The Cake Hag Cake & Dessert Studio

The Atlanta Metro Area and North Georgia

Bewitchingly Delicious Flavors in Cakes & Desserts

Cake Hag offers affordable & unique all-natural wedding alternatives in gorgeous and delicious cakes, cupcake displays, desserts & dessert bars, pie & mini pie weddings plus our traveling fried pie station & create-your-own cupcake bar. We create interactive flavor experiences to elevate your wedding from average to exceptional! Gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free

$ – Inexpensive

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Kosher, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

447 Bill Kennedy Way SE - physical, Atlanta, GA The Atlanta Metro Area and North Georgia (678) 760-6300

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kelly S

Cake Hag was absolutely amazing to work with!! We picked a small two tier chocolate cake with a dessert bar assortment...It was a beautiful display and everything tasted so delicious!! The dessert bars and shooters we so delicious and there are so many options to choose from!!... Read More They were great to work with!! Very easy payment schedule and easy ordering! I would 100% recommend them for your special event!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Lindsay H

We LOVED our wedding cake & desserts (bars, cookies and more). Delicious and beautifully arranged. Maggie and Katie are great to work with! Thank you for everything, Cake Hag!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Tynaya A

It's simple... We loved our cake and we loved working with the ladies at The Cake Hag. They offer a wonderful variety of flavors and it can be a little overwhelming, but they help to guide you with mixing and matching your flavors. They designed my cake exactly as we discussed... Read More during the tasting, and they were very flexible in the middle of the process when I had a huge change in my guest count! Kate is responsive to emails and voicemails. These ladies were mentioned to me several times during the planning process, and I quickly knew it was a sign that they were meant to do our wedding cake! I'm glad we went with The Cake Hag. Everything turned out wonderful. The cake was BEAUTIFUL AND DELICIOUS!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 So-mi C

I don’t think I could recommend Cake Hag to anyone I know. We ordered a Wedding Cake and a Grooms Cake, and each of them had a problem. Our Groom’s Cake was quite complicated, and while they did their best to recreate it, it took several hours of explaining during the... Read More consultation, followed by multiple emails back and forth, and diagrams from me to get them to understand even the basic shape of the cake. The resulting cake was reportedly tasty (I didn’t have the time to take a bite, unfortunately), but it lacked the attention to detail the cake really needed. Not to mention, the Grooms Cake was 4 hours late into the reception, which meant a lot of our guests had already left before they could try it. For the Wedding Cake, we’ve chosen a cake Cake Hag had done in the past with minor changes to fit our colors. What arrived was nothing like the picture, and the flowers that we had bought to place into the cake (which Cake Hag explicitly told us not to attempt to put into the cake) were not deployed. The cake also wasn’t as moist as it was during the tasting, though this could be because the cake had to survive hours of being displayed, so maybe the cake was colder. I’ve already emailed them regarding these issues and asked for compensation for at least the flowers that I had paid since I did feel silly for paying for something that I didn’t use. But, they gave just gave us a reason of “well we were really spooked by a homeless man who accosted us” (which… if you’re from Atlanta, that’s not very uncommon, so you should have an idea of how to deal with that...) followed by a fervent defense using the contract. While I suppose I should’ve made sure every, single, tiny detail was correct in the contract (up to, and including, the exact, pinpoint location of the flowers, it seems), it’s unfortunate that Cake Hag was the only vendor we worked with who did not take enough care or attention during the consultation and the follow ups to make sure a clear understanding and expectations were set. Also, on the day of, they made zero attempts to contact me or the bridesmaids to give us an update on the status (especially the late Grooms Cake). In fact, we had to give them a call 2 hours in, and they had responded with a simple “we’re on the way,” and was several more hours late. In their defense, they did offer a free anniversary cake in hopes of making it up, but considering we don’t live in Atlanta anymore, I didn’t take the offer. Besides, what if they messed up that cake too? Oh! And if you do end up using their services, expect to hear terrible story about us. They were very eager to let us know of a previous contract they’ve had before where the client “wasn’t reasonable.”

