The Barns At Wesleyan Hills

Middletown, CT

Discover the Barns at Wesleyan Hills!

Enjoy panoramic views of our gorgeous willow trees, to dancing the night away in our authentic 150 year old dairy barn! You get the use of The Big Barn, Little Barn Wedding Suite & Tented Patio, all equipped with heat and air conditioning! We provide a 6 hour reception with no ceremony fees.

$$$$ – Expensive

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Loft, Park, Tented, Vineyard

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

616 Long Hill Road, Middletown, CT

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Allison C

I held my wedding at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills the first weekend in June and it was nothing short of amazing! Everyone from the CT Wedding Group was super helpful, from the moment I called to set up an appointment to view the grounds, to discussing details. They made the... Read More planning process effortless which was a big deal for me since I was planning the wedding from Indiana. Laura was my coordinator for the day of, and leading up to, the wedding and she was absolutely amazing! She kept the wedding on track while still keeping the laid back atmosphere I was looking for and made sure everyone was comfortable and having a good time. She really helped with all of my last minute questions and requests and really helped to make my special day perfect! The grounds are GORGEOUS, the venue is AMAZING, the staff is WONDERFUL and oh my goodness....the food. It really is to die for, and there is a lot of it. They also made sure my family, bridal party, and I were served hor dourves and beverages while doing photos during cocktail hour which was fantastic. Almost two months later I am still getting compliments on how wonderful the food was, how gorgeous the venue was, and how awesome the wedding was. I know I could have never pulled it off as well as I did if it hadn't been for all of the help and the beautiful venue Laura and everyone at the CT Wedding Group provided. I would highly recommend this location to anyone looking for that perfect place for their special day.I wish the party had never ended!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Jennifer L

I cannot even begin to explain how thankful I am that we chose The Barns for our wedding venue. The CT Wedding Group owns the barn and all they do is weddings. They have one wedding a day, so it is all about you and your husband/wife-to-be! They provide you with a day-of... Read More coordinator, which is amazing and sooooo much more helpful that you can imagine. Ours was Melinda Pratt and she was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! They have TONS of decorations that go with the rustic theme of the barn! All of these decorations are soo beautiful and unique! Melinda spent the day-of setting these decorations up for us - so we only had to concentrate on ourselves and having a blast. She did an amazing job and i cannot even explain in words how beautiful the barns looked when she was finished, and especially in pictures! The staff at the barns was so sweet and accommodating - I'm pretty sure i never had to go to the bar to get a drink. I told them what kind of wine i liked and there was always a full glass on my table. When i asked for anything during the wedding - it was provided to me immediately! This is truly a one of a kind place! My (now) husband and i were dancing the entire night that we missed the ice cream bar (that we picked specifically). I think that i or my husband had briefly mentioned this to Melinda or another staff member and they went out and bought me a pint of chocolate ice cream. That example in itself shows their devotion to make your special day - an incredibly amazing day. All of our friends and family said that they never sat down because they were dancing all night. I can literally go on and on about how much i love this place. My husband and i come from New Jersey and we found this venue online. It was the first place we visited. We saw 2 venues in total, and on the way home from the 2nd, we said "lets do the barns." It was and will always remain the best decision we ever made! They made our special day one we will never forget!

Amazing, Beautiful and Helpful Venue

Reviewed on 5/15/2015 Emma G

Working with CT Wedding Group and their staff at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills was an amazing experience and completely exceeded all of my husband and I's expectations. The Barns at Wesleyan Hills was my one and only wedding venue that I looked at, once I saw its uniqueness and... Read More beauty, there was no where else that I knew would compare. Mary-Beth and the CT Wedding Group staff were beyond helpful and there to answer my questions almost 24/7. My emails and phone calls were answered almost immediately every time I contacted. I found the entire wedding process to be easy and stress-free by working with this venue. On the day of the wedding there was literally not one thing that went wrong. The wedding coordinator Jack was exceptional, always present when we needed something but never in the way. The food was exceptional and the decorations exactly what I envisioned (and more)! I could not have higher praise for the Barns at Wesleyan Hills.

