The Coronado

A Coronado reception is a fairy tale wedding come true. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate in customer service unparalleled in St. Louis. We are not only a wedding venue but consider ourselves to be wedding specialists with many years of experience executing perfect events.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

3701 LINDELL BLVD, SAINT LOUIS, MO (314) 881-4346

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Crystal B

The Coronado was the most beautiful venue. Courtney and Nicole from Butlers Pantry were extremely helpful and attentive from beginning to end. The food was delicious. It truly was my dream wedding; and better than imaginable.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Katie C

Everything about this venue was perfect! The team at Butler Pantry, especially my Coordinator Courtney Kluge was so helpful from day one. Courtney brought my ideas to life and exceeded every expectation I had. Courtney coordinated with my other vendors so that my wedding was... Read More seamless. And the food!! Each meal was something you be served at a fine dining restaurant. All our guests raved about the food and service. I couldn’t of been happier with choosing the Coronado as our venue for the most special day of our lives thus far.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Casey D

Beautiful space, excellent food, wonderful staff... the perfect venue! We were amazed at how easy they made the entire planning process. Tasha and the staff went above and behind to make the reception perfect! We had the ceremony and reception here, and the transition was... Read More flawless and they completely transformed the space during the cocktail hour... definitely a well oiled machine!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Brittany W

Liz was my co-ordinator for my wedding and she was amazing and so helpful with every last detail. Unfortunately, at the last second I did have to change to Tasha because Liz was moving but I was in good hands :) The venue was amazing and everything turned out stunning.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Haley J

I cannot say enough good things about the Coronado Ballroom. Not only is it a beautiful venue that gave me amazing pictures and video footage, but the staff and set up were incredible. I was surprised at how easy the Coronado made the "Wedding Planning" process because of how... Read More chaotic people make it out to be. It really was quite easy and they made sure to accommodate my busy schedule and were very open and understanding of my 'wants' as a Bride. I got SO MANY COMPLIMENTS on the food and how beautiful everything was. Courtney K. was the coordinator for my event and she went above and beyond to make sure that my day was everything I wanted it to be. She always answered emails promptly, detailed my contract and made changes when I asked her to. She made me feel so comfortable with her organization of the rehearsal and she orchestrated the wedding day perfectly. I appreciate how present Courtney was the entire day and that she did all the little things that really make a difference in how the day played out. Without a doubt, I made the BEST decision having my wedding here and would be willing to answer any questions anyone might have ([email protected]). Schedule a time to check them out, you wont be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Constanza J

The Coronado was the perfect venue for our wedding! Everything was perfect! Rob and his team were so helpful! The place is so elegant and the food is amazing. Thanks Rob!!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Don P

Absolutely beautiful ballroom. The custom uplighting and huge dance floor were ideal for the elegant feel we wanted for our wedding reception. The staff was really easy to work with and paid a lot of attention to details (even ones I hadn't thought of! ). The food was so... Read More impressive to all my guests and so delicious! On the wedding day, I really had nothing to worry about; all of the events planned throughout the night went smoothly. Months later, my friends and family are still talking about the amazing time we had! If you choose this venue, you won't regret the investment! Thank you Coronado! -KP

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Tiffany C

Stunning! Amazing service and venue. TheCoronado staff truly brought our vision to life!!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Stephanie H

Hosted our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the Coronado in Nov. 2016. The venue is very ornate, each room providing a unique experience and little is needed in terms of additional décor. We received several compliments from guests on the quality of the food. The staff... Read More took care of all of our day-of set up and vendors for a seamless execution and a wonderful experience for us, our family, and guests. Thank you Elizabeth!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Alice E

