Beautiful Ballrooms

Plan your wedding ceremony and reception at Detroit’s historic Colony Club! The 3rd Floor Ballroom can accommodate up to 400 guests and the 4th Floor Ballroom up to 150 for dinner and dancing. We offer convenient, all-inclusive wedding packages that include plated entrée service and a premium bar.

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue

2310 Park Ave, Detroit, MI (313) 463-4215
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Leeann L

My husband and I got married at the Colony Club on September 23rd, 2016. We cannot say enough good things about the venue, experience, and service that we had at the Colony Club! The wedding completely exceeded our expectations in every way. We and are guests had an absolute... Read More blast at the wedding- we couldn't have asked for more. My husband is from out of town and most of his family had never visited Detroit so we really wanted to showcase the culture and history of the city. The Colony Club, especially the 3rd floor ballroom, absolutely blew us away. The entire process from start to finish was seamless and stress free. The staff, especially Lauren K, was always willing to help and answer any questions quickly. Since we were planning a wedding out of town this was so helpful. We also have food allergies our family and the Colony Club was able to ensure that everyone had delicious food options and there would be no concern about anyone getting sick. Molly and Rachelle were our day of event managers and both were so friendly and extremely helpful with set up and break down and running the night flawlessly! Such a wonderful place to celebrate one of the happiest days of our lives! We could not recommend the Colony Club more.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Danielle S

We fell in love with Colony club the minute we stepped into it. The 3rd floor ballroom is beautiful and restored amazing. We loved how it didn't need much to dress it up, just some beautiful flowers to accent the decor. The wedding planning process was so easy with the entire... Read More staff here. Lauren and Nicole were so easy to work with and very quick to always respond. We were planning from Chicago and they always worked around our schedule. Our day of planner, Bertha, was so amazing. She made us smile and relax the whole night. The day and night turned out even more perfect than we planned (we planned for almost a year and a half). I would not change one thing about the day and I owe a lot of that to Colony Club. SO SO SO Happy.

Love at First Sight

Reviewed on 2/01/2015 Dana W

I know this goes without saying but planning a wedding can be pretty overwhelming to say the least. In this day and age it can be really difficult to narrow down a style or theme. My husband and I decided to try and start with the place and go from there. When I came across The... Read More Colony Club it was love at first sight. The price was perfect, lots of bang for your buck and we saved loads on decorations because the place speaks for itself! Our friends and family were blown away before they even stepped foot inside just like we were! The food was phenomenal! We had guests hovering at one of our food stations because they could not get enough! The staff was wonderful and super easy to work with from the initial consultation to our goodbyes the night of. Our event coordinator was one of the most amazing people I have ever had the honor knowing and she will always have a warm place in our hearts. Her and her staff took incredible care of my husband and I and every single one of our guests. The Colony Club was the BEST place for us to have spent the BEST day of our lives! The PERFECT place for the PERFECT day :-)

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Kelly P

We absolutely loved having our reception at the Colony Club. This is such a gorgeous downtown Detroit reception location. Everyone we worked with was so friendly and accommodating. The food was outstanding and we received so many compliments on the appetizers, dinner and the... Read More variety for the bar. We were able to add on bourbon and craft beer options which was great. We worked with both Ashley and Lauren as our coordinators and they were very quick to answer any big or small question I had. Bertha was our day of coordinator and I couldn't have asked for someone more detailed and happy to have along side us. We were blown away by the service from every person working. We didn't have a single problem from the day we booked our date. The combination of a gorgeous ballroom, excellent service and delicious food was exactly what we were looking for. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017

My husband and I recently held our wedding reception at the Colony Club and had an absolutely amazing experience. The planning process was seamless and the day of execution was perfect. We had nothing to worry about all evening. We highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Kim W

My husband and I held our ceremony and reception on June 4th at the Colony Club in the 4th Floor Ballroom. It was absolutely perfect - the food was great, the rooms were beautiful, service was excellent and it was all so organized. Everything went so smoothly thanks to the... Read More wonderful staff. Each detail was exactly - if not better - than I had imagined. During the planning stages, Lauren was so easy to work with and was so helpful with all of my questions. Bertha was our Event Manager and she was amazing, as well. I really have nothing bad to say and am just so thankful we chose to have our special day at the Colony Club.

