Book Your Wedding with Sugarbush Resort

If you and your betrothed are looking for a beautiful place to tie the knot outdoors, Warren, Vermont's Sugarbush Resort is an excellent option. Balancing a rustic mountain charm with luxurious amenities, Sugarbush Resort offers you the full beauty of Vermont's four seasons, including winter snows, spring flowers, summer sun and spectacular fall colors. From taking your wedding photos on a chair lift to enjoying luxury resort accommodations on the wedding night, there are many excellent perks to choosing Sugarbush Resort for your Vermont wedding.

The resort is comprised of several different areas, many of which are available for both ceremonies and receptions. Outdoor mountainside ceremonies are an option when the ski season is not in full swing and there are several indoor celebration areas to choose from as well. From small groups of a dozen or less to weddings with several hundred guests, Sugarbush Resort has the ideal space for your needs.

The Gate House Lodge is a wonderful place for both indoor ceremonies and receptions for groups of up to 300. With tall ceilings, big picture windows and a warm wood-paneled atmosphere, the Gate House Lodge provides elegance with a rustic edge. You and your guests will enjoy mountain views from this part of the resort.

Timbers Restaurant is a round building with an impressive but still warm and comfortable air. Its 45-foot ceiling and unique construction help make this reception or ceremony site an unforgettable choice for your wedding celebration. Timbers Restaurant's many windows help flood the space with natural light.

Castlerock Pub can seat up to 120 guests thanks to its combined indoor and outdoor seating spaces. The pub holds 100 guests with indoor-only seating.

The Sugarbush Inn 's event space includes a dining area that can seat up to 130 guests. There are adjacent areas for standing receptions and dancing, making this a great space for a relaxed reception.

The Mount Ellen Base Lodge is a ski lodge that dates back to the 1960s and features lovely mountain views from its windows and outdoor spaces. Able to accommodate up to 150 seated guests, the Mount Ellen lodge has outdoor areas for a ceremony under the sky.

Sugarbush Resort offers wedding groups the opportunity to enjoy an active resort setting for the wedding celebration. The resort can handle wedding styles ranging from casual to black tie, meaning you can have exactly the kind of wedding celebration you want in this idyllic mountain setting. Decorations such as flowers and outdoor wedding arches are permitted in many of the resort's locations.

The resort's culinary program focuses on the use of locally sourced ingredients. Farm-to-table cuisine is a specialty and the resort's restaurants are capable of producing everything from Thai food to comfort food classics. You will work with event coordinators to develop a customized menu for your wedding event.

There are a number of other benefits you and your guests can enjoy if you plan your wedding at Sugarbush Resort, including:

• Plenty of nearby lodging options, including hotels and rental properties
  • Seasonal outdoor activities include mountain biking, golf, skiing and hiking
  • Resort guests enjoy complimentary access to the property's health and recreation center
  • The resort employs local event coordinators who are familiar with the facility and its rules
  • Event coordinators work with couples all the way through, up to and including the wedding day

A Sugarbush Wedding

Quaint mountain villages. Romantic countryside. Majestic peaks. Spend your wedding or special day in Vermont’s most picturesque landscape. From an informal barbeque to a black tie affair, Sugarbush is the perfect four-season destination for your celebration.

Ballroom, Barn, Country Club, Hotel, Mountain, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1840 Sugarbush Access Rd., Warren, VT (800) 537-8427

Amazing Wedding Weekend!

Reviewed on 6/18/2012 Kristin P

Our wedding weekend at Sugarbush Resort was perfect. Wedding coordinator Tiffany and her staff were very responsive and helpful throughout the planning process, and went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of from the moment we checked in Friday until we... Read More left on Sunday. Very impressed with the level of friendliness and professionalism shown by everyone at Sugarbush.

Perfect Sugarbush wedding!

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Cecilia P

Having our wedding at Sugarbush was everything we ever wanted. It was perfect in every way; it had the best feel, best space, best dance floor, best outdoor wedding options, and best rain plan. The staff was even better. Calli, the wedding coordinator, was so nice, helpful, and... Read More professional. She helped us hammer out countless details leading up to the big day, and then had everything completely under control the day of, which meant we could totally relax and just enjoy. We were also blown away by the rest of the staff, who were all so fabulous and friendly. Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Katie P

