The Coco Plum

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Tented

1375 Sunset Drive, Coral Gables, FL

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 2/18/2014 Amanda

Planning a wedding is difficult, but planning a wedding in another state makes the process exceptionally difficult. Before I was able to go see Cocoplum, I sent my mom and mother-in-law to go look, and they both loved it. After speaking with Rosie, I knew that this was the... Read More place. Rosie was so amazing, as was the rest of the staff. When my husband and I moved back here, Rosie worked around our schedule and helped with all the small intricate details that are easily forgotten. The personalization, help, and attention to detail made my wedding day, the best day ever. I cannot imagine how other brides are able to do and remember everything, and I know that I would never want to imagine having to. Rosie and the staff at Cocoplum ensured that on my wedding day, I wasn't worried about a thing, and I wasn't. Not only is Rosie and her staff amazing, but all the vendors associated with Cocoplum were amazing and so wonderful to work with.

2016-06-21T11:10:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review Laura! It was our pleasure to work for you and to help make your dream wedding come true.

The best day of my life! 1/25/2014

Reviewed on 2/06/2014 Jessica O

What can I say? I fell in love with The Cocoplum from the moment I stepped foot on the property. I turned and looked at my mother and best friend, "It is beautiful, I want to get married here!" And it happened. Rosie and Guille were so amazing from start to finish. I can not... Read More thank them enough for everything they did. Rosie sat with me whenever I needed and walked me through every single detail that you do not even think about. The DJ was great, the food was delicious, and the service as extraordinaire!!! When I walked in everyone attended to me. Their entire staff was so nice and humble that I felt like a princess. Honestly, I could not have asked for a better wedding. Everyone went above and beyond our expectations. I felt so great afterwards that I went back in person to thank them. Rosie if you read this Manny and I want thank you again!

Fairytale Day

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Ashley V

I had the most amazing time and service provided by the Cocoplum women's club. Every girl dreams of what her wedding will be like and the stress that comes with it. Thanks to Rosie I was able to cut the stress down by a lot! She always made me feel at ease and gave me amazing... Read More ideas that actually made my wedding so special and a night to remember. From start to finish she was there guiding me along the way. She was also able to set me up with amazing vendors that are all included in the price. The day of the wedding I wasn't worried about the way things would turn on because I knew Rosie would handle it. She even managed to hold off the rain for our outdoor ceremony! I walked in to a beautiful outdoor ceremony and an even prettier reception. It was everything I could imagine. My friends and family are still talking about it to this day! They speak of how much fun they had, the delicious food as well as the beauty of the place. There is no way anyone could go wrong by going here! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Daniela G

When you think about elegance and charm, the Coco Plum comes to mind. This place is amazing, and the team goes beyond making all bride's dreams come true. Guilherme is VERY reliable and helpful throughout the planning of our wedding. His main concern was that the bride and groom... Read More didnt have to worry about anything and he achieved a unique lifetime experience for the bride, groom and the family. He made our dream wedding possible. The food was delicious and all of my guest were delighted with the service and the attention. The vendors that work side by side with the Coco Plum are always looking for perfection. I have to say, Marta Villar Floral Designs were absolutely stunning and breathtaking. She has this wonderful elegant taste for decorations and flower designs. JP made us dance all night long and Fabiano Silva was the talk of the nigh! Photos came out amazing and he is a wonderful person that seeks perfection in every shot he takes with his camera. I definitely recommend this amazing and extraordinary team! 5 stars+

