organized-no thanks to me. The entire staff, from the front desk to housekeeping to the bartender to Meghon and Pat (the two people in charge of weddings and events), were genuinely friendly and wanting to help. Our guests are still telling me what a great wedding it was and how nice everyone was. They worked seamlessly with our other vendors, and took care of any questions they had. The food was also amazing! We couldn't have picked a better place in Tahoe for a wedding!

The Absolute Best Day of My Life

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Lindsay G

I don't think my words could possibly do justice to explain how happy my husband and I were with our Sugar Bowl wedding. Here goes nothing... I had been looking for places close to my hometown but nothing seemed to be quite right. A friend suggested I check out Sugar Bowl (which in the past I had only associated with winter and skiing), so we decided to take a look. We knew almost immediately that this was the place we wanted to get married. Not only is the location breathtakingly beautiful, but we were greeted by loveliest wedding planner on the planet. We loved Meghon immediately. She truly helped us navigate to the wedding of our dreams. She was available from the very beginning and guided us with her extensive knowledge and expertise. She is a beautiful person, inside and out. We decided to get married at the Village Lodge, which we would HIGHLY recommend. Our families and close friends checked in on Thursday. On Friday, we did the rehearsal dinner at Lake Mary, which included use of the lake for the entire day. We played, we swam, hung out, and finished our evening with the best BBQ dinner. Our wonderful wedding ceremony and reception took place at the Village Lodge. Every single staff member was excellent. Lisa, the hotel manager, helped me coordinate accommodations and bent over backwards to make sure that we were all taken care of. The entire weekend was magical. They set out all of the snacks and lunches we brought, took great care of every single guest that arrived, and were always available (24/7) to help with anything we needed. The kids has SO much fun the entire weekend and all the adults felt safe letting them play around the grounds. We didn't have to think about any of wedding details while we were there. All we had to do was show up and enjoy. Sugar Bowl set everything up (way more beautifully than I ever could). It was such an incredible opportunity for both of our families and our friends so spend time together over the weekend and celebrate as one. Sugar Bowl made this possible and I will forever be grateful for that experience. It was truly the best reflection of our love and such a happy way to start a marriage. Thank you, Sugar Bowl! From the bottom of our hearts.

Sugar Bowl Wedding Weekend

Reviewed on 7/23/2014

Sugar Bowl gave us the best possible wedding weekend we could ask for - from the timely, professional and patient correspondence in the planning of our event to the wonderful food and service throughout our wedding weekend, I can honestly say that I can't imagine a more fun and memorable way to get married. Meghon and her assistant Amanda were outstanding in their efforts to make sure that everything went according to plan and were extremely diligent and accommodating in handling any problems that came up (which was bound to happen). We have no hesitation in giving our highest recommendation to Sugar Bowl for anyone who is looking for a unique and memorable way to share an unforgettable experience with their friends and family.