Absolutely amazing! From the moment we walked into the ballroom while still considering several other vendors, I knew that we had found the perfect place for our Wedding Reception. The Ballroom is stunning and took our breath away the night of our reception (we might have even... Read More shed a tear or two!). The service is impeccable and we cannot say enough kind words about our experience. Rob Schaefer made our whole experience and planning process simple and relaxing. My mother and I like to worry about all details and Rob made it so there was nothing to worry about. The evening was executed perfectly and our friends & family have all told us what an amazing time they had. The food from Butler's Pantry was THE best wedding meal I have ever had. If you are interested in a late night meal/snack, I would recommend the chocolate chip cookies. I still have friends that talk about how delicious the cookies were - so they are a must have! The bartenders were amazing and friends commented that there was never a line or wait - a detail that was very important to my husband and me. Thank you to Rob (and Butler's Pantry) for helping us plan the best wedding reception that we could have ever imagined! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Allison R

Less than 48 hours ago we were at the Hotel Coronado for our youngest daughter’s wedding reception. The purpose of this short note is to extend our heartfelt appreciation to you, and all the other people involved, that made the reception what it was. Throughout the evening,... Read More and since on social media and by other contacts, we’ve heard from people there that it was beautiful, amazing, wonderful, and like a fairytale. Their opinions mirror our own. We could not be more pleased! It was everything our daughter dreamed of growing up and more. The Coronado is a terrific venue and the lighting, set-up, linens, chairs, and other touches only enhanced it. We looked at several “name” Country Clubs, hotels and other venues before deciding on The Coronado and are glad we made the choice we did. We can’t imagine any other venue being better. Special thanks to you Liz and all the other leadership and staff there. Everything was done well. The complimentary valet parking, the bar service, food service, etc. were all provided efficiently and with a smile. You were always responsive and helpful, offering ideas and being incredibly flexible. Thank you! As you know, Allison is our youngest of four daughters and the last to get married. All of our daughters are beautiful and all of them had wonderful wedding receptions, but Alli’s was clearly the best. We’re hopeful that other friends will use the venue in the future so we can relive last Saturday night, although we will never forget it even if we don’t. Please extend our thanks to others involved that made the evening so special, and all the best in the future. Sincerely, Don and Trish Imholz

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Carlin S

I got married a little over a month ago at The Coronado, and it was an absolute dream! Rob and the rest of the staff really know what they're doing. They made my wedding the best day ever, and a true fairy tale!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Katherine W

There is no amount of words to describe exactly how perfect the Coronado Ballroom was for our wedding reception. For starters, it has been recently renovated to enhance the already gorgeous space. The new aesthetic is so elegant, yet eclectic – keeping the gorgeous original... Read More ceilings and floors and mixing it with a modern (gigantic!) bar and furniture. It provided the perfect back drop for drinking, dinner, and dancing. We didn’t want the night to end. The Coronado was the first (and only) venue that we looked at. It was so stunning, that we booked it the next day. Not to mention, we fell in love with Rob Schaefer, the wedding director there, and knew that he was the one person that we trusted to make our vision come to life. Right from the start, he was just a blast to work with – smart, funny, and oh-so-sassy. He knows what he’s talking about (so listen) and made our wedding night absolutely flawless. He listened to what we wanted and then offered up some wonderful suggestions (like the late night snacks and dusty rose tablecloths) to make the evening even better than we could have expected – everything was just perfect. And to make things even better, the food was unbelievable, and the flourless chocolate cake was to. die. for. We thought about possibly doing a wedding cake, but after trying the chocolate cake at the tasting, we knew we wanted to go with that option instead. Everyone raved about how delicious it was – many admitting they wanted another serving :) I could go on for days about how wonderful this wedding venue is, but I will spare you. ;) If you’re planning a wedding, I highly recommend visiting this space to see for yourself. It’s the best St. Louis has to offer. Thank you for everything, Rob! We love you! See a few photos of the evening here: http://www.katharineroberdsphoto.com/blog-1/2016/9/22/katherine-patrick-st-louis-wedding-2

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Maggie M

Rob and the amazing team at the coronado are absolutely incredible!! We loved loved loved everything and they all went above and beyond to make our night so special and perfect. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Mandy N

Absolutely amazing! My wedding reception was perfect. Excellent staff all around. I wouldn't change a thing. Maggie was awesome to work with! Highly recommend! Cheers!

