The Crossings At Carlsbad

Carlsbad, CA

Say I Do with an Ocean View

Be inspired, by The Crossings at Carlsbad's 28,000 square foot clubhouse and wedding ceremony site, offering beautiful emerald-green backgrounds and panoramic ocean views that are picture perfect. Call today to book your special event date.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Country Club, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

5800 The Crossings Dr, Carlsbad, CA

Most Perfect Day

Reviewed on 3/05/2014 Brittany C

There are not enough ways I can express my gratitude to The Crossings for all that they did in the months leading up to, and the day of our wedding. Choosing this venue as the place to have our wedding and reception was by the far the best decision we ever made. This place has... Read More the most incredible Wedding Packages to insure that you will get the most out of your budget. From the moment we expressed interest, the girls at the Crossings (Sara and Lindsay) made us feel important and appreciated. They were in constant communication with us through the months, and they were always there to answer questions, and send us information that would help with the planning process. We were even invited to try out the entrees to help with our menu selection. Needless to say, we were blown away by the presentation and the taste of the food. It is absolutely delicious. Hats off to our chef! Lindsay ended up being our Day of Coordinator, and she was fabulous in every sense of the word. She kept everything running smoothly, and made sure the day went off without a hitch. She was on top of every little detail, including the rehearsal, and we cannot thank her enough for all that she did. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. From the breathtaking views of the ocean and foothills, to the gorgeous patio for cocktail hour, and the beautiful lighting for the reception. It was all executed with such precision and expertise. Our guests were raving about how stunning everything looked, and how the food was some of the best they had ever tasted at a wedding. The staff made everyone feel like a VIP, which was more than appreciated by all. The Crossings really knows how to put on an impressive wedding, and they truly helped create a lifetime of memories for us. We miss Lindsay, and the Crossings team already!

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Shantal V

My Fiance and I got married 2 weeks ago at The Crossings and we cannot say enough good things about it. The food was delicious and the venue was beautiful. We didn't have to worry about any little details that day because our wedding coordinator, Becca, made sure everything went... Read More smoothly and fixed any glitches that may have occurred. The location for the bride & groom photos that was provided by the Crossings was gorgeous. It was on the golf course by a waterfall and it made the pictures 100X better. It really was the perfect wedding day and I wouldn't change anything about the venue.

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Jessica

This venue is absolutely beautiful and Sara was such a pleasure to work with! We fell in love with The Crossings from the moment we walked in and are so happy we chose to have our wedding day here. The ceremony lawn is gorgeous, there's a great balcony for outdoor cocktail hour... Read More and the reception space is very unique with vaulted ceilings and large windows showcasing the amazing ocean/golf course views. They offer flexible packages that include everything which made the planning process a lot easier. We went out on the golf course for our bride/groom photos and there was great waterfall/bridge backdrops, which turned out stunning. The food was amazing too, our guests were raving about the appetizers/dinner. There's a couple hotels across the street, which was very convenient for all of our out of town guests and the bridal party. The best part of it all though was the service! Sara was so helpful throughout the entire planning process. She genuinely cares about creating a magical wedding day. Her friendly personality, responsiveness and attention to detail really put us at ease. She was there to coordinate vendors and kept the timeline of events flowing nicely. We didn't worry once on our wedding day and were truly able to enjoy every moment. Cannot say enough good things about The Crossings and Sara. You really exceeded our expectations and turned our wedding day dreams into a reality. Thanks for everything!! :) -Jessica & Brian

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Nicole M

I just had my wedding here a couple weeks ago...BEAUTIFUL...Beyond what I could even image for my wedding! The Crossings takes good care of you and make sure you have a wonderful wedding! Lindsey, who is a wedding day coordinator there, is absolutely fabulous! Otherwise, I... Read More highly recommend the Crossings!

Beautiful, easy, and all around amazing

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Robyn L

Choosing The Crossings as our wedding venue was the best choice we made throughout all of our wedding planning. My husband and I could not be any happier with how everything went from when we signed our contract at The Crossings to the day of our wedding. Lindsey was our... Read More coordinator throughout all of the planning. Her responsiveness, energy, and assistance made planning so enjoyable and fun! All of our guests were impressed with the food, service, and overall experience during our ceremony and reception at The Crossings. Thank you to the entire staff (especially Lindsey) for everything!!! :)

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Michael N

This venue is such a beautiful place for wedding. The view is great, the service is great. Especially, the wedding coordinator is very helpful. The venue has such a great wedding package with a reasonable and affordable price. The package includes cake, pre-setup for the... Read More wedding, on day-of wedding coordinator. People there are very happy, helpful and professional. The only many of guests complained was that the food didn't meet the expectation. Many guests said that the steak were rare. And everyone said that the bread was very hard to eat. It could be due to the large amount of food that the kitchen staff had to make in advance, and each person has different preference for steak. But regardless, I love this venue, guest enjoyed the venue. The crossings at Carlsbad is a beautiful venue for a wedding. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Trinity S

