The Atrium at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens

VIENNA, VA

Book Your Wedding with The Atrium at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens

A GARDEN IN VIENNA, VA

Lake Caroline gazebo. This is the most popular gazebo accessed by a long dock on Lake Caroline, with a 360-degree view of the gardens. There is room for up to 50 guests

Azalea Woods gazebo. At the edge of the woods in a secluded, this is a private spot for very private couples. It accommodates around 80 attendees.

Hillside gazebo. Up on a hill overlooking the gardens for sweeping views and a private ceremony, this space fits up to 120 guests.

The Atrium. The signature venue with live trees adorned with twinkly lights, indoor creek leading to a fountain and a massive skylight overhead. The three walls of glass make it seem as if you're outdoors while you party safely under cover.

Bell garden. A joint effort with the Korean American Cultural Committee, this Asian-inspired garden is breathtaking and creates a lovely backdrop for a unique wedding celebration. A hand-built pagoda was constructed in a traditional manner thousands of years old, then the Bell of Peace and Harmony was cast in South Korea in the same loving tradition. The bell now hangs in the pagoda. No seating is allowed in this area, but it will accommodate up to 150 standing guests.

Lilac pavilion. In an open field just before you enter the garden area; the new white pavilion with green roof will seat 80 beneath cover and an additional 200 in the adjacent field with or without tents.

You have seven days to reserve your date without putting down a deposit. Rental includes eight hours of time at the venue with three hours allotted for setup and cleanup. Indoor and outdoor seating and tables are included, as are six portable benches you can arrange to suit your preference.

A dance floor, sound system, projector and screen are also included with your rental. There is a curfew, and your event must not exceed it. The curfew between Sunday and Thursday is 11 p.m. while the curfew on Friday, Saturday and the night before any federal holiday is 1 a.m.

You may have your ceremony at the gazebos on the property, but no seating is allowed in these areas except for the existing benches already at the gazebos. If you have a number of guests who must sit, one of the other ceremony venues may be more comfortable for them. No birdseed, rice, glitter or confetti allowed in the outdoor spaces.

You may have amplified music indoors, but only gentle acoustic wedding music is permitted during your outdoor ceremony or in any outdoor event space. All catering and alcohol service is provided by the in-house caterers at the Atrium at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens.

There are some fun perks when you have your wedding at the Atrium at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens. Some extras include:

• One-year membership to the garden
  • Only one event held per day
  • Some local residents qualify for discounts
  • Fully adjustable lighting in Atrium
  • Lilac Room available for private bridal suite
  • Private client and vendor entrances

The Atrium at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens

Indoors you will find live trees strewn with twinkle lights, a babbling stream that leads to an indoor fountain, and a two-thousand square foot skylight. With three walls of glass, events can be hosted at The Atrium any time of year while still getting the ambiance of being outdoors

Garden, Park

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100
E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

9750 MEADOWLARK GARDENS CT, VIENNA, VA (703) 255-3631

Beautiful setting, wonderful staff

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Shannon O

Meadowlark wasn't my first choice for a wedding venue, but I'm so glad we had our ceremony and reception there. The location is beautiful: there are trees and a little river inside! We got so many comments from guests on how pretty it was inside the Atrium and also what a nice... Read More backdrop the grounds made for the ceremony. The staff was a pleasure to work with: very responsive and so accommodating. The Atrium staff as well as Blue Heron catering made our wedding day flow seemingly effortlessly.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Laura R

This was the perfect wedding venue for our wedding! The Atrium and botanical gardens are a beautiful facility for a wedding and the staff was so helpful from start to finish in planning and execution. They helped us with the wedding day agenda, seating chart, and were able to... Read More provide a lot of the detail items needed for a wedding. They also made sure we were well taken care of day of and I could not have asked for more! We opted for the on site catering as well and many guests commented it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. HIGHLY recommend!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Laurie V

DONT EVEN BOTHER!!! I cannot believe I dished out that sort of money for CRAP SERVICE!! 1. Was told I needed to meet with the "whole team" and that they could only meet on weekdays. I took a day off of work, only to find out that their team couldnt make it-so instead of... Read More letting me know, they didnt tell me until I got there. I only met with the venue coordinator. Thats it. No team, no nothing. Thanks for making me waste my time. The venue coordinator made a terrible table floorplan layout, so the caterer had to email me to say I chose a bad layout. I don't think he understood the staff member didnt know how to arrange tables. 2. The tasting was NOT the food served- we sampled amazing citrus chicken, the chicken that was served at the event was plain with some seasonings on it, and they were all chicken thighs--which was not what I agreed on. 3. I was told the package came with various things such as microphone equipment, and a screen projector. When I followed up with the venue to have them on the day of my wedding, they said the equipment didn't work so I would have to get my own. 4. They said the package also came with a "day of coordinator". Well, there was NO COORDINATOR that showed up. No one. 5. I told the venue coordinator I wanted my husband and my plate pre-dished. We gave her the exact items we wanted on our plate from the buffet-- no one even gave us our food, and we had to go through the line ourselves. 6. Staff ripped one of my large tablecloths while cleaning up-didnt even apologize.

