The Capen House at the Polasek

Winter Park, FL

Make your day Historic at The Capen House!

Situated on the pristine grounds of the Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens in beautiful Winter Park, Florida, the Capen House offers the perfect Central Florida backdrop for any type of special event; from engagement parties, corporate events, bridal showers, baby showers, meetings, and anniversary parties to graduation parties, birthday parties, holiday parties, and celebrations of life. Capen House Event Amenities: -Over 2,500 square feet of event space -Three-and-a-half acres of manicured grounds and lakefront gardens for outdoor meetings and celebrations, including tenting capabilities -Exquisite Hospitality Suite -Charming architectural details, vintage light fixtures, and original 1885 heart pine floors -Indoor veranda overlooking Lake Osceola -Expansive lakefront patio

Backyard, Waterfront, Garden, Historic Venue, Museum, Tented

633 Osceola Ave, Winter Park, FL (407) 636-9317
PINTEREST

A lot of run around but a breath taking place

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Kathleen B

We ha our wedding ceremony here in the side garden. It was the perfect place because I wanted to get married in the lakes in winter park and the beautiful garden was shaded and relaxed. They have a very specific list of vendors that you can use because of the insurance involved... Read More with working around their art. The event manager changed three times since I put my deposit down. I felt like they had strict rules but no one knew what they were and essentially let us break them. I was not crazy about their service. Their ever person, Kim, was supposed to be there the day of the wedding but she wasn't. She sent her friend in here place. There isn't much of a staging area for the bride. They told me I could just wait by the bathrooms. Luckily one of the volunteers went to high school with a bridesmaid and let us sit in the chapel but reminded us that he would probably get in trouble for it a few times. Overall I was not satisfied with the service but loved the location.

beautiful

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Courtney S

We got married in the main gardens here on May 18, 2013 at 6:00pm. It was absolutely beautiful and we were so happy with our choice of picking the Polasek as our venue. All of our out of town guests who had never been to Winter Park were very impressed.

the *PERFECT* hidden treasure!

Reviewed on 1/22/2013 Lisa Marie B

I just booked my ceremony and reception at Polasek and am just THRILLED! The gardens are beautiful and the staff is SO nice :) I can't wait for my big day!

Reviewed on 3/07/2018 Letha W

A huge thank you to Kim and all of the staff at The Capen House. We held our wedding there and it could not have been a more perfect day. Kim was very communicative throughout the whole process and was so accomodating to help us get everything just right the day of. The venue... Read More itself is gorgeous...from the gardens outside with the lake as a backdrop to the interior of the house with its beautiful hardwood floors. My guests are still commenting on how lovely the venue was.

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Crystal L

Kim was my contact for organizing my wedding. She was on top of keeping in contact with all my vendors and making sure I got as many tours as I needed. The pictures don't do this venue justice. You really have to go and see it for yourself. The grounds are beautiful with all the... Read More sculptures to look at and overlooking the lake. The Capen House is gorgeous! The history behind the home, and the grounds of the museum, is what sold us on this venue. Denise, who coordinated and worked my wedding, was just absolutely amazing. She not only worked with the DJ to make sure everything was on time but she also made sure I was okay at all time. She was such a joy to talk to and made me feel so secure about my wedding. When it was my turn to walk down the aisle, I started to cry and get nervous. She gave me the words I needed to hear and the courage to get down to the alter. I would consider her an angel and the perfect person to work my wedding. My wedding was more than I could have ever expected because of this venue and my guests were in awe. Highly recommend this venue for wedding and corporate events.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Chris S

We were married on October 15, 2016 - we had a mid-morning ceremony outdoors in the sculpture garden behind the museum, overlooking the lake (facing the big live oak tree) and then a brunch reception that was indoor/outdoor at the Capen House. We booked a tent to go over the... Read More brick patio so that our guests could be in the shade and as a back-up plan in case of rain. We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice of venue! The setting is absolutely gorgeous, the garden was in full bloom and it felt a world away from everything around it. The Capen House is a beautifully restored historic home - it was so elegant and comfortable. There is a parlour with attached bathroom in the house that was the perfect place for my bridesmaids and me to get ready beforehand. Kim, the event planner, was very kind and easy to work with and the Polasek's day-of coordinator and staff were so incredibly helpful and cheery. All of our guests are still talking about how beautiful the setting was!

Beautiful Location!

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Jennifer B

I was married here and had the ceremony ONLY on June 7, 2014. The lakeside garden's view is picture perfect for photographs. The gardens are spectacular and were in full bloom for the wedding. The staff is friendly and easy to work with. As a thank you the museum gave my... Read More husband and me a one year membership to return as often as we would like. Note: The museum doesn't have a place for the bride to get ready on site. We hired a limo for transportation and to have an air conditioned place for the ladies to relax in before the ceremony. Also, they have a strict list of vendors to choose from. I suggest Levan's Catering from the list for your catering and rental needs.