Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

752 Frederick Rd, Catonsville, MD (410) 788-9478

Georgeous and delicious

Reviewed on 12/28/2010 Kate C

My husband is not a cake fan and a huge pie guy so we had a cake to serve 50 (approx. 110 guest total) and a bunch of pies all done by Sugarbakers. The cake was beautiful (made to our custom request - matching the design of our invitation) and delicious and the pies were... Read More awesome! We also threw in some cheesecakes which were also excellent. You get what you pay for.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Devin C

Our wedding cake was delicious and turned out better than we had planned! When we first tried the samples, it was impossible to make a decision as all of the flavors were delicious. The staff was friendly and very easy to work with and quickly understood our design. When people... Read More at the wedding found out our cake was SugarBakers they were thrilled and agreed the cake lived up to its reputation. Since then we’re still receiving tons of compliments on how great it tasted!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Kareema B

My wedding cake was the most beautifully custom made three tier cake ever! Not to mention, it was so delicious! My guests couldn't stop raving about how good the cake was! Their signature flavor amaretto raspberry is too good to be true! And the German buttercream as a topping... Read More just made it taste like heaven on a fork! Thanks Sugar Bakers for making my wedding day a bite I'll never forget! Oh! And I did I mention that on your first anniversary, you get a free top piece of your exact wedding cake?!!! How awesome is that!!! πŸ€—

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Jerrae B

I made an appointment with them (which also means giving your credit card number to secure your spot), however when I showed up another couple showed up as well & I was told I was not in the appointment book anywhere.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Sara H

Our cake looked just like the picture we submitted and it tasted AMAZING. Thank you for making the cake selection process super easy and stress-free.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Katrina R

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious! The tasting was wonderful, as we were able to sample 3 different buttercreams and 10+ large samples of cake! The cake is moist and delicious. We ordered a two-tiered cake and additional half sheet of the Smith Island Cake with German... Read More Buttercream. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and the guests raved about the cake. A huge hit all around!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Morgan B

Requested a quote through the knot on 3/23. One week later I have not received any response. My wedding is in six months, so time is of the essence.

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Beth H

My daughter's wedding was 3/4/17 and we ordered both the wedding and groom's cake. They were delicious as well as beautiful. Great ppl to work with. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Janna O

Sugar Bakers was the "sweetest" part of our wedding! We went for a tasting, which was relaxing, fun, and delicious. Kristy helped us and answered all of our questions. She showed us so many beautiful, elegant designs and we were able to choose the one that was right for us. My... Read More husband and I were not ready to make a decision, but we were not pressured at all. Kristy followed up with us twice before we decided to book. She also offered a discount, as the hotel with which we booked had recently signed an agreement of which we could not take advantage (due to being implemented after we signed our contract). We loved that delivery was included. The cake itself was phenomenal: fresh, flavorful, moist, and beautiful. Bottom Line: Sugar Bakers is very professional and flexible. The cake was perfect for our wedding day. We love that a free top layer is included with our purchase for our first wedding anniversary.

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Tatiana G

Thank you! The cake was beautiful and tasty! We are so glad that you were part of our wedding! I will always recommend you!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Becca D

Sugar Bakers made us an absolutely incredible wedding cake! Our first experience with the bakery was our cake tasting - which was AMAZING! They have you sample every kind of cake they offer, including different frosting. Everything is incredible! Our consultant gave us some... Read More money saving tips for our cake, which we really appreciated. I tried to upload a picture of our cake because it was absolutely stunning. I brought in a picture and they made it even more beautiful than I could have imagined. Our guests RAVED about how great the cake was! And they make you an anniversary cake on your one year anniversary. We're excited for that! The staff was very kind and helpful. The cake arrived on time on the wedding day and was gorgeous/tasty. What more could you ask for?! We'd suggest this bakery any day. And we can't wait to work with them again! THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Elizabeth H

SugarBakers is my favorite place for cake in the whole wide world. Unfortunately, wedding cake just doesn't taste as good as regular cake. My favorite cake flavor has a fudge icing, but in order to make it a streamlined wedding cake, the whole cake had to have standard... Read More buttercream icing and then fondant as well, neither of which are good at all compared to my favorite fudge icing. It was disappointing eating my wedding cake that should have tasted the same as my favorite special occasion treat, only to have it taste not nearly as good. On the other hand, working with SugarBakers was great. They were very responsive to my emails which included a complete change of flavors, and they had no problem with that. SugarBakers is closed on Sundays but does do cake delivery on Sundays.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Abby D

Sugar Bakers made us a delicious and beautiful Smith Island Cake for our wedding! We left our meeting feeling 100% confident that they knew exactly what we wanted our cake to look like! They took the pictures that we brought and combined it with pictures of what they had done... Read More before to make the perfect wedding cake! The cake was absolutely stunning the day of the wedding and included everything that we asked for!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Halley W

Sugar Bakers is great! The cake tasted amazing, and looked beautiful, especially on the cake stand we rented from them. Sugar Bakers also worked with my mom to create custom smore's pops which were also very good.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Ashley R

My husband and I had time for only one consultation for our wedding cake and we were so fortunate to have made an appointment with SugarBakers. The cake was absolutely delicious. My husband is not big on sweets, and even he was blown away by how good the cake was! To top it off,... Read More our wedding guests have continued to tell us how much they enjoyed the cake as well. We would definitely recommend SugarBakers to anyone in need of a delicious and gorgeous cake.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Karol B

