The Barns At Wesleyan Hills

Middletown, CT

Book Your Wedding with The Barns At Wesleyan Hills

A BALLROOM IN MIDDLETOWN, CT

Widely considered one of the premier wedding venues in New England, The Barns at Wesleyan Hills provides couples with a historic, non-traditional venue, perfect for a rustic chic and romantic style wedding. If you do not want your wedding to look, feel, or taste ordinary, but rather are looking for a unique and authentic experience, The Barns at Wesleyan Hills is the venue for you.

Outdoors

The outdoor space includes a beautiful pond outlined by cattails, willow trees, wooden bridges, and luxuriously green lawns that set the background for inspired wedding photos. Ceremonies are available on-site, either outside on the gorgeous lawn or inside the Big Barn.

The Little Barn Bridal Suite

The Little Barn is a spacious wedding suite available onsite for you and your wedding party to get ready. This space is complete with restrooms, a kitchenette stocked with refreshments, plenty of comfortable seating, and of course mirrors for those last minute touches.

The Middle Barn

Newly constructed in 2016 to match the architecture of the historic Big Barn, the Middle Barn is the perfect cocktail hour space for you and your guests. Grab a drink at the fully stocked bar, enjoy farm-to-table inspired cuisine, and relax in the space for cocktail hour. The Middle Barn is also a great, comfortable hang out space throughout the evening.

The Big Barn

Raised in 1872, this historic English-style dairy barn features walls that are designed with richly colored hardwood planks, exposed ceiling beams, and original 145 year-old wooden floors (the perfect dance floor!) which become the blank canvas for your big day. This space is designed for you to paint the backdrop for your wedding. Between twinkling garden lights, beautiful canopies with fresh florals and greens, or dramatic chandeliers, you can design The Barns to match your wedding style.

Tours are by appointment only and are held available seven days a week.

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills seats 125-225 guests for dinner and dancing, comfortably.

This venue has a site rental fee and our full service catering starts as low as $99.95 per guest on select dates .

CT Wedding Group provides the catering for your wedding with a farm-to-table philosophy in mind. Menus are based on seasonality, allowing the chef to provide you with the freshest ingredients possible.

Outside alcohol is not permitted, but an open bar is included in your wedding package. Our open bar features top-shelf, premium liquors, local beers, wine, and seasonal signature cocktails.

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills is equipped with heating and air-conditioning, keeping your guests comfortable no matter which date you choose.

The Barns is wheelchair accessible, and on-site parking is available.

Benefits of choosing this venue include:

·        One wedding a day for your one-of-a-kind experience

·        Wedding planning services are included in your package throughout the engagement

·        Day-Of Coordinator provided for the entire event

·        Chiavari chairs, round tables, color coordinated linens, and tableware

·        Amazing design and décor options available to add on, as well as culinary experiences designed to WOW! your guests including cocktail hour stations, desserts, and late night snacks!

Discover the Barns at Wesleyan Hills!

Enjoy panoramic views of our gorgeous willow trees, to dancing the night away in our authentic 150 year old dairy barn! You get the use of The Big Barn, the newly constructed (2016) Middle Barn, and Little Barn Wedding Suite for your cocktail hour, all equipped with heat and air conditioning! We provide a 6 hour reception with option to have your ceremony on site with us.