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Ariel P

Where do I even begin... While searching for my venue, I walked into the Cocoplum and was immediately floored at how gorgeous the building was. I knew I needed to have my wedding there. I was planning my wedding from out of state and my first meeting with Guilherme made me... Read More feel at ease about the planning process. Everything was explained in detail to me, and I knew exactly what I would be getting by booking with the Cocoplum. The fact that every vendor is all-inclusive was EXTREMELY helpful in the planning process, and every single vendor that I used through the Cocoplum was incredible. I met with Rosie to discuss the decor and I knew she would be the perfect person to help execute my vision. She worked with me on every detail, made herself completely available at all times any time I had a question, and even went as far as finding me the linens that I wanted. You can tell how much Rosie and Guilherme care about making sure you get everything you want for your wedding. The beauty of the Cocoplum and the incredible people that Rosie and Guilherme are, made my wedding better than I could have imagined. The wedding went off without a hitch, my husband and I always had a drink in our hand, and they even made sure that we ate!! (honestly're amazing at that.) Thank you both for making sure I had the wedding of my dreams!!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Katrina D

I literally cannot express how absolutely AMAZING this venue was for my wedding!!! It was INCREDIBLE. Not only was it gorgeous, but the staff were the utmost professionals, extremely helpful, wonderfully flexible, and all-around all stars! Their wedding coordinators are a... Read More BLESSING to the industry/process ( which was amazing especially because I was planning this wedding from out of state)! Their package is SUPREMELY fair, useful, all-inclusive, and easy to upgrade if that's your desire (I did for some things and not for others). I literally do not have one single complaint. It was the wedding of my dreams and that's in huge part because of the Coco Plum. My guests RAVED about this venue--sincerely raved about how awesome it was. My wedding was for 160 people and it was PERFECT--PERFECT!! THE COCO PLUM IS THE MOST AMAZING WEDDING VENUE--and you're incredibly lucky if you get to have your wedding here. It's SPECTACULAR!! Go for it!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

Everything was excellent! They immediately stood out to us while venue shopping and they sure did carry out their promises. The staff was extremely helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process, from the first meeting, even through the weeks after the wedding. Guilherme... Read More and Rosie (two event coordinators) along with their professional staff ensure a flawless day and have the bride & groom's happiness in mind the entire wedding day. The price is very fair for everything you are getting. The venue is very elegant and they have multiple options for ceremonies without extra costs. The vendors that are included are all exceptional and communicate with each other, which makes life a lot easier for the bride & groom. You have the option to use your own vendors, but trust that their vendors are excellent. All of our guests kept complimenting on how smooth everything ran, how good the open bar was, and how great the food was. Guilherme made sure that my husband and I had some private time and that we were able to eat the delicious food the day-of. They also executed everything exactly as I requested, down to the smallest details. I highly recommend this venue.

2016-07-08T12:27:16 Response from the vendor

Indira & Jodonnis, Thank you for taking away from your time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. It was a pleasure to serve you guys and we hope you have a happy marriage.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Virginia M

I am so exceedingly happy with how my wedding turned out, and so much of this I owe to the team at the Cocoplum Womens Club. The day of the wedding went off without a problem, with the team working on set up from early in the morning. The team was very sensitive to the wishes... Read More and wellbeing of the bride and the groom, and was flexible with plans as different situations arose. The event coordinator, Rosie, was very understanding and detail oriented. You can really tell she and her whole team are in the right line of work!

2016-06-21T11:13:41 Response from the vendor

Virginia, Thank you for your review, it was our pleasure to help make your dream wedding a reality!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Cristina F

This is FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY!! I was taken care of from the moment I met the staff at Cocoplum. Your wedding day is a memorable experience, one should not have to worry about anything. Cocoplum Women's Club helped me enjoy my own wedding without stress, these people are... Read More angels!!! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 5/25/2016

This was a destination wedding for us. I am from CG so I've heard of Coco Plum forever. I actually went to Kindergarten there! This wedding was fantastic! Guilherme Chen and his crew made this easy to get through. All the vendors we used were great and easy to work with. I... Read More recommend Coco Plum for any wedding, large party, gala, etc. All our choices of food was very good and we continue to get good reviews from all that attended. Thank you CPWC!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Gabriella A

