Elegant, Worry-Free & Unforgettable...

It has charmed queens, brides, lawmakers and in-laws. Where better to hold life’s most important event than The Carter Presidential Center. Featuring exclusive catering by Proof of the Pudding, our perfect venue for your wedding ceremony and reception will leave the ordinary far behind.

$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Museum

Food + Catering, Service Staff

453 Freedom Parkway, Atlanta, GA

Hidden Gem

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Nikisha S

My first visit to the Carter Presidential Center was in December 2009. When I entered the chapel for the ceremony, I was pleasantly surprised by its sheer beauty. After the ceremony, the guests were ushered into the rotunda for the cocktail hour. I was in awe viewing the artifacts located in and around the rotunda. By the time we were moved into the Cyprus room for the reception, I was already in love with the venue. In 2011, a close friend was searching for a wedding venue for her daughter's 2012 wedding. Of course, I suggested the Carter Presidential Center as a likely candidate. The family visited several venues including the Carter Center, and it quickly became clear----- the Carter Center was at the top of the list. Within days, the Carter Center was selected and the date was reserved ---July 1, 2012 –(Some of the pictures in the portfolio are from the actual wedding of Charis & Peter Mbugua) So, fast forward to 2013…My niece and I were brainstorming venues for her upcoming May 2014 wedding. You guessed it….Once again, I suggested the Carter Center. She had two other venues in mind. After visiting the Carter Center and a popular venue, her preferred choice was evident. She was no longer interested in visiting the third venue. Once again the venue was selected and the date was reserved --- May 17, 2014. (Nikisha & Jerrold Douglas) Do you see a pattern? :-) We were privileged to work with Georgia McGuffey and Jane Quillen (Proof of the Pudding) for my niece’s wedding. (These two exceptional ladies (reassuring and so calm) were available every step of the way throughout the entire planning process. I can’t thank these two ladies enough. Sure, I can list all the reasons you should consider this venue; however, I think once you’ve seen the grounds and tour the facility with one of the staff members, you will be in agreement too. Come discover for yourself all the amenities it has to offer. You will soon agree---this hidden gem is the ideal location to host a memorable occasion. I will continue to highly recommend the Carter Presidential Center. Aunt of the Bride Coordinator

Daughter's Wedding

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Kay P

Found the venue to be absolutely perfect. Lovely location, beautiful gardens. Staff very available and we felt they wanted this day to be the best it could be. Food was delicious. My daughter said that the only change she would have made was to have the reception last longer!

2013-10-11T10:09:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write us! Celebratory receptions are always so much fun and they tend to go by too quickly! We are happy that you felt this way about your daughter's special day - we do try our best to make... Read Less Read More

Wedding at the Carter Center

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

Our experience working with the staff at the Carter Center was wonderful. They were very accommodating and promptly answered any questions we had. They made great suggestions, providing information about vendors that we could contact for the dance floor and photographers. We could not have been more pleased as they made the process stress free and the wedding day went off without any hitches. The food and drinks were super. They were eager to provide exactly what we wanted and provided a tasting before the wedding to help us with our decisions. I would highly recommend the Carter Center to anyone interested in a very special venue for a wedding. The outdoor Japanese Garden was spectacular for photographs and the rotunda was perfect for the wedding. It was great to have access to the outside gardens as well. It was a very special day at a very special place and wonderful staff helping us all along the way!

2013-10-11T10:04:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed response! We are so glad that we could make your wedding day stress free so that you could enjoy it! Once again, congratulations to you two in your future together!!

Courtney McGill

Reviewed on 11/02/2014

The Carter Center was exceptional! Georgia and Jane were wonderful and made sure our day was executed and exquisite. The Carter Center also has volunteers to assist your guest. Although, Proof of Pudding was pricey due to our taste; our guest still have the taste of the South dancing in their heads! We could not have chosen a better venue.

Outstanding Service!

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Maria T

I have now attended two Carter Center wedding and assisted the couples in the planning process. Patricia is outstanding to work with and clearly outlines what the venue has to offer. She makes an effort to make sure the couple is happy in every way. The grounds were gorgeous for the photos. To be in a large city and find a venue with these gardens and privacy was a blessing. Working with Proof of the Pudding as the caterer could not have been more positive. The tasting was very professional and they were able to accommodate some custom asks. The food was delicious the day of, and many guests expressed that sentiment. I would highly recommend the Carter Center as a venue for a wedding or social event.

