Beautiful Ballrooms

Plan your wedding ceremony and reception at Detroit’s historic Colony Club! The 3rd Floor Ballroom can accommodate up to 400 guests and the 4th Floor Ballroom up to 150 for dinner and dancing. We offer convenient, all-inclusive wedding packages that include plated entrée service and a premium bar.

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue

2310 Park Ave, Detroit, MI (313) 463-4215
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Kelly P

We absolutely loved having our reception at the Colony Club. This is such a gorgeous downtown Detroit reception location. Everyone we worked with was so friendly and accommodating. The food was outstanding and we received so many compliments on the appetizers, dinner and the... Read More variety for the bar. We were able to add on bourbon and craft beer options which was great. We worked with both Ashley and Lauren as our coordinators and they were very quick to answer any big or small question I had. Bertha was our day of coordinator and I couldn't have asked for someone more detailed and happy to have along side us. We were blown away by the service from every person working. We didn't have a single problem from the day we booked our date. The combination of a gorgeous ballroom, excellent service and delicious food was exactly what we were looking for. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Danielle S

We fell in love with Colony club the minute we stepped into it. The 3rd floor ballroom is beautiful and restored amazing. We loved how it didn't need much to dress it up, just some beautiful flowers to accent the decor. The wedding planning process was so easy with the entire... Read More staff here. Lauren and Nicole were so easy to work with and very quick to always respond. We were planning from Chicago and they always worked around our schedule. Our day of planner, Bertha, was so amazing. She made us smile and relax the whole night. The day and night turned out even more perfect than we planned (we planned for almost a year and a half). I would not change one thing about the day and I owe a lot of that to Colony Club. SO SO SO Happy.

Love at First Sight

Reviewed on 2/01/2015 Dana W

I know this goes without saying but planning a wedding can be pretty overwhelming to say the least. In this day and age it can be really difficult to narrow down a style or theme. My husband and I decided to try and start with the place and go from there. When I came across The... Read More Colony Club it was love at first sight. The price was perfect, lots of bang for your buck and we saved loads on decorations because the place speaks for itself! Our friends and family were blown away before they even stepped foot inside just like we were! The food was phenomenal! We had guests hovering at one of our food stations because they could not get enough! The staff was wonderful and super easy to work with from the initial consultation to our goodbyes the night of. Our event coordinator was one of the most amazing people I have ever had the honor knowing and she will always have a warm place in our hearts. Her and her staff took incredible care of my husband and I and every single one of our guests. The Colony Club was the BEST place for us to have spent the BEST day of our lives! The PERFECT place for the PERFECT day :-)

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Lauren L

Our wedding was in May 2017 at the Colony Club. When I first walked in this place I was absolutely blown away. It was everything we wanted in a venue. Beautiful. Unique. Well Maintained. And it was affordable. I worked with several members of the Colony Club team and they were... Read More all so wonderful. I first met with Ashley and then Lauren who was actually planning a wedding herself the day after ours (she gave me lots of good advice!) Lauren was very interested and cared about every detail to make sure our day was special. Our day of manager Rachelle, was a life saver. I had no idea what to expect on the day but she made sure everything went smoothly for us. I also received MANY compliments on the food (especially the filet!). I HIGHLY recommend the Colony Club. The venue itself and the staff are incredible. Thank you Colony Club!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Stacey S

Unbelievable venue. Whatever you have dreamt up for your wedding, this venue can exceed that. We are still getting texts and phone calls from family and friends raving about the incredible beauty, delicious food and exceptional service. Our planner, Samantha, and day of... Read More coordinator, Molly, were outstanding throughout the entire process. They remembered details that we had overlooked and kept our minds at ease. The staff was attentive and we felt extremely special. This venue and its staff exceeded our every expectation and we are forever grateful!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Amanda E

Working with The Colony Club was amazing! Lauren was an incredible rep to work with, she answered all of my questions, was always available, and kept all the secrets I was surprising my husband with. Katie was our day of event manager and she was also amazing! She helped make... Read More everything run smoothly, checked in on me, my husband, and my Mom regularly, and it seemed like things happened magically all night. The food was also incredible - we got so many compliments!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Katherine W

The colony club and the staff were absolutely fantastic! We didn’t have a single problem from the day we booked our wedding. We worked with Lauren and Katelyn and both of them were extremely responsive, often returning emails within an hour. The staff was flexible with our... Read More timeline when our ceremony went longer than expected and everything went so smoothly the day of our wedding. We received so many complements from guests about it being the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. And of course, the food was amazing as well. A guest favorite was the prime rib, but we received compliments all night about the hors d’oeuvres and other meals as well. If you want everyone to be blown away at your wedding, you must contact the Colony Club!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Christina P