We had our wedding at the Hilton Baltimore. As a part of our complete wedding package, our wedding cake was created by SugarBakers. I had heard outstanding things about the quality of their cakes from other brides and they did not disappoint. The cake was delicious (red velvet)... Read More and people were begging other guests for more! I highly recommend them for your wedding and plan to use them for future events.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Sarah H

We enjoyed our experience with SugarBakers. My MIL graciously offered to cover the cost of the wedding cake and grooms cake. The tasting was great, and we enjoyed the experience. A little more expensive than we had thought it would be, so we downgraded our vision, but the cakes... Read More tasted great, so we went with it. The ordering process was easy and the confirmation and payment went really smoothly. Our caterer was great and had the cakes delivered to their offices to be delivered to the venue with the rest of the food and SugarBakers was happy to go along with that (they were recommended by our caterer to begin with, so we knew they'd have a good working relationship). The wedding cake turned out beautifully and I was told tasted great! (It's true what they say, your wedding flies by and you miss a lot of it!) But I was happy guests enjoyed it! We had a specialty cake made for the groomscake. I was a little underwhelmed with how it turned out. Maybe my expectations were a little skewed by pinterest, but the cake just didn't catch my eye and seemed a little plain. The groom was entertained by the fact that it was his University Logo and so as long as he was happy, I'm happy. Overall, good experience. Would have loved to be a little more wow-ed with the grooms cake, especially for what we spent on it, but everyone said they were delicious and the purpose of the cake it to be eaten, so happy for that :)

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Kimberly W

The cakes taste amazing. We got two flavors for our wedding cake. It was beautiful. The reason I didn't give 4 stars was because when I went to call to confirm my delivery time the person on the phone mistook me for 3 different brides. She had to keep looking for the right file.... Read More Which made me nervous that my cake would not get to my reception. Also there was significantly more of the one flavor then the other. My husband and I wanted to get the chocolate toffee but we only saw the dolce de leche being served. Our guests said there was few of the chocolate toffee slices out but we never saw any. So We ended up not eating any cake

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 maya s

We had sampled multiple places before deciding who will make our wedding cake. Upon trying Sugar Bakers, it was a no brainer we were going to book with them. First of all, the buttercream is absolutely divine and to die for. The cake itself is very light and fluffy. They... Read More know how to balance their flavors because nothing was overly sweet. We ended up choosing 3 flavors, my favorite was the raspberry amaretto, my husband's favorite was the red velvet with buttercream and fudge, and the third was a lemon cake. I never had a lemon cake before but this was so refreshing and perfectly sweet and tart I had to have it! Khrissy was wonderful to work with to design the cake of my dreams. She called me when they were making the cake to go over last minute things to make sure everything would be to my liking which I appreciated it. I've been to Sugar Bakers numerous times now just to get a slice of cake, once you have it once you will start craving it, it is that good. I highly recommend this company. Khrissy was wonderful to work with and the cake was AMAZING!

Best wedding cake!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Sarah X

Our wedding cake was so delicious and beautiful, all thanks to SugarBakers! After our tasting, we fell in love with 2 flavors, their signature amaretto raspberry and cannoli. All I had to do was send them a picture and they executed perfectly! They were easy to work with and I... Read More love the fact that we can get a top tier on our 1 year anniversary. Thank you so much, SugarBakers! Don't hesitate to use them for your wedding or other functions!

LOVE

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Devon K

My sister used Sugarbakers for her wedding a few years ago, so I knew then I wanted to use them as well. I remembered the cake being good, but I just forgot how good! So delicious!!! The staff was also great to work with. Any questions I had, they were right there to answer. I... Read More cannot wait for my 1 year anniversary to have more cake!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Sarah H

SugarBakers was such a delight to work with. They were the first place we went to go sample cakes and we didn't even want to try anyone else. We ended up going with cannoli (white and chocolate cake with cannoli filling) and almond cake with raspberry filling. They worked with... Read More us on the design and gave examples of things they've done before. We had a change of heart on the design a few months later and we had a hard time getting in contact with the right people, so that could have been easier, but other than that everything was perfect. It looked perfect the day of and was delicious! We're excited to get our 1 year anniversary mini-cake!

Great Cakes

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Nicole O

Sugarbakers is awesome! We sampled every flavor of cake. We didn't really know how we wanted our cake to look, but Khrissy was very patient and worked with us to come up with a design we loved. We sent her a picture and made some changes and the cake came out exactly how we... Read More wanted it. The cake tasted great!! It was super moist and all our guest loved it. My husband and I also love that they will give us a fresh top on on one year anniversary. I definitely recommend Sugarbakers to anyone looking for a great cake. We will be using them again!

Cake

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Alexis A

I used SugarBakers for my wedding cake and cupcakes. Overall it was above average. It didn't WOW me on the day of the wedding but it's okay. We chose chocolate and raspberry cupcakes. The wedding coordinator was very easy to work with and super nice.

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Miriam B

Chrissy is amazing to work with. She remembers everyone she works with! Very personal feel. All the flavors are delicious and interesting. Money flexible too, they offer sheet cakes for a lower price! Cannot wait to see how my coral and wave cake turns out!