Sundara, LLC

Boones Mill , VA

Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

453 Apple Road, Boones Mill , VA (540) 266-1500

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Megan W

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue! It’s absolutely gorgeous and it was the perfect setting for our mountain wedding!

2017-11-07T10:12:30 Response from the vendor

It was truly a pleasure to be a part of your wedding! Thank you for taking the time to write this great review!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Lindley H

It was the minute we visited Sundara for the first time that we knew our venue search was over, and Sundara did not disappoint. Sundara was absolutely the perfect venue! We could never have imagined our day being so perfect. Everything about the day was spectacular, from the... Read More venue, food, help, weather, decor, music, etc. The venue provided an absolutely gorgeous backdrop for the ceremony, and the entire night was more than we could have ever imagined. We have received countless compliments on how great the venue was. It provided the perfect accommodations for our guests. Additionally, the food from Blue Ridge Catering was fantastic! Our guests absolutely loved the stations and the food left our guests talking! Thank you to Sundara and their staff for giving us the most perfect day!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Rikki C

I just want to say thank you to Tom and Patty for allowing us brides to have our dream weddings in such a storybook setting. Sundara is picture perfect. This is true because I have plenty of pictures to prove it :) Your home is truly one of the most beautiful places I've ever... Read More been. Thank you for all of your kindness and hospitality. From the start, Rodney and I always felt welcomed and Sundara will always be a special place in our hearts thanks to you both. To Cari, you did a fantastic job keeping me sane through out the past year. Everything went perfectly for our wedding, and I owe a lot of it to you. Everyone, and I mean everyone, came to me raving about what an awesome job you and your staff did and how pleased they were with everything! The food from Blue Ridge Catering was absolutely delicious. Please give my best to Mark and his staff and extend my sincere appreciation. Like my vows, I could go and on, but I just really want you all to know how genuinely happy and grateful I am to have found Sundara...

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 George H

My daughter just got married May 20, 2017. I can't imagine a better place to hold a wedding. The venue, staff, and catering were all spectacular. A lovely and special place.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Ashley N

I just got married on May 7th, 2016 at Sundara. I cannot say enough about this beautiful venue. Not only is it breathtaking, the staff is absolutely amazing! They made sure everything was perfect on our special day, and I didn't have to worry about a thing! Especially Cari... Read More Dones, the coordinator for Sundara- I seriously couldn't have done it without her. She handled everything and the day went so smoothly. It was everything my husband and I envisioned for our wedding day, and we are so glad we choose Sundara!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Kaitlyn N

It all started when my husband and I came to Sundara's open house in November 2014. Both of us fell instantly in love with the venue. From the huge magnolia tree, to the mountain backdrop, to the decorative lighting outside, and the Glamping Tent. My parents always had a vision... Read More for me to get married at Smith Mountain Lake since I was a little girl. That all changed when we stepped foot on Sundara. The planning process went so smoothly thanks to all of Patty and Kim's help!! Our rehearsal dinner was even at Sundara. We wanted our whole weekend to be at this beautiful/incredible place. We couldn't have picked a better team to work with: Patty, and Kim, Blue Ridge Catering, Kemper Mills Fant Photography, Michael's Videography, Creative Occasions, RSP Entertainment, Thomas Dunn Studios, Brambleton Studios, Mary Oglivive and the list goes on! Our wedding day was absolutely INCREDIBLE!! The whole day felt like a fairytale! The weather was perfect. One huge shout out to Mark Frye at Creative Occasions. He completely surprised me and had my favorite flowers which are peonies in my bridal bouquet. DJ Flex with RSP Entertainment had everyone on the dance floor the WHOLE night! The linens, the chandelier in the reception tent, the flowers, and every little detail was so perfect. I will forever remember the moment we were taking pictures with Kemper and I was told we needed to just look around and soak in how everything looked, how happy we both are smiling ear to ear, and to look at each other and have a couple moments alone as husband and wife. Those moments were perfect. I felt like a total princess. Everything was beyond how I visioned how our wedding day would be. The food from Blue Ridge Catering was amazing and we can't thank Sara and Jen so much for all their help. We spent our wedding night in the beautiful Glamping Tent at Sundara. People looked at us crazy when we would tell them where we were spending our wedding night because of the hot weather in August. We are SO incredibly glad that we chose to spend our wedding night in the Glamping Tent as husband and wife. Will and I simply didn't want to leave Sundara after our reception was over, we wanted to soak in the beautiful venue even more. Anyone can spend their wedding night in a hotel, but we will always have the amazing memory of spending our wedding night in the Glamping Tent. We both woke up the morning after our wedding and with the biggest smile, we couldn't have chose a more perfect venue. Will and I keep talking about how perfect/incredible our wedding day was and how we will have these memories to cherish forever at Sundara. August 8th, 2015 will forever be the best day of our lives!!! <3 Much Love- Kaitlyn and Will King <3