My sister had her wedding at Sugarbush a few years ago and had an absolutely wonderful experience, so when my husband and I got engaged it was a no brainer that we would use the same venue. I must say our experience was a bit different than hers. There were quite a few... Read More hiccups in our planning process (the date we requested to be held was accidentally given away to another couple prompting a complete change in our timing, and the venue we wanted (Timber's restaurant) was renovated and no long appropriate for a wedding reception, among many smaller things), however I think the test of a venue is not what goes wrong but how they handle it. In every instance Sugarbush handled the situation as professionally, quickly, and thoroughly as one could ask for. In the end, we had a fantastic wedding in the most beautiful location I can think of. Our wedding coordinator, Calli, gets her own paragraph in this review because she is *absolutely amazing.* Sugarbush is so so lucky to have her. We did most of our planning from a distance (we live down in Boston) and Calli was always available for phone calls and extremely quick to respond to e-mails so we always felt taken care of. In the days leading up to the wedding Calli was amazing at helping me to be sure all my t's were crossed and i's dotted, and every detail had been taken care of. She and her team went above and beyond to insure the room looked amazing for our reception. They assembled all the decorations we brought over precisely, and added to the ambiance with additional candles and decorations that perfectly fit the vision I was going for. Throughout the reception I was repeatedly complemented by our guests on how every possible detail had been thought of, and that was 100% due to Calli. She really took my vision and made it come to life 1,000 times better than I could have done alone. Beyond her obvious skill and coordinating and actually conducting events, Calli has the perfect demeanor for her job. She is so calm, organized and personable that every conversation with her I would come in feeling a little scattered, and leave feeling very calm and sure that everything would be taken care of. Thank you so so much Calli and Sugarbush! We had a great time.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Allison R

The Sugarbush venue was absolutely beautiful and my day of coordinator through the venue kept everything organized and running according to plan. We chose to get married on top of the mountain using the ski lift to get there and I could not have asked for a more perfect place.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Jaclyn H

Best wedding ever - every single aspect was perfect! Chairlift ceremony was unbelievable - our guests loved it. Reception was very well put together, delicious food, the coordinator Callie Willette is amazing - she ensured everything went off without a hitch and was very... Read More supportive through the process. Sugarbush is lucky to have her, as were we!!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Ashley M

Having our wedding at Sugarbush Resort was exactly what we were looking for! We got married end of August and could not have asked for 1) better weather but most importantly 2) the best wedding coordinator. After we locked in the venue with Andrea, we were soon passed off to... Read More Calli for the remainder of the year until our wedding date. Calli has the perfect demeanor and personality for being a wedding coordinator. She is so calm, easy to work with, always answered our questions in detail, and made our big day run smoothly. Since we live in NYC, and weren’t able to come up often, it was nice having Calli be so responsive and easy to speak with when we had questions throughout the year – it put our minds at ease. I felt like she was always right by our side, and made us feel very confident that everything would run well. The staff throughout the weekend was also very accommodating. My dad and brother had an issue with their air conditioning and the hotel immediately put them in a better/larger room for no extra charge. It was little stuff like that, which made everyone’s stay so pleasant! Guests were also able to enjoy the area of Warren and activities on/around the mountain. We highly recommend this venue! From the weather, to the staff, the food (which we had so many compliments on by our guests), to the late night pizza cart, the ceremony at the top of the mountain, to the rehearsal the night before and brunch the day after, not one thing went wrong. It was honestly the most perfect weekend and all of our guests had an absolute blast. We owe our big day going so well to Calli. I cannot say enough great things about her – we were just so pleased.

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Lisa V

Sugarbush was such a special place to get married! Our wedding coordinator Calli was fantastic (seriously, amazing!) and the rest of the staff was friendly and awesome too. We took the chairlift up for pictures, had amazing views from our ceremony site and danced the night away.... Read More I loved that the lodge had big beautiful windows and barn doors (minimal decor needed). We were able to set up a lot the day before and then it was smooth sailing the day of the wedding. It was really great that everyone could stay right onsite. We loved getting married here!

