The Ardmore Mansion at MountainView Manor

Glen Spey, NY

Book Your Wedding with The Ardmore Mansion at MountainView Manor

A BALLROOM IN GLEN SPEY, NY

The Ardmore Mansion at MountainView Manor is a family owned business located in Glen Spey, New York. This venue sits on a multi-acre property nestled into the Delaware Valley and is surrounded by scenic views of lush green hills. The mansion itself features elegant Victorian architecture with a number of playful modern touches. It provides an outdoor space for ceremonies and a partially indoor partially outdoor space for receptions. This venue is ideal for small to medium sized wedding parties.

The Ceremony Garden. The outdoor ceremony garden is located at the front of the Ardmore Mansion. It features a meticulously maintained lawn that is spacious enough to seat up to 150 guests. The garden is surrounded by a rustic looking rock wall with a number of mature trees on the other side. Couples can say their vows on the front steps of the mansion. This elevates them so that all of their guests can have an unobstructed view as they exchange vows. Many couples also use this garden as the backdrop for their wedding photos.

The Ardmore Mansion Lounge. The Ardmore Mansion itself is an elegant venue with an inviting atmosphere. It features a lounge area with number of comfortable chairs and couches where wedding guests can relax and enjoy themselves over cocktails. This space directly connects to the bar and offers access to an outdoor deck. If this indoor and outdoor space is combined, it can accommodate 150 guests.

The Ardmore Mansion Dining Room. The dining room of the Ardmore Mansion features exposed heavy wooden ceiling beams and a tin ceiling. This area also offers guests access to an outside deck that is as large as the dining room itself. This space can comfortably seat 150 guests for a full seated meal or up to 120 guests for a buffet style reception.

The Ardmore Mansion at MountainView Manor offers on site accommodations for out of town guests or newly married couples who want to stay the night. The Ardmore Mansion features nine fully restored Victorian rooms. Couples who get married on the premises are given a complimentary bridal suite. The wedding party can rent additional accommodations in a block of four or eight rooms.

This venue provides all catering and beverage services for weddings. They offer traditional meal service, station style meals or a self-serve buffet. They offer a wide variety of menu items, including vegan and vegetarian options. These catering packages come with alcohol services that include a full bar as well as beer, wine and champagne. This venue also provides a customized wedding cake.

The Ardmore Mansion at MountainView Manor provides wedding parties with many of the necessities they need for their event including all chairs and tables. They also provide table linens in a variety of colors, floral centerpieces, china flatware and glassware. Costs for these items are included in rental fees.

The Ardmore Mansion at MountainView Manor is a beautiful venue that offers wedding parties a number of useful extra perks.

• Custom outdoor lighting
  • Complimentary guest parking on site
  • High definition audio-visual equipment provided
  • Nearby fishing spots on the Delaware river
  • Nearby access to High Point State Park

Experience a historic mansion's timeless elegance

Celebrate your wedding in supreme comfort & elegance, where gourmet dining & attention to detail create the supreme Mansion wedding experience. The charm of historic Ardmore Mansion provides an elegant country escape with timeless appeal. Multiple exciting indoor/outdoor options available.