Magical Day

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Staci B

We loved having The Carter Center as our wedding venue. We got married on the perfect day 7/26/14. The gardens were beautiful and the chapel was gorgeous! We loved having the reception in The Cyprus Room. The windows looking out into the gardens made it that much more special. The staff at The Carter were superb. Thoroughly enjoyed planning our wedding with them! I highly recommend this venue and honestly wish we could get married there all over again! Staci & Patrick Sullivan

Professional, Efficient, Attentive, and Responsive

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Rhonda S

My wedding at the Carter Center was unique and it went off without a hitch thanks to the great staff. The staff exceeded my family’s expectations. For example, Molly was willing to meet my family at the venue on the weekend to give us a tour. Georgia kept meticulous notes about the observations and stream of consciousness thoughts that I had each time I visited and she sent me emails recapping my thoughts. The venue is as impressive as the staff. My ceremony took place in the Center’s chapel and the reception was in the Cyprus room. I loved how the outdoor gardens peeked into every room through the massive windows. One of our guests commented that the tulips seemed to sway with me and my husband as we had our first dance. We took amazing pictures in the gardens, but it rained during some parts of our wedding day, so our guests did not see the gardens. Although our guests stayed inside, they were able to enjoy the spectacular treasures inside of the Center, including artwork by Jimmy Carter and many treasures that were presented to the former President and his wife over the years. The entire event ran like clockwork. The Center provided tables and chairs, pipe and drape for the stage, security, and parking. Although the chairs were not my favorite, I was able to save money and splurged on renting chiavari chairs just for the two bridal party tables. You are restricted to using the exclusive on-site catering company, but it is evident that that the events are seamless due to this exclusive relationship. I highly recommend hosting a wedding and other special events at The Carter Center.

Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 12/16/2013 Tracy S

As an Atlanta wedding planner, I have worked with many venues in Atlanta. However, December 10, 2013, was my first time coordinating a wedding at the Carter Center. I had the pleasure of working with Georgia McCuffey and I must say the experience was great! Geogia was very easy to work with. She was very helpful and always available to answer any questions I had or provide anything I needed that was within her power/control. The Carter Center is a great place to have a wedding. There is plenty of parking for guests and easy access for vendors to deliver supplies. The inside and the grounds are absolutely beautiful, so there are plenty places to take nice pictures. I will definitely refer the Carter Center to my future brides to be for their dream wedding.

Beautiful venue, best wedding team in town, superb value

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 A. S

My husband and I were just married at The Carter Center in the middle of October 2013. We could not have asked for a better experience! It's been two weeks and guests are still calling to tell us about how much they enjoyed our wedding using words like "classic" and "timeless." It was important to my husband and I that on our wedding day, we felt like the wedding was the only thing happening in the world that day. The secluded campus nestled in the heart of midtown Atlanta definitely helped us achieve this goal. The attentiveness of The Carter Center's awesome on-site wedding coordinator and catering staff added to the equation also made our experience one we'll never forget. You get such a unique and beautiful ceremony, cocktail, and reception space for a price that is absolutely unheard of in today's wedding planning. Their staff was awesome from our initial research visit all the way to the end of our goodbyes at the reception. Would most definitely recommend to any couple who wants to get married in Atlanta. Even better that you don't have to break the bank to host a truly quality wedding.

2013-11-04T10:35:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. We are very glad that you enjoyed your wedding day as much as we enjoyed having you and your guests here! Best of luck to you two as you begin your life together!! -The Carter Center Events Staff

Most Magical and Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Rachel Marie H

My husband and I wanted a venue that would incorporate beautiful outdoors, elegant food, and ease of planning. The Carter Center was the best decision we made planning the wedding. Between Georgia and Jane from Proof of the Pudding, our wedding was perfect. They go above and beyond to get every detail right and the food was amazing. We were married in March of 2013 and people are still talking about how the food was 5 star dinning and not the typical "wedding food" and that they grounds outside were magical. Most people did not know the Carter Center did weddings, well it is a hidden gem because it felt like we were not in Atlanta but in a Japanese garden with a wall to floor windows and wildlife everywhere.

2013-10-11T10:02:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you took to provide this information!! We are glad that your wedding was magical - as it should be! Once again, congratulations and best wishes as you begin your life together.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 10/24/2010 Elaissa T

I was an out-of-town bride, so we needed a facility that made us feel welcome, was not a bridal shop, and would work with my travel schedule. Once we meet Patricia Rafshoon (Carter Center event coordinator) and Jane Quillen (with Proof of the Pudding) we fell in love with them and the Carter Center. It was wonderful working with them and we loved our wedding. I would not have changed anything. The Carter Center only allows one wedding each weekend, so we were able to bring all our stuff early and enjoy the venue all day. The grounds are beautiful and perfect for pictures.

Meet The Events Director

Georgia Ellis

Conference and Events Coordinators assist their clients in creating memorable experiences for their guests while providing exceptional customer service on all fronts and putting out fires when they occur. Coming from a Southern background (with an equally Southern name) - I smile first and ask questions later. If I make eye contact with you, you are likely to get a warm smile and a " good mornin'! " Having planned my own wedding in October of 2014, I have a very personal connection to the bride's planning process. I look forward to speaking with you about your special day!

TO The Carter Center