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Sarah Q

I cannot say enough about the facility and the staff at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. I live in Colorado and was planning a fall wedding in Connecticut. I had spent a lot of time online researching venues but kept coming back to The Barns. The staff there was so accommodating.... Read More They set up a Facetime appointment and walked me around and showed me the entire venue and I fell in love instantly. Throughout the whole planning process they would send friendly reminder emails and suggestions that were so helpful. They understood my vision and when it came to the big day it far exceeded my expectations. The food was amazing and everyone is still talking about it weeks later! Thank you for making what could have been a very stressful process so easy!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Erica R

I cannot say enough about CT wedding group and their staff. Our wedding at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills was absolutely perfect. Every single person we interacted with was professional and friendly, and our guests could not stop raving about the food, the music, the... Read More decor...everything. I would not change a single thing about this event. Our day of wedding coordinator Jessica was phenomenal. When my guest transportation was late, she kept me calm and helped formulate a plan. She was amazing!!

Fairytale wedding!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Alix H

My husband and I got married on October 10, 2015 at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and it was truly the most magical day of our lives. From the moment I set foot on the property during my initial tour of the venue, I knew that this was where we were meant to be married. The... Read More grounds, with the weeping willow trees atop the beautiful rolling hills, are absolutely stunning, and the barn itself is perfect. It really is the ideal venue for any couple looking for a rustic yet elegant country wedding. Connecticut Wedding Group made the wedding planning process seamless. Everyone there is EXTREMELY good at what they do, and no matter who you work with at the Barns, you'll be in good hands. Throughout the year leading up to our wedding, our main point of contact was Mary-Beth and she was phenomenal. She was always available when I needed assistance, and answered every single of one of my questions literally within minutes. Jack was our day-of coordinator and I'm not sure what we would have done without him! He was so attentive to our every need, and because of him we were able to relax and enjoy every second of our wedding, knowing that he had it all under control. Our wedding was an absolute dream come true. If we were to do it all over again, there is NOTHING that we'd have done differently. I can't recommend this venue enough, it is perfect in every way possible!

Our DREAM Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kelly S

I had my eye on The Barns at Wesleyan Hills several years before I actually got married so when I finally got engaged, I set up a visit right away. It was even MORE beautiful in person than in pictures, and thankfully my (now) husband fell in love with the venue too. We booked... Read More it right away! Our experience with CT Wedding Group was fantastic from the initial site visit through the actual wedding day. The staff is absolutely amazing and everyone is incredibly kind and helpful. In addition, they are all super organized and they make sure you stay on top of your planning. I received several reminder emails throughout the process to help keep me on track and although I am very organized myself, this was a phenomenal added service! In addition, I would often send late night emails to the team asking various questions, and they would respond at all hours of the night! Truly awesome service! My husband and I primarily worked with Michelle, Mary-Beth, and Melinda, and we cannot say enough about them...they were all AMAZING. Thanks to The Barns at Wesleyan Hills for providing our DREAM wedding venue and for making sure every detail was just perfect.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katie P

