The Coco Plum

Coral Gables, FL

The Coco Plum

Offering elegance and charm as a landmark of aged tradition and beauty. Delivering an incomparable prestige. Historic Old World decor and rich architecture. From its beautiful courtyard settings and ideal ballroom layout, conveniently located in Coral Gables, each event is detailed to suit your ever

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Tented

1375 Sunset Drive, Coral Gables, FL

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 2/18/2014 Amanda

Planning a wedding is difficult, but planning a wedding in another state makes the process exceptionally difficult. Before I was able to go see Cocoplum, I sent my mom and mother-in-law to go look, and they both loved it. After speaking with Rosie, I knew that this was the... Read More place. Rosie was so amazing, as was the rest of the staff. When my husband and I moved back here, Rosie worked around our schedule and helped with all the small intricate details that are easily forgotten. The personalization, help, and attention to detail made my wedding day, the best day ever. I cannot imagine how other brides are able to do and remember everything, and I know that I would never want to imagine having to. Rosie and the staff at Cocoplum ensured that on my wedding day, I wasn't worried about a thing, and I wasn't. Not only is Rosie and her staff amazing, but all the vendors associated with Cocoplum were amazing and so wonderful to work with.

The best day of my life! 1/25/2014

Reviewed on 2/06/2014 Jessica O

What can I say? I fell in love with The Cocoplum from the moment I stepped foot on the property. I turned and looked at my mother and best friend, "It is beautiful, I want to get married here!" And it happened. Rosie and Guille were so amazing from start to finish. I can not... Read More thank them enough for everything they did. Rosie sat with me whenever I needed and walked me through every single detail that you do not even think about. The DJ was great, the food was delicious, and the service as extraordinaire!!! When I walked in everyone attended to me. Their entire staff was so nice and humble that I felt like a princess. Honestly, I could not have asked for a better wedding. Everyone went above and beyond our expectations. I felt so great afterwards that I went back in person to thank them. Rosie if you read this Manny and I want thank you again!

Fairytale Day

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Ashley V

I had the most amazing time and service provided by the Cocoplum women's club. Every girl dreams of what her wedding will be like and the stress that comes with it. Thanks to Rosie I was able to cut the stress down by a lot! She always made me feel at ease and gave me amazing... Read More ideas that actually made my wedding so special and a night to remember. From start to finish she was there guiding me along the way. She was also able to set me up with amazing vendors that are all included in the price. The day of the wedding I wasn't worried about the way things would turn on because I knew Rosie would handle it. She even managed to hold off the rain for our outdoor ceremony! I walked in to a beautiful outdoor ceremony and an even prettier reception. It was everything I could imagine. My friends and family are still talking about it to this day! They speak of how much fun they had, the delicious food as well as the beauty of the place. There is no way anyone could go wrong by going here! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kaytie C

Had the best wedding ever at the Coco Plum! The staff there, especially Rosie, were amazing and SO helpful. We changed the location of the ceremony at the last minute and they totally come through in making it all happen. My wedding was full of person touches including drinks... Read More being served during the ceremony, a beer bar, band & DJ, an hora local, and even allowing McDonalds to be brought in at midnight. Rosie was so willing to do whatever it took to make my wedding incredible! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Coco Plum to anyone who ever asked b/c they truly made my day absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

My husband and I had to plan our wedding within 16 weeks due to my father-in-laws terminal illness. Needless to say I was extremely stressed and didn't know how I would be able to pull this together. But the I met with Rosie (the event coordinator) and everything changed! She... Read More was so helpful and so calm and I knew that our wedding would be in safe hands. Rosie and Gilherme were extremely professional but what struck me most was their kindness and patience. They walked us through all the steps and their vendors. The food was incredible and everyone complimented us on how attentive the servers were. I also used the venue to do my make up and hair in the morning with no extra charge which was a great help! Thank you guys you were amazing :)

Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 4/03/2015 Carolina K

Wha can I say about the Cocoplum??? AMAZING!!! From the first time we contacted the Cocplum's staff via email, we saw their professionalism and helpful service. Rosie and Guilherme went out of their way to make our experience unique. Guilherme was present throughout the entire... Read More process helping us plan our special day in less than 7 months! He made the process easy and stress free. In addition to their on-going support, Rosie and Guilherme speak Portuguese fluently which made my Brazilian parents and relatives very happy. They worked with our limited budget and helped us ensure that all of our "must haves" were included in our big day. The Cocoplum vendors (florist, photographer, chef, and DJ) were flexible, professional, and understanding. We had so many compliments on the FANTASTIC meal and beautiful flowers arrangements. The venue is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I loved that in a modern city like Miami you can celebrate a beautiful event in a historic house. The high ceilings and exposed beams make the ballroom just magical. The lighting on the outside of the building made my night time wedding beyond special. I had the best day ever at the Cocoplum and am so thankful to the amazing staff!!!! This is the perfect venue!!!!