$$$$ – Expensive

Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Loft, Park

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

616 Long Hill Road, Middletown, CT (860) 347-7171

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Anna B

My husband and I prolonged writing this review ONLY because it would mark the end of our memorable partnership with the fabulous crew at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. We got married at The Barns on April 15, 2017 and can without a doubt, confidently say that booking The Barns at... Read More Wesleyan Hills was the best experience we have gone through. We planned and executed our wedding in 9 months, all with the help of so many knowledgable, hardworking, and honest staff members. For starters, planning this wedding was stress free, AND enjoyable. The staff treated us like family, and we felt nothing but respect and honesty. At our menu tasting, we crossed paths with the owner of the CT Wedding Group, Tom, who provided us much comfort in knowing that he would do all that he could to ensure us a fabulous experience. Every little detail you can think of, The Barns has already thought of. Anything you think could go wrong on your big day, The Barns has already put in place a plan B and C. We felt much comfort in knowing that they were willing to do everything in their power to make such an important time in our lives a success. Before our wedding, we had heard nothing but exceptional reviews from friends and family who have attended or even heard of people who attended a wedding at The Barns. My husband and I had been to countless weddings where the food was just warm, had little flavor, or you were waiting until 9pm for the entrees out. At our wedding the timing of cocktail hour, first course, and entrees and perfect. Meals were hot and our guests raved about flavor. Executive Chef, Steve, made it a point to create entrees for our family that had extreme dietary restrictions. The entire night felt natural and effortless. Our wonderful coordinators, Jessica and Samantha, let us know when and where anything would take place, they checked in countless times assuring we had everything we needed and they were always one step ahead. The decor and atmosphere at The Barns is truly one of a kind. We brought in own decor pieces however The Barns provided us with many different options and items to use. It brought our design full circle. I received two compliments from two separate guests that I would never even think of while attending a wedding. They said how wonderful, friendly, and relaxed the wait staff was at their table. They made sure our guests felt comfortable, asked for anything they needed, and were thoroughly enjoying themselves. I have to give a HUGE shoutout to the director of wedding planning, Mary-Beth. She was available to us with an ideas and answers to any questions, and a solution to any problem. We became good friends with her as she guided us through this process. She truly is the best at her job. I know for a fact that she will go above and beyond your expectations to make sure you have THE best wedding you could dream of. From every coordinator, to bartender, waiter, and receptionist, our experience at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills would not have been as memorable had we picked another venue. We became friends with them, we enjoyed celebrating our evening with them, and we never felt unsatisfied. We truly are going to miss working with The Barns and all of their staff. I would hands down recommend booking your wedding at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills because you aren't just booking a venue. You are choosing a company and the people who you will trust to plan one of the most memorable times of your life. We trusted and LOVED our decision.

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Stephanie G

(It's impossible to write a short review for this amazing group and venue so bare with me on the length of this!! LOL) We had the most amazing wedding day on 05/12/17 at The Barns At Wesleyan Hills. The Connecticut Wedding Group absolutely blew us away with all of their... Read More incredible talent, visions, ideas, patience, compassion, etc. From the very beginning of this journey, Michelle was incredibly helpful with introducing us to the best venue in CT (bias or not). She brought our vision alive just in the first visit which excited us even more about choosing our beautiful location. Mary Beth and Samantha were also very helpful with answering our many emails of questions and always responded quickly. There was never a question or concern that no one could help with. Even when I thought things would be impossible, TCWG proved that there is literally nothing they can't do! For example, our seating chart which we received the day before the wedding was a complete disaster and unreadable. Amanda took the chart and said she'd take care of it. I was blown away the next day when we learned that she took her own personal time and energy to re-create it her own way but so it would look the same. My husband and I were in awe when we saw what she accomplished. We are so grateful for Amanda's help and selfless efforts. Finally, Jenna and Cate... our day could not have been possible without these two! Seeing everything come together the day of, took our breath away as well as all of our guests. The vision they pulled together was way bigger and better than anything I ever imagined. Their help and compassion helped ground me when my nerves were getting the best of me. And they both made sure my husband and I (as well as the bridal party and immediate family) were all set and had everything we needed. All of our guest still rave about the venue and all of the amazing details even to this day. The food, the dessert displays (hello donut wall!!!) and everything inside-out. TCWG is a group of angels. My husband and I simply could not have done this on our own without them. I'm happy to call this amazing group our friends and I recommend TCWG and the beautiful Barns At Wesleyan Hills to anyone who is getting married!! You will NOT be disappointed!

2017-06-12T13:31:47 Response from the vendor

Stephanie and Paul!! Thank you so much for your kind words! Cate, The Team, and I can't stop raving about your wedding! We absolutely loved making your Nautical Theme event come to life! We can't wait to see pictures!!! Jenna