BEST. WEDDING. EVER. Everyone loves their wedding (I hope!) But I must say, I don’t think I would love mine as much if it hadn’t been at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. Not only is the venue absolutely stunning (where else have you ever seen chandeliers in a barn??), but... Read More Connecticut Wedding Group was absolutely amazing to work with. From our initial tour, to the day of, all CWG wedding planners and everyone I ever spoke to was so accommodating, prompt, and kind! I must have exchanged dozens of emails with the wedding planner I worked with, Mary-Beth, leading up to the day, and she was SO helpful and sweet! After some hiccups getting ready (my hairstylist was an hour late and that pushed everything back), I was feeling pretty anxious. But those feelings quickly dissolved the moment we arrived to get dressed at The Barns—aka when Melinda took the reins! Melinda is pure magic. She was our day-of wedding planner and she was positively phenomenal! After spending countless hours crafting signs, creating fixtures, and brainstorming centerpieces, I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by how she brought my vision to life. And though she was so patient and laid back, she definitely was great with keeping everything on schedule. My husband and I still can’t get over how she read our minds—refreshing our drinks, making us plates from the buffet because we were so busy talking we forgot about eating, and generally moving things along so that we maximized the fun. In addition to the general awesomeness of the staff and venue itself, the food is delicious. Everyone I see, 6 weeks later, is still raving about how amazing everything was. The variety, the flavors—truly impeccable. We opted for pies for dessert—which is such a nice option and one that I’ve never seen at a wedding. I’ve received so many ‘best wedding ever’ comments from friends and family and that’s truly all thanks to the staff at The Barns and Connecticut Wedding Group—especially Melinda! Unbelievable from start to finish—I feel so lucky to have such happy memories from our wedding day :)

The Barns is the absolute best

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Mia D

I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day, and I owe so much of that to the fact that I chose the Barns as my venue. The staff at the Barns is top notch. From day 1 they were professional, welcoming, SO nice, and SO helpful; always answering all of my and my... Read More parents questions, being willing to work with us on whatever we wanted, coming up with solutions and ideas for me when I wasn't sure what I wanted or how to execute something properly. Everything they did, from the tables and décor - all set up flawlessly, better than I could have dreamed up, to the service - my husband and I never having to get ourselves a drink, we were asked at least 15 times if we needed anything, to having staff bringing us appetizers and cocktails to the bridal party and family while we were taking pictures, to helping us coordinate a sparkler sendoff that was EPIC, the Barns made the wedding of my dreams come true. Melinda, Traci, Mary-Beth, everyone there is so helpful, and even though you don't necessarily work with 1 person from start to finish, they are seamless and the most amazing people. The venue itself is such a unique space that can be turned into such the most elegant, romantic setting, and the grounds on top of that are perfect for pictures. I would 100% recommend the Barns for anyone that wants to have a unique and absolutely perfect wedding. I wish I could relive my wedding day over and over, it was perfection.

Rustic yet Elegant Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

In August, my wife and I were married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. It was an ideal venue for the sort of contemporary wedding that my wife and I envisioned for ourselves. We could not be more satisfied with this rustic yet elegant wedding space. The venue itself has many... Read More features that captured our interest. The landscape is very well maintained and offers an attractive backdrop for a ceremony. Our guests were seated on a well maintained lawn looking out at an enormous weeping willow tree adjacent to a calm pond. The Barn itself also rivaled the grounds in terms of its visual appeal. The high ceilings, wooden beams, hardwood floor and balcony added lots of visual detail. It is worth noting that The Barns is a raw space that can be transformed by adding various lighting and decor packages. We decided to accent the hardwood and rustic atmosphere with strings of garden lights and sheer tapestries. We also were very satisfied by the professionalism and attentiveness demonstrated by the entire staff over the course of the pre-wedding process. They were diligent in corresponding on a regular basis. The menu tasting was also quite remarkable in terms of the fun atmosphere the staff produced. We sampled all the artisanal meal options while also mingling with other couples and talking with knowledgable staff. The food options were eclectic and inventive. The Barns provides ten hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour and an open bar with signature craft cocktails as standard offerings. The farm-to-table dinner options were on par with the sorts of meals my wife and I find at highly renowned restaurants throughout New England. The food was fresh, innovative, rotates seasonally. The service the day of the wedding was impeccable. The event coordinator, Jack McDowell, was professional and instilled confidence in his ability to be responsive to our needs. The staff was present yet discrete throughout the day. They made the wedding a seamless affair. The Barns exceeded all expectations!