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Karen A

The Atrium at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens is AMAZING! We held our wedding on the terrace and had our reception inside the atrium. The venue is beautiful! All the staff was great to work with, but Wayne and Ilka were incredible. They were easy to communicate with; quickly... Read More responding to my emails. They were very professional and organized and they simply eased my mind about how everything would turn out on my big day. And Great Blue Heron (catering) was great. The food was incredible!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Christina M

This place is beautiful. The air conditioning did break on the hottest day of the summer while we had our wedding, but the staff that works for the Atrium was great. The only complaint I have is with the catering company that they work with. The head chef was extremely RUDE... Read More if i knew how rude he was from the beginning I would have brought in a different company to cater my wedding.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Natalie D

We held our wedding here a few weeks ago (September 2016) and absolutely loved it. We worked with a few folks at the Atrium and enjoyed everyone we worked with. The venue speaks for itself - we chose it because the wedding will be beautiful outdoors or if the weather doesn't... Read More cooperate (which it didn't for us) you can have the wedding indoors. The best part about having your wedding at the Atrium is that you get Great Blue Heron as your caterer. So not only do you not have to go looking for a caterer on top of the 700 other things you need to do for your wedding, but you're getting the BEST food EVER in the history of eating. Three weeks later, we're still fielding questions/comments on how amazing the food was. Seriously. It's amazing. And, just like the Atrium staff, the Great Blue Heron staff doesn't disappoint. Everyone was amazing - very professional. When they say that they will take care of things, they will. We didn't have to worry about one thing during our wedding as they took care of it - which is how it should be. We woke up the next morning planning our 5-year anniversary party at the Atrium. Tons of fun, amazing food, great staff, beautiful locale. Our wedding night was absolutely perfect and we'd do everything over again in a heartbeat. We couldn't recommend the Atrium highly enough

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Allison G

The venue day of gets more than 5 stars, it was breath taking and our guests were very complimentary. They easily transition the spaces and provide plenty of help and additional decorations to help make the most of the space. The furniture is also included which meant one less... Read More vendor! However, in the planning leading up to our wedding there was a change in staffing. There was no communication about our point of contact changing and the new staff didn't seem as thrilled to be helping with our big day as the person we initially had our walkthrough with. I would still get married there over again, however, the customer service experience is not the best.

Reviewed on 6/26/2016

The Atrium was the perfect place for our wedding reception and the Garden Gazebo was a beautiful location for our ceremony. The Staff were extremely attentive to our needs and desires and helped make our wedding fantastic. They had no problems working with a gay couple and... Read More made us feel extremely comfortable and welcomed. We could not be more pleased. The surroundings are just amazingly beautiful and so well kept. It was like a wedding in paradise.

So, so beautiful

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Elizabeth S

This is one seriously gorgeous and unique venue. With all the plants, the stream, and the twinkly lights, you cannot beat the ambiance. What's more - our wedding was during the Winter Walk of Lights, so everything was decorated for the holidays and our guests were able to step... Read More outside to enjoy the light displays and some hot cocoa. We were so pleased with this venue. The staff is very flexible and works closely with Great Blue Heron Catering. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Vanessa R

The only word that comes to mind to describe the Atrium as a wedding venue is "outstanding"! We visited several possible venues, and as soon as we saw the Atrium, we knew we had found the perfect venue for our garden wedding and reception. We immediately booked a date (1year in... Read More advance) and from that point on the staff could not have been more helpful, particularly Wayne Hager. Although we had thought through our own wedding plans, Wayne’s advice and suggestions, based on his years of experience, were exceptionally helpful. He was the consummate professional in every sense. As our plans progressed and new ideas surfaced, Wayne and the staff could not have been more accommodating and their attention to detail was amazing. They adapted to our ideas and offered others that had not occurred to us, and incorporated major logistical changes up until the last minute. They were absolutely unflappable, whereas we were nervous wrecks! As an outside wedding on the terrace, the scenery of the botanical garden provided a beautiful backdrop. The settings for the ceremony and reception were awesome. Consequently, it was the wedding/reception of our dreams.

