Sunset Gardens

(26)

Las Vegas, NV

Capacity: Up to 350 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Your alternative to the typical Vegas wedding.

Sunset Gardens is one of the most respected wedding/reception facilities in the State of Nevada. Located on 4 acres of exquisitely landscaped grounds surrounded by miles of twinkling lights, our three private banquet rooms have hosted thousands of weddings and receptions.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall

3931 E. Sunset Rd., Las Vegas, NV

Perfect!

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Mayra b

We were married here in August 2013. Everything was great! The staff took care of us very well on the day of the wedding. They checked up on us all throughout the night to see if we wanted more food or drinks. Tony was also a big help, he really made us feel confident that everything was going to be perfect, which it was. Since the package is all inclusive, there wasn't much for us to worry about. Everything was very organized and ran smoothly. The photographer was great as well, he made sure to get all of the shots that we asked for. Kathy the cake lady did an awesome job. When we saw our cake for the first time, it looked a lot better than what we had imagined it to be, and it was absolutely delicious. DJ Syd kept the party going and had most of the songs that were being requested by the guests. Overall, we have no complaints.

One Happy Bride

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Amanda S

I couldn't thank Sunset Gardens enough for all of their hard work for my wedding. I was such a crazy bride, calling every week with the same questions, just to make sure everything was in order & would go off without an issue! They were extremely helpful & reassuring each time I called. Michelle is such a gem, I couldn't have asked for a better partner in crime with all of the wedding details! The food was outstanding!! Everything was fresh, service was great & the hostess staff was extremely attentive to not just my guests, but to us as well!!! :-) I could go on and on forever about this venue, but to sum it up, great people, great location, great food & just a gorgeous wedding!

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Stacey C

Since I live in Pennsylvania, I found Sunset Gardens online and took a chance. Once I arrived in Las Vegas and saw the venue, it completely exceeded my expectations. We were married outside under the gazebo, which was beautiful once the sun went down. The reception was decorated wonderfully and the food was a complete hit. I had guests talking about that meal for days. There were only two things I wasn't completely happy with. One, I didn't choose to extend my reception for an additional hour, which was entirely my fault for thinking three hours was long enough. And I was told by staff to expect a bill at the end of the night for gratuity, we pulled out cash as a method of payment. Unfortunately, rather then them give us a bill, they just automatically deducted the amount from the debit card they had on record without talking to us about it first. Two very minor details though. Overall, I couldn't have been happier with our decision to have our special day at Sunset Gardens. I would hihgly recommend to anyone!

a perfect wedding at Sunset Gardens

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Sean G

We were in a bit of a bind when our original wedding venue closed on us less than a month before our wedding date. We found Sunset Gardens, saw it had good reviews, and thought we would give them a try. We met with the owner and were immediately impressed with his experience and attentiveness. It was clear that he takes a lot of pride in Sunset Gardens, and only works with tried and true vendors. Within no time, we had arrangements for the officiant, the catering, the cake, the DJ, the flowers, etc. To be honest, I feared that because the package we got was so reasonably priced, and because it including everything, I thought we were in for a mediocre and impersonal experience. I could not have been more wrong. On the day of the event, SG greatly exceeded our expectations. The venue is quite beautiful and tasteful, and really did not require any additional decorating. The food was delicious, and there was something for everyone. Our wedding day coordinator, and all of the catering staff were professional, experienced, and very attentive. The DJ did a superb job of playing our requests, and building on them. Our wedding cake was another stand out; both delicious and beautiful. We consider ourselves lucky to have found SG. They really did a stand-out job, and we would recommend them to anyone.

Dream come true venue

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Whitney J

The chapel at this place is beautiful, especially at night. The staff were so nice and willing to meet my every need and demand. Tony was awesome I couldn't have asked for a better person to help throughout the whole process. The food was amazing and the DJ rocked the party all night long!!! Best night of my life!!!!

