The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

This renovated historic Farmhaus is the ideal setting for a rustic farm wedding filled with charm and natural beauty. The Allen Farmhaus in New Branfels, Texas, is a family-run farm and event space steeped in over a hundred years of design and experience. The farm includes over 52 acres of immaculate land with both indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception spaces. The Bridal Suite is the original Farmhaus itself, featuring 12-foot ceilings, a wet bar, several delicate, cozy spaces for bridal party prep. Also, offering a private Grooms Suite separate from the Bridal Suite. Caterers can also feel fully equipped in the large food prep area located in the barn itself, allowing a seamless catering experience throughout the night. Ceremony and reception spots include:

Barn. This uniquely structured, 100-foot-long barn includes side-by-side sliding doors, opening up the event to the Texan night air. Up to 250 guests can celebrate in this space during a seated affair, and up to 299 friends and family can enjoy a standing cocktail reception. Groups of over 300 can be accommodated with special arrangements. The space's neutral architecture allows for any and all rustic wedding themes, giving couples free reign to realize their vision.

Ceremony Site. There are several outdoor ceremony options, including underneath a beautiful 300 year old oak tree that features an incredible natural canopy, throughout the grounds of the farm or in front of the scenic barn. All selections allow for stunning first-look and ceremony photos.

Tented Reception. Plenty of open space is available for an outdoor tented reception, incorporating the panoramic views of countryside and historic architecture. A stunning bar area is situated just next to the space, flanked by two towering trees and creating a natural reception ambiance in the landscape of the space.

Both catering and alcohol can be provided by an outside vendor, pending the company follows all Texas alcohol regulations and provides a licensed bartender. The Allen Farmhaus is more than happy to provide a list of trusted clients and vendors that have worked with the farm in the past. Tables, chairs and benches are included in the venue rental.

Couples can rent the space from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and must begin setup in the morning. Extensions in either direction can be arranged with prior notice. The Allen Farmhaus allows bubbles for the sendoff moment, and other materials can be run by the staff for approval ahead of time. A nearby events company is available to provide rustic elements, such as church pews, hay bales and vintage tractors.

Hospitality and charm make up the primary focus of this Texas venue. Couples seeking a farm-style celebration can find all they need at this historic spot. Additional perks include:

• Endless views of farmland for peaceful seclusion
  • Stunning wildflower fields in spring and summer
  • Option to hold entire evening in one venue
  • Ample on-site parking
  • Close proximity to both Austin and San Antonio

Vintage charm meets southern excellence

The Allen Farmhaus brings a fresh perspective to vintage charm. Located right outside of the New Braunfels city limits, these 52 acres of rolling hay fields provide an unparalleled backdrop for the perfect wedding. A majestic setting under a historic 300 year old oak tree, a perfectly framed view of the rolling land for miles, and custom made grand sliding barn doors are only a few of the many options for the ideal on site ceremony location. Our reception barn features sliding barn doors throughout the space, providing an unobstructed view straight through the structure. The focus on bringing the outdoors in has never been so perfectly captured.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Historic Venue

2606 FM 758, New Braunfels, TX (830) 358-3333

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stephanie C

When I first stepped foot on the property I automatically fell in love! As I walked in the huge bridal house I already saw my wedding come together! Then seeing the amazing barn and the doors took my breath away! After our tour I signed the contract to have my wedding there in... Read More December :-) and I couldn't be more happy!! Plus the Kraft girls and their parents are the sweetest people in the world ❤️

2016-11-01T09:45:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are so happy you love the space and have found the perfect location for your wedding day. December cannot come soon enough!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Hope R

I wish there were more stars for rating because The Allen Farmhaus and the wonderful people who run it deserve more than 5. The girls worked literally around the clock the weekend of my wedding to make sure that everything was ready to go and looking amazing. The outdoor chapel... Read More is absolutely gorgeous and with the fields in the background it made for a very peaceful ceremony. Then we opened the barn doors during the reception and it was super nice letting the evening breeze blow through. I wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 12/25/2016 Gracie C

The owners are not in the business of making money- rather they are in the business of being part of people's special days. They go above and beyond to make events perfect. They are very accomodating, fun, and have made this the perfect venue for any event. My husband and I... Read More visited with the owners before the barn was built, and saw no floorpans, renderings, or even sketches of what they were envisioning, rather we just heard what they were envisioning, and their passion sold us! Once we saw the venue completely built it was better than what we could have imagined for our wedding reception.

2016-12-26T11:18:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We absolutely loved working with you and your husband and are so grateful you allowed us to be a part of your special day. Thank you for your faith in us and we are so happy that you had the wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Staci S

I was lucky enough to visit this site while they were still working on it. My boyfriend stayed late a few times to help with it all, so I decided to bring him dinner. After we ate he took me around the property and I just couldn't help but fall in love with it! The family that... Read More owns the venue is so kind and helpful! We have decided to have our wedding here in April and I just can't wait!!!

