The Barns At Wesleyan Hills

Middletown, CT

Discover the Barns at Wesleyan Hills!

Enjoy panoramic views of our gorgeous willow trees, to dancing the night away in our authentic 150 year old dairy barn! You get the use of The Big Barn, the newly constructed (2016) Middle Barn, and Little Barn Wedding Suite for your cocktail hour, all equipped with heat and air conditioning! We provide a 6 hour reception with option to have your ceremony on site with us.

$$$$ – Expensive

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Loft, Park, Tented, Vineyard

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

616 Long Hill Road, Middletown, CT

Fairytale wedding!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Alix H

My husband and I got married on October 10, 2015 at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and it was truly the most magical day of our lives. From the moment I set foot on the property during my initial tour of the venue, I knew that this was where we were meant to be married. The... Read More grounds, with the weeping willow trees atop the beautiful rolling hills, are absolutely stunning, and the barn itself is perfect. It really is the ideal venue for any couple looking for a rustic yet elegant country wedding. Connecticut Wedding Group made the wedding planning process seamless. Everyone there is EXTREMELY good at what they do, and no matter who you work with at the Barns, you'll be in good hands. Throughout the year leading up to our wedding, our main point of contact was Mary-Beth and she was phenomenal. She was always available when I needed assistance, and answered every single of one of my questions literally within minutes. Jack was our day-of coordinator and I'm not sure what we would have done without him! He was so attentive to our every need, and because of him we were able to relax and enjoy every second of our wedding, knowing that he had it all under control. Our wedding was an absolute dream come true. If we were to do it all over again, there is NOTHING that we'd have done differently. I can't recommend this venue enough, it is perfect in every way possible!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katie P

BEST. WEDDING. EVER. Everyone loves their wedding (I hope!) But I must say, I don’t think I would love mine as much if it hadn’t been at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. Not only is the venue absolutely stunning (where else have you ever seen chandeliers in a barn??), but... Read More Connecticut Wedding Group was absolutely amazing to work with. From our initial tour, to the day of, all CWG wedding planners and everyone I ever spoke to was so accommodating, prompt, and kind! I must have exchanged dozens of emails with the wedding planner I worked with, Mary-Beth, leading up to the day, and she was SO helpful and sweet! After some hiccups getting ready (my hairstylist was an hour late and that pushed everything back), I was feeling pretty anxious. But those feelings quickly dissolved the moment we arrived to get dressed at The Barns—aka when Melinda took the reins! Melinda is pure magic. She was our day-of wedding planner and she was positively phenomenal! After spending countless hours crafting signs, creating fixtures, and brainstorming centerpieces, I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by how she brought my vision to life. And though she was so patient and laid back, she definitely was great with keeping everything on schedule. My husband and I still can’t get over how she read our minds—refreshing our drinks, making us plates from the buffet because we were so busy talking we forgot about eating, and generally moving things along so that we maximized the fun. In addition to the general awesomeness of the staff and venue itself, the food is delicious. Everyone I see, 6 weeks later, is still raving about how amazing everything was. The variety, the flavors—truly impeccable. We opted for pies for dessert—which is such a nice option and one that I’ve never seen at a wedding. I’ve received so many ‘best wedding ever’ comments from friends and family and that’s truly all thanks to the staff at The Barns and Connecticut Wedding Group—especially Melinda! Unbelievable from start to finish—I feel so lucky to have such happy memories from our wedding day :)

