The Bohlin at The Newport Yachting Center

Newport, RI

Book Your Wedding with The Bohlin at The Newport Yachting Center

Newport Yachting Center now offers a waterside wedding venue located in the heart of the bustling seaside town of Newport, Rhode Island. The marina offers couples who want a Narragansett Bay or nautical-themed wedding, a unique event venue right on the water. Called the Bohlin, the space consists of two areas for your ceremony or reception that can accommodate up to 500 guests total.

When you reserve your space at Newport Yachting Center, you're close to all of the cultural attractions and bustling energy of this historic port town, yet the mild Atlantic breezes and passing vessels make it seem as if you are worlds away. The two main event spaces are designed for socializing and enjoying the views of the harbor:

Dockside Terrace. This open-air patio has 2,500 square feet of space nestled among the luxury yachts and classic sailboats docked in this world-class marina. The teak furniture has coastal flair and chic appeal and the sunset views over the Newport Bridge are simply stunning when viewed from this vantage point. Say your vows here or have your cocktail hour for up to 500 before your reception begins.

Tented reception area. A 5,000-square-foot signature Sperry tent is situated along the bleached plank docks to provide just the right mix of sailcloth and rustic ambience, so couples and their guests feel both pampered and cozy in the setting. Chiavari chairs and amply decorated tables turn the high-ceiling tent into a fairy-tale banquet hall. Uplighting adds color and a festive ambience or you can host a truly nautical reception with hurricane LED votives and ship pennants for decor. A maximum of 300 people may be seated under the big canopy.

Newport Yachting Center offers all-inclusive packages and the chef and wedding coordinator work with you to customize the food, beverage and decor to suit your vision for your wedding celebration.

Newport Yachting Center packages include setup and breakdown of tables and chairs in your chosen floor plan arrangements. All china, flatware and glassware is included as are cake cutting and cake service to your guests. Your bar and beverage needs can be tailored to your group's tastes and you can have open bar, cash bar or specialty bar setups. No outside alcohol is permitted.

The Newport Yachting Club arranges for your wedding cake to be made for you or you may choose a cake from an outside bakery. Menu items are available for guests with dietary limitations or food allergies. There is a 50-person minimum and a 500-person maximum number of guests who may be served at this wedding venue site.

One nice touch when hosting your wedding at Newport Yachting Center is the wide selection of event items it has available from which couples may choose. Aisle markers, arches, arbors, accent lighting, centerpieces, fabric for draping and tent accessories are all available. Other perks are available with special arrangement or as part of your package, including:

• Book bridal arrival or newlyweds' getaway by boat
  • Private excursions and sunset cruises possible
  • Private bridal suite is complimentary
  • Dance floor and sound system offered
  • Photo booth and chair covers available

The Bohlin at The Newport Yachting Center

Say “I do” in the heart of Newport Harbor. Our waterfront setting offers soft Atlantic breezes, unsurpassed harbor views, and comfortable, casual elegance. Enjoy the intimacy of our private seaside retreat just steps from all that downtown Newport has to offer. Create your dream wedding with us.

Waterfront, Cruise, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

4 Commercial Wharf, Newport, RI (401) 846-2610

Hidden Gem, Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 11/16/2011 Michelle S

I'm so happy that I found this venue. The people there are amazing to work with - very professional, responsive, and helpful. They basically act as a wedding planner for you the day of the wedding to coordinate with all the vendors! The food is amazing - all my guests said it... Read More was some of the best wedding food they've had. The venue itself is beautiful - in the heart of Newport, right on the water. Absolutely gorgeous place to have your wedding ceremony as well. Prices are very reasonable...especially for Newport! The service and staff were wonderful - all throughout the planning and on the day-off. This place was one of the reasons that so many of my guests said it was the best wedding they've ever been too. Very highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Jenna F

Everything was exceptional. Amanda Barker was great. The food was amazing. I thought that they did an amazing job setting everything up. I was pleased!

