The Barns At Wesleyan Hills

Middletown, CT

Discover the Barns at Wesleyan Hills!

Enjoy panoramic views of our gorgeous willow trees, to dancing the night away in our authentic 150 year old dairy barn! You get the use of The Big Barn, the newly constructed (2016) Middle Barn, and Little Barn Wedding Suite for your cocktail hour, all equipped with heat and air conditioning! We provide a 6 hour reception with option to have your ceremony on site with us.

$$$$ – Expensive

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Loft, Park, Tented, Vineyard

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

616 Long Hill Road, Middletown, CT (860) 347-7171

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Steven F

My wife and I were married on September 16, 2016 at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. From the moment we walked into the Barns over a year ago, we knew it was the perfect place for our wedding. It had the perfect rustic and natural feel we were looking for, while still being... Read More beautiful and elegant. I was instantly enamored by the smell of the wood, the extended ceilings and the giant windows looking out toward the willow trees and duck pond. Anyone who walks through the Barns' doors, will know exactly what I mean. To top it off, the entire staff was very friendly and welcoming. Throughout the entire planning process, Mary-Beth (the Senior Wedding Planner) and her staff were there to help keep us on track and answer any questions or concerns we had. They always remained professional, courteous, and were understanding to all of our needs and requests. On the day of our wedding, the Staff at the Barns, especially Jack, took all of the stress and worries away from the very first moment. The decorations / set up of the Barns far exceeded our expectations and the Venue looked magnificent. The lighting hanging from the rafters and the barrel wood tables created the perfect ambiance. I have heard countless amounts of compliments from all of our guests on how magical the Barns looked that night. We were married underneath the giant willow tree which provides the ultimate backdrop for the wedding pictures. The duck pond and small bridges around the pond only added to the beauty of the property. I truly cannot state enough how beautiful this venue is. Throughout the cocktail hour, Jack and the rest of the staff catered to the bridal party and our every need as we continued getting photographed around the venue. We were constantly given food and drinks whenever we wanted it. The food was exceptional! Both apps and dinner. It was honestly the best food I have ever had at a wedding (I know this may seem biased but I could not stop stuffing my face). We then made our way inside for dinner and dancing. We had a large guest count (over 200 people) but the Barns was more than accommodating and it did not feel crowded at all. There was plenty of room for everyone to move freely and not feel claustrophobic. Again, the staff was terrific. Dinner service was smooth and they met the needs of every one of our guests. They also made my wife and I feel like royalty. Anytime we needed anything, someone was there to assist us right away. They kept everything on schedule and even made sure we had time to eat (which many people warned would not be possible on our wedding day). They were constantly going above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better venue and staff than the Barns at Wesleyan Hills and the Connecticut Wedding Group. I would truly recommend the Barns to anyone who is getting married and look forward to attending weddings at this venue in the future. They made our dream wedding a reality and thank everyone involved from the bottom of my heart.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katie P

BEST. WEDDING. EVER. Everyone loves their wedding (I hope!) But I must say, I don’t think I would love mine as much if it hadn’t been at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. Not only is the venue absolutely stunning (where else have you ever seen chandeliers in a barn??), but... Read More Connecticut Wedding Group was absolutely amazing to work with. From our initial tour, to the day of, all CWG wedding planners and everyone I ever spoke to was so accommodating, prompt, and kind! I must have exchanged dozens of emails with the wedding planner I worked with, Mary-Beth, leading up to the day, and she was SO helpful and sweet! After some hiccups getting ready (my hairstylist was an hour late and that pushed everything back), I was feeling pretty anxious. But those feelings quickly dissolved the moment we arrived to get dressed at The Barns—aka when Melinda took the reins! Melinda is pure magic. She was our day-of wedding planner and she was positively phenomenal! After spending countless hours crafting signs, creating fixtures, and brainstorming centerpieces, I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by how she brought my vision to life. And though she was so patient and laid back, she definitely was great with keeping everything on schedule. My husband and I still can’t get over how she read our minds—refreshing our drinks, making us plates from the buffet because we were so busy talking we forgot about eating, and generally moving things along so that we maximized the fun. In addition to the general awesomeness of the staff and venue itself, the food is delicious. Everyone I see, 6 weeks later, is still raving about how amazing everything was. The variety, the flavors—truly impeccable. We opted for pies for dessert—which is such a nice option and one that I’ve never seen at a wedding. I’ve received so many ‘best wedding ever’ comments from friends and family and that’s truly all thanks to the staff at The Barns and Connecticut Wedding Group—especially Melinda! Unbelievable from start to finish—I feel so lucky to have such happy memories from our wedding day :)