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel

369 High Rd., Glen Spey, NY (845) 856-1105

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Rachel M

Our wedding on May 13, 2017 at Mountain View Manor was amazing. Everything went according to plan and that is largely because of what Mountain View Manor offers. Despite the rain, we never stressed because we knew that the inside of the mansion was as majestic as the... Read More outside. We enjoyed the intimate space. Orest was helpful in helping us plan everything via email (we toured MVM with Tim, the chef, and booked within days). The maitre d, Lauren, was relaxed and offered guidance from the rehearsal on. Orest was also on-site on our wedding day. We did not have to stress about a single detail because the staff was always one step ahead of us, anticipating all of our needs. Our dinners were kept warm, our drinks flowing, and everything happened seamlessly. We used several of the vendors recommended by MVM. The flowers from Sue at Floral Cottage were exactly what I envisioned. I had asked her to replicate an arrangement that had special significance. I asked for lilacs and several other specific flowers and Sue delivered. The fresh garland on the banister and centerpieces at the rehearsal dinner were an added bonus. Ellie put cake aside in the bridal suite for us. Marcie (hair/make up) made everyone look gorgeous and was so fun to work with. Selecting Christina Zen Photography was one of our best decisions. We already talk about wanting Christina to do photo shoots for us in the future as our family grows. Our families loved staying at the manor in the guest rooms and it was so special to us to be able to spend Friday through Sunday together. We looked at several venues in the Hudson Valley area but fell in love with MVM. We had eleven nieces and nephews in our wedding and the venue was relaxed about having kids around. Friends in the restaurant business commented how impressed they were that the hors d'oeuvres were served hot and said that is a rarity. The raw oysters and chicken parmesan pieces were a hit with our guests. All of the food was absolutely delicious and we received several rave reviews of the filet mignon. As promised, it was very evident that the food was fresh and prepared with expertise. We know that Tim (chef) takes great pride in what he does. He even did his best to accommodate several vegetarians and we very much enjoyed both the rehearsal dinner and Sunday breakfast spread. The staff working alongside Tim on Sunday morning were so personable and took time out to speak with our parents on Mother's Day. Many of our guests commented on how we were continuously smiling throughout our wedding. Our smiles were magnified ten-fold because of the whole experience. The after party worked well and we were thankful to have that extra time with our friends and family in a picturesque space. We loved all of the decorated fireplaces, each one unique. We had such a memorable weekend and will forever be grateful that we choose Mountain View Manor. We wish we could live that series of days again and again. We already knew we made a solid choice and anticipated that everything would be wonderful and as the weekend was happening we took particular notice of the professionalism of the staff and the beauty of the place and felt validated in our decision. We highly recommend that other couples take time to consider this venue.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Sandra P

My husband and I had our wedding there Sept 2, 2017 and I could not have asked for more. Lauren helped keep everything organized and flow beautifully--she was AMAZING. Tim was the cook and he made everything so delicious and was great with any menu alterations I requested.... Read More The servers were all nice and respectful. It was so nice not to have to worry about anything. And the place is BEAUTIFUL. Thank you Orest and Lauren and Tim and everyone for being so great and making the best day of my life so stress free! Everyone should get married here.

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Jessica M

We had the perfect wedding! Everything went so smoothly and perfect, we couldn't have asked for anything better. All of our guest were so impressed with how beautiful the manor is and fell in love with it as much as we did. We really enjoyed all the time we spent just hanging... Read More around the manor Friday night and Saturday morning. It was so quiet and peaceful and we got to really enjoy some time with our bridal party and family which was so nice. It was so private, it felt like we were at our own house. Orest's recommendation list is spot on. He is correct in saying that these people are the best! DJ Flow was absolutely amazing! He did exactly what I wanted, which was have people dancing from start to finish, even before dinner was served! Our cake (By Ellie, Ellegant Cakes) was delicious and food (By Tim) was SO delicious and so much variety, definitely not typical wedding food, our flowers ( By Sue, Floral Cottage) and centerpieces were absolutely stunning and our photographer (Erin Peters Photography)was awesome! Everything came together so perfectly and I didn't have to do or worry about a thing! All of the staff was so helpful and nice. I definitely recommend getting married here. It will beyond your expectations and definitely better than a normal wedding banquet hall!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 guest g

Don't do it, you will not be happy. Bad food, bad service, the place is beautiful on the outside, the catering hall is not. The set up is not user friendly, the bar service was terrible, you could hardly get a drink without waiting in line because they have one small bar. The... Read More bench seats out side had the nails sticking up so you had to watch where you sat. The food was not good it was a cheap piece of Prime rib, the tuna was not good also. The Potato arrive in tin foil and covered in something that I have never seen before. Vegetable were from a can, not good at all. Couldn't get a water refill had to get my own pitcher. I have been to many affairs and this was easily the most disappointing. In spite of all the bad thing that this venue did we still had a good time. My advice find a professional place this is not one.