Beyond Amazing

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Anthony L

From beginning to end this venue was great. All of the staff and wedding coordinators were all attentive to detail and there service was beyond excellent. The food was great and as specified. If your looking for a rustic wedding look no further this is definitely the place to... Read More be. All of the vendors they recommended were top notch and right on the money with everything. The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and The CT Wedding Group come highly recommended in our book, if your looking for a picture perfect wedding than you have come to the right place. Thanks again for making our special day SPECIAL. Thanks, you guys ROCK.

A spectacular event

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

We could not have been happier with the how well (perfectly, actually) Melinda and her team executed their roles at our daughter's wedding reception this past Saturday. For starters, the Barns and the grounds there were set up and decorated beautifully. The food was "to die... Read More for." The circulating hot hors d'ouevres were delicious, and plentiful. The Harvest Table received rave reviews as well. First course was the cavatelli pasta with Bolognese sauce, and that set the tone and expectations for the rest of the meal. 90% of the time that I've attended weddings where pasta was on the menu, it has been overcooked, cold, and generally the sauce is not very good either. That was not the case on Saturday. The pasta was served hot, cooked al dente, and the sauce was great (and that's coming from an Italian). Entrees were served hot, everyone at a given table was served their dinner at the same time, and we received unsolicited and rave reviews on how good the food was. The filet mignon was cooked to order, and delicious. While I did not sample the chicken or salmon, our guests who did were quick to mention how much they enjoyed their meals. The servers were outstanding, and "on the ball" the entire night -- as were the bartenders who were friendly, accommodating, and quick. From start to finish, it was a spectacular event, executed flawlessly by Melinda and her team. I am not exactly the easiest person in the world to please, but I can honestly (and gladly) say that Melinda and her staff at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills exceeded my expectations, and delivered a top-notch event. We would wholeheartedly and highly recommend them for anyone who is planning a wedding. Sincerely, Joe & Mari DeLucco.

Beyond Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Alissa G

I cannot say enough praise for The Barns, and the people we worked with from start to finish. I describe this place as the most friendly, well-oiled machine. They know their stuff and have the entire wedding process down to a T, while still being extremely warm and friendly.... Read More This alone was enough to solidify our decision to have our wedding there, and as an added bonus the venue is gorgeous. I was worried it was too dark inside, but it ended up being a non-issue. They walked us through the entire planning process and sent reminders and recommendations along the way. Any questions I had, big and small, were answered, quickly and accurately. Now most importantly: The big day. It was seamless. Jack, our day of coordinator, was cool, calm, and collected, and so on top of everything from timing to people dynamics. There were a lot of variables that could have made the day stressful, but thanks to the staff I really just enjoyed myself. People raved about the venue, the food, and the staff. (BTW the Best of Both Worlds Dessert instead of having a wedding cake was one of the best choices we made; think room full of amazing desserts). I seriously could not imagine a more perfect wedding day, and so much of that was thanks to The Barns and CT Wedding group. I can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Lauren M

Our wedding day was an absolute dream at The Barns from start to only complaint is how quickly it went by! Other than the fact this place looks like the pictures from a Pinterest board, the staff at CT Wedding Group were/are amazing. They are the friendliest, most... Read More organized and efficient team. Our coordinator of the day was Melinda who went above and beyond our expectations. She was so thoughtful about our needs and made special touches displaying our decorations and making them even more beautiful than we envisioned. Our guests raved about the venue, food and how nice and professional the waiters and bartenders were. I've always wanted to get married outside and couldn't have imagined a more special place to do it beneath the willow trees. It's easy to get lost in all the details trying to find a venue, but you must at least visit this place if it is on your list and you will know.

Amazing Rustic Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Michelle S

I was looking for a non-traditional wedding venue, and The Barns was the perfect fit. The grounds, barn, and tented patio are gorgeous and well-maintained, giving a cozy, rustic, and intimate feel. We LOVE food so it was important to us to have good food at our wedding,... Read More and again, we wanted non-traditional wedding fare. The CT Wedding Group does an absolutely amazing job with the menu...everything is farm to table, fresh, and delicious. Our guests raved about the food, and there was a LOT of it. I am so glad we picked this venue, since everything (food, tables, table settings, chairs, etc, etc) was included. It made planning a breeze. The wedding planners I worked with were very helpful, and did an amazing job coordinating the day of. I didn't stress at all. A bit on the pricey side, but it was worth it.

