The Chicory

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Originally one of the largest coffee warehouses in the United States, The Chicory is now a versatile event space offering couples the choice of four charming rooms for their wedding ceremony and reception in New Orleans, Louisiana. A grand wooden staircase and marble entryway also offer settings for memorable wedding photographs.

A rustic, yet elegant environment surrounds guests with brick walls, exposed wooden beams and a polished wooden floor. Gas lanterns and track lighting cast a glow on a ceremony or reception of 200 seated or 300 standing, guests. The Orleans Room is The Chicory's largest space at 3,000 square feet. Its long expanse lends itself well to a staging area for live entertainment at one end, dancing in the middle and seated dining at the other, with room for mingling throughout.

From an adjoining 2,000-square-foot balcony, Lafayette Room gives an urban view of Lafayette and Fulton streets. Guests can enjoy the built-in wooden bar and the rustic setting is akin to the Orleans Room. Up to 200 wedding guests can be accommodated here.

Adjacent to Orleans Room is the smaller Fulton Room. By itself, it can host a medium-sized gathering, but it can also be combined with its sister room for larger parties. Fulton Room offers 1,850 square feet of space.

Suited nicely as a private space, the Bridal Suite is 400 square feet and is most appropriate as a place for the bride and her entourage to prepare. For a grand entrance, the bride can walk directly into Orleans Room from the Bridal Suite.

Use of the Bridal Suite is complementary with a guarantee of 200 or more guests. Rental of any room includes an on-site manager during the event and a uniformed police officer, as well as china, glassware and stainless flatware; gold Charivari chairs; ivory linens; reserved tables for the bride and groom's family; and the wedding rehearsal.

The rehearsal is scheduled the day before the ceremony and must start no later than 4 p.m. On the day of the ceremony, the bride and bridesmaids cannot arrive earlier than one hour prior to the ceremony and the groom and remainder of the bridal party can arrive no earlier than 45 minutes before the ceremony. Formal photos are allowed only after the ceremony, except those taken within the bridal suite.

When decorations are not provided by a licensed professional company, they must adhere to the following guidelines:

• Fully assembled floral arrangements must be approved in advance and brought to The Chicory
  • Do-it-yourself centerpieces must be fully assembled for the staff to place on tables
  • Fee charged for setup of multiple-piece decor items
  • Candles other than votives need prior approval

Rose petals are allowed, but not glitter, confetti or rice. Sparklers and bubbles are allowed outside only. Couples may bring in photos and other personal items for the staff to display. Outside rental of chairs, tables and linens is allowed. Aisle runners must be installed by a licensed florist. If you have live entertainment, The Chicory stipulates that the band leader or DJ is responsible for all announcements including introductions, first dances, cake cutting, bouquet toss, garter toss and money dance.

A personal attendant is provided for the bride and groom when their wedding is hosted at The Chicory. In addition, in-house catering and beverage services are provided by Ernst Café, a locally owned-and-operated provider for over 106 years. Its wedding package features traditional New Orleans fare, some of which includes:

• Choice of up to eight hors d'oeuvres choices
  • Soups, including gumbos and bisques
  • Seafood and crawfish pastas
  • Carving station with baked ham, roasted turkey and beef

The Chicory

The Chicory, an elegant venue for your New Orleans wedding ceremony and reception, features exposed beams, brick walls, and gas lanterns. Originally built in 1852 as a coffee warehouse, The Chicory has maintained its simple name with New Orleans pride.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

610 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA (504) 521-8055

My dream wedding

Reviewed on 9/10/2013 julissa c

I absolutely loved the Chicory. It was everything I was looking for in a New Orleans themed wedding. The brick walls and wooden floors and doors made it very intimate and romantic. All of my guest loved the food and also the balcony facing the city. Yazmin, was my event... Read More coordinator and she was awesome. She knew exactly what I wanted and worked hard from the rehearsal till the last minute, sending my husband and I with lots of food to our hotel room. Its been two months since my wedding and everyone is still talking about it!!!!

Wonderful wedding venue!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2015 Megan G

We recently had our ceremony and reception at the Gallery space at the Chicory and can't say enough about the amazing experience we had! Working with Brent and Jenna was truly wonderful from the very beginning. They went above and beyond to meet our wants and needs and were so... Read More caring all along the way! It was a real joy to work with them and they had a huge part in making our wedding the success that it was. The venue itself is gorgeous and has such a distinct New Orleans feel that our out-of-town guests loved. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding!! Overall, I couldn't have been happier that we went with the Chicory--truly an outstanding experience and venue!!

Best Night Ever

Reviewed on 1/27/2014 Paige P

The Chicory was a fabulous venue for our New Orleans wedding. Everyone was so attentive and I have been told about 2 different weddings, that it was the best food guests have ever had at a wedding. All of the employees at the Chicory are wonderful and my wedding was truly the... Read More best night of my life. I would recommend this venue a million times over. It is a wonderful place.