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Katharine M

We were married October 1st, 2016 and it was perfect! Our wedding coordinator, Calli, was absolutely amazing. I planned the wedding from across the country, not easy overall, but much easier thanks to Calli - so flexible, responsive, accommodating and just a wonderful person!... Read More All my guests raved about the whole experience. We had a Welcome Party, Ceremony on the mountain, Reception, and Farewell Brunch. Each part was managed meticulously and I was at complete ease. I cannot recommend them enough.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Kelly L

Sugarbush Resort provided us with our dream wedding destination. We knew we wanted a mountain side ceremony, weather permitting, and Sugarbush has the most perfect green mountain views. Another factor we had to be comfortable with was the back up location if the weather did not... Read More cooperate and Sugarbush has multiple options for indoor ceremony locations. Staff onsite are extremely helpful and so easy to work with. Our guests had a fantastic time and so did we. Looking back, I would not have changed one detail of our entire wedding planning process!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Brianne D

We had an incredible experience planning our wedding at Sugarbush. Our wedding coordinator, Calli, was absolutely amazing - so flexible, responsive, accommodating and just a wonderful person! We met with her several times and she was always so willing to help us with any... Read More special request that we had and dedicate as much time as we needed to talk everything through. She was on top of every detail. The venue itself was perfect for what we wanted - a weekend away for friends and family where we could all be in one spot to make it easy and fun for all of our guests. The beautiful location does not hurt either! Although we had to use our rain backup on the day of our wedding, everything still ran smoothly and Calli helped make our wedding day just as perfect as we imagined. The service was great, we got lots of compliments on the food, and the drinks flowed all night. I would absolutely recommend having your wedding at Sugarbush!

Amazing Wedding Weekend!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Ellen V

We hosted our rehearsal dinner, welcome reception, ceremony and reception, and farewell brunch at Sugarbush during Community Weekend. Having all events under the supervision of our coordinator, Calli, make things incredibly simple. To start, Sugarbush is gorgeous. Unlike other... Read More ski resorts we looked at, Sugarbush keeps their trails well maintained even in summer. The views are stunning and the Gate House Lodge is the perfect combination of rustic elegance. With the surrounding area being so cute and pretty and all the activities of Community Weekend available to us, our guests commented that it was like a mini vacation for them. Lodging options are excellent, at varied price points, and within walking distance. Claybrook, the main lodging, is right next to Gate House making it super convenient. Rooms are enormous and decently priced. Downside was our guests had to call during normal office hours to book, though we saw that another wedding had an online booking code, which would have made things easier. All the staff were absolutely wonderful to work with. Bruce, the wine manager, and Shawn, the bar manager, ensured we got exactly the wine and beer we wanted. The facilities guys were great and patient in setting up on top of the mountain. The coordinator, Calli, I cannot rave enough about. Due to staff turnover, I didn't start by working with her, but when she was assigned our wedding, we went all the notes she had been given, she asked a few questions, and that was it - she had it under control. I would randomly email her an entire list of unrelated questions, and she would get back to me quickly, without batting an eye. I credit the weekend running as smoothly as it did completely to her. At the end of the night, after returning to our room, she had even left for us all the gifts, some food, and slices of cake. It was those extra touches that made her help truly special.

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Caitlin B

For starters, Sugarbush provides a planner as part of the wedding package. This is invaluable. Our planner, Calli Willette, was exceptional and met our every needs. On the wedding day, Calli set everything up and helped coordinate all the other vendors reducing our stress... Read More level. We originally had planned on having our ceremony outside in the upper field. It unfortunately was cold and rainy, but the transition to the inside location (Timbers) was seamless and did not look like a "B" location. Timbers was a beautiful location and presented a very intimate ceremony. The food, service and lodging were all excellent. Sugarbush was very accommodating for all of our out of town guests and even accommodated RV parking for those camping. It was a first class experience.

Mountainside Ceremony

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Carla P

My husband and I were married at the top of the Gate House chair, with our reception at Timbers restaurant. We chose Sugarbush because we are skiers and Sugarbush has sentimental value for us. Also because Killington couldn't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that we... Read More wanted to get married ON the mountain! While we were thrilled with the venue itself, we were disappointed in some aspects of the execution. Part of our disappointment may have been due to the fact that we were passed around to three different wedding coordinators before finally settling on our final one, who was overloaded with events due to our previous coordinator quitting with no notice, two weeks before our wedding! We had a very specific vision for our reception and while the staff at Timbers did a wonderful job of catering to our non-traditional reception ideas, we felt that some of the nuances of our passed hors d'oeuvres reception were lost in translation from one coordinator to the next. We were also frustrated that we had to travel 2 hours to Sugarbush 3 times to meet with 3 different coordinators in an effort to ensure that our vision was understood each time we were passed on to a new person, with no effort made to address the fact that we were inconvenienced because of their staffing issues. Overall, the venue is amazing, was exactly what we were looking for! Just make sure you take very diligent notes when you meet with sales to ensure everything you are promised is passed on accurately to your coordinator, and update those notes each time you talk with your coordinator, as you may need to have the same conversation again! Oh, and if you have an after-party, don't do it at Castlerock Pub - the bartender was so aggressively rude to my Maid of Honor when she asked if he could play a song for us that she was in tears!