My daughters wedding on July 3rd, 2015

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Dee H

The bride and I (her mom) are your typical Type A personalities. We had a very clear vision of what her wedding day would look like. Her style fit the Barns to a tee - warm and rustic yet elegant and classy. From the moment we visited the Barns on a cold January Sunday we... Read More knew it was the place. Everyone from Mary-Beth to Michelle to Melinda to Laura made her dream become a reality. I wanted to say something different in this review than all the other ones. To all you future brides out there - whatever your vision is and no matter how many boxes and spreadsheets you drag in there these folks will make sure your decor and day is EXACTLY what you want. It was hard for us to "let go". It was hard to believe that everything we brought would be set up exactly like we wanted (see type A personality comment again!). But I am here to assure you it was. The end result was even better than we planned. And we brought in a TON of stuff! Melinda - our deepest thank you's and gratitude go out to you. Whether it was making sure you knew exactly where the 100 candles were to go - to keeping my daughter calm and on schedule to allowing my son time to loop back up the were the consummate professional (with an awesome sense of humor!) You were behind the scenes but totally in charge. Cannot thank you enough - and how we got that place emptied out in 30 minutes took some REAL magic. So to all you brides and grooms out there - JUST DO IT. The food was phenomenal (both cocktail hour and dinner), the service was impeccable and all of our needs were taken care of. These people are in the Wedding business for a reason. Let them make your day something you will never forget.

Awesome from start to finish!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Alexandra B

The Connecticut Wedding Group was phenomenal from the first tour we got of the venue to the hour and even days after the wedding was over. They are incredibly organized, efficient, and helpful in every single way. My day-of planner (Laura Shipman) was so calm and easy-going that... Read More it brought every one of us to a more relaxed level, and that's saying something for our family! Even though I am naturally a complete control freak, I was entirely comfortable leaving my wedding day in their highly capable hands, and I am so glad that I did. They made sure that not only the two of us had an incredible time, but also all of our guests. The food here is phenomenal and they put in a solid effort to make the ingredients as much farm-to-table or at least local as possible. I am a vegetarian and they were completely willing to change around hors d'oeuvres and other elements of the menu to make sure that I was happy and able to enjoy as much of the food as possible. Our guests raved about every course of the meal, and those raves were well-deserved. I was sorry not to personally have had time to enjoy more of it! Also, how could I not point out the spectacular beauty of the Barns themselves! The historical barn is gorgeous and has that perfect rustic charm that I always wanted for my wedding. There decor packages, while a bit pricey, enhance the beauty even more. We went with a single, very simple but well worth it decoration of the Garden Lights and were very happy with that choice. We also had our ceremony outside under the willow tree and could not have asked for a more picturesque cite. Everyone was talking about how beautiful it was long after the wedding was over; in fact, they still are talking about it now. We are so thankful and honored to have been fortunate enough to have our wedding at this gorgeous venue. Thank you all for the support and warm welcome that you have given us! Connecticut Wedding Group is well worth the investment, and I would strongly recommend any of their sites -- of course, particularly the Barns -- to any bride.