HANDS DOWN WONDERFULLY UNIQUE VENUE

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Dhonna A

WOW! What a wonderful venue for my June 21 wedding!! It was just perfect for our rustic/outdoorsy themed wedding! Even if you did not have any decorations..this venue SCREAMS rustic and woodsy. The staff were wonderful during the whole process: before, during, AND even after. Weather was great and we did not know we were marrying on the first day of summer aka the longest day of the year! Meghon was sooo wonderful and absolutely responsive. After hearing all my friends current horror stories, I appreciate her fast response! When you talk/email her she felt genuine..Again my friends' current experience with their CURRENT venue planners..cringe worthy. I loved and appreciated her suggestions. We also decided to hire her for flowers. Again, it fit perfectly with what I wanted. It was also very convenient to have the food, flowers, hotel, setup all under Meghon! It helps to have someone who sees the vision the bride sees! Thank you Meghon many of my guest commented on just how wonderful you all were! Booking Sugar Bowl meant you had the whole place to yourself. We decided to book the Disney Lift...and the ONLY complaint I have was that I wish that the person operating the lift told my guest that the bar on the ski lift came down...BOY riding the skilift during the summer is FAR different than in the winter...SCARY ISH! I had a few guest who were literally crying so be prepared. My husband and I are outdoorsy and we ski/snowboard often I did NOT expect to be THAT terrified! Other than that it was a wonderfully unique experience for our 170 guest. BEFORE: We loved that we had a private food tasting and was able to invite 2 other people. We definitely got drunk from all the wine! We ended up having open beer and wine at the wedding. We also got 4 tickets to ski at the venue. Sadly we didnt get to use this as there was no snow! =( DAY OF: The weather was great. The grounds well groomed. The ceremony was setup just the way I wanted. For the wedding I had lawn games, rented decor, and had my own DIY decor...Meghon set it up exactly as I wanted. After the ceremony, they made sure the bridal party had wine and appetizers...yay! Our photog was also going picture crazy and Meghon had to remind him "THEY NEED TO GET ON THE LIFT NOW"...lol... Anyhoo I can't stress how wonderful this venue is. Many of my guest kept commenting on it too. I wish I can get married all over again! =)

Amazing wedding at Sugar Bowl

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 carly n

My husband and I had our wedding at Sugar Bowl this June. I just have to mention that our guests are still talking about it and telling us it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I know this is purely because of the staff at Sugar Bowl. Yes, the scenery is spectacular, the food was amazing but the staff went above and beyond to make our day so special. We opted to host a whole weekend of events for our guests; movie night on Thursday, welcome dinner Friday and of course our wedding on Saturday. The whole weekend was perfect! It was so nice for my husband and I just to relax and enjoy the weekend and have the staff take care of everything. We even had Meghon do our wedding flowers, they were beautiful! I would highly recommend Sugar Bowl as a wedding venue.

Sugar Bowl was the talk of the town

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Landen R

Sugar Bowl made our prep hassle-free and our wedding day smooth and easy. Meghon and Pat were excellent coordinators on site and their team was there to answer any questions and help make our guests feel comfortable. Flowers - Meghon & Pat happen to be florists, so that was easy. Catering - they have excellent chefs and menus on site, so no need to outsource. The tasting was a wonderful experience in the snow! Photographer - they have a list of recommended vendors and we loved Chris Cooke! Cake - we ordered apple pie from a local bakery and Meghon took care of the whole process, from the tasting to the cutting Decorations - we went with a rustic, woodsy theme and Sugar Bowl helped out significantly by providing baskets, wooden rounds for the tables, mason jars for flowers, an archway, and shepherd's hooks for the ceremony aisles. We described our style and they created it for us - so easy! We even intended to write out table seating with chalk and Sugar Bowl staff, Riza, took care of us for us with her beautiful handwriting. Location - up in the mountains; it's definitely a destination for most, but at only 45 minutes from the Reno Airport and about 3.5 hours for our Bay Area friends and family, we decided that a "convenient getaway" fit the bill. Keep in mind, the 20-minute drive down to Truckee is a windy mountain road, so stay away after drinking or late at night. Lodge - the rooms are quaint and clean and fit a wide range of numbers, so we could house our relatives and groups of friends easily on site. We only wish they had more rooms to fit all of our 117 guests. Luckily, it's just a short drive down to Truckee where hotels and restaurants are located. Fun perk - we booked the Disney ski lift for our cocktail hour, which was a huge hit - even my grandparents went up the lift! Our friends and family are still raving about the scenery, the location, the Disney lift, the food, and the service. We really could not be happier with our choice and would absolutely recommend it to others.

