The Barns At Wesleyan Hills

Middletown, CT

Discover the Barns at Wesleyan Hills!

Enjoy panoramic views of our gorgeous willow trees, to dancing the night away in our authentic 150 year old dairy barn! You get the use of The Big Barn, the newly constructed (2016) Middle Barn, and Little Barn Wedding Suite for your cocktail hour, all equipped with heat and air conditioning! We provide a 6 hour reception with option to have your ceremony on site with us.

$$$$ – Expensive

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Loft, Park, Tented, Vineyard

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

616 Long Hill Road, Middletown, CT

Fairytale wedding!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Alix H

My husband and I got married on October 10, 2015 at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and it was truly the most magical day of our lives. From the moment I set foot on the property during my initial tour of the venue, I knew that this was where we were meant to be married. The... Read More grounds, with the weeping willow trees atop the beautiful rolling hills, are absolutely stunning, and the barn itself is perfect. It really is the ideal venue for any couple looking for a rustic yet elegant country wedding. Connecticut Wedding Group made the wedding planning process seamless. Everyone there is EXTREMELY good at what they do, and no matter who you work with at the Barns, you'll be in good hands. Throughout the year leading up to our wedding, our main point of contact was Mary-Beth and she was phenomenal. She was always available when I needed assistance, and answered every single of one of my questions literally within minutes. Jack was our day-of coordinator and I'm not sure what we would have done without him! He was so attentive to our every need, and because of him we were able to relax and enjoy every second of our wedding, knowing that he had it all under control. Our wedding was an absolute dream come true. If we were to do it all over again, there is NOTHING that we'd have done differently. I can't recommend this venue enough, it is perfect in every way possible!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katie P

BEST. WEDDING. EVER. Everyone loves their wedding (I hope!) But I must say, I don’t think I would love mine as much if it hadn’t been at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. Not only is the venue absolutely stunning (where else have you ever seen chandeliers in a barn??), but... Read More Connecticut Wedding Group was absolutely amazing to work with. From our initial tour, to the day of, all CWG wedding planners and everyone I ever spoke to was so accommodating, prompt, and kind! I must have exchanged dozens of emails with the wedding planner I worked with, Mary-Beth, leading up to the day, and she was SO helpful and sweet! After some hiccups getting ready (my hairstylist was an hour late and that pushed everything back), I was feeling pretty anxious. But those feelings quickly dissolved the moment we arrived to get dressed at The Barns—aka when Melinda took the reins! Melinda is pure magic. She was our day-of wedding planner and she was positively phenomenal! After spending countless hours crafting signs, creating fixtures, and brainstorming centerpieces, I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by how she brought my vision to life. And though she was so patient and laid back, she definitely was great with keeping everything on schedule. My husband and I still can’t get over how she read our minds—refreshing our drinks, making us plates from the buffet because we were so busy talking we forgot about eating, and generally moving things along so that we maximized the fun. In addition to the general awesomeness of the staff and venue itself, the food is delicious. Everyone I see, 6 weeks later, is still raving about how amazing everything was. The variety, the flavors—truly impeccable. We opted for pies for dessert—which is such a nice option and one that I’ve never seen at a wedding. I’ve received so many ‘best wedding ever’ comments from friends and family and that’s truly all thanks to the staff at The Barns and Connecticut Wedding Group—especially Melinda! Unbelievable from start to finish—I feel so lucky to have such happy memories from our wedding day :)