Rustic yet Elegant Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

In August, my wife and I were married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. It was an ideal venue for the sort of contemporary wedding that my wife and I envisioned for ourselves. We could not be more satisfied with this rustic yet elegant wedding space. The venue itself has many... Read More features that captured our interest. The landscape is very well maintained and offers an attractive backdrop for a ceremony. Our guests were seated on a well maintained lawn looking out at an enormous weeping willow tree adjacent to a calm pond. The Barn itself also rivaled the grounds in terms of its visual appeal. The high ceilings, wooden beams, hardwood floor and balcony added lots of visual detail. It is worth noting that The Barns is a raw space that can be transformed by adding various lighting and decor packages. We decided to accent the hardwood and rustic atmosphere with strings of garden lights and sheer tapestries. We also were very satisfied by the professionalism and attentiveness demonstrated by the entire staff over the course of the pre-wedding process. They were diligent in corresponding on a regular basis. The menu tasting was also quite remarkable in terms of the fun atmosphere the staff produced. We sampled all the artisanal meal options while also mingling with other couples and talking with knowledgable staff. The food options were eclectic and inventive. The Barns provides ten hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour and an open bar with signature craft cocktails as standard offerings. The farm-to-table dinner options were on par with the sorts of meals my wife and I find at highly renowned restaurants throughout New England. The food was fresh, innovative, rotates seasonally. The service the day of the wedding was impeccable. The event coordinator, Jack McDowell, was professional and instilled confidence in his ability to be responsive to our needs. The staff was present yet discrete throughout the day. They made the wedding a seamless affair. The Barns exceeded all expectations!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

My daughter got married almost a year ago in August at the Barns. They did an amazing job. Jack who was our event planner was unbelievably attentive to every detail from setting up the decorations to handing out bottle water at the end of the night. Everyone was pampered from... Read More the time they arrived until departing. As the mother of the bride I was able to relax and enjoy a wonderful day due to the service they provided. I cannot say enough about the beautiful venue, quality food, how organized the staff was at the Barns at Wesleyan. They were truly amazing!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Stacy E

Can't say enough great things about the Barns at Wesleyan Hills, along with the amazing staff at CT wedding Group. They are a best in class operation and wonderful to work with. The team helps you every step of the way and for me, who is not really into wedding planning (I know... Read More crazy, right), they were extremely helpful in keeping me focused, along with keeping tabs on all planning components. The food was out of this world and our guests kept raving about the passed appetizers as well. The sliders and tacos especially. They have so many options to offer a couple to make the wedding day truly unique and special. The venue itself was decorated perfectly and our coordinator Jessica was a huge help in prepping and the day of, making sure we were taken care of. It was the only venue we looked at and fell in love with it the moment we got there. We are extremely happy with our experience at the Barns and recommend it highly to anyone looking for that rustic yet elegant wedding.

2016-07-07T08:25:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. We had such a great time planning and celebrating your wedding at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills with you and Matt. Your friends and family were so much fun, and Matt did such an awesome job making your centerpieces... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Carly M

We got married at the Barns in April 2016. From the moment we picked the date until the moment we walked down the aisle, the planning team and staff made sure that every detail and request was executed to perfection. Mary-Beth is hands down the sweetest, most professional and... Read More talented wedding coordinator. She helped us to create a magical day down to the smallest detail - there was not a single thing we asked for that was refused. The entire team is incredibly responsive to emails and phone calls, which made planning our wedding from NYC as stress-free and easy as possible. The grounds were groomed to perfection and looked lush despite the fact that it had flurried in CT just 10 days earlier. Every piece of decor was spot on with the vision we had in mind and laid out appropriately so that both barns looked decorated without being too bare or cluttered. The Chef and kitchen team also met with us personally and accommodated all of our menu requests and preferences, making for a meal that was representative of our tastes. Many guests commented that the wait staff and bartenders provided outstanding service - courses arrived promptly, dishes were cleared quickly, and drinks were meticulously crafted. And of course the Barn just speaks for itself... it is charming without feeling cramped and definitely gives off a warm and rustic vibe. We cannot thank the Barns staff and team enough for making our wedding truly seamless and the best day of our lives! With thanks, The Naples

2016-06-16T15:18:08 Response from the vendor

Carly & Taylor - Thank you so much for your kind words! It was my absolute pleasure to help you plan and celebrate such an incredibly beautiful wedding. I wish you both the best in the future together! - Mary-Beth