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Claire B

Booking with Sundara was the best wedding decision - besides my choice of husband - that I ever made. Sundara is absolutely stunning! Their eye for detail is awe-inspiring. Every one of my guests mentioned how impressed they were with the site. Patty, the owner, and Kim, the... Read More wedding planner/coordinator extraordinaire, are my heroes! They truly made the wedding day perfect. They also made it very easy with us, through their vendor suggestions. Additionally, their wedding package includes almost everything, so the process was super easy. The staff at Sundara is very professional and fun. I want to do it all over again!

Perfect

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Kelly N

This place is the best. It is beautiful and the people who work there are amazing. They will help you with anything you need and are super flexible and creative. Amy and Patty are so wonderful to work with. I can not say enough great things about the staff and the venue. It is... Read More beautiful out there. Perfect night!

Weather depending, it is PERFECT :)

Reviewed on 5/19/2014 Paige H

We loved our experience with the owners. The mountains, the surrounding orchards, the old storybook trees on the property sold us, but more than anything was the loving nature of Patty and Tom. We were lucky to have great weather, and even if it was raining the tent would be... Read More the option. Though if it had been rainy, all the money put into the venue would go down the drain as a huge tent fee. If the weather is prime and beautiful, Sundara is exquisite. The video on the website captures Sundara's beauty, but it truly is more beautiful in person. Call ahead and Patty will let you visit :) Other than being overly expensive, it's a lovely place to exchange vows.

perfect outdoor wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Ann H

Sundara is stunningly beautiful and absolutely a one-stop shop for wedding planning. With onsite staff and event coordinator, they are enthusiastic partners in creating your wedding day. It was completely stress free and gorgeous! You will pay more for the convenience of... Read More having everything in one place, but it is worth every penny. You are paying for not only the services and the venue but the expertise and professional relationships that they have cultivated through years in the wedding industry.

Amazing natural setting with the best team!

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Cait L

Patty and the team at Sundara are amazing! There wasn't one thing they couldn't do. From the planning meetings to the sendoff, they were attending to every detail, making sure our day was picture perfect. The venue is absolutely stunning with the natural beauty of the mature... Read More trees and the fields backing up to the mountains. Our guests were in awe with how picturesque the setting was. Our night at Sundara could not have been better!

Elegant Casual

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Bob P

I'm not sure if you could combine elegance and casual but this place has to top the list. Great scenic views in a very idyllic setting. It doubles as a wedding venue and reception site. The tent they have was fantastic with its own lighting and sound system. The various little... Read More features they had around the property is what ultimately sold us like the candles in mason jars hanging from the trees. The people who own this property were very easy and pleasant to work with and all of our guests have uniformly said that the site we chose was absolutely the best they've ever been to in their entire lives. I couldn't agree more.

so beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/08/2013 Emily R

there are so many beautiful spots for the ceremony and pictures. under the tent is a wonderful reception spot, with plenty of room for a large wedding. the staff were very helpful and provided a lot of good ideas! received so many compliments on this venue!

MOST Beautiful Venue!!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Heather H

We love Sundara!!! Every aspect of it is the perfect setting for a dream wedding! Patty and her team are so professional and have the set up down to a T. They make it so stress free that you don't have to worry about a thing. The grounds are amazing and you have so many choices... Read More for which part of the property you want to use for your ceremony. The tent is gorgeous!! We had so many compliments at our wedding at how beautiful it was. We would recommend Sundara to any bride looking to make her magical day as special as possible! We would get married at Sundara 100 more times if we could!! I cant say enough about Patty and her amazing wedding venue! Thank you for making our day so wonderful!

Dream Venue

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Whitney C

Sundara is everything and more you could hope for in a wedding venue. The breathtaking scenery complete with magnolia trees and lavender bushes creates an intimate setting that is the perfect backdrop for any wedding or event. It serves as a blank canvas for the bride to create... Read More the look and feel she's always dreamed off. Working with Patty was a breeze - she's accessible, attentive, and guarantees your event goes off without a hitch. Her help is magnificent and not a single detail is left out. I can't say enough wonderful things about my experience!

Absolutely the Best Choice...