Rustic yet Elegant Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

In August, my wife and I were married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. It was an ideal venue for the sort of contemporary wedding that my wife and I envisioned for ourselves. We could not be more satisfied with this rustic yet elegant wedding space. The venue itself has many... Read More features that captured our interest. The landscape is very well maintained and offers an attractive backdrop for a ceremony. Our guests were seated on a well maintained lawn looking out at an enormous weeping willow tree adjacent to a calm pond. The Barn itself also rivaled the grounds in terms of its visual appeal. The high ceilings, wooden beams, hardwood floor and balcony added lots of visual detail. It is worth noting that The Barns is a raw space that can be transformed by adding various lighting and decor packages. We decided to accent the hardwood and rustic atmosphere with strings of garden lights and sheer tapestries. We also were very satisfied by the professionalism and attentiveness demonstrated by the entire staff over the course of the pre-wedding process. They were diligent in corresponding on a regular basis. The menu tasting was also quite remarkable in terms of the fun atmosphere the staff produced. We sampled all the artisanal meal options while also mingling with other couples and talking with knowledgable staff. The food options were eclectic and inventive. The Barns provides ten hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour and an open bar with signature craft cocktails as standard offerings. The farm-to-table dinner options were on par with the sorts of meals my wife and I find at highly renowned restaurants throughout New England. The food was fresh, innovative, rotates seasonally. The service the day of the wedding was impeccable. The event coordinator, Jack McDowell, was professional and instilled confidence in his ability to be responsive to our needs. The staff was present yet discrete throughout the day. They made the wedding a seamless affair. The Barns exceeded all expectations!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Allison C

My husband and I were planning our wedding under unusual circumstances; He was employed in Georgia, while I was finishing graduate school in New York. Although we never anticipated having a long distance engagement, or a destination wedding, once we saw The Barns, we knew it was... Read More the place for us. Mary-Beth went above and beyond for us. She was there every time we had questions (and you will have questions), great suggestions, and was always accommodating. We have been married for just over a week and our guests continue to rave about the food, the service, and the overall ambience of the night. We could not have dreamt a more beautiful day and the team at The Barns made it happen. We cannot thank them enough for making our wedding day truly magical!

2016-08-26T12:04:47 Response from the vendor

Allison & Nate - Thank you so much for your wonderful words! It was my absolute pleasure to help you plan and celebrate an amazing wedding. Despite the heat outside, everything inside The Barns was absolutely beautiful. We cannot wait to see your gorgeous pictures!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Taylor M

From the beginning my fiancé and I loved everything about the Barns. The staff there ( Mary Beth and Jenna) were so professional, sweet and helpful. The space itself is gorgeous expecially with the new coctail hour Barn which was recently renovated. The food was fantastic!... Read More Overall we had a fantastic experience!!

2016-08-23T10:33:54 Response from the vendor

Hi Katelyn and Taylor! Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so happy I was with you guys as you celebrate your special day- you guys are absolutely amazing and were such a pleasure to work with!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Caitlyn G

Absolutely beautiful venue. From our first meeting, the Barns staff helped streamline the wedding process. We were provided a list of possible vendors for any wedding needs and they all provided excellent service. It was great knowing that our vendors were familiar with the... Read More Barns and friends with the staff. Lindsey was our coordinator the day of the wedding and kept everything running smoothly (including timing our ceremony to end just as thunder began)!!!! The Barns are so beautiful that you will not need lots of other decorations. The garden lights and old wooden floors are the perfect backdrop.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Lisa m

We had our reception at the barn 8/12/16 and it was perfect. With 100+ degree weather, the staff made us so comfortable. Our guests were blown away by the middle barn. What an amazing addition! Jon and I were taken such good care of by Jenna and the whole staff. Jenna... Read More accommodated everything anyone in attendance needed. Leading up to the reception, there were late night emails, phone calls and drop ins and everyone at CWG made us feel comfortable and welcome (and sane) I can't thank Jenna enough. She is a master at her craft. Everything was perfect the day of and its all thanks to CWG!

2016-08-18T14:54:15 Response from the vendor

Lisa and John! You guys are amazing! We loved being apart of your special day. The two of you are such troopers battling the heat, and you still had the most amazing day. Thank you so much for including us, and best of luck! Jenna... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Lindsay B

The Barns team did an amazing job on our wedding day. Everything was set up perfectly to our vision. Jenna made sure all of our needs were met and most importantly made sure we ate our dinner! Our guests could not stop complimenting the venue and staff. I would not change a... Read More thing about the flow of our day. Our wedding planning experience was effortless. CT wedding group was always one step ahead of us and made sure all of our ducks were in a row. They had an answer for everything and made sure I understood all of the details. The wedding planning process was a wonderful experience for us. From start to finish we were treated with much respect and consideration of our needs. We had total and complete confidence that CT wedding group would make our journey to marriage successful.