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Heather K

We had our wedding reception in the 4th floor ballroom at The Colony Club on May 20, 2017. Everything was amazing. Lauren was very helpful in the planning stages and helped me to create my vision. She always answered my questions quickly and was patient with any requests or... Read More changes I had. Molly was the best during the reception. We had a few stressful moments and Molly kept everything on track. So many of my guests complimented how beautiful The Colony Club is and said that it was some of the best food they ever had. The service from the waitstaff and bartenders was excellent. Overall, it is a perfect venue with excellent service.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Christina J

My husband and I celebrated our wedding reception at the Colony Club on 04/21/2017- and our night could not have been more perfect! We fell in love with the beautiful third floor ballroom the minute we walked in the first time, and it was just as beautiful on our wedding day.... Read More The entire planning process was streamlined, easy, and staff was incredibly helpful every step of the way. The food was incredible- we had many guests say it was the best "wedding food" they had ever eaten. During the planning process, emails were answered promptly, and made our stress level very low. The price they quoted included everything-so no hidden fees or extras. I appreciated that our contract was straightforward and itemized, and we knew exactly what we and our guests were getting. The upstairs brides/grooms rooms were a nice plus for us, complete with safes to keep valuables in. My husband and I had a special server, who made sure our drinks were full and that we were happy all night. We could not have asked for a more perfect reception venue, and will treasure the memories we made there for the rest our our lives. It is ABSOLUTELY worth the wait to have a reception here!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kristen M

We held our wedding at the Colony Club the first weekend in June. Ashley and Molly were wonderful to work with! The third flood ballroom truly took my breath away, from the moment I saw it I knew it was the place for us! My only complaint is that we had an issue with wedding... Read More crashers from the wedding on the fourth floor. I don't think that this is a typical issue, but that that guests at that wedding were not well manored. I had to stop multiple people who were not our guests from entering our cocktail hour, before dinner was served we had an intoxicated groomsmen from the other wedding stumbling around the mezzanine, and at the end of the night my husband had to ask two wedding crashers to leave and go back to the fourth floor wedding. I spoke with Molly about this issue and I truly believe she did her best to deal with the situation. All in all the Colony Club is wonderful but if they are going to host two weddings they need to come up with a plan to keep rowdy guests in their own designated wedding .

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Sarah P

We loved our wedding at the Colony Club! The venue is so gorgeous and the staff was helpful and wonderful! Everyone we worked with was so kind and professional. The food was great! The venue is so special and we had the best time there!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Amanda H

The perfect place to have your wedding. Everyone is amazing. The event manager was even helping to clean tables. Everyone commented on how great the food was and how beautiful the room was.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Sherry M

I couldn't have pictured a more perfect wedding than what we had experienced at Colony Club. Everything was perfect! We got so many compliments from our guests. All of the employees ensured that we were all happy. The event coordinator was there every step of the way and made... Read More sure my drink was full. She even helped with pinning my dress! I would highly recommend this venue to any couple looking for great food, great service, and a great location in Detroit.

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Bianca I

I am in awe at our experience with the Colony Club for our wedding reception location. I am smiling just typing this because of the incredible experience we had. The wedding was absolutely perfect, right down from the planning with Lauren who accommodated all of our specials... Read More needs, to the staff who provided very prompt and friendly service. Concerned about the food? Don't be, it was amazing! Bertha the event manager especially took care of us the whole night, what a wonderful lady she is. And then there's the hall itself.. it's breathtaking. I am not exaggerating, I have not seen a more beautiful venue. The tall glass windows and decorative walls and ceilings, I felt truly like a princess on my wedding day. It was everything I hoped and dreamed for. All of our guests had an amazing time and the temperature of the room was perfect. We had a winter wedding so I'm not sure how it is in the summer but I cannot speak more highly of our experience. Truly the best day of our lives. Thank you Colony Club!!!