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Nancy L

I have been a happy Cake Hag customer for 6 years. They've made custom cakes for me for every other important event that I can remember and they were on the top of my list for our wedding cake. From start to finish, the ladies were so helpful and professional. I wasn't worried... Read More about anything cake-related. They made sure we found the flavor and look that was perfect for our big day. And the cakes are DELICIOUS.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Tamara W

Our cake was beautiful and tasty, so much more than we expected. Thank you Cake Hag for making our wedding perfect. And in case your top tier has a hard time in the freezer, they can re-create it based on your original order.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Carolyn M

Absolutely incredible experience, product, and value!!! The Cake Hag was a joy to work with from start to finish. Maggie and Katie, the sweetest mother/daughter duo ever, opened their shop to my husband and I for a comprehensive cake tasting with every flavor of cake and... Read More filling possible-complete with a giant mug of milk to wash it all down! We decided to do a combination of cutting cake and 100 cupcakes with the cake one flavor and filling and the cupcakes three other flavors of cake and fillings (and I added a grooms cake of another flavor and filling with a fondant replica of the Canadian flag last minute-it was perfect and in every way), and the ladies didn't bat an eye or charge us extra for having so many flavors all happening at once. The Cake Hag delivered and set up our entire display at the reception venue, and they desserts were all the rage. All of my guests were raving about how delicious all of the different flavors were. I would enthusiastically recommend The Cake Hag Cake & Dessert Studio to anyone looking for delicious desserts for a large event or simply a birthday party.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Luanne D

Excellent cake tasting experience . We had our cake tasting yesterday, very flexible scheduling. They offered so many delicious options... hard to choose . We ended up selecting a naked drip cake as our cutting cake and added 4 additional cakes in a variety of delicious... Read More flavors, Maggie and her team were wonderful. looking forward to the event.

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 A Y

Our wedding cake was perfect! Everyone raved about the flavors and Maggie made the most wonderful decorations to capture our engagement trip in New Zealand and Australia. We will use them for all of our parties and events from now on.

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Genique N

I am soooo excited to have Maggie and Katie baking my wedding cake. This is a superstar duo whose passion and genuine love for their cakes and their customers simply cannot be denied. This was my third tasting and I was really torn and somewhat discouraged after the first two,... Read More but when I walked into The Cake Hag all my anxiety melted away. The presentation of the cakes and the fillings was amazing, and my fiancée and I had separate cake plates which was a Godsend because we have yet to master sharing (two only children, lol.) It made it so easy to truly taste each flavor (honestly I didn't dislike a single thing I tasted which I cannot come close to saying for my other tastings.) As if this isn't enough they are extremely conscious of the quality of their ingredients and food safety. They use organic and non-GMO ingredients like I use in my own kitchen. Honestly when I left (I booked on the spot) I felt like Maggie was now family. I was simply floating, grinning, I couldn't stop talking about how awesome that cake tasting experience was, and that's just how a bride should be made to feel. I could go on but this is long enough. I'm glad I wasn't mislead by some bad reviews I read out there. I'm so grateful God led me to The Cake Hag, and I look so forward to them being a tall sweet part of by big day :-D

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Grace H

We had a beautiful delicious cake!!! We had the lemon and white chocolate cake with raspberry and it was so so good. Thank you!

Reviewed on 12/24/2016 Amanda B

Holy cow...our cake from The Cake Hag was the highlight of our wedding. And the week after when we were finishing the leftovers! We got a 4 tier cake with half strawberry with lemon cream cheese filling, and half Mayan chocolate with chocolate cinnamon mousse filling. Both were... Read More phenomenal! I would recommend them for any cake occasion.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Elyse L

Their cakes are so delicious!!! They have a wide array of flavors and make everything from scratch with fresh ingredients! They also do an amazing job with novelty cakes. They incorporate imagination, creativity, and delicious quality in all of their creations. They also are... Read More very fair on price. Communication can be a bit tough since it's just a mother/daughter team, but they always pull through! Love this bakery :)

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Dani S

Delicious. Beautiful. Enough cannot be said. Thank you so much! Everyone loved the cake and cupcakes. They also did an xbox one for my husband as his groom cake. It was perfect!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Ashley S

The ladies at the cake hag make a great cake. It looked very pretty and tasted even better. We only had one compliant that the filling we chose didn't end up in the cake, but it wasn't the end of the world. Im sure we will be back to purchase other sweets from them in the... Read More future.