2016-08-16T13:06:22 Response from the vendor

Hi Lindsay and Kyle! I am so happy to hear that your wedding along with the planning exceeded all your expectations! The two of you were such a pleasure to work with and so much fun! I absolutely loved your special touches, from the bridesmaid... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Vanessa M

Once we saw The Barns we knew it was the perfect choice for our wedding! Not only do you get to get married on their beautiful grounds and have an amazing farm-to-table meal, but you also get help throughout the entire planning process from their phenomenal staff!! The day of... Read More our wedding there was a possibility of rain, the staff set up for the ceremony inside and outside just incase and thanks to an amazing team getting our guests seated quickly we were able to get married outside, with thunder overhead! Lindsay was our day of coordinator and I can't say enough amazing things about her. She kept everything going smoothly the day of making the day completely flawless! I can't thank them enough for making our wedding day perfect!

2016-08-16T12:43:59 Response from the vendor

Vanessa & Adam, Thank you so much for your kind words! I had such a wonderful time working with you both, and I am thrilled that we were able to beat out the storm so you could get married outside near the willows. I absolutely... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Katelynn M

We couldn't have been MORE happy with our wedding at the Barn's - from the gorgeous grounds, to the new cocktail hour space, to the bridal suite and actual barn - Everything was STUNNING. The team set up everything perfectly as i had imagined. I walked into the reception room... Read More prior to our ceremony and just cried by myself because it was my vision executed with perfection. Our day of coordinator made our day extra special, we never had to seek out a drink or had to worry about what was coming next. She was always there for both my husband and I with a refill & kept the day running smoothly. It was magical.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Barbara W

We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding. The Barns at Wesleyan Hills was an amazing venue, and the CT Wedding Group was absolutely the best the work with. We live our of state, and booked our wedding a year and half in advance, and the wedding group was so easy to... Read More work with through emails, and we never felt forgotten even when our wedding was so far away. They also worked with us to schedule any in person meetings while we were in the area. Everyone that we dealt with was very professional, friendly, and efficient. If I emailed someone a random question and they were out of the office or couldn't get the answer right away they would send my question along to someone else so I wouldn't be waiting on an answer, it was great but really not necessary. Every aspect of wedding planning was made easier and more fun by dealing with the Wedding group from the initial meetings, emails about linens or my crazy ideas for the table layout in the barn, the delicious food tasting, and of course the amazing wedding day. Allie, our day of coordinator, was THE BEST. She worked with us on every detail of our day, we were pretty easy going and she used her experience and creativity to fill in any blanks. Starting that night and even to this day we keep getting compliments about how great the venue was. Everyone loved the food and decor/vibe of the place. A lot of people also commented on the professionalism and friendliness of the always-smiling staff at the Barns. I could go on and on....Everything was really absolutely amazing, and we wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

My daughter got married almost a year ago in August at the Barns. They did an amazing job. Jack who was our event planner was unbelievably attentive to every detail from setting up the decorations to handing out bottle water at the end of the night. Everyone was pampered from... Read More the time they arrived until departing. As the mother of the bride I was able to relax and enjoy a wonderful day due to the service they provided. I cannot say enough about the beautiful venue, quality food, how organized the staff was at the Barns at Wesleyan. They were truly amazing!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Stacy E

Can't say enough great things about the Barns at Wesleyan Hills, along with the amazing staff at CT wedding Group. They are a best in class operation and wonderful to work with. The team helps you every step of the way and for me, who is not really into wedding planning (I know... Read More crazy, right), they were extremely helpful in keeping me focused, along with keeping tabs on all planning components. The food was out of this world and our guests kept raving about the passed appetizers as well. The sliders and tacos especially. They have so many options to offer a couple to make the wedding day truly unique and special. The venue itself was decorated perfectly and our coordinator Jessica was a huge help in prepping and the day of, making sure we were taken care of. It was the only venue we looked at and fell in love with it the moment we got there. We are extremely happy with our experience at the Barns and recommend it highly to anyone looking for that rustic yet elegant wedding.