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Lindsey B

Choosing a venue can be a really stressful process, and you want it to be equal parts beautiful and also, hopefully, stress free. From the moment we met with the The Barnes at Wesleyan Hills team, it was love at first sight--for the venue and the people. Everyone is warm and... Read More friendly, they greet you with smiles, answer all your questions rapidly, and even go above and beyond with more details you thought you needed. The venue itself is like a dream--you can customize it yourself, with a lot of options at a variety of price points. Mary Beth and Jenna became what I would now call friends--they were always honest with their opinions on what would be best for us. Their emails and correspondence was thorough--and not overwhelming, which was so helpful. The day of the wedding, because of Jenna (and Mary Beth and Gillian), I felt calm and taken care of. They were so on top of everything, helped us to actually eat the AMAZING food (seriously, it's so delicious!) and were just fun to have around us. Nothing was overlooked, every detail done with professionalism I didn't know possible. They helped us in our search to find a DJ, florist, photographer--gave feedback on my decor ideas and were awesome guides for every aspect of the experience. My advice for anyone booking a venue, is to go here, see it for yourself and meet the team. You'll get far more than just a space. You will feel taken care of and really enjoy the experience--from the first tour, the food tasting and all that leads up to the big day. Now that we are married, I miss talking to them!

2017-05-09T09:01:19 Response from the vendor

Lindsey and Brian! Saying that it was an absolute pleasure to share in your special day would be an understatement! Thank you so much for choosing us and including us in such a magical moment in your lives! To decorate your event with all your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Alanna M

I would highly recommend getting married at The Barns. The CT wedding group made the entire event seamless and enjoyable. We booked our wedding a year in advance and throughout the whole year they were phenomenal. We are from MA and knew what kind of venue we wanted. We wanted... Read More the look of a DIY wedding without the heavy lifting of a DIY wedding, and they delivered! They would check in every month to remind you of wedding "to-dos." They made the entire process fantastic, and I would recommend it to anyone planning a wedding in the CT area! They took care of everything and really allow you to enjoy your day! Thank you again for an amazing day Jenna, Kate, and the CT Wedding Group!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Kara M

My husband and I got married August 26th, 2017 and can I say that my wedding day was truly a fairy tale and the best day of our lives! The Barns at Wesleyan Hills is the most stunning barn we had ever seen and we are so blessed that we picked to have our dream wedding there.... Read More Not only was the venue beautiful inside and out but the Wedding Planning Team was as well. From day one we knew that Mary-Beth, Samantha, Jessica, Lindsay & Cate were going to make all of our dreams come true. There professionalism is truly top notch but what meant so much to my husband and I was that they treated us like family. They truly cared about making our wedding day flawless and if at any point we had questions/concerns they were easily answered with a solution. They made wedding planning so stress free to were I truly enjoyed every step of it. The moment I walked into the barn on the day of my wedding, I cried because every detail was absolutely perfect. I truly felt as though I was a princess in a fairy tale standing under those gorgeous chandeliers in the most stunning barn I have ever seen. The FOOD...can I just say all of it was the most amazing food I have ever tasted. Our family and friends can not stop raving over how this was the best wedding they have ever attended and that the food was out of this world! The blazing donut station.. every bride has to have this! Most amazing dessert ever and our loved ones went crazy for it. If I would do it all again I wouldn't change a thing, they exceeded all of our expectations and made our wedding day absolutely perfect, 10/10, best day ever. Love, Kara & Matt

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Lindsay K

I had my wedding there this past August and everything was perfect! I tend to be a very anxious person and I did not feel at all like that through out the day. Cathy had everything extremely organized, and helped us in every way she could. We got compliments from the guests on... Read More how good the food was and Cathy made sure my husband and I always had extra food and something to drink. Everything was decorated beautifully, we couldn't be happier on how our day went there! I highly recommend this venue to everyone, it was the perfect day and I'm so sad it's over it was a pleasure working with everyone there!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Lisa Z

Our wedding day truly could not have been any more perfect. From the rehearsal to the very end the staff, especially Cathy and Kate were on top of everything! Our ceremony and reception went so smoothly, if anything that shouldn't have happened, happened matt and I had no idea... Read More about it. I am gluten free and everything that was brought to me throughout the entire wedding was gluten free and delicious! Our guests went out of there way to come tell us how great the food was, how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the staff was! I felt that you they consistently kept me on track with everything without making me stressed at all. Any questions I had were answered in such a timely fashion! They made it all so easy! I can't thank all of you enough!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Kristen M

