Book Your Wedding with The Chapel of Orange

A little storybook romance always begins with a crackling fire in a stone fireplace, warmly glowing hardwood floors or an elegant chapel that looks exactly like The Chapel of Orange. A European Gothic style entrance with a dark brick stairway gives this Orange, California wedding chapel a unique style that blends romance with stately architecture. Designed in 1909 by architect Philip H. Frohman, The Chapel of Orange invites couples to say their vows in an atmosphere that brings to mind Renaissance elegance.

The Chapel of Orange , with its dark wooden exposed beams, presents an actual indoor chapel ideal for that traditional wedding ceremony. The raised altar sets the couple apart from the crowd with a backdrop of stained glass windows. The aisle is flanked by rows of dark wooden benches with seating for larger wedding parties. Couples may highlight each row with a bow in one of the wedding colors or keep things simple with just a few flowers.

The Grand Ballroom , with its fieldstone fireplace and dark vintage reclaimed wood flooring, has a medieval castle feel that lends itself well to celebrations. Dine on delicious catered dishes amidst stone archways, a bronze tiled ceiling and elegant crystal chandeliers. A sit-down dinner at elegant round tables begins a reception with style. Dance the night away to live music and let the staff of The Chapel of Orange handle the whole event.

Outdoor weddings on the beautifully manicured grounds under an elegant archway add another option for to-be-weds who want the best of both worlds. The gorgeous California weather, green lawn and delicate shade trees lend themselves perfectly to a summery wedding.

The Chapel of Orange is a historic building with modern upgrades that make it lovely for any style of wedding. Stained glass accent windows and exposed interior beams give the building an old European feel. The Chapel of Orange is privately owned, and the owners have a reputation for being extremely accommodating. This venue offers full-service weddings that include items such as hair and makeup styling, music, food, a candy bar and even a strolling magician. Couples can choose a wedding package, or customize a package to suit their needs.

Getting married in a gorgeous European Gothic chapel is definitely a perk, but The Chapel of Orange offers plenty of other wonderful additions.

• Vintage trolley service for photos and guest transportation
  • Vintage furniture staging for photos
  • Just 15 minutes from Disneyland
  • Located close to hotels, dining and shopping in Anaheim, California

The Chapel Of Orange

Once Upon a Fairy Tale Presents The Chapel Of Orange, formerly known as The Chapman Chapel. Nestled in historical Old Town Orange sits the "Gothic" chapel, built in 1909. Offering chapel seating of 175 guests, charming grounds and newly remodeled banquet room is perfect for your storybook wedding!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Church, Religious Setting

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

215 N. Grand Street, Orange, CA (855) 263-2201

Reviewed on 2/07/2016

Absolutely STUNNING wedding venue with historical chapel, gorgeous gardens with climbing white roses, gazebo, antique fountains and vintage Edison light bubs swaying from overhead and I cannot say enough about the newly remodeled banquet room off the garden. It transports you... Read More back in time .. you'll think you're in old world Europe with it's stone archways and walls, venetian plaster, bronze tiled ceilings, bronze and crystal Gothic chandeliers and reclaimed wood floor (over 100 years old). As if all this wasn't enough, they offer all inclusive packages that take all the stress out of your wedding. Cheryl, the venue director and her team are the most caring and responsive people ever. They will make you feel like you're their only bride and will make your wedding everything you wanted it to be and then some, right down to the smallest detail. Your guest will leave raving about the food, the DJ, the service and how gorgeous and unique this venue is. While I'm sure they're pricing will have to go up now that the property has been restored back to it's splendor, the pricing on their all inclusive packages is so far below all the other venues, it's hard to believe.

