Baltimore, DC Metro area, NoVA, Annapolis, Eastern Shore

SugarBakers specializes in upscale wedding and occasion cakes that taste as delicious as they are gorgeous! Our professional staff will create a wedding cake that will be happily remembered long after the big day. Call today to book your complimentary cake tasting and consultation.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

752 Frederick Rd, Catonsville, MD Baltimore, DC Metro area, NoVA, Annapolis, Eastern Shore (410) 788-9478

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Kaitlin O

We used Sugar Bakers for both our wedding cake and rehearsal dinner cake. The flavors are great and the bakers are very talented; they even created our dog as a cake topper. The tasting was so much fun and it was hard to choose what flavor because they were all so delicious!... Read More Highly recommended!

2017-11-13T13:50:13 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed both of your cakes! We look forward to making your complementary first anniversary cake and hopefully many more cakes to come. Best wishes!

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Devin C

Our wedding cake was delicious and turned out better than we had planned! When we first tried the samples, it was impossible to make a decision as all of the flavors were delicious. The staff was friendly and very easy to work with and quickly understood our design. When people... Read More at the wedding found out our cake was SugarBakers they were thrilled and agreed the cake lived up to its reputation. Since then we’re still receiving tons of compliments on how great it tasted!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Kareema B

My wedding cake was the most beautifully custom made three tier cake ever! Not to mention, it was so delicious! My guests couldn't stop raving about how good the cake was! Their signature flavor amaretto raspberry is too good to be true! And the German buttercream as a topping... Read More just made it taste like heaven on a fork! Thanks Sugar Bakers for making my wedding day a bite I'll never forget! Oh! And I did I mention that on your first anniversary, you get a free top piece of your exact wedding cake?!!! How awesome is that!!! 🤗

Reviewed on 3/18/2018 Cheyenne H

Our cake turned out exactly how we wanted and I can’t tell you how many people told me they loved it. We got a 2 tier, 2 flavor cake that was amazing! I’m still eating it the next day so I highly recommend Sugarbakers for your wedding cake. The process to buy this cake was so... Read More fun and easy too. They even suggested we try the mini tart desserts and the fruit ones went in less than 10 minutes! Everything was delicious!

2018-03-19T07:22:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed every step of the process, we look forward making your complementary 1st Anniversary cake! Best Wishes.

Reviewed on 3/17/2018 Lakia H

Let me start off by saying Sugar Bakers have great, moist cake. However, as a consumer, their customer service is not great. I went to my cake tasting visit the first week of March 2018. I provided a picture of how I wanted my cake to be. Not the person who we were working... Read More with, but another employee intervened into our conversation to try to persuade me to not get what I wanted. In addition, I was told that the bottom layer can only be a tall cake because of the design. However, I informed Sugar Bakers employee that I did not want a tall bottom layer and it could be made regular (which I emailed pictures after my appointment to prove this to be true). I believe they wanted me to do the tall layer to pay more. On top of that, I was quoted $12 a slice and asked to put a 50% deposit down, which I did. Well the employee came back and stated that she missed priced me after swiping my bank card, that the price of the cake would be $17 per slice and not the $12 a slice. So once questioned about what changed from the time she left the table until swiping my card. The employee stated that the decorator was not in to quote me a price. I then asked how was I quoted a price initially if the decorator would need to see. Sugar Bakers immediately refunded me my deposit of over $500 and informed me they will show the decorator my picture and then get back to me. Well we are almost 3 weeks away from my initial appointment and I have yet to hear from Sugar Bakers to follow-up with me regarding a price. I did call asking to speak with the employee who I worked with and was told was not in and they will give her my message. I am upset because I love their cakes, but this is really a bad experience for a bride to be.

Reviewed on 2/10/2018 Cassi F

Our cake was delicious and the tasting experience was a lot of fun. Terry was a great host!

Reviewed on 12/30/2017 Emily P

We loved working with SugarBakers! The tasting was one of the highlights of our wedding planning experience, we weren't expecting there to be so many choices. The amaretto raspberry cake we chose for our winter wedding was not only delicious but also beautifully decorated with... Read More sugared seasonable berries. They captured our vision perfectly! Highly recommend SugarBakers!!

