Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

752 Frederick Rd, Catonsville, MD (410) 788-9478

Georgeous and delicious

Reviewed on 12/28/2010 Kate C

My husband is not a cake fan and a huge pie guy so we had a cake to serve 50 (approx. 110 guest total) and a bunch of pies all done by Sugarbakers. The cake was beautiful (made to our custom request - matching the design of our invitation) and delicious and the pies were... Read More awesome! We also threw in some cheesecakes which were also excellent. You get what you pay for.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Devin C

Our wedding cake was delicious and turned out better than we had planned! When we first tried the samples, it was impossible to make a decision as all of the flavors were delicious. The staff was friendly and very easy to work with and quickly understood our design. When people... Read More at the wedding found out our cake was SugarBakers they were thrilled and agreed the cake lived up to its reputation. Since then we’re still receiving tons of compliments on how great it tasted!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Kareema B

My wedding cake was the most beautifully custom made three tier cake ever! Not to mention, it was so delicious! My guests couldn't stop raving about how good the cake was! Their signature flavor amaretto raspberry is too good to be true! And the German buttercream as a topping... Read More just made it taste like heaven on a fork! Thanks Sugar Bakers for making my wedding day a bite I'll never forget! Oh! And I did I mention that on your first anniversary, you get a free top piece of your exact wedding cake?!!! How awesome is that!!! 🤗

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Audrey B

Our cake from SugarBakers was excellent! It was beautiful and exactly as I had imagined, and tasted delicious!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Alicia S

I have the biggest sweet tooth, so I knew I wanted a cake that was not only beautiful but also delicious! SugarBakers excelled at both for a reasonable price. I will be using them again for other events!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Elizabeth S

Our cake was 1) beautiful and 2) delicious! Our friends keep telling us how tasty it was! We had 3 flavors, and one of the flavors was entirely eaten, the 2nd we have some leftover because it was our top tier (the venue froze it for us because I forgot to tell them it was ok to... Read More serve it), and the 3rd is only leftover because it was the last flavor cut and put out. And I am NOT complaining about any leftover cake from this great place!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Kara E

We hired SugarBakers soon after our free tasting at their bakery, where we were blown away by the variety and quality of their samples. We ordered a two-tier, two-flavor (Luscious Lemon and Peach Melba) cake, which was beautifully baked and decorated. The cake itself was... Read More fantastic—a few of our guests commented that it was the best wedding cake they’d ever had and wanted to bring home leftovers for themselves. In particular, we loved their French buttercream, which was perfectly sweet and flavorful but not overly sugary. The only downside is that the delivery fee was almost the cost of the cake itself, but that’s mostly because SugarBakers was located about 2 hours—each way—from our venue. Given the quality of the cake and the fact that they were still willing to work with us despite the distance, we didn’t especially mind the cost. And as a bonus? SugarBakers will also provide a freshly baked one-tier cake for your first wedding anniversary, which we are so excited to receive next year.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Kathleen H

Overall a very pleasant experience. We only did a sweetheart cake, and a fairly simple one, but it was lovely and ready when they said it would be. Reasonably priced too. The only reason I am giving this less than five stars is because I dealt with a very rude woman on the phone... Read More when I was double-checking the status of my order a week before the wedding. She was able to confirm the order, but she did so in a way that was abrupt and unprofessional. Other than that, I had a lovely experience with this vendor.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Grace K

Their cakes are out of this world - our guests couldn't get enough of our wedding cake! We loved working with Amy and the rest of the Sugar Bakers staff.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Jill N

We did not think we were going to have a cake! One caterer called them “dinosaurs” and said everyone was doing dessert bars now. But a coworker said, “But you should still go have cake tastings! Those are fun and free and delicious.” Well, the tasting is how Sugar Bakers reels... Read More you in…damn, if each flavor wasn’t better than the last! Our salesperson brought out a beautiful plate of eleven flavors and additional dollops of the three types of frosting. Of the flavors, four stood out to me as especially delicious: Peach Melba (the best!), Chocolate Mousse Toffee, Amaretto Raspberry, and Red Velvet. I also thought the Lemon Mousse and Strawberry Breeze were quite good. My partner also liked the Toasted Coconut Cream and Cannoli d’Ville flavors; I found them a bit too subtle. For our 100-person wedding, we chose a simple cake of three round tiers, with the bottom tier Peach Melba and the upper tiers Red Velvet, all with French buttercream (rich and silky, and much less sweet than American buttercream, which they also offer if that’s your preference). (We loved those two flavors and their retro-ness fit well with our theme to boot.) Because ANY frosting decoration immediately escalates the price a lot, our salesperson recommended we get it plainly frosted, and then provide ribbon they would put around the base of each layer at no extra charge, and that we provide a cake topper. We did this and it was cute, if a bit plain. Their website offers so many beautiful designs, including incredible stuff with fondant, but of course, fondant doesn’t taste great (guests can peel it away from the buttercream underneath on their serving, if desired) and takes the price from maybe $6/serving to $11-13/serving. It’s too bad because I was enamored of the Pickle Barrel cake on their site and so wanted it for my country fair themed wedding. But ours was cute with the ribbon, flag bunting topper from Etsy, and a few paper pinwheels added by our decorator (to echo the flag bunting in tent and vases of pinwheels as centerpieces). The cake was delicious and we got many compliments on it. We had some to take home and enjoyed it on our own and with friends for several days after. SugarBakers was easy to work with from tasting through delivery, including a few emails and phone calls. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Helen W

