The Coronado

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

3701 LINDELL BLVD, SAINT LOUIS, MO (314) 881-4346

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Tiffany C

Stunning! Amazing service and venue. TheCoronado staff truly brought our vision to life!!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Stephanie H

Hosted our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the Coronado in Nov. 2016. The venue is very ornate, each room providing a unique experience and little is needed in terms of additional décor. We received several compliments from guests on the quality of the food. The staff... Read More took care of all of our day-of set up and vendors for a seamless execution and a wonderful experience for us, our family, and guests. Thank you Elizabeth!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Alice E

Absolutely amazing! From the moment we walked into the ballroom while still considering several other vendors, I knew that we had found the perfect place for our Wedding Reception. The Ballroom is stunning and took our breath away the night of our reception (we might have even... Read More shed a tear or two!). The service is impeccable and we cannot say enough kind words about our experience. Rob Schaefer made our whole experience and planning process simple and relaxing. My mother and I like to worry about all details and Rob made it so there was nothing to worry about. The evening was executed perfectly and our friends & family have all told us what an amazing time they had. The food from Butler's Pantry was THE best wedding meal I have ever had. If you are interested in a late night meal/snack, I would recommend the chocolate chip cookies. I still have friends that talk about how delicious the cookies were - so they are a must have! The bartenders were amazing and friends commented that there was never a line or wait - a detail that was very important to my husband and me. Thank you to Rob (and Butler's Pantry) for helping us plan the best wedding reception that we could have ever imagined! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Allison R

Less than 48 hours ago we were at the Hotel Coronado for our youngest daughter’s wedding reception. The purpose of this short note is to extend our heartfelt appreciation to you, and all the other people involved, that made the reception what it was. Throughout the evening,... Read More and since on social media and by other contacts, we’ve heard from people there that it was beautiful, amazing, wonderful, and like a fairytale. Their opinions mirror our own. We could not be more pleased! It was everything our daughter dreamed of growing up and more. The Coronado is a terrific venue and the lighting, set-up, linens, chairs, and other touches only enhanced it. We looked at several “name” Country Clubs, hotels and other venues before deciding on The Coronado and are glad we made the choice we did. We can’t imagine any other venue being better. Special thanks to you Liz and all the other leadership and staff there. Everything was done well. The complimentary valet parking, the bar service, food service, etc. were all provided efficiently and with a smile. You were always responsive and helpful, offering ideas and being incredibly flexible. Thank you! As you know, Allison is our youngest of four daughters and the last to get married. All of our daughters are beautiful and all of them had wonderful wedding receptions, but Alli’s was clearly the best. We’re hopeful that other friends will use the venue in the future so we can relive last Saturday night, although we will never forget it even if we don’t. Please extend our thanks to others involved that made the evening so special, and all the best in the future. Sincerely, Don and Trish Imholz

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Carlin S

I got married a little over a month ago at The Coronado, and it was an absolute dream! Rob and the rest of the staff really know what they're doing. They made my wedding the best day ever, and a true fairy tale!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Katherine W

There is no amount of words to describe exactly how perfect the Coronado Ballroom was for our wedding reception. For starters, it has been recently renovated to enhance the already gorgeous space. The new aesthetic is so elegant, yet eclectic – keeping the gorgeous original... Read More ceilings and floors and mixing it with a modern (gigantic!) bar and furniture. It provided the perfect back drop for drinking, dinner, and dancing. We didn’t want the night to end. The Coronado was the first (and only) venue that we looked at. It was so stunning, that we booked it the next day. Not to mention, we fell in love with Rob Schaefer, the wedding director there, and knew that he was the one person that we trusted to make our vision come to life. Right from the start, he was just a blast to work with – smart, funny, and oh-so-sassy. He knows what he’s talking about (so listen) and made our wedding night absolutely flawless. He listened to what we wanted and then offered up some wonderful suggestions (like the late night snacks and dusty rose tablecloths) to make the evening even better than we could have expected – everything was just perfect. And to make things even better, the food was unbelievable, and the flourless chocolate cake was to. die. for. We thought about possibly doing a wedding cake, but after trying the chocolate cake at the tasting, we knew we wanted to go with that option instead. Everyone raved about how delicious it was – many admitting they wanted another serving :) I could go on for days about how wonderful this wedding venue is, but I will spare you. ;) If you’re planning a wedding, I highly recommend visiting this space to see for yourself. It’s the best St. Louis has to offer. Thank you for everything, Rob! We love you! See a few photos of the evening here: http://www.katharineroberdsphoto.com/blog-1/2016/9/22/katherine-patrick-st-louis-wedding-2

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Maggie M

Rob and the amazing team at the coronado are absolutely incredible!! We loved loved loved everything and they all went above and beyond to make our night so special and perfect. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Mandy N

Absolutely amazing! My wedding reception was perfect. Excellent staff all around. I wouldn't change a thing. Maggie was awesome to work with! Highly recommend! Cheers!

