The Chicory

The Chicory, an elegant venue for your New Orleans wedding ceremony and reception, features exposed beams, brick walls, and gas lanterns. Originally built in 1852 as a coffee warehouse, The Chicory has maintained its simple name with New Orleans pride.

• Outdoor - Covered

Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

610 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA (504) 521-8055
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Jamie O

We are blown away by just how perfect our ceremony and reception were at The Chicory! I can't ever thank Brent, Jenna, and all the staff enough for making our dream wedding come true! And the food was amazing! Everything was beyond perfect from beginning to end! I would highly... Read More recommend The Chicory to anyone that is looking to make their dream wedding ceremony and/or reception a reality!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Rayne G

Choosing The Chicory for my reception was the best choice I made when planning my wedding. The staff was amazing. Brent made everything so easy and really went above and beyond my expectations. Our attendants for the night made sure that we had drinks and enough food. My... Read More guests are still talking about how amazing the food was. Some have said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding and I absolutely agree! I have dreams about that crawfish and brie dip! Not only was the food and staff amazing but the venue itself is gorgeous! I didn't have a ton of decorations because it is not even needed. I really can't say enough about how amazing The Chicory is. It was truly the best night ever and I give credit to the awesome staff at The Chicory!

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Noel S

Our reception at The Gallery at The Chicory was beautiful, and we had amazing food and bar! Seriously, there in-house catering can't be beat! Brent and Jenna were great were great to work with, both in planning the event and day of!

Reviewed on 4/11/2018 Amy Lucille O

BEST. DECISION. EVER. The Chicory was beyond incredible for our wedding ceremony and reception. Not only is the venue beautiful and in a great location, but the staff is absolutely incredible. Caroline and Brent are excellent communicators and made the entire planning process... Read More easy and stress free. We live out of town and Brent was very accommodating in scheduling our private tasting for a time that worked for us. Not only was the food exceptional and the wine plentiful but it was one of the best and most fun meals we've ever had! (Thanks Brent!). Day of, I didn't worry about a single thing. Everything ran flawlessly. Caroline and the attendants were there the whole time making sure we had food and drinks and to help guide us to where we needed to be. Every one of our guests commented that it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding. We love the Chicory!

Reviewed on 4/02/2018 Kate K

If there was one thing we did right in planning our wedding it was choosing The Chicory!! They made the whole process so easy on us and were extremely accommodating. We were planning the wedding from out of town and that was a big worry when we started but The Chicory totally... Read More set our minds at ease. Brent and Jenna were fantastic, as were all the staff, and we did not have one single thing go wrong the entire day! We had a morning brunch wedding with all of the classic brunch items (bloody mary's/mimosas, shrimp and grits, beignets, etc.) and many of our guests said that was the BEST food they had the entire time they were in New Orleans. We could not have asked for a better experience. There are not enough thank-you's in the world!!

Reviewed on 3/10/2018 Erin R

We immediately fell in love with the venue and with Brent. However, we were even more impressed once we began planning. The Chicory staff went above and beyond in every way. Brent was always available to answer our questions and always responded promptly. We felt that our... Read More wedding was in very capable hands and now that it’s over we can truly say that the Chicory has an awesome team! Special thank you to Jenna for an amazing job coordinating on our day and performing the miracle of getting a 3 year old to walk down the isle with his entire tux intact. The food and service were impeccable and our guests haven’t stopped raving about it. We can’t thank y’all enough. True class act.

Reviewed on 2/11/2018 Brent M

We couldn't have been happier with our wedding at the Chicory. Brent, Jenna, and team were amazing to work with--were flexible when needed, and also good at saying what would work well/wouldn't with their venue (versus over-promising). Additionally, and this was huge for us,... Read More as out-of-towners: every vendor they recommended was perfect. We took their vendor recommendations, greatly simplifying our process (and making a Wedding Planner unnecessary), and all of them worked out extremely well. We also had several custom elements we threw at them last minute, which they accommodated flawlessly. We'd recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Ashley T

This was hands down the BEST decision we made for our venue. Everyone was so helpful and they made the planning process so easy. The venue itself is gorgeous. The staff made sure it was the wedding of our dreams! It was a wonderful place to have a ceremony and reception. Our... Read More guests had the most amazing time as well.

