Book Your Wedding with The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens

A BALLROOM IN PRINCETON, IL

When it comes to getting married, many engaged couples take an indoor-outdoor approach. That's why prenuptial pairs living in Illinois appreciate The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens. Located in Princeton, Illinois, in the north central part of the state, this 40-acre venue features a vibrant botanical garden and arboretum for a memorable ceremony and a spacious barn for hosting a festive post-nuptials celebration.

The Gardens. Couples bask in scenic beauty while exchanging vows at The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens. From the carefully-manicured meadow, wedding participants enjoy views of the charming pond, colorful blooms, trees, bushes and shrubs. After the "I do's," couples and their guests walk just 20 yards to the picturesque reception barn.

The Barn. An all-season structure that accommodates up to 350 guests, The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens features a rustic exterior with cedar siding, three weather vanes, a large-boulder border and a covered patio area. The Barn's interior offers multiple windows that bring in an abundance of natural light and look out onto the gardens. Additional design details include vaulted wood ceilings, exposed posts and beams, elegant chandeliers and a soft, wood-like vinyl plank floor. This entertainment space suits many decorating styles from classic to rustic.

The Barn at Hornbaker Farms offers couples an on-site event coordinator for their wedding day. In addition to providing a fabulous entertainment space, the barn features a comfortable bridal suite, a groom's room, well-appointed restrooms and a spacious catering kitchen. The venue holds a liquor license and supplies and handles all beverages for wedding celebrations. Couples choose a caterer for their event from a list of approved vendors furnished by the venue.

In addition to bar glasses, water glasses and carafes, the site provides dining tables and cushioned chiavari chairs, cocktail tables, banquet tables and setup and breakdown of these items. Wedding participants dine and dance in comfort due to state-of-the-art air conditioning and heating and guests enjoy ample parking.

Couples who wish to book the outdoor space for a ceremony must have their reception on the property as well. The Barn's great room serves as the site for indoor ceremonies. Reservation of the venue is confirmed with a 50 percent deposit. The balance is due by the day of the event and couples who choose to make payment by credit card are issued a service charge.

Additional amenities always make entertainment venues more attractive. Extra perks offered by The Barn at Hornbaker gardens include:

• Tables for desserts, wedding gifts and place cards
  • Bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces and other floral arrangements created onsite for an additional fee
  • White linens and tablecloths available for an additional fee
  • The use of Hornbaker Gardens for wedding photos
  • An audio system and overhead projection system
  • An opportunity for a ceremony rehearsal if scheduled in advance
  • A convenient list of recommended vendors

A beautiful and picturesque setting

Say your vows surrounded by the beauty of the arboretum and botanic gardens that is Hornbaker Gardens. Enjoy cocktail hour on the covered patio followed by dinner and dancing in The Barn, a new year round reception space, rustic on the outside and elegant on the inside. Floral service available too!

Ballroom, Barn, Garden, Loft, Park

Bar + Drinks, Planning

22937 1140 North Ave., Princeton, IL (815) 659-3282

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Kate V

This was the most PERFECT venue! We had our wedding here on September 9th and everything was absolutely amazing. Lindsay was fabulous to work with, the flowers she created were gorgeous and exactly what I envisioned. The barn is stunning- Cannot say enough great things about... Read More this venue. All of our guests absolutely loved it, the ambiance, the staff, the outdoor patio area - everyone had the best time! The staff is on top of every detail, bar tenders were great, and your photos will be beautiful! It was also great having the property to ourselves and not sandwiched between other weddings at the same venue taking place. If you want the best venue for your big day- hands down this is the place!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Tiana M

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! We had our wedding and reception at The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens on Friday, June 9th and it was the most perfect venue. After looking at other places, the Barn was the most ideal and had everything we would need for our big day (without the hassle of... Read More renting a single thing!). Lindsey and the staff made it EASY and STRESS FREE to plan our wedding here. Lindsey was so quick to reply to our questions whenever needed. My husband and I, along with everyone who celebrated with us, would highly recommend this to anyone. The gardens is stunning year round and the barn is beautiful even without decorations! It is totally worth every penny :)

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Mal C

When we viewed the Barn back in January we just knew this was the location for our NYE wedding - 12-31-16. The location itself sold us right off the bat, but after having our ceremony and reception indoors, the staff (Kaitlyn and her crew!) showed us what really sets the Barn... Read More apart. Kaitlyn covered every last detail and lingering question I had and was quick to reply and awesome to work with. She made our wedding night go smooth and took care of all the details for us. I also got my flowers done at the barn by Lindsay and they were gorgeous. Full package here - highly recommend this location! We also received several compliments from our guests about how perfectly designed the barn was and the elegant setting it created :)

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Kaylee H

From the minute we set foot in The Barn, we knew it was the place. The owners, the staff, everything was amazing. Great people, professional and beautiful! Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Such a beautiful place!! Being agri-business owners ourselves, we were treated... Read More with the very caliber of respect we would expect to provide at our business. They have truly created a special experience.