It makes me so sad to write this review, because it truly means our wedding is over! This was and is my dream venue! It didn’t take much for me to persuade my now husband that either, after touring a few other options in the area. We started looking about 18 months before our... Read More planned wedding day and The Barns was my first choice! The look of this venue is beautiful and with the middle barn being remodeled recently and the addition of fancier chairs for the outdoor ceremony, CT Wedding Group knows what they are doing! Mary-Beth and Samantha are the main points of contact throughout the whole process and are so quick to answer questions (and there were many the last month leading up to the wedding!) Most communication is done via email from the beginning, but you can always call or stop by and see them or the venue with family members (like I did a few times!) throughout the process. The original person we met with to officially book and then our day of planner was Jenna. She was great and set up everything exactly as we wanted. Towards the end of the night, I asked her “where is the pretzel station?” It was set up outside for people to grab as they left… I asked for it to be inside the middle barn since we still had 30ish minutes left to party, and within minutes the entire station was brought in to the barn! This venue is pricey, but everything they do is worth every cent. The outdoor ceremony space was beautiful and Jenna set up the chairs in the arched form I asked for and it was beautiful with our arch provided by CT Wedding Group. The food is amazing and our guests are still talking about how yummy everything was. I had a guest say “You didn’t have to invite me to the wedding, but I’m mad you didn’t invite me to the food tasting!” because she thought everything was so great, and that was only after the cocktail hour! We cannot say enough about how happy we were with The Barns and the staff at CT Wedding Group! You will probably find a venue cheaper than here, but no one will provide the service that the ladies (and guys) at CT Wedding Group do!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Reiko S

My husband and I got married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills this July, it was an absolute dream! We do not have one negative thing to say about the venue or their staff! We both felt zero stress day of and they made sure we ate!

2017-08-29T16:12:45 Response from the vendor

Hi Reiko & Tyler! Thank you so much for your kind words!! Your pictures were absolutely beautiful, thanks so much for forwarding those along to us! They truly captured what an amazing day you had! I wish you both the best, Congratulations again! -Cathy

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Tori K

My husband Brian and I fell in love with the Barns the minute we set eyes on the rolling hills and willow trees. We were hooked when we saw the beautiful vaulted ceilings, original dairy barn flooring and experienced the rustic elegance everyone raves about! From that moment on... Read More we knew we were going to celebrate the beginning of our marriage at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. Our wedding coordinator was Mary-Beth, and I cannot say enough good things about her! She made the entire planning process so seamless. She was always very responsive to questions and gave wonderful suggestions when I had inquiries about what décor to decide on. The food was to die for. Our friends and family are still talking about how delicious everything was. The way the decor was put together was such a beautiful surprise to walk in to the day of the wedding. The team was on top of timelines during the entire event and made sure to check in with my husband and I throughout the night to ensure we were having a blast. If I could do the entire day over, the only thing I would change would be to eat more of that Ben and Jerry’s ice cream bar!! I would highly recommend this venue to any newly engaged couple!! Thank you again to Mary-Beth and the entire CT Wedding Group!! --- Brian & Victoria —April 2017

2017-09-12T09:01:54 Response from the vendor

Hi Victoria & Brian! Congratulations again!! I can't believe it's been almost 5 months since your wedding day. We hope married life is treating you both very well. It was our absolute pleasure to help you plan and celebrate such a beautiful wedding. Best of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Maryanne O

We chose The Barns at Wesleyan Hills because they basically do everything for you and help guide you through the wedding planning process. And for two people who don't enjoy event planning or like being the center of attention, this is exactly what we wanted and The Barns did... Read More not disappoint. Their planning team is amazing. Incredibly responsive, listened to all of my concerns, eased my stress, and provided great ideas. The day of was perfect. Cathy and Cate did it all. They made sure the day went flawlessly, coordinating all of our vendors, herding the guests, and making sure my husband and I had food and drinks throughout the evening. Cathy checked in with us throughout the night and made sure we were doing ok and at the end, her and Cate packed up a ton of food for us to take with us. It was an amazingly easy day, I didn't have to do anything except show up. Thank you CT Wedding Group for everything!

2017-08-22T12:21:36 Response from the vendor

Hi Maryanne! Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It makes us very happy to know that your wedding day was perfect for you and Jonathan! Your friends and family were wonderful to celebrate with, Thank you for choosing us to help on this... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Jaime M

We had the best day! The barns looked perfect. They made planning the wedding really easy. Held my hand the whole way which was exactly what I wanted. Barely stressed at all during the planning. Jenna was out day of coordinator and everything was perfect. Her and Kate helped to... Read More keep us going and fed.

