A natural approach to the art of baking

At The Baking Institute bakery we are committed to providing our customers with the best quality, handmade, fresh-baked, cakes, cookies and pastries that promote health and well-being. We use all-natural ingredients and never add any artificial additives or preservatives.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Sugar Free

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

1960 Raymond Drive, North Chicagoland Area, IL (847) 272-5900

Yummy and affordable

Reviewed on 5/17/2014 Stephanie I

Heather and Igor helped organize our wedding cake needs. Our cake looked amazing and tasted so yummy! They also supplied the delicious desserts for our sweet table, which our guests kept complimenting. When we decided to have a brief celebration for our nephew Hudson, who was... Read More turning 1 year old on our wedding day, they offered to make a small cake for him with little pictures of baseballs, basketballs and balloons. They did this for free for us and it meant so much to us and the family. They are affordable and produce cakes that look high end. We would recommend them to any bride and groom.

Amazing

Reviewed on 4/01/2014 MIchelle L

Our Cake was gorgeous and delicious! Everyone said how "amazing" the cake was!

Beautiful Yummy Cake with excellent service!

Reviewed on 3/24/2014 Sylwia S

I just got married this past weekend and used the Baking Institute as the bakery for my wedding cake and Igor at the bakery was amazing. When my fiance and I walked in a few months ago for our complimentary tasting he was extremely patient and helpful in deciding what we wanted... Read More and when I showed him a picture he agreed with no hesitation and even made a recommendation to add some sparkle to the cake which made it simply elegant and beautiful. Not to mention the cake tasted amazing! My fiance and I both got exactly what we wanted and our guests were extremely satisfied. Thank you Igor, and everyone at the Baking Institute!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Monica H

I just got married this past weekend and used the Baking Institute as the bakery for my wedding cake. When my fiance and I walked in a few months ago for our complimentary tasting Margo was our designer and the reason my rating is a 4 Star is because Margo was not very patient... Read More or helpful in deciding what we wanted. When I showed her pictures of what I wanted she always had something to complain about and no recommendations. I stood my ground and got the cake that I wanted and it turned out to be elegant and beautiful. And the cake tasted amazing! My fiance and I both got exactly what we wanted in the end.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Roxana O

We ordered our wedding cake from The Baking Institute as they are the bakery vendor of our wedding venue. We had communicated with Igor by email in reference to our cake design and brought in a photo of our desired image to our tasting. Igor was very courteous, kind and provided... Read More many useful suggestions!! Our fondant cake design consisted of Chicago sports team colors and their logos. The exterior fondant design could have definitely looked sharper and the colors of the exterior could have been vibrant. Instead, colors were matte, dull and most definitely not vibrant. The colors I am referring to as matte and dull are: red, black, light blue/sky blue, medium blue, navy and orange. The lines of the Chicago Cubs design were not polished and not straight and looked as if they were done by freehand. It consisted of marble (vanilla/chocolate) cake, fresh raspberries and a Bavarian cream filling. It was delicious!!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Gina P

Our wedding cake was so incredible! It was so beautiful and tasted AMZING! We still have wedding guests asking where we got our cake from because they had never had wedding cake so delicious before! I would highly recommend the Baking Institute!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Maggie N

We were beyond happy with our wedding cake from the Baking Institute for our June 2017 wedding. They are partnered with our reception venue and we had the best experience. We did not have any idea what we wanted our cake to look like. The samples were amazing and the process was... Read More incredibly straightforward. We chose a white and chocolate layered cake with chocolate buttercream. It looked and tasted incredible! We ended up switching our cake design a few weeks before the wedding and they were more than accommodating. They are extremely kind and talented. We would highly recommend The Baking Institute!!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Katie D

Our wedding cake from the Baking Institute was the absolute best cake I've ever had in my life. I don't even really like cake all that much, but this cake was amazing. On the day of my wedding, it was so chaotic, but the only plate I actually finished completely was my wedding... Read More cake - it was THAT good. We did the specialty cake, the Blueberry Grand Marnier, and it was by far worth the extra money. Many of our guests commented on how good the cake was. I can't wait until my 1 year anniversary so I can have some more! I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Jessica N

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect! Our guests' only complaint was that they didn't get a big enough slice the first time around. We loved the custard filling. The cake was both delicious and beautiful. I highly recommend using the Baking Institute.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Rosy A

Loved my cake!!! Looked exactly like the photo I supplied and tasted superb!! Highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Kelly H

The cake was great! They were able to give us exactly the cake we wanted, and it tasted delicious!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Brittany B

Our cake was beautiful and tasted amazing. We were able to choose two flavors to satisfy both of our cravings!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Amber V

We got the cake as part of our venue package and it was absolutely gorgeous! The food tasting was quick and easy, and there were so many designs to choose from. Not to mention delicious too!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Micaela T

We loved our cake! We were a bit worried at first since our venue told us this was the bakery that came with the package but it ended up being perfect! When we went to the tasting, it was so easy to schedule and they were so helpful in making the design we wanted. We decided on... Read More a mixed cake with 2 tiers a marble (which was delicious btw) and the top tier lemon. Well, they gave us 2 lemon and 1 marble which at first I was worried about but ended up being a blessing. So many guests loved the lemon with the white chocolate mousse! It was moist and just delicious. Such great flavor.