Reviewed on 6/29/2015

We recently got married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and wanted to take a moment to send a big thank you to Melinda and everyone at CT Wedding Group. From the moment we said “I do” to The Barns, their team was so helpful and readily available every step of the way. A major... Read More reason we chose The Barns was not only because of the amazing space but what they do with the space to make it so amazing – it’s all the details! Melinda listened to our vision/ideas and displayed all our DIY wedding crafts, favors and accessories perfectly. She used their own inventory of gorgeous antique pieces and rustic embellishments to decorate every food station to beautifully complement our theme. It didn’t stop there, the food was also amazing and there was plenty of it. From the array of apps at cocktail hour to the delicious entrées and our over the top dessert station (best of both worlds dessert station – get this!!) - Guests did not stop raving! And we can’t forget the Watermelon Sangria, YUM! Throughout the night the staff paid attention to everything, especially us - did we need another drink, more water, had we eaten etc, they made sure we had everything we needed. Everything was truly wonderful, thank you again for such an unforgettable day! Brides, if you’re considering The Barns as your wedding spot, stop thinking, book them!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 CJ B

The Barns was the first venue that we visited. Not only did we immediately fall in love with the space but we also knew immediately that we were in great hands with Mary Beth – our wedding planner. The Barns at Wesleyan Hills was a beautiful canvas but we wanted to really make... Read More it unique with our own individual style. We knew that the Connecticut Wedding Group and Mary Beth were going to help us make it happen. Mary Beth went above and beyond in order to make our dream wedding happen. She helped us through multiple sessions with the designer, offering her feedback and tips. We demanded a lot (building a new entrance way structure, unique trees/lights) but the team was always willing to work with us. She made the planning portion truly enjoyable and we were confident knowing we had an expert on our side. On our wedding day, it was amazing to finally see it come together. Despite all the planning, there is always some anxiety on how the venue will look once everything is finally put in place. The Barns looked exactly as we had envisioned it. Well not exactly, there were small pieces and details that we had not even thought of that the staff knew tied the theme together. Many of our guests (even some who had been to the Barns for a previous wedding) were in awe of how the Barns looked. The food was diverse, unique, and delicious. Our guests raved about the options available during the cocktail hour and the entrees matched the cocktail hour food in their quality. The staff was extremely attentive – never allowing the bar to have a large line and ensuring that the needs of all of our guests were met. We are beyond happy with our choice to have our dream wedding at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. The team at Connecticut Wedding Group – especially our experience with Mary Beth - will really work with you to put your own personal touch on your day!

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Tara C

We got married over Memorial Day weekend at The Barns. All I can say is, you MUST have your wedding there. It was spectacular, enchanting, and magical. The decor inside the Barn is breathtaking (we did garden lights and pin lights on the columns). The food was excellent and... Read More the service is impeccable. Melinda helped us in the days preceding our wedding as well as on the big day. She set the Barn up perfectly in the vision we had dreamed of. There were old trunks, old books, a dresser, and so much more that she put together. We got so many compliments! Also, Melinda ensured that the day ran smoothly for us. We felt so at ease knowing that Melinda was in charge. The rest of the staff at CT Wedding Group is also fantastic. All of the preparation work during the last year was handled by multiple people (Mary-Beth, Traci, Irene and others). They were amazing. The Barn is beautiful and the staff is spectacular. I can't recommend this place enough. We almost want to do it all over again because we had such a great experience!!

Wedding of our dreams!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2015 Eugenia N

We got married at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills this past Sunday, May 17th! Everything was absolutely wonderful: 1) Michelle, Mary-Beth, and Shelli were all there on wedding day, and they are all amazing! They are so friendly, warm, helpful, and attentive - I did not worry about... Read More a thing. They were a joy to work with from the moment we visited the Barns for the first time. All my questions during the planning process were answered quickly by phone or e-mail, and I knew I was in good hands the entire time. I will truly miss our back and forth emails! 2) The grounds are BEAUTIFUL. We had many photos taken outside with our photographer, and we had our chuppah ceremony outside as well. The grass and trees were crisp green, and the ponds and garden bridges were so beautiful and romantic. So many of our guests told us how beautiful it all was. 3) The decor was beautiful - exactly how we envisioned it! They have a large collection of vintage & rustic items (i.e. lace runners, books, etc.) that were placed everywhere - under the tent for cocktail hour, in the Barn for reception, etc. The barn itself is the most beautiful barn we saw during our venue search... It is so warm and cozy inside. There are many decor options for the barn based on your style (we chose garden lights, and it was just perfect). As far as decorating place card tables, guestbook, and cake tables, we left it completely in the hands of Shelli, Michelle, and Mary-Beth. They arranged the decorative items I mentioned before so tastefully - we just loved how everything looked. 4) The service was wonderful through-out cocktail hour and dinner. I was in "hiding" during cocktail hour and a few waiters and waitresses brought us many plates of food right into the bridal suite! 5) The food was AMAZING! SO many guests raved to us about it! We loved our wedding here. It was our dream come true, for sure. We are so grateful!!