2017-08-22T12:26:03 Response from the vendor

Jaime and Zach! It was truly our pleasure to help put your wedding together! We had such an amazing time planning and getting to know both you, and your families through your wedding journey! We can't wait to see your photos! And Keep blogging- we... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Jamie T

I wanted to give the CT Wedding Group hugs all night to show them how much I appreciated them for making my wedding go smoothly!! I really could not have asked for a better evening. They are TRUE pros and everything went PERFECT! From the first day we booked the venue at the... Read More Barns to the months leading up to the big day, CT Wedding Group was right by our side. I loved the reminder emails each month helping a bride keep on track of the wedding planning. Also, I would have several questions as I started planning the details of the day, and never once did I feel like I was annoying and always got a response back right away. Every detail that Jenna, our wedding planner with the CT Wedding Group, incorporated was a wonderful element of surprise. A bride plans her wedding for 12+ months so can anticipate most of the details, but I loved that I was able to be surprised by the little details they added to put the experience over the top. From the snacks and water outside provided for the bridal party when we were taking pictures, to bringing us our appetizers to try before the introductions, to giving us a moment alone to eat dinner outside and checking in on us throughout the evening - it was so PERFECT. I could keep going with all the parts of the day that I loved. Our guests were so WOWed by the food and the cocktails - they said it was the best they have ever had at any wedding! They were amazed by the top of the shelf alcohol and the signature cocktails put on by the venue. The blazing donuts station was so unique too and our guests loved it as a different option for dessert. I also could not express how beautiful all the details were with the decorations they incorporated. THANK YOU again!! I truly love the CT Wedding Group - I would definitely have our wedding through the CT Wedding Group, no doubt, if I had to do it all over again. And Jenna and Mary-Beth - you two are gems - love you! Thank you for being part of the biggest day of our lives.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Chelsea K

Ever since we got engaged it was a dream of ours to get married at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. We loved everything from the decor, romantic ambiance, and farm-to-table food. Once we booked our wedding here, we were absolutely blown away!! Throughout the planning process (no... Read More matter what questions we had or emails we sent) staff was always friendly, helpful, and responded quickly. They helped us make our wedding day a dream come true, and we loved every second. Allie made sure that everything looked the way we wanted it to, incorporating even the smallest details into our special day. Every detail was accounted for and there isn't a single thing we would have changed! Our entire wedding day went smoothly, and our day of wedding coordinator (Allie) was beyond amazing. She put us at ease and worked hard to make sure that our wedding day was everything we wanted and more. The farm to table food was delicious, fresh, and unique and throughout the night we had many guests come up to us and say "this is the first wedding we have attended where the food was not only good, but amazing"- and my husband and I felt the same way. Allie was there every step of the way and she always made sure that my husband and I were taken care of and had everything we needed. We had both our ceremony and reception on site, and it worked our great for us, and for our guests! The staff at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills doesn't just treat you like another client, they treat you like family and they make sure you truly have the best day of your lives. I can't say enough good things about CT wedding group and the Barns at Wesleyan Hills!!!

2017-08-21T12:37:13 Response from the vendor

Chelsea, Thank you so so much for your wonderful feedback! Working with you and Justin was simply a dream, your vision was magical and it was so much fun bringing it all to life! Thank you so much for inviting our team to help you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Mercedes H