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Karly D

Our wedding was in June of 2015 and The Colony Club really did a fantastic job at meeting my expectations and providing an exceptional experience for everyone on our big day. I booked the venue over a year in advance and am so glad that I chose the Colony Club for many... Read More reasons. The 3rd floor ballroom is breathtaking and the location is conveniently located with plenty of parking. It was very easy to understand pricing and what was included in the "per head" cost. The tasting was phenomenal, I was truly surprised by the quality of the food - and yes it was equally as good the day of. Judy and Bill (the day of coordinators) were FANTASTIC! They were very professional and knew exactly how to manage vendors, guests, decorations, etc. I would recommend a day-of coordinator to anyone, and having one provided automatically is one thing that sets the Colony Club apart from other vendors. Make sure you ask questions to your event coordinator along the way because you only get around an hour at your final meeting. If there was one thing that could have been improved in the planning process it was more frequent check ins from the sales team. They do send automated emails, but it seems like there should be a meeting 3 months out (even if it's only a 30 minute phone call) and then a final meeting. Make sure you have people to help you "load out" at the end of the night as they only allow you an hour to get EVERYTHING out. This is especially challenging for the band - if you are having one. It would have been nice to a have a window of time the next morning to gather decorations that were challenging to transport the night before (i.e. large vases, pedestals). I was nervous about the heat as I read in some other reviews (and heard from the Colony Club) that the 3rd floor can get uncomfortably warm in the summer because the building is hard to cool. It ended up being 72 degrees and slightly overcast (at the end of June) and the room was a perfect temperature. All in all, the Colony Club does a fantastic job at hosting weddings. They have really thought through a lot of details and hold themselves to high standards. Thank you Colony Club!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Meredith B

The Colony Club is a gorgeous venue, and we had a terrific experience planning our wedding with them. The day itself turned out just as we'd hoped, largely due to the attentiveness and professionalism of the staff. We chose the venue about a year in advance, because it was so... Read More elegant and because so much is included in the price (food, drink, a space that needs little else in the way of decor, etc). We had our food tasting to pick our wedding meal shortly after booking, and it was SO fun! It's like being at a fancy restaurant. In the end, the food at the wedding was just as good as the food at the tasting, we got so many compliments on it! Loved the juicy steak. Ashley was our event coordinator and Judy was there on the day. Communication with Ashley (and another event coordinator before her, who left), was always smooth. I planned the wedding from another great, so we relied on email and Skype, but Ashley was very flexible and responsive and it really didn't feel much more difficult than planning it from the same city. On the day itself, everything looked just as I wanted it to, and the event ran smoothly. Judy looked after me like a mother hen, asking if she could bring me anything, asking if there was anything she could do. There was champagne and fruit and cheese in the little hidden bridal room waiting for me and the bridesmaids, just one example! Service was so professional, and they interacted wonderfully with the vendors (cake, DJ, florist) to the point where they made all the confirmation calls and I hardly even noticed how much work had gone into it because it all ran like a well-oiled machine. The room looked exquisite with the uplighting (worth the extra charge), and we heard from so many friends/family that our venue was incredibly gorgeous. We were so proud to have our wedding there, it is a truly special place. Literally the only thing I can think is - be aware if you have a larger wedding on the 4th floor (I think 125 is max, we had 100), there's plenty of room for dinner and dancing and ceremony, but the cocktail hour space is small - people were crowded in quite tightly together and it got warm. We didn't have a choice to do it any other way, but we were told 100 people were fine in that space, but it was a bit uncomfortable. But I mean, this is nitpicking. From the minute my limo pulled up and I went upstairs, the Colony Club staff made me feel like a queen, and all the work they'd put in with me for the previous months completely paid off. They made it as easy and relaxing as possible. I would highly, highly recommend this venue to anyone getting married in Detroit.

Reviewed on 11/21/2015

My daughter's wedding was 10-31-2015. It was magical and truly gorgeous! Thanks to Ashley for the remote planning with our daughter who lives in England, but wanted a wedding in Detroit. Thanks to Judy, our fabulous event manager, who made sure things went perfectly, and... Read More modified on the fly as needed. She was perfect! We could not have done it without her. Our guests felt so appreciative of the beauty that surrounded them and the wonderful food (we got many compliments). It was an elegant classy wedding that also felt friendly and cozy, despite the upscale venue. Thanks also to the rest of the staff who did a wonderful job of serving, bartending, and meeting our needs! You will not go wrong to choose the Colony Club for your wedding! Karen (mother of the bride)

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Lindsey S

Our wedding was in 10-17-15. I have to say everyone was absolutely amazed by how gorgeous and grand the colony club is. When we arrived at our hall, it took my breath away. They are very organized, and it's obviously when speaking with them, they know exactly what needs to be... Read More done. I had an absolute wonderful experience working with Ashley and Judy. I would highly recommend the colony club for a wedding venue. My guests are still telling me it was one of the most beautiful weddings they have ever attended. I still have not heard one complaint! If you want a seamless wedding, this is your venue. Lindsey & Andrew