2016-07-07T08:25:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. We had such a great time planning and celebrating your wedding at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills with you and Matt. Your friends and family were so much fun, and Matt did such an awesome job making your centerpieces... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Carly M

We got married at the Barns in April 2016. From the moment we picked the date until the moment we walked down the aisle, the planning team and staff made sure that every detail and request was executed to perfection. Mary-Beth is hands down the sweetest, most professional and... Read More talented wedding coordinator. She helped us to create a magical day down to the smallest detail - there was not a single thing we asked for that was refused. The entire team is incredibly responsive to emails and phone calls, which made planning our wedding from NYC as stress-free and easy as possible. The grounds were groomed to perfection and looked lush despite the fact that it had flurried in CT just 10 days earlier. Every piece of decor was spot on with the vision we had in mind and laid out appropriately so that both barns looked decorated without being too bare or cluttered. The Chef and kitchen team also met with us personally and accommodated all of our menu requests and preferences, making for a meal that was representative of our tastes. Many guests commented that the wait staff and bartenders provided outstanding service - courses arrived promptly, dishes were cleared quickly, and drinks were meticulously crafted. And of course the Barn just speaks for itself... it is charming without feeling cramped and definitely gives off a warm and rustic vibe. We cannot thank the Barns staff and team enough for making our wedding truly seamless and the best day of our lives! With thanks, The Naples

2016-06-16T15:18:08 Response from the vendor

Carly & Taylor - Thank you so much for your kind words! It was my absolute pleasure to help you plan and celebrate such an incredibly beautiful wedding. I wish you both the best in the future together! - Mary-Beth

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Krista G

Outstanding, beautiful and professional are just some of the words my husband and I would use to describe our wedding day experience with the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. We said our I Do’s on April 30, 2016 and it was truly the best day of our lives. Not only because it was our... Read More wedding day, but because the staff pleasure to work with and the venue is absolutely stunning. From informative follow-up emails, to delicious tastings and being able to work with a day-of coordinator, our wedding planning with the CT Wedding Group was a delight. We were able to discuss all our wedding details with our day-of coordinator before the big day and ask as many questions (big or small) as we could! And trust me, there were lots of questions, all of which were quickly and helpfully answered. When the big day came, it truly went off without a hitch and was absolute perfection. The decorations we provided/selected were beautifully displayed and seeing how wonderful it all came together was very exciting and emotional. Our guests also could not stop raving about the delicious food and helpful staff. All in all, there are not enough words to describe how grateful we are to the CT Wedding Group for hosting our wedding and doing an incredible job! Everyone was so kind and helpful throughout the entire process. And after working with them for over two years (we booked very early), it felt like we were sharing our special day with all our friends. If you’re looking for a unique, gorgeous wedding venue that will have your guests talking for years (no seriously, you’ll be setting the bar high) then look no further than the CT Wedding Group and the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. It will be the best wedding decision you make!

2016-07-07T10:05:16 Response from the vendor

Krista, thank you so much for your feedback!! Your wedding was absolutely magical, we're all so so happy we were able to bring your vision to life for you! Congratulations again, to you and Matthew! Sincerely, Allie Feitelson

