The Chicory

New Orleans, LA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The Chicory

A BALLROOM IN NEW ORLEANS, LA

Originally one of the largest coffee warehouses in the United States, The Chicory is now a versatile event space offering couples the choice of four charming rooms for their wedding ceremony and reception in New Orleans, Louisiana. A grand wooden staircase and marble entryway also offer settings for memorable wedding photographs.

A rustic, yet elegant environment surrounds guests with brick walls, exposed wooden beams and a polished wooden floor. Gas lanterns and track lighting cast a glow on a ceremony or reception. The Orleans, Lafayette and Fulton rooms make up The Chicory event space. The Orleans Room is The Chicory's largest space at 3,000 square feet. Its long expanse lends itself well to a staging area for live entertainment at one end, dancing in the middle and seated dining at the other, with room for mingling throughout.

From an adjoining 2,000-square-foot balcony, Lafayette Room gives an urban view of Lafayette and Fulton streets. Guests can enjoy the built-in wooden bar and the rustic setting is akin to the Orleans Room.

Adjacent to Orleans Room is the smaller Fulton Room. By itself, it can host a medium-sized gathering, but it can also be combined with its sister room for larger parties. Fulton Room offers 1,850 square feet of space.

Suited nicely as a private space, the Bridal Suite is 400 square feet and is most appropriate as a place for the bride and her entourage to prepare. For a grand entrance, the bride can walk directly into Orleans Room from the Bridal Suite.

Use of the Bridal Suite is complementary with a guarantee of 200 or more guests. Rental of any room includes an on-site manager during the event and a uniformed police officer, as well as china, glassware and stainless flatware; gold Charivari chairs; ivory linens; reserved tables for the bride and groom's family; and the wedding rehearsal.

The rehearsal is scheduled the day before the ceremony and must start no later than 4 p.m. On the day of the ceremony, the bride and bridesmaids cannot arrive earlier than one hour prior to the ceremony and the groom and remainder of the bridal party can arrive no earlier than 1.5 hours before the ceremony. Formal photos are allowed only after the ceremony, except those taken within the bridal suite.

When decorations are not provided by a licensed professional company, they must adhere to the following guidelines:

• Fully assembled floral arrangements must be approved in advance and brought to The Chicory
  • Do-it-yourself centerpieces must be fully assembled for the staff to place on tables
  • Fee charged for setup of multiple-piece decor items
  • Candles other than votives need prior approval

Rose petals are allowed, but not glitter, confetti or rice. Bubbles are allowed outside only. Couples may bring in photos and other personal items for the staff to display. Outside rental of chairs, tables and linens is allowed. Aisle runners must be installed by a licensed florist. If you have live entertainment, The Chicory stipulates that the band leader or DJ is responsible for all announcements including introductions, first dances, cake cutting, bouquet toss, garter toss and money dance.

A personal attendants are provided for the bride and groom when their wedding is hosted at The Chicory. In addition, in-house catering and beverage services are provided by in-house chef. Its wedding package features traditional New Orleans fare, some of which includes:

• Choice of up to eight hors d'oeuvres choices
  • Soups, including gumbos and bisques
  • Seafood and crawfish pastas
  • Carving station with baked ham, roasted turkey and beef

The Chicory

The Chicory, an elegant venue for your New Orleans wedding ceremony and reception, features exposed beams, brick walls, and gas lanterns. Originally built in 1852 as a coffee warehouse, The Chicory has maintained its simple name with New Orleans pride.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

610 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA (504) 521-8055
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Jamie O

We are blown away by just how perfect our ceremony and reception were at The Chicory! I can't ever thank Brent, Jenna, and all the staff enough for making our dream wedding come true! And the food was amazing! Everything was beyond perfect from beginning to end! I would highly... Read More recommend The Chicory to anyone that is looking to make their dream wedding ceremony and/or reception a reality!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Rayne G

Choosing The Chicory for my reception was the best choice I made when planning my wedding. The staff was amazing. Brent made everything so easy and really went above and beyond my expectations. Our attendants for the night made sure that we had drinks and enough food. My... Read More guests are still talking about how amazing the food was. Some have said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding and I absolutely agree! I have dreams about that crawfish and brie dip! Not only was the food and staff amazing but the venue itself is gorgeous! I didn't have a ton of decorations because it is not even needed. I really can't say enough about how amazing The Chicory is. It was truly the best night ever and I give credit to the awesome staff at The Chicory!