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Jessica G

- [ ] We couldn’t have chosen a better venue (The Gallery) for our wedding. We booked it about 14 months in advance because we weren’t based locally, and Brent was super responsive during the entire process any time I reached out with questions. As it got closer, Brent and team... Read More were quick to communicate with any details that needed input from us. But honestly, during the site visit he made us feel so comfortable, that I knew we could trust whatever they thought would work best. Caroline, who oversaw our wedding, was also amazing. There was apparently a much larger wedding going on during ours, but we never felt that way (only finding out later). She truly made us feel like we were her focus. The venue itself is beautiful and doesn’t need a whole lot, but also malleable in that it takes on whatever style of decor you choose. If we had to do it again, we would choose The Gallery every time. Thanks guys!

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Angel D

I recently had my ceremony and reception at the Chicory. Everyone there was both professional and friendly. Brent and Caroline were exceptionally wonderful and helpful throughout the planning process. Our friends and family raved over the beautiful space and the delicious food.... Read More Thank you for playing such a huge part in making our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Rachel F

I cannot express my thanks enough to Brent and crew at the Chicory. Our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour were planned to take place on Fulton Street (A cute cobblestone street right outside of the chicory owned by Harrahs). A week before the wedding was to take place we were... Read More told that the contract for the space was done in error and that crowd control would not be available. There was an LSU game happening at the same time of our ceremony so having the wedding outside (where there are outdoor TVs etc) when Harrah's was not going to cooperate with crowd control was a fatal blow to our ceremony plans. Needless to say we were freaking out a little. In comes Brent and The Chicory crew to save the day. We had already been planning the reception at the chicory and when Brent caught wind of our issues he immediately went to work to help us. Within a day of him hearing about the issue, he had plans to take on the ceremony and cocktail hour at the Chicory. We had about 250 guests, so I know this was not as easy as he made it seem. We were still a little nervous given the last minute changes but everything went off without a hitch! It made it very easy to be calm on the wedding day knowing Brent was there making sure everything was going smoothly. He is so fun, kind, experienced and was truly a joy to work with. The chicory itself is so beautiful and has an authentic new orleans feel that we loved and were excited to shares with our guests. The Chicory is in a great location for out of town guests as well given there are so many hotels, restaurants and attractions in walking distance. I would definitely recommend The Chicory to any couple looking to get married in New Orleans.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 J S

I had my Rehearsal Dinner at The Chicory in September 2017. From the moment my fiancée and I met Brent during our initial tour to the actual event, everything was PERFECT. Brent and his team (Jenna and Caroline) were super accommodating and helped us host a super memorable... Read More event for our 200 of our loved ones. The planning was super easy and they set up everything beautifully. We had a ton of food options to choose from and they provided some specialty items for the vegans and vegetarians in my family. I was running around taking pictures the entire time, so I didn't get a chance to actually eat, but EVERYONE was (and still is) talking about how good the food was that night. Overall we were very impressed with the venue, service, food, staff, etc. that night and will definitely consider hosting other events at The Chicory in the future.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Elise T

Huge thank you to Brent, Jenna and the Chicory staff! Speaking on behalf of myself, husband and family we absolutely loved working with all of you! From the moment we showed up randomly the day after getting engaged we knew we wanted our reception at the Chicory. Brent was so... Read More professional and pleasurable to work with throughout the entire process! We met Jenna, the operation manager, closer to the wedding to finalize everything and again was blown away by her ability to be 5 steps ahead of my mom and I. Seriously, I didn't have to worry about anything through the entire planning process nor that night! One of our favorite parts of planning was the tasting/vendor event! You, your husband and 2 guests get to attend an event at the chicory to taste the menu and meet vendors. This was so much and fun and we definitely did not leave hungry! The reception was amazing! We have received so many compliments about the food and the lack of back up at the bar! My husband and I each had a personal attendant and they were also great! At one point I mentioned how hot I was from dancing and running around and they offered to have me stand in the walk in cooler for a few minutes...IT WAS THE BEST! Highly, highly recommend having your wedding, reception or any event at the Chicory! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 katie p