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Alexis L

My husband and I had the most beautiful reception at the Coronado on 3/12/16. The space is obviously breathtaking but an additional perk was that we did not have to do much decorating--only centerpieces and table flowers. The food was absolutely amazing and there are a lot of... Read More options to pick from. Above everything, working with Rob and Liz, the event coordinators, was by far the best part about booking this venue. I live in Oklahoma, and they were so amazingly helpful and supportive. They were always friendly and answered any and every question I had. They are extremely professional and are very good at what they do. If you book the Coronado, you can be 100% sure that you will have a classy, elegant wedding with wonderful food and amazing staff at your side. Our guests raved about the space--in fact, they clapped when they saw the ballroom for the first time, and they still have not stopped talking about what a great time they had. My wedding was a dream come true. It really was. Thank you so much Rob and Liz!

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Matt L

I got married on November 7th, 2015 and had my reception at the Coronado Ballroom. I had never been to a reception at the Coronado and I now can't imagine having it any other place. I have been told over and over by my guest that is was the most beautiful wedding reception they... Read More have ever been to. Rob was so great to work with and made the whole wedding planning process easy. I can't thank the Coronado enough for the most perfect reception.

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Olivia V

A Magical Venue for a Magical Day! Where do I even begin with writing a review for a venue and staff that far exceeded our expectations for our wedding day? My husband and I, along with my parents, had an incredible experience working with Rob. His attention to detail made... Read More every single part of our big day on New Year's Eve magical, to say the least. We had both our ceremony and reception at The Coronado. We had a musician for the ceremony who played a non-traditional wedding song for the processional and Rob helped make the timing impeccable. It was our favorite part of the entire day. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. Once the reception started and my husband and I made it to our sweetheart table, we found that the remaining wine (my husband's favorite) used for communion was already at our table. When we were walking around mingling while guests were beginning to be served dinner, the staff made sure to leave our plates covered so our food would remain hot until we returned back to our seats. While these details seem small in the grand scheme of things, it only helped add the perfect touch and make our day even more memorable. Rob and the staff literally thought of everything to help our day go smoothly. Our guests were extremely impressed with the beauty of the venue and professionalism of the staff. They are still talking about our big day! Thank you Rob and The Coronado for an unbelievable day that we will never forget!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Maura D

When looking for a wedding venue my husband and I struggled finding the best location for our vision and guest list size. A friend recommend we check out the Coronado. There is no denying its beauty and elegance from the moment you walk in the door. After saying yes to the... Read More location we hit some bumps along the way. A few months in there was a transition period resulting in a communication break down. Once back on track, things went well until the rehearsal. I was less than impressed with the professionalism of the Executive Sales Director through out the wedding weekend. His attitude reflected that we were imposing on him and his time instead of him being there for us. His curt attitude towards not only the bridal party but our guests was a great disappointment. During the ceremony there was laughter and talking coming from the waitstaff in the ballroom, guests have commented on this. Prior to the start of the reception, the lights were flickered to the point guests made comments on this also. Our guests were told they didn't need their escort cards, they just needed to sit down (these were part of their favors). Our guest book was disassembled to the point it didn't serve the purpose we designed it to. Additionally guests were reprimanded for using the restroom at certain times or attempting to talk to me when the Executive Sales Director was trying to get my attention. I wish the professionalism of the Executive Sales Director reflected the same as the beauty of the venue.

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Courtney F

My parents hosted my wedding reception at the Coronado Ballroom, and Rob Schaefer was our coordinator. I was truly impressed by the entire event! The cocktail space was large enough to accommodate a large guest list of 260+; the servers and bar tenders were attentive and... Read More courteous. The ballroom was truly gorgeous and elegant. The dinner service was prompt and professional. Butler's Pantry provided the most delicious and beautifully presented wedding dinner that I have ever seen. Rob was wonderful to work with, from day one. He was very attentive and accommodating to my parents' wishes and visions for the wedding reception. He responds to e-mails in a timely manner. He is polite, courteous and very experienced. Most of all - you can tell he truly enjoys his career! Thank you to Rob and Butler's Pantry for making my wedding reception a truly magical evening - a fun time was had by all!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Keisha W