Reviewed on 8/19/2012 Michelle L

I had my ceremony and reception at the Newport Yachting Center and I could not have asked for anything better. The location is great, it seems like it is in a busy part of Newport, but the tent is tucked away that no one really knows that it is there. The scenery is beautiful,... Read More even prettier at night. The food was great, was told that my many of my guests as well and the staff was amazing. Amanda helped me plan my entire wedding and she was amazing! She answered all my questions and helped me every step of the way. I couldn't have asked for a better coordinator. One thing I did like was that your cake is included in your package, and it comes from a local bakery in Newport...can't remeber their name but they were at the bridal shows. The cake was amazing and was told by many of my guests how good the cake was. I looked into other venues in Newport and they were just so expensive for a Saturday night wedding, which is what we wanted. The Yachting Center is definetely reasonable for a venue in Newport. I didn't doubt the wedding wouldn't be beautiful, but it turned out better than I ever expected and the staff at the Newport Yachting Center went above and beyond my expectations.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Danielle A

The Bohlin was the perfect venue, my husband and I walked in and fell in love right away. The views were breath taking and our guests are still talking about how awesome our wedding was, almost 3 months later. The food was amazing, the staff went above and beyond to make sure we... Read More had the perfect day. The event planning staff were very accommodating and made my dream wedding a reality.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Amanda K

Hands down one of the best decisions my husband and I have made as a couple was deciding to have our wedding at the Bohlin. From the start, the sales manager and our event manager, Sarah were friendly, engaged, responsive and overall fantastic. They made the wedding planning and... Read More coordination process a breeze, especially with our crazy schedules. The venue itself is beautiful. The food is AMAZING. We received so many compliments from our guests that the venue was the most beautiful location they had ever attended a wedding. Additionally, the food is out of this world - from steak, to chicken and appetizers everything is fantastic and our guests are still raving about the food. The service was impeccable, not just to us or during dinner, but all Bohlin staff throughout the evening. Overall, this location, its team, food and drinks are the best of the best. Book this venue if you are looking for an amazing Newport wedding!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Katie B

The Bohlin at the Newport Yachting Center was the most MAGICAL place to have a wedding. We could not have asked for a more gorgeous venue or ambiance to celebrate with friends and family. Sara, our wedding coordinator, was perfection and helped us with every step along the... Read More way. She was flexible, knowledgable and energetic. The tent was perfect, and having boat horns honk as we kissed was so memorable! All food, drink and service was impeccable and it is a beautiful venue for pictures. So many components were included, which helped to make planning much easier. Thank you to the Bohlin for making our big day so special!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Jessica O

We chose Newport Yachting Center last August! We were so excited to get married here, but even more excited to hear that they were undergoing renovations! The new tent was absolutely stunning. Sarah was really amazing to work with and made everything really easy for us. The... Read More food was amazing and everyone raved about it. The one downside which is why I only gave four stars was because I thought they over charge a lot. The parking situation for wedding guests is not great at all. They give you 5 complimentary spaces which is basically for your vendors. Since they don't own the lot you have to pay for it, and it's expensive. They could be one of the only venues in Newport without great parking. Our wedding was 250 people. When we booked we were told that the tent could fit up to 300, so we invited 270. To our surprise, we were told it would actually be pretty tight with 250 and the new tent. Sarah was very nice and did give us some bigger tables and reassured us that it would work and we would be fine. We did end up paying ($500) for another bar to alleviate some traffic inside the tent. Since there were a lot of add ons we were unable to do some other things we wanted to do with our reception. Over all the reception was great and the spot was amazing. We even took some pictures on a yacht! Everyone really enjoyed The Bohlin at Newport Yachting Center.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Nicole C

My husband and I couldn't be more happy that we chose to have our wedding at the Bohlin! The venue was absolute perfection and Sara Leonard was so incredibly great to work with. If you want to have an unforgettable wedding that's catered to your specific tastes, budget, and... Read More style, then the Bohlin is the place for you too. Our wedding was at the end of August on a beautiful, sunny day, which made the outdoor feel and amazing views at the Bohlin even better than we could have imagined. Everything from the service to the decor to the food was absolutely wonderful and we wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Caitlin O