Everytime someone asks how was our wedding, we always look back in disbelief of how perfect and flawless our special day was. Rosie Hayden and her partnering vendors are the DREAM TEAM of wedding events. Being that we were planning a wedding hundreds of miles away from home,... Read More the whole process was stress-less with the help of Rosie. Just by showing her some pictures of ideas we wanted for the wedding, Rosie turned ideas into reality…FAR BEYOND what we could have ever imagined!! The Cocoplum has a wonderful history to it, and just by looking at the architecture from outside you can see the vintage beauty of the place, from the grand wooden doors and ceilings to the original floors. The Ceremony: We chose to have the ceremony in the courtyard, which comfortably accommodated our 130 guests. This is also where Marta Villar’s Floral Design comes into the play on making the most heavenly altar with white draping hung in between two columns and ends wrapped around a column, some garlands and flowers on stand-alone columns. Since we knew nothing about flowers we showed Marta pictures we found on the internet that we liked, and Marta made it happen. The Food: Cocoplum’s head Chef Fernando Smaniotto did a marvelous job during cocktail hour in the presentation of the hor d'oeuvres. We especially loved the Swedish meatballs, the spring rolls, and ceviche (the best!). Chef Fernando graced the guests with an even more delicious dinner. Our guest had the option to have either the Chicken Dijon or Steak Burgundy with mixed of seasonal vegetables and puree garlic potatoes. He also made specialty dishes for our guests with food allergies and a kid’s plate for all the little ones. The Reception: Each table had white linens with an over-lay detailed with silver embroidery, topped with silver chargers, fine dining ware, votive candles, and colorful floral centerpiece. The wooden-beam ceilings were decorated with lavishing white draping that gave the room a dramatic scene. The Cake and Desserts: For the cake we went with Ana Paz and her famous vanilla rum cake. Ana and her team were also very easy to work with when designing a cake over the phone or via email. The DJ: DJ JP knows how to get people on the floor! He played a mix of everything we requested. He is also very sneaky! Little did we know, the best man and matron of honor contacted JP to put a little signing duet during the toast, and it was a hit!. JP also did the lighting in the banquet hall. The Staff: The Cocoplum staff was so nice and hardworking, and some have been working there for more than 10 years! For the wedding they all were in a signature Cocoplum uniform with white gloves. The service was wonderful, for the servers made sure everyone was offer hor d’oeuvres during cocktail hour and filled up empty glasses of wine during the reception. VERY PROFESSIONAL! Guilherme Che, another event coordinator, was like our personal assistant the whole night! He helped us stay on schedule with each part of the night, made sure we ate well, and did anything we asked for. If it wasn’t for him, we would have been lost the whole night, because you get so into the moment of the wedding that time goes by so fast! Rosie Hayden was not only our wedding coordinator, but was also my fairy godmother the day of my wedding, she made my dreams come true that night. My husband and I are forever grateful for having her and the staff at Cocoplum on the best night of our lives. Thank you Cocoplum!!

2016-06-21T11:30:54 Response from the vendor

Thiago and Gaby, We appreciate you taking your time and leaving us such a lovely review. Its was our pleasure to work for you. Thank you for letting us make your dream wedding a reality!

Reviewed on 4/10/2016 Lourdes P

I can't begin to express how happy we are with this venue! Guillerhme and Rosy were an absolute pleasure to work with and they went above and beyond making sure everything went as smooth as can be and that everything looked beautiful. They really brought our vision to life! Not... Read More to mention the food was amazing! I would do it all over again with them, we had such a great time we wish we could! Thank you again for everything you did for us, from answering a million emails to last minute changes, you guys did a wonderful job!

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Allison R

My dream wedding came true... Everything I ever wanted was made possible with The Cocoplum. Guilherme was with me every step of the way! He is terrific!! The flowers were beautiful and exactly how I wanted them to look like for our wedding. The food was delicious and staff was... Read More very attentive. My guest can not stop raving about it. The DJ worked with us and played what we wanted and everyone was dancing. Overall great feeling and comfort knowing everything was taken care of.