As I sit her writing my tearful review, I can't help but smile while happy tears flow! Steven and I got married at the Barns on June 4th this past summer. Our experience, not only on our wedding day but from the very first day we went to meet with Michelle Moody, was nothing... Read More short of phenomenal. As we pulled into The Barns for our first meeting with Michelle, we immediately fell in love with the massive willow tree! Once we toured the inside of each barn, we knew this was our venue. As if we need any further convincing, the Chef brought us some hor dourves that sealed the deal! Jenna was a day-of-coordinator and we all agree, hands down, AMAZING!! Every meeting we had with her brought us such comfort and reassurance that she and her team has it all under complete control – AND THEY TRULY DID! One the morning of our wedding we were stunned to walk into the barns and see what an incredible job Jenna, Cate and their team had done! The displays were more beautiful then we could have ever imaged and our families were happy and content in the bridal suite as they await our arrival; all thanks to Jenna and The Barns Team. Rain was forecasted within the same hour as our outdoor ceremony was scheduled to take place. If there was anyone watching that Radar Doppler as hard as I was, it was Jenna! She kept the entire ceremony on track and running smoothly. No sooner than we exchanged vows and get all of our guests back inside for cocktail hour it began to rain. I honestly credit Jenna and her determination to get us that outdoor wedding beneath that willow tree we adored so much that made it possible! It’s because of her and her dream-team we were able to have the wedding of OUR dreams! I could go on-and-on for a lifetime on how OUTSTANDING the food was at The Barns!! Our guests raved for days after the wedding about how delicious their meal was, how beautiful the décor was and how tentative the entire staff was! The Barns has succeeded at assembling the most well-oiled and polish wedding team I have ever seen! It’s truly remarkable how the CT Wedding Group has managed to perfect the wedding process! We had many newly-engaged couples at our wedding and by the end of the evening, they were all asking for Jenna’s business card. I think we can all agree, a referral is the best compliment you can ever give and I would highly recommend CT Wedding Group/ The Barns to anyone looking for their fairytale wedding, just like we were. It was a dream come true all thanks to Jenna, Michelle, Cate and the entire staff at of The CT Wedding Group. I hope to back at The Barns again soon, this time as guests at our friends wedding! Thank you all, from the bottom of our hearts, Mr. & Mrs. Petrino

2017-08-08T14:22:13 Response from the vendor

Mercedes and Steven!! Thank you so much for all of your kind words! Your wedding was so magical! I absolutely loved all of your special touches- decorating The Barn for your big day was a blast! Cate and I were so happy to see you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Chrysanthi M

This venue was absolutely perfect. The group was so supportive and on point the entire day and so helpful and informed during th eplanning process. I absolutely recommend them to everyone! They made everything effortless and truly made it the day of my dreams

2017-08-21T13:01:09 Response from the vendor

Chrysanthi & Owen- Thank you so much for the kind words! Congratulations again! What an awesome night of dancing and Greek music! Our staff couldn't stop smiling and talking about how fun your family and friends were! It was so amazing to help you celebrate... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 David S

Lindsay made me any my wife feel like a Royal Couple the entire day. The food, the atmosphere, the accommodations I could go on and on. You get what you pay for. The Barns, Mary-Beth/Jonathan and their staff gave us the happiest day of our lives. We will never forget their... Read More service and attention to detail. There isn't a thing about this place that isn't above and beyond. Thank you guys from the bottom of our hearts. If you are on the fence or just starting out on your plans, book them now and get to planning.

2017-09-01T08:26:02 Response from the vendor

Kelsey and Dave, Thank you so much for celebrating your special day with us! I LOVED your Disney touches, Cinderellas Carriage Card Box and "Be Our Guest" guest book sign in! Best wishes as you continue your journey together to happily ever after! Sincerely, Lindsay

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Alison T

Booking at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills was a great decision for our wedding! From the start, Michelle, Mary-Beth and Samantha were incredibly kind and responsive, all the way through to the end of our wedding day! They sent reminders and helpful tips to keep their brides on... Read More track which I found so useful as I was planning. I always felt that I could ask any question and they always responded quickly and made sure to help as much as possible. Even on the day of our wedding, our guests told us how nice and helpful the staff were. It really made all the difference and I truly trusted them with so many parts of my wedding, when usually I like to make the decision making. I knew they were knowledge and creative in their experience. The food was amazing, from presentation to taste. The options were out of this world and they really take the time to present and create food that is different and DELICIOUS! The venue itself was absolutely gorgeous, and in order to stick to our budget, we kept all decor/food simple, and you could never tell. It still looked beautiful and we felt that we had a 5 star wedding! When booking a venue, you're not just booking the space, but you're really booking the people you will be working closely with- and I think that's what makes CT Wedding Group stand out amongst the rest. They are great people! I would highly recommend the venue and CT Wedding Group to any bride looking for a venue. We already miss them and wish we could get married again to spend more time there : ) Thanks, CT Wedding Group, for all that you do for your brides and grooms!