Awesome Staff

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Gigi G

I was very stressed out about planning a wedding... but then I met with Rosie, Guillermo, and the florist Marta! They made everything SOO easy! The staff at Cocoplum is outstanding! Their dedication and passion is clear from the second you meet them! I couldn't be happier with... Read More the way everything turned out. They offered great ideas and tips that helped the day run smoothly. Even though they offer a package wedding, don't think for a second that it can't be completely personalized to fit your needs and wants! They go above and beyond to make sure every little detail is perfect... I couldn't be happier with Cocoplum!

Best day of my life

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 rita m

I recently had my wedding there on Nov.22. When I was looking for a vendor for my wedding I knew I didn't want the regular banquets hall wedding. While looking at the knot for some vendors I and across the CocoPlum women's club and as soon as I saw picture of it I knew this was... Read More the place for me. I called and setup a appointment to met with Rosie to see the location and I instantly fell in love. The good thing about the CocoPlum women's club is that they include pictures, flower, cake and the dj so it made it so much easier to plan all the details. When it came to the wedding date the whole staff were GREAT!!! Rosie was there in the beginning but Guilherme was the one that was with us the whole night and made sure everything went prefect, even after starting an hour late. The food was AMAZING!!! All of our guest were saying how delicious the food was especially the toston with ropa veja... Must have. All the vendors that were include in the package were amazing, Fabiano silva ( photographer), Marta villar ( florist), and JP ( Dj). I can honestly say that Guilherme and the Cocoplums women's helped me and my husband have the wedding of our dreams

Reviewed on 12/03/2014

I recently got married on 11/29/14 at the Cocoplum. Guilherme and Rosy were wonderful to work with and extremely professional. They accommodated all of our wishes and exceeded our expectations. The day of the wedding Guilherme and his staff were extremely professional making... Read More sure my special day ran smoothly and efficiently. I highly recommend this venue for a wedding!

wonderful and beautiful

Reviewed on 11/04/2013

Everyone was very helpful, patient and kind. They really did a wonderful job helping to make our daughter's wedding reception special and beautiful. Everything went off without a hitch. The food was wonderful, the atmosphere elegant and just right. They took care of so many... Read More things so I didn't have to do anything once we arrived except greet our guests and enjoy the evening. You don't have to use their vendors (florist, etc.) but the ones they work with are very good and it really helps to narrow down the very wide field of vendors to choose from which can be dizzying considering how many different things go into a wedding reception. The fact that they provide a small selection of quality vendors from which to choose helps make things a lot easier. They dress it up to make everything look just right. We checked out other venues in the area and they were either outrageously expensive or the location was less than desireable. Overall it was a wonderful, lovely and very special evening.

Top of the Line

Reviewed on 10/07/2013

From start to finish, the experience I had with Cocoplum was amazing. There vendors were fantastic to work with, and the staff at Cocoplum made the wedding flow without a hitch. Even when I wanted to surprise my wife to be with a salsa band, they did everything possible to... Read More coordinate and keep it a secret from her, and her expression when the curtains opened up to reveal the band was priceless!

Loved my Ceremony and Wedding reception!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Maryury Q

I fell in love with this venue from the first time I saw it. It has a romantic,elegant, and very private look to it. Working with Rosie and her staff was an absolute pleasure. I had a destination wedding and could only meet a couple times before the wedding, but they made sure... Read More to make the planning process as smooth as possible. The day of the wedding they were very organized and everything ran smoothly. The food was amazing! The DJ was great! I felt like a celebrity. They really catered to our every need. I would highly recommend this venue and Rosie and her staff.