2017-06-26T09:55:43 Response from the vendor

I am sorry that you, as a guest, did not enjoy yourself at last night’s wedding. I would, however, like to address the things you mentioned. In terms of the bar, we ran through 150 guests getting drinks at the start of cocktail hour after... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Moriah R

Having our wedding here was a dream come true. Orest worked with our budget to come up with a beautiful wedding for us. Tim the cook does an amazing job, our guests are still talking about how good the food was! The day ran smoothly and perfectly thanks to the help of the... Read More MountainView Manor staff. The day was just perfect.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Rebecca M

Just had my wedding ceremony & reception at the Mountainview. Everything was perfect and we could not ask for a more beautiful setting and atmosphere! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Amanda H

Thank you Orest and everyone else! Our wedding day couldn't have been more relaxed and beautiful. Orest and his staff took complete care of us from start to finish. We knew from the moment we visited it was the place for us. Our wedding and ceremony were at the Ardmore Mansion,... Read More not the ballroom. We also had our ceremony at the stone walls, instead of on the stairs. The interior is classic without being overbearingly ornate. Orest answered every one of my emails with patience and clear instruction. This is a family owned business and you can tell they truly love what they do. Tim, the head chef, set up a call with us to go over our menu. Some of our bridal party and guests are vegetarian and he worked with us to make some apps and the caesar dressing edible for them. All of the food is fresh made. No outside catering. We heard from so many of our guests how great the food was. The filet of sole stuffed with crabmeat is actually what my husband and I both ordered for ourselves, instead of maybe sharing two different things, it was that good. Our package had a sundae bar to go along with the cake for desert. The cake is made by Elliegant Cakes. Ellie was a joy to work with, and the finished cake was delicious. She also set up non-alcoholic drinks for our guests, as well as made food for the bridal party while we were getting ready. Every vendor we used was recommended by Orest. Sue at Floral Cottage did a wonderful job, as well as Ralph: DJ Flow. We also used The Studio for our Photo Booth and Jennifer Manzi for photography. All of the vendors, Mountain View Manor included, work together so much that it's like you are dealing with a family. I highly recommend this venue. It's beautiful, classic, and laid back all at once. You will not be treated like a number. Nor will you feel pressured at any time. I had a few people tell me it was the most fun they had at a wedding, and I'm pretty sure they meant it.

Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 1/07/2015 Rachel R

I can't say enough positive, beautiful, wonderful things about Mountain View Manor and the Ardmore Mansion and staff. Our wedding was a dream and it's truly thanks to them. We were looking for an old house or mansion where we could have a wedding weekend. We wanted a venue... Read More where we could stay and have our wedding party and family and guests stay. This venue was perfect for exactly that. My husband found the Ardmore here online at The Knot. We had been looking around the Hudson Valley/Delaware Valley area. We drove up and met Orest who gave us a tour and selling points. The major clincher for me was that Orest didn't "sell" it. We had been places that felt like we were being 'sold' something. Orest just told us what the venue offered and the reviews and was so confident he didn't need to put on a show. And everything he said was true! This is the email I wrote to Orest after our wedding. This should suffice as a review I think!!! We loved our wedding there, every guest said it was the best wedding they had been to and where on earth did we find this place! I'm so happy we picked Ardmore Mansion. Orest, I did not get to thank you personally this past weekend for our perfect wedding. We can't even tell you how many people asked how we found the place, about the food, about the cake and flowers. The food! We loved every morsel Tim cooked. I didn't want to stop eating anything. The cocktail hour, rehearsal dinner, and especially the reception. My beef was cooked to perfection and one of my guests, who is a beef connoisseur, agreed it was absolutely marvelous. Your vendors are truly top notch. Ellie, Sue, and Marcie were impeccable. Their services were perfect. Marcie made me feel beautiful and was so much fun to be around all morning. Ellie's cake was to die for. Sue's flowers were stunning and are still alive in our apartment! Your staff is one of a kind. Oksana is a delight, don't let go of her ever! She made the day calm, organized, and wonderful. The rest of your staff was patient, funny, and incredibly kind. One of the bartenders, Victoria, even wrote a note in our 'guest book' that touched our hearts. Their standard of service was above and beyond any I have ever received. Thank you for giving us our perfect dream wedding. We are so sad it's over because of how amazing it was and we won't get to go back to Mountain View any time soon! Although you may get some inquiries from our guests planning weddings because they fell in love with the place just as we did.

The most perfect place to be married

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Zena C

This place is the most perfect wedding venue, no joke! Everything gets figured out ahead of time, down to the minute, without any stress at all! The morning of the wedding I was literally sitting around doing nothing because they took care of everything. They even put up the... Read More decorations I brought! The food was beyond phenomenal, my family is still talking, a month later, about how great the food was, the cake was, just how great the entire day was. They loved the service, everyone was so friendly and relaxed, my wedding day had to be one of the least stressful days in my life because MountainView Manor was soooooo wonderful. I would really suggest that everyone look into this place. It is located on beautiful property with beautiful buildings, excellent service, food, and planning, it can't get any better!

My Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Janielle Z

I got married at MountainView Manor on 8/2/14. I honestly don't even know where to begin. It was truly my wedding dream come true. We spent the entire weekend on the grounds from the rehearsal dinner Friday evening to a Farewell Brunch on Sunday morning and everything was... Read More perfection. The grounds and venues (we used both the mansion and and ballroom) were exquisite and all the little touches I chose to add were incorporated into the setting beautifully by the staff. Orest (owner) was the epitome of professionalism and answered my every (and there were a lot!) question throughout the whole planning process, so when we arrived for the weekend, it was stress free and seamless. Oksana (maitre'd and point person during the festivities) was literally an angel sent from heaven. She calmed me when I was nervous, took care of business whenever I needed her to and was literally there every step of the way. Tim (the chef) was unbelievable and my guests are still talking about how incredible every bite of food was all weekend long! Sue from Floral Cottage did such in incredible job with the flowers, I honestly cried when I saw them. Ellie from Elliegant cakes made us not only a gorgeous cake that was exactly what I asked for, but it was delicious along with the Viennese Table that she put together for us. My new husband and I enjoyed every moment of our gorgeous wedding weekend and we are so grateful to MVM for making it so incredibly special for us. I will brag (in a good way, I promise) about my wonderful wedding and MVM for the rest of my life!

Kasper wedding 7/26/14

Reviewed on 8/06/2014

I am not even sure if there are words good enough to express how Awesome Mountain View Manor was ! Our guest are still raving about how they never had such a great time at a wedding! Orest was the best. He walked us through the whole processes one step at a time and was there to... Read More answer every and any question we had. Orest and the whole staff could not have been any better from the chef, to the waiters, to the matradee who I just loved ! Everything went so smooth from beginning to end they couldn't have made our wedding day anymore spectacular ! If you book with mountain view manor I would recommend using all of their vendors because they all just work so well together. Our wedding was a dream come true thanks to Orest and his staff at Mountain View Manor. I wish we could do it all again we truly had the time of our lives with many amazing memories to share for years to come

Love this place

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Angela N

We got married at Mountain View Manor just this past July 18th. It was an amazing and fantastic day. Orest, Tim, Oksana, and their staff really made our wedding day proceed as smooth as possible. They were all very professional, friendly, and great people to work with. From the... Read More very beginning, when we were just inquiring about the venue, to the very end, when we left the manor after wedding day, Orest was a pleasure to work with. He is very accommodating and honest with you. He answered all my questions within reasonable amount of time throughout the entire planning. He worked with our budget to get us the best deal possible. There were many amenities that was included in the package we picked. We love the fact that everything we could have needed was provided and included (i.e. tables, linens, cake, dessert table) already. It made planning that much easier. Tim is awesome, very easy going. We met him first and he had given us the tour of the manor and made us feel at ease. He is an awesome chef. The food was delicious and presented so beautifully on our wedding day. He accommodated menu choices for our guest who had special dietary needs, which is a plus. Oksana did a wonderful job as maître d'. She is very helpful and made sure everything we wanted done on the day of the wedding was complete. She dealt with putting out our guestbooks, favors, and other accessories we had for our wedding then had everything packed away and left for us after the wedding. Also, Sue (our florist), Ellie (our "cake lady"), and Lisa (our officiant) were all a doll to work with. They are simply awesome people. We love the fact that we had the whole mansion all to ourselves for all three days. We stayed Thursday night, wedding was Friday night, and left Saturday morning. The whole place was well-kept, clean, and had everything we could have needed. We had no problem checking in, even when it was very late (10pm). Orest took care of everything for us. Check out was a breeze. I love how the rooms were right upstairs, no need to worry about forgetting to bring anything that you may need during any part of the day. The only minor worry I had was how strict some of the rules had seemed and the low/spotty phone and wi-fi (wi-fi was free! a plus) service but everything worked out well in the end. It was truly wonderful. We had a such a blast on our wedding day as well as during our stay at the manor. Thank you Orest for all the help you and your staff had given us, making our wedding day even more special. We really appreciate everything.

Not What I was Expecting..