The Colony Club is meant for that very special fairytale wedding you always dreamed of. It is by far the best venue ever! Our daughter Christina and Jeff celebrated their marriage last Friday it was the most magnificent wedding!!! I was fortunate enough to have Lauren Kirk as... Read More our Event Manager, what a blessing she was. Lauren was incredible to work with throughout this entire process. We did this long distance so needless to say Lauren and her team were on top of every detail. What a pleasure to work with each and every one of them. I must recognize Chef George whose culinary expertise surpassed our expectations along with his big smile that made us feel there was never anything to worry about. Molly and Bertha the incredible day of the wedding duo that made sure not one thing went wrong, what loves they are. As Christina and Jeff exited the wedding ceremony they were greeted with Bertha's warm smile as she handed them champagne flutes to begin their night of celebration. It is all of these incredible gestures of love, kindness and warmth that this group of people showed to all of us that makes the Colony Club the place where dreams are made of...thanks to all of you from all of us...we love you!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Sarah B

This was the perfect location for our wedding! The whole team was super accommodating and helpful during the planning process and really allowed the day to go smoothly! Samantha and Molly were always available to answer my questions and they were really on the ball!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Amy Z

We had a phenomenal ceremony and reception at The Colony Club - it photographs beautifully. The food was also great, the staff was extremely helpful, and overall we felt that they every effort to accommodate our requests and prepare for our big day. However, it is an old venue... Read More and that comes with some compromises. One of the elevators was out of order for our wedding, forcing some of our guests to take the stairs. Additionally, the television in the groom's suite wasn't working at all and there was a significant delay in providing snacks to the bride and groom's suites before the ceremony. We were compensated with a complimentary wine pour for all guests, which does speak to how attentive and customer-service-focused the staff really is. Throughout the planning process they made an effort to consider our budget and work around our constraint, we never felt like they were being judgmental even though we were trying to stick to the minimum spending amount.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Neal F

Buyer Beware! Although the Colony Club is a first-class venue I will tell anyone that is planning an event there to make sure you get everything you want in writing and constantly remind your sales person of these requests. We specifically asked for two items, BOTH were spelled... Read More out in our contract and in our floor plan diagram and NEITHER one was done on our wedding night. Nicole the Managing Director said that it was OUR FAULT for not bringing it up with our senior sales manager (which we did numerous times). The event manager even agreed the night of the wedding that she was short staffed and couldn’t do what was requested. So… This became OUR problem, not theirs. You will love the setting and the food but execution to simple request outside of their “standard labor guidelines” don’t happen and then you get called a liar for asking for them.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Melissa S

From the moment I saw the ballroom at the Colony Club, I knew it was the place I wanted to have our wedding and reception. I was a little nervous at first, as the sales agent I booked with left the company shortly thereafter. There were a few bumps in the road on the... Read More way—first, they only can accommodate tastings on Wednesday and Thursday evenings, no exceptions. My husband does not have a very flexible work schedule and we live in Chicago, so it was very difficult to attend, but we ended up being able to work things out. Also, like a lot of venues, you can get just about anything as long as you are willing to pay for it. We had them order specialty liquor (Pisco), which was expensive, but most venues will upcharge you. Despite this, I still gave them 5 stars because although it is on the more expensive side, they were really on top of things on our wedding day. Molly, our day-of coordinator, did a great job. We had both our ceremony and reception in the 3rd floor ballroom and the room flip was ultra efficient and seamless. We had so many compliments from our guests about how stunning the venue was and how wonderful the food was. The waiters are really attentive—I had 3-5 guests not inform us of food preferences or intolerances beforehand, and the chef accommodated everyone (vegan, gluten free, no shrimp, etc). Both parents tables and our sweetheart table had personal waiters who took impeccable care of us, bringing us drinks/food/cake the entire evening. The Colony Club really did a fabulous job and I would recommend them without hesitation.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Danielle C

Working with the Colony Club was so simple. This vennue checked all my boxes right from the beginning. They take so much pride in making sure every detail is correct for your big day. We had many meetings over the 11 month planning period and they were very reachable via email... Read More with any questions or concerns. They provide a day of coordinator to help assist with all of the events the day of. Katie was our coordinator and she was incredible! There was a power outage the night before my wedding and the elevators were broken due to that. The Colony Club reported that to me as soon as they could and upgraded the wine and bar due to this incovience without even being asked for compensation. If that was the only thing to go wrong, fine by me! The staff helped those who needed it to the service elevator to avoid the stairs. The service and staff during the reception was top-notch. I highly recommend The Colony Club.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Lauren L

THANK YOU Colony Club for helping to make out wedding the most amazing and perfect night! The email communication made everything so easy to plan, and everyone I worked with was amazing. Thank you Lauren for helping with all of the planning and to Mo for helping with the... Read More execution and making sure everything was flawless on the wedding night. We could not have made a better choice for our venue.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Sabrina B

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! Everyone we worked with since we toured this venue, to our actual wedding day was fantastic. The food was PHENOMENAL and the site is just gorgeous. If you plan on splurging and love Detroit, this is the perfect place for you.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Rachel P

My husband and I recently held our wedding reception at the Colony Club and had an absolutely amazing experience. The planning process was seamless and the day of execution was perfect. We had nothing to worry about all evening. We highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Kim W

My husband and I held our ceremony and reception on June 4th at the Colony Club in the 4th Floor Ballroom. It was absolutely perfect - the food was great, the rooms were beautiful, service was excellent and it was all so organized. Everything went so smoothly thanks to the... Read More wonderful staff. Each detail was exactly - if not better - than I had imagined. During the planning stages, Lauren was so easy to work with and was so helpful with all of my questions. Bertha was our Event Manager and she was amazing, as well. I really have nothing bad to say and am just so thankful we chose to have our special day at the Colony Club.