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Krista G

Outstanding, beautiful and professional are just some of the words my husband and I would use to describe our wedding day experience with the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. We said our I Do’s on April 30, 2016 and it was truly the best day of our lives. Not only because it was our... Read More wedding day, but because the staff pleasure to work with and the venue is absolutely stunning. From informative follow-up emails, to delicious tastings and being able to work with a day-of coordinator, our wedding planning with the CT Wedding Group was a delight. We were able to discuss all our wedding details with our day-of coordinator before the big day and ask as many questions (big or small) as we could! And trust me, there were lots of questions, all of which were quickly and helpfully answered. When the big day came, it truly went off without a hitch and was absolute perfection. The decorations we provided/selected were beautifully displayed and seeing how wonderful it all came together was very exciting and emotional. Our guests also could not stop raving about the delicious food and helpful staff. All in all, there are not enough words to describe how grateful we are to the CT Wedding Group for hosting our wedding and doing an incredible job! Everyone was so kind and helpful throughout the entire process. And after working with them for over two years (we booked very early), it felt like we were sharing our special day with all our friends. If you’re looking for a unique, gorgeous wedding venue that will have your guests talking for years (no seriously, you’ll be setting the bar high) then look no further than the CT Wedding Group and the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. It will be the best wedding decision you make!

2016-07-07T10:05:16 Response from the vendor

Krista, thank you so much for your feedback!! Your wedding was absolutely magical, we're all so so happy we were able to bring your vision to life for you! Congratulations again, to you and Matthew! Sincerely, Allie Feitelson

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Lindsay J

What a venue! Throughout the entire process of checking out the venue for the first time to leaving the night of the wedding I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The level of service of the staff throughout the whole process was impeccable! They were always there to... Read More answer my crazy bride question with true patience and a smile. Our wedding coordinator, Jack who I meet on the day before our wedding, was absolutely amazing. I am a control freak and he just made me feel so comfortable that everything was covered. I actually got to relax on my wedding day and truly enjoy the once and lifetime experience. The ONE thing that I was not a huge fan of was the bridal suite. There was no place to properly hang my gown so it was off the floor with out moving furniture. Other than that though, it was great. Comfy couches, 2 bathrooms, a fridge (fully stocked), hors d'oeuvres brought in before the ceremony, and full communication between Jack and my girls. He had everything covered and did it calmly with professionalism. To top it off, at the end of the night my mother realized that she left her purse inside the venue. Jack went back to the venue, found the purse, and personally drove it to us at the hotel! You can't ask for better service. Best venue ever and worth EVERY SINGLE penny I paid!!!! Love the whole team there. <3

2016-05-20T09:31:37 Response from the vendor

Lindsay & John - Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was our pleasure to help you plan and celebrate your wedding. And thank your for your feedback on the bridal suite at The Barns. We've already gone ahead and made sure that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Marilu

CT Wedding Group and The Barns at Wesleyan Hills gave me the wedding I had envisioned. From the details, the food, to the service, everything was absolutely perfect. There is not one thing I would of changed, I couldn't be happier. Our wedding coordinator, Allie Feitelson was... Read More amazing. Allie answered all my questions (very quickly if I may add), if I needed advice, help, anything, she was there for us. Allie has that personal touch that made the look of our wedding exactly what we wanted, warm, rustic, romantic and classic. The Barns is perfect and I can't say enough about the service. The food was delicious, even days after the wedding when we would see family, they would mention how good the food was and how smooth the day went. I always felt comfortable and never worried, at all. Allie was always on top of everything and everyone at The Barns were always helpful. At our rehearsal we met with Allie and Jack, and Jack as well was quick to answer our questions. It was nice knowing they were there for me. I keep reliving our wedding because it was exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend the Barns, the venue is beautiful, and the staff especially were great. It felt nice seeing what we wanted come to life but also seeing our guest complementing us on our day, the place, food.. it was a good feeling. Especially all the work that goes into planning a wedding, it felt good hearing compliments! This place is classic, so happy I had my wedding here.