Gorgeous and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Christy C

The Atrium at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens is simply stunning. We did the Ceremony on the balcony and then the Reception in The Atrium (they give you a packaged deal). While they seem, upfront, rather disorganized they really do throw together a wonderful wedding. I would not... Read More have been able to do so without the help of my wedding planner because she really coordinated the event. They provide some lighting (backdrop to the DJ and lights in the trees). The buffet is held in a separate room (if you choose that). The set up is one and a half hours and the take down is about 30min. Very beautiful and the fall time period is gorgeous - especially with the sun setting behind the ceremony.

I loved my venue!

Reviewed on 2/16/2015 Becky M

We had our wedding the first weekend of their winter season, which meant that we received a 25% discount on venue fees, and had access to their winter walk of lights during the reception. The staff was wonderful to work and plan with. The Christmas decorations ended up working... Read More perfectly with our color scheme and made everything just a little more special. I can't recommend them highly enough. The service, quality and value were all top notch and I hope if you use this venue that you will have just as great of an experience. We also used their catering service (Great Blue Heron) which I have reviewed separately... but in a nutshell, the food was fantastic, the staff was professional, and the head chef made all of the small details count!

Appalling Lack of Service and Professionalism

Reviewed on 11/07/2014

We sorely regret holding our daughter's wedding at the Atrium. The food was served cold. That was the number one complaint we received from all of our guests. We had a five-star tasting months before yet the food at the wedding did not rise to one star. The dinner service took... Read More more than 45 minutes and tables were only half served, with the first half served almost done with their meal, while the other people sat with empty chargers. The wait staff was under numbered, unprofessional and amateurish. There was no beverage service as requested. Waiters did not pour or refresh wine, champagne or water to everyone. The bride and groom did not have champagne for the toast. People complained they had to walk to the bar to get a glass of water with dinner. The butler coffee service, for which we paid an extra $5 per person, consisted of the wait staff running back and forth across the Atrium to retrieve one cup of coffee at a time for each guest. Sugar and plastic single-serve containers of cream were thrown into a bowl and dumped on the tables. This is what I would have expected at an IHOP restaurant. No one was in charge on the day of our event. And it showed in every aspect of the staff's performance. When we complained, our integrity was called into question because guests did not request to have their dinners reheated (although the host certainly did). Our event lacked the professionalism and elegance that we had been promised. My advice: run, don't walk, to another venue.

Beautiful venue, great day

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Jenny S

I have to start by saying that the Atrium was perfect the day of the wedding. The venue was beautiful, everyone was where they needed to be when, and April (our catering captain), was extremely helpful. Guests loved the venue. It rained in the morning of the wedding day, and the... Read More Atrium said we didn't have to make a final decision about inside / outside until 30 minutes before the ceremony, which was really nice. Luckily, we ended up being able to hold the ceremony outside. The only place I would have liked a bit more support from the Atrium was during the planning process. Wayne did not always respond to emails - I often found that I needed to call and email in order to get a response. Staff seemed to turnover a bit, so I never quite knew who to get in contact with as well. But ultimately, even though I didn't feel like they were the most responsive, I did end up with a great experience there.

Great location for pictures

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Karen L

We hired The Atrium 14 months prior to my wedding and was overall very happy with the staff leading to the event. My (now) mother in law recommended Meadowlark and I loved it the first time I visited. To rent The Atrium (which is a separate building from the Welcome Center of... Read More the NVRPA), it costs less than $9000 for Fairfax County residents, but is more for non-residents. With the rental, all tables, chairs, (some) votive candles, and circular tabletop mirrors for centerpieces are included. What I liked most about the staff was that they were very accommodating leading up to my reception, but I received some negative feedback from my guests afterwards. The feedback was mostly about The Atrium's in house catering company, Great Blue Heron. I would recommend The Atrium to future brides and grooms

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Porcia A

Gorgeous venue! Does not require a lot of decoration to transform the space into your dream wedding venue no matter what it may be.

Gorgeous!

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Annie F

Wayne was very good about responding to emails and answering questions. We chose this vendor because the location is absolutely gorgeous and they provide their own equipment (chairs, tables, etc.) You do need to rent your own linens but the in-house caterer (Great Blue Heron)... Read More took care of those details for us. I gave a 4 for the quality because I provided detailed pictures of how I wanted the entry/gift tables set up and my instrutions weren't really followed, which for a type-A planner like me resulted in a little undue stress on the day of. However, I am thrilled with our overall experience at Meadowlark and recommend the Atrium to any bride. It really was a gorgeous day.

Couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 4/29/2014 Carrie S

We stumbled upon Meadowlark through an online search, and visited when we found their "February special" - as February is their low month, Meadowlark was offering half off venue rental and catering, making our large guest list much more affordable and avoiding a fight with the... Read More inlaws over numbers. From our first visit, the Meadowlark event staff were friendly, accommodating and professional - we could tell they'd done this before! They worked with us through every step of the process, suggesting layouts for the tables, timelines for the event and offering customized catering options. A few of the highlights: -The food was AMAZING. People are still talking about it. We had chicken stuffed with cherries and goat cheese that was to die for. We paired it with a steak - it was no more expensive to dual-plate than to make people choose and then have to keep track of who ordered what. -They provided a coordinator who made sure we were on schedule and that we had everything we needed. Because we had her, we were able to avoid hiring a separate day-of wedding coordinator. -They already have chevari chairs, so we didn't have to rent any tables, chairs, dishes, silverware... all that was included. We rented linens only. -They let us set up a fire pit outside. Need I say more? :) Our wedding was perfect - I am so happy that we had our wedding at Meadowlark.

Awesome

Reviewed on 4/17/2014 Kristen P

It was grey and drizzling on my wedding day, but the garden atmosphere was alive inside the atrium. The staff were helpful and easy to work with, and we've been told by several people the blue heron catering (atrium's in house) was the best "Wedding food" they've had. The chef... Read More took an active role in checking to make sure things were going well, and my husband (also a chef) noticed and appreciated it.

Awesome Venue!

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Lisa M

As soon as we walked into The Atrium we knew we we wanted to get married there. The ambiance is beautiful and fun. We loved the stream and they let me put bride and groom rubber duckies in it on our big day (I have a thing for duckies). They were like that with everything, very... Read More accommodating to our requests and helpful in making the wedding our own. We had our dog at the ceremony which was really important to us. Our wedding was at the end of March and it was still pretty cold, so we decided at the last minute to do everything inside. The transition was seamless. Ceremony began at 4pm so we got the good natural light to begin with and through dinner and the first dances, the sunset, and the beautiful lights in the indoor trees when it got dark. The whole night was unforgettable.

Beautiful September wedding

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Katherine G

The Atrium was an absolutely gorgeous venue for our late summer wedding (September 7). All of our guests raved about it. The gardens were lush and provided a very romantic setting. The service was fantastic.

Loved it!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Heather H

We loved the staff and reception area here. It was all wonderful!

Just fabulous

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Julie S

When we decided to get married, the venue was the first item on my list to stress out about. Even though we didn't get engaged until Easter, we wanted to get married before the kids returned to school from summer break. After a number of options were considered, we selected... Read More the Atrium at Meadowlark Gardens. While the cost was out of our price range, it was well worth it, just for the setting. The 95+ acres of beautiful gardens were just the tip of the iceberg. The staff, while low key, were extremely friendly and professional. They were accommodating in all kinds of ways; from scheduling walk thru's and tastings at times that accommodated our schedule (we live in Pittsburgh and were in town only at odd days and times) to flexible payment schedules. While we primarily worked with Wayne on the venue and Liz on the catering, everyone of their team was professional and accommodating; both prior to the event as well as during our special day. They made sure that everything went smoothly while ensuring every guest was comfortable. Again, they made my day beautiful.

Love the Atrium

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Leslie D

The Atrium was so accommodating. Renee was my wedding coordinator and was extremely helpful, creative, and flexible. She was a great liaison between me and the caterer. She gave us great ideas and recommendations for decor and other vendors. Heads-up, most discussions were done... Read More via email, which was convenient for me. If you are the kind of bride/groom that prefers phone calls, be prepared for leaving a few voice mails. The gardens were a great spot for pictures during the wedding. The 95 acres have limitless potential for wedding worthy "Kodak" moments. My husband and I were married on the patio just outside the Atrium, but there are other ceremony options (i.e., outdoor gazebos, inside the Atrium). It was a great night and I couldn't be more please with the venue, its offerings, and personnel.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 10/01/2012 Diane W

The atrium is a beautiful wedding venue. It’s all glass and they put up tea lights in the windows and twinkle lights in the trees making it look magical. A downside it’s a little pricy in the high season and very difficult to get a date. And even though the staff was tough to... Read More contact at times (email was the preferred method) they were very flexible and professional. All in all it was a great place to have a wedding.