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Rebekah H

We got married Thanksgiving weekend 2016, and it was absolutely beautiful. I loved every second of my wedding day. The venue is absolutely stunning. They really have thought of everything! The kitchen was perfect for my caterer, the bride's room was perfect for my stylist to get... Read More all of my girl's hair done (7 of us). We had our ceremony and reception in the great room and Hornbaker staff took care of flipping everything over for the reception. Lindsay did our flowers and took care of every single detail incorporating them in my decor. I didn't have to worry about any of that. Kaitlyn was our coordinator and she did an incredible job or answering every single question I had throughout our engagement and worked with me to the very last minute taking into consideration every little detail. I highly recommend this venue! I had so many compliments on my wedding, that it was the most beautiful wedding people have ever attended.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Billy D

My fiancé and I are getting married here next year. Most guys don't talk about how 'beautiful' a place is or say 'oh my god it's going to be the most incredible day of our lives it's so pretty'.... but I am not ashamed to say that I am just as excited as my future wife when I... Read More think about the wedding we are going to have. They have answered so many little questions my fiancé has had and just seeing pictures of other weddings on facebook or their website gets me excited. They have asked what kind of drinks we prefer so they can stock things they don't have for us. They were kind enough to let our dog be apart of our ceremony which is really important to us. They provide you with all kinds of vendor information on food, photographers, hotels, travel, and tons of other things if you aren't right in the area. I can't wait to see my fiance walk down the aisle at the Barn and become my wife. There is no other place in the area or even farther from it that is so nice or that has everything they do. I never thought I would be getting married somewhere that's as "beautiful" as The Barn and I can't wait for our day.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Billy D

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Heather N

Im a current bride saying 'I DO' at The Barn in August 2017. From the moment I saw this location on The Knot & saw more on their facebook I was like this is where I will get married there is no other option!! I actually cancelled the wedding venue I already had once I heard... Read More about The Barn & went for a visit. The Barn is incredibly stunning for any type of wedding simple or formal... The unlimited places for photos is amazing. My coordinator Kaitlyn has been so awesome with communication on the little details... if you think wow this place is stunning when you see pictures just wait until you visit. It will take your breath away!! I would definitely recommend having your special day at The Barn because of its beauty and for everything they have to offer!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 M S

Absolutely beautiful!! I didn't even want to look anywhere else. The only complaint is price was much higher than everywhere else and catering had to be from outside. Everyone was very helpful and readily available.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Katie M

Our wedding coordinator, Lindsay was amazing to work with from Day 1. She was very responsive and really went over the top to make sure that everything was perfect on our wedding day. Not to mention, the venue itself is AMAZING. After our wedding, we received so many... Read More compliments from our guests saying that it was the most beautiful venue they had ever seen. The service on our wedding night was absolutely increidble and I would highly recommend The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Anne V

My husband and I had been looking at venues for months before finally checking out The Barn, which is only about 20 minutes away from our house. We had previously looked at venues up in the Chicago suburbs, and none of them even came close to the beauty of this venue! Lindsay is... Read More not only extremely helpful and full of information, but she is an AMAZINGLY TALENTED florist! While I feel that it doesn't take away from our experience on our special day, one thing that I would suggest you consider discussing when booking is the open bar package. Gratuity is included in your package, which I feel is expected. However, the bartenders were accepting tips, which I personally feel should not be allowed if you are paying upwards of 1000$ (depending on your wedding size obviously), in gratuity for your bar package. I would still recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Sara G

Our wedding was just wonderful!! The best night of our lives and one that we will never forget. And it couldn't have been so beautiful without the amazing help and support from Lindsay (the wedding coordinator/florist)! She was so extremely helpful, and responded to quickly to... Read More my crazy text messages. She was just a joy to work with and really helped shape our beautiful day. The venue and grounds were spectacular and I know ours photos will just be amazing! Thanks you so much for helping us have a wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Ariel V