Reviewed on 4/28/2016

My wedding really was a fairy tale dream come true! Cheryl and her team (and all the vendors) went out of their way to make my day truly unique and special. All our guests are still raving about how beautiful it was and how every detail was "exactly who you are". Our guests... Read More thought that my husband and I picked out all the details and decorations, when in fact we did very little. From the moment I met Cheryl I knew I was in good hands. When she asked me what I pictured our wedding day I was at a loss on how to put my dream into words, but when I started trying to describe what I wanted she said she knew exactly what to do for us, and she really did. Cheryl and Alissa always responded to me right away, and all the vendors she picked are truly extraordinary. Chef Kaya put so much love into our food, and every thing was so delicious!! Great Dane Bakery baked us a beautiful and yummy cake and even put our family crest on it, which everyone loved! And my bouquet by Oceanic Flowers was the most beautiful bouquet I have ever seen. All the flowers were gorgeous!! I thought the DJ, Chris Williams, would think we were insane from some of our song selections, but he loved all our choices and even found the perfect songs that fit our style to fill in the gaps. The photographer, Ashley Paige was amazing! She made me feel so beautiful and made our bridal party so comfortable, and that really comes through in our pictures. The best part is that I actually got to ENJOY my wedding! Cheryl even threw in a few surprises for us and I am so grateful for every single thing she did for us. I told her at the end that my husband and I have been together for 8 years and I had to wait a long time for my wedding day, but I would gladly have waited 8 more years since everything was so perfect!

2016-04-28T17:31:48 Response from the vendor

Stephanie, it was a real pleasure to plan and execute your fairy tale wedding at the Chapel. It was such a lovely wedding (you looked stunning) and from all of us at the chapel, we wish you, Brandon and Sammie a lifetime of happiness!

Reviewed on 3/17/2018 anthony t

Chapel of Orange is the perfect place to have your wedding. We had our wedding here on March 9, 2018. Once we came across the Chapel of Orange online we instantly knew that this was the place. We contacted Cheryl who scheduled a tour for us right away. She was very helpful... Read More and accommodating, answering any questions we had. After the tour we booked our wedding here right away!! Alyssa, the wedding coordinator, went above and beyond for us through the whole process ensuring that our wedding planning was free of stress and that we would have the best wedding experience possible. We were extremely happy with the staff at the Chapel of Orange and venue itself. They have so much to offer and will accommodate basically anything for you to have your dream wedding. We would highly recommend Chapel of Orange to any couples looking to have their fairy tale wedding!!

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Jamie G

On Labor Day weekend of 2016, my Husband and I were going to the Orange International Street Fair and searching for parking. We happened to park right near the Chapel and were walking by and noticed people setting up for a wedding in the garden. We had no idea that The Chapel of... Read More Orange was where we would ultimately be married on 2/18/17, just 5 short months after stumbling upon it! We snuck in where we were greeted by Alyssa Brush (best coordinator ever!) and given a business card as well as set up a meeting to come back the following weekend. We were in awe of the Chapel itself knowing that it was completely original and even more impressed when we saw the newly renovated reception hall. We looked at eachother and gave the nod knowing that this was it before even sitting down for more details. Once we knew that the packages were all inclusive and what that entailed, we chose a wedding date from their already extremely booked calendar which settled our nerves knowing that so many others fell in love with it as well. We immediately jumped into working with Alyssa on selecting invitations, setting up a sweet date night in the reception hall to taste food as well as cake all in one shot, attending an appt with the florist and getting in contact with our photographer and DJ. All of the appointment scheduling was done by Alyssa which made our wedding planning the easiest I could have asked for! All of the vendors suggested by the Chapel were phenomenal and made our day so special. Everything went perfect and we cant thank Alyssa and the entire team at Chapel of Orange enough for the amazing job in executing our wedding. We are getting ready to celebrate our 1 year anniversary in February and still love to walk by the Chapel when we go to the Orange Circle for dinner!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Michelle V

It has been more than a month since we got married at Chapel of Orange , but our friends and family are still talking about how beautiful and organized our wedding was. From the moment we talked to Cheryl and Alyssa we knew that we found our perfect venue. They are very... Read More accommodating and will answer your questions immediately . They have amazing packages for the couples in budget that will accommodate all the wedding essentials. We had the Ultimate Fairy tale wedding package , and we are were so grateful we did . This package includes everything you need in your wedding , I mean all of it . The preparation was not easy but Alyssa and Cheryl helped us throughout. They have the great vendors ready for us, and all of them are the best and passionate with their work. Our wedding pictures and videos came out amazing and we cannot thank enough the team behind it . The food was superb , and the dj and MC was very entertaining and made everybody to dance. We had the best day of our lives and the most memorable wedding because of the amazing people behind Chapel of Orange. THANK YOU SO MUCH you guys are the best !!!!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Arielle H