Rustic yet Elegant Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

In August, my wife and I were married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. It was an ideal venue for the sort of contemporary wedding that my wife and I envisioned for ourselves. We could not be more satisfied with this rustic yet elegant wedding space. The venue itself has many... Read More features that captured our interest. The landscape is very well maintained and offers an attractive backdrop for a ceremony. Our guests were seated on a well maintained lawn looking out at an enormous weeping willow tree adjacent to a calm pond. The Barn itself also rivaled the grounds in terms of its visual appeal. The high ceilings, wooden beams, hardwood floor and balcony added lots of visual detail. It is worth noting that The Barns is a raw space that can be transformed by adding various lighting and decor packages. We decided to accent the hardwood and rustic atmosphere with strings of garden lights and sheer tapestries. We also were very satisfied by the professionalism and attentiveness demonstrated by the entire staff over the course of the pre-wedding process. They were diligent in corresponding on a regular basis. The menu tasting was also quite remarkable in terms of the fun atmosphere the staff produced. We sampled all the artisanal meal options while also mingling with other couples and talking with knowledgable staff. The food options were eclectic and inventive. The Barns provides ten hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour and an open bar with signature craft cocktails as standard offerings. The farm-to-table dinner options were on par with the sorts of meals my wife and I find at highly renowned restaurants throughout New England. The food was fresh, innovative, rotates seasonally. The service the day of the wedding was impeccable. The event coordinator, Jack McDowell, was professional and instilled confidence in his ability to be responsive to our needs. The staff was present yet discrete throughout the day. They made the wedding a seamless affair. The Barns exceeded all expectations!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Leah C

We had the most amazing wedding at the Barns!! I don't think I've ever come across a more organized, professional, proactive, and just generally on-top-of-things group of people as I did with the Barns planning team. I planned my Connecticut wedding from out in California and... Read More the Barns team made it so easy. They always responded to emails same day and anytime I had questions about how I should do something, they would not only answer them, but would also offer different or additional solutions they've seen work and help me make the best decisions for my day. Jenna was my day-of planner and she was AMAZING in every way. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and everyone was commenting on how unique it was, great spots around the grounds and in the barn to get photos, and the food and dessert was amazing. I can't imagine a more perfect day and the Barns team really made sure we could enjoy all of it and not have to worry about anything else. Highly recommend!

2016-12-06T12:54:23 Response from the vendor

Hi Leah, Andrew, and Family! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was such a pleasure working with you all as well, I still have my Monkey Fists Key chain and I think of you and your amazing day every time I see... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Danielle K

The CT Wedding Group was absolutely amazing helping my husband and I plan our special day. The email reminders during the planning process were immensely helpful and ensured everything on the checklist was completed. The Barns venue was stunning - we brought a couple of key... Read More pieces we wanted displayed, but the way they organized and added onto our items was beyond anything we could have imagined. The from the passed items at cocktail hour, to the autumn inspired meal, all of the food was delicious. We received so many wonderful compliments on the decor and food from our guests - even friends of friends on facebook were in awe of the beautiful venue. The day went better than we could have ever hoped and that was all thanks to Jenna and Sam. Thank you all so much for making our big day that much better.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Nicole N

It was truly wonderful! The planning and communication along the way was convenient and easy. The day of the wedding was stress free and enjoyable! A fabulous experience! Mary Beth and the CT Wedding Group team were quick to reply to any emails and phone calls. Jack was beyond... Read More helpful with coordinating on the day of. I truly enjoyed my wedding day and owe it to a wonderful team of people at the CT Wedding Group!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Laura D

I emphatically give the Barns at Wesleyan Hills a 5 star rating. If there were more stars I could give, I would give them a 20! My new husband and I had the wedding of our lives on October 30th, and it couldn't have been accomplished without the amazing support and guidance from... Read More the CWG staff. Jessica, Mary-Beth, Samantha, and Ashley were all key players in making the wedding planning experience stress-free and fun. I give the Barns and CWG the highest recommendation and owe them the most gratitude for creating the most incredible memories of my life!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Sarah C

You NEED to get married here. Everything about The Barns is magical. The grounds and ceremony spot are straight out of a fairy tale. I thought this place was breathtaking at our first meeting but then to see it all put together on our wedding day 9/2/16 was indescribable. There... Read More are so many amazing decor and food options available, it was hard to choose. The staff was great! Jenna, Jessica, and Michelle were so awesome to work with. You won't have to worry about a thing! Well worth your money!