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Lindsay J

What a venue! Throughout the entire process of checking out the venue for the first time to leaving the night of the wedding I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The level of service of the staff throughout the whole process was impeccable! They were always there to... Read More answer my crazy bride question with true patience and a smile. Our wedding coordinator, Jack who I meet on the day before our wedding, was absolutely amazing. I am a control freak and he just made me feel so comfortable that everything was covered. I actually got to relax on my wedding day and truly enjoy the once and lifetime experience. The ONE thing that I was not a huge fan of was the bridal suite. There was no place to properly hang my gown so it was off the floor with out moving furniture. Other than that though, it was great. Comfy couches, 2 bathrooms, a fridge (fully stocked), hors d'oeuvres brought in before the ceremony, and full communication between Jack and my girls. He had everything covered and did it calmly with professionalism. To top it off, at the end of the night my mother realized that she left her purse inside the venue. Jack went back to the venue, found the purse, and personally drove it to us at the hotel! You can't ask for better service. Best venue ever and worth EVERY SINGLE penny I paid!!!! Love the whole team there. <3

2016-05-20T09:31:37 Response from the vendor

Lindsay & John - Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was our pleasure to help you plan and celebrate your wedding. And thank your for your feedback on the bridal suite at The Barns. We've already gone ahead and made sure that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Marilu

CT Wedding Group and The Barns at Wesleyan Hills gave me the wedding I had envisioned. From the details, the food, to the service, everything was absolutely perfect. There is not one thing I would of changed, I couldn't be happier. Our wedding coordinator, Allie Feitelson was... Read More amazing. Allie answered all my questions (very quickly if I may add), if I needed advice, help, anything, she was there for us. Allie has that personal touch that made the look of our wedding exactly what we wanted, warm, rustic, romantic and classic. The Barns is perfect and I can't say enough about the service. The food was delicious, even days after the wedding when we would see family, they would mention how good the food was and how smooth the day went. I always felt comfortable and never worried, at all. Allie was always on top of everything and everyone at The Barns were always helpful. At our rehearsal we met with Allie and Jack, and Jack as well was quick to answer our questions. It was nice knowing they were there for me. I keep reliving our wedding because it was exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend the Barns, the venue is beautiful, and the staff especially were great. It felt nice seeing what we wanted come to life but also seeing our guest complementing us on our day, the place, food.. it was a good feeling. Especially all the work that goes into planning a wedding, it felt good hearing compliments! This place is classic, so happy I had my wedding here.

2016-05-09T08:25:25 Response from the vendor

Marilu, We are SO thrilled we were able to bring your wedding day dreams to life! You and Randy are such a wonderful couple, and the entire wedding was such a pleasure for us to help you plan and celebrate. Thank you for sharing this;... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Danielle B

My wedding went better than I could have ever imagined. The wedding planning team was fantastic, and wonderful to work with. They made our day so much easier by managing all of the details on the day of the wedding. You can trust them to handle everything, and make your day... Read More truly beautiful. I would recommend working with this group, and getting married at the barns to any bride looking for a fun, and fabulous wedding!

2016-04-25T09:05:57 Response from the vendor

Hi Danielle & Alex! Thank you so much for your kind words about your planning process and wedding at The Barns! It was our absolute pleasure to help you plan and celebrate such an amazing wedding. We're still raving about your mom's white chocolate cookies!... Read Less Read More

Perfect wedding day, amazing venue & staff.

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Lizzie S

Having our wedding at The Barns was perfect. The whole team was really great to work with, and then for the big weekend we were assigned a dedicated person to help the day go perfectly smooth, and we lucked out with Jack. He was easy-going yet completely detail oriented. He... Read More listened carefully to all of our wishes, and oversaw the whole staff to implement our vision perfectly. The outdoor ceremony venue and the reception hall are beautiful. Although it has rustic charm as an old refurbished barn, it is climate controlled for a hot summer day. They also have a great tented patio which gives yet another space for guests to mingle. The food was amazing. Our guests loved the venue, food, and drink options. They were able to accommodate our outside vendors for a live band and photobooth, even though we didn't use their preferred vendors for these services. I highly recommend the Barns for your wedding. The day of will be so memorable, and the venue provides an incredible back drop for incredible photos with a barn, Victorian house, pond, amazing trees, and much more. These people are true professionals and are great to work with. Very responsive for all requests!