Just Fantastic!!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Meghan D

The Colony Club was absolutely wonderful! Truly THANK YOU to you and all of the staff. Especially Lauren and Judy. Everyone was amazing. I felt ZERO worry working with your team the whole way through. The event was amazing! Our family and friends cannot stop raving about how... Read More wonderful everything was - from the service, the food, obviously the venue - just everything! Our parents are so pleased with the service they received as well. Judy was incredibly attentive to all of us! Our waiter (i am terribly sorry, i forgot his name) was absolutely perfect!! We had him at our tasting as well and was hoping he would work our wedding. We all know the Colony Club is just beautiful and i'm so honored to have held our wedding there. I am more pleased with how happy everyone was. It just shows that the whole team was on point and worked their butts off! The entire staff was so complementary and sweet during the whole day as well. I keep hearing horror stories from others that had gotten married (other venues, not the CC) and I feel honored to say that I have no horror stories! I cannot imagine any other wedding.

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Lauren S

Amazingly elegant, beautiful venue with excellent staff!!Choosing Colony Club was the easiest and best decision we made for our wedding. The staff was so organized and helpful and the venue was absolutely perfect. We received so many compliments on the quality of the food and... Read More how great the service was. I would highly recommend Lauren, Nicole, Judy and the rest of the staff to anyone looking for a beautiful wedding in the Metro Detroit area!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Breanna L

Our wedding at the Colony Club was absolutely perfect! Everyone we worked with, from our sales managers Lauren and Nicole to our Banquet Manager Bertha were incredibly attentive and wonderful to work with. A number of guests even told us our meal was not only the best "wedding... Read More food" they have ever had, but one guest even told us it was the best meal she has ever had anywhere. We were so impressed by the entire staff and cannot thank them enough for such a perfect night!

My Wedding at the Colony Club Detroit

Reviewed on 12/16/2014 Lauren C

I had to wait 14 months to have my wedding reception at the Colony Club, but it was TOTALLY worth the wait. The sales team and wedding coordinators ensured I would have NOTHING to worry about. I did not worry for one minute. It was the best. I hated planning the wedding towards... Read More the end of my engagement, but I have to say the stress paid off! I can't imagine having it anywhere else. It was classic, gorgeous, and it was so Detroit. The food was delish, which is often hard to accomplish with weddings. Everyone had a blast and I highly recommend using CC for your wedding! L

Breathtaking venue with amazing staff!

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Deanna T

We toured several wedding venues in Detroit when making our decision, and nothing compared to the Colony Club. The 3rd floor ballroom is gorgeous and perfect for a reception. The mezzanine floor with the balcony is also such a unique feature and made for a very exciting... Read More entrance! The bride's and groom's rooms on that floor were also such a nice feature, especially having a bathroom available for the bridal party to use and appetizers and drinks readily available. We rented the 4th floor ballroom as well for our ceremony, which worked perfectly, is gorgeous, and allowed for a much more intimate space. The biggest surprise to me on the day-of was just how incredible the staff was. Everything was set up perfectly, cleaned and packed up at the end of the night without me even thinking of it, and our champagne glasses never got under half-full. Everything was perfect - best decision that we made!!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Kelsey T

The Colony Club was insanely perfect. On the wedding day, it looked better than I could have ever imagined. I cannot describe how beautiful everything was. Also, the staff made my day stress-free. They were so kind and thought of everything so I didn't have to. Bill, the 4th... Read More floor coordinator, and Tracy our waitress, were wonderful and really made our wedding day perfect.

LOVED THE VENUE

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Christine L

The food, service, decoration was perfect! I knew when we stepped into the Colony Club, this was where I wanted to celebrate my wedding. Only downside is that in the summer it gets HOT inside. Everyone had a blast regardless!

Wonderful Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 6/16/2014 Jaclyn G

The Colony Club is a fantastic wedding venue. This stunning space draws you in with its ornate gold architecture, hardwood floors and balcony's fit for a princess. It's real beauty, however, isn't seen at first glance. It's behind the scenes with it's amazing staff. The entire... Read More staff at the Colony Club were so fabulous to work with. They were friendly, helpful and organized throughout the entire wedding process. I never worried about anything and was able to enjoy my entire wedding reception stress free! Guests raved about the food and incredible service all night long! They made our BIG day so easy and special from start to finish!

Meet The President

Parker James Forbes

Parker keeps an eye on everyone in the office and makes sure everything runs smoothly starting at the time of booking until the Wedding day. We are a family run business that grew with Detroit's emerging popularity. We love Weddings and Events and take great care in creating a magical wedding experience located at our amazing historic venue, with on trend food & beverage, and personalized service!