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Rayne G

Choosing The Chicory for my reception was the best choice I made when planning my wedding. The staff was amazing. Brent made everything so easy and really went above and beyond my expectations. Our attendants for the night made sure that we had drinks and enough food. My... Read More guests are still talking about how amazing the food was. Some have said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding and I absolutely agree! I have dreams about that crawfish and brie dip! Not only was the food and staff amazing but the venue itself is gorgeous! I didn't have a ton of decorations because it is not even needed. I really can't say enough about how amazing The Chicory is. It was truly the best night ever and I give credit to the awesome staff at The Chicory!

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Noel S

Our reception at The Gallery at The Chicory was beautiful, and we had amazing food and bar! Seriously, there in-house catering can't be beat! Brent and Jenna were great were great to work with, both in planning the event and day of!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Bri A

Amazing! Request an extra hour before the ceremony for getting ready if you're planning to take pictures before the wedding at the venue.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Cristina G

I cannot say enough incredible things about this beautiful event space and the AWESOME people who work there. We did our wedding reception in the Gallery (the downstairs area to the Chicory) and everything went to PERFECTION!! From day one Brent was amazing to work with. We... Read More were planning all of it long distance and he made sure to walk us through each and every step. He helped us with ideas, food options and was incredibly accommodating to our needs. Best venue manager out there! On the day of, each attendant at our reception was phenomenal, but Jenna, our coordinator, outdid herself! She made sure everything was on time, looked perfect, and kept things running smoothly. If there was a bump in the road, we didn't even notice because Jenna got to it before anyone. Not only was the space beautiful and you can do so much with it, but the food was unreal. Every single thing we ate was delicious! I can go on and on about the incredible experience we had at the Chicory , but you should book your event there and see for yourself. They made our wedding the most perfect, magical day of our lives! So glad we chose them!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Freida H

My daughter was recently married in September of 2016 at The Chicory and already my husband is saying that he's ready to plan their one year anniversary party at The Chicory. This venue is located in the heart of New Orleans and located on famous Fulton Street! The atmosphere... Read More alone Is amzingly beautiful and the attention to the details was off the charts. Everything from the food to the individual care provided to the immediate family reception tables was unbelievable! Nothing and I mean nothing went wrong. While touring this beautiful venue early on we were promised food until the guests stopped eating and they were not kidding. Friends and family are still commenting on how delicious, fresh and hot off the stove the food items were. Nothing came out cold or even lukewarm. The chef is a master at preparing traditional New Orleans style food and we just can't say thank you enough to him for everything that he did. Try the Moonshine Milksakes as a late night pass around. You won't be sorry! If you are looking for a truly breathtaking venue that represents everything that represents traditional New Orleans then The Chicory is your venue! Our only regret is that we don't have another daughter. If we did...we would head straight to The Chicory for her wedding, too. You just can't go wrong. Don't slight yourself. The Chicory is fabulous in every way!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kale P

It was an all inclusive venue. We had plenty of options on food, all of which were excellent. It made things less stressful leading up to the big day. The venue itself is beautiful and echoes the best aspects of New Orleans design, from the exposed brick to the gas lantern... Read More lights to the open balcony over Fulton Square. You will not be disappointed with the surroundings. The attendants made sure that my wife and I never wanted for a drink or food, and they did the same for our parents. They were always there when we needed them, but we never felt like they were hovering. It was quite nice. The staff coordinated with us ahead of time so that every vendor was where they needed to be. All and all, it was exactly what we were looking for.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Amy L

It is impossible to put into words just how amazing this place is. Everything was absolutely perfect and we felt so taken care of. Jenna, Brent , and our two attendants were incredible. Both Jenna and Brent were on site the night of our wedding and made sure everything ran... Read More without a hitch. (Even before the wedding, random questions came up and either Brent or Jenna always responded within a timely manner.) People are still raving about the crab bisque and the optional mash"tini" bar we opted for.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Carly K

The entire wedding absolutely loved The Chicory. From Brent and Jenna running the show, to the incredible food, it really is the perfect 1-stop venue for almost every vendor your might need for your wedding. We had no interest in hiring caters, bartenders, setup and cleanup... Read More people, etc. and were really pleased that The Chicory provided all of that. The Chicory has a rustic New Orleans feel with the exposed bricks and gas lanterns. We highly recommend it for your wedding in New Orleans!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

My husband and I got married at The Chicory and all I can say is wow! The Chicory is a gorgeous venue with the most amazing food! We had 250 guests and used the Fulton, Orleans and Lafayette Rooms for our reception. Everything was perfect from the decor to the food to the... Read More staff. We had guests come in from all over the country and they were completely blown away. Many of them had never experience a New Orleans style cocktail reception and they were all telling me how much fun it was and how it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Thank you so much to the Chicory staff! We would do the whole thing all over again in a heartbeat! Look no further for your venue. This is the place to be!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Stephanie M

