Tarrywile Park & Mansion

Danbury, CT

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Grape Arbor. Idyllic woodland surroundings provide a romantic, elegant spot for wedding ceremonies and photos. A great place for summer weddings, the arbor’s grapevines add a touch of character and charm.

The Gazebo. Nestled among the garden’s impressive array of flowers, this genteel setting makes a superb spot for first-look photographs and the exchanging of vows.

The Tent. The estate’s lawn provides ample space for couples wishing to host their reception outdoors. The Tent takes on a simplistic-yet-elegant feel with all the modern amenities on supply.

The Drawing Room, Dining Room and Conservatory. The Mansion oozes Victorian-era splendor that never goes out of style. The stately Drawing Room leads onto the Conservatory, known for its tiled floor and elegant chandelier. The Dining Room, with its built-in china cabinets, makes the optimal location for a seated dinner or buffet-style meal.

The Veranda. Overlooking the Children's Garden, the sweeping Veranda offers a compromise between indoors and outdoors, making it ideal for ceremonies and receptions alike. The Veranda is also a great spot for a cocktail hour.

The venue does not provide catering, however, the team of planners at the Tarrywile Park and Mansion supplies a list of renowned caterers, photographers and florists who work to put together a wedding day suited to all tastes and budgets. It is also able to recommend nearby accommodation for guests. Wedding ceremonies typically take place outdoors, then events are usually moved inside for the remainder of the day. Alternatively, couples may choose to have their ceremony hosted on the Veranda adjacent to the Mansion, or hire the tent following an outdoor service.

To-be-weds are granted nine hours rental of the property on their wedding day. The Mansion is fully air-conditioned and accessible for disabled guests. The venue provides outdoor lighting, and the use of amplified music is approved. The venue has a large parking lot, although a parking supervisor must be required for weddings of 50 guests or more. Setup and cleanup are included in the rental fee, along with table and chair rental. A large dance floor is provided for evening events. Music must end by 11 p.m.

Other noteworthy extras include:

• On-site wedding planner
  • Separate bride and groom dressing areas
  • Free parking
  • No guest minimum

Tarrywile Mansion, where your love story unfolds..

Step into the romantic elegance of the Victorian era at Tarrywile Mansion. Whether you are dreaming of crystal and lace or burlap and cowboy boots, we are the venue for you. Our staff's combined 22 years of experience in the wedding industry will be an invaluable resource available to you during the decision making process. We know you have been dreaming of this day and is committed to helping you make your wedding as unique as you are.

• Outdoor - Covered

Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Rentals + Equipment

70 Southern Blvd, Danbury, CT (203) 744-3130
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Flo S

Of all of the many decisions and choices to make when planning a wedding the easiest, best, no...perfect choice was Tarrywile Mansion. The staff was wonderful, the grounds are beautiful, and the mansion is pristine. If you want to feel like you stepped back in a beautiful moment... Read More in time, if you want a unique setting that you can put your personal touch on then Tarrywile Mansion is the place to be.

2016-10-17T11:45:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us such a lovely review. It was a pleasure working with you and I am so pleased your experience with Tarrywile Mansion was such a positive one.

Reviewed on 5/21/2016

My wife and I had our wedding here on May 7th. We enjoyed using the mansion and personalizing it to reflect our love for each other and the interests that built the foundation of our relationship. The hospitality that the mansion staff provided was excellent. They also... Read More provided a great caterer that knew their way around the mansion and grounds. The staff gave us flexibility to choose a photographer and DJ that provided services above our expectations as well. Overall, our guest had a terrific and memorable time. We will definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking to think outside for their wedding planning.

2016-05-23T09:17:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you Scot and Mirjana, it was such a pleasure meeting and working with you both. I wish you much joy in your marriage.

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Chelsey M

The historic and well cared for mansion and property is full of charm. Our family and friends were able to experience a variety of scenery through out our wedding. Our wedding ceremony was under a blooming grape arbor, cocktail hour was through out the entire mansion, including... Read More the conservatory and veranda. Our reception was under a large tent adjacent to conservatory and grape arbor. Pictures were taken around an apple orchard, through out various flower gardens and around a gazebo. This vendor is well priced and the events coordinator was a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend renting Tarrywile Park & Mansion for your future event, or just visit to hike and enjoy nature at it finest!

Great lowkey venue

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Michelle Y

Beautiful venue with lots of space indoors and out.

2016-01-06T11:51:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you Michelle for taking the time to share your experience. I wish you the best of luck in the coming new year and all the years to come.

Beautiful on a Budget

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

I am a graduate student, and my husband was also in school while we were planning the wedding. We wanted a quality location for a reasonable price, and Tarrywile was the best choice in the Danbury area. We had a garden-themed wedding. The grape arbor was a perfect ceremony site.... Read More All of our pictures look lush and colorful. We had about 100 guests, which is a little tight in the mansion. Get creative, and plan to transition rooms. We turned the conservatory into the dance room. Guests loved that there was both a space for party and space for quieter talking outside. The mansion was free on the day before the wedding and we (our family & friends) were therefore allowed to decorate a day early. I'm not sure how we would have pulled it off without this time. Thank you Tarrywile!

2015-08-14T09:32:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you Knottie95631108, I am glad you had a wonderful wedding day, and I am confident you and your team would have pulled it off spectacularly even if the day before was unavailable. Love the photos! Many blessings to you both!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015

My June 13th wedding at Tarrywile mansion was amazing. The mansion is so pretty that we need minimal decorations. We had our ceremony under the grape arbor, so picturesque, and lawn games close to the mansion. Kids and adults enjoyed hiking around the mansion on the day of the... Read More event. I would highly recommend Tarrywile to everyone!

Great venue

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 Jayme E

When we first learned about Tarrywile, we fell in love with it. This is a great spot for any event, but our wedding was perfect. We held the ceremony under the grape arbor which was in full bloom. Then our cocktail hour was on the veranda which was also very nice. Then our... Read More reception was inside the mansion. So many people complimented us on what a beautiful mansion it was, and wanted to know how we had found out about Tarrywile. My husband and I also love hiking the trails. Becky and Anne Marie are so wonderful to work with, and are willing to do so much for the brides. This venue is affordable and is much more unique than a standard banquet hall. We loved our wedding at Tarrywile

April indoor wedding

Reviewed on 5/09/2013 Heather F

I had my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all at Tarrywile to cut down on time and cost. I fit perfectly into our budget and feel of the wedding. My wedding was a small group of 50 people and Tarrywile worked well for that sized group, I would not recommend it for a larger... Read More group if you are just indoors and want everyone to see. Staff was helpful and on top of paperwork.