Destination Wedding of my Dreams

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Raina M

We traveled from Michigan to our wedding in Las Vegas. Booking a wedding over the phone and online can be stressful. You're not really sure what you're getting, and all you have to go by are other reviews. Well let me tell you, Sunset Gardens was above and beyond way more elegant, beautiful, and helpful than I could have ever imagined. I was never once stressed throughout the whole process. The flowers turned out beautiful, the cake was amazing, the food was hands down the best wedding food I've ever had. Drinks were flowing all night and the DJ kept us on the floor. The photographer stayed the entire night and I just got my wedding CD. Pictures turned out great. We did the candle lit indoor ceremony. I'm so happy we went that route. It was very intimate. The staff was very friendly and incredibly helpful. If I could do it all over again I'd stick with this place. Couldn't be happier.

The Venue

Reviewed on 6/14/2013 Lindsey S

I loved the Sunset Garden - however I was a little unsatisfied with the price. I had to prepay for 75 people and only 50 came and I explained to them 3 weeks before hand but they still charged me full price. The food was great!

March Wedding in Vegas

Reviewed on 5/03/2013 Lorie G

If you are looking for a pretty place to have a wedding outside of the strip, Sunset Gardens is a great place. Tony and Michelle were very helpful and great at keeping me informed. I planned the wedding from out of state, but they were amazing at keeping my nerves at ease and taking away the stress. I let them know exactly what I wanted and they achieved just that. The only complaint I have is the DJ was AWFUL! I ended up getting a different DJ than the one I spoke with on the phone and his choice of music was very old fashioned. I was disappointed with the music and would recommend getting one outside of the facility. Other than that, the ceremony and reception was BEAUTIFUL! Everything is on site and my flowers and cake turned out lovely. Sunset Gardens is a beautiful facility for an evening wedding :)

Worth the $$

Reviewed on 11/24/2012 Candice A

Sunset Gardens is definitely worth the money. I was kinda iffy at first because it seemed to good to be true. An all inclusive package, a good price and barely any planning on your part...there must be a catch...? But noope..I was wrong..definitely no catch. Everything you need is within the same plaza...florists, tuxes, bridal gown shop, hair salon. They are pros in planning weddings, so everything is second nature to them. I got kinda nervous because I was not really doing much planning and on top of that they seemed really non-chalant at first but it's because THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!! Don't get me wrong you can definitely but your personal touches which I did but the "stress" of planning the events of the wedding..etc was basically taken out of your hands. I looved loooved loooved..Tony, Michelle and Chris...great people and they really truly care about giving you a night to remember. Words of advice to the couple..enjoy the night because it literally flashes by you!!

Great wedding venue. Wedding was 11/10/12

Reviewed on 11/16/2012 Adriana V

My overall experience was wonderful. Tony (owner) knows what he is doing and has it down to a science. All of his staff members are professional and attentive. The hair salon was great. The cake was tasty and beautiful. Petals did a great job on my bouquet and other flowers. The food tasted very good. The prime rib was good. We received many compliments on everything. We used the terrace room. The ceremony was lovely. DJ Syd was very nice. I wish I would have been more specific on artists/songs I wanted to hear but he had our guests on the dance floor. The room they have set aside for the bride is nice because it is private and was big enough to accommodate me and my four bridesmaids. They took a lot of photos. We purchased the videographer service. I have not watched it, I have been very busy unpacking. There was always a staff member available to assist. Our coordinator was friendly and fantastic! We left our favors, extra decor, frame and guest book during the rehearsal. They set everything up the day of the wedding and it looked great. We got married 6 days ago! I would recommend this venue to a couple who 1. Does not want to stress over planning all the details 2. Looking for a Vegas/destination wedding that is classy and professional. There was nothing "Vegas" about it. Meaning, there was no Elvis, no over the top bells and whistles. It was beautiful and looked like a fairy tale.

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 carissa p

Without Sunset Gardens, I think I would have been a very unhappy stressed bride! I've heard nothing but great things about Sunset Gardens before we chosen them for our vendor, my cousin and friend had there wedding here too. I love that everything is all exclusive, this saved us a lot on cost overall. It is nice the reception is in the same place so nobody had to go to a different place.

Mrs. B

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Doreen M

Sunset Garden staff - Michelle, Tony and Chris, helped with all my needs. If I every had a question or help, they were always there. The grounds are beautiful and the food was good. A good value for the money.

