Sunset Gardens

Ballroom

3931 E. Sunset Rd., Las Vegas, NV

Perfect!

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Mayra b

We were married here in August 2013. Everything was great! The staff took care of us very well on the day of the wedding. They checked up on us all throughout the night to see if we wanted more food or drinks. Tony was also a big help, he really made us feel confident that... Read More everything was going to be perfect, which it was. Since the package is all inclusive, there wasn't much for us to worry about. Everything was very organized and ran smoothly. The photographer was great as well, he made sure to get all of the shots that we asked for. Kathy the cake lady did an awesome job. When we saw our cake for the first time, it looked a lot better than what we had imagined it to be, and it was absolutely delicious. DJ Syd kept the party going and had most of the songs that were being requested by the guests. Overall, we have no complaints.

One Happy Bride

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Amanda S

I couldn't thank Sunset Gardens enough for all of their hard work for my wedding. I was such a crazy bride, calling every week with the same questions, just to make sure everything was in order & would go off without an issue! They were extremely helpful & reassuring each time I... Read More called. Michelle is such a gem, I couldn't have asked for a better partner in crime with all of the wedding details! The food was outstanding!! Everything was fresh, service was great & the hostess staff was extremely attentive to not just my guests, but to us as well!!! :-) I could go on and on forever about this venue, but to sum it up, great people, great location, great food & just a gorgeous wedding!

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Stacey C

Since I live in Pennsylvania, I found Sunset Gardens online and took a chance. Once I arrived in Las Vegas and saw the venue, it completely exceeded my expectations. We were married outside under the gazebo, which was beautiful once the sun went down. The reception was decorated... Read More wonderfully and the food was a complete hit. I had guests talking about that meal for days. There were only two things I wasn't completely happy with. One, I didn't choose to extend my reception for an additional hour, which was entirely my fault for thinking three hours was long enough. And I was told by staff to expect a bill at the end of the night for gratuity, we pulled out cash as a method of payment. Unfortunately, rather then them give us a bill, they just automatically deducted the amount from the debit card they had on record without talking to us about it first. Two very minor details though. Overall, I couldn't have been happier with our decision to have our special day at Sunset Gardens. I would hihgly recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Gina M

Best.Wedding.Ever. My husband and I live in Nashville, and had spent about a year looking at local venues. We were completely burnt out and just over the whole process and how much even a small wedding was going to cost, and began discussing not having a wedding at all. At one... Read More point, the topic of Vegas came up. We both thought that a Vegas wedding equals a drive-thru chapel with an Elvis officiant, but soon realized that wasn't the case. After making the decision to have a Vegas wedding, we found Sunset Gardens. At first, we were skeptical because it seemed too good to be true, but they had so many fantastic reviews that we felt confident with our choice. I won't lie, the idea of choosing a wedding venue that I wouldn't be able to see in person until the day before the wedding gave me serious anxiety, but Sunset Gardens made the process so painless that my fears were quickly erased. Every time we called them, we felt assured that every detail would be taken care of. They even let us mail some items over there ahead of time, so we didn't have to bring everything on the plane. The day before the wedding, we stopped by Sunset to see the place, and I was stunned! The pictures that you see online are beautiful. but still do not do it justice. Michelle was our day-of coordinator, and oh my God she was just wonderful! I can't even put into words how helpful she was, and made sure that every possible need was taken care of. Dale was our DJ and Pastor Larry was our officiant, and they were great as well. We were worried that a lot of our guests wouldn't dance, but Dale kept the party going the entire time. I cannot express enough how happy I am that we chose Sunset Gardens. Our entire guest list (including my husband and me) were from out of town, and they just made everything so convenient. My husband and his groomsmen walked next door to pick up their tuxes after our rehearsal, and returned them the morning after the wedding. All of our guests kept commenting on how much fun they were having, and loved how everything was in one place. Our special day was perfect, and it was thanks to Sunset Gardens and their awesome team!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kendra K

I was planning a destination wedding from the east coast, and was a bit concerned. Sunset Gardens made it all so easy, and their prices were incredible. The space is absolutely beautiful--we don't have our pictures back yet, but even the phone pictures our friends took capture... Read More the magical garden with its twinkle lights. Also, Tony and Michelle were SO great to work with. We had a few extra things (our own centerpieces, an extra performer, and the like), but they handled it all without any issue. Also--the food was fantastic. All of our guests raved about it. The prime rib is DEFINITELY worth the upcharge. I don't know how I would have planned this thing from 2500 miles away without an all-inclusive venue like this, and I was concerned that it would feel plastic--but it all was just like us. The one issue we had was the DJ, Syd, while super nice and good at keeping the party going, wasn't my very favorite. There was smooth jazz played during dinner (who does that?), and I had a specific version of our parent's dance I wanted played--which he did...but he got from youtube. How do I know, you ask? I had sent a copy of the song to him via email because it's only done live, and the youtube versions all have that live banter and screaming at the beginning. It worked out fine--but that was a little awkward as I stood there with my dad and him with his mom while there was 20-30 seconds of banter and screaming. It wasn't a huge deal, and it all worked out fine, and again, otherwise he was great--he played the songs I'd specifically asked for in addition to traditional wedding party music, and he kept the dancing going very well. That said, I may have tried to take the reins a little more on that situation if I were to do it again.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Katie M