Absolutely the best venue in Vermont

Reviewed on 7/04/2014 Meg P

From my first meeting to select the venue through my wedding day Sugarbush exceeded all of my expectations. It is a true full season resort with amazing buildings and beautiful landscaping in the summer. I looked at many venues in Vermont (the Round Barn, Shelburne Farms, etc)... Read More and Sugarbush was by far the most convenient for guests, most beautiful, and (best of all!!) an amazing value for the price - a rare combination. Their team worked tirelessly to make sure our wedding was exactly what we envisioned - Calli and Andrea made sure everything was perfect and patiently dealt with every tiny question/concern/request I had. Every guest was amazed by the entire event and I was amazed by the quality. It looked like a much more expensive wedding than our actual cost. They even provided beautiful decor in addition to what I brought myself. I can't recommend Sugarbush highly enough. A well kept secret in the beautiful Vermont countryside. If you're trying to decide and have only been in the winter for skiing, try and visit in the summer - it's stunning.

Would not reccomend

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Jocelyn B

My husband and I were married on October 13th, 2013. We choose Sugarbush for the beautiful outside ceremony space and the promise of a private ceremony and reception. Seven days before our wedding, I was told by the wedding planner that Sugarbush's first annual October Fest... Read More was scheduled on the day of my wedding. I was told my ceremony and cocktail hour site's would have to move. Five days before the wedding, this was sorted out-somewhat. Security guards were hired for my wedding, there were several emails back and forth advocating to the Sugarbush staff why we did not want October Fest guests directly near our ceremony (which we had been promised would be private). Four days before my wedding, we were told Sugarbush had purchased new tables earlier in the year and the seating arrangements were had made would not make. Unfortunately, we had handmade the table numbers with corresponding place settings. This was sorted out after my husband explained the math and make a diagram for the Sugarbush staff. Just before I walked down the aisle, there were approximately twenty people (not wedding guests) who were standing directly next to my ceremony. When asked to have those people cleared out (as we had previously discussed and had in writing) the wedding planner rolled her eyes, and told me, the bride that once I walked down the aisle they would leave. When I began to cry and my mom went to ask the people to clear out, the wedding planner then went outside to ask them leave. While my husband was waiting for me to walk down the aisle, a October Fest guest who was drunk, spilled beer on a groomsman and then attempted to give my husband wedding advice. After the wedding, we never contacted to ask about experience. I have never been so disappointed. I understand that things will never go perfectly, however an apology and basic customer service was all were asking for. I would NEVER recommend getting married at Sugarbush.

2013-11-19T13:58:33 Response from the vendor

We are sorry the ceremony location you chose did not meet your expectations. Other options were presented to avoid public impact. We did meet with your family after the wedding and apologies were made for the inconvenience. Best of luck to you and your husband.

My snowy fall wedding

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Kathleen W

What a beautiful venue! Gorgeous views of the mountain. The accommodations were new and fabulous!

sugarbush = beautiful

Reviewed on 9/20/2011 Randi B

sugarbush resort was fantastic. not only is it beautiful, but the food and atmosphere are to die for! the wedding coordinator was an absolute doll, and incredible to work with!

perfect day!

Reviewed on 8/21/2011 maura g

We had a wonderful wedding at Sugarbush and I would highly recommend them as a wedding venue. Every detail was taken care of and the service was impeccable. The food at Timbers was delicious, we had many, many guests comment on how perfect everything was-from the guest rooms,... Read More to the food to the friendliness of staff. I could go on an on about how helpful everyone was and how smoothly everything went. The only sligjhtly negative thingI could say is that at times, during planning, there were some communication issues and mixed messages from different staff members. Just make sure you have everythign in writing and all is communicated to you clearly. None of these issues ended up being a major problem and they had no impact at all on what a perfectly, wonderful wedding we had.

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Paige S

It is definitely worth every penny to have a wedding at Sugarbush. Our every need was taken care of, and the day went off without a hitch due to our wonderful wedding coordinator Tiffany and the rest of the staff. I can't say enough about how attentive they are to detail and... Read More how beautiful they keep the resort.

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Nicole M

Sugarbush is the perfect place to have a wedding. The venue was amazing, the food was out of this world and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty. I would recommend Sugarbush highly.