The Candlewood Inn

Brookfield, CT

Exclusive. Private. Waterfront. The Candlewood Inn

Romantic, elegant and exclusively yours for your wedding day. The Candlewood Inn is located directly on Candlewood Lake in Fairfield County, Connecticut, and has acres of green lawn sweeping down to the waterfront. The Candlewood Inn hosts only one event at a time.

Ballroom, Waterfront

506 Candlewood Lake Road, Brookfield, CT (203) 775-4517

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Susie F

The Candlewood Inn thoroughly exceeded every one of our expectations and we can't recommend them enough. From the initial visit and booking, through the intermediate meetings to the final event, each encounter was pleasant and productive, the staff friendly and helpful, and the... Read More event went off without a hitch even with some challenges immediately prior. Location: Perched on the edge of Candlewood Lake, the views of the lake and surrounding mountains are gorgeous from inside the venue building and out. There is a beautiful front lawn for ceremonies and pictures, and the venue building is atop of gentle hill overlooking it all with large windows facing out. Due to snowfall, we had everything indoors, but the snow only added to the beauty of the property. Indoors also offered nice picture locations and the ceremony took place facing the lake with a light snow falling making for a very serene setting. Staff & Service: This is what it's all about. Filomena Tropeano and Christian Sotelo our miracle workers! Despite emergency repairs on the property in the days prior, Christian reassured us it would be taken care of -- and he delivered 150%. Their staff is second to none; Christian was our event coordinator and he and his staff provided exceptional service. Everyone from the bartenders to the wait-staff to the management were extremely professional, attentive, and friendly throughout. They paid attention to the little things and coordinated appropriately. You could barely set down a cocktail napkin before looking again and a new one was in its place. A guest asked for no tomatoes on his vegetable entree, they removed the tomatoes from his salad too without being asked. Little details like this speak volumes of their overall operation and I know there were dozens more instances of this type of service. Even at the end of the evening after our guests left as we were gathering our last few things, I couldn’t believe how happy and helpful everyone was, surely they were exhausted too, but performed exceptionally until the very end. Food: The food was phenomenal. Wedding food tends not to be the most highly regarded, but The Candlewood Inn will change that notion. Every one of our guests commented on the large size of the portions and how delicious everything was from the hor d'ourves through the entrees, to the cake. We choose the Crispy Chicken Breast Piccata, Filet Mignon, and Seafood Vol Au Vent and each was perfectly prepared and thoroughly enjoyable. Without a doubt the best wedding food I've ever had and some of the best food in general. Value: We were married at the end of their winter off-season and received an extraordinary value. The service, location, and food were easily worth two or three times what we paid. Our budget prevented us from booking an in-season venue, but don't shy away at their prices for those times either, you'll be getting every penny's worth and then some. Overall I can't speak of enough positive things about The Candlewood Inn from that day. A heartfelt Thank You to everyone there!

The Perfect Day at the Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Allison M

My husband and I got married at the Candlewood Inn on a Saturday in June. Everyone told me that there was no such thing as the perfect wedding, but due to the absolutely amazing dedication, professionalism, and true caring by the staff at the Candlewood, it was as close to... Read More perfect as it could have been! Christian's attention to detail, his calm and controlled manner, and his willingness to do whatever was asked of him left me able to enjoy the day without worry. My "assistant" for the day, Kathy, was a dream come true...helping with everything from getting food and drinks for myself, my husband, and the wedding party to saving my dress from what could have been a very unsightly stain! Before the wedding day even came, I knew I was in good hands with Marlene paving the way to the big day! She was personable, helpful, and always available for anything! I could go on forever taking about how wonderful the service was. I would recommend Candlewood Inn to anyone and everyone! Thanks Christian, Marlene, Kathy, and all the staff at Candlewood that made my day PERFECT!

I wish I could give more than 5 stars!

Reviewed on 6/09/2014 Elisa D

I wish I could write a review to give Candlewood Inn and everyone who works there justice. From the first time we visited to the end of our wedding day, everything and everyone was wonderful. Filomena, Marlene and Sabrina in the office were extremely responsive and helpful,... Read More and Christian made our night run smoothly. He also gave this design-dumb couple tons of decoration advice that saved us money and still made everything look beautiful. Our guests all raved about the food and we happened to get lucky with a gorgeous evening and the sunset over the lake was picture perfect. I can't recommend Candlewood and the staff more highly.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 J A

