The Brookside Banquets

Bloomfield, NJ

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The Brookside Banquets

A BALLROOM IN BLOOMFIELD, NJ

The Brookside combines a slick modern interior with dazzling decor to deliver a truly majestic wedding reception setting. Situated in Bloomfield, New Jersey, this wedding venue features enticing mood lighting that'll leave guests feeling impressed from the second they enter. With a dazzling dance floor available, happy couples can indulge in a glittering first dance, which makes for excellent photo opportunities.

When it comes to high-class settings that are unique, The Brookside is difficult to beat. This venue provides highly customizable and inclusive wedding packages, which include a sumptuous range of food and various options for buffets and sit-down dinners. With enough room for 450 people, it's an excellent choice for large wedding receptions that are one of a kind. Although this venue primarily comprises of a large banquet hall, there is an outdoor garden for those who want to vary their photo opportunities.

In addition to The Brookside's wedding package prices, happy couples pay a seven percent New Jersey sales tax and 20 percent gratuity. A private bridal suite is available before the wedding, and as only one wedding takes place at a time, couples benefit from an exclusive event. For those who want to get to know the venue better before making a booking, private tours are available.

The selection of food the venue provides is diverse. This includes chef stations, such as wok and crepe stations, as well as buffets featuring sesame chicken with broccoli florets, chicken with cognac cream sauce, stuffed mushrooms with crab meat and Italian or Swedish meatballs. When it comes to the sit-down dinners, the sumptuous range of dishes includes grilled salmon with dill sauce, sautéed chicken breast in Marsala sauce and roast rib of prime beef au jus.

Happy couples can choose a five-hour open bar, which serves premium brand alcohol. Packages also include linens in a range of colors, valet parking and a coat check service. The venue uses highly-trained staff to provide a day that's memorable for all the right reasons.

With such a broad range of dishes available, it's possible for couples to customize their day to meet exacting requirements. Other extra perks available include:

• A white glove service on the day
  • Craft beers for those who require them
  • A dedicated bridal attendant who takes care of the bride on the day
  • A champagne brunch with a Viennese table is available

Whether it's the crisp nature of the venue's design or the opportunity to produce a theme that's effortlessly opulent, The Brookside is an excellent choice for happy couples that have discerning tastes.

The Brookside Banquets

With a unique blend of modern beauty, exceptional cuisine and professionally trained staff, we proudly announce The Brookside Banquets. Combining contemporary style with refined elegance, The Brookside Banquets promises to set the new standard for an inspired, once in a lifetime event.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

41 Broughton Ave, Bloomfield, NJ (973) 748-6590

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Diane F

My husband and I decided to take a chance on this venue and we are so glad we did! When we began the search for our wedding venue, we came across the Brookside in a magazine. When we went to check it out, the renovations were not even close to done but what was completed was... Read More stunning. We thought about it and decided to take the chance with an unfinished, unestablished place because we saw the potential it could have. The owner, Arthur, was very accommodating and worked with us every step of the way to make sure we were getting the wedding we wanted. My husband and I love craft beer so Arthur even went to the liquor store and purchased the kind we requested for the night of our wedding. Our wedding on June 11, 2016 was absolutely amazing and ran very smoothly. The bridal attendant (I believe her name was Lucy), made sure we were always taken care of. Our friends and family are raving to us about what a great time they had, how beautiful the venue was, and how much they enjoyed the food. We were the first big wedding at this location and it was a huge success. I can only imagine how much better they will get with time! I would highly recommend this venue to any future bride and groom!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Aline N

So my fiancé and I were looking for a place for a quite awhile. We went to so many venues, and none of them met our standards or criteria. Until we found the Brookside. Even with the knowledge that it was a brand new place and not many events had happened there yet. We knew we... Read More were taking a risk. My wedding will take place next year and I will follow up with a review on how the event went, but as for as now I wanna share my experience I'm having with them as this amazing journey starts. Let's start by saying I went to the venue five times prior to booking or making any other commitment. I first went alone with my fiancé, then a week later with my parents, then the following week with my future mother-in-law and then as a whole family. Arthur and Lorraine hosted us all those times in the most professional and wonderful manner you can think of. It went beyond my expectations. They were very helpful. They talked and walked us through every single process of the five times I visited. We then booked a food tasting without booking the venue. The set up was impeccable and food was amazing. They explained the makings of all the food we sampled. So after all that fun we decided to negotiate on closing the deal. He did an amazing job with pricing and met our criteria. Because we do want a Saturday, and our guest count isn't very high, they made sure to take that into consideration. Lorraine has some great suggestions on vendors take her word for it. I'm so delighted with their services as of now. I'm beyond excited and anxious for my big special day to happen.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Michelle N

We are so happy we had our wedding at The Brookside!!! The venue is absolutely breathtaking! As soon as I walked into The Brookside I fell in love and knew this was the place I wanted to celebrate my wedding at! Arthur was extremely helpful and was literally available to answer... Read More questions or concerns at any time. Guests at our wedding were raving about how incredible the food was! Throughout the whole cocktail hour, all of our guests kept telling us how unbelievable the food was. We had 170 guests at our wedding and I was worried that there was going to be lines at the bars all night, but the staff was so efficient so there were never any lines at the bars. The staff was great and Arthur was a pleasure to work with! We really had the most amazing night of our lives and it is because of this place! We highly recommend The Brookside!!! Anthony & Michelle