2016-11-08T12:28:35 Response from the vendor

Sarah and Thomas! Thank you so much for your kind words! You guys had such a great party and it was a pleasure to be apart of it! - Jenna

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Katie B

My husband and I got married at the Barns on August 19th and everything about our day was perfect! Jack and Mary Beth are a dream to work with. They are extremely helpful during the planning process and respond quickly to emails. Jack was our coordinator on the day of and we... Read More loved having him around! He made sure that we always had a drink in our hand, that everything went smoothly, and that we were sent home with plenty of food and desserts at the end of the night when we decided we didn't want to eat dinner. All of our guests raved about the food and how beautiful and unique the venue was. We couldn't have chosen a better place for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Heather P

I couldn't be more thankful for everything that The Barns has done to make my wedding day flawless. The staff made the entire process stress free and were beyond helpful every step of the way. There isn't a single negative thing I can about my experience with CT Wedding Group.

2016-10-31T12:39:16 Response from the vendor

Heather and Wil!! You guys were an absolute blast to work with!! Your Fall wedding was beautiful- thank you so much for your kind words!! - Jenna

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Melora W

My husband and I were married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills on 9/18/16 and we are so happy we chose The Barns and CT wedding group for our wedding! We looked at many venues but when we first saw The Barns, we knew it was the perfect venue for us! We loved the gorgeous grounds... Read More with the willow tree as the backdrop for vows, as well the rustic elegance of the barn. The staff was amazing from day one, as everyone was warm, friendly, quick to help, and always professional- it was like having a built-in team of wedding planners! Mary-Beth was unbelievable and almost always responded the same day, and Jessica went above and beyond as our day-of coordinator. I had asked them to put out family photos during dinner to replace the escort cards, and because Jessica knew how important this was to me, she found a spot to beautifully display them during the entire reception, which was much appreciated! She made sure everything was taken care of down to the smallest detail, kept everything running smoothly, and somehow did all of this while remaining unseen. Our guests are still talking about how gorgeous the venue was and how much they enjoyed the food and dessert! Lastly, the wonderful staff at The Barns made our day truly stress-free so we could completely enjoy our wedding day, and for that we will be forever grateful! Thank you again to Mary-Beth, Jessica, and the rest of the staff from the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Mallory V

> Our wedding day was the most amazing day and night. Our wedding coordinator, Jack and his team were fantastic. Starting with the rehearsal, we felt everything was very well organized and we knew exactly what to expect the next day. I was able to go into the venue early on in... Read More the day of my wedding to get ready with my bridesmaids which was very helpful. Throughout the day someone would come in and check in on us to make sure that we had everything we needed. Jack made sure we kept to a schedule and everything went according to plan. I was especially appreciative of Mary-Beth and Carole for helping me when I dropped food on my dress. For the food that I was able to eat, it was amazing. Our guests have not stopped raving about the food and the venue itself. Everything was incredible, the night was better than I could have expected it to go. We are so appreciative to everyone at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills for everything they did to make sure we had the best night ever!! THANK YOU! > > When talking to friends who are engaged or married, I was definitely going into this whole process a little anxious. Mary-Beth was there to answer all questions that we had throughout the entire process. I never felt that I wasn't going to be ready for this wedding. I always felt on time and ready for the next step in the process. On the day of the rehearsal, I definitely felt stressed but after talking to our wedding coordinator, Jack, I felt more excited for the day and a lot less stressed. I had a lot of ideas for the way I wanted things to look in the venue but none of them even came close to what the finished product looked like. Everything was better than I could have expected.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Lenna L

Thank you so much to Mary-Beth, Jessica, and the crew at The Barns for making the planning process smooth and our wedding day(10/14/16) spectacular! From the planners/prompt communication to the actual event, the CT Wedding Group and Barns team was amazing. On the day of our... Read More wedding we utilized the little barn to get ready. We were quickly greeted and given a nice snack platter and champagne. Jessica helped time out the entire evening perfectly - from walking down the aisle to dances with the parents- the event was seamless. We had many guest compliment us on the execution, decor, and of course the FOOD. The cocktail hour to the late night pretzel station - my mouth is watering just writing about it. Nick and I loved everything the Barn put together. Our ceremony decor was exactly what we wanted and the Lightning was perfection! We cannot say enough good things about The Barns - thank you for making the day of our dreams come true - Lenna & Nick