My fiancée and I made an appointment to view The Candlewood Inn for our wedding ceremony and reception. First, we had to follow up multiple times by email to receive confirmation for our appointment. Second, we get there and spend 15 minutes with them - no "congratulations"... Read More or warm welcome. Rather, we were asked to sit down and go through numbers immediately and have the GM fly through the package offerings. Third, she then had someone walk us through the reception hall - which we could not fully tour because there was a wedding happening. She also couldn't answer questions, something as simple as "is there an option to rent a tent if it rains?" I'm not sure if they treat others like this - and if not, I wonder if it's because they were uncomfortable with a same sex marriage.... With that said, we will not be going back.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Kelly G

We could not have asked for a more perfect day. I have dreamed of getting married at the Inn since I was a little girl and everything about the entire wedding planning process lived up to my expectations. The venue speaks for its self and is stunning in every way. The food was... Read More by far the best wedding food we have ever had. Our guests still talk about it, especially the cocktail hour and the steak! Every single person we worked with was so sweet and helpful. Christian is a godsend, he mad sure everything was perfect and that I was not bothered during our special day. The bridal attendants were great! Always there to help but not too in your face. Highly recommend getting married at the Candlewood Inn, you will NOT regret it!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Patrice C

wedding date: sept 2, 2017. There are no words to describe this venue. Our wedding was phenomenal because of them! Christian was amazing to work with. He made the day so smooth and relaxing. The bridal attendants are AMAZING. The food was absolutely delicious. The staff was... Read More perfect. We come from Italian families. My father in law complains about EVERYTHING. He had not one complaint the day of our wedding and had told us multiple times how impressed he was! Also, you can not beat the view!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Linda C

The Candlewood Inn was the perfect place for our daughter's wedding. I can't thank Christian and his staff enough for the fantastic job they did from the moment we arrived to the moment we packed up the car and left. The ceremony was at the perfect setting in front of the... Read More lake. We also enjoyed the view from the large window inside and were lucky enough to see a spectacular sunset. The food was excellent, the cake was delicious and the cookies were fabulous. Everyone commented on how beautiful it was and what a great time they had. The bride and groom truly had the best day ever and my daughter said it was the fairy tale wedding she always wanted.

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Tracy W

We cannot even begin to express how fabulous our wedding was and our gratitude to Christian and the amazing staff at The Candlewood Inn. It was absolutely flawlessly executed perfection for the entire day (both Ceremony by the Lake and Reception). Everyone had a great time and... Read More we got so many compliments from our guests on the beautiful venue, delicious food and courteous staff. Thank you so much for helping make this the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Meaghan F

I recently got married in June, and The Candlewood Inn made my experience so unforgettable. The whole staff, especially Christian were completely professional and helpful from day 1 with wedding planning. The first time we met he even gave us some sample cake slices to take home... Read More that someone had left...we were so excited to try so many cakes! And even with not so great weather and a ton of Danbury traffic, they created a perfect day for us. My guests complimented on how beautiful the ceremony was, even inside. They were able to transform the room from ceremony to reception with no problem. The food they provided was phenomenal, there were so many rave reviews from our guests, and our cake was incredible! A simple funfetti with cream cheese filling, everyone LOVED it! We also decided to have one of their exit stations as our guest favors...we chose the fabulous "cookie jar." We knew people were appreciative of some to-go cookies just by how little cookies were left by the end of our wedding. It was definitely a great favor idea. I can't say enough great things about Candlewood. The staff, the food, the service, the scenery, the atmosphere...I wish we had been able to party there all night long! They are an absolutely wonderful wedding venue.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Jenn M

We are so thrilled that we picked the Candlewood Inn for our reception. From the moment they opened the limo door and we stepped out, Christian and the gang were by our side. They went above and beyond--asking us what they could get us, bringing out appetizers and drinks while... Read More we were taking pictures and even bustling my dress for me!! We left a roll of extra tulle at the venue that we didn't know how to use and they tied it into beautiful bows on the bathroom stall doors!! They went above and beyond and the reception was absolutely everything that we hoped it would be. We had a little mishap with seating and Christian fixed it almost instantly and absolutely seamlessly. Besides being a stunning venue, the service is what really made our wedding day spectacular. They even asked us when we wanted them to serve our food so that it wouldn't get cold when we were going around to our family and friends. This phenomenal service and stunning venue made our day absolutely perfect and we are so thankful that we chose the Candlewood Inn!!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Karen P