Reviewed on 3/27/2016 Gabriella F

My husband and I had our wedding reception held at The Cocoplum earlier this month. We planned our wedding from across the country, so we relied heavily on our family's opinion of venues and basically selected The Cocoplum "blind" without having seen the venue in person. We were... Read More looking for something beautiful and special, once we finally got a chance to view the venue we knew we had made the right choice! That courtyard... and the gorgeous wood ceiling and chandeliers!! Rosie and Guilherme were so easy to work with and responded to our emails and questions quickly, which was important to us since we were not physically there to speak with them in person. They made the wedding planning process feel effortless and were always so accommodating with us. For instance, letting us do our tasting on a day they wouldn't normally do one. All of our guests raved about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. We are so happy we chose to have our wedding reception at The Cocoplum! :)

Reviewed on 2/11/2016 Maritza P

We truly had the time of our lives!! It's been almost a month since the day of our wedding and we are still receiving compliments from everyone telling us how magical and fun our wedding was!! The venue is simply a piece of jewel, rustic inspired, very cozy and romantic,... Read More well-maintained, certainly a place with a lot of character and charm!! The food was delicious from appetizers to dessert! People kept coming to our table just to say how good the food was! The service was impeccable, everything was so well organized and the wedding coordinator was on top of every single detail! The fact that they offer the option to do it all inclusive makes it easier and practical. There's no need to be looking around for different vendors since they ones that they recommend know well the venue and are very professional, totally a plus! If I could do it all over again I would certainly pick Cocoplum Women's Club.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kaytie C

Had the best wedding ever at the Coco Plum! The staff there, especially Rosie, were amazing and SO helpful. We changed the location of the ceremony at the last minute and they totally come through in making it all happen. My wedding was full of person touches including drinks... Read More being served during the ceremony, a beer bar, band & DJ, an hora local, and even allowing McDonalds to be brought in at midnight. Rosie was so willing to do whatever it took to make my wedding incredible! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Coco Plum to anyone who ever asked b/c they truly made my day absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

My husband and I had to plan our wedding within 16 weeks due to my father-in-laws terminal illness. Needless to say I was extremely stressed and didn't know how I would be able to pull this together. But the I met with Rosie (the event coordinator) and everything changed! She... Read More was so helpful and so calm and I knew that our wedding would be in safe hands. Rosie and Gilherme were extremely professional but what struck me most was their kindness and patience. They walked us through all the steps and their vendors. The food was incredible and everyone complimented us on how attentive the servers were. I also used the venue to do my make up and hair in the morning with no extra charge which was a great help! Thank you guys you were amazing :)

Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 4/03/2015 Carolina K

Wha can I say about the Cocoplum??? AMAZING!!! From the first time we contacted the Cocplum's staff via email, we saw their professionalism and helpful service. Rosie and Guilherme went out of their way to make our experience unique. Guilherme was present throughout the entire... Read More process helping us plan our special day in less than 7 months! He made the process easy and stress free. In addition to their on-going support, Rosie and Guilherme speak Portuguese fluently which made my Brazilian parents and relatives very happy. They worked with our limited budget and helped us ensure that all of our "must haves" were included in our big day. The Cocoplum vendors (florist, photographer, chef, and DJ) were flexible, professional, and understanding. We had so many compliments on the FANTASTIC meal and beautiful flowers arrangements. The venue is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I loved that in a modern city like Miami you can celebrate a beautiful event in a historic house. The high ceilings and exposed beams make the ballroom just magical. The lighting on the outside of the building made my night time wedding beyond special. I had the best day ever at the Cocoplum and am so thankful to the amazing staff!!!! This is the perfect venue!!!!

Everything I ever dreamed of...