I cannot give enough praises. Everything was perfect. The food was amazing. The service was amazing. The response time was amazing. They did everything they could to ensure my groom and I had a great day. Sara Leonard was my event coordinator and she did such an amazing job.... Read More There are no negatives for this venue. None. It was great!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Jessica D

We knew this venue was for us the moment we saw it. The tent was even half taken down and it was pouring. Sara our event manager was the absolute best! From the details meeting to dealing with my daily emails asking questions she was so professional and helpful. She really made... Read More our dreams come true on the wedding day. We could not believe the transformation of the venue with the new ceremony site, pavers, tent, bathrooms, and amenities it had to offer. We were so beyond pleased with every single thing. We had so many detail items to be set-up and Sara set everything up more beautifully than we could have imagined. We do not have a single complaint about the process or wedding day, I wish we could enjoy that day again and again it was so perfect. We came in to the ceremony by boat and Sara was able to coordinate and change up our ceremony to accommodate all of our crazy ideas. Special thanks to the bar staff, marina staff, and set-up staff as well! Guests are still talking about how amazing and beautiful the wedding was. You're doing something wrong if you don't have your wedding here :)

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Lauren P

stunning. beautiful. amazing. breath-taking. unique. fabulous. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Newport Yachting Center. Ashlee and Amanda were a pleasure to work with! So nice, knowledgable and helpful! The venue itself is spectacular- it's so beautiful and... Read More unique! It just takes your breath away! The service was exceptional and the food was sensational! Everyone loved our Yachting Center wedding and I could not be happier with how everything went! We have received so many compliments on the venue, food and decor! I can't thank the Yachting Center enough for helping make our wedding so special and perfect! And I so highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Alexandra S

We booked the Newport Yachting Center back in May and I could not be happier. Ashlee has been a pleasure to work with. She provided in site on local vendors, hotels and a place for a rehearsal dinner. It is so refreshing to work with such a pleasant person during this hectic... Read More time! She has also let my Fiance and I come and view the venue when and actual wedding is set up which is so nice because I was able to plan how I wanted to start setting up on my wedding day. The venue itself is beautiful. I love how it is tucked away from the downtown craziness but it is still so close to local bars, restaurants and hotels. I also love how the venue is so simple and beautiful. You can customize it however you would like. So refreshing compared to a basic banquet room with those ugly rugs ;). I fell in love with the outside patio that overlooks the water. I could go on and on but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND booking your wedding at the Newport Yachting Center. You will NOT regret it :) Can not wait to get married at the Newport Yachting Center on October 1,2016!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Elise L

I could not have been happier with our decision to book our wedding with the Newport Yachting Center. Amanda made the entire experience feel easy. She was very responsive and was able to answer any and all questions that I had. The day of the wedding she made us feel like we... Read More were the most important people in the world. Everything from the food to the venue and the view was spectacular. The wedding day could not have turned out more beautiful there. The weather was perfect and we even got invited onto a few peoples yachts to take photos and have drinks. This venue is definitely worth every penny! They will take care of pretty much anything that you request and walk you through the entire process. I highly recommend doing any event with them!

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Celina M

The Newport Yachting Center went above and beyond to make my wedding day special. They were in constant communication, helped us almost every step of the way, and were extremely accommodating. They provided me with food items and meals that adhered to my dietary needs, and made... Read More sure I was a happy bride. Amanda, who coordinated my event, was knowledgeable and friendly. The ceremony and reception was beautiful. Newport experience without the HUGE Newport price!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Caitriona C