Absolutely the best. Samantha was awesome. Very professional. Made planning a destination wedding very easy. I recommend spending the extra and adding up lighting to the room.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Jonathon A

My husband and I got married here 8/20/2016 and we had an amazing experience from start to finish. EVERYONE at Sunset Gardens was fantastic and extremely helpful. I spoke to Ryan many many times on the phone, (didn't have the chance to meet him) with all my crazy questions and... Read More he was always more than happy to help me. Kathy was sweet and the cake was beautiful and more perfect than what I imagined. My hairstylist and makeup artist from Joleon made me look EXCELLENT! She knows what she is doing and I'm sorry I forgot your name; it started with a V! Vanessa or Veronica...? I was nervous. I'm sorry! Our photographer Steve and the videographer were wonderful and PATIENT and they really made sure to take every shot you could imagine. Dj Syd (Sid?) was great too! Everything was played exactly spot on, our dance music was excellent and he hosted our day as a pro! I am running out of adjectives. Reverend L. Paul? Was charming and made our ceremony sweet and memorable. The set-up crew were wonderful as well! They set up the reception room for us and my centerpieces I brought, the signs I made, etc were all placed beautifully and they exceeded my expectations. My flowers and bouquets from Petals also blew me away. The gazebo was stunning and our bouquets were more than I expected. I took a hundred pictures of the flowers. I loved it all! Our wedding was more than perfect and it was too much fun- thanks to every single person and venues that helped us. Bartenders were awesome too. We had our own server and she was sweet as heck and constantly brining us everything we needed. The food was DELICIOUS! Too good! Great, beautiful memories were made on this day. I would do it all over again in a heart beat. Price was also very affordable. :)

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Dawn K

Sunset Gardens was overall a beautiful place. Planning a destination wedding is not easy Sunset made it very easy, Tony, Michelle, Ryan and the rest of the team were absolutely awesome. I had an opportunity to see the venue in February and our wedding was in August and the... Read More stress was immediately gone once I arrived. I cannot thank them enough. My family and friends had an amazing time and we are so grateful for such a wonderful day.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016

Despite some issues, staff was able to work through them with me and everything was resolved in the end. Staff reached out and made me feel comfortable. Would highly recommend for future brides.

2016-08-08T12:32:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Ivana. First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the confusion and inconvenience that this experience has caused you. Though we’ve been here for 33 years and have had thousands of happy couples get married here... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Ashley C

We cannot say enough good things about this place! Tony made sure we got exactly what we wanted. All we had to do was show up! It was the most perfect, storybook day.

Reviewed on 3/27/2016 Vanessa O

They were amazing and made everything so easy for us. The dj they had was great and the food was superb!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Amanda C

The staff at Sunset Gardens Las Vegas was absolutely amazing! A huge thank you to Ryan, Michelle, and Gigi!

They Do it All

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Jessica Z

When we first chose to do a Destination Wedding in Las Vegas I didn't want a drive up wedding chapel. I did some research online and we fly out to pick a spot. I spoke with the owner Tony on the phone to make an appointment and he suggested I come to Sunset Gardens last. I'm... Read More glad I did because it was great and we booked it then and there. When you first pull in it looks like it's in a strip mall but don't let the outside fool you, it's beautiful and large inside. This place does everything for you onsite. I think I stressed out a little bit because I couldn't believe they actually had everything onsite...they did. It was great that it was off the strip since I heard a lot of complaints of having weddings in casinos/resorts since people are constantly leaving and going out to the casino. It was a short taxi ride away from the hotels on the strip. Our package for 50-70 guests included: Ceremony: We chose their indoor chapel which is beautiful. They have an outdoor gazebo option which fits a larger group but we were sold on the beautiful chapel and actually made our guest list smaller for the chapel option. The chapel is so beautiful and classic that you don't need to spend the money adding additional decorations and flowers. Many florists I spoke with said every since the chapel was remodeled they really don't see a need for the extra flowers. (Money saved to put elsewhere) Open Bar & Champagne Toast: This was a must have for us and it was reasonably priced. Most of the venus we looked at the cost of an open bar was thousands. Food: The food was delicious. I really don't remember eating much that evening but my parents were impressed. We chose the carving station and after reading reviews selected the prime rib. My family from cattle country was impressed. Wedding Coordinator: Michelle was our wedding coordinator. We spoke with her over the phone to handle everything and we met with her the day before the wedding. She took care of everything! Letting me know when to go where and direct the evening. Minister was included but we brought our own. (Pastor in my family) Table Linens, Chair Covers and Bows: Many colors to pick from that you can personalize. Wedding Music and DJ. Photography Package Bridal Suite (Getting Ready) Credits for Tux, some flowers. Sunset Gardens was the best choice I could have made for my venue. You really get a lot for your money here and their our so many options to create the experience you want for your wedding. Tony, Michelle and the rest of the Sunset Gardens staff were great.