I have nothing but good things to say about The Crossings! Lindsey Bockoven was assigned as our coordinator. We are from out of town and she worked with us the whole way through. She made sure our schedules coordinated, all of my details i wanted for the wedding were set exactly... Read More like i wanted them to be, she met with us numerous times to go over table setting details, ceremony set up, the location of every little detail, and i received charts of exactly what everything would look like. I recommend going to their Bridal Show to try all of the appetizers ahead of time. She was also available the whole day of the ceremony, she made sure all of the vendors were taken care of so everyone could enjoy the wedding. She checked on us throughout the wedding to make sure everything was just as we wanted. The location was beautiful, the staff is very helpful, the rooms available for the ceremony are beautiful and a lot of space, the balcony was perfect for our cocktail hour, the view was something from photographs. All of our guests had an amazing time. We did the saturday morning wedding with a lunch ceremony. Great price and just the right amount of time for everything we wanted to get done for our big day!

Exactly the Wedding I Wanted

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Ashley S

The staff at the Crossings were absolutely amazing. Upon using the venue you are assigned a coordinator to help you on the day of and to answer any questions you have along the way. My coordinator was Lindsey and I cannot express how grateful I was to have her. I'm a type A and... Read More like everything perfect. I thought for sure I'd be stressed about the details on the wedding day but Lindsey didn't allow for that. She made everything run so smoothly! I was able to enjoy my wedding and not have a worry in the world. It really made all the difference! Not only was Lindsey great, but the venue itself was spectacular. Everything was absolutely gorgeous and the food was delicious! Almost every guest made it a point to tell me how amazed they were with my venue and how much fun they had. Although they are a little pricey, I would have my wedding at the Crossings again in a heart beat. Everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Heather C

From the moment I saw the Crossings I knew I wanted this to be the venue for my wedding. The beautiful clubhouse (which in my eyes looks like a castle) along with the gorgeous ocean view from the ceremony and dining area, made the choice so easy. I felt like a princess walking... Read More down the grand staircase! Lindsey was our coordinator; she was great and responded to all of my hundreds of emails. She was so accommodating and helpful with the whole planning process. Even when we found out there was a possibility for rain during the ceremony. She helped keep me calm and explained all my options. Everything worked out and it stopped raining just 1 hour before the ceremony began, which made the ocean view even more spectacular. Lindsey was also so helpful in allowing options for me to verify I got everything I wanted out of my wedding. For example, they even allowed me to extend the cocktail hour to an hour and a half so that I had enough time to head down to the beach for bridal party pictures, which is the one thing I really wanted. The day of the event, Lindsey dealt with everything and I didn't even know when 2 additional people showed up at last minute notice, she was able to fix the situation and everything went off smoothly. The food was great and I loved that they have a package that include having your cake from VGs bakery (famous bakery in Carlsbad). I cant express enough how awesome The Crossings (including Lindsey and all of her staff) were for the whole planning process and the day of. I will absolutely be recommending this beautiful venue to all of my friends!

Awesome venue

Reviewed on 2/25/2015 Alexis G

Our guests can't stop talking about how amazing our venue was and how great the food was. I highly recommend The Crossings.

Beautiful and the Biggest Bang for your Buck!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2014 Mechelle B

My wedding was held at The Crossings on July 4,2014 and I can't say enough GREAT things nor can my guest. We had about 120 guests who attended. Everything from the ceremony, reception, food, fireworks, and service were stellar in beauty and quality. The staff made the day simply... Read More perfect and my guests could not believe how excellent the food was - every meal option received rave reviews. Lindsey Bockoven was my day of coordinator and was there not only to support on the day of the wedding but also was a tremendous help leading up to the big day. The ceremony was held outside and the reception indoors in the clubhouse. The entire day looked WAY more expensive than what we actually paid- you truly get the biggest bang for your buck.