Perfect September Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

sugar bowl was a great place for a wedding. we chose it because both of us grew up skiing at sugar bowl, worked there for a few years, and still ski there all the time together. from the beginning our coordinator Meghon was a huge help. she responded immediately to all of our questions and emails and was always prepared for our meetings. you could tell she knew what she was doing and we immediately felt like we should trust whatever she suggested. after Meghon went on maternity leave, our new coordinator Pat transitioned seemlessly and took over our event. we had originally planned an outdoor wedding, but as it started raining (and then snowing!!! in September!) on our wedding day, many of our plans had to change and everyone at Sugar Bowl was extremely helpful and prepared for everything. needless to say the final result was perfect. they were also super helpful in terms of set up, such as setting up all of our table decorations, place cards, goodie bags, guestbook, etc. one of the best things about getting married at sugar bowl, at least if you choose the Village Lodge location, is that you get to have the whole hotel to yourselves for the weekend, including using the lodge for the rehearsal dinner the night before, as well as whatever events you choose during the weekend (we had a groom-hosted pre-wedding pizza party and after-party and breakfast was provided both mornings for all our guests in the hotel). they can basically cater to whatever request you have. all expenses were very clearly spelled out in their prospectus that we were given before the event. we highly recommend it!

Mrs. Kathleen Acker

Reviewed on 9/09/2013 Kathleen B

Words can't express how glad I am that we chose this venue. They were professional, organized, and so incredibly helpful. They took an otherwise stressful day and turned it into one of the most relaxing and fun experiences with my family and friends. Damien and I will be forever grateful.

My Island Wedding Wrapped in a Bow!

Reviewed on 9/05/2013

John and I got married on June 22, 2013, at the Sugar Bowl Resort. Let me tell you... I've always dreamt of my wedding day, but then it came to real life! Everything was perfect; from the staff, the food, and most of all the wedding coordinator: Lisa and Meghon. The whole day went so smooth and perfect.The decor was beautiful, but the scenery was unbelievable. I would defiantly recommend Sugar Bowl Resort to any Bride that is looking for an extravagant wedding.

Island - Mountain dream day

Reviewed on 9/05/2013

My special day could, and would not have been possible without Sugar Bowl and its staff!!

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Susan T

Best Wedding ever! People are still talking about it. I run into people that weren't even there and they are saying we heard it was amazing!

Best wedding venue EVER.

Reviewed on 8/16/2013 Jessica O

I’m still in awe at how magical our wedding was at the Sugarbowl Resort. Let me start by saying we toured Sugarbowl during the winter, in the middle of ski season. We had seen pictures of what it looked like in summertime and it looked great, but we still didn’t know what to expect. Even without seeing the venue in full bloom, we were sold on Sugarbowl for 1. The fact that they have a package that includes exclusive access to the resort from Friday until Sunday, 2. Rooms were on property, and 3. Meghon, the most amazing wedding coordinator ever. The added bonuses that we found once we arraived were the ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS scenery and grounds. The resort is spectacular during the summer time; green, wild flowers, flowing creeks, Lake Mary, hiking trails. Just pure bliss. The exclusive access makes you feel like you’re at your own personal relaxation destination. Most of our families/friends stayed up there for the weekend. Every day we all got to eat breakfast together and set out on hikes, or to the lake, or whatever event was planned for that day. It was incredible to get to spend such quality time with our friends & family before the wedding, and made it so we really got to enjoy the wedding night (without having to go table to table trying to spend time with everyone) because we had the chance to be with everyone all weekend. I’m sure a lot of brides can relate to the need to be in control of all the details of your wedding. I was very hesitant to give up control to a wedding coordinator, but Meghon put my worries to ease very quickly. She is a pro. She has put on so many wedding at Sugarbowl, that she made me feel confident that she had everything under control from our first meeting. Everything ran very smoothly, and there were no surprises. Everything I needed to know was told to me well in advance and she answered all of the questions we had (even when we asked them multiple times). Her staff is very professional. Her colleague, Pat handled a lot of the reception and after party details and was equally as fantastic. It’s a HUGE relief as a bride or groom to not have to worry about getting the ceremony started on time, setting up tables, flowers, etc., getting everyone in the right order, making sure the wine gets on the tables, getting everything cleaned up afterward, and so on… The coordinator staff handles all of those details, and makes it MUCH more enjoyable for the wedding party and family. I mean, the wedding is supposed to be a celebration not a chore right! And that’s how the staff at Sugarbowl makes sure it is, a spectacular celebration! There are all sorts of activities to choose from. They really can cater to any and all types of weddings. There are SO many options and add-ons, chair lift rides to the top of the mountain for cocktail hour, lakeside dining for the rehearsal dinner, etc. I wish we could have done them all. The reception food was delicious. The chef at Sugarbowl really knows how to please a crowd. Everyone raved about the appetizers and dinner! There are so many things I can say about our stay and celebration at Sugarbowl, but I’d be writing all day. It’s a very special place and an incredible wedding destination. It’s been 6 weeks since the wedding and our family and friends are still talking about how amazing the weekend and the venue were. Everyone really enjoyed themselves and we will always have an incredible memory of our wedding at Sugarbowl.