Karl & I were married on Labor day weekend in Newport. We had an 18 month long engagement so we really got to know Amanda & Ashlee, they were with us every step of the way. Constantly available for questions and so good when it came down to the last few months. Amanda Clapp is... Read More amazing she executes everything with class and excellence. We had no worries at all. Our venue was beautifully done, the setting is perfect and the food top stars. For our meal we had Halibut and Tenderloin. We did the Halibut with a crab and sweet potato hash which was excellent. For passed we did mini lobster rolls, with chowder for the New England feel, they were excellent. The chef who we met during our tasting presented all our dishes beautifully. We also enjoyed the shrimp cocktail and mini sliders. Late night snack was fish and chips with a malt vinegar aoili! Our bartenders were a big hit, everyone the following day said how much fun they had with the girls, the beverage manager Noble stayed with us all night filling our champagne and making sure we were happy! He also made sure I had my Saint Germaine at the bar which I had mentioned. I really cant say enough good things about the yachting center and any brides I have met have said the same! You wont go wrong with your decision.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Caitlin F

NYC was an amazing venue for our June wedding. The whole process from beginning to end was very easy due to their timliness, professionalism and clear communication. They worked with us from the beginning to make our day just what we hoped for. Amanda was our event manager... Read More and she took great care of us. Unfortunately it rained shorly before the ceremony was taking place, but they did a great job of adjusting on their feet and the whole night went off without a hitch. Beautiful venue for views for your guests as well as pictures.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Christopher G

My husband and I were married at the Newport Yachting Center on June 6th, 2015. Approximately 14 months before the wedding, we began looking at different venues. Ashlee, who coordinated booking the venue, was absolutely fantastic. She provided an excellent initial meeting,... Read More answered all of our questions, and always responded to emails promptly. My husband and I decided to book the venue after being impressed with everything the NYC had to offer. Five months before the wedding, we began the planning process. Amanda was great to work with and made all of our decisions super easy! As the wedding date approached, Amanda and the venue were super flexible with making changes and planning out minor details. When it comes to the wedding day itself, we could not have been more happy with our venue choice. The location, tent, and decorations were amazing. Everything was planned and coordinated by Amanda and staff, allowing everything to flow perfectly. We even had our own wedding party attendant, who worked tirelessly the entire night to ensure the entire wedding party was taken care of. Our guests absolutely loved the entire experience, including the atmosphere, food, and bar selection, and still talk about it four months later! Thank you to Amanda, Ashlee, and the entire Newport Yachting Center staff for giving us our dream wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

I just recently had my wedding at the Newport Yachting Center and to say I was satisfied with the experience is a total understatement! I was a bit of a nervous bride and the event managers (particularly Ashley and Amanda who were my main points of contact) were always prompt... Read More and friendly in answering any question that I had! They are truly there to help you with anything that you need and were so gracious, even when I asked questions (such as about booking hotel blocks, etc) that extended well beyond the scope of their job! They totally put me at ease during the entire process and I cannot say what a relief it was to have experts on hand to assist me from start to finish. On top of the wonderful staff, the setting itself is phenomenal! I received rave reviews all night for the stunning marina and water views, it is truly a magical setting and is quintessential Newport! The food was also absolutely wonderful! I received compliments all night long about the passed appetizers and everyone I spoke with absolutely loved their entrees! The event manager made sure that my husband and I had a sample of all the appetizers waiting for us at our table, since we all know it can be difficult for the bride and groom to get to eat... touches like that really made the experience at the NYC second to none! The wait staff and managers on site for the evening were also extremely attentive to both myself and the guests - the event manager always made sure I had everything I needed to truly enjoy the evening. I could just tell how much the entire staff wanted me to enjoy the day and it felt so good to have such wonderful people around me on such an important day. The Newport Yachting Center has it all and I am thrilled beyond belief with how everything turned out. As far as I'm concerned, the NYC is by far the best value in Newport and should be on everyone's list! I would HIGHLY recommend the NYC and would give them more stars if it were possible!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Megan S