2016-12-12T10:19:59 Response from the vendor

We loved having you visit when everything was coming together and cannot wait to have you out for your wedding. It is going to be beautiful and we are honored to be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 JG A

Amazing location and beautiful venue

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amy D

The Allen Farmhaus is an absolutely gorgeous venue! From the time you set foot on the property, your eyes will be drawn to so many unique and amazing details. This venue offers a rustic elegance with breathtaking views of the countryside. The owners are a family that have... Read More invested their hearts and souls into making this property a perfect place to have your event. They will go above and beyond to make sure each and every detail is taken care of with grace and dedication!

2016-11-01T09:47:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback! We are honored that you love the property as much as we do. We are more than happy to help with anything leading up to and on the day of to make sure your wedding is exactly how you have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Landon F

Short story: great venue Long story: my fiancé and I were looking for a venue in the hill country that we could have both our ceremony and reception at and could been outdoors. This place completely fit the bill and was more than we could have even imagined ourselves. We said we... Read More wanted a barn ✔️ We wanted Edison bulb lights ✔️ We wanted outdoor space ✔️ We wanted a rustic feel ✔️ We wanted lots of outdoor space ✔️ We wanted it to feel like home for our guests ✔️✔️✔️ We couldn't have asked for more and the ladies working there were great too. If you are looking for a venue in the hill country that is actually reasonably priced- look no further.

2016-11-01T09:49:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind feedback! We are so happy to have fulfilled exactly what you were looking for and are counting down the days to your wedding that will be here in only a short few weeks. We are so lucky to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Paul M

The Allen Farmhaus is an amazing venue! The scenery on the property is beautiful and the indoor areas are impressive. I liked the large dance floor and the overall fun atmosphere! The Farmhaus is selfie and picture friendly, everywhere you look is great photo opportunity.... Read More There is a lot of space to have lots of fun inside and out. The ladies at the farmhaus are very helpful and just the best!

2016-11-01T09:51:11 Response from the vendor

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you love the property and Farmhaus! Many wonderful memories have been made in the Farmhaus and we are thrilled that you and your party enjoyed some happy times out here as well. Come back and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Emily M

There's not a bad thing I can say about this venue or the family that runs it! The venue grounds, huge barn, and beautiful country backdrop will help make for a wonderful reception and celebration. The Kraft sisters made us feel so welcome the first time we saw the grounds, and... Read More we can't wait to have our special day at the Allen Farmhaus!!

2016-11-01T09:53:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much and it was a sincere pleasure meeting you and your fiance! We are happy that you enjoyed your tour, and cannot wait to see how beautiful your wedding and reception are!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Courtney F

The picturesque scenery and sisters make this venue absolutely perfect. You drive up to a beautiful home which has been immaculately refinished, 52 acres of beautiful farm land and a barn that shouldn't even be called a barn it's so stunning. We are getting married here in 3... Read More weeks and I literally can not wait to see how the pictures come out and just to show our friends and family the venue. The sisters have acccomodated all of our requests, no matter how off the wall, and have been a joy to work with. If you are looking for a rustic-esque venue that still provides touches of modern and a warm, inviting feeling- look no further!!! Can't say enough!

2016-11-01T09:55:37 Response from the vendor

We are so honored to be working with you both! No request is off the wall - it is always fun to work with the new and original ideas that our Brides have and we are happy to do our best to fulfill their requests!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mariana F

As mother of the bride , this place took my breath away. Knowing a venue which is on an amazing peace of farm land and the view outside is so beautiful . Wish my wedding was there!

2016-11-01T09:57:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are happy that you enjoyed yourself so much on the property. Please come visit us anytime - we love sharing our piece of countryside!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mariana F

2016-11-01T10:17:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We would have been honored to have been the location for your wedding, but are thrilled that your daughter will be hosting her special day with us!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Deanna D

I cannot wait to have my wedding at the Farmhaus! We had been searching forever and as soon as we stepped on the property I felt like it was going to be our final stop, and it was! Not only was the bridal suite amazing, they also have an incredible space for my fiancé to spend... Read More the day. I seriously think they thought of everything. The barn is stunning and we are thrilled we will have the option to use the ac, although the breeze out there is perfect so I highly doubt we will need it. We are so excited for our wedding and will be counting down our days till we say I do at the Farmhaus!

2016-11-01T09:59:20 Response from the vendor

We cannot wait either! We absolutely adored the vision you have for your wedding and know it will be stunning. The Bridal Suite and Groom Suite will be all ready for the big day and it will be so wonderful to see others enjoy them!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Olanna N

Very impressed by this place!! Everything was so picturesque. The staff was also so warm and helpful.

2016-11-01T10:00:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It is always so rewarding and wonderful to hear that others enjoy the property and our own piece of the country.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Adrien E

They are truly my favorite venue out there! The family who owns Allen Farmhaus goes over and beyond for their clients and vendors. We scheduled a Styled Wedding Shoot for the month of September and it turned out BEAUTIFUL! As a photographer, I appreciate venues who think about... Read More their details in a creative aspect. Literally every detail they offer, looks absolutely stunning in photos. I will always recommend The Allen Farmhaus to all of my clients and friends. Not to mention, I will be using them for my own wedding!