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Alexis L

My husband and I had the most beautiful reception at the Coronado on 3/12/16. The space is obviously breathtaking but an additional perk was that we did not have to do much decorating--only centerpieces and table flowers. The food was absolutely amazing and there are a lot of... Read More options to pick from. Above everything, working with Rob and Liz, the event coordinators, was by far the best part about booking this venue. I live in Oklahoma, and they were so amazingly helpful and supportive. They were always friendly and answered any and every question I had. They are extremely professional and are very good at what they do. If you book the Coronado, you can be 100% sure that you will have a classy, elegant wedding with wonderful food and amazing staff at your side. Our guests raved about the space--in fact, they clapped when they saw the ballroom for the first time, and they still have not stopped talking about what a great time they had. My wedding was a dream come true. It really was. Thank you so much Rob and Liz!

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Matt L

I got married on November 7th, 2015 and had my reception at the Coronado Ballroom. I had never been to a reception at the Coronado and I now can't imagine having it any other place. I have been told over and over by my guest that is was the most beautiful wedding reception they... Read More have ever been to. Rob was so great to work with and made the whole wedding planning process easy. I can't thank the Coronado enough for the most perfect reception.

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Olivia V

A Magical Venue for a Magical Day! Where do I even begin with writing a review for a venue and staff that far exceeded our expectations for our wedding day? My husband and I, along with my parents, had an incredible experience working with Rob. His attention to detail made... Read More every single part of our big day on New Year's Eve magical, to say the least. We had both our ceremony and reception at The Coronado. We had a musician for the ceremony who played a non-traditional wedding song for the processional and Rob helped make the timing impeccable. It was our favorite part of the entire day. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. Once the reception started and my husband and I made it to our sweetheart table, we found that the remaining wine (my husband's favorite) used for communion was already at our table. When we were walking around mingling while guests were beginning to be served dinner, the staff made sure to leave our plates covered so our food would remain hot until we returned back to our seats. While these details seem small in the grand scheme of things, it only helped add the perfect touch and make our day even more memorable. Rob and the staff literally thought of everything to help our day go smoothly. Our guests were extremely impressed with the beauty of the venue and professionalism of the staff. They are still talking about our big day! Thank you Rob and The Coronado for an unbelievable day that we will never forget!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Maura D

When looking for a wedding venue my husband and I struggled finding the best location for our vision and guest list size. A friend recommend we check out the Coronado. There is no denying its beauty and elegance from the moment you walk in the door. After saying yes to the... Read More location we hit some bumps along the way. A few months in there was a transition period resulting in a communication break down. Once back on track, things went well until the rehearsal. I was less than impressed with the professionalism of the Executive Sales Director through out the wedding weekend. His attitude reflected that we were imposing on him and his time instead of him being there for us. His curt attitude towards not only the bridal party but our guests was a great disappointment. During the ceremony there was laughter and talking coming from the waitstaff in the ballroom, guests have commented on this. Prior to the start of the reception, the lights were flickered to the point guests made comments on this also. Our guests were told they didn't need their escort cards, they just needed to sit down (these were part of their favors). Our guest book was disassembled to the point it didn't serve the purpose we designed it to. Additionally guests were reprimanded for using the restroom at certain times or attempting to talk to me when the Executive Sales Director was trying to get my attention. I wish the professionalism of the Executive Sales Director reflected the same as the beauty of the venue.

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Courtney F

My parents hosted my wedding reception at the Coronado Ballroom, and Rob Schaefer was our coordinator. I was truly impressed by the entire event! The cocktail space was large enough to accommodate a large guest list of 260+; the servers and bar tenders were attentive and... Read More courteous. The ballroom was truly gorgeous and elegant. The dinner service was prompt and professional. Butler's Pantry provided the most delicious and beautifully presented wedding dinner that I have ever seen. Rob was wonderful to work with, from day one. He was very attentive and accommodating to my parents' wishes and visions for the wedding reception. He responds to e-mails in a timely manner. He is polite, courteous and very experienced. Most of all - you can tell he truly enjoys his career! Thank you to Rob and Butler's Pantry for making my wedding reception a truly magical evening - a fun time was had by all!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Keisha W