2017-08-21T12:40:28 Response from the vendor

Alison & Ryan! You both are truly so sweet, and thank you so very much for your kind words! It was honestly my pleasure being able to help you celebrate your big day! Myself and the entire team loved being able to see you and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Liz D

My husband and I got married on June 25th 2017 at The Barns At Wesleyan Hills. Our wedding was more then anything we could have dreamed of. The Connecticut Wedding Group is made up of a staff who are not only beyond talented in what they do but also want to see you at your... Read More happiest not just on your wedding but throughout the entire process. Michelle was the first person we worked with and her passion for planning a perfect wedding and her excitement for us and our wedding day was amazing and is truly what made us pick the Barns. Mary Beth and Samantha were helpful with answering our questions through e-mail or on the phone and always responded quickly. They also kept us on track while planing with reminders and things to be thinking about. Jenna was our day of coordinator and I'll never be able to thank her enough for the amazing job she not only did for the wedding details but for the calmness in the way she approached everything that made me feel so at ease the day of the wedding. Jenna made sure the entire day that my husband, our bridal party, and our immediate family were all set and had everything we needed. At one point it started to lightly rain right before the ceremony was starting and my nerves were kicking in. Jenna was completely calm and reassuring that everything would be fine and put me at ease, the rain stopped and the sun came out as I was walking down the aisle :) All our guests are still talking about our wedding and how amazing it was and how perfect every detail was. They also loved all the food and were amazed by the blazing donuts and the egg&cheese sandwiches at the end. I will never be able to thank the TCWG enough for everything they did throughout the planning process and on our wedding day and I would pick this venue every single time if asked again.

2017-07-18T13:53:14 Response from the vendor

Liz and Rob!! Thank you so much for your kind words! I know I can speak for our entire team, we truly loved being apart of your amazing day! You and your families were such a pleasure to work with- we cannot wait to see... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Alexandra M

I cannot properly express how grateful I am for the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. Our wedding on June 3rd could not have gone smoother or been more beautiful. Everyone at Connecticut Wedding Group is unbelievably professional and knowledgeable. Their wonderful staff of wedding... Read More planners meant we didn't have to hire a planner or day of coordinator. I honestly can't think of a single detail that wasn't perfect and all our guests are still raving about the wedding. Multiple friends have told us it was the best wedding they've ever been to! Additionally, guests are still talking about the flaming donuts! Lindsay, our day of coordinator, could not have been better. She kept us on time and organized. She also knew every detail of our wedding as well as I did. Without her, I would have been stressed! I cannot thank everyone at the Barns enough for giving us the perfect stress-free wedding day!

2017-09-01T08:25:36 Response from the vendor

Alex & Brendan, Congratulations!! Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was such a gorgeous day and I adored your green and blush color scheme, especially with the beautiful wooden boxes for centerpieces! I wish you all the happiness in the world as... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Meghan R

We had our dream wedding at the Barns! Everything was better than we could have ever imagined! Lindsay, Mary-Beth, Samantha and the entire CT Wedding Group team were a pleasure to work with. They're amazing at what they do and they helped us feel calm and organized each step of... Read More the way. We're so thankful to have worked with them. The Barns is simply the best and we can't recommend it highly enough. We wish we could do it all again!!!

2017-06-13T10:23:57 Response from the vendor

Meg & Matt, Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I had such a fun time celebrating with you both! I absolutely loved how you incorporated your cats, Leroy and Louie, into your special day with your signature cocktail names. So cute! Congratulations again!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Melissa B

My husband, Jake, and I got married at The Barns on 4/22/17 and it was absolutely THE BEST decision we could have made!! The Barns was the first and only venue we looked at because it had everything we were looking for - and more! There will never be enough words to explain just... Read More how thankful we are for the incredible CT Wedding Group Staff and all of their help in making our Wedding Day the absolute most perfect day of our lives! The staff made the whole planning process so easy, with the least amount of stress possible. Everyone was extremely responsive to all of our questions and emails and always openly provided advice when needed. Day-of, we had Lindsay & Melissa ensuring that everything went smoothly - and it did! Our family and friends have been talking about our wedding day non-stop ever since! The Barns is beautiful and picturesque, the food (including cocktail hour!) is absolutely DELICIOUS, and the staff is so kind, attentive and caring. The CWG goes above and beyond with everything that they do and we so eternally grateful for finding them.