My daughter and her wife were married Sun, 6/25/17 at The Candlewood Inn. It was an amazing, perfect and truly magical day thanks to the Inn and their remarkable staff. My daughter picked the venue because they wanted to get married on the water. They chose 4:30 pm because they... Read More wanted a sunset. The day was initially rainy but cleared beautifully and it was clear blue skies, warmth and gorgeous sunsets for the wedding. Christian and the staff were amazing. Christian kept everything running right on time and made sure everyone knew where they should be and what they should be doing. The entire event ran on time. The staff was remarkably attentive. I learned the next day that they were constantly there with the girls and the wedding party offering water and food. They felt so taken care of. They didn't expect that extra level of care and attentiveness and they truly appreciated it. The food....AMAZING and delicious. We got so many comments and compliments throughout the evening. Everything was outstanding and there was so much of it. The appetizers were plentiful and delicious. The bar was extremely organized and well run. I heard from friends that they never had to wait for a drink. I kept hearing the filet could be cut "with a butter knife". They chose cupcakes for dessert and they were outstanding, especially the chocolate with filling. I must say it was wonderful to hear how good the food was. We did a grilled cheese station at the end of the evening which we also loved. Many people apparently were given sandwiches to go which was greatly appreciated. The scenery...I don't even know what to say. The back drop for the pictures was just amazing. I know we had no control over the weather but to have it turn out the way it did was spectacular. Everyone commented how beautiful the lake and dock and gazebo were. Airen Miller photographer worked hard and I cannot wait to see the finished product. In closing Christian and the staff were just amazing and so incredibly attentive. They were everywhere making sure the girls and wedding party were well cared for. They made a special day that much more special. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. I am so grateful for all of their help making this a very special and memorable day. If I could I would give them many , many more stars.

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Phoenix F

Candlewood Inn is one of the most beautiful wedding venues in Connecticut. The outdoor ceremony area with gazebo looking out on the lake was absolutely perfect. There was a chance of rain on our wedding day, and the indoor option with the same view would have been perfect had... Read More we needed to hold the ceremony indoors. Christian, our coordinator, and the staff at The Candlewood Inn made everything from planning to the actual day run smoothly. Everything was set up perfectly. They took the time to understand how exactly we wanted things to be displayed and double checked with us when they weren’t sure. The attendants did a great job of making sure our every need was taken care of the day of the wedding. We were kept aware of when events were going to take place, and they ensured that we had plenty to eat and drink throughout the day. The food was excellent, from hors d’oeuvres to entrees to the cake were perfectly prepared and presented. The day ended with the staff packing up all of our stuff and loading it into the car, so we had not a single thing to worry about. We would recommend The Candlewood Inn to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Margaret d

When my husband and I got engaged, which happened on a Friday. That Saturday, we went took a look at The Candlewood Inn. I instantly fell in love, I have always the beauty of the lake and getting the chance to be married near the water was always a dream,. We met with Filomena... Read More first, and she answered we may have had. Then we got to meet with Christian, and through every step of the journey to our wedding day, he was extremely helpful and made sure that we were happy with everything. He was there every step of the way. Daniel and I couldn't have asked for a better venue. We are extremely happy with everything and it will be a day that we will remember forever.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Paula C

Our wedding was on 9.16.16 and our guests are STILL raving about how much they loved everything about The Candlewood Inn! From start to finish the staff truly went above and beyond to make it the best day ever. Our friends and family all complimented how welcomed they felt and... Read More how exceptional the service was. The attendants throughout the night were so pleasant and I felt that they were truly happy to be there, celebrating with us:) Five stars is not enough to rate the quality of service!!! Leading up to and even the day of, the entire staff worked with us to understand our vision, and they offered helpful suggestions at every turn. They were incredibly accommodating and reassuring through every decision regarding our special day. The value of this venue is exceptional, everything was very reasonably priced and there were many options for add on's in addition to the meal provided. We will never be able to say enough good things about our wedding ceremony & reception thanks to The Candlewood Inn!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Donna A

If I could give a 10 gold star rating to the Candlewood Inn I would - and then some. From the moment we looked at the Candlewood Inn for our July 2016 wedding we were treated like royalty. Once we made our decision, the staff Philomena and Christian did everything to make our... Read More day a success and to make it our own. The service provided was exemplary! We did our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception on the grounds. The personal attendants, the wait staff, bartenders all were professional, helpful, courteous, and genuinely fun! We enjoyed the day, our guests enjoyed the day. The atmosphere was clean, elegant, and exactly as I had hoped. The food from the hors d'oeuvres through the main meal and wedding cake - all beyond compare. Even months after the wedding people are still talking about the food and the cake. Our every request was met with immediate action. No complaints from this wedding - wish we could do it again - just for fun!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Emily N