SugarBakers is the best in Baltimore, no question. Not only are their cakes delicious, but they are wonderful to work with and the cakes are so incredibly beautiful. I had so much fun at our tasting, and they really listened to what we wanted -- they even printed out a picture... Read More of what I wanted (from Pinterest) right there while we were at our appointment, and then made notes on it to personalize it. I was impressed by the entire experience.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Paige G

A friend recommended SugarBakers for my Baltimore wedding. I arranged a tasting a year in advance. Staff answered all my questions about price points, guest allergies, and cake size. All the potential options were delicious. I opted for one tier of cannoli filling with yellow... Read More and chocolate cake and a top tier of dulce de leche. I even got to taste different butter creams for the outside. SugarBakers coordinated with the restaurant where I had my reception and we had a problem-free delivery and setup. I did not have to handle anything about it. Guests loved the cake and it looked beautiful. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Jerrae B

I made an appointment with them (which also means giving your credit card number to secure your spot), however when I showed up another couple showed up as well & I was told I was not in the appointment book anywhere.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Sara H

Our cake looked just like the picture we submitted and it tasted AMAZING. Thank you for making the cake selection process super easy and stress-free.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Katrina R

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious! The tasting was wonderful, as we were able to sample 3 different buttercreams and 10+ large samples of cake! The cake is moist and delicious. We ordered a two-tiered cake and additional half sheet of the Smith Island Cake with German... Read More Buttercream. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and the guests raved about the cake. A huge hit all around!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Morgan B

Requested a quote through the knot on 3/23. One week later I have not received any response. My wedding is in six months, so time is of the essence.

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Beth H

My daughter's wedding was 3/4/17 and we ordered both the wedding and groom's cake. They were delicious as well as beautiful. Great ppl to work with. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Janna O

Sugar Bakers was the "sweetest" part of our wedding! We went for a tasting, which was relaxing, fun, and delicious. Kristy helped us and answered all of our questions. She showed us so many beautiful, elegant designs and we were able to choose the one that was right for us. My... Read More husband and I were not ready to make a decision, but we were not pressured at all. Kristy followed up with us twice before we decided to book. She also offered a discount, as the hotel with which we booked had recently signed an agreement of which we could not take advantage (due to being implemented after we signed our contract). We loved that delivery was included. The cake itself was phenomenal: fresh, flavorful, moist, and beautiful. Bottom Line: Sugar Bakers is very professional and flexible. The cake was perfect for our wedding day. We love that a free top layer is included with our purchase for our first wedding anniversary.

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Tatiana G

Thank you! The cake was beautiful and tasty! We are so glad that you were part of our wedding! I will always recommend you!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Becca D

Sugar Bakers made us an absolutely incredible wedding cake! Our first experience with the bakery was our cake tasting - which was AMAZING! They have you sample every kind of cake they offer, including different frosting. Everything is incredible! Our consultant gave us some... Read More money saving tips for our cake, which we really appreciated. I tried to upload a picture of our cake because it was absolutely stunning. I brought in a picture and they made it even more beautiful than I could have imagined. Our guests RAVED about how great the cake was! And they make you an anniversary cake on your one year anniversary. We're excited for that! The staff was very kind and helpful. The cake arrived on time on the wedding day and was gorgeous/tasty. What more could you ask for?! We'd suggest this bakery any day. And we can't wait to work with them again! THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Elizabeth H

SugarBakers is my favorite place for cake in the whole wide world. Unfortunately, wedding cake just doesn't taste as good as regular cake. My favorite cake flavor has a fudge icing, but in order to make it a streamlined wedding cake, the whole cake had to have standard... Read More buttercream icing and then fondant as well, neither of which are good at all compared to my favorite fudge icing. It was disappointing eating my wedding cake that should have tasted the same as my favorite special occasion treat, only to have it taste not nearly as good. On the other hand, working with SugarBakers was great. They were very responsive to my emails which included a complete change of flavors, and they had no problem with that. SugarBakers is closed on Sundays but does do cake delivery on Sundays.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Abby D

Sugar Bakers made us a delicious and beautiful Smith Island Cake for our wedding! We left our meeting feeling 100% confident that they knew exactly what we wanted our cake to look like! They took the pictures that we brought and combined it with pictures of what they had done... Read More before to make the perfect wedding cake! The cake was absolutely stunning the day of the wedding and included everything that we asked for!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Halley W

Sugar Bakers is great! The cake tasted amazing, and looked beautiful, especially on the cake stand we rented from them. Sugar Bakers also worked with my mom to create custom smore's pops which were also very good.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Ashley R

My husband and I had time for only one consultation for our wedding cake and we were so fortunate to have made an appointment with SugarBakers. The cake was absolutely delicious. My husband is not big on sweets, and even he was blown away by how good the cake was! To top it off,... Read More our wedding guests have continued to tell us how much they enjoyed the cake as well. We would definitely recommend SugarBakers to anyone in need of a delicious and gorgeous cake.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Karol B

We had our wedding at the Hilton Baltimore. As a part of our complete wedding package, our wedding cake was created by SugarBakers. I had heard outstanding things about the quality of their cakes from other brides and they did not disappoint. The cake was delicious (red velvet)... Read More and people were begging other guests for more! I highly recommend them for your wedding and plan to use them for future events.