My husband and I were married here July 1st 2016 and had the absolute best experience and the greatest day of our lives! We searched for a wedding venue for 7 months before visiting The Barn and I knew before seeing the inside that this was it. It's a 2 hour drive from where we... Read More live, but it was the best decision we made. Lindsay was an absolute dream to work with. She helped us with so much of the planning process since we were traveling 2 hours and we didn't know the town. She also did our flowers which was one of my favorite parts of the whole day. We luckily had perfect weather for our day and we're able to get married right under the trees on the property just like I had envisioned! The grounds are stunning and very well kept. I can't say enough great things about the barn and about working with Lindsay. If you're looking for a rustic type feel for your wedding then this is the place! I can't wait to drive down and visit again.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Derek R

My Bride selected this venue and I didn't even step foot on it until rehearsal a few days before the wedding. She claims the staff, especially Lindsay (our day of coordinator) were extremely helpful and tolerant of her OCD details. We have received many compliments on the venue... Read More - look, feel, and overall I have to say my wife made an excellent selection.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

We got married on June 25, 2016, and it was the most perfect day! The venue speaks for itself, and is absolutely stunning. Lindsay is hands down the best person to work with at the barn. She takes care of everything from the beginning stages of planning to being there all day of... Read More the wedding. She was my wedding coordinator, florist, and overall just made me feel important, and I always felt I was in the best hands. I probably wrote over 100 emails, and she always responded promptly to every one. We got married right outside the barn, and our wedding pictures turned out amazing! I can't tell you how many people said our pictures should be in wedding magazines. Everyone had a blast, and was in absolute aw of how beautiful the barn/venue is. Another great thing about this venue is that there is a brides suite (which has huge mirrors and is perfect for you and your bridesmaids) and grooms suite out at the barn, so all of our wedding party was able to get ready at the barn. We were so incredibly happy of how flawless the day went, and it's all because of the great staff at Hornbakers! Again, we cannot thank you enough for making our special day so memorable and perfect!!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 April E

Can not say enough of this venue!! Lindsay was amazing to work with! She was quick to respond to e-mails & always had a smile! The grounds are amazing and The Barn is breath taking! All of my guest were so impressed! I loved the barn type atmosphere with all of up to date... Read More technology & functionality! Thank you for making my wedding day everything I dreamed of!

Reviewed on 3/03/2016 Mandy F

We couldn't be happier with the experience we had having our wedding at this gorgeous venue! The wedding coordinator, Lindsay, was there to help in any way possible. She had tons of great suggestions for how to make our day even more beautiful and keeping it within our budget.... Read More The location itself is perfect for someone who's always wanted an outdoor wedding. The garden is filled with so much diverse natural beauty. You'll have plenty of options to choose from when it comes to picking out backgrounds for your wedding photos. We've had so many guests tell us it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to. I can't say enough great things about this place! You should definitely check this place out and consider having your wedding here. You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 2/12/2016

The Barn is an amazing place to have your wedding/reception! Not only are the grounds gorgeous for pictures, but the The Barn is totally breathtaking. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure that your day is extremely special. Lindsey the event coordinator is awesome! My... Read More husband and I would highly recommend The Barn for your wedding and reception.

Reviewed on 2/06/2016 Susan T

With a booking price of $6200 plus another $1200 to have your ceremony onsite in 2017, this is not what I would consider affordable.

2016-03-04T16:25:28 Response from the vendor

We believe that our venue, our gardens, and our staff provide an unforgettable experience for every wedding party that celebrates their special day here. It’s not for every budget, but it’s a great value for what is provided. We have recently changed our pricing category... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Laura M

This venue has everything a bride could ever ask for! The wedding coordinator, Lindsay, was so easy to work with and can also handle the flowers. Our flowers were from a dream! The gardens are absolutely stunning and filled with endless beautiful photo opportunities. We got... Read More married right outside the venue at the end of October surrounding by the most amazing fall colored trees. The inside of the venue is just as gorgeous. The great room is a large open space that feels intimate and incredibly romantic. I could not have been happier with my experience.

Reviewed on 11/11/2015

Couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding!!! Everyone was so helpful and accommodating!!! I heard from many people it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to!! Thank you Hornbaker! Would recommend to anyone and everyone!

Meet The Coordinator

Lindsay Funderberg

Laid back, organized and willing to do what it takes for you to have a perfect day!