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Cynthia C

Ok I am going to be short because I had really high hopes for my wedding. Don't get me wrong, it was beautiful and unforgettable, but things could have run much more smoothly. First of all, I am probably the most easy going bride ever and the owner Orest made me feel uneasy with... Read More a couple of things. Warning: Do not have a Sunday wedding. They will treat you differently, for example until about a month before my wedding I was told we could rent the rooms outside of the mansion to our guests. Considering this was a huge part of the wedding since it was a destination for us this would have been helpful to know at booking Sunday weddings are not privy to those rooms. This was the biggest and most important reason we booked this place!! It has since been added to the website this is not available to Sunday weddings. Okay moving on. I was about 10 minutes late for my ceremony and was basically rushed by Orest to get outside so we can start cocktail hour. I wasn't sure what the huge deal was but I'll elaborate on this later on. P.S. our ceremony was a whole 10 mins long. Next thing..We were unable to make it to the tasting for the food so we winged it..no big deal. We unfortunately had a lot of comments on how bad the food was. I was surprised because I did not mind the proteins but the sides were soggy and flavorless. The twice baked potato was I think 6 times baked. But oh well, I wasn't too concerned about the food. Now here is where I got pissed, he ended our reception a half hour early. Cocktail hour was supposed to start at 5 and we get 5 hours from then. Since he rushed us out and our ceremony was only 10 mins long he started cocktail hour at 4:30 and made us cut our reception to end at 930. My DJ was even upset since he had more songs to play and he was told by Orest at 925p to end the reception. When guests asked what was going on he told them it is up to management. Lastly, my mother in law is quite upset because one the waitresses had photobombed all of her family pictures. Yes, funny for one photo but it happened to numerous ones. This place wasn't exactly cheap and I paid for my 5 hours.. my $500 10 minute ceremony on grounds and an additional 20% service fee. The least I could get was excellent service. What was great was Oxana our maitre d', she was perfect, her service was excellent and provided us with whatever we needed. She was calm and made me feel at ease. Ellie the cake maker was AMAZING!!!! She was the saving grace for this place and she could tell when I felt uncomfortable and made everything beautiful and great with her sweets! Sue our florist was outstanding! I have never seen such beautiful flowers. Tim the food guy was nice, his food was just lacking. All of the vendors mentioned are provided through the mansion. And I'll give Orest credit. He worked with us through e-mail since we were long distance and was helpful in that sense. This place would have gotten a 5 stars for location, beauty, and cost had these things not happened. At the end of the day I have beautiful pictures and memories and I loved my wedding I just would not have booked this place had I known these things would have happened.

2014-07-09T15:47:42 Response from the vendor

This is the email we wrote the bride. We have not heard back. Hello Cynthia, I have received the review you wrote of your wedding, and I just wanted to take a moment to address some of your comments. I have 4 emails to you... Read Less Read More

MountainView Manor will make sure your wedding is perfect!

Reviewed on 2/01/2014 Jill T

Mountain View Manor was the first and only venue my husband and I visited when starting to plan our wedding. We had no need to look any further. We called Orest 2 hours after meeting with him to book our date. When you walk through the door, you get a sense of a casual... Read More elegance. It is beautifully decorated and maintained and is extremely welcoming. It was perfect and exactly what we were looking for. We could have our family and friends stay there with us, have the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception all in one location, and have exceptional food and service. Orest works tirelessly to make sure that your day or weekend is perfect, and ours definitely was perfect. It is a weekend we will never forget and we thank Orest and his team for that! They thought of everything and were there to make sure all of our guests felt taken care of and had an amazing time. We know that you will not regret visiting and booking your wedding at Mountain View Manor!

Unforgettable Wedding

Reviewed on 2/16/2013 ellen f

A Fall wedding at the Ardmore mansion was breathtaking. The Mansion and grounds are beautiful. Wedding planner, James, is great and very helpful. Cocktail hour and dinner were bountiful and very good. The staff was professional and very attentive. Sue, from Floral cottage,... Read More does breathtaking flower arrangements. Desserts by Ellie left you wanting more. We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding. One change I would suggest. The coffee service is located on the dessert buffet. Guests have to walk with a plate of dessert and hot coffee back to their tables. Table service for coffee would be safer and more convenient for guests. A wonderful Venue!