The chicory was absolutely stunning and everything we hoped for. Planning our wedding from New Jersey wasn't the simplest task. But Brett and Jenna made the planning much easier. Brett was quick to respond to emails and answer any and all questions we had. Jenna was great from... Read More the start. She was organized and quick and manager our bridal party of 17 perfectly! Which with our group is hard to do! The night of the wedding Jenna was on top of everything! She made sure my husband and I got all he passed food and ensured the attendants always put a drink in our hand!!! Everyone was so attentive and sweet and because of that we were able to relax and enjoy the most Amazing day of our lives. Have your wedding here!!! Beautiful venue, great food and excellent service!! Thanks Brett and Jenna!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Robin S

We absolutely loved working with the Chicory! Brent was incredibly helpful with any / all questions leading up to the big day, and seamlessly guided us into the help of Jenna - who took care of us on the wedding day itself. --- The space is gorgeous and perfect if you're looking... Read More for a romantic Old New Orleans location. Also, the food provided is excellent! Can't say enough good things! Our wedding was on a Sunday, so they floated us a little bit of a deal, which was of course helpful. Thank you, Chicory team! We had a fabulous day!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

My daughter was married at the Chicory in July and I would give it six stars if I could. The personal attention given to us by Brent and the staff was superb and our guests were wowed by both the venue and the food. Planning was a breeze by the helpfulness and consideration of... Read More the Chicory staff. Very appreciated was the fact that we were not nickled and dimed at every turn - so accommodating! I had been pretty much sold on another venue until I went to the Chicory, but the difference in the willingness to please and personal attention changed my mind. Great decision!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Samantha S

My husband and I had our reception at The Chicory this past NYE. Everything was absolutely perfect! Six months later, I still have wedding guests telling me it was the best reception they've ever been to. Brent and Gina made the planning process so much easier. Gina organized... Read More the resection so well; I was completely stress-free the entire night! I couldn't recommend them more!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Lisa

Everything about the Chicory is wonderful! It was a pleasure working with Brent, planning the wedding. On the night of the wedding, Jenna and the rest of the staff couldn't be more helpful. Not only did we find the staff professional and personable, but also open. They... Read More shared honest opinions and suggestions, which is rare in event plannning. Plus, my guests raved about the setting and food.

Reviewed on 2/29/2016 Hilary B

We can't speak highly enough about The Chicory and it's staff for this weekend. My daughter's wedding was a tremendous success and was enjoyed by all. The outstanding service, food and beverage and overall atmosphere provided a day that Hilary and Cameron will look back on for... Read More many years to come! Working with Brent and Jenna made this special event effortless! A million thanks to all who were apart of the event!

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Caroline L

Loved the Chicory for my wedding reception! Brent and Jenna were amazing to work with and took away all of our stress! Everything was beautiful!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015

My daughters wedding was held 12/20/15 at The Chicory. From the moment we booked this venue, we were taken care of by their eager-to-please staff. I can't over state how wonderful The Chicory is. It's beautiful-we had minimal decorations and the place looked amazing! The food... Read More was delicious and several guests expressed to me it was the best wedding reception food they have ever had! We were taken care of from start to finish! I would HIGHLY recommend The Chicory to anyone that wants a classy, elegant New Orleans wedding! I can't wait to use this facility again!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Amanda P

BEST VENUE EVER to have your wedding ceremony and reception. We had our ceremony at The Chicory and our reception downstairs at The Gallery which is the new addition to The Chicory. We had around 150 guests and that room was perfect for all of us. Everyone was ranting and... Read More raving about how GREAT the food taste. The service was excellent and taking care of my husband and I and ran things smoothly. I would highly recommend this to anyone that wants their extra special New Orleans style wedding.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Jennifer H

I cannot say enough good things about the Chicory. From the initial viewing with Brent, to the tasting (omg...so much food), to the wedding day everything was fantastic. They escorted my husband and I into the bridal suite after the wedding to make sure that we got some of the... Read More delicious food before we partied the night away. We also had attendants that never left our side. On top of that, our families also had attendants that made sure they were all taken care of. We have had so many guests compliment the beauty of the site, as well as the amazing food and atmosphere!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

The Chicory has everything you could want for a wedding reception. The venue is absolutely beautiful. The food was delicious and plentiful. Also as parents of the groom we had an attendant that made sure we had food, drink and anything else we needed. That was very much... Read More appreciated. Friends and family members are still raving about the "amazing"wedding reception, Thanks to the staff for making it a perfect night for the bride and groom and all the guests.