Reviewed on 12/07/2012 Tiffani M

Sundara is absolutely the best choice a bride can make with planning her wedding. The staff there is remarkable at making sure your wedding day is perfect. We had some rough patches the day of our wedding, Patty and her staff were there to help us through every issue. She guided... Read More us through picking our vendors and helped narrow the decision making. There are somethings I would do differently on my wedding day, vendors that I chose would be one however, picking Sundara as our location would not be one of them. It makes me smile every time friends and family tell us how beautiful our wedding was and the location is the key. Good luck brides.

Sundara is First Rate!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Gale J

When we visited Sundara, we knew this lovely site was the perfect feel & look for our daughter's wedding. Serene, beautiful, romantic, historic, & inviting--that's the property. Warm, friendly, dependable, supportive, & positive--that's Patty, the owner. From the first visit... Read More through take down, Patty exemplified an easy demeanor, ready smile, can-do positivity, & total reliability. She has a calm, reassuring demeanor to worried, stressed mothers-of the bride, like me, who needed guidance and reassurance. She never said a negative word but was always appropriately helpful, and found was to bring out the best suggestions and outcomes. Our wedding was in the fall, but as the planning months went along, Patty allowed me to peek at the grounds & facilities to help me visualize and plan our event. Never were the grounds & tent anything short of gorgeous & pristine in all seasons. She has the experience and ability to trouble-shoot any weather-related challenges. Patty is so dependable that anything she said would happen did happen exactly as planned. She and her staff were first rate & so easy to work with. Any time I contacted her by email she was very quick to respond, making communication effortless. Our ceremony was outside under the old, giant poplar tree, just perfect, but there were several other equally beautiful sites for the ceremony. For the reception the beautiful tent was first-rate, & just gorgeous when lit up. Although our fall wedding did not require back-up heat by commercial kerosene heaters in the tent, it was reassuring as an option. The tent sound system was first-rate, making the reception music and dancing so much fun. Guests loved the valet parking and available handicapped assistance per golf cart. Sundara has beautiful vistas everywhere you look, from a mountain vista, to the manicured flower gardens, to the old poplar and magnolia trees. Even in late October, roses and other flowers still bloomed. Sundara and the staff involved make this a first-rate wedding and event wedding venue, far better than anything else. Patty can recommend excellent vendors for catering and linens as well, and she works so well with vendors for a seamless, perfect outcome. You will not regret having your wedding or event at Sundara. But don't wait to book your event-- Sundara is popular and will fill up very quickly.

Like a Fairytale!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Mary J

I got married at Sundara in August, and the one word I would use to describe the experience would be a "fairytale." I happened upon an ad for Sundara while looking through a bridal magazine, and my fiancé and I went to visit it in December. Even with the bare trees, brown grass,... Read More and no flowers, we could immediately tell that is was a gorgeous venue and we couldn't imagine that if it looked that great when everything was dead in the winter, it had to look beautiful during its prime season! Patty, the owner was very sweet and helpful, and had great suggestions for the violinist, caterer, flowers, cake, and insurance. She also gave us a discount for paying up front. The price was a little high, but it was well worth it! Our wedding was the second week of August and the trees gave just the right amount of shade. The flowers and shrubbery were impeccable, and the house was gorgeous and had very spacious, quaint rooms for me and my fiancé to get ready in. He had a "man cave" with a pool table, and I had a wrap around porch, bedroom, and swing. The white chairs and trellis were beautiful for the ceremony, and Patty was very laid back and accommodating on the day and in all of our correspondences. The grounds-keeper, Roger was also just the sweetest man, and he was always hiding behind the scenes, waiting to hear how he could make our big day better. He strung mason jars and candles from all of the trees and patiently listened to every idea I had for decorating. The tent was also a great hit! The cathedral windows were gorgeous, the sound system was perfect for our DJ, the cobblestone floor was perfect for dancing, and the colors inside the tent changed with the music. Surrounding the tent were paths, stairs, gardens, and nooks where guests could explore and visit, and the field behind the house was perfect for pictures. There was even a fire pit for s'mores, and Patty made sure we had everything from a fire attendant, to tent and parking attendants throughout the night. There was also the perfect back entrance for a sparkler-filled getaway! Patty also had so many great, vintage items that I could borrow or rent, including a GORGEOUS, antique cupcake stand, and a claw tub for beer and alcohol. There was also a separate building for the caterer, and all of my vendors kept commenting that they loved working at Sundara with Patty. My guests kept commenting that Sundara seemed MADE to be a wedding venue, and even now, months after the wedding, they continue to tell me how movie-like and fairytale-esque the wedding was. Many said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Sundara was absolutely a dream venue and I can't imagine being married anywhere else! Thank you so much, Patty and Roger!! Love, Mary and Jared