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Noel S

Our reception at The Gallery at The Chicory was beautiful, and we had amazing food and bar! Seriously, there in-house catering can't be beat! Brent and Jenna were great were great to work with, both in planning the event and day of!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 katie p

Highly highly recommend this venue for a wedding reception! The building is gorgeous and has so much New Orleans charm. The in-house catering was remarkable and there were so many options. Lastly, the staff was absolutely amazing. They were so easy to work with to make sure... Read More everything went as planned. We were so happy with how our wedding reception turned out!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Rachel d

Words simply cannot express the level of purely polished professionalism, courtesy, beauty, and kindness that The Chicory holds. I remembered The Chicory from attending a previous wedding when my husband and I were looking for a venue. After he saw the spot and what they had... Read More to offer, he was with me 100%. I do not think I will ever be able to thank Brent enough for how amazingly friendly and masterfully skilled he is at what he does. He talked my husband and I through every part of the ceremony and reception and was excited about our vision of having a brunch for dinner! Our guests raved about the delicious omelet station, shrimp and grits, and french toast. No question or concern was too many! There was a bridal suite to use throughout the night which definitely came in handy. Furthermore, Jenna was a joy to work with in the weeks leading up to the wedding and as our day of coordinator. Any small moments I wanted, like a first look with my father or reading a letter with my soon-to-be husband on opposites sides of a door were worked into the schedule before the wedding. She was so attentive to my wants and needs. I simply felt at ease with her running the show. After the wedding, my husband and I both spent time raving about how wonderful the entire staff was! We each had an attendant that always refilled our drink or got us food. The entire staff was so extremely friendly, polite, and just happy to be a part of our wedding. I am so proud and honored that we got married at The Chicory. Inside those doors is something made of heaven. Yes, the venue is beautiful. However, I truly think it is the people we worked with, each and every staff member, that made our wedding one for the books. We will never be able to thank you enough, and we wish each of you success and a bright future!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Katie M

The Chicory was fantastic throughout the entire planning process of our wedding! All of my guests raved about the food and how amazing the venue was. We loved it.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Daniel G

I wish I could climb on top of a mountain and tell everyone who is in the process of planning a wedding in New Orleans not to look past the Chicory. This is the most amazing, professional venue there is in the city. And I'm sure it's one of the best in the entire gulf south.... Read More What's so terrific? The Venue. The venue itself is a perfect New Orleans backdrop. The location is incredible - right in the heart of the warehouse district. There are countless high quality hotels around the venue and it is basically connected to Harrah's - which offers well lit, affordable parking. The interior is amazing and you don't have to spend much money at all decorating because it's ready just the way it is. So many halls we looked at needed major decorations to bring them to life - but not this one - it's perfect the way it is. You can spend lots of money decking this place out - you can put in candles in the bottom hall and even hang chandelier from the ceiling. But the truth is you don't need to - it's amazing the way it is. The three room/balcony setup is perfect for a New Orleans wedding. Your guests can be in the middle room in a lively, dance friendly environment, or be in one of the exterior rooms or the balcony and barely hear the music and just relax. There is food at all times - they never run out - and it's perfect for different types of guests. What's so terrific? The Staff. You know that feeling of not really being sure that you get when you are looking at venues? You just want to find the right place where the people seem to care as much about your big day as you. This is that place. When you set up an appointment and meet Brent you will be somewhat shocked that he is so down to earth and not snooty at all. He's like an instant friend. He is selling the top venue in the area and he knows it. He won't pressure you and he'll be honest. The truth is that you are lucky if there's an open date that works with your wedding and my advice is to seriously consider it. During the process you'll get to work with Brent and he'll get back to you within 24 hours every time. Planning a wedding is hard enough - and you'll have a million questions - and it's so nice that he gets back to you right away. When it's getting closer to the final date you'll meet Jenna - who is someone you just should listen to and follow her lead. She is the wedding coordinator at the venue and she was born to do it. She makes quick, definite decisions and keeps everyone up to do with any adjustments or changes. These people know what they are doing - and you should follow their lead. What's so terrific? The food. Every aspect of the food is great. The passed around appetizers, the salad spreads, the cheeses, soups, and the main courses. We went with the basic package and it was more than we could have ever needed. There are a million ways to add on to the menu so go crazy if you want but the basic menu is perfect. Ray, the head chef, is not only great at what he does but very personable. You can email him directly or talk one on one about your ideas and he'll listen. One of the best moments of our wedding was when he came out to shake my hand at the end of the night and ask how everything was - total class all the way. What's so terrific? The value. When we first walked into the Chicory we felt it was one of the higher priced venues in the city and that made us nervous. But the value you end up getting is incredible - so much is included. And the experience is one of a kind.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Marcelle B