Great Venue!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Olga L

Cocoplum is an absolutely amazing place to have a wedding reception. They were professional, flexible and very fair in price. This place takes care of everything and we didn't have one concern the entire time. Rosie was constantly checking on us to ensure the reception was going... Read More perfectly.The staff was a pleasure to work with and we highly recommend anyone looking for a venue for a wedding reception. Worth every penny!!!! Wedding: 02/09/213

Venue of my dreams

Reviewed on 8/24/2013 Yenia S

From the moment I saw the Cocoplum in pictures I knew this was the place I wanted my wedding reception to be in, however I did not think I could ever afford such a beautiful venue. With this in mind I scheduled an appointment with Rossie and after meeting with her I knew I... Read More didn't need to look any further. From day one Rossie and her staff made themselves available to help me with everything. They always listened to my ideas and found ways to make the wedding as unique and beautiful as possible. I used all of the vendors that the Cocoplum offered and could not be happier that I did. The day of the wedding I had the peace of mind of knowing that everything would go according to plan and that I did not need to worry about a thing as I had seen Rossie and her staff in action for other weddings. Words cannot explain how beautiful the venue looked the night of our wedding, it was everything I had hoped for and more. The flowers which were prepared by Marta were better than what I had imagined, they had organized everything the way I had asked and the whole venue was filled with candles. The music and the food were to die for, the chef knew what my concerns were with the meal and gave me suggestions and made changes to accommodate my requests and the DJ (JP) made sure he had everyone dancing all night. As my mom said the wedding was better than we ever had expected and even though we worked extremly hard to have the wedding we would not have been able to do it if it wasn't for the help of all of the Cocoplum staff. Everyone who attended my wedding has continued to say how amazing the wedding came out and how beautiful everything looked. I would recommend the cocoplum with my eyes closed.

Best Venue in Miami

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Kristina G

I had my wedding at the Cocoplum on October 8, 2011. From the beginning, Rosie was attentive and supportive and listened to all my ideas, making suggestions and using her extensive experience in the event planning industry to make my dream wedding come true. When we arrived at... Read More the Cocoplum, it was as though everything that I imagined my wedding to be like materialized before me - not a single detail was missed. The all inclusive package is the best deal in Miami - and luxury is not spared for the sake of affordability. The food was superb (thanks to their amazing chef, which you will meet at the food tasting), the flowers were to die for (thanks to Marta who loves what she does), cake was delicious, DJ played great music, and everything - from linens to table layouts to candles and photos - were laid out exactly as I requested. Vinnie saw to it that my husband and I were attended to the entire night. From the moment we arrived, he greeted us with a huge umbrella (my wedding was blessed with an all day torrential downpour - we will have luck for the rest of our lives, they say, lol) and he brought us hors d'oeuve's and our favorite drinks while we hid out waiting for our guests to settle in. The entire night flowed smoothly and according to plan thanks to Rosie and Vinnie. To date, our guests often mention how this was the best wedding they have ever been to, and I could not have done it without the amazing staff at the Cocoplum. If we could do it all over again, we would not change a single thing.

Out of state planning? No problem.

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Cristina M

Rosie and the Coco Plum were truly the perfect venue for us. Living in Washington, D.C. we were concerned about how difficult it would be to plan a wedding long distance, but Rosie and the Coco Plum staff made sure to help us plan everything in advance. Everytime we were in... Read More town Rosie had multiple appointments set up for us that made it easy to make decisions quickly. When we weren't in town she worked with my mother and sister to make sure everything was perfect the day of. The best part I think was how EVERYTHING was in house. Including my photographer the amazing Marcio Cavalcanti. I didn't have to stress about having to book a separate caterer either because their chef was so amazing. I heard nothing but compliments about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. One of my friends said she is stealing everything from my wedding for her own, including the venue! Oh it also has to be mentioned that their coordinator the day of is amazing and will keep you on schedule while still letting you enjoy yourself. Before the party even starts you get a room to yourselves to eat all of the appetizers and relax, something you WILL need the day of.

Best decision!