2016-05-09T08:25:25 Response from the vendor

Marilu, We are SO thrilled we were able to bring your wedding day dreams to life! You and Randy are such a wonderful couple, and the entire wedding was such a pleasure for us to help you plan and celebrate. Thank you for sharing this;... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Danielle B

My wedding went better than I could have ever imagined. The wedding planning team was fantastic, and wonderful to work with. They made our day so much easier by managing all of the details on the day of the wedding. You can trust them to handle everything, and make your day... Read More truly beautiful. I would recommend working with this group, and getting married at the barns to any bride looking for a fun, and fabulous wedding!

2016-04-25T09:05:57 Response from the vendor

Hi Danielle & Alex! Thank you so much for your kind words about your planning process and wedding at The Barns! It was our absolute pleasure to help you plan and celebrate such an amazing wedding. We're still raving about your mom's white chocolate cookies!... Read Less Read More

Perfect wedding day, amazing venue & staff.

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Lizzie S

Having our wedding at The Barns was perfect. The whole team was really great to work with, and then for the big weekend we were assigned a dedicated person to help the day go perfectly smooth, and we lucked out with Jack. He was easy-going yet completely detail oriented. He... Read More listened carefully to all of our wishes, and oversaw the whole staff to implement our vision perfectly. The outdoor ceremony venue and the reception hall are beautiful. Although it has rustic charm as an old refurbished barn, it is climate controlled for a hot summer day. They also have a great tented patio which gives yet another space for guests to mingle. The food was amazing. Our guests loved the venue, food, and drink options. They were able to accommodate our outside vendors for a live band and photobooth, even though we didn't use their preferred vendors for these services. I highly recommend the Barns for your wedding. The day of will be so memorable, and the venue provides an incredible back drop for incredible photos with a barn, Victorian house, pond, amazing trees, and much more. These people are true professionals and are great to work with. Very responsive for all requests!

Our dream wedding

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Melinda G

The Barns gave Matt and I our most perfect wedding. What we liked most about the barn was the fact that everyone that worked there was on top of everything, they have it planned before you even think of it, so for someone like me who get anxiety planning big events, they really... Read More helped to ease that and make it fun. I can not thank the barn enough for such a wonderful, flawless wedding.

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Sarah Q

I cannot say enough about the facility and the staff at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. I live in Colorado and was planning a fall wedding in Connecticut. I had spent a lot of time online researching venues but kept coming back to The Barns. The staff there was so accommodating.... Read More They set up a Facetime appointment and walked me around and showed me the entire venue and I fell in love instantly. Throughout the whole planning process they would send friendly reminder emails and suggestions that were so helpful. They understood my vision and when it came to the big day it far exceeded my expectations. The food was amazing and everyone is still talking about it weeks later! Thank you for making what could have been a very stressful process so easy!

perfection!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Erica R

I cannot say enough about CT wedding group and their staff. Our wedding at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills was absolutely perfect. Every single person we interacted with was professional and friendly, and our guests could not stop raving about the food, the music, the... Read More decor...everything. I would not change a single thing about this event. Our day of wedding coordinator Jessica was phenomenal. When my guest transportation was late, she kept me calm and helped formulate a plan. She was amazing!!

Our DREAM Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kelly S

I had my eye on The Barns at Wesleyan Hills several years before I actually got married so when I finally got engaged, I set up a visit right away. It was even MORE beautiful in person than in pictures, and thankfully my (now) husband fell in love with the venue too. We booked... Read More it right away! Our experience with CT Wedding Group was fantastic from the initial site visit through the actual wedding day. The staff is absolutely amazing and everyone is incredibly kind and helpful. In addition, they are all super organized and they make sure you stay on top of your planning. I received several reminder emails throughout the process to help keep me on track and although I am very organized myself, this was a phenomenal added service! In addition, I would often send late night emails to the team asking various questions, and they would respond at all hours of the night! Truly awesome service! My husband and I primarily worked with Michelle, Mary-Beth, and Melinda, and we cannot say enough about them...they were all AMAZING. Thanks to The Barns at Wesleyan Hills for providing our DREAM wedding venue and for making sure every detail was just perfect.