Beautiful venue! Excellent staff! Great food! I have not even the slightest quibble about the way the Candlewood Inn managed our wedding. They were very easy to work with throughout planning, and everything was just as we'd imagined and dreamed.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Danielle T

We were married on 9/4/16. From the moment we booked, Christian and the staff at Candlewood Inn were extremely attentive to our every question, request and need. You would think for a place the does hundreds of weddings a year that they would be less personal with you. Our... Read More experience was the complete opposite. Everyone went above and beyond to make us feel special and heard. We were a little nervous about not being able to do a full menu tasting but did go to a wedding expo they hosted and tried all the apps. We were very impressed. Thankfully, every single person at our wedding raved about the food - especially the raw bar and the filet mignon. It is not easy to cook filet to temperature for a large group and they nailed it! I cannot, absolutely cannot say enough of the bridal attendants that helped Christian the day of our wedding. Our drinks were never empty, our bellies were never hungry, and they were a step ahead of us the entire night. I am so thankful to them and know the evening would not have been the same without their help. We had about 220 guests and the room did not feel crowded and the bartenders were amazing - there was never a line. At the end of the night, the staff packed up all of our decorations and extras so neatly and carefully into our car so we did not need to worry about a thing! Highly highly recommend this venue and staff. The view is an added amazing bonus but the real gem is the service!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 kacy C

We picked Candlewood for the view, but we quickly fell in love with how attentive the staff was to our dream wedding. Everything we requested, we were given. Christian was great to work with, and a big help during the wedding planning process. The day of the wedding was awesome.... Read More We had staff on us all night making sure we had drinks and food. Candlewood Inn made our dream come true with our beautiful wedding. We couldn't have asked for a better venue. We would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Jess P

Incredible venue! The staff was so helpful and made the day run so smoothly. They had two staff members catering only to my groom and I to give us water and food throughout the whole night. Everyone is helpful. Food is amazing! They even completely packed our car with presents... Read More and flowers at the end of the night so we did not have to! 100% recommend

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Kendra B

Candlewood Inn did an AMAZING job on Our Wedding Day! From the second we arrived, the service was outstanding. The food was delicious and hot! The mashed potato and candy bar were both outstanding- our guests are still talking about them! The views of the lake were stunning! Our... Read More guests could not decide whether to go outside and enjoy the fireworks or to come inside and dance. A++ for this venue.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Kathy B

We had my sons wedding reception at the Candlewood Inn in Ct. On July 2 2016. We couldn't have asked for a more magical , romantic atmosphere ever. The entire staff was there for us on all levels. The food served at the cocktail hour, main course and Viennese hour was 5 star.... Read More The atmosphere of the venue was transformed into a magical romantic setting. I would recommend this venue to any bride or family.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Erica T

It is now four days post-wedded bliss and guests are still commenting on how perfect the venue was, and my husband is still marveling over how amazing the staff was at the Candlewood Inn. They brought us food and drinks, even outside in the heat to take pictures. They brought us... Read More our food for dinner from the buffet because things had gotten so busy. They catered to our bridal party's every need to keep us happy and comfortable. They stayed later than they had to to help us get organized and settled. They made every guest feel like family. They were super professional and easy to work with. The breathtaking views are only the beginning of how wonderful this place was. From answering last minute emails, to ensuring each and every detail was perfect, thank you to the Candlewood Inn.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Rosanna B

Our wedding at the Candlewood Inn was everything we could have hoped for and more. From booking to the big day everything went smoothly and Christian was great to work with. We arrived early for pictures and were welcomed with open arms. The bridal attendants went right to work... Read More making sure everyone was comfortable and hydrated, they blew us away. One of the attendants even found me on the bus as we were leaving with food in to go boxes for us to eat later! All the food was great, filet was our favorite! Our guests are still raving about the coffee cordial bar that they offer with dessert, highly recommended!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016

We got married at the Candlewood Inn on 6/4 and it was truly amazing, beautiful location on the lake! Christian and his staff were so friendly and helpful and guided us through all of the planning. Everything went so smoothly and everyone has been raving about how exceptional... Read More the food was. We had the most wonderful wedding day and we highly recommend the Candlewood Inn to anyone planning their wedding in the Brookfield, CT area.

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Stefanie K

This place is absolutely wonderful! From the second we booked the venue all the way through the wedding the staff is extremely helpful and accommodating. They made our experience truly perfect! Plus the scenery here is unbelievably gorgeous. I would highly recommend looking... Read More into this place if you are looking to get married in the NY/ CT area. Christian is the best!!