Falling in Love is Easy To Do

Reviewed on 11/11/2012 Dana L

MountainView Manor is everything it promises and more. The mansion, grounds, and views are beyond beautiful, but the service and stress free environment is what truly makes this venue one of a kind. Everything was perfect for our wedding. Orest, the manager, is fantastic... Read More to work with. On my wedding day I didn't have to think or worry over anything because it was already taken care off. Our needs were anticipated expertly. Everything was set up exactly as I pictured and I never had to say a word. Several guests complimented us on the attentiveness of the wait staff and wedding coordinator, James. The entire day was timed and flawlessly executed thanks to an acute attentiveness to detail demonstrated by everyone who was a part of our wedding. If you want your wedding to be perfect, MountainView Manor is the place to be. They're affordable while being absolutely professional, accommodating, and thoughtful. There's a reason that they keep winning awards; they will exceed your expectations.

Nothing Short of Spectacular!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Hillari R

The Mountainview Manor in Glen Spey, NY is the very BEST wedding venue in New York! I had my wedding there Saturday September 29, 2012 and they worked incredibly hard to make that day the most memorable and drama free. From the moment my guests arrived they were greeted by a... Read More wonderful staff catering to every one of our needs. James is a genuine kind person who works hand in hand to answer any question and fulfill any wish concerning your wedding day. He answers your emails immediately and is so flexible with allowing you to make your wedding day be all about who you are! He understands the stress of planning a wedding and is extremely sincere with pricing and always puts the customers benefit above all. He treated my husband and I with the utmost respect and consideration, which in the business world is of much value. If you are looking for a wedding venue that makes the planning process easy and truly enjoyable Mountainview Manor and their staff is the way to go.

Nice with some problems

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Alison P

We enjoyed our wedding and the site is gorgeous! Our guests had a great time too. The wait staff was amazingly friendly and the chef, Tim, did an amazing job with our food (even though we threw him a curve ball and asked for something off the menu, he knocked it out of the ball... Read More park, amazing!). James, the exclusive wedding coordinator (J-Angelo Events) was great and helped me out throughout the day. They also have a great list of vendors that you can choose from if you want… and you would want to after working with them. We used Ralph aka DJ Flow who had my guests dancing the whole night, no joke; Ellie (from Elliegant Cakes) made such a delicious and amazing cake, she is one of the warmest and welcoming people you will meet, not only did she stick around the whole night to set up our viennese table, she left us a sampler of all the deserts in our room just in case we didn’t have time to try everything; Susan Smith (from Floral Cottage) was also extremely nice and welcoming, did such a wonderful job with our bouquets and with beautifying the place with her lovely flowers. My guests and I booked up every room in the manor and motel. Only the bridal suite has AC but it's not really needed b/c it gets cold at night. According to my guests the motel rooms were "okay nothing fancy", but convenient. The rest of my guests stayed in Matamoras. Of course nothing is perfect and there were a few things that went down that affected what could have been a perfect score. __________________ One important lesson to be learned here is that it is just as important to treat the bride and groom’s family and friends with as much respect and goodness as you would treat the bride and groom themselves. ____________________THE PROBLEM______: My mother-in-law was treated rudely at the rehearsal and my own brother was treated poorly on the day of the wedding by the manager, Orest. I asked my brother to plan the after party since he threw parties before that were very successful. I understand that there was a misunderstanding between Orest and my brother with the after party plans (the manager told my brother hours before the ceremony that he couldn't do any of the things that he had been planning on the manor's property ) but the manager could have helped out a little more than he did so my brother wouldn’t miss half of our wedding trying to put together last minute plans. Orest could have also treated him better considering that he messed up his plans so close to the wedding. The manager said that he did provide alternatives but from what I gathered at past meetings we had with him they involved people sitting around talking, drinking and then going to bed since he said people would be so tired from the busy day. My family aren’t the type of people that tire so quickly and I’m not much for spending an after party just winding down... it's called an after party for a reason. Plus even though the beds in the manor are super firm and I barely slept the night before in them, I wasn't tired at all after the reception ended. ***** -1 star for the treatment of my loved ones. ***** -1 star for calling my brother a liar and a poor planner on an email you send to my husband thinking I wouldn’t find out about it. (FYI my brother fought in Irac. He was in charge of several men and kept them alive and you can’t do that with poor planning. It was his awesome planning that he pulled together a great after party somewhere else after his original plans were denied)