The Barns is the absolute best

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Mia D

I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day, and I owe so much of that to the fact that I chose the Barns as my venue. The staff at the Barns is top notch. From day 1 they were professional, welcoming, SO nice, and SO helpful; always answering all of my and my... Read More parents questions, being willing to work with us on whatever we wanted, coming up with solutions and ideas for me when I wasn't sure what I wanted or how to execute something properly. Everything they did, from the tables and décor - all set up flawlessly, better than I could have dreamed up, to the service - my husband and I never having to get ourselves a drink, we were asked at least 15 times if we needed anything, to having staff bringing us appetizers and cocktails to the bridal party and family while we were taking pictures, to helping us coordinate a sparkler sendoff that was EPIC, the Barns made the wedding of my dreams come true. Melinda, Traci, Mary-Beth, everyone there is so helpful, and even though you don't necessarily work with 1 person from start to finish, they are seamless and the most amazing people. The venue itself is such a unique space that can be turned into such the most elegant, romantic setting, and the grounds on top of that are perfect for pictures. I would 100% recommend the Barns for anyone that wants to have a unique and absolutely perfect wedding. I wish I could relive my wedding day over and over, it was perfection.

Beyond Amazing

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Anthony L

From beginning to end this venue was great. All of the staff and wedding coordinators were all attentive to detail and there service was beyond excellent. The food was great and as specified. If your looking for a rustic wedding look no further this is definitely the place to... Read More be. All of the vendors they recommended were top notch and right on the money with everything. The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and The CT Wedding Group come highly recommended in our book, if your looking for a picture perfect wedding than you have come to the right place. Thanks again for making our special day SPECIAL. Thanks, you guys ROCK.

A spectacular event

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

We could not have been happier with the how well (perfectly, actually) Melinda and her team executed their roles at our daughter's wedding reception this past Saturday. For starters, the Barns and the grounds there were set up and decorated beautifully. The food was "to die... Read More for." The circulating hot hors d'ouevres were delicious, and plentiful. The Harvest Table received rave reviews as well. First course was the cavatelli pasta with Bolognese sauce, and that set the tone and expectations for the rest of the meal. 90% of the time that I've attended weddings where pasta was on the menu, it has been overcooked, cold, and generally the sauce is not very good either. That was not the case on Saturday. The pasta was served hot, cooked al dente, and the sauce was great (and that's coming from an Italian). Entrees were served hot, everyone at a given table was served their dinner at the same time, and we received unsolicited and rave reviews on how good the food was. The filet mignon was cooked to order, and delicious. While I did not sample the chicken or salmon, our guests who did were quick to mention how much they enjoyed their meals. The servers were outstanding, and "on the ball" the entire night -- as were the bartenders who were friendly, accommodating, and quick. From start to finish, it was a spectacular event, executed flawlessly by Melinda and her team. I am not exactly the easiest person in the world to please, but I can honestly (and gladly) say that Melinda and her staff at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills exceeded my expectations, and delivered a top-notch event. We would wholeheartedly and highly recommend them for anyone who is planning a wedding. Sincerely, Joe & Mari DeLucco.