Highly highly recommend this venue for a wedding reception! The building is gorgeous and has so much New Orleans charm. The in-house catering was remarkable and there were so many options. Lastly, the staff was absolutely amazing. They were so easy to work with to make sure... Read More everything went as planned. We were so happy with how our wedding reception turned out!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Rachel d

Words simply cannot express the level of purely polished professionalism, courtesy, beauty, and kindness that The Chicory holds. I remembered The Chicory from attending a previous wedding when my husband and I were looking for a venue. After he saw the spot and what they had... Read More to offer, he was with me 100%. I do not think I will ever be able to thank Brent enough for how amazingly friendly and masterfully skilled he is at what he does. He talked my husband and I through every part of the ceremony and reception and was excited about our vision of having a brunch for dinner! Our guests raved about the delicious omelet station, shrimp and grits, and french toast. No question or concern was too many! There was a bridal suite to use throughout the night which definitely came in handy. Furthermore, Jenna was a joy to work with in the weeks leading up to the wedding and as our day of coordinator. Any small moments I wanted, like a first look with my father or reading a letter with my soon-to-be husband on opposites sides of a door were worked into the schedule before the wedding. She was so attentive to my wants and needs. I simply felt at ease with her running the show. After the wedding, my husband and I both spent time raving about how wonderful the entire staff was! We each had an attendant that always refilled our drink or got us food. The entire staff was so extremely friendly, polite, and just happy to be a part of our wedding. I am so proud and honored that we got married at The Chicory. Inside those doors is something made of heaven. Yes, the venue is beautiful. However, I truly think it is the people we worked with, each and every staff member, that made our wedding one for the books. We will never be able to thank you enough, and we wish each of you success and a bright future!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Shannon n

Beyond every expectation!!! My wedding couldn't have gone any smoother and I definitely recommend this place for anything you do it's worth the price.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Katie M

The Chicory was fantastic throughout the entire planning process of our wedding! All of my guests raved about the food and how amazing the venue was. We loved it.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Daniel G

I wish I could climb on top of a mountain and tell everyone who is in the process of planning a wedding in New Orleans not to look past the Chicory. This is the most amazing, professional venue there is in the city. And I'm sure it's one of the best in the entire gulf south.... Read More What's so terrific? The Venue. The venue itself is a perfect New Orleans backdrop. The location is incredible - right in the heart of the warehouse district. There are countless high quality hotels around the venue and it is basically connected to Harrah's - which offers well lit, affordable parking. The interior is amazing and you don't have to spend much money at all decorating because it's ready just the way it is. So many halls we looked at needed major decorations to bring them to life - but not this one - it's perfect the way it is. You can spend lots of money decking this place out - you can put in candles in the bottom hall and even hang chandelier from the ceiling. But the truth is you don't need to - it's amazing the way it is. The three room/balcony setup is perfect for a New Orleans wedding. Your guests can be in the middle room in a lively, dance friendly environment, or be in one of the exterior rooms or the balcony and barely hear the music and just relax. There is food at all times - they never run out - and it's perfect for different types of guests. What's so terrific? The Staff. You know that feeling of not really being sure that you get when you are looking at venues? You just want to find the right place where the people seem to care as much about your big day as you. This is that place. When you set up an appointment and meet Brent you will be somewhat shocked that he is so down to earth and not snooty at all. He's like an instant friend. He is selling the top venue in the area and he knows it. He won't pressure you and he'll be honest. The truth is that you are lucky if there's an open date that works with your wedding and my advice is to seriously consider it. During the process you'll get to work with Brent and he'll get back to you within 24 hours every time. Planning a wedding is hard enough - and you'll have a million questions - and it's so nice that he gets back to you right away. When it's getting closer to the final date you'll meet Jenna - who is someone you just should listen to and follow her lead. She is the wedding coordinator at the venue and she was born to do it. She makes quick, definite decisions and keeps everyone up to do with any adjustments or changes. These people know what they are doing - and you should follow their lead. What's so terrific? The food. Every aspect of the food is great. The passed around appetizers, the salad spreads, the cheeses, soups, and the main courses. We went with the basic package and it was more than we could have ever needed. There are a million ways to add on to the menu so go crazy if you want but the basic menu is perfect. Ray, the head chef, is not only great at what he does but very personable. You can email him directly or talk one on one about your ideas and he'll listen. One of the best moments of our wedding was when he came out to shake my hand at the end of the night and ask how everything was - total class all the way. What's so terrific? The value. When we first walked into the Chicory we felt it was one of the higher priced venues in the city and that made us nervous. But the value you end up getting is incredible - so much is included. And the experience is one of a kind.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Marcelle B