Time of our lives!!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Alisha D

We just got married on 08/25/2012 and it was the best experience ever! Tony, Chris & Dana made this the picture perfect day! We had been planning this wedding for about 2 years and Tony was there every step of the way. We live in CA, so we made monthly trips out to Vegas to see the venue with different family members or to see the place again and again. I worry about everything and how things are going to look or taste and Tony would ease my mind at every visit and every phone call...trust me I called a lot! I was really nervous with the how the food was going to taste and how the cake was going to look...let me tell you I was extremely impressed with how the rib tenderloin & lemon chicken were so moist and full of flavor. We ordered a red velvet cake with a chocolate mousse filling and the cake was moist and not flaky. I could go on and on about the food, that's how delicious it was. The setting was perfect with all of the colors and decorations we had chose. PETALS, did a phenomenal job with the decorations...fit our color scheme and I forgot the flower for my hair and they quickly came up with one for me...it was perfect! Dale the DJ, was right on with the music, he kept the party going. He took requests through the night from our guests, which made them all feel a part of the party. My entire bridal party of 5 girls were able to make last minute appointments at Joleon spa...they were very kind and ready to help us out. The makeup artist seemed a little rushed and didn't quite do the colors my girls had asked for, but non the less, the experience was wonderful. I loved how we all had our hair and I would recommend them to do hair...try a different makeup artist or have them do a light base and you touch it up. The bridal package is $120 for hair and makeup. Overall this is a FIVE STAR place and a FIVE STAR crew! They make you feel like family, very welcoming. :)

Absolutely Fun Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2012 Michelle C

My husband and I live in Texas and decided on a destination wedding in Las Vegas. After researching and visiting multiple venues, we decided to go with Sunset Gardens. The value of the package and beauty of the property were the main reasons we selected Sunset Gardens as our final choice our wedding. We had 75 people attend our wedding and everything went very well. We were married at 8 pm and the twinkling lights in the courtyard made everything look absolutely beautiful. The set up outdoors worked perfectly and was decorated minimally but still turned out great. The staff was very friendly and always made it a point to make sure everything was going as planned. They are very professional and have been doing this for many years so it took a lot of the stress out on having to make decisions because their recommendations were always on point. (especially from us being out of towners) Chris was our planner and he was awesome. We received many compliments on how well everything turned out from the wedding itself, the food, drinks, and dancing. They gave extra credits if you utilized some other facilities they recommended which we will review separately. All in all everything was beautiful, the packages were great, the upgrades were great if you needed them, and we are so happy we chose Sunset Gardens to host our wedding.

they know what they're doing!

Reviewed on 6/06/2012 Silvie S

we picked this venue because they have been in business for like 30 years and it shows. the wedding went smooth from start to finish. we had great choices on everything and the music and food were excellent. our guests had a great time and it was a beautiful night.

