Tarrywile Park & Mansion

Danbury, CT

Book Your Wedding with Tarrywile Park & Mansion

A GARDEN IN DANBURY, CT

The Grape Arbor. Idyllic woodland surroundings provide a romantic, elegant spot for wedding ceremonies and photos. A great place for summer weddings, the arbor’s grapevines add a touch of character and charm.

The Gazebo. Nestled among the garden’s impressive array of flowers, this genteel setting makes a superb spot for first-look photographs and the exchanging of vows.

The Tent. The estate’s lawn provides ample space for couples wishing to host their reception outdoors. The Tent takes on a simplistic-yet-elegant feel with all the modern amenities on supply.

The Drawing Room, Dining Room and Conservatory. The Mansion oozes Victorian-era splendor that never goes out of style. The stately Drawing Room leads onto the Conservatory, known for its tiled floor and elegant chandelier. The Dining Room, with its built-in china cabinets, makes the optimal location for a seated dinner or buffet-style meal.

The Veranda. Overlooking the Children's Garden, the sweeping Veranda offers a compromise between indoors and outdoors, making it ideal for ceremonies and receptions alike. The Veranda is also a great spot for a cocktail hour.

The venue does not provide catering, however, the team of planners at the Tarrywile Park and Mansion supplies a list of renowned caterers, photographers and florists who work to put together a wedding day suited to all tastes and budgets. It is also able to recommend nearby accommodation for guests. Wedding ceremonies typically take place outdoors, then events are usually moved inside for the remainder of the day. Alternatively, couples may choose to have their ceremony hosted on the Veranda adjacent to the Mansion, or hire the tent following an outdoor service.

To-be-weds are granted nine hours rental of the property on their wedding day. The Mansion is fully air-conditioned and accessible for disabled guests. The venue provides outdoor lighting, and the use of amplified music is approved. The venue has a large parking lot, although a parking supervisor must be required for weddings of 50 guests or more. Setup and cleanup are included in the rental fee, along with table and chair rental. A large dance floor is provided for evening events. Music must end by 11 p.m.

Other noteworthy extras include:

• On-site wedding planner
  • Separate bride and groom dressing areas
  • Free parking
  • No guest minimum

Tarrywile Mansion, where your love story unfolds..

Step into the romantic elegance of the Victorian era at Tarrywile Mansion. Whether you are dreaming of crystal and lace or burlap and cowboy boots, we are the venue for you. Our staff's combined 22 years of experience in the wedding industry will be an invaluable resource available to you during the decision making process. We know you have been dreaming of this day and is committed to helping you make your wedding as unique as you are.

• Outdoor - Covered

Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Rentals + Equipment

70 Southern Blvd, Danbury, CT (203) 744-3130
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Heather M

I was able to have my dream wedding at Tarrywile. From the moment I stepped foot in the building I was able to see myself and my family celebrating and enjoying ourselves there. The building and grounds are beautiful during every season, making decorating a breeze as very few... Read More additional decorations are needed. The separate dining rooms and dance floor in the entry hall provide unique venue for any celebration and made it feel like we were having a party in someone’s home. The staff at Tarrywile also made our day more enjoyable by being available for any questions and concerns we had leading up to our wedding.

2017-11-06T09:09:09 Response from the vendor

I am so happy your wedding day was just as you both imagined it would be. It was a pleasure working with you both. I wish you both many blessings for a wonderful future together.

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Michael L

Our October wedding at Tarrywile couldn’t have been more of a success! The day was unusually warm for the time of year, filled with sun happiness. Anne-Marie was extremely helpful throughout the process and Chris from Carriage House Catering was top of the line! We were... Read More married under the beautiful grape arbor and then moved to the veranda for cocktail hour. Later, inside the mansion, the party continued on surrounded by the splendor and beauty of the place itself. The vendors and staff at Tarrywile worked seamlessly together and made the logistics painless and exciting. I strongly recommend this venue to anyone who loves the outdoors and the casual elegance that this venue provides! You won’t regret it…

2017-11-06T09:12:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your glowing review, it was a pleasure working with you through out the planning process. I'm so happy our unique venue was transformed into the image of the wedding you have been dreaming of. Best of luck to you both for a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Shannon R

We could not have picked a more perfect location for our wedding. The staff we friendly, welcoming, ready to answers questions, and help in any way they could. We loved having access to both a scenic outside which included a grape harbor and a gazebo and the mansion which had a... Read More separate bride's room and groom's room. Thank you for helping to make our wedding perfect.

2017-11-01T08:47:53 Response from the vendor

I am so happy Tarrywile Mansion helped to make your wedding day even more special. Thank you for taking the time to give us such a lovely review. Congratulations again and best of luck to you both!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Michael L

2017-11-06T09:12:48 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Tracy G

Our son & daughter-in-law were married at this beautiful venue. Staff was always very helpful. The ceremony and reception were both held here making it very easy for guests. Had preferred caterer list to chose from. Beautiful Grape arbor for the ceremony and the grounds... Read More provided beautiful picture opportunities. Mansion has incredible woodwork and lends itself to a very personalized event.