I had my ceremony and reception at the Chicory and it was amazing. The staff was so helpful, the food was delicious, and the venue was absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Bri A

Amazing! Request an extra hour before the ceremony for getting ready if you're planning to take pictures before the wedding at the venue.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Cristina G

I cannot say enough incredible things about this beautiful event space and the AWESOME people who work there. We did our wedding reception in the Gallery (the downstairs area to the Chicory) and everything went to PERFECTION!! From day one Brent was amazing to work with. We... Read More were planning all of it long distance and he made sure to walk us through each and every step. He helped us with ideas, food options and was incredibly accommodating to our needs. Best venue manager out there! On the day of, each attendant at our reception was phenomenal, but Jenna, our coordinator, outdid herself! She made sure everything was on time, looked perfect, and kept things running smoothly. If there was a bump in the road, we didn't even notice because Jenna got to it before anyone. Not only was the space beautiful and you can do so much with it, but the food was unreal. Every single thing we ate was delicious! I can go on and on about the incredible experience we had at the Chicory , but you should book your event there and see for yourself. They made our wedding the most perfect, magical day of our lives! So glad we chose them!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Freida H

My daughter was recently married in September of 2016 at The Chicory and already my husband is saying that he's ready to plan their one year anniversary party at The Chicory. This venue is located in the heart of New Orleans and located on famous Fulton Street! The atmosphere... Read More alone Is amzingly beautiful and the attention to the details was off the charts. Everything from the food to the individual care provided to the immediate family reception tables was unbelievable! Nothing and I mean nothing went wrong. While touring this beautiful venue early on we were promised food until the guests stopped eating and they were not kidding. Friends and family are still commenting on how delicious, fresh and hot off the stove the food items were. Nothing came out cold or even lukewarm. The chef is a master at preparing traditional New Orleans style food and we just can't say thank you enough to him for everything that he did. Try the Moonshine Milksakes as a late night pass around. You won't be sorry! If you are looking for a truly breathtaking venue that represents everything that represents traditional New Orleans then The Chicory is your venue! Our only regret is that we don't have another daughter. If we did...we would head straight to The Chicory for her wedding, too. You just can't go wrong. Don't slight yourself. The Chicory is fabulous in every way!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kale P

It was an all inclusive venue. We had plenty of options on food, all of which were excellent. It made things less stressful leading up to the big day. The venue itself is beautiful and echoes the best aspects of New Orleans design, from the exposed brick to the gas lantern... Read More lights to the open balcony over Fulton Square. You will not be disappointed with the surroundings. The attendants made sure that my wife and I never wanted for a drink or food, and they did the same for our parents. They were always there when we needed them, but we never felt like they were hovering. It was quite nice. The staff coordinated with us ahead of time so that every vendor was where they needed to be. All and all, it was exactly what we were looking for.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Amy L

It is impossible to put into words just how amazing this place is. Everything was absolutely perfect and we felt so taken care of. Jenna, Brent , and our two attendants were incredible. Both Jenna and Brent were on site the night of our wedding and made sure everything ran... Read More without a hitch. (Even before the wedding, random questions came up and either Brent or Jenna always responded within a timely manner.) People are still raving about the crab bisque and the optional mash"tini" bar we opted for.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Carly K