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Alicia W

I had such a wonderful day. The venue was spectacular. The grounds were beautiful. The food was absolutely delicious. I was very happy to have everything from the bridal suite to the ceremony right on site. It made for a stress-free day and allowed me more time to really enjoy... Read More everything. Jenna was tremendous in making sure I had everything I needed. I was happy to have her make the call on the weather as we ultimately had the wedding outside and I'll be thankful for the beautiful photos. She also carefully orchestrated the service for us so that we both had a chance to visit with our guests and eat. The venue also added some extra decor that really rounded out my vision for the wedding. It was really, really great.

2016-10-14T12:52:01 Response from the vendor

Hi Alicia! Thank you so much for your kind words! Your wedding was beautiful, and it was such a pleasure to make your vision come to life! Thank you for including us in your special day!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Brooke H

They say your wedding day is supposed to be one of the best days of your life, and our wedding at The Barns was without a doubt the best day ever! We could not have asked for a more perfect day or a better experience. The ceremony site and the barn where both more stunning then... Read More we imagined they would be. All the little details and wonderful ambience created by the staff and how smoothly things where executed by our coordinator Jenna, we didn't have to worry about a single detail all night. Our wedding was a week ago and my husband and I haven't been able to stop talking about it, we have received countless rave reviews from our guests as well. Thank you to everyone who made our day so special!

2016-09-15T08:41:05 Response from the vendor

Brooke and Chris! Thank you so much for your kind words! I had such a blast coordinating your wedding! You guys are amazing- Keep making eachother laugh!! Xoxo - Jenna

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Kaitlin J

We had an august wedding. The Venue was stunning. Everything I tasted was delicious and they really took care of every last detail for me. Jenna was our coordinator and was every bit as meticulous as me so my mind was at ease for the big day!

2016-09-06T12:42:19 Response from the vendor

Kaitlin and John! Thank you so much for your kind words! I loved being your coordinator!! Decorating for your wedding was a blast with all your special touches and collected lanterns!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Caillin W

Everything about The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and CT Wedding Group is beyond amazing! My husband and I cannot say enough great things about our day of coordinator, Jenna and the rest of the team! Jenna made sure that our vision not only came to life, but she brought it to a whole... Read More new level! She was always there to make sure that we had everything we needed, make sure that we had food, a drink, etc all night. Everything about The Barns at Wesleyan Hills is beautiful, the grounds, the barn, the new gorgeous middle barn, the food and presentation! More than one guest stated that it was the "best wedding they had ever been to". Thank you Jenna, Mary Beth and the rest of the team at The Barns for a day we won't ever forget!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Steph M

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills is an absolutely gorgeous venue, and CT Wedding Group maintains it with meticulous attention to detail. The outdoor ceremony area is stunning, and the inside décor was perfectly suited to our taste and the space. The food was delicious; every one of... Read More our guests commented on the flavors and presentation of each course. The cocktail hour and dessert were also perfectly on point, right down to the "to go" boxes that the staff at CT Wedding Group packed for our guests to bring home with them. You know how they say that something always goes wrong on your wedding day? That is not true with a wedding with CT Wedding Group. Every detail of our wedding was executed perfectly, and every single guest raved about the wedding! I didn't think that my wife and I would be able to relax and let go of the details, but our wedding planner (Jessica) did everything right to put our minds at ease and made sure every detail was even better than we dreamed. We had a blast planning the wedding with the staff at CT Wedding Group, and an even better time celebrating the day. We could not have made a better choice, and would recommend it without hesitation to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

2016-09-02T14:21:06 Response from the vendor

Hi Ladies!! The pleasure of planning and celebrating with you was truly all mine! We had such a great time with your family and friends! And that dance floor was PACKED all night!! I wish you both all the best, and congratulations again!! ~Jessica

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Allison C

My husband and I were planning our wedding under unusual circumstances; He was employed in Georgia, while I was finishing graduate school in New York. Although we never anticipated having a long distance engagement, or a destination wedding, once we saw The Barns, we knew it was... Read More the place for us. Mary-Beth went above and beyond for us. She was there every time we had questions (and you will have questions), great suggestions, and was always accommodating. We have been married for just over a week and our guests continue to rave about the food, the service, and the overall ambience of the night. We could not have dreamt a more beautiful day and the team at The Barns made it happen. We cannot thank them enough for making our wedding day truly magical!