If you want the best view in Newport and the most amazing food/drink/staff possible, this is definitely the place for you. From the first time we met with Ashlee at our consultation, all the way through to the planning process with Amanda, the team was not only incredibly... Read More helpful but very responsive and great at easing any worries I had. We had a few specific requests that were somewhat out of the norm, and Amanda was not only great about answering my questions, but she made everything come to life just as I imagined it. Planning your wedding can be very overwhelming, especially if you are relying on others to execute your ideas. Amanda made everything happen just as if I was there doing it myself. This venue was exactly what my now husband and I were looking for in our reception location and it beyond exceeded our expectations. You honestly cannot beat the location, especially on a nice sunny summer day. Our guests kept coming up to us throughout the night saying how amazing the view of the harbor is, especially with the lights at night. The food was absolutely incredible and everyone loved the cake (it was part of our package and made by Scrumptions Bakery). We also added on the Dels Lemonade Cart and it was a HUGE hit! A BIG BIG thank you to Ashlee, Amanda, and everyone else at the NYC!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Kelly S

My husband and I can't say enough about the incredible experience we had with the Newport Yachting Center. Ashlee and Amanda were extremely helpful in making sure we had the perfect day. Their attention to detail and and friendliness was indicative of the entire staff. The... Read More venue is absolutely beautiful. We had countless guests coming up to us to let us know that it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever attended and some of the best food they've ever had. For anyone considering a wedding down in Newport I would suggest looking no further than the Yachting Center, as you will fall in love. We even had boaters allow us on their yachts to take pictures with our wedding party!

Newport Yachting Center is Newport's Gem

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Lauren P

Where do I begin..I cannot say enough good things about the Newport Yachting Center. When I saw pictures online I was wowed..and when I finally saw the venue in person I was blown away- this venue is a beauty, very unique and totally stunning. Ashlee and Amanda were absolutely... Read More wonderful to work with every step of the way; they are very nice, knowledgeable and helpful. Our wedding night was absolutely beautiful. The food was excellent, the staff was great, and the views were phenomenal. Our guests were blown away. Our wedding could not have been more perfect thanks to the Newport Yachting Center. I highly recommend this venue.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Becky S

The Newport Yachting Center was the perfect venue for our wedding! Everything from the location, food and atmosphere was amazing. The service was top of the line as well. Ashlee worked with us to help us choose the right package for us and was very helpful and knowledgeable and... Read More made the overwhelming process easy. Once the venue was booked, we worked with Amanda on all the details of the wedding day. Amanda was very patient, professional and prompt at responding to questions. She made the wedding day go very smoothly and I was at ease knowing she was there to help. I can't say enough about the NYC and would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Devon L

Ashlee and Amanda made our wedding perfect and the process of planning easy. We had 150 New Yorkers who have high expectations for weddings up to Newport and each one raved about how it was the best wedding ever! The venue is gorgeous and provides such natural beauty not much... Read More extra is needed. The food was delicious and all of our guests loved when the yachts honked their horns for our kiss. Guests danced the night away and when they needed a break they stepped out and talked while sitting on the teak furniture looking at the newport harbor and lit up boats under the stars. It was beyond beautiful and so affordably priced.

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Vanessa R

The Newport Yachting Center made our wedding a dream come true! Ashlee was so friendly and easy to talk to in the beginning phases. We were planning a destination wedding and she fit us right in to see the property and answer all of our questions. Amanda was AMAZING at guiding... Read More us on the path of planning our wedding. She answered all of our questions and mapped out the most beautiful wedding for us. Our guests were in awe of absolutely everything. This location is a hidden gem in the heart of Newport. You are a crazy person if you don't consider this venue for your wedding. Nautical, beautiful views, amazing staff, and hands down the best food you will ever have at a wedding. LOVED IT ALL!

Everything we hoped for and more

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Shannon D

My husband and I walked into the Newport Yachting Center a year before our wedding and knew this was exactly the place we wanted to be married. Amanda and her crew made the experience seamless for us and always made my husband and I feel like the priority. Everything turned out... Read More so beautifully and our guests couldn't agree more. We wouldn't change anything for the world. Thank you NYC for making our wedding day so memorable.