I can't praise this chapel and Cheryl highly enough! My husband and I decided to travel to California to have our wedding and honeymoon all in one, so we chose an elopement ceremony for just the two of us. Even though we didn't have a traditional wedding, Cheryl and her vendors... Read More went way above and beyond to help us make our special day absolutely perfect. They had every detail covered that I can imagine and more, and made sure to accommodate all of our requests and questions. Our wedding felt like a true fairy tale and the photographer and videographer did an exceptional job capturing everything for us. We had a reception once we returned home and all of our guests raved about how beautiful the chapel is and the quality of the photography. I would definitely recommend this chapel to any brides looking to get married in this area of CA. Thank you for taking such great care of us and making our day so easy and special!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Erika A

We met with Cheryl 2 wks after we got engaged and when we entered the courtyard we knew Chapel of Orange is where we wanted to get married. We also knew we wanted to get married fast and only had 3-4 months to plan everything. And the all inclusive package was a huge benefit for... Read More us. Once we booked our date, our food tasting was scheduled. Chef Kya was amazing and the food options we selected were delicious. Cheryl helped us schedule appts with florist, cake tasting, dj and photographer. They also recommended a videograher that we were able to add on. All the vendors were great to work with! About a month before our big day we had our final appt to confirm linens, decorations, headcount. Cheryl and her team were so supportive and made planning a wedding enjoyable. Our big day was the best day of my life! I wish we could experience it again in slow motion :) Everything went as planned and Cheryl was even there working our wedding. We are so grateful to the Chapel of Orange and highly recommend this venue!!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Kelli C

We got married at the Chapel of Orange in March 2017. We could not be happier with the entire experience! From day one, Alyssa and Cheryl were so friendly and helpful! We highly recommend adding on the full coordination because Alyssa made everything so fun and easy (and it... Read More wasn't that expensive either)! We got to plan our dream wedding without doing any of the hard work or stressing about any of the small details. Alyssa was up front about everything and even helped with advice for things not related to the venue. She quickly answered every one of my emails or texts. The vendors were all professional and worked together so well. The whole day went perfectly without any hiccups! All of our guests raved about how beautiful the venue was and how much fun they had! Our wedding was more amazing than either of us thought possible. Alyssa, Cheryl, and all of the vendors went out of their way to make sure everything was exactly how we liked it to create the most personalized, magical day for us. Their hard work and caring attitudes truly paid off!!! The price was also really great for everything that was included! We definitely recommend the chapel for any couple wanting a beautiful, stress-free wedding day that their guests will love and remember.

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Beverly L

I have so many wonderful things to say I don't know where to start. First Alyssa was amazing and wonderful it was an absolute pleasure working with her. She made everything so easy. Now the chapel I mean if the pictures don't speak for themselves let me just say it's amazingly... Read More BEAUTIFUL! We had our dream wedding here almost 1 month ago 11/19/16. It's just so lovely I don't imagine having had our wedding elsewhere. My guest loved it! And omg the bridal room is the cutes thing. Another plus is you can take pictures all around and you really don't have to go anywhere else. I'm just so lucky to have found this chapel and to have worked with Alyssa and her team! Thank you so much I will never forget this day.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Ana G

Cheryl and Alyssa truly made our wedding day amazing!! Cheryl answered all of my emails (and there was hundreds) in a timely matter, and always accommodated any changes that I wanted to make. I am extremely grateful that I came across this venue and met Cheryl. I am a nursing... Read More student that had been planning this wedding mostly on my own, if I hadn't found this venue that had everything included it would have been super stressful and probably a mess. I really appreciate that The Chapel of Orange is really all inclusive and I didn't have to go out and search for additional vendors. All the vendors that Cheryl works with are very professional and give highly quality products. The food is to die for (thank you Chef Kaya), and Ashley Paige made sure to get all of the pictures we asked for.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

Seriously the most beautiful wedding venue in all of Orange county. Voted Winner of several OC competitions, "Best Wedding Venue" for 2016. Love, Love, Love this venue, not to mention their amazingly reasonable all-inclusive wedding packages! All of the vendors included in... Read More their packages have five star ratings and do exceptional work. Once you see this gorgeous old world, historical chapel and banquet room, you won't even consider going somewhere else. I'm so glad my fiancé and I found it!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kelly K