2012-11-05T13:03:04 Response from the vendor

I have never responded to a review here, but I feel I must. Unfortunately, what the bride is writing here is based on a fabricated story from her brother. I understand family comes first, but the truth is the truth, and a lie is a... Read Less Read More

The Mountain View Manor will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Jessica K

The Mountain View Manor is THE PLACE to have your wedding! My husband and I took one look at this place and fell in love. It is a little piece of heaven. The Manor is an amazing place and the grounds are beautiful. However, we found on our wedding day that it is staff that... Read More definitively sets this place apart. Orest, the general manager, covers every single detail and will bend over backwards to make sure your special day surpasses your expectations. For example, my sister, the maid of honor ran out of formula for her baby during the reception. When we asked Orest where the closest store would be to buy formula, he didn’t just give my sister’s boyfriend directions he actually drove him to the store and back. James , the wedding planner, does an outstanding job with decorations and an even better job when it comes time to take care of the bride and her bridesmaids. When I walked into the Manor for the first time on my wedding day, I was anxious to see what it would look like. It was BEAUTIFUL, I could not have even dreamed it better. James was right there with every detail from setting it up all the way through the reception. He was at our side making sure we were enjoying ourselves and had everything we could possibility need. Tim is a phenomenal chef. We received a lot of compliments around how good the food was. There were plenty of options around the menu options and Tim welcomed the ‘off-the-menu’ items that we asked him to prepare. We love that he uses fresh seasonal ingredients and the presentation was beautiful. The food was served in a timely manner and we heard a lot of compliments about the level of detail and coordination exhibited by the staff. I wish I had Tim to cook for me every night! Even after the reception was over Tim was there to help make sure we had everything we wanted or needed for our after party. Ellie the Cake Lady! Ellie is top notch. We had a lot of compliments around how gorgeous the cake was…. And even more around how it tasted. It was moist and flavorful – not like most other wedding cakes we’ve had. This was def not your traditional wedding cake, it is actually delicious! Ellie was even kind enough to bring a slice of cake up to our room for us to enjoy after the wedding celebration came to an end. And what is a slice of cake without an ice cream station! Yes, the Mountain View Manor also provides your guests with an ice cream station…. with lots of toppings. Our guests loved it. We were thoroughly impressed with all the vendors from the Mountain View Manor list. As far as music, we chose to use a DJ that was not on the recommended vendor list and were unpleasantly surprised. If we could go back and do it again, we would have gone with DJ Ralph. We can’t encourage you enough to stick with the recommended vendors. The Mountain View Manor will not disappoint!

Mountain View Manor

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Jim & Luverne R

My wife and I would highly recommend Mountain View Manor for a wedding celebration/destination! Orest in the office, James, the wedding planner, Tim the chef, and the other recommended vendors (flowers, music) all did an outstanding job. We had 120 guests, all of whom were... Read More extremely complimentary of the grounds which were immaculately groomed, the beautiful mansion in which the celebration was held, and the expertise in which the station wedding was presented. The wait staff was plentiful and extremely polite. Not one person had a negative comment about any of the celebration from start to finish. The overnight accommodations were beautiful and extremely clean, and the brunch that followed the next morning was outstanding and plentiful. The after hours party capped a wonderful event, and allowed us to mingle with our guests casually after the four hour celebration. Many guests commented that they can't recall such an outstanding event from start to finish; all made possible by the owners and courteous staff at Mountain View Manor.

Incredible!

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 megan c

I don't even know where to begin! Orest and everyone at Mountain View exceed expectations. You can see from the pictures how breath taking the mansion is (as well as the property) but what you can't see is the amount of work and dedication they put into each wedding. Their... Read More coordinator James Angelo is out of this world. He lets no detail go unnoticed. When I saw all the special touches he added I was shocked- purple bows on the walls in the mansion, wrapped vases for our bouquets, ribbon on the railings, the tops of mums carefully arranged at the end of the aisle, and so many more details. They were on top of everything, James saw I was out of wine and before I could get up he had a new glass for me. I didn't have to worry about timing and when things were going to happen, they had it under control and the night transitioned seemlessly. Their chef Tim is a genious! The filet mignon was cooked beautifully, mine a pefect rare, and my mother in laws a perfect and still moist well, I didn't even think a well done steak could be moist, but he did it! The vendors they reccommend are just as incredible as they are, its no wonder they are suggesting them! Elliegant cakes, so delicious! Zen Photography, out of this world pictures! DJ Flow from Hot Traxx kept people on the dance floor all night. Marcie from Exclusively Yours hair and makeup is a riot, she does amazing hair and makeup but is also a really fun person to be around. We've gotten nothing but compliments on everything, and if I could do it all over again I'd pick Mountain View and the rest of their friends every single time.

The Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Robert B

After planning our wedding for more than 18 months, we were extremely nervous. That day September 16th 2012 the weather was a perfect 72 degrees. I arrived after my wife to find the leaves changing colors. The scenery was perfect with the manors breathtaking views and rolling... Read More hills. I met with James the Manors exclusive Wedding Coordinator who I thought was heaven sent by the end of the night. The ceromy was so beautiful. Having it outside was spectacular!!!. The rest of the day was like a perfect dream that would never end. The DJ Ralph from Hot Traxx Entertainment spun a party ou wouldn't believe.Tim the Manors exclusive Chef cooked up a dinner that had my guest asking for more. There is no catered food here!! Tim cooks everything fresh at that moment. I recommend the stuffed filet of sole with crabmeat. Delicious!!!!. I'm not done yet!!!. My cake lady Elie. We love you. Your lemon cake with fresh raspberries is the best. Susan the flower coordinator!!!. Her flowers were just perfect. We met with her and weren't to sure of what exactly we wanted. We knew we wanted a fall theme. She assured us not to worry. Those center pieces and everything else was just perfect. The great thing about the Manor was that all of its vendors are exclusive to the manor. We didnt have to go crazy searching for anyone. They were all so nice and proffessional. By the end of the wedding, I think just about everyone of my guest told me that this was the best wedding they had attended. I can't forget Orest the manager. You are a true proffessional. Thank You for making our wedding the most wonderful and unforgettable day of our lives. We never imagined it would be that PERFECT!!!!

Magical

Reviewed on 8/27/2012 Kristin S

If you are looking for a one of a kind wedding experience, Mountain View Manor is the place to go. Their attention to detail, service and accommodations are unique. Nik and I had our wedding here on 8/11/12 and we couldn't be happier. All the staff and vendors made our dream... Read More wedding come true. The grounds are so picturesque, the service is outstanding and the food is truly amazing. Orest, James and Tim made sure our day was picture perfect. All the vendors they recommended were top notch: Sue from floral cottage, Ellie from elliegantcakes , breanne from frost photography,Dalen from choice DJs and Robert knowles from knowles media all made our day one to remember. Not to mention all the staff on hand at the manor who were extremely wonderful as well. I only hope to be invited to another wedding at Mountain View so I can experience it all over again. Any bride and groom would be happy with this wonderful, magical, and special site for their wedding.

A Dream Come True!!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 sally s

Dear Orest, We would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to you and your amazing staff/ vendors for all that was done to make kristin's wedding a dream come true. Magical moments are being created at Ardmore mansion each time you all go into "wedding... Read More mode"! I hope you had the chance to listen in to all the accolades, since they were flowing all night long - in case you didn't i just want to share a few - "majestic", "this is the best wedding i've ever been to", the most romantic wedding ever","the most delicious food", "the best cake/desserts i've ever tasted","impeccable service", "if anyone has a problem with this amazing place or their food, there is something wrong with them!" You hit the jackpot with James - outstanding wedding planner - and Tim - chef extraordinaire - their passion/ talent for what they do is obvious in everything they do. The floral arrangements were a work of art and beauty. I could go on and on.. i will simply say picture perfect in every way. My mom had the funniest one, i think, she said... if i didn't know any better I would have thought you were millionaires.!!!! We wish you continued success for many years to come. Sincerely, Sally&Harold Siegriest

perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Elizabeth F

we had an amazing experience with MVM. orest and his staff made the entire wedding planning experience relaxing and easy. everyone was genuinely nice and helpful. we were married in late july, mvm grounds were beautiful and the atmosphere is very relaxing. the cocktail... Read More hour was on the mansion porch and was a awesome way to begin a fun evening. the food was delicious and the cocktails were fabulous! our family and friends continue to tell us what an amazing time they had! our only complaint is it went by to quick! thanks again!