The entire wedding absolutely loved The Chicory. From Brent and Jenna running the show, to the incredible food, it really is the perfect 1-stop venue for almost every vendor your might need for your wedding. We had no interest in hiring caters, bartenders, setup and cleanup... Read More people, etc. and were really pleased that The Chicory provided all of that. The Chicory has a rustic New Orleans feel with the exposed bricks and gas lanterns. We highly recommend it for your wedding in New Orleans!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

My husband and I got married at The Chicory and all I can say is wow! The Chicory is a gorgeous venue with the most amazing food! We had 250 guests and used the Fulton, Orleans and Lafayette Rooms for our reception. Everything was perfect from the decor to the food to the... Read More staff. We had guests come in from all over the country and they were completely blown away. Many of them had never experience a New Orleans style cocktail reception and they were all telling me how much fun it was and how it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Thank you so much to the Chicory staff! We would do the whole thing all over again in a heartbeat! Look no further for your venue. This is the place to be!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Stephanie M

The chicory was absolutely stunning and everything we hoped for. Planning our wedding from New Jersey wasn't the simplest task. But Brett and Jenna made the planning much easier. Brett was quick to respond to emails and answer any and all questions we had. Jenna was great from... Read More the start. She was organized and quick and manager our bridal party of 17 perfectly! Which with our group is hard to do! The night of the wedding Jenna was on top of everything! She made sure my husband and I got all he passed food and ensured the attendants always put a drink in our hand!!! Everyone was so attentive and sweet and because of that we were able to relax and enjoy the most Amazing day of our lives. Have your wedding here!!! Beautiful venue, great food and excellent service!! Thanks Brett and Jenna!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Robin S

We absolutely loved working with the Chicory! Brent was incredibly helpful with any / all questions leading up to the big day, and seamlessly guided us into the help of Jenna - who took care of us on the wedding day itself. --- The space is gorgeous and perfect if you're looking... Read More for a romantic Old New Orleans location. Also, the food provided is excellent! Can't say enough good things! Our wedding was on a Sunday, so they floated us a little bit of a deal, which was of course helpful. Thank you, Chicory team! We had a fabulous day!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

My daughter was married at the Chicory in July and I would give it six stars if I could. The personal attention given to us by Brent and the staff was superb and our guests were wowed by both the venue and the food. Planning was a breeze by the helpfulness and consideration of... Read More the Chicory staff. Very appreciated was the fact that we were not nickled and dimed at every turn - so accommodating! I had been pretty much sold on another venue until I went to the Chicory, but the difference in the willingness to please and personal attention changed my mind. Great decision!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Samantha S

My husband and I had our reception at The Chicory this past NYE. Everything was absolutely perfect! Six months later, I still have wedding guests telling me it was the best reception they've ever been to. Brent and Gina made the planning process so much easier. Gina organized... Read More the resection so well; I was completely stress-free the entire night! I couldn't recommend them more!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Lisa

Everything about the Chicory is wonderful! It was a pleasure working with Brent, planning the wedding. On the night of the wedding, Jenna and the rest of the staff couldn't be more helpful. Not only did we find the staff professional and personable, but also open. They... Read More shared honest opinions and suggestions, which is rare in event plannning. Plus, my guests raved about the setting and food.

Reviewed on 2/29/2016 Hilary B

We can't speak highly enough about The Chicory and it's staff for this weekend. My daughter's wedding was a tremendous success and was enjoyed by all. The outstanding service, food and beverage and overall atmosphere provided a day that Hilary and Cameron will look back on for... Read More many years to come! Working with Brent and Jenna made this special event effortless! A million thanks to all who were apart of the event!

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Caroline L

Loved the Chicory for my wedding reception! Brent and Jenna were amazing to work with and took away all of our stress! Everything was beautiful!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015

My daughters wedding was held 12/20/15 at The Chicory. From the moment we booked this venue, we were taken care of by their eager-to-please staff. I can't over state how wonderful The Chicory is. It's beautiful-we had minimal decorations and the place looked amazing! The food... Read More was delicious and several guests expressed to me it was the best wedding reception food they have ever had! We were taken care of from start to finish! I would HIGHLY recommend The Chicory to anyone that wants a classy, elegant New Orleans wedding! I can't wait to use this facility again!