Reviewed on 12/22/2017 Carolyn S

Working with SugarBakers was great! The tasting was very straightforward and let us try all of our flavor options at once. The rest of the design selection was super easy, and any questions I had later were clearly and promptly answered. The cake was delicious, and we are... Read More looking forward to our first anniversary cake! :)

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Judy J

Loved the cake

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Kristin K

SugarBakers made the cake for our wedding and it was perfection! We had Smith Island Cake and Lemon Cake, the guests loved it. They took inspiration photos from my pinterest and made exactly what I wanted. Anytime we drive by the bakery, we have to stop in to buy a slice of... Read More smith island!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Lindsay L

We worked with Sugar Bakers indirectly through our caterer. The process was different than I expected. I assumed that I'd meet or chat with the bakery and we'd come up with a design for the cake that aligned with my vision for the wedding. I'm not sure if this was the result of... Read More working with them via the caterer, but the process was not very guided. I provided my vision and was sent back three photos of existing cakes. From those, I basically designed my own cake by stitching together photos in Photoshop and hoping it would look good as an actual cake. I didn't feel very confident in this because I am not a cake designer! Throughout the process, Sugar Bakers was very responsive, usually responding the same day. They knew I was feeling confused, and they were willing to change the cake design a few times to make it work for what I wanted. I was a little disappointed though because when I saw my cake on my wedding day, the gold sparkle we'd settled on was actually different and it was the option that I didn't want. The best part though was the cake tasted amazing. I think most wedding cakes actually don't taste that good, but this cake was honestly delicious! I know Sugar Bakers makes delicious and well-designed cakes, and I think the process may have been much smoother if I could have worked with them more directly.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Carrie O

We had the most amazing experience working with sugar bakers cakes. We went in for our tasting a few months ago with Kristin which was both organized and enjoyable. We knew exactly what we wanted, but tasted all the cakes and frostings/fillings anyway, and they were able to... Read More include 2 different fillings that we liked. The cake came out absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing. It was a naked cake (very little frosting) but was not dry at all. The company was so easy to work with. They dropped the cake off to our venue early enough that our florist was able to add flowers. We got so many compliments on the look and taste of the cake. I would use them time and time again!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kellie M

Our cake turned out beautiful and was delicious.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Audrey B

Our cake from SugarBakers was excellent! It was beautiful and exactly as I had imagined, and tasted delicious!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Alicia S

I have the biggest sweet tooth, so I knew I wanted a cake that was not only beautiful but also delicious! SugarBakers excelled at both for a reasonable price. I will be using them again for other events!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Elizabeth S

Our cake was 1) beautiful and 2) delicious! Our friends keep telling us how tasty it was! We had 3 flavors, and one of the flavors was entirely eaten, the 2nd we have some leftover because it was our top tier (the venue froze it for us because I forgot to tell them it was ok to... Read More serve it), and the 3rd is only leftover because it was the last flavor cut and put out. And I am NOT complaining about any leftover cake from this great place!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Kara E

We hired SugarBakers soon after our free tasting at their bakery, where we were blown away by the variety and quality of their samples. We ordered a two-tier, two-flavor (Luscious Lemon and Peach Melba) cake, which was beautifully baked and decorated. The cake itself was... Read More fantastic—a few of our guests commented that it was the best wedding cake they’d ever had and wanted to bring home leftovers for themselves. In particular, we loved their French buttercream, which was perfectly sweet and flavorful but not overly sugary. The only downside is that the delivery fee was almost the cost of the cake itself, but that’s mostly because SugarBakers was located about 2 hours—each way—from our venue. Given the quality of the cake and the fact that they were still willing to work with us despite the distance, we didn’t especially mind the cost. And as a bonus? SugarBakers will also provide a freshly baked one-tier cake for your first wedding anniversary, which we are so excited to receive next year.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Kathleen H