The Chapel of Orange was the only place my husband and I looked at when we toured wedding venues. Immediately after we cancelled our next appointments at places nearby and booked the Chapel. Because of it being all inclusive, I had the most stress free experience, even coworkers... Read More remarked just how relaxed I seemed! The Chapel and the grounds are so beautiful there isn't much need to spend extra on decorations. I am still having people raving about how pretty it was and what a good time they had. The whole planning experience was easy thanks to Alyssa! The flowers by Oceanic Flowers were beautiful, I couldn't believe them when I saw them. There are plenty of menus you can choose from and our food was so good (we actually ate on our wedding day, it was a priority for us!). Our DJ Chris kept everyone dancing (something I was so worried about!) and we had a lot of sing a longs-people were loving it! Our cake looked EXACTLY like the picture I sent and tasted delicious, Melissa of Love Cakes is so talented. Lastly, our photos were AMAZING! Ashley Paige is truly gifted and I can't even believe how beautiful our photos came out. Our day couldn't have been any better and it's all thanks to the Chapel and the staff! I HIGHLY recommend checking it out if you're looking for an affordable and all inclusive venue in Orange County!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Jane F

We had our wedding at the Chapel of Orange 2 days ago and it was the best decision ever! The Chapel is beautiful and is on the National Historical Registry which makes it even more special. The ballroom had recently been renovated and it turned out to be really gorgeous! When we... Read More had our tour of the place, we didn't look anywhere else, it's the one! Cheryl, the owner is such a wonderful person, she helped me with everything that I need. She reply to all my emails very, very quick! You can always rely on her, she reminded me of all the things that we need to do and she have everything that you would need, center pieces, table numbers, reception decorations... everything! She helped in everything and went above and beyond so that we have a beautiful and memorable wedding. She is very professional but you will feel that she really care to make your wedding really special. She and her team are really good people and very good at what they do.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Sallie C

Fantastic all-inclusive venue with personality and character. Unlike many all-inclusives, you can really customize your wedding with personal touches and make it your own. Great pricing too! The only drawback is that their a/c isn't very powerful - so this makes a summer wedding... Read More a bit warmer than desired. But that's only a small drawback for the wonderful services and a gorgeous venue! Thank you to Cheryl & Alyssa for making our wedding the happiest day of our lives!

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Mallory M

My husband and I got married at the Chapel of Orange in mid-January and we couldn’t be happier with our choice of venue. The atmosphere perfectly suited out nostalgic personalities. The historic spot was both beautiful and versatile. We decorated with vintage books, (flame-less)... Read More candles, and used minimal flowers; the result was stunning. The chapel, ballroom, and surrounding area provided a classic (and stunning) backdrop for our photos. They’re gorgeous. The best part of getting married at the Chapel was working with Cheryl! She provide all-inclusive packages where she will take care of almost everything that goes into wedding planning. Full disclosure – I absolutely dreaded having to plan my wedding. The idea of having to hunt for a caterer, photographer, florist, DJ, etc made me extremely stressed. Thank goodness we found Cheryl because she handled the booking and scheduling for all those moving parts. Our cost included (the stuff I’ve already listed) invites, décor, alcohol, and two (yes TWO) event coordinators for the night of our event. I can’t stress enough how helpful Cheryl was during the wedding planning process! I literally was able to tell her our “vision” for the wedding and I could sit back and relax because she had everything handled. She probably saved my husband and myself a few spats over silly little details. Oceanic Flowers – bouquets and boutonnieres were beautiful. Thy was super nice and was able to work with us within our budget. No Left-Overs Catering – Kia was a consummate professional. From our tasting up until our reception he was prompt in email responses and didn’t make us feel like a bother when we had some last minute/surprise “dietary issues” for him to adjust. The food was great! I didn’t notice any plates with leftover food as we walked around tables during dinner service. After dinner, Kia put on a suit and came around to make sure the event was going well. Ashley Paige – I love this photographer! Trying to get photos with everyone was potentially the most stressful part of the evening but our preplanning with Ashley helped us streamline that process (as much as possible) and we were able to join our guests during cocktail hour in no time. She was super prompt in getting us our prints (all 1,000 of them) in less than a month. DJ Chris – Was fun and lively. He kept the party going and followed our general “must play” and “don’t play” list. During our pre-event meet he had a lot of great ideas on how to order speeches, dances, songs, etc to make our reception flow smoothly and efficiently. Lindsey and Cheryl – The BEST wedding coordinators! They diffused and deflected a lot of drama during the reception that I didn’t hear about it until we returned from our honeymoon. They allowed my husband and myself to enjoy the evening without worrying if a guest changed their food order or potentially had a bit too much of the wine. I didn’t have the forethought to designate one person to collect our keepsake type items after the night but I didn’t have to worry about it because Cheryl and Lindsey made sure things like the cake topper, toasting glasses, etc were set aside. We really can’t praise this place enough! We highly recommend the Chapel of Orange to any bride (or groom) who wants a venue with personnel you can trust to deliver great service