2017-10-30T10:25:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the lovely review. I'm so glad you enjoyed our beautiful venue and grounds and that you had a great experience with one of our approved caterers.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Jane M

My sister was married at this incredible facility. Beautiful gardens, grape arbor and Gazebo meant fantastic photos. The Mansion itself is just beautiful and they were able to pick their own caterer to meet the budget. The staff at the Mansion were so helpful and always quick... Read More to answer questions and helped make her day just spectacular.

2017-10-24T13:29:45 Response from the vendor

I'm glad you and your sister had a great experience at Tarrywile Mansion. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and brides looking for that perfect venue for their wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Laura R

My daughter just recently married here at Tarrywile Mansion. We could not have picked a better venue. Everything from the ceremony under the grape Trellace to picturesque locations both inside and out on the property for photos to the airy veranda for cocktail hour and then... Read More intimate Victorian rooms for dining with a separate area for dancing the night away helped to make this day the most stunning wedding event. From the time we booked throughout the wedding day,they were available for questions and also offered the best of the best for ou tside vendors to complete the day. Highly recommended!!!!!

2017-10-18T11:59:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the lovely review Laura, I'm so glad you and your guests enjoyed our lovely grounds and unique historic venue.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Shaina U

We just had the most romantic, fantastic wedding ever at Tarrywile Mansion. I can't say enough how wonderful the setting was, and how many of my guests gushed about the mansion, grounds, and especially the veranda. We had our ceremony under the grape arbor right before dusk.... Read More It needed no extra ornaments, it was so beautiful as is. Our bagpiper played to the side as guests mingled and took their seats, and he roamed the grounds playing while they adjourned to the veranda for cocktail hour. We took some of the prettiest fall photos with our photographer on the grounds and after dark , inside the conservatory! We light it and the veranda up with tinkling lights and it was just...perfection. We used the various rooms inside the mansion and on the veranda to fit our 100 guests, and it was so intimate! Everyone gathered in the foyer to watch our first dance and to see us descend the stairs and be announced. The kitchens our caterer used (Red Pepper Diner) were clean, spacious, and professional. He made all our food on site and it was so flavorful and delicious! Honestly, I will carry the memories we made forever...Tarrywile was my first choice, and we were so lucky to have been able to have our wedding here. You couldn't do any better!

2017-10-11T12:49:37 Response from the vendor

Shaina, thank you for leaving such a lovely review, it was such a pleasure working with. I wish you and Zack all the joy married life has to offer!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Kaitlyn C

Tarrywile Park and Mansion is THE place to get married! We decided on Tarrywile because of its beautiful outdoor features, including the grape arbor we had the ceremony under, the gazebo we took photos at, or the small pond that we took our engagement photos at. Besides the... Read More scenery, Tarrywile is really the place you can customize your wedding. You can use their preferred list of caterers, photographers, and other vendors, but you can also make it your own, off their list. We decided to use 2 different foot trucks, and with Tarrywile's flexibility, we were really able to make our wedding exactly what we wanted. One thing I do suggest is to use a set up/clean up/wait staff service that comes before, helps throughout and cleans up for you. I highly recommend the service we used, JLS Bartending and Special event services (Jessica Smith; [email protected] found on Thumbtack- https://www.thumbtack.com/ct/norwalk/food-services/catering-event-coordinating). We set the hours they came and left (9am-8pm) and they did absolutely everything for us (set up tables, including the cloths, plates, etc., brought food to the guests, everything!). Don't think twice about Tarrywile- it's the way to go!

2017-09-29T12:59:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review Kaitlyn, I'm so happy you chose us to share your wedding day with. I'm glad everything worked out well with the food trucks, it's always a risk when not using a caterer from our approved caterers list since they... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Lori B

What a stunning place for a wedding. The weather being perfect that day did help, but honestly all of the preparation was made simple by those who run the Mansiou. Big shout out to Anne-Marie specifically who assisted with all of our questions. The day was exactly as we... Read More expected and ALL of our guests were so impressed. They continue to compliment us on choosing Tarrywile Mansion for our special day. THANK YOU to all of the staff there!!! Larry and Lori

2017-09-25T08:24:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you Larry & Lori, I'm so happy your day was everything you wanted and more. Best of luck to you both!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Kelly N

We had such a wonderful experience with Tarrywile. We worked with Anne-Marie in the process and she was helpful, kind, and always got back to us right away. The grounds are beautiful; there are many beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces to work with for both a ceremony and a... Read More reception depending on the weather. Definitely recommend!

2017-08-15T10:28:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such a lovely review. It was such a pleasure working with you. I wish you both many blessings in your marriage and a long and happy life together.

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Fred W

We had our wedding at The Tarrywile Mansion on 6/10/17. Perfect venue. Beautiful setting. Great staff!