Holy cow- Rob is absolutely amazing. We planned our wedding from out of town, so scheduling time to meet and take care of business was often difficult. Rob made it a point to make and exception and meet with us on a weekend- he took time out of his busy life to help us make our... Read More wedding decisions! He was very accommodating, even throughout the Coronado's transition to Butlers Pantry catering, and renovations. He was so much fun, and made us feel like we were more to him and his business than just clients. The Coronado itself was absolutely amazing. The renovations were beautiful, and the ballroom was the elegant classic feel we were striving for. The food!! DELICIOUS. One of my favorite aspects of the Coronado was the wait staff synchronized serving each guest at a table. It was stunning! If I had to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

Stunning, beautiful, breathtaking, wonderful.... There are a lot of words that could be used to attempt to describe the experience my wife and I had with and at the Coronado. Yet, no single word can adequately convey how blown away we were by the experience. We are of the... Read More belief that while the enjoyment of a wedding day is most important for the bride and groom, it is also important to ensure that the guests who have offered so much support over the years that got you to this day are given an enjoyable evening as well. When we scheduled a visit to the Coronado, we honestly did not expect to like it. We thought we were looking for something more modern in the industrial type style that seems to be so trendy. But I am perfectly happy to admit that we were wrong. We had no idea what we wanted, because when we first walked into the lobby at the Coronado, we fell in love. We knew immediately that this was the perfect location for which we were looking. It is a gorgeous venue that is classy and open. The cocktail area is well lit and contains a piano and a bar. It was a perfect precursor to the beautiful ballroom where we and our guests would be spending the remainder of the evening dancing, conversing and having the time of our lives. Further, the food was the absolute best food I have ever eaten at a wedding. From the salad to the entrée, to the presentation of our wedding cake, I am confident in saying you cannot find better. Going into the tasting, I had heard a lot of good things about the food. But we thought that was relative to "wedding food." We were wrong again. The Coronado gives the best restaurants in St. Louis a run for their money. And its not just us saying that, our guests confirmed it. And then there is Rob Schaefer, the director and MVP of the Coronado. He puts the "P" in professional. He understands the importance of a wedding day, and immediately after meeting him we had the utmost confidence that he would ensure our day was perfect. He worked us through every detail, offered suggestions yet was not forceful, and never let the word "disappoint" even cross our minds. And he was hilarious and personable. You are doing yourself a disservice if you do not at least check out the Coronado. Our guests had a blast. We had a blast. And most importantly, we have the memories of a perfect wedding reception.

SOOOO disappointed!!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 sandy a

after all the anticipation of waiting to get married there..... horrible service. No one cared....the bars looked horrible... sloppy covers... unorganized

Lovely Luncheon Wedding

Reviewed on 2/06/2015 Christina G

My husband and I were married at the Coronado and had a luncheon in the ballroom following the ceremony. It was just like a fairy tale. The ballroom is gorgeous and Rob, the coordinator, took care of every last detail. The whole event exceeded our expectations and we still... Read More receive compliments on how beautiful it all was. My one, very small, complaint is about the parking situation. If you do not want your guests to have to do street parking in the city you will either need to pay for the garage or valet parking. That was an extra expense that was not made completely clear to us at the beginning. But the Coronado Ballroom was worth it!

Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 1/30/2015 Laura C

I had my wedding at the Coronado in February 2014. It was absolutely amazing and was told by many people it was the most beautiful wedding they’ve ever attended. Rob was our wedding coordinator and he made it so easy for us – I don’t think I can stress this enough – he really is... Read More the best. Neither my fiancé nor I had much of an idea of what we wanted. We gave Rob a few small ideas and he came up with this wonderful vision that we could never have imagined and certainly would not have never come up with on our own. The food and cake were delicious. Having the venue, caterer, and baker in the same place was really convenient because you have fewer venders to select and coordinate with. We also received recommendations for other vendors that all worked out great. I've heard so many people say they don’t remember or didn’t have fun at their own wedding, we both had so much fun because everything was perfect and there really was nothing we had to worry about.

2015-02-02T11:25:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Laura! Your wedding was magical!

June 27, 2014 Beattie-Cox Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 12/03/2014

Run... do not walk to see this venue! As beautiful as this room is, it pales in comparison to the director, Rob Schaefer. Our reception was more than we dreamed it would be. Rob is sooo kind and professional and, well, I won't spoil the surprise, but you cannot believe the... Read More service at dinner!!! I have never tasted a more scrumptious wedding cake in my life... I looked at my husband and said... "It just happens to be our cake!" Overall, the food, the service, the room, all of the employees are simply incredible. Rob Schaefer is an absolute gem. He is a perfectionist in all the best of ways! He is so organized... he even packed our car! When our reception was over, all we took to our car was our keys! The Coronado is a total package. No hidden charges and the menu for each guest compares to no other venue! It truly was a fairy tale reception... may anyone reading this review be as fortunate and grateful as we were!