Made my dream wedding come true!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2013 Sarah m

Meghon, Pat, Lisa, and all the Sugar Bowl wedding crew are amazing. They all went above and beyond any expectations I have of a wedding venue. They took all my projects and decorations and took care of it all so I didn't have to worry about it and I could just enjoy the days leading up to the wedding. The food is outstanding, we got lots of compliments on that. DO THE DISNEY CHAIR/COCKTAIL HOUR...SO WORTH IT. Everyone loved it, it was the highlight of the event. The staff is so amazing and provide outstanding unforgettable service. They treat you like a VIP/celebrity status person! So attentive and helpful and approachable. Meghon is also outstanding. She made herself available to me all the time and answered all of my questions promptly and thoroughly every time. She even joined my pinterest boards to look at my ideas/colors/overall theme...truly a dream wedding coordinator! Meghon also did the flowers for the entire event as well as the rehearsal dinner. They were everything I wanted and envisioned. She worked with me after I had some flowers in her original "quote" that I didn't like 100% and changed them to be truly everything I wanted. She also respected my budget and desire to keep the costs down. Got so many compliments on the wedding and all I could think and say back to people was, "it wasn't me, it was Sugar Bowl!!"

Sugar Bowl wedding

Reviewed on 8/09/2013 karen h

The BEST wedding venue ever if you want to spend a weekend with your guests. Lake Mary is a beautiful small lake, equipped with paddle boats, canoe, kayak. Entire day and Rehearsal Dinner here. The next day spent at the lake and then wedding and reception at the Sugar Bowl Lodge Food, staff were great. The beautiful mountain location, topped off by ski lift ride to mountain top where there is a beautiful decked building to enjoy cocktails and take in the great scenery. Staff was fabulous. Perfect!! Exactly what the bride and groom envisioned.

Sugar Bowl Resort

Reviewed on 7/14/2013 Susie W

My daughter was married at Sugar Bowl Resort on June 15, and it was a magical day. We have always loved spending time in the Tahoe Mountains and knew it would be a lovely backdrop for this special event, but we had no idea just how special this day would be with the help of Meghan, their event planner, and all the Sugar Bowl staff. My daughter had very specific ideas of what she wanted for the ceremony, for the meal, for the décor; and the staff simply accommodated us with a smile! We invited our close friends and family to stay with us at the Lodge for a few nights before the big event. The staff there provided such a wonderful and relaxed atmosphere for our early morning hikes and late night chats in the lobby or out around the campfire. It was just like summer camp with all your favorite people. The wedding day was pure happiness. The staff at Sugar Bowl have a calm but professional attitude that puts everyone at ease and helps you just enjoy the day. Meghan knew just what my daughter envisioned for this day and took it upon herself to make it happen. I had such faith that everyone there was working to make her day amazing that I did not worry for a minute. We also took the chair lift to the top for Happy Hour which was a big hit with all our guests. The views were fabulous, and what a cool environment to start the party. The venue at Sugar Bowl is amazing, but I cannot say enough about the Sugar Bowl staff. They were all so friendly, caring and attentive. Words cannot express how thankful I am that we found Meghan and Sugar Bowl for my daughter's big day.

TO Sugar Bowl Resort