We Loved The Crossings!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 Michaella S

My husband and I recently got married at The Crossings At Carlsbad, and couldn't be happier with our venue selection!! From the very start, we were assigned someone to e-mail or call with all of our questions/concerns. We had Becca Hartegan as our day of coordinator, and were... Read More VERY impressed with her responsiveness to e-mails, patience with numerous questions, and overall professionalism when it came to her job. Becca would always answer any question we had for her, and in a quick manner. The Crossings At Carlsbad was very flexible when it came to us wanting to set up for our wedding the evening prior at our rehearsal, since no other event was occurring that evening. This allowed us to be a little more stress free the morning of our wedding. The service was excellent, both from what I witnessed as the bride, as well as what I have heard from guests. As soon as our ceremony had ended, everyone was instantly greeted with champagne/mimosas. From what I heard from guests, there were more than enough appetizers to go around at cocktail hour. The food that was included in our package was INCREDIBLE! Everyone was impressed by it's quality, temperature, and arrival time. The scenery for the ceremony location at the Crossings is breathtaking, and the reception room is absolutely gorgeous. If we were to choose a venue all over again, it would definitely be the Crossings, and we would recommend this to anyone looking to get married!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Mallory

I loved working with The Crossings. They were always available to answer my questions via email or by phone and were very responsive to my needs. The Crossings is by far the best venue for the value in San Diego County. If you're a foodie like me you'll appreciate the food... Read More options. The quality of the meal is unmatched by any wedding I've ever attended. The view of the well maintained golf course in one direction, and the ocean in the other is all you need to set the stage for your wedding. Everything ran impeccably smooth on my wedding day (thanks to The Crossing Wedding Coordinator, Lindsey) and I wish I could do it all over again just the same. I recommend The Crossings to anyone who wants to have their dream wedding at a reasonable cost, in a great location, with delicious food, organized planners, and a venue that can stand on it's own.

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Carly S

My husband and I were married at the Crossings on July 19th. I found the Crossings by looking at venues online. I loved that I could have an ocean view and not worry about palm trees being in my wedding. The clubhouse has so much character that it was easy for me to envision... Read More my wedding and plan everything around the venue. It was the first and last venue we visited 1 week after our engagement. I booked the place on the spot. I worked with several people at the Crossings over our 8 month planning process. Sara and Lindsey were amazing. They worked with me on everything. They weren't happy unless I was happy...which made me VERY happy! These girls were such a blessing and so helpful. Like I said, there wasn't anything I asked of them that they were not willing to help with. Absolutely amazing. I can not say enough good things about this venue. The location, the weather, the views, the food, the clubhouse and all its gorgeous character, the BRIDGE!!! Oh my gosh, we have such amazing photos taken on that bridge! We've had so many people compliment and ask about the Crossings. It truly is a gem and leaves a lasting impression. My husband and I will be forever grateful to the staff for making such a special day that much more special. Thank you Sara and Lindsey!!!

"Jemily's Wedding"

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Emily V

Our wedding was everything we imagined and more! From the moment we toured the facilities with Sara, we were sold. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Lindsay did an amazing job as our wedding coordinator and was responsive every step of the way. Not to mention, the... Read More venue itself is beautiful and the food is delicious! We highly recommend The Crossings at Carlsbad for any event! It's also just a great place to grab some lunch too. :)

Wedding Reception Site

Reviewed on 7/12/2013 Stephanie A

Fell in love with this place while looking for venues and could not have choosen any place better. First of all it was within our budget! Depending on when you sign your contract they have deals for booking ahead of time. Sarah and Amanda are amazing to work with and always get... Read More to your emails in a timely manner. The food is really good too, we had the hardest time choosing our dishes during our tasting because they were all delicious! The servers are amazing, on the day of our wedding they made sure we were able to have some of the hor dourves we choose and had a plate prepared at our table! Driving up to the venue you are amazed by how beautiful the building is! As for photos we didn't have to go far to have great backdrops for our photos, they have a ton of areas to take photos depending on your taste! The location was perfect, you can see the ocean from their patio, there's a hotel right across the street, and a lot of places for guests to visit around the area!

Great Venue

Reviewed on 6/28/2013 Cindi G

This venue is the perfect combination of beautiful, comfortable, stylish, and ready to host a wedding. I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and I think The Crossings is reasonably priced and worth it.

Great memories!

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Monica M

We worked with Lindsey and she was so nice to work with. She paid so much attention to detail and knew exactly what I wanted. My wedding reception was a hit and all went perfectly!