Beyond Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Alissa G

I cannot say enough praise for The Barns, and the people we worked with from start to finish. I describe this place as the most friendly, well-oiled machine. They know their stuff and have the entire wedding process down to a T, while still being extremely warm and friendly.... Read More This alone was enough to solidify our decision to have our wedding there, and as an added bonus the venue is gorgeous. I was worried it was too dark inside, but it ended up being a non-issue. They walked us through the entire planning process and sent reminders and recommendations along the way. Any questions I had, big and small, were answered, quickly and accurately. Now most importantly: The big day. It was seamless. Jack, our day of coordinator, was cool, calm, and collected, and so on top of everything from timing to people dynamics. There were a lot of variables that could have made the day stressful, but thanks to the staff I really just enjoyed myself. People raved about the venue, the food, and the staff. (BTW the Best of Both Worlds Dessert instead of having a wedding cake was one of the best choices we made; think room full of amazing desserts). I seriously could not imagine a more perfect wedding day, and so much of that was thanks to The Barns and CT Wedding group. I can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Lauren M

Our wedding day was an absolute dream at The Barns from start to finish..my only complaint is how quickly it went by! Other than the fact this place looks like the pictures from a Pinterest board, the staff at CT Wedding Group were/are amazing. They are the friendliest, most... Read More organized and efficient team. Our coordinator of the day was Melinda who went above and beyond our expectations. She was so thoughtful about our needs and made special touches displaying our decorations and making them even more beautiful than we envisioned. Our guests raved about the venue, food and how nice and professional the waiters and bartenders were. I've always wanted to get married outside and couldn't have imagined a more special place to do it beneath the willow trees. It's easy to get lost in all the details trying to find a venue, but you must at least visit this place if it is on your list and you will know.

Amazing Rustic Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Michelle S

I was looking for a non-traditional wedding venue, and The Barns was the perfect fit. The grounds, barn, and tented patio are gorgeous and well-maintained, giving a cozy, rustic, and intimate feel. We LOVE food so it was important to us to have good food at our wedding,... Read More and again, we wanted non-traditional wedding fare. The CT Wedding Group does an absolutely amazing job with the menu...everything is farm to table, fresh, and delicious. Our guests raved about the food, and there was a LOT of it. I am so glad we picked this venue, since everything (food, tables, table settings, chairs, etc, etc) was included. It made planning a breeze. The wedding planners I worked with were very helpful, and did an amazing job coordinating the day of. I didn't stress at all. A bit on the pricey side, but it was worth it.

My daughters wedding on July 3rd, 2015

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Dee H

The bride and I (her mom) are your typical Type A personalities. We had a very clear vision of what her wedding day would look like. Her style fit the Barns to a tee - warm and rustic yet elegant and classy. From the moment we visited the Barns on a cold January Sunday we... Read More knew it was the place. Everyone from Mary-Beth to Michelle to Melinda to Laura made her dream become a reality. I wanted to say something different in this review than all the other ones. To all you future brides out there - whatever your vision is and no matter how many boxes and spreadsheets you drag in there these folks will make sure your decor and day is EXACTLY what you want. It was hard for us to "let go". It was hard to believe that everything we brought would be set up exactly like we wanted (see type A personality comment again!). But I am here to assure you it was. The end result was even better than we planned. And we brought in a TON of stuff! Melinda - our deepest thank you's and gratitude go out to you. Whether it was making sure you knew exactly where the 100 candles were to go - to keeping my daughter calm and on schedule to allowing my son time to loop back up the aisle.....you were the consummate professional (with an awesome sense of humor!) You were behind the scenes but totally in charge. Cannot thank you enough - and how we got that place emptied out in 30 minutes took some REAL magic. So to all you brides and grooms out there - JUST DO IT. The food was phenomenal (both cocktail hour and dinner), the service was impeccable and all of our needs were taken care of. These people are in the Wedding business for a reason. Let them make your day something you will never forget.

