The Barn at Fallingwater

Mill Run, PA

Capacity: Up to 200 | WEBSITE | PHONE

An exceptional site for a memorable experience

The Barn at Fallingwater provides a fabulous backdrop for couples who want a truly unique locale. The award winning building offers several distinct settings that can be used by themselves or combined to create the perfect wedding ceremony and reception.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Mansion/Historic Site, Museum/Gallery, Unusual/Alternative

1478 Mill Run Rd, Mill Run, PA

beautiful location!

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Meghan R

The Barn is a beautiful, unique venue and the opportunity to take wedding photos in front of Fallingwater is really what made us settle on our venue. From researching other barns and unique venues in the Pittsburgh area, we thought the price was incredibly reasonable, and we ended up being completely blown away by how everything turned out. Kate was great throughout the course of the wedding weekend from set-up to tear-down and she was incredibly helpful with keeping the flow of events moving. In regards to the negative comment written by another bride, I will say that responsiveness to e-mails in the year or so leading up to the wedding wasn't always super fast (I reached out with questions on a few occaisions, once to wait a week for a response and once never got one at all), but as the wedding approached Kate was fantastic, so I just attributed it to her managing a lot at once. Especially within the last month or so as we were managing through final details, I thought Kate was incredibly professional and we were very grateful for her help.

Review for The Barn at Fallingwater

Reviewed on 8/28/2007 Jennifer V

Beautiful spot for pictures

Great physical space, not a great coordinator

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Mary-Catherine C

If you have a wedding planner, or someone who is going to coordinate everything then this is a no brainer. HOWEVER, if you are doing things yourself (like I did) then the coordinator is zero help. She never returned e-mails and it took forever to contact her. Our baker even had a hard time when she was coordinating dropping off our cake. We ordered a tent and on the day before the wedding when setting up she said "oh, did you end up ordering a tent?" and when I said yes she responded "oh, well it's usually delivered by now, you should call and figure that out." She offered no help. The facility itself is gorgeous, pictures turned out great.

Good luck!

Reviewed on 6/01/2012 Victoria S

The lady who is in charge of weddings is unprofessional and very difficult to try to work with in my opinion. This was originally the number one venue choice for both my fiance and I. I emailed the lady in charge of events, Katlyn Andyjohn, and she eventually sent me their brochure. After reading through the information packet we were still very interested in the venue but were left with several questions. I emailed Katlyn back with these questions. After not hearing back from her I called her and left a voice mail. This was WEEKS ago. I tried emailing her again and also left several additional voice mails over that period of time. None of them have been returned. We simply wanted a few questions answered and to schedule a visit. We were so excited at the prospect of getting married here that we foolishly put all other planning on hold until we could speak with Katlyn and visit the Barn. However, her inability to follow through with such a small task as returning a phone call or email left me wondering how she would be able to handle the more difficult task of coordinating a wedding! Rather, we selected a venue with an event planner that has handled the entire process with professionalism, kindness, and promptness. She has been nothing but courteous and has treated us with respect. I feel much more confident that the people at the location we have ended up choosing will be capable of putting together a beautiful wedding without any hitches. If you choose to hold your wedding at the Barn at Fallingwater I hope that you will be treated better than we were! All I can say to those of you who, like me, dreamed of getting married here is...good luck!!

TO The Barn at Fallingwater