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 Rachel R

If you're planning a Vegas wedding from out of town, this place is a godsend. They take care of every detail (with your input, of course) and give you your dream wedding on a budget. What's Great about Sunset Gardens: 1) Value – SG gives you a traditional-style wedding for a reasonable price. We spent $13k for 150 guests including our ceremony, reception, food, cake, DJ, photographer (which we subbed for a videographer), open bar, and flowers plus an additional hour that we added onto our reception package. They also have cheaper packages for smaller weddings. 2) Convenience – You make the decisions, but they make it easy. The florist and cake-maker call you to discuss your options, SG provides your menu options and suggests the best food combinations, and you don't have to choose a DJ, photographer, wedding officiant, etc. 3) Experience – SG clearly has done this for a long time, and they do it well. Our wedding day ran so smoothly. Their staff made sure my groom and I received our dinner and peaceful time to eat it before our guests bombarded us, and they managed to bring our entire ceremony inside just minutes before our guests arrived when our gazebo wedding was rained out at the last minute. 4) Quality – For the price, the food, cake, and open bar were remarkably good. Our guests still compliment us on the food and cake. 5) Flexibility – SG isn't rigid. They let us hire an outside photographer and photo booth. When we decided to hire shuttle buses to/from the strip so everyone could enjoy the open bar worry-free, SG recommended companies for us to use and offered suggestions on how to make the buses run as smoothly as possible. What's Not Great about Sunset Gardens: 1) It's a value-wedding provider – They do an amazing job, but it's not a country club or a fancy hotel. If that is what you are looking for, you need to find another venue (and a bigger budget!). 2) Their photographer – I've seen reviews from people who loved him, but I thought his website photos looked like bad prom pictures from the 80's. For me, the photos were the most important part of the big day, so I splurged and hired an outside photographer. 3) The airport – If you choose to have your ceremony in the gazebo, keep in mind that planes fly over. It's not that bad, and it's such a beautiful setting that I thought it was worth the risk, but if that's something that will bother you, beware. 4) Flowers - If you're on a budget, know that SG's $250 floral credit doesn't go far. We spent $1,200 over the $250 credit, and that was after I cut back on some of the ceremony and table decor I wanted. 5) DJ Dale – We had to make a desperate call to him the night before to make sure he would play our song selections since he never contacted us before the wedding. He also wasn't a huge crowd pleaser. To be fair, we gave him a list of songs we wanted and he played some of them, which maybe interrupted his flow, but overall he was the only part of our night that I wasn't 100% satisfied with. 6) Follow-up – SG has hundreds of weddings to plan before yours, so they won't finalize everything with you until very close to your big day. If you're a bride who wants every detail of your wedding planned and resolved months in advance, their laid-back, last minute system may stress you out a bit. Overall, SG did an amazing job, and I have no regrets about choosing them as the venue for our big day.

Perfect Vintage Romance

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 schranda c

We had our destination wedding at Sunset Gardens and there was not one request we had that they didn't follow through on. We had our photo booth, beautiful outdoor ceremony, wonderful officiant, and Michelle our day of coordinator was a lifesaver. They really made it a night to remember!

They are FABULOUS!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Dawn R

Any bride and groom seeking the perfect venue for an outdoor wedding would be crazy to pass up Sunset Gardens. They are amazing and go out of their way to make the wedding of your dreams come true with little to no stress at all. Their all-inclusive packages really make the perfect wedding come together for an inexpensive price! Just a tip - ask for Michelle. She is so awesome. By far the best wedding coordinator ever!

Amazing Wedding!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 stephanie p

I got married at Sunset Gardens on September 23 2011. It was a dream come true. The people who work there are amazing, and they made our night the most special it ever could have been. Sunset Gardens at night is beautiful! The pictures turned out amazing, we had so much fun, and everyone said it was the prettiest wedding they had seen! The food was great, the cake was beautiful, and the DJ was perfect. Best of all, everything was included with the price ( which was super resonable in my opinion)

Simply Fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Debra G

My new husband and I wanted to marry in Vegas but didn't want the cheesy type wedding normally thought of when talking about Vegas weddings. The first (and last) place we looked at when hunting was Sunset Gardens. From beginning to end Tony and his team did a fabulous job. The day of the Wedding it was pouring rain and had been for nearly 2 days. Tony said "No worries, it never rains at Sunset". He was right. Just mere hours before the skies cleared and the weather was perfect. Everything was perfect. They even put up with me being so picky. If you want a perfect wedding in a perfect spot this is the place to go! They do everything! We had so many compliments from our guests and everything went off without a hitch. Thank you Tony!

Great Location

Reviewed on 7/04/2011 Erika T

I searched I high and low for a non cheesy Las Vegas Wedding location. Sunset Gardens was the perfect placed and offered a great and afforable package. The staff were great and professional handling so many of the wedding details. My husband and I had a great time.

Loved it

Reviewed on 3/29/2011 Brianna H

We found everything we needed at Sunset Gardens. It was perfect for us. I loved that, even if just for a little bit, we could forget we were in Vegas and have the wedding I dreamed of as a country girl.

A Beautiful Experience!