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Heather K

We had our wedding reception in the 4th floor ballroom at The Colony Club on May 20, 2017. Everything was amazing. Lauren was very helpful in the planning stages and helped me to create my vision. She always answered my questions quickly and was patient with any requests or... Read More changes I had. Molly was the best during the reception. We had a few stressful moments and Molly kept everything on track. So many of my guests complimented how beautiful The Colony Club is and said that it was some of the best food they ever had. The service from the waitstaff and bartenders was excellent. Overall, it is a perfect venue with excellent service.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Christina J

My husband and I celebrated our wedding reception at the Colony Club on 04/21/2017- and our night could not have been more perfect! We fell in love with the beautiful third floor ballroom the minute we walked in the first time, and it was just as beautiful on our wedding day.... Read More The entire planning process was streamlined, easy, and staff was incredibly helpful every step of the way. The food was incredible- we had many guests say it was the best "wedding food" they had ever eaten. During the planning process, emails were answered promptly, and made our stress level very low. The price they quoted included everything-so no hidden fees or extras. I appreciated that our contract was straightforward and itemized, and we knew exactly what we and our guests were getting. The upstairs brides/grooms rooms were a nice plus for us, complete with safes to keep valuables in. My husband and I had a special server, who made sure our drinks were full and that we were happy all night. We could not have asked for a more perfect reception venue, and will treasure the memories we made there for the rest our our lives. It is ABSOLUTELY worth the wait to have a reception here!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Leeann L

My husband and I got married at the Colony Club on September 23rd, 2016. We cannot say enough good things about the venue, experience, and service that we had at the Colony Club! The wedding completely exceeded our expectations in every way. We and are guests had an absolute... Read More blast at the wedding- we couldn't have asked for more. My husband is from out of town and most of his family had never visited Detroit so we really wanted to showcase the culture and history of the city. The Colony Club, especially the 3rd floor ballroom, absolutely blew us away. The entire process from start to finish was seamless and stress free. The staff, especially Lauren K, was always willing to help and answer any questions quickly. Since we were planning a wedding out of town this was so helpful. We also have food allergies our family and the Colony Club was able to ensure that everyone had delicious food options and there would be no concern about anyone getting sick. Molly and Rachelle were our day of event managers and both were so friendly and extremely helpful with set up and break down and running the night flawlessly! Such a wonderful place to celebrate one of the happiest days of our lives! We could not recommend the Colony Club more.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Erica R

This is by far the prettiest venue there is! Look no further! The room itself is gorgeous, there is not much needed to add except flowers. The staff is so welcoming and helpful. The food is UNREAL. I have never had a better meal at a wedding. I can go on and on... check out this... Read More venue. You won't be disappointed. It may be most costly but you don't need to spend a lot decorating so that's a plus! Well worth it I promise!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kristen M

We held our wedding at the Colony Club the first weekend in June. Ashley and Molly were wonderful to work with! The third flood ballroom truly took my breath away, from the moment I saw it I knew it was the place for us! My only complaint is that we had an issue with wedding... Read More crashers from the wedding on the fourth floor. I don't think that this is a typical issue, but that that guests at that wedding were not well manored. I had to stop multiple people who were not our guests from entering our cocktail hour, before dinner was served we had an intoxicated groomsmen from the other wedding stumbling around the mezzanine, and at the end of the night my husband had to ask two wedding crashers to leave and go back to the fourth floor wedding. I spoke with Molly about this issue and I truly believe she did her best to deal with the situation. All in all the Colony Club is wonderful but if they are going to host two weddings they need to come up with a plan to keep rowdy guests in their own designated wedding .

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Sarah P

We loved our wedding at the Colony Club! The venue is so gorgeous and the staff was helpful and wonderful! Everyone we worked with was so kind and professional. The food was great! The venue is so special and we had the best time there!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Amanda H

The perfect place to have your wedding. Everyone is amazing. The event manager was even helping to clean tables. Everyone commented on how great the food was and how beautiful the room was.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Sherry M

I couldn't have pictured a more perfect wedding than what we had experienced at Colony Club. Everything was perfect! We got so many compliments from our guests. All of the employees ensured that we were all happy. The event coordinator was there every step of the way and made... Read More sure my drink was full. She even helped with pinning my dress! I would highly recommend this venue to any couple looking for great food, great service, and a great location in Detroit.

Meet The President

Parker James Forbes

Parker keeps an eye on everyone in the office and makes sure everything runs smoothly starting at the time of booking until the Wedding day. We are a family run business that grew with Detroit's emerging popularity. We love Weddings and Events and take great care in creating a magical wedding experience located at our amazing historic venue, with on trend food & beverage, and personalized service!