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 Adrienne L

We got engaged in March of 2014 and immediately began looking for venues. We came across The Cocoplum and immediately fell in love with the look of the venue. It has an old world/vingtage/spanish vibe and was exactly what we were looking for. We made an appointment and spoke... Read More with Guillerhme and Rosi the event coordinators and they made us feel like royalty. Over the next few months we decided on booking the Cocoplum for March 2015 and spent lots of time really personalizing everything we wanted. We chose to have the ceremony outside by the large tree, the cocktail hour was in the courtyard and the ballroom perfectly housed our reception. They really listened to what I wanted and kept me calm and happy throughout the planning process. Overall my wedding was a blast, it was absolutely perfect, and I would definitely recommend the Cocoplum to all of my family and friends!

Awesome Staff

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Gigi G

I was very stressed out about planning a wedding... but then I met with Rosie, Guillermo, and the florist Marta! They made everything SOO easy! The staff at Cocoplum is outstanding! Their dedication and passion is clear from the second you meet them! I couldn't be happier with... Read More the way everything turned out. They offered great ideas and tips that helped the day run smoothly. Even though they offer a package wedding, don't think for a second that it can't be completely personalized to fit your needs and wants! They go above and beyond to make sure every little detail is perfect... I couldn't be happier with Cocoplum!

Best day of my life

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 rita m

I recently had my wedding there on Nov.22. When I was looking for a vendor for my wedding I knew I didn't want the regular banquets hall wedding. While looking at the knot for some vendors I and across the CocoPlum women's club and as soon as I saw picture of it I knew this was... Read More the place for me. I called and setup a appointment to met with Rosie to see the location and I instantly fell in love. The good thing about the CocoPlum women's club is that they include pictures, flower, cake and the dj so it made it so much easier to plan all the details. When it came to the wedding date the whole staff were GREAT!!! Rosie was there in the beginning but Guilherme was the one that was with us the whole night and made sure everything went prefect, even after starting an hour late. The food was AMAZING!!! All of our guest were saying how delicious the food was especially the toston with ropa veja... Must have. All the vendors that were include in the package were amazing, Fabiano silva ( photographer), Marta villar ( florist), and JP ( Dj). I can honestly say that Guilherme and the Cocoplums women's helped me and my husband have the wedding of our dreams

Reviewed on 12/03/2014

I recently got married on 11/29/14 at the Cocoplum. Guilherme and Rosy were wonderful to work with and extremely professional. They accommodated all of our wishes and exceeded our expectations. The day of the wedding Guilherme and his staff were extremely professional making... Read More sure my special day ran smoothly and efficiently. I highly recommend this venue for a wedding!

wonderful and beautiful

Reviewed on 11/04/2013

Everyone was very helpful, patient and kind. They really did a wonderful job helping to make our daughter's wedding reception special and beautiful. Everything went off without a hitch. The food was wonderful, the atmosphere elegant and just right. They took care of so many... Read More things so I didn't have to do anything once we arrived except greet our guests and enjoy the evening. You don't have to use their vendors (florist, etc.) but the ones they work with are very good and it really helps to narrow down the very wide field of vendors to choose from which can be dizzying considering how many different things go into a wedding reception. The fact that they provide a small selection of quality vendors from which to choose helps make things a lot easier. They dress it up to make everything look just right. We checked out other venues in the area and they were either outrageously expensive or the location was less than desireable. Overall it was a wonderful, lovely and very special evening.

Top of the Line

Reviewed on 10/07/2013

From start to finish, the experience I had with Cocoplum was amazing. There vendors were fantastic to work with, and the staff at Cocoplum made the wedding flow without a hitch. Even when I wanted to surprise my wife to be with a salsa band, they did everything possible to... Read More coordinate and keep it a secret from her, and her expression when the curtains opened up to reveal the band was priceless!

Loved my Ceremony and Wedding reception!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Maryury Q

I fell in love with this venue from the first time I saw it. It has a romantic,elegant, and very private look to it. Working with Rosie and her staff was an absolute pleasure. I had a destination wedding and could only meet a couple times before the wedding, but they made sure... Read More to make the planning process as smooth as possible. The day of the wedding they were very organized and everything ran smoothly. The food was amazing! The DJ was great! I felt like a celebrity. They really catered to our every need. I would highly recommend this venue and Rosie and her staff.