Overall a very pleasant experience. We only did a sweetheart cake, and a fairly simple one, but it was lovely and ready when they said it would be. Reasonably priced too. The only reason I am giving this less than five stars is because I dealt with a very rude woman on the phone... Read More when I was double-checking the status of my order a week before the wedding. She was able to confirm the order, but she did so in a way that was abrupt and unprofessional. Other than that, I had a lovely experience with this vendor.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Grace K

Their cakes are out of this world - our guests couldn't get enough of our wedding cake! We loved working with Amy and the rest of the Sugar Bakers staff.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Jill N

We did not think we were going to have a cake! One caterer called them “dinosaurs” and said everyone was doing dessert bars now. But a coworker said, “But you should still go have cake tastings! Those are fun and free and delicious.” Well, the tasting is how Sugar Bakers reels... Read More you in…damn, if each flavor wasn’t better than the last! Our salesperson brought out a beautiful plate of eleven flavors and additional dollops of the three types of frosting. Of the flavors, four stood out to me as especially delicious: Peach Melba (the best!), Chocolate Mousse Toffee, Amaretto Raspberry, and Red Velvet. I also thought the Lemon Mousse and Strawberry Breeze were quite good. My partner also liked the Toasted Coconut Cream and Cannoli d’Ville flavors; I found them a bit too subtle. For our 100-person wedding, we chose a simple cake of three round tiers, with the bottom tier Peach Melba and the upper tiers Red Velvet, all with French buttercream (rich and silky, and much less sweet than American buttercream, which they also offer if that’s your preference). (We loved those two flavors and their retro-ness fit well with our theme to boot.) Because ANY frosting decoration immediately escalates the price a lot, our salesperson recommended we get it plainly frosted, and then provide ribbon they would put around the base of each layer at no extra charge, and that we provide a cake topper. We did this and it was cute, if a bit plain. Their website offers so many beautiful designs, including incredible stuff with fondant, but of course, fondant doesn’t taste great (guests can peel it away from the buttercream underneath on their serving, if desired) and takes the price from maybe $6/serving to $11-13/serving. It’s too bad because I was enamored of the Pickle Barrel cake on their site and so wanted it for my country fair themed wedding. But ours was cute with the ribbon, flag bunting topper from Etsy, and a few paper pinwheels added by our decorator (to echo the flag bunting in tent and vases of pinwheels as centerpieces). The cake was delicious and we got many compliments on it. We had some to take home and enjoyed it on our own and with friends for several days after. SugarBakers was easy to work with from tasting through delivery, including a few emails and phone calls. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Helen W

SugarBakers is the best in Baltimore, no question. Not only are their cakes delicious, but they are wonderful to work with and the cakes are so incredibly beautiful. I had so much fun at our tasting, and they really listened to what we wanted -- they even printed out a picture... Read More of what I wanted (from Pinterest) right there while we were at our appointment, and then made notes on it to personalize it. I was impressed by the entire experience.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Paige G

A friend recommended SugarBakers for my Baltimore wedding. I arranged a tasting a year in advance. Staff answered all my questions about price points, guest allergies, and cake size. All the potential options were delicious. I opted for one tier of cannoli filling with yellow... Read More and chocolate cake and a top tier of dulce de leche. I even got to taste different butter creams for the outside. SugarBakers coordinated with the restaurant where I had my reception and we had a problem-free delivery and setup. I did not have to handle anything about it. Guests loved the cake and it looked beautiful. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Jerrae B

I made an appointment with them (which also means giving your credit card number to secure your spot), however when I showed up another couple showed up as well & I was told I was not in the appointment book anywhere.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Sara H

Our cake looked just like the picture we submitted and it tasted AMAZING. Thank you for making the cake selection process super easy and stress-free.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Katrina R

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious! The tasting was wonderful, as we were able to sample 3 different buttercreams and 10+ large samples of cake! The cake is moist and delicious. We ordered a two-tiered cake and additional half sheet of the Smith Island Cake with German... Read More Buttercream. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and the guests raved about the cake. A huge hit all around!