A DREAM COME TRUE

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Lisa W

As the mother of the bride all I wanted was for my daughter to have the perfect day,nothing but the best!!! Sundara was and is that place. The day started with blue skies, but the ceromony wasn't until 6 pm and the afternoon showers set in,even with the rain it was a... Read More beautiful,beautiful event.They say if it rains on your wedding day it brings you luck,so we didn't mind. We all enjoyed the event had a wonderful time and everything went perfectly great. I would 110% recommend Sundara to any parent or bride who is looking for that special place to have their wedding or any special event. Sundara is that special place,it's beautiful in the sping or in the fall.A completely top notch place.Patty is one awesome lady too!! So helpful in every way. This was truely a great day for my daughter and her new husband !! Could not of asked for a more perfect day and a perfect venue!!!

Perfect Venue for Our VA Destination Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/14/2012 Leanne O

We had just moved to Virginia when we started planning our wedding, so I wanted to have a nice place for our out-of-town guests to enjoy not only our wedding, but feel like they were getting a true Virginia vacation! With Sundara, we got the whole package! From the moment we met... Read More Patty, I knew that this was where we would say "I Do." From the beautiful landscape, the gorgeous tent, the awesome vendor recommendations, and the day of accommodations, we really got treated like we were royalty. Our weather was beautiful for the ceremony, but I felt like Patty's staff was ready for any inclement weather that might head our way. The tent is so beautiful and the LED lighting really sets the mood and adds so much to the decor (pictures turned out awesome). As for our reception, the temperature dropped after dark, and in no time the tent sides were dropped and a heater was moved in. Also, my grandfather needed extra assistance moving from the parking area to the ceremony, tent to the bathroom, etc. The staff provided him with a ride in their golf cart any time he needed it. I couldn't have asked for a better place to bring our two families together to celebrate! It was so much more than we could have ever expected. Thank you, Patty!

Everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Emily M

First of all, Sundara is a beautiful venue! When we looked at it, Patty was so helpful in reviewing rates and other things that would be necessary such as additional rentals. It was the first and only venue we looked at, but we fell in love with it and booked immediately. We... Read More did book over a year in advance because this venue books quickly. We had our cocktail hour and reception at Sundara, but they also accommodate ceremonies as well. The weather the day of our wedding was touch and go. When we showed up at the reception it was spitting rain and really windy. They had the tent sides down and were fully prepared for anything. 10 minutes into the cocktail hour the sun came out and the weather was perfect ... all of a sudden the tent sides came up! I never saw a worker even though they were there making sure everything went well. The bathrooms are in a little house so they are offset from the main area which is nice. They are spacious and have toiletries which was a nice addition, specially for women who needed hairspray! The tent was even more beautiful when the sun began to set and they lit the inside - it showed so well. I cannot say enough good things about Sundara ... I had NO problems what so ever. If you are looking for a beautiful wedding/reception setting around the Roanoke, VA area, this is the place to book. It was also the perfect setting for pictures. They have everything put together and are true professionals. Patty is so helpful, she answered every email (I sent a lot) kindly and efficiently. Love them!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 5/28/2012 Hope M

If you are anywhere near Boones Mill, Virginia and want an outdoor wedding this is THE PLACE!!! Sundara is an absolutely gorgeous venue with great views of the mountains and beautiful landscaping. The staff at Sundara are incredibly helpful and friendly. They really make you... Read More feel like you are the most important person there and they will do anything to help you. I could not have asked for a better place to get married!

Beautiful landscapes!

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Chazity J

I love Sundara. The views are absolutely breath-taking, and you couldn't ask for a more friendly staff. I did not appreciate being rushed to clean up the day after my wedding, when I was told that I would have the place for the week. I also did not appreciate that the owner... Read More was not present for my wedding. Prices can add up, as you have to pay for the tent as well as the venue, and you need to keep in mind the price for ice and other items that are not conveniently included in an outdoor location. Other than that, I was very happy with the venue.

2011-11-11T12:51:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your comments. We have taken note of your concerns.Hope all is well.Patty

Sundara

Reviewed on 9/06/2011 Renee G

We loved everything about Sundara. The staff was very helpful and the location was gorgeous!

Sundara Rocks!

Reviewed on 7/19/2011 Betsy W

The overall response from our wedding was that Sundara was like something from a movie- everyone LOVED the setting. Even putting that aside- I loved working with Patty. She helped organize our big day, and her staff was amazing with getting everything set up. I would never even... Read More consider getting married somewhere else. It was a truley magical spot. My only suggestion would be to possibly hire a day-of coordinator, or designate someone to check on the little details that matter to you and make sure you're where you need to be at specific times. Seriously- this place is amazing.