a perfect wedding at Sunset Gardens

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Sean G

We were in a bit of a bind when our original wedding venue closed on us less than a month before our wedding date. We found Sunset Gardens, saw it had good reviews, and thought we would give them a try. We met with the owner and were immediately impressed with his experience and... Read More attentiveness. It was clear that he takes a lot of pride in Sunset Gardens, and only works with tried and true vendors. Within no time, we had arrangements for the officiant, the catering, the cake, the DJ, the flowers, etc. To be honest, I feared that because the package we got was so reasonably priced, and because it including everything, I thought we were in for a mediocre and impersonal experience. I could not have been more wrong. On the day of the event, SG greatly exceeded our expectations. The venue is quite beautiful and tasteful, and really did not require any additional decorating. The food was delicious, and there was something for everyone. Our wedding day coordinator, and all of the catering staff were professional, experienced, and very attentive. The DJ did a superb job of playing our requests, and building on them. Our wedding cake was another stand out; both delicious and beautiful. We consider ourselves lucky to have found SG. They really did a stand-out job, and we would recommend them to anyone.

Dream come true venue

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Whitney J

The chapel at this place is beautiful, especially at night. The staff were so nice and willing to meet my every need and demand. Tony was awesome I couldn't have asked for a better person to help throughout the whole process. The food was amazing and the DJ rocked the party all... Read More night long!!! Best night of my life!!!!

Destination Wedding of my Dreams

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Raina M

We traveled from Michigan to our wedding in Las Vegas. Booking a wedding over the phone and online can be stressful. You're not really sure what you're getting, and all you have to go by are other reviews. Well let me tell you, Sunset Gardens was above and beyond way more... Read More elegant, beautiful, and helpful than I could have ever imagined. I was never once stressed throughout the whole process. The flowers turned out beautiful, the cake was amazing, the food was hands down the best wedding food I've ever had. Drinks were flowing all night and the DJ kept us on the floor. The photographer stayed the entire night and I just got my wedding CD. Pictures turned out great. We did the candle lit indoor ceremony. I'm so happy we went that route. It was very intimate. The staff was very friendly and incredibly helpful. If I could do it all over again I'd stick with this place. Couldn't be happier.

The Venue

Reviewed on 6/14/2013 Lindsey S

I loved the Sunset Garden - however I was a little unsatisfied with the price. I had to prepay for 75 people and only 50 came and I explained to them 3 weeks before hand but they still charged me full price. The food was great!

March Wedding in Vegas

Reviewed on 5/03/2013 Lorie G

If you are looking for a pretty place to have a wedding outside of the strip, Sunset Gardens is a great place. Tony and Michelle were very helpful and great at keeping me informed. I planned the wedding from out of state, but they were amazing at keeping my nerves at ease and... Read More taking away the stress. I let them know exactly what I wanted and they achieved just that. The only complaint I have is the DJ was AWFUL! I ended up getting a different DJ than the one I spoke with on the phone and his choice of music was very old fashioned. I was disappointed with the music and would recommend getting one outside of the facility. Other than that, the ceremony and reception was BEAUTIFUL! Everything is on site and my flowers and cake turned out lovely. Sunset Gardens is a beautiful facility for an evening wedding :)

Worth the $$

Reviewed on 11/24/2012 Candice A

Sunset Gardens is definitely worth the money. I was kinda iffy at first because it seemed to good to be true. An all inclusive package, a good price and barely any planning on your part...there must be a catch...? But noope..I was wrong..definitely no catch. Everything you... Read More need is within the same plaza...florists, tuxes, bridal gown shop, hair salon. They are pros in planning weddings, so everything is second nature to them. I got kinda nervous because I was not really doing much planning and on top of that they seemed really non-chalant at first but it's because THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!! Don't get me wrong you can definitely but your personal touches which I did but the "stress" of planning the events of the wedding..etc was basically taken out of your hands. I looved loooved loooved..Tony, Michelle and Chris...great people and they really truly care about giving you a night to remember. Words of advice to the couple..enjoy the night because it literally flashes by you!!

