Tannenbaum Event Center

Ballroom, Mountain

Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

20007 Mt. Rose Hwy., Reno, NV (775) 849-7688

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Amanda J

We just had our wedding in May and I couldn't imagine a better place to have our held our special day! Thanks to this beautiful venue I saw my dream come to true. We got to have our outdoor ceremony with the breath taking view. The day went perfectly thanks to the staff. I... Read More worked with Julie mostly and she was amazing. I do not have one complaint and cherish the day. This place is amazing and beautiful.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Melanie R

Everything about the Tannenbaum was fantastic. Claire and Julie were very helpful and very quick to respond to my calls and emails, which is huge for me. The venue is breathtaking and everyone does their best to make each guest feel welcome and cared for. I was attending a... Read More wedding at the Tannenbaum months before I was even engaged, and I looked at my then-boyfriend, now-husband, and said "I want to get married here." About a year and a half later, my dream came true and I was married at the Tannenbaum. I wouldn't change a thing about it, and I'm so thankful I got married here.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Leticia A

I had my wedding at Tannenbaum in October and it was amazing and perfect for the intimate wedding we had. Julie and Claire were amazing! With it being a destination wedding we had to plan everything via phone and email, I had never even seen the venue until the rehearsal, but... Read More everything was perfect! We used the onsite caterer, and the food was phenomenal; I was shocked at how reasonable the price was and how delicious our food was (once again we didn't get a trial run--all long distance planning). Tannenbaum has gorgeous views, and an amazing reception area, I truly cannot describe how perfect my wedding was at Tannenbaum and how great Julie and Claire both were. I couldn't have dreamed of a better venue!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Christine S

Absolutely amazing venue! The view is incredible, Julie and staff were such a huge help, and our wedding was perfect!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

Tannenbaum is a beautiful location. There were some issues that only a Mother of the bride would have problems with, which made our wedding difficult and less fun. First...we had been planning on decorating the night before wedding, Julie informed me the tables (for signing... Read More book, memory table etc) would not be set up until around 9 a.m. That created a time crunch for us, so when we came back before the ceremony (because our morning was booked with hair & makeup appointments) I was very rushed and panicked. The night before, instead of setting up...I was picking up ..garbage. Cigarette butts, bottle caps etc in the rock way leading to the back I actually found a big box in the bushes and filled that up with litter. I had to track down Julie a few times during the ceremony , once...was for after the cake cutting, all the desserts were gone. I knew we had more...so I had to find Julie so she could bring them out. Our guests thought we *ran out* which was not cool. When we first made the deposit, she made it seem like she would be really more hands on... I didn't enjoy having to look for her, to get lights turned on, etc. It definitely made a lot of work for this MOB and less time to enjoy my dd's wedding. But...the positive is...it is simply beautiful. They will handle all the rentals, etc. It is a bit cramped if you go over 160 people...and the portable dance floor is very small. It is still the best venue, Best value in the Tahoe/Reno area. If I was to do it again, the above issues could be corrected easily if they were known to be issues. That's the only reason I mentioned them.

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 3/03/2015

My daughter just had her wedding at Tannanbaum this past weekend. It was a long search for the perfect place. When we met with Julie the bride and groom decided this was the place. She was so helpful and accommodating. They felt so at home there. Everywhere else we looked... Read More you felt like a number and the wedding was to be hurry and get out. She was there for us every step of the way right up to the I Do's. Tannanbaum is a beautiful spot for a wedding. The room is large with a kitchen attached, big entry, lovely back lawn area, a deck and a wonderful fireplace and the best views. We had hoped for a bit of snow for this winter wedding and we got it. So magical! Thank you Julie for everything!

