The Barristers Club

Allentown, PA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Barristers Club in Allentown, Pennsylvania, sets itself apart with unparalleled elegance. With a rich heritage in the Allentown community, The Barristers Club was renovated in 2008 to restore some of the original architecture and provide state-of-the-art technical upgrades. A grand ballroom serves as the indoor event space for wedding ceremonies and receptions, while an outdoor garden is ideal for small ceremonies and cocktail receptions.

The grand ballroom. Soaring ceilings, polished hardwoods, exposed brickwork, a full stage and a balcony combine to create a stunning event space. The dance floor can be installed exactly where you want it, while a full-service bar and grand piano are added amenities. The capacity of this space depends on how you use it and event coordinators help you configure your layout.

Outdoor garden. The charming garden outside The Barristers Club is ideal for an intimate ceremony or reception. This flexible outdoor space conforms to your event.

The event coordinators at The Barristers Club are detail-minded and courteous as they assist you with all of your wedding details. The staff understands that your wedding is one of the most momentous occasions in your life and it wants to make sure that it is an unforgettable experience.

The Barristers Club does not provide catering services. The venue provides you with a list of preferred vendors to help you find a caterer that fits your style and budget. Once you find your caterer, the club welcomes this insured vendor into the venue. A caterer's kitchen has been renovated to make it a caterer's dream. The kitchen is fully appointed with every commercial appliance a caterer could need or want. Contact information of additional preferred vendors is also shared with you to help you choose wedding services, such as entertainment and photography.

The Barristers Club provides all bar service for your event through its remodeled bar. You can choose from several different packages, including a cash bar with house or premium brands or a beer, wine and soda bar.

The venue's recent renovations have also resulted in a variety of audiovisual capabilities and equipment available for your use. A projection screen is installed in the ballroom.

On-site parking for up to 100 vehicles is available. Additional parking lots are also located nearby.

No detail is too small to be overlooked by the event coordinators at The Barristers Club. The friendly staff welcomes your special requests as it strives to make your wedding flawless. You can also hold your rehearsal dinner in one of the smaller event spaces.

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Planning

1114 West Walnut St, Allentown, PA (610) 433-6204

Wedding Reception Venue Review

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Pamela F

The Barrister's Club was an excellent venue for our wedding reception. We had about 160 guests and the space was perfect for our afternoon luncheon. The atmosphere required limited decorations on our part. Our photographer was able to capture the event and location beautifully... Read More inside and outside of the building. The staff were wonderful and accommodating during set up. They were also willing to meet with us and our caterer to discuss details before the final week of preparations. One thing to consider is that there is only one ADA accessible restroom on the main floor of the venue. The other restrooms are in the basement. Overall, a wonderful atmosphere with accommodating personnel.

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 5/10/2012 Tricia M

Every part of our experience with The Barristers Club was perfect! The staff was flawless and Karen, the events director, was knowledgeable, flexible, creative and beyond helpful with every detail.

Reception site, liquor services

Reviewed on 3/11/2012 MaryJo W

I toured a few different reception halls and was by far most impressed with the Barrister's Club. The actual cost to rent the facility is very cheap for how nicely maintained the facility is. After I decided to book the Barrister’s Club, I was telling my parents about the place.... Read More Turns out, it used to be the Women’s Club of Allentown, which is where my parents had their reception. At the wedding, my parents remarked about how different it was, and how much nicer it is!! Christine, the manager at the Barrister’s Club met with me a few times, and she always had so many good ideas, and did a little decorating of her own (with my approval) which was really awesome. We got married around Christmas time and Christine had set up two Christmas trees, and below that is where the guests put their presents for us (Christine’s idea). I thought that was really adorable!! Christine brought up little details with me that I hadn’t even thought of, so it was really helpful to have her expertise with planning the wedding. With a facility like the Barrister’s Club, you don’t have to do much to make it look fantastic. It kind of does that by itself. We also used the Barrister’s Club’s liquor services. They have many different packages, so you are likely to find something in your price range. I got 5 hours of open bar with beer, wine and mixed drinks and found it to be pretty reasonable. It was definitely more affordable than other open bar packages I had looked at. During the wedding, Christine checked on us, made sure we were doing ok, but wasn’t overbearing. One of the best parts of the Barrister’s Club is the big elegant staircase, which is how we made our grand entrance during the reception. I appreciated a lot of the behind the scenes work Christine did. She was there from beginning to end and she was a fabulous resource. I would recommend the Barrister’s Club to anyone looking to host a memorable event.

What a dream come true!

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Alexsandra P

The first time I stepped into the Barristers Club (7 years before my wedding) I knew that one day I would have my wedding there. When you walk in you are just in awe of its character and beauty. The balcony was great for pictures and the brick exterior really popped in the... Read More pictures and added so much uniqueness to the wedding. If you are planning a wedding or function at the Barristers club prepare to be blown away!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 5/17/2011 Bethany B

The Barrister's Club was completely amazing. They helped us plan everything down to the very last detail and Christine made the entire process very smooth. The facility is stunning, the people are friendly and the service is fantastic! All of the this for $750!!!!!!!