2017-06-15T09:52:03 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad your wedding day was as beautiful as you imagined. Wishing you many happy years!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Patricia V

Excelente over all

2017-06-13T09:14:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the brief but glowing recommendation!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Jessica O

Where do I begin?! Tarrywile was the absolute perfect venue for our vintage wedding. Wedding date was May 20 for 90 guests. Flowers were in bloom and landscaping was well kept. Anne-Marie and staff were responsive to emails and calls. They even accommodated for my family and... Read More planner to be able to decorate the day before. We went with all their vendor recommendations and were not let done at all. I got endless compliments on our venue choice. It felt intimate and welcoming, like you were celebrating at someones home. Not your basic hall or barn wedding. Tarrywile gave our wedding a unique and timeless feel.

2017-06-02T10:05:10 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy you chose us to be a part of your wedding day. It was a pleasure to work with you and see all your hard work come together for such a beautiful event. Good luck and God bless! Anne-Marie

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Flo S

Of all of the many decisions and choices to make when planning a wedding the easiest, best, no...perfect choice was Tarrywile Mansion. The staff was wonderful, the grounds are beautiful, and the mansion is pristine. If you want to feel like you stepped back in a beautiful moment... Read More in time, if you want a unique setting that you can put your personal touch on then Tarrywile Mansion is the place to be.

2016-10-17T11:45:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us such a lovely review. It was a pleasure working with you and I am so pleased your experience with Tarrywile Mansion was such a positive one.

Reviewed on 5/21/2016

My wife and I had our wedding here on May 7th. We enjoyed using the mansion and personalizing it to reflect our love for each other and the interests that built the foundation of our relationship. The hospitality that the mansion staff provided was excellent. They also... Read More provided a great caterer that knew their way around the mansion and grounds. The staff gave us flexibility to choose a photographer and DJ that provided services above our expectations as well. Overall, our guest had a terrific and memorable time. We will definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking to think outside for their wedding planning.

2016-05-23T09:17:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you Scot and Mirjana, it was such a pleasure meeting and working with you both. I wish you much joy in your marriage.

Great lowkey venue

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Michelle Y

Beautiful venue with lots of space indoors and out.

2016-01-06T11:51:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you Michelle for taking the time to share your experience. I wish you the best of luck in the coming new year and all the years to come.

Beautiful on a Budget

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

I am a graduate student, and my husband was also in school while we were planning the wedding. We wanted a quality location for a reasonable price, and Tarrywile was the best choice in the Danbury area. We had a garden-themed wedding. The grape arbor was a perfect ceremony site.... Read More All of our pictures look lush and colorful. We had about 100 guests, which is a little tight in the mansion. Get creative, and plan to transition rooms. We turned the conservatory into the dance room. Guests loved that there was both a space for party and space for quieter talking outside. The mansion was free on the day before the wedding and we (our family & friends) were therefore allowed to decorate a day early. I'm not sure how we would have pulled it off without this time. Thank you Tarrywile!

2015-08-14T09:32:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you Knottie95631108, I am glad you had a wonderful wedding day, and I am confident you and your team would have pulled it off spectacularly even if the day before was unavailable. Love the photos! Many blessings to you both!

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Chelsey M

The historic and well cared for mansion and property is full of charm. Our family and friends were able to experience a variety of scenery through out our wedding. Our wedding ceremony was under a blooming grape arbor, cocktail hour was through out the entire mansion, including... Read More the conservatory and veranda. Our reception was under a large tent adjacent to conservatory and grape arbor. Pictures were taken around an apple orchard, through out various flower gardens and around a gazebo. This vendor is well priced and the events coordinator was a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend renting Tarrywile Park & Mansion for your future event, or just visit to hike and enjoy nature at it finest!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015

My June 13th wedding at Tarrywile mansion was amazing. The mansion is so pretty that we need minimal decorations. We had our ceremony under the grape arbor, so picturesque, and lawn games close to the mansion. Kids and adults enjoyed hiking around the mansion on the day of the... Read More event. I would highly recommend Tarrywile to everyone!

Great venue

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 Jayme E

When we first learned about Tarrywile, we fell in love with it. This is a great spot for any event, but our wedding was perfect. We held the ceremony under the grape arbor which was in full bloom. Then our cocktail hour was on the veranda which was also very nice. Then our... Read More reception was inside the mansion. So many people complimented us on what a beautiful mansion it was, and wanted to know how we had found out about Tarrywile. My husband and I also love hiking the trails. Becky and Anne Marie are so wonderful to work with, and are willing to do so much for the brides. This venue is affordable and is much more unique than a standard banquet hall. We loved our wedding at Tarrywile

April indoor wedding

Reviewed on 5/09/2013 Heather F

I had my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all at Tarrywile to cut down on time and cost. I fit perfectly into our budget and feel of the wedding. My wedding was a small group of 50 people and Tarrywile worked well for that sized group, I would not recommend it for a larger... Read More group if you are just indoors and want everyone to see. Staff was helpful and on top of paperwork.