Our Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Dana S

We had our wedding here on 9/8/12 and it could not have been better! I saw it online and we were actually not planning to go that far down south from Orange County (where my family lives), but I loved the pictures and so we tried it. The moment we walked in, we both knew it was... Read More our venue. I loved all the character and charm it offered; it wasn't a stuffy typical banquet hall. We loved the large windows with fantastic views of the Veranda and distant ocean views in the background. I adore the vaulted ceilings with the exposed trusses and the fireplace. The big round entry room was perfect for displaying the place cards among other things! My husband's a golf engineer and a golf course was the natural choice for our ceremony. It was gorgeous and the weather could not have been better! That said, we lucked out that there were just a couple clouds blocking the sun right behind where we stood so squinting wasn’t a problem, but this could potentially be a nuisance. The landscaping is so beautiful that we didn’t have to add much for the backdrop (and they provided Shepherd’s hooks for the aisle). Overall, gorgeous and perfect for pictures! As far as the staff, everyone was so helpful. We first met Sara Rader who is the catering manager and I, personally, developed a little woman crush on her because she was so helpful and genuine, and up front about all the details. Within a few months, we were notified that they added a new wedding coordinator, Alexandra Clark, to the team and I was a little disappointed because part of the sell was how much we loved Sara. But then I got to know Alex and she was such a blessing. She was extremely responsive, openly discussed all the options, and was very flexible. She has a great sense of humor and was a very calming soul (more for the rehearsal with all of my late-arriving family members than for the actual wedding day which was pretty stress-free)! The wedding went off without a hitch and all the transitions were not even noticeable because we had such an awesome team (We had Michael Tiernan as our musician/DJ and he is worth an entirely separate amazing review)! We missed cocktail hour because of pictures, but the wait staff brought us cocktails and all our guests raved about the food. They also saved us an appetizer plate for dinner. The food display was also amazing and they even let my dad make his home made Indonesian egg rolls (which they served beautifully without a charge!). The dinner was awesome and they even gave me an extra lobster tail from a guest’s plate that couldn't make the wedding. And if you love beer like I do, then you'll be happy to know the beer selection is really good (Stone IPA which was superb among many others). We had a private server throughout the night who was very attentive and super friendly. There was plenty of space for all the guests to feel comfortable (we had 150) and the wrap around veranda was a beautiful place for guests to mingle throughout the night. At the end of the evening, we weren't pressured to rush the clean up (per family/friends who nicely cleaned so we could see people). All in all, it was a 5-star night and there is not a single thing we would have changed. We stayed at The Sheraton (beautiful and conveniently located within about a 5-10 minute stroll for the stragglers). We are planning to go back to The Crossings for many years to come for the amazing ambiance! Thank you, Alex, and her stellar crew! Congrats to all you brides (& grooms, of course)!

Great venue

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Kiersten W

The crossings was great! Beautiful venue, amazing food (I received MANY compliments on dinner), and everything ran very smoothly. Thank you Alex and all of the rest of the staff! My husband and I were never without a drink in our hand!

Best. Wedding. Ever.

Reviewed on 10/05/2012 Meghan H

I had no idea what I was getting into when I decided to plan my own wedding. But Alexandra Clark at The Crossings made everything so easy! Her and her staff were super accommodating and very understanding. They understood this was my wedding, and I should do things my way and... Read More shouldn't be restricted to some things other venues restrict. The food was AMAZING - seriously, when do you go to a wedding a come out saying "that was great food"? All of the guests had a great time and were incredibly impressed with what we had offered them, even though it was the most basic of packages. The site and reception room were beyond beautiful, along with the views of the ocean. I couldn't have been happier with what I was given - I was blown away by everything The Crossings has to offer. I highly recommend the venue to anyone and everyone. You are given so much flexibility that you can have the wedding of your dreams. Thank you Alex and everyone at The Crossings!

AMAZING venue on ALL levels!

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Jennifer F

I had my wedding reception at The Crossings and it was one of the best decisions my husband and I made! From the very beginning, we felt taken care of by Sara and Alexandra and every step of the process was easy and seamless! The venue is just gorgeous, the cost is unparalleled,... Read More and the food is absolutely delicious. We are constantly getting compliments on everything our guests experienced at our reception and we are so pleased with how our wedding turned out! Alexandra did a phenomenal job coordinating all our details beforehand and the day of. I definitely recommend The Crossings for a top notch wedding!

Couldn't have been better!

Reviewed on 8/31/2012 Lisa C

The Crossings was the perfect spot for our wedding and reception. The food is amazing (not standard rubber chicken and cold veggies). Sara and Alex are on top of everything and are incredible at keeping you informed and on top of everything needed to make your day a... Read More success. The location is gorgeous with ocean and golf course views. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. This place is a hidden gem! Best place we could have ever picked!

2012-09-01T13:29:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Lisa! We enjoyed working with you as well. It is couples like you that make us truly passionate about what we do. Congratulations again and here's to many years of happiness!!!! : ) Sara

Gorgeous venue

Reviewed on 8/13/2012 Patricia L

Loved Crossings! Beautiful view and great food. Would not recommend using their in house wedding coordinator though. Didn't see her the entire night.

Awesome Reception Venue

Reviewed on 8/09/2012 Michele S

I absolutely LOVED the atmosphere at The Crossings. It was the perfect place for our reception, and all of our guests loved the venue! The food and service was phenomenal and Alexandra did a great job as our wedding coordinator. Couldn't have asked for a better reception site!