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Laura F

There is so much to say about our wedding day at the Chapel of Orange! First of all, you can not go wrong with the location. Historic Orange neighborhood in a historic chapel? Yes, please! The Chapel and grounds are absolutely beautiful and well-kept. The owners have managed to... Read More maintain the historical integrity of the building while still providing modern amenities. What makes this venue great, however, is the people! The coordinator we worked with, Alyssa, was absolutely wonderful. I was a very busy bride, but she was always patient and on top of everything. I had a lot going on and I told everyone that the only reason I was able to plan a wedding was because of how helpful the venue is. I really like that everything is packaged with the venue. You do not have to waste your time wrangling in good vendors, as all the vendors provided to us were already top rated. Alyssa made sure everything was coordinated. I felt like all I had to do was show up and make decisions about what we wanted. The planning process was extremely enjoyable, and the wedding day even better! We chose to decorate the reception hall ourselves (we had a specific vision for the centerpieces in mind), but they do offer extra coordinating services for a reasonable price if you do not have the helping hands we did. Everything from the vendors arrived on time and was perfect, down to the details, and when it comes to your wedding day you will find that it is the details that make your nervous. Each vendor, the chef, florist, cake, photographer, and DJ were all VERY easy to work with and communicated well. I can not express what a good job our photographer did as well. We had two shooters, all included in the package. When I tell people about my wedding planning experience I have nothing but good things to say and many looked shocked. I am so happy that I have good memories of not just the wedding day itself, but the entire experience.

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Ruth H

What can I say about the Chapman Chapel? First of all let me say, I was incredibly fortunate to work with Cheryl and her amazing staff there. Cheryl is a doll to work with, she has an amazing way with people and I felt like she genuinely cared for me as a person. This is... Read More definitely one of the hardest industries to work in as some brides can be difficult, but Cheryl made sure that I didn't have to stress over the small details. If you can put what you want into words, Cheryl will find a way to make it happen. I got married on Saturday January 23, 2016 at 5 pm. The Chapel of Orange is a historical site located in the heart of Orange. It is literally a gem, that will make your guests feel as if they've stepped into a different world. As corny as that may sound, I had multiple guests that said that to me, that was the quote of the night. The venue was recently renovated and it is definitely one of a kind. You really have to see it in person. All of our guests walked out raving about the food. Melissa who takes care of making the cake was super sweet and she made sure to follow up with me about what I wanted. We ended up selecting the salted caramel and it was even more delicious the day of. Cheryl has put together a great group of vendors who are do-ers, you will not have to stress. I worked up until 3 pm the day of and had my wedding the next day. They do the stressing for you. Everything about our wedding was amazing and it was truly a fairy tale. There are very few times in my life where I can genuinely say that someone went above and beyond. The Chapel of Orange is one of those places where you will meet amazing people who you will want to stay in touch with. At the end of it all, you will feel as if you gained a family. If you're considering this place, stop by and check it out, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016

Absolutely gorgeous wedding venue, and my coordinator, Alyssa, was the best ever!! I cannot say enough good things about her! She was so accomodating, so sweet, and such a fun spirit to be around! She planned pretty much everything, and gave me input on things I wasn't sure... Read More about (which was pretty much everything). My wedding would not have been the same without her, and I absolutely would not have wanted anyone else by my side during this whole process! thank you so much, Alyssa! I can't say that enough! She is the absolute best, no questions asked!!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016

Cheryl is amazing and creates the most beautiful theme weddings and receptions. We had a beach-themed wedding and it was so unique. The remodeled ballroom is gorgeous. I would highly recommend this location for a wedding and reception.

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

Meet The President

Cheryl Gale

My husband will tell you that my passion has always been entertaining, whether doing over the top parties or weddings. So it only made sense that I would get into the wedding venue business. I didn’t want just any wedding venue, but a location that could truly make our clients’ fairytale wedding dreams come true. Upon stumbling upon this beautiful historical property with so much potential, we began a year long extensive remodel project, transforming this venue into a magnificent "dream like" wedding chapel, grounds and ballroom. I couldn't be happier with the stunning results. Check it out