2016-08-26T12:04:47 Response from the vendor

Allison & Nate - Thank you so much for your wonderful words! It was my absolute pleasure to help you plan and celebrate an amazing wedding. Despite the heat outside, everything inside The Barns was absolutely beautiful. We cannot wait to see your gorgeous pictures!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Taylor M

From the beginning my fiancé and I loved everything about the Barns. The staff there ( Mary Beth and Jenna) were so professional, sweet and helpful. The space itself is gorgeous expecially with the new coctail hour Barn which was recently renovated. The food was fantastic!... Read More Overall we had a fantastic experience!!

2016-08-23T10:33:54 Response from the vendor

Hi Katelyn and Taylor! Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so happy I was with you guys as you celebrate your special day- you guys are absolutely amazing and were such a pleasure to work with!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Caitlyn G

Absolutely beautiful venue. From our first meeting, the Barns staff helped streamline the wedding process. We were provided a list of possible vendors for any wedding needs and they all provided excellent service. It was great knowing that our vendors were familiar with the... Read More Barns and friends with the staff. Lindsey was our coordinator the day of the wedding and kept everything running smoothly (including timing our ceremony to end just as thunder began)!!!! The Barns are so beautiful that you will not need lots of other decorations. The garden lights and old wooden floors are the perfect backdrop.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Lisa m

We had our reception at the barn 8/12/16 and it was perfect. With 100+ degree weather, the staff made us so comfortable. Our guests were blown away by the middle barn. What an amazing addition! Jon and I were taken such good care of by Jenna and the whole staff. Jenna... Read More accommodated everything anyone in attendance needed. Leading up to the reception, there were late night emails, phone calls and drop ins and everyone at CWG made us feel comfortable and welcome (and sane) I can't thank Jenna enough. She is a master at her craft. Everything was perfect the day of and its all thanks to CWG!

2016-08-18T14:54:15 Response from the vendor

Lisa and John! You guys are amazing! We loved being apart of your special day. The two of you are such troopers battling the heat, and you still had the most amazing day. Thank you so much for including us, and best of luck! Jenna... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Lindsay B

The Barns team did an amazing job on our wedding day. Everything was set up perfectly to our vision. Jenna made sure all of our needs were met and most importantly made sure we ate our dinner! Our guests could not stop complimenting the venue and staff. I would not change a... Read More thing about the flow of our day. Our wedding planning experience was effortless. CT wedding group was always one step ahead of us and made sure all of our ducks were in a row. They had an answer for everything and made sure I understood all of the details. The wedding planning process was a wonderful experience for us. From start to finish we were treated with much respect and consideration of our needs. We had total and complete confidence that CT wedding group would make our journey to marriage successful.

2016-08-16T13:06:22 Response from the vendor

Hi Lindsay and Kyle! I am so happy to hear that your wedding along with the planning exceeded all your expectations! The two of you were such a pleasure to work with and so much fun! I absolutely loved your special touches, from the bridesmaid... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Vanessa M

Once we saw The Barns we knew it was the perfect choice for our wedding! Not only do you get to get married on their beautiful grounds and have an amazing farm-to-table meal, but you also get help throughout the entire planning process from their phenomenal staff!! The day of... Read More our wedding there was a possibility of rain, the staff set up for the ceremony inside and outside just incase and thanks to an amazing team getting our guests seated quickly we were able to get married outside, with thunder overhead! Lindsay was our day of coordinator and I can't say enough amazing things about her. She kept everything going smoothly the day of making the day completely flawless! I can't thank them enough for making our wedding day perfect!

2016-08-16T12:43:59 Response from the vendor

Vanessa & Adam, Thank you so much for your kind words! I had such a wonderful time working with you both, and I am thrilled that we were able to beat out the storm so you could get married outside near the willows. I absolutely... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Katelynn M

We couldn't have been MORE happy with our wedding at the Barn's - from the gorgeous grounds, to the new cocktail hour space, to the bridal suite and actual barn - Everything was STUNNING. The team set up everything perfectly as i had imagined. I walked into the reception room... Read More prior to our ceremony and just cried by myself because it was my vision executed with perfection. Our day of coordinator made our day extra special, we never had to seek out a drink or had to worry about what was coming next. She was always there for both my husband and I with a refill & kept the day running smoothly. It was magical.

Start a Conversation!