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Allie B

A cake from them was included in our reception package. They cake was delicious and beautiful day of! They tasting was quick and simple as well.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Shyrene H

The package at our venue (Esplanade Lakes) included the wedding cake, which was from The Baking Institute. My (now) husband and I love sweets, and cake is my personal favorite, so I was most excited for the cake tasting. I loved everything I tried. All the flavors we chose were... Read More moist and yummy. We ended up choosing 3 different flavors, and asked our venue coordinator to please make sure we received 1 of each the night of the wedding! :) Again, come wedding day, all 3 flavors were delicious. The cake was beautiful and looked exactly as we imagined. We also had a sweets table at the wedding, but unfortunately, my hubby and I were too busy to even try anything, but everyone raved about it! We couldn't have been happier with The Baking Institute!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Ladoris J

My cake was personally designed by my husband and it came out exactly as he designed! And it was absolutely delicious.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Marzena B

The Baking Institute is a true cake artist! Not only do the cakes looks great, but they taste delicious! We ordered both our groom's cake and wedding cake from The Baking Institute, and the cakes turned out amazing. We received many compliments from our guests, including "That... Read More was some good cake... I've been talking about that cake all last night." They definitely brought our vision to life!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 11/27/2015 Jennifer M

The baking institute created a beautiful and tasty cake for us! It was personally designed for us and the combination of marble cake and banana buttercream was amazing! I don't know if we will be able to wait 1 year to eat the top!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Ashley P

I recently got married in September and I used the Baking Institute through Venuti's Banquet Hall in Addison, IL. My now husband and I were confident that we knew the cake flavor we would have for our wedding but upon our tasting, we found that we wanted something different and... Read More unique. Both of us love almond and amaretto flavorings. We worked with the team and they paired us with a cake flavor of almond cake with vanilla Bavarian butter cream frosting. This cake was outstanding!!!!! It was incredibly fresh and moist!! DELICIOUS!! For the design of my cake, I was very specific in what I was looking for. My cake was 5 tier. When I went in for the consultation, I knew the colors I wanted and I had pictures of design ideas. Igor however blew me away by incorporating my ideas (which included sugar florals & swirls) and Igor had the idea to incorporate my wedding dress into the cake. I was so excited and thought this was an amazing idea! He knew exactly what I was looking for! At the wedding reception, my cake was one of the thing's that I was EXTREMELY EXCITED to see! We received so many compliments!! The service by The Baking Institute team was outstanding!! I was VERY happy and impressed with my entire wedding experience and I will be recommending The Baking Institute to all of my friends and family. I will definitely use this company for all of my future cakes! I give them a 10!

Yum!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Stefanie P

The Baking Institute was the preferred vendor for our reception venue, and I am quite happy about that, because I loved our cake. I brought in a picture of what I had envisioned and the final product came very close! We got lots of compliments on both the flavor (hazelnut... Read More mousse) and the look. Overall very happy with the Baking Institute.

Delicious and beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Allissa C

The Baking Institute did a beautiful job on our wedding cake! Not only did they sit down with us for the tasting to talk through various cake/frosting flavor combinations, but they also incorporated all of our design requests. Compliments poured into us all night on how... Read More beautiful the cake was and how delicious it tasted!

Delicious and beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Allissa C

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Kaurie K

Our cake was stunning and absolutely delicious. There were people asking if the cake was even real since it looked so beautiful. We had a 5-tiered square chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream filling. I also got to have the top layer with hazelnut filling just for us (the... Read More bride and groom) to enjoy. They were very helpful and had lots of options. We would definitely recommend the Baking Institute to anyone looking for a delicious and beautiful wedding cake.

Amazing job on custom dessert

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

I searched all over Chicago for a bakery that would be willing to make a custom dessert for my August 2015 wedding. Specifically, my husband and I were looking to serve an Australian dessert called pavlova, which is very delicate and meringue like, and served with chantilly... Read More cream and mixed berries. Most bakeries immediately said no, because it was not a cake, so I started to lose hope that it would be possible. When I contacted The Baking Institute, Igor not only said that it would be possible, but asked if I had a recipe I would prefer for him to use, and quoted me a price that was significantly cheaper than the other bakery that had said they could make the dessert. The final result was delicious, and Igor worked with the Chef at our wedding venue to make sure that the presentation would be compatible with serving and that the meringues did not get soggy while the other courses were served. I would highly recommend the Baking Institute for any custom desserts--- we did briefly taste their cake during the tasting and I was underwhelmed. I’m not a huge fan of fondant, though, so that was probably part of it.