2016-11-01T10:02:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was so exciting to get creative with you and really challenge ourselves to come up with new ideas. The way that the backdrop and the hanging ladder on site were used in the shoot were absolutely stunning. You outdid yourself... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Liz L

Really charming location! We got so many great photos that night. The Allen Farmhaus is so gorgeous and scenic! Ideal spot for a large dancing crowd ;)!

2016-11-01T10:02:53 Response from the vendor

We enjoyed the photos as well and were so happy you, and all the rest of the guests had a wonderful time! Thank you for spending some time with us out at the Farmhaus!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katrina B

A stunning venue with a beautiful farmland background. We knew this was the place we wanted to get married. I have know the Kraft sisters for over 10 years and they are wonderful people. They have been so helpful and easy to work with to make sure or day is special.

2016-11-01T10:03:46 Response from the vendor

We are honored to get to work with you and make your dream wedding happen! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make this such a perfect day for you.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ashley M

The Allen Farmhaus is absolutely stunning and the perfect venue for any wedding. I've had the pleasure of knowing the Kraft sisters for close to ten years and they are two of the hardest working girls I have ever met. Their attention to detail is second to none. They've done an... Read More amazing job transforming this venue into a dream wedding location. Their communication skills are excellent and they will guide you through the process from start to finish. They are passionate about making your specia day the most magical day of your life. I highly reccomend this venue to anyone considering it.

2016-11-01T10:05:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It has been us who are so lucky to know you and have the opportunity to now get to work together for your upcoming special event. We cannot wait to see it all come together!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Susan T

The most original and beautiful venue I have had the opportunity to visit! The staff was amazing, the reception barn was gorgeous and had an incredible breeze paired with a/c, and the wide open spaces were a breath of fresh air. I was actually sad when the reception was over... Read More and I had to leave! I would have stayed in the rocking chairs on the back porch forever. I would highly recommend this venue to friends and family. Who knows, maybe one day I will renew my vows there!

2016-11-01T10:06:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback! It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your time on property, and even more specifically in the barn with the a/c and outdoor breeze. We would love the opportunity to work with you and have a beautiful vow renewal!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kristen H

Wonderful property with magnificent views of wide open farmland! Convenient location and super helpful staff!

2016-11-01T10:07:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy that you were able to come out and enjoy a visit.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brandi W

What a charming place! Love it

2016-11-01T10:07:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us at the Farmhaus!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Gilberto C

I knew this was the place my daughter wanted to get married in, her eyes lite up when she saw the venue. The owners were very nice and made me feel welcomed. The farmhouse is big, open and looks very well done. The rooms for the bride and groom get ready are very nice. I am... Read More very pleased with everything. The price is also very reasonable for a wedding. The view is nice and it is good that it is not close to other houses so you can have a great time and not worry about the noise.

2016-11-01T10:13:00 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that you, along with your daughter love the property! Seeing everyone using the Bridal Suite and Grooms Suite the day of will be so exciting. We are happy there is enough space for everyone to spread out and have a relaxing... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Gloria C

The family in charge are the sweetest people and they make you feel like family walking into their venue. The bridal sweet is beautiful with a home feel to it, the groom suit is so fun and will defiantly keep the guys entertained. We fell in love with it the moment we walked... Read More around the venue. My husband and I could not have picked a better place for our daughters wedding! The surrounding view is breathtaking as well. This is defiantly a venue that will be sure to make any bride and groom have the time of their life.

2016-11-01T10:14:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy that you enjoy what each space has to offer to the party and look forward to seeing everyone enjoying themselves the day of. Thank you for working with us and letting us be a part of your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

This was a charming South Texas venue and I was very impressed. I just loved that it had separate places for the groomsman and the bride to chill before the big event. The men really liked being able to play games and relax. The bride and her entourage had the quaint old... Read More farmhouse to get ready in. The air-conditioned barn was such a pleasant surprise on a hot July day. We really enjoyed the ambiance of old wood, tin and metal. They somehow managed to pull off a combination of casual elegance and rustic charm. It is a beautiful venue to get married in!

2016-11-01T10:16:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all the spaces, especially the air conditioning in the open aired reception barn. We are happy you had such an enjoyable time at the event and look forward to next time... Read Less Read More

Meet The Manager

Cassie and Maitlyn

Raised on a farm not too far from The Allen Farmhaus, sisters Cassie and Maitlyn had always dreamed of getting back to their roots and working together. After discussing the idea of starting a wedding venue together for years, the two decided to finally take a leap of faith together. In October 2015, the sisters traded in their pen and paper for power tools and started to renovate the Bridal Suite. Since then they have worked on numerous other projects at The Allen Farmhaus and never looked back. It brings them joy to share the property, its history, and its future with others.