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Rachel P

I cannot begin to express my happiness with The Brookside! Everything was perfect! The food was incredible! It was hot, fresh, and tasty! Everyone complemented on how amazing the food was! The venue is beautiful and the staff is friendly!! We had an amazing time and even our DJ... Read More said this was one of the best venues he’s been to and he’s going to start telling people about it! Thank you!!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017

There are no words to express how amazing our wedding was so I will make this short and sweet. The staff at The Brookside are some of the nicest, most professional, and hardworking people I have ever encountered. It was the best service I have ever seen at not only a wedding... Read More but in the service industry itself. They are so attentive that they were reading my facial expressions. It seriously blew my mind. The food was out of this world…living in New York City, we know good quality and it was the best food I have ever had at a wedding. Every bite I had was just amazing. Every person we spoke to mentions the food and the service. Don’t book your wedding anywhere else they are the BEST!!!!!! Arthur and Lorraine: Thank you for making our wedding day absolutely perfect. We will be forever grateful for all you did for us. I really can’t express how wonderful an experience it was.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 marisol l

I worked with Lorraine from the beginning from seeing the venue through executing my vision for my perfect day. Everything came together perfectly. The food was amazing, the alcohol was top notch and my guests keep raving about the whole experience. I initially fell in love... Read More with the decor but in the end was astonished by service, quality, and food. Overall, the best day of my life so far and I owe it to Lorraine and her team.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Chris

We are so happy we had our wedding at The Brookside Banquets!! The venue is absolutely breathtaking! As soon as I walked into The Brookside, I fell in love and knew this was the place I wanted to celebrate my wedding at! Lorraine was extremely helpful and was literally... Read More available to answer questions or concerns at any time. Guests at our wedding are still raving about how incredible the food was at our wedding! Throughout the whole cocktail hour, all of our guests kept telling us how unbelievable the food was. We had 260 guests at our wedding and I was worried that there was going to be lines at the bars all night, but the staff was so efficient so there were never any lines at the bars. The staff was great and Lorraine was a pleasure to work with! We really had the most amazing night of our lives and it is because of this place! We highly recommend The Brookside Banquets!! Marlene

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Reaka S

My husband and I were married at The Brookside on Sept 18. They have made it a night to remember for me and my family. The service was impeccable and a few of my family members are still raving about the cocktail hour. I would highly recommend this venue, Chris and Lorraine,... Read More Joesph and I appreciate everything you've done. Thank you.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016

My fiance and I booked our wedding a few months before The Brookside actually opened so it was for me taking a leap of faith. We had our wedding there a few weeks ago and they exceeded my expectations completely. I cannot think of one bad thing to say. Working with them before... Read More the wedding date was great, I always got a quick response from Arthur or Lorraine. You can tell they know what their doing and had the ability to put my mind at ease. The place itself is breathtaking, and the service and food were incredible that night. We were there earlier that day to get ready, and had the most amazing bridal attendant Eva, who was our help throughout the day. They gave us champagne, cheese, fruits, water and soda. Our bridal party were served drinks when they arrived of whatever they wanted. Our guests have told us that the cocktail hour was the best they have ever had. They had a huge selection of liquor and we had a few guests tell us how glad they were to find they served their favorite drink. We have heard nothing but good things about the food and service that they received. The staff that we dealt with personally were so helpful the entire night. This place is so professional and like I said before they know what their doing. They will make sure that your night is perfect. I do not have one complaint about my wedding and that is in a major part due to The Brookside and their staff.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Trish S

The Brookside was a dream. We were married there on Sunday. Throughout the whole process of planning, they were attentive to every detail and accommodated every request that we had. The venue itself is stunning, out of control gorgeous. The food was exceptional , many guests... Read More raved about the cocktail hour flavors and options. The entrees were amazing as well. Arthur and his team were always on point. I could have not asked for a better venue or team to handle our 250+ guest affair. Highly recommend them for anyone looking to get married in north Jersey. The experience of planning with Arthur and Loraine was priceless, there are no words to express our gratitude to The Brookside. Easily the nicest venue we looked at in the area and we are so happy we had our wedding with them.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Kenny C

DO NOT USE THIS PLACE!!! I was suppose to have my wedding here but because of the owner operating without the correct Certificate of Occupancy it was shut down days before my wedding date. They did a terrible job in finding an alternate location. They did nothing extra to... Read More show us how sorry they "should've" felt. And to top it off, Arthur told me to tell The Wilshire Grand Hotel (where my wedding actual took place) that I was a Verteran of the US armed service because The Wilshire takes care of the Veterans and will maybe do more for me if they thought I was a veteran. WTF! I'm not a veteran but I have 4 family members and a bunch of friends that are and I find it disgusting that a person would suggest to do such a thing. So, if you are an American don't use the Brookside for ANYTHING!

2016-08-17T23:54:29 Response from the vendor

Kenny, First, let me just say how much I was looking forward to hosting your wedding at my venue. I had come to know you and your fiancé a little more in the last few months, and what occurred bothered me deeply. Your new wife... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Macy

My Daughter just had her wedding at The Brookside July 2nd and the review above took the words right out of my mouth!! My husband I could not be more happy with the wY everything turned out!! Arthur was excellent and his staff is amazing!!! From start to finish we couldn't ask... Read More for anything better and our family and friends are still raving about what a Beautiful place and how nice the people were and what a awesome time they had!!! 5 stars all the way!