Our dream wedding

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Melinda G

The Barns gave Matt and I our most perfect wedding. What we liked most about the barn was the fact that everyone that worked there was on top of everything, they have it planned before you even think of it, so for someone like me who get anxiety planning big events, they really... Read More helped to ease that and make it fun. I can not thank the barn enough for such a wonderful, flawless wedding.

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Sarah Q

I cannot say enough about the facility and the staff at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. I live in Colorado and was planning a fall wedding in Connecticut. I had spent a lot of time online researching venues but kept coming back to The Barns. The staff there was so accommodating.... Read More They set up a Facetime appointment and walked me around and showed me the entire venue and I fell in love instantly. Throughout the whole planning process they would send friendly reminder emails and suggestions that were so helpful. They understood my vision and when it came to the big day it far exceeded my expectations. The food was amazing and everyone is still talking about it weeks later! Thank you for making what could have been a very stressful process so easy!

perfection!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Erica R

I cannot say enough about CT wedding group and their staff. Our wedding at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills was absolutely perfect. Every single person we interacted with was professional and friendly, and our guests could not stop raving about the food, the music, the... Read More decor...everything. I would not change a single thing about this event. Our day of wedding coordinator Jessica was phenomenal. When my guest transportation was late, she kept me calm and helped formulate a plan. She was amazing!!

Our DREAM Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kelly S

I had my eye on The Barns at Wesleyan Hills several years before I actually got married so when I finally got engaged, I set up a visit right away. It was even MORE beautiful in person than in pictures, and thankfully my (now) husband fell in love with the venue too. We booked... Read More it right away! Our experience with CT Wedding Group was fantastic from the initial site visit through the actual wedding day. The staff is absolutely amazing and everyone is incredibly kind and helpful. In addition, they are all super organized and they make sure you stay on top of your planning. I received several reminder emails throughout the process to help keep me on track and although I am very organized myself, this was a phenomenal added service! In addition, I would often send late night emails to the team asking various questions, and they would respond at all hours of the night! Truly awesome service! My husband and I primarily worked with Michelle, Mary-Beth, and Melinda, and we cannot say enough about them...they were all AMAZING. Thanks to The Barns at Wesleyan Hills for providing our DREAM wedding venue and for making sure every detail was just perfect.

The Barns is the absolute best

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Mia D

I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day, and I owe so much of that to the fact that I chose the Barns as my venue. The staff at the Barns is top notch. From day 1 they were professional, welcoming, SO nice, and SO helpful; always answering all of my and my... Read More parents questions, being willing to work with us on whatever we wanted, coming up with solutions and ideas for me when I wasn't sure what I wanted or how to execute something properly. Everything they did, from the tables and décor - all set up flawlessly, better than I could have dreamed up, to the service - my husband and I never having to get ourselves a drink, we were asked at least 15 times if we needed anything, to having staff bringing us appetizers and cocktails to the bridal party and family while we were taking pictures, to helping us coordinate a sparkler sendoff that was EPIC, the Barns made the wedding of my dreams come true. Melinda, Traci, Mary-Beth, everyone there is so helpful, and even though you don't necessarily work with 1 person from start to finish, they are seamless and the most amazing people. The venue itself is such a unique space that can be turned into such the most elegant, romantic setting, and the grounds on top of that are perfect for pictures. I would 100% recommend the Barns for anyone that wants to have a unique and absolutely perfect wedding. I wish I could relive my wedding day over and over, it was perfection.

Beyond Amazing

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Anthony L

From beginning to end this venue was great. All of the staff and wedding coordinators were all attentive to detail and there service was beyond excellent. The food was great and as specified. If your looking for a rustic wedding look no further this is definitely the place to... Read More be. All of the vendors they recommended were top notch and right on the money with everything. The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and The CT Wedding Group come highly recommended in our book, if your looking for a picture perfect wedding than you have come to the right place. Thanks again for making our special day SPECIAL. Thanks, you guys ROCK.