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Kristin K

Our wedding cake was amazing!! It was beautiful, simple, and completely delicious (even the next morning). I have had so many guests tell me how delicious they thought the cake was (some of these people don't even normally like cake). Maggie and Katie were wonderful and easy... Read More to work with. I have recommended The Cake Hag to everyone who mentions the word "cake" to me. I will absolutely go back to them for future birthday cakes!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Emily C

We got the affordable cake choice and it was AMAZING!!! Soo delicious and beautiful. Everyone was raving about how our cake was the best wedding cake they've ever had.

Simply Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Elizabeth

Cake Hag was amazing! Our cakes turned out delicious and everyone loved them! Thank you Katie and Maggie!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Jennifer P

The Cake Hag created for us the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake. Everyone at the wedding was talking about how moist and delicious the cake was and asking for seconds! We got a tasting box to select our choices in cake layers and flavor (it was so hard to narrow... Read More them down!) and talked a bunch through email. The staff was very helpful answering all my questions and very interested in getting exactly what we wanted for our cake. I would highly recommend The Cake Hag!! They're fantastic!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Sabrina T

I've known Maggie for several years, but even with that bias, I can say her cakes are just fantastic. You can tell everything is super fresh. My cake was beautiful and delicious. Everyone just loved our grooms cake as well. She created figures of my now husband and I (she... Read More got pictures of our wedding clothes so she could get it just right), my figure was dragging the groom away from an xBox and the tv said "Game Over" on the screen. It was just perfect. And it was delicious!! I will use Cake Hag for my baking needs in the future as well!!!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 8/11/2014

The Cake Hag crew was fantastic. I have been fortunate enough to watch their business grow by leaps and bounds! Maggie and Katy walked us through the entire tasting process presenting a variety of combinations and options to please all of our guests.....including gluten free.... Read More We opted to go a little out of the ordinary for the 'Grooms Cake' and had a fantastic assortment of her doughssants (sp?)! They were to die for and quite the hit! You can't go wrong with the Cake Hag!!!!

Great cake

Reviewed on 12/04/2013 Tiffany P

We used the Cake Hag for our wedding cake and additional cakes. We had a cake table with a total of 5 cakes. They were all delicious and everyone loved the option of having what ever flavor they wanted. Both Katie and Maggie were great during the tastings and with any... Read More questions I had. They let us taste the cakes multiple times since they were releasing their fall flavors at a later date. Mixing and matching the cakes with the fillings and icings were a great option. We chose a few on our own and used their recommendations for the remaining flavors. All the cakes were moist and delicious, we didnt have any left to take home. We will definitely be ordering from them again, maybe for the holidays.

The BEST cake we tasted!

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 shannon k

They use all natural ingredients and their cake and fillings were the best we tasted. We were sure the price was going to be out of our range once we tasted everything and saw the photos of their beautiful cakes but they were well within our budget. I HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Extemely Pleasant and Patient

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Mia F

I really enjoyed working with them. They took their time, they accommodated our request and was very knowledgeable. They were also within our budget.

BEST WEDDING CAKE. PERIOD.

Reviewed on 10/10/2013

Cake Hag was such a pleasure to work with! The cake far exceeded my expectations. Not only was it beautiful, it was delicious! I still receive compliments on how delicious the cake was even months after the wedding. Each of the three tiers was different, and a guest actaully... Read More remembered each in detail. I think this speaks very highly of their work. I cant remember the wedding cake from past weddings I have attended. We don't have any leftover to eat on our anniversary :)