Absolutely Stunning!

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Lindsay N

My husband and I held our wedding reception here on November 1, 2014. Rob and the staff at the Coronado made our dream wedding come true! From the moment I met Rob, I was confident he would make this happen. Rob is a true professional who is passionate about his work. Throughout... Read More the night, Rob made sure we were enjoying ourselves. I never had to worry about anything! Not only was Rob extremely accommodating and reliable, but the ballroom was absolutely stunning! I was in shock when I saw the ballroom for the first time. It was all I could every dream of and more! The food and cake (pumpkin spice) were outstanding--guests are still raving about it! We had the best night of our lives and are so happy we chose The Coronado.

Fabulous Experience!

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Amy G

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Coronado and we loved every minute! We can't think of anything that we would do differently or that could have gone better. Rob was wonderful to partner with for our big day. He was great at keeping me sane and his attention to... Read More detail, ideas, and overall demeanor made this truly an experience we will never forget. The room was beautiful and everything looked fantastic! The professionalism of everyone we worked with was second to none and we have had numerous compliments about what a great event we had. It was a lovely, elegant wedding - which is exactly what we hoped to have. Rob made the evening run smoothly, and I knew we didn't have to worry about a thing!

Exceeded our High expectations!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Jennifer N

Our daughter had her wedding reception at the Coronado and we cannot think of anything that we would do differently or that could have gone better. Rob was great to work with. His attention to detail, his ideas, and creativity made this truly an evening that we and our guests... Read More will never forget. The room was stunning and everything looked absolutely perfect! The food was fabulous and we had many compliments. We even had compliments about the servers being so attentive and pleasant!! So many of our guests have said that they have never been to such an elegant wedding - which is exactly what we wanted!! Even the valet service was flawless. And knowing Rob was in charge that evening my husband and I were able to enjoy the evening. Yes! We would choose the Coronado again!!!

I was blown away!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Amanda H

I worked with Rob at the Coronado and he made sure our wedding was absolutely stunning! My jaw hit the floor when I entered the room for the first time to see how it all came together. Unbelievably beautiful, all my guests raved about the food and the cake, and everyone just... Read More had such an amazing time. I wish I could do it all again! :)

Best Venue in Saint Louis.

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Shana S

I'm a bride from NY, and planning my wedding from far away started off as a nightmare. Most venues in STL were cookie cutter nothing felt special at all. I saw many places before I went to the Coronado. I liked the pictures from their site, but wasn't overly enthusiastic. I... Read More was stunned when I saw it in person. It's is breath taking, and if you're like me and constantly considering photo opportunities, this is the place for you. The only thing better then the over all appearance, is Rob Schaefer the coordinator. His vision is amazing. He walked me through the whole thing and kept me calm and comfortable through the whole planning process. The day of the wedding I was able to just leave everything in his hands and have complete confidence. It was a relaxing day where most brides get stressed. The food was amazing I have never been to a wedding were I truly enjoyed the food and felt I was getting my monies worth. The entire staff was so friendly and just made my night easy. I can't praise this place enough. They went above and beyond in every aspect. Decorating, the food, the cake, overall just coordination of the night. If you want your fairy tale wedding go to the Coronado.

The search is over!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Nicole E

I can't say enough wonderful things about Rob and his team at the Coronado. This venue was exactly what my husband and I were looking for and together with our vendors and Rob's expertise, we were able to have our vision come to life. So much so that we were moved to tears... Read More upon seeing the room for the first time at the reception. I always looked forward to every meeting at The Coronado during the wedding planning process b/c i knew Rob would have another new idea that we would fall in love with because he took the time to get to know us and what we wanted for our guests at the reception. He is a true visionary and one of the best in his profession! Trust you will be in excellent hands and you will have a UNIQUE experience for the two of you and your guests. Oh and the food...where do i begin! Every guest is still talking about the food and how yummy it was. We were able to take advantage of the new fall menu and eventhough i think the one we selected was perfect, i really don't think we could have gone wrong with any of the selections. We had the cake of our dreams...the smores cake! The pastry chef is a GENIUS!!! If you are still on the search for a location, go directly to the Coronado and your search will end because it is simply the best!