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Alison D

This place is pure perfection! I grew up in Truckee and always imagined getting married on the lake, but realized quickly that that was way out of my budget. The Tannenbaum was one of my last choices (I hadn't been there in over 10 years). After talking to Julie, I set up an... Read More appointment and saw the venue. I was shocked! She has made so many improvements...it looks like a completely different place. I immediately knew that the Tannenbaum is where I wanted my dream wedding to take place. Julie was sweet and helpful from day one. She went above and beyond expectations and was quick to respond to my many questions. All of her hard work showed on my wedding day. It was more perfect than I ever imagined. I HIGHLY recommend the Tannenbaum. Not only is the view spectacular, and the venue stunning, but Julie is such a kindhearted and helpful person. I felt comfortable working with her from day one. My big day could not have been more perfect. P.S. if you get married here, talk to Julie about renting white carpet...100% worth it!

Best wedding reception ever!

Reviewed on 12/16/2014

My family and friends have not stopped raving about what a beautiful reception we had at the Tannenbaum. Julie Nobis and her recommended vendors did an outstanding job with every detail! The room took my breath away the second my new husband and I entered. The beautiful... Read More twilight view with candlelight glowing on the gorgeous farm tables. The fireplace is a wonderful spot for family photos. The food, flowers, music, cupcakes, and service were outstanding. I can't say enough! If you are considering a Tahoe wedding this is the place to have it!

The New Tannenbaum

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Ashley A

My first impression of the Tannenbaum was how beautiful it was. My second was how easy planning a wedding there would be. In addition to their newly offered bar services they had a fantastic on-site caterer who custom created my menu. I had a fairly specific vision in mind for... Read More my menu and their caterer did a fabulous job of taking my idea and executing it perfectly. Because I live out of town Tannenbaum's staff really helped keep me on track and took care of all the little details. I was initially a little hesitant to book with Tannenbaum as I had read some of the more negative reviews on here. However, upon the meeting the new owner, Julie, I was reassured their policies had changed a lot for the better. Tannenbaum is a beautiful venue with an extremely helpful staff that went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I had the best day possible. My only regret in the whole thing is that I can't do it again!

A little bit of everything

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Lauren P

Seemed expensive, but really a great price considering we married on Labor Day Weekend. They gave us a military discount (thank you). Beautiful setting - I remember when it was the old Christmas Tree restaurant. Great indoor and outdoor space. Most of the staff we worked... Read More with was incredibly helpful and friendly. Dealt with a few problems with pricing and our rentals - took some sassing to get it fixed, but all ended well.

Great location...poor service

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Natalie P

First and foremost my ceremony and reception turned out beautifully at the Tannenbaum. We had about 130 guests and I felt like the venue was the perfect size. The Tannenbaum is owned by a company called Red Carpet Events & Design. On the plus side, the company offers cheaper... Read More chair rentals than many others in town and they saved us almost $300. We were able to save a lot of money on alcohol as well because they don't charge a corkage fee, and we were free to get our alcohol from wherever. Still, it was a little stressful working with them as they were experiencing some administrative changes. We talked with three different people filling in for a one-person job and this led to some confusion on their part. The day of our wedding, the company coordinator had to ask one of our guests which wedding she was helping with. We also ordered a road sign from Red Carpet and they spelled my husband's last name incorrectly. We are still waiting for our refund.

Most Spectacular Views!!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 Andrea G

We loved working with the staff at the Tannenbaum. The venue is a blank canvas with tons of potential weather you have a large, medium or a small budget. You can let the venue speak for itself. The views from the outside ceremony space are spectacular. The inside space is... Read More rustic with an elegant charm. Set your sweetheart table in front of the slate stone fireplace. Great for photography!!! The lighting is romantic and the opportunities for decor are endless. You will have the opportunity to work with Red Carpet Events for decor and floral! They are simply amazing, creative, and fun to collaborate with! They truly brought our vision of a rustic, eclectic and vintage wedding to life!!!

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Rachel C

I would recommend this venue to any bride & groom that want a "Tahoe" feel without the Tahoe prices. The entire experience was amazing! My only complaint about the Tannenbaum was that although it cost $3000 for 10 hours they still charged extra for certian things. Their... Read More lighting plans were at least $100-$200 extra. To use one of their arches would cost and extra $100. To use their cocktail tables ran $10 per table. It seemed to me that for the large amount they were charging to rent the space for 10 hours they could have included these things they already own. The venue did include tables, chairs, & linens. That was a nice touch. It was essentially a blank canvas in which we were able to create the day exactly as we wanted it.