Reviewed on 3/01/2011 Brigette L

This is a beautiful and an amazing venue with a flare of elegance. Sunset Gardens will exceed all of your expectations and then some. My husband and I were married on January 15, 2011. We had a destination wedding so we decided it would be best to find a venue that offered wedding packages. We were on The Knot’s website and Sunset Gardens was voted “Best of Weddings of 2010” so we decided to fly into town and check it out for ourselves. When we walked through the doors we knew right away that “this was the place!” The wedding package we chose included much more than we’d expected. We had about 50 guests and the package included the following: a Wedding Coordinator, Minister, Photographer, Bridal Suite with complimentary champagne, a three hour Reception, an experienced DJ, Open Bar, a five item buffet dinner, two tier wedding cake, a choice of colors for the table linens and chairs and glass bowls with floating candles as centerpieces. “No, I’m not kidding!” We weren’t sure what vendors to use for our flowers, favors, invitations etc…and located next door to the venue is Petal Flowers, Michelle’s Bridal, Joleon Salon and Day Spa, and Bowties Bridal Boutique and Tuxedo Rentals. Although we purchased my dress and my husband’s tuxedo in another state, Bowties steamed them both for $60.00 and it was hung in the bridal suite when I arrived. Sunset Gardens also gives you a GREAT discount for using any of these vendors and they were great to work with. Our Wedding ceremony began at dusk in the most beautiful chapel and our Magnificent Reception was held in the Sunset Room. There is a lovely courtyard with twinkling lights on the trees which made a great view for our guests to enjoy and gorgeous pictures with my husband and I. The chapel and reception were already decorated so beautifully that we only added rose petals down the aisles of the chapel, all the tables and the wedding cake table. DJ Syd was a perfect M.C. and everyone enjoyed him. There was a lot of dancing, laughter, mingling and of course, love in the air. The buffet was superb! We had the Chef’s Special Chicken, Fettuccine Alfredo, Red Skinned Potatoes, Mixed Green Leaf Salad, Dinner rolls and the best Prime Rib ever! Our guests raved about the food and the catering services provided by the staff. Kathy from “Tiers of Joy” was a pleasure to work with and our cake was delicious. If you get your Photographs done during the wedding and reception, please choose the upgrade…I guarantee that you won’t be disappointed. Steven Shofner did a splendid job on our photos. We loved them! Tony, the owner and Chris, our coordinator, have mastered the art of creating pure elegance and intimacy for weddings. They have a knack for paying close attention to details and they made us feel so incredibly special on our wedding day. Their staff was awesome! All the planning is done for you so there are no worries. WE WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND SUNSET GARDENS TO ANYONE WHO WANTS THE WEDDING OF THEIR DREAMS!

Our Magical Wedding

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 SHEILA D

We loved loved loved Sunset Gardens. It was by far the best value for our money and so beautiful too. We looked around at several venues that we saw in local wedding magazines but the prices were just astronomical. Sunset Gardens doesn't realy advertise, it is all really just word of mouth. Maybe that is why their prices are so great. We really like how we could pick any day of the week and not worry about the price going up because it was the weekend. They have great all inclusive packages. Our Package Included:The Ceremony OfficiantThe DJThe Photographer4 Hour open bar Dinner: 2 Hors d'œuvre, 2 entres, 3 sides, 2 salads, coffee/teaThe Cake Very experienced and professional staff The ceremoney was beautiful and outside under the gazebo and all the twinkling lights. They only do their weddings here at sunset. The DJ was great. We spoke a week before the wedding. I told him all the songs I wanted and gave him a CD with some of the songs he did not have. He did a great job and played song that I had on my list throughout the night. The photographer was very good and knew what he was doing. I received almost 600 photos with the copyright release included. Some places make you pay seperate fot that, to own your own photos. The only thing is I felt his photos were very traditional. Where as if I had chosen my own photographer, I would have gone more modern. I'm okay with it though because the photos still came out great and I'm not completely broke from the wedding. The food was awesome, not that I had time to really eat or enjoy it. It was buffet style and everyone said it was great. Some people told me they went back for thirds. Sunset Gardens was lovely. We had and awesome and magical wedding. We were so happy with the price compared to other venues and that we could afford to invite more friends and family as opposed to spending much more at another venue and inviting less guests. The cake was by Cathy. It was beautiful, exactly what we told her we wanted.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Elizabeth S

Can not say enough good things about this place! They take care of everything. Ask for Chris for your wedding planner he works magic!

TO Sunset Gardens