Holy cow- Rob is absolutely amazing. We planned our wedding from out of town, so scheduling time to meet and take care of business was often difficult. Rob made it a point to make and exception and meet with us on a weekend- he took time out of his busy life to help us make our... Read More wedding decisions! He was very accommodating, even throughout the Coronado's transition to Butlers Pantry catering, and renovations. He was so much fun, and made us feel like we were more to him and his business than just clients. The Coronado itself was absolutely amazing. The renovations were beautiful, and the ballroom was the elegant classic feel we were striving for. The food!! DELICIOUS. One of my favorite aspects of the Coronado was the wait staff synchronized serving each guest at a table. It was stunning! If I had to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

Stunning, beautiful, breathtaking, wonderful.... There are a lot of words that could be used to attempt to describe the experience my wife and I had with and at the Coronado. Yet, no single word can adequately convey how blown away we were by the experience. We are of the... Read More belief that while the enjoyment of a wedding day is most important for the bride and groom, it is also important to ensure that the guests who have offered so much support over the years that got you to this day are given an enjoyable evening as well. When we scheduled a visit to the Coronado, we honestly did not expect to like it. We thought we were looking for something more modern in the industrial type style that seems to be so trendy. But I am perfectly happy to admit that we were wrong. We had no idea what we wanted, because when we first walked into the lobby at the Coronado, we fell in love. We knew immediately that this was the perfect location for which we were looking. It is a gorgeous venue that is classy and open. The cocktail area is well lit and contains a piano and a bar. It was a perfect precursor to the beautiful ballroom where we and our guests would be spending the remainder of the evening dancing, conversing and having the time of our lives. Further, the food was the absolute best food I have ever eaten at a wedding. From the salad to the entrée, to the presentation of our wedding cake, I am confident in saying you cannot find better. Going into the tasting, I had heard a lot of good things about the food. But we thought that was relative to "wedding food." We were wrong again. The Coronado gives the best restaurants in St. Louis a run for their money. And its not just us saying that, our guests confirmed it. And then there is Rob Schaefer, the director and MVP of the Coronado. He puts the "P" in professional. He understands the importance of a wedding day, and immediately after meeting him we had the utmost confidence that he would ensure our day was perfect. He worked us through every detail, offered suggestions yet was not forceful, and never let the word "disappoint" even cross our minds. And he was hilarious and personable. You are doing yourself a disservice if you do not at least check out the Coronado. Our guests had a blast. We had a blast. And most importantly, we have the memories of a perfect wedding reception.

SOOOO disappointed!!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 sandy a

after all the anticipation of waiting to get married there..... horrible service. No one cared....the bars looked horrible... sloppy covers... unorganized

Lovely Luncheon Wedding

Reviewed on 2/06/2015 Christina G

My husband and I were married at the Coronado and had a luncheon in the ballroom following the ceremony. It was just like a fairy tale. The ballroom is gorgeous and Rob, the coordinator, took care of every last detail. The whole event exceeded our expectations and we still... Read More receive compliments on how beautiful it all was. My one, very small, complaint is about the parking situation. If you do not want your guests to have to do street parking in the city you will either need to pay for the garage or valet parking. That was an extra expense that was not made completely clear to us at the beginning. But the Coronado Ballroom was worth it!

Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 1/30/2015 Laura C

I had my wedding at the Coronado in February 2014. It was absolutely amazing and was told by many people it was the most beautiful wedding they’ve ever attended. Rob was our wedding coordinator and he made it so easy for us – I don’t think I can stress this enough – he really is... Read More the best. Neither my fiancé nor I had much of an idea of what we wanted. We gave Rob a few small ideas and he came up with this wonderful vision that we could never have imagined and certainly would not have never come up with on our own. The food and cake were delicious. Having the venue, caterer, and baker in the same place was really convenient because you have fewer venders to select and coordinate with. We also received recommendations for other vendors that all worked out great. I've heard so many people say they don’t remember or didn’t have fun at their own wedding, we both had so much fun because everything was perfect and there really was nothing we had to worry about.

2015-02-02T11:25:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Laura! Your wedding was magical!