Awesome from start to finish!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Alexandra B

The Connecticut Wedding Group was phenomenal from the first tour we got of the venue to the hour and even days after the wedding was over. They are incredibly organized, efficient, and helpful in every single way. My day-of planner (Laura Shipman) was so calm and easy-going that... Read More it brought every one of us to a more relaxed level, and that's saying something for our family! Even though I am naturally a complete control freak, I was entirely comfortable leaving my wedding day in their highly capable hands, and I am so glad that I did. They made sure that not only the two of us had an incredible time, but also all of our guests. The food here is phenomenal and they put in a solid effort to make the ingredients as much farm-to-table or at least local as possible. I am a vegetarian and they were completely willing to change around hors d'oeuvres and other elements of the menu to make sure that I was happy and able to enjoy as much of the food as possible. Our guests raved about every course of the meal, and those raves were well-deserved. I was sorry not to personally have had time to enjoy more of it! Also, how could I not point out the spectacular beauty of the Barns themselves! The historical barn is gorgeous and has that perfect rustic charm that I always wanted for my wedding. There decor packages, while a bit pricey, enhance the beauty even more. We went with a single, very simple but well worth it decoration of the Garden Lights and were very happy with that choice. We also had our ceremony outside under the willow tree and could not have asked for a more picturesque cite. Everyone was talking about how beautiful it was long after the wedding was over; in fact, they still are talking about it now. We are so thankful and honored to have been fortunate enough to have our wedding at this gorgeous venue. Thank you all for the support and warm welcome that you have given us! Connecticut Wedding Group is well worth the investment, and I would strongly recommend any of their sites -- of course, particularly the Barns -- to any bride.

Reviewed on 6/29/2015

We recently got married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and wanted to take a moment to send a big thank you to Melinda and everyone at CT Wedding Group. From the moment we said “I do” to The Barns, their team was so helpful and readily available every step of the way. A major... Read More reason we chose The Barns was not only because of the amazing space but what they do with the space to make it so amazing – it’s all the details! Melinda listened to our vision/ideas and displayed all our DIY wedding crafts, favors and accessories perfectly. She used their own inventory of gorgeous antique pieces and rustic embellishments to decorate every food station to beautifully complement our theme. It didn’t stop there, the food was also amazing and there was plenty of it. From the array of apps at cocktail hour to the delicious entrées and our over the top dessert station (best of both worlds dessert station – get this!!) - Guests did not stop raving! And we can’t forget the Watermelon Sangria, YUM! Throughout the night the staff paid attention to everything, especially us - did we need another drink, more water, had we eaten etc, they made sure we had everything we needed. Everything was truly wonderful, thank you again for such an unforgettable day! Brides, if you’re considering The Barns as your wedding spot, stop thinking, book them!

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Jennifer L

I cannot even begin to explain how thankful I am that we chose The Barns for our wedding venue. The CT Wedding Group owns the barn and all they do is weddings. They have one wedding a day, so it is all about you and your husband/wife-to-be! They provide you with a day-of... Read More coordinator, which is amazing and sooooo much more helpful that you can imagine. Ours was Melinda Pratt and she was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! They have TONS of decorations that go with the rustic theme of the barn! All of these decorations are soo beautiful and unique! Melinda spent the day-of setting these decorations up for us - so we only had to concentrate on ourselves and having a blast. She did an amazing job and i cannot even explain in words how beautiful the barns looked when she was finished, and especially in pictures! The staff at the barns was so sweet and accommodating - I'm pretty sure i never had to go to the bar to get a drink. I told them what kind of wine i liked and there was always a full glass on my table. When i asked for anything during the wedding - it was provided to me immediately! This is truly a one of a kind place! My (now) husband and i were dancing the entire night that we missed the ice cream bar (that we picked specifically). I think that i or my husband had briefly mentioned this to Melinda or another staff member and they went out and bought me a pint of chocolate ice cream. That example in itself shows their devotion to make your special day - an incredibly amazing day. All of our friends and family said that they never sat down because they were dancing all night. I can literally go on and on about how much i love this place. My husband and i come from New Jersey and we found this venue online. It was the first place we visited. We saw 2 venues in total, and on the way home from the 2nd, we said "lets do the barns." It was and will always remain the best decision we ever made! They made our special day one we will never forget!