2017-08-08T14:39:08 Response from the vendor

Melissa & Jake, Thank you so much for your kind words! It was such a pleasure to celebrate your big day with you both! I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness! Congratulations! -Lindsay

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Adam S

Our wedding at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills was the most enjoyable day of our lives! Our day of wedding coordinator, Jessica, (that we had met on previous occasions-like our detail meetings, tasting, and rehearsal), was supportive and helpful in the entire planning process. Our... Read More beautiful ceremony outside was so memorable and special. Following our beautiful vows under the willow trees & amazing cocktail hour, we enjoyed a wonderful and delicious sit down dinner. Jessica, and the other staff members, made sure my husband and I enjoyed our meals, spoke to all our guests, and guided us though the evening to be sure it would be everlasting. Our wedding was exquisite. The Barn provided the most beautiful location & décor, an amazing meal that was artistically and carefully presented (with plenty of food!), and extremely helpful staff. Days and months following our wedding, our guests have told us our wedding was “THE BEST WEDDING” they had ever been to. We agree. I know this is because of the professionalism, attention to detail, and friendlies of everyone who was a part of our wonderful day! Thank you!

2017-02-13T14:33:26 Response from the vendor

Hi Guys! It's so wonderful to hear from you, and I hope that married life is treating you well! It was absolutely my pleasure to be a part of your special day! What a beautiful, summer wedding! Your friends and family were wonderful to celebrate... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Kerri S

My husband and I had our wedding at The Barns on October 28th, 2016. Leading up to the day, everyone that we worked with- from Traci at the very beginning, to Ashley for making all our appointments and events seamless, Jessica being so accommodating at our details appointment,... Read More Samantha and Mary Beth who answered all my 10pm "just thinking about this, wondering about that, this is on my mind" questions (and Samantha gave my parents and I a tour so they can see the venue before the big day), to our day of coordinator- Jenna, the biggest super star of all who made our day feel so special and made everything go smoothly and on time, and made me- the biggest worrier ever- actually not worry about things on the best day of our lives. Our immediate family and bridal party that interacted with Jenna the most of all our guests, absolutely loved her as well. She was so down to earth and kept calm, which made me feel calm. She worked behind the scenes with the Barns staff and our vendors to keep things moving seamlessly. Our ceremony started a little later than planned, and our pictures took a little longer than expected, but she made up the time. I was told by several of our guests that they were actually happy to have a little bit longer of cocktail hour (while we were finishing up with our photos). I don't blame them, because the food was amazing!!!! One of the most important points I want to drive home is that we didn't feel like we were just one of hundreds of couples. We felt like we had a really special, unique experience, and were taken care of the entire time. I have no regrets about anything- only that I wish I wrote this review sooner! I'm sure I probably missed a great many of people who made our day as amazing as it was, so to everyone at CT Wedding Group and the Barns- we are so thankful and so happy we made the decision to have our big day with you!

2016-12-14T13:07:38 Response from the vendor

Kerri and Justin! Thank you so much for your kind words! You two were an absolute pleasure to work with! Your attention to the little details for you wedding made it extra special :) Enjoy your first Holidays as husband and wife!! - Jenna

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Leah C

We had the most amazing wedding at the Barns!! I don't think I've ever come across a more organized, professional, proactive, and just generally on-top-of-things group of people as I did with the Barns planning team. I planned my Connecticut wedding from out in California and... Read More the Barns team made it so easy. They always responded to emails same day and anytime I had questions about how I should do something, they would not only answer them, but would also offer different or additional solutions they've seen work and help me make the best decisions for my day. Jenna was my day-of planner and she was AMAZING in every way. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and everyone was commenting on how unique it was, great spots around the grounds and in the barn to get photos, and the food and dessert was amazing. I can't imagine a more perfect day and the Barns team really made sure we could enjoy all of it and not have to worry about anything else. Highly recommend!

2016-12-06T12:54:23 Response from the vendor

Hi Leah, Andrew, and Family! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was such a pleasure working with you all as well, I still have my Monkey Fists Key chain and I think of you and your amazing day every time I see... Read Less Read More