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Sarah K

My husband and I got married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills on 4/24/15. From start to finish this venue, our wedding coordinator, Melinda and the staff were amazing! When we went to look at The Barns for the first time we did not plan to make a decision that day. We actually... Read More didn't plan to have our wedding in Connecticut, but when we saw the grounds at The Barns and inside the venue my husband and I instantly fell in love and booked our wedding that day. There aren't words to describe how beautiful this venue is. On the day of our wedding when we saw all of our decor and everything come together we were speechless. Melinda, who we met for the first time on the day of our rehearsal, took the time to listen to us and really get a feel for how we wanted the venue to look and she along with her team set up all the decor spot on to our vision. We all know when guests come to a wedding they are looking for good food and great drinks. Our guests cannot stop talking about how phenomenal the food was! Friends and family did not want cocktail hour to end due to all the amazing appetizers that were served. Our signature drink was Sangria and it was such a hit that all of our friends who are strictly "beer guys" chose to drink sangria all night! My husband and I had the pleasure to meet the Chef at our tasting and not only is he extremely talented but he is incredibly kind and personable. I can't say enough good things about this venue, CT Wedding Group and the staff at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. Our special day truly was perfect! I highly recommend The Barns at Wesleyan Hills.

Late Fall Perfection

Reviewed on 12/30/2014 Stephanie V

My husband and I got married this past November and had the most WONDERFUL, AMAZING night, thanks to the team at The CT Wedding Group! Throughout the entire planning process, they were incredibly helpful, attentive, and a true pleasure to work with. Mary-Beth was my coordinator... Read More and responded to every question or request with lightning speed, and was really flexible when it came to the personalized elements we wanted to include for our big day. It was great getting to know her, she really made us feel comfortable throughout the craziness of wedding planning! Everything was personal, beautiful, and delicious, even more so than we could have envisioned. Our family and friends continue to rave about the great time they had, that the food (particularly cocktail hour) was incredible and filling, and that it was a very unique, cozy venue. Thank you!

Fairytale Sunday Wedding at the Barns

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Erica D

I had my wedding at The Barns recently and it was a rustic fall fairytale. Everything was amazing AND our wedding coordinator, Laura, was absolutely fantastic. She was friendly, organized and on point with everything we discussed regarding décor and set up. As a nervous... Read More bride, all my fears were washed away when I saw how beautiful the ceremony looked outside and no detail left un-turned for cocktail hour and the reception. The atmosphere was magical and the food... exquisite. The staff was friendly and the day couldn't have gone any smoother. Everyone on the CT Wedding Group team was readily available via email and always quick to respond with any questions. We had our wedding coordinators personal cell too in case any issues came up. They are extremely dedicated. It was worth ever dollar spent. Our families raved about it and the memories we have from our perfect day are priceless. I would recommend this to any bride looking for amazing service and a gorgeous atmosphere. Wedding of my dreams :)

The Barns Are The Best

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Lydia S

We did not have our own wedding planner, and were coordinating our wedding from 6,000 miles away. The Barns made it easy, beautiful, and perfect the day of. Laura made us feel completely at ease as we put together last minute details. Everyone at the venue was incredibly... Read More responsive to all of our questions -- even on weekends and after hours. Wonderful service, and absolutely stunning location, especially for a New England wedding in the fall. Absolutely worth it.