Reviewed on 8/09/2013 Andrea C

We can't thank the Coco Plum enough! It was an unforgettable night. My husband and I didn't have to worry about anything and just enjoy our family & friends. Vinny and the team were great and kept us at ease. The room was gorgeous, more beautiful than I imagined. Rosie was great... Read More throughtout the planning and helped us a lot, you can tell she really loves what she does and is very detailed. Everyone had a great night, many people told us it was the best wedding they have ever attended. Thank you once again! I recommend the Coco Plum to any bride I meet! :)

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 8/09/2013

I just had my wedding there a couple of weeks ago and honestly I couldn't be happier! Rosie and Guilherme were always super helpful and kind. Thank you guys sooooo much for giving me and my family and amazing experience. Everything exceeded my expectations and thanks to everyone... Read More at The Cocoplum Women's Club I had the wedding of my dreams. I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding!!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2013

I couldn't have picked a more perfect venue for my Wedding. This place is not only timeless and elegant but also has an air of palpable sophistication. Their staff is also friendly and very attentive and helpful. If you want an amazing wedding visit this fabulous venue! Thank... Read More you from the bottom of heart for making my day so memorable!!

Elegant Wedding

Reviewed on 2/25/2013 Lauren H

If you are looking for a beautiful, historic "old Florida" vibe, then the CocoPlum is definitely the place to go. My fiance and I instantly fell in love with the setting - high wood ceilings and the beautiful Cuban tile. Rosie and her staff were extremely helpful and kind, and... Read More also very accommodating to our ideas and traditions. On the wedding day, every little detail was set up perfectly. The food was very good too! We heard nothing but compliments from our guests. Our wedding turned out exactly as I pictured it - classy, romantic, and elegant. I highly recommend the CocoPlum, with lots of confidence!

Everything i expected and more...

Reviewed on 12/27/2012 sandra m

So a couple of months i married my best friend in the most amazing place! I really don't know where to start because everything was beyond my expectations..The cocoplum for us was comfort, romance, elegance, friendliness, but overall we felt like they really cared about our... Read More wedding, Rosie was a true guidance throughout the wedding from head to toe she took care of everything making sure everything was on time, always with a smile and answering all our questions, she really made us feel comfortable. As far of the actual day of the wedding everything was amazing, the food by Fernando was excellent, the Organization was on time, Pictures by Marcio were beautiful, the flowers by Martha were fresh and nice! the music by JP was just what i asked for, and the waiters were so kind to me and my family i really couldn't ask for more, I am truly grateful to God that he put Rosie and her crew in our path i really can't imaging getting married anywhere else, After so many bad experiences looking for our dream wedding we were able to find The Cocoplum and we are truly satisfied. Our guest were also satisfied and very pleased, they kept complementing everything in the place jeje Oh! And one last thing I want to mention before i finish is that when we went to do our tasting it took me back to my mom’s cooking and that was just priceless. :) S & C

Beautiful Venue - Great Staff

Reviewed on 12/17/2012 Joceline B

We hosted our Wedding reception at the Cocoplum. The venue is fantastic! It is so beautiful and the staff is sooooo helpful! Definitely recommend for any occasion.

Very happy Bride & Groom

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Angelica B

CocoPlum Woman's Club was an amazing venue to hold our wedding. The quality of the food- from appetizers to the dinner- were amazing! Rosie and her entire staff were pleasant, understanding, charming and flexible. They genuinely cared about all the details for the wedding and... Read More took the time to answer my one thousand questions, whether via email or by phone. The night of the wedding, everyhting cam out perfect. I could not have asked for anything more.All I had envisioned became a reality. The overall package they offer is really good. The upgrades are even better. They are also very flexible with the things you want to incorporate in the room and cocktail hour. We were very impressed and overall SUPER happy with everything. We are so happy that we choose the Coco Plum. We loved our wedding.

Absolutely perfect setting

Reviewed on 8/15/2012 Barbara S

The Cocoplum was the perfect place for us to have the most amazing day our lives. The historic building had so much character, charm and elegance.

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 Jennifer L

I loved this venue! It is gorgeous and does not need much decoration. It'll fit in perfectly if you're having a vintage, glamorous, or ballroom themed wedding. The Coco Plum staff was very helpful and decorated everything just as I wanted it and it looked as beautiful as I... Read More imagined. The total cost for my wedding was less than I thought I'd spend in comparison to other weddings I've been to at more expensive venues. You get a lot for your money, (cake, tables, linens, photography, food, drinks, dj, and even flowers)....I ended up upgrading some things in my package, but the overall cost for even the upgrades was very reasonable. I had a great time at my wedding, and would definitely recommend this venue. Everything was beautiful! Only reason I did not give 5 stars was due to the contract being a bit confusing, but hopefully they have fixed it since.