Great wedding venue. Wedding was 11/10/12

Reviewed on 11/16/2012 Adriana V

My overall experience was wonderful. Tony (owner) knows what he is doing and has it down to a science. All of his staff members are professional and attentive. The hair salon was great. The cake was tasty and beautiful. Petals did a great job on my bouquet and other flowers. The... Read More food tasted very good. The prime rib was good. We received many compliments on everything. We used the terrace room. The ceremony was lovely. DJ Syd was very nice. I wish I would have been more specific on artists/songs I wanted to hear but he had our guests on the dance floor. The room they have set aside for the bride is nice because it is private and was big enough to accommodate me and my four bridesmaids. They took a lot of photos. We purchased the videographer service. I have not watched it, I have been very busy unpacking. There was always a staff member available to assist. Our coordinator was friendly and fantastic! We left our favors, extra decor, frame and guest book during the rehearsal. They set everything up the day of the wedding and it looked great. We got married 6 days ago! I would recommend this venue to a couple who 1. Does not want to stress over planning all the details 2. Looking for a Vegas/destination wedding that is classy and professional. There was nothing "Vegas" about it. Meaning, there was no Elvis, no over the top bells and whistles. It was beautiful and looked like a fairy tale.

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 carissa p

Without Sunset Gardens, I think I would have been a very unhappy stressed bride! I've heard nothing but great things about Sunset Gardens before we chosen them for our vendor, my cousin and friend had there wedding here too. I love that everything is all exclusive, this saved us... Read More a lot on cost overall. It is nice the reception is in the same place so nobody had to go to a different place.

Mrs. B

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Doreen M

Sunset Garden staff - Michelle, Tony and Chris, helped with all my needs. If I every had a question or help, they were always there. The grounds are beautiful and the food was good. A good value for the money.

Time of our lives!!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Alisha D

We just got married on 08/25/2012 and it was the best experience ever! Tony, Chris & Dana made this the picture perfect day! We had been planning this wedding for about 2 years and Tony was there every step of the way. We live in CA, so we made monthly trips out to Vegas to... Read More see the venue with different family members or to see the place again and again. I worry about everything and how things are going to look or taste and Tony would ease my mind at every visit and every phone call...trust me I called a lot! I was really nervous with the how the food was going to taste and how the cake was going to look...let me tell you I was extremely impressed with how the rib tenderloin & lemon chicken were so moist and full of flavor. We ordered a red velvet cake with a chocolate mousse filling and the cake was moist and not flaky. I could go on and on about the food, that's how delicious it was. The setting was perfect with all of the colors and decorations we had chose. PETALS, did a phenomenal job with the decorations...fit our color scheme and I forgot the flower for my hair and they quickly came up with one for me...it was perfect! Dale the DJ, was right on with the music, he kept the party going. He took requests through the night from our guests, which made them all feel a part of the party. My entire bridal party of 5 girls were able to make last minute appointments at Joleon spa...they were very kind and ready to help us out. The makeup artist seemed a little rushed and didn't quite do the colors my girls had asked for, but non the less, the experience was wonderful. I loved how we all had our hair and I would recommend them to do hair...try a different makeup artist or have them do a light base and you touch it up. The bridal package is $120 for hair and makeup. Overall this is a FIVE STAR place and a FIVE STAR crew! They make you feel like family, very welcoming. :)

Absolutely Fun Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2012 Michelle C

My husband and I live in Texas and decided on a destination wedding in Las Vegas. After researching and visiting multiple venues, we decided to go with Sunset Gardens. The value of the package and beauty of the property were the main reasons we selected Sunset Gardens as our... Read More final choice our wedding. We had 75 people attend our wedding and everything went very well. We were married at 8 pm and the twinkling lights in the courtyard made everything look absolutely beautiful. The set up outdoors worked perfectly and was decorated minimally but still turned out great. The staff was very friendly and always made it a point to make sure everything was going as planned. They are very professional and have been doing this for many years so it took a lot of the stress out on having to make decisions because their recommendations were always on point. (especially from us being out of towners) Chris was our planner and he was awesome. We received many compliments on how well everything turned out from the wedding itself, the food, drinks, and dancing. They gave extra credits if you utilized some other facilities they recommended which we will review separately. All in all everything was beautiful, the packages were great, the upgrades were great if you needed them, and we are so happy we chose Sunset Gardens to host our wedding.

they know what they're doing!

Reviewed on 6/06/2012 Silvie S

we picked this venue because they have been in business for like 30 years and it shows. the wedding went smooth from start to finish. we had great choices on everything and the music and food were excellent. our guests had a great time and it was a beautiful night.