Great Affordable Venue

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 Brooke B

We got married at Tannenbaum last month and I was really happy with everything. We got it for 10 hours for an amazing price and were able to bring in all of our other vendors. We weren't forced to use their choices of caterers, florists, dj, ect. The location is beautiful,... Read More because you feel like you are in Tahoe, yet its only 10 miles up the Mount Rose Hwy. Kristyn is great to work with, and they provide basic tablecloths and linens for the event if you don't want a color other than black or white. There is a large bridal suite to get ready in, which was great because I had a ton of girls in there. Very fun. I was very happy with my wedding there.

A Beautiful Site

Reviewed on 9/11/2011 Ardella V

The Tannenbaum is a beautiful site with beautiful views.

Beautiful Place

Reviewed on 8/01/2011 Cathy Y

Tannenbaum is such a beautiful place. The first time I visited I almost cried when I saw the ceromony place. It's up the hills overlooking the mountains. My wedding was in the middle of summer, the hills really have a nice breeze so it's not hot at all. It's also secluded as... Read More they only take 1 wedding per day so it's definitely not one of those "wedding factoy" places. There's also a bridal suite on the site so it's really easy for the whole process. The grooms preparation room also has a pool table. The only issue we had was that the bridal suite's bathroom is out of order so it is a little inconvenient. But overall I'm really glad that we picked Tannenbaum.

A beautiful setting

Reviewed on 7/10/2011 Kate M

The Tannenbaum was a peaceful and special place to get married. The staff was very helpful and flexible. The whole process from start to finish was simple and professionally done. I would recommend this venue as a wonderful location to have a relaxed wedding in a beautiful... Read More setting.

Beautiful place

Reviewed on 6/24/2011 Laura H

I loved the venue and had a beautiful wedding. Don't book in spring or early summer unless you are prepared to move your outdoor ceremony indoors. Started with one contact and she got let go -- she (Kari) was great. Replacement (Beth) was OK. She wasn't very accommodating and... Read More argued with me about simple requests, which was frustrating. But the venue is great. Great photos, great wedding.

wedding venue of a lifetime

Reviewed on 10/07/2010 Nicole H

A beautiful place to have any event especially a wedding. Beautiful and breathtaking views with great weather any time of the year. The venue was perfect and accomodated to all of our wants and needs.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Stefanie S

The staff was wonderful and accomadating. The views are breathtaking. The interior is beautiful and you can decorate how ever you want to. The price is reasonable. Room to get ready. You can have the ceremony and reception at the same location.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Chrissy R

The view was glorious and the interior was so classically reminiscent of Old Tahoe. No view of the lake, but who needs it when you've got a beautiful valley view and a charming reception hall?;It can get a little windy...tack that veil down tightly (I learned this in the middle... Read More of our ceremony!)

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Rebecca C

We were married on Mt. Rose, on the outskirts of Reno. We got the Lake Tahoe mountain trees and atmosphere without having to ask our guests to drive over the summit. It's only about 12 miles from downtown Reno. It was a perfectly beautiful location. I also loved how easy they... Read More made it to plan our wedding. Julie and Michelle had lists of great recommended contacts (our amazing caterer, for example) and took care of ordering, picking up, and returning all our rentals without marking up the rental prices. They also took care of setting everything up and cleaning up after the party too!;If our caterer hadn't told us we were responsible for removing the trash from our reception ourselves, we would have had a nasty surprise that night (trash cannot be left outside because of bears). Luckily, we had someone bring a large truck, and made arrangements with the caterer to have everything double-bagged. It could have been really bad because we had arranged shuttles up and down the mountain to the reception. Also, the main room is rectangular, and it can feel crowded if you have both a photographer and videographer like we did.