I had my ceremony and reception at the Chicory and it was amazing. The staff was so helpful, the food was delicious, and the venue was absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Bri A

Amazing! Request an extra hour before the ceremony for getting ready if you're planning to take pictures before the wedding at the venue.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Cristina G

I cannot say enough incredible things about this beautiful event space and the AWESOME people who work there. We did our wedding reception in the Gallery (the downstairs area to the Chicory) and everything went to PERFECTION!! From day one Brent was amazing to work with. We... Read More were planning all of it long distance and he made sure to walk us through each and every step. He helped us with ideas, food options and was incredibly accommodating to our needs. Best venue manager out there! On the day of, each attendant at our reception was phenomenal, but Jenna, our coordinator, outdid herself! She made sure everything was on time, looked perfect, and kept things running smoothly. If there was a bump in the road, we didn't even notice because Jenna got to it before anyone. Not only was the space beautiful and you can do so much with it, but the food was unreal. Every single thing we ate was delicious! I can go on and on about the incredible experience we had at the Chicory , but you should book your event there and see for yourself. They made our wedding the most perfect, magical day of our lives! So glad we chose them!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Freida H

My daughter was recently married in September of 2016 at The Chicory and already my husband is saying that he's ready to plan their one year anniversary party at The Chicory. This venue is located in the heart of New Orleans and located on famous Fulton Street! The atmosphere... Read More alone Is amzingly beautiful and the attention to the details was off the charts. Everything from the food to the individual care provided to the immediate family reception tables was unbelievable! Nothing and I mean nothing went wrong. While touring this beautiful venue early on we were promised food until the guests stopped eating and they were not kidding. Friends and family are still commenting on how delicious, fresh and hot off the stove the food items were. Nothing came out cold or even lukewarm. The chef is a master at preparing traditional New Orleans style food and we just can't say thank you enough to him for everything that he did. Try the Moonshine Milksakes as a late night pass around. You won't be sorry! If you are looking for a truly breathtaking venue that represents everything that represents traditional New Orleans then The Chicory is your venue! Our only regret is that we don't have another daughter. If we did...we would head straight to The Chicory for her wedding, too. You just can't go wrong. Don't slight yourself. The Chicory is fabulous in every way!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kale P

It was an all inclusive venue. We had plenty of options on food, all of which were excellent. It made things less stressful leading up to the big day. The venue itself is beautiful and echoes the best aspects of New Orleans design, from the exposed brick to the gas lantern... Read More lights to the open balcony over Fulton Square. You will not be disappointed with the surroundings. The attendants made sure that my wife and I never wanted for a drink or food, and they did the same for our parents. They were always there when we needed them, but we never felt like they were hovering. It was quite nice. The staff coordinated with us ahead of time so that every vendor was where they needed to be. All and all, it was exactly what we were looking for.

Meet The Manager

Brent Bogan

Meet Brent Bogan. Brent is the wedding sales manager at the Chicory. Brent is a New Orleans native, after moving to DC for six years planning conventions he moved back to his home state to continue in the event industry that he loves. If he is not walking through the Chicory event space with a couple you can find him playing with his dogs Jasmine and Clyde or sipping a dirty martini with his closest friends. Brent has been in the catering industry for over twenty years. Send him a message he would love to show you around!