Capture Your Sparkle

Find the gown of your dreams and the perfect accessories at The Crystal Bride. We offer a warm and welcoming shop with an inventory of nationally recognized designers. When you've found the perfect gown, let us help you choose -- or create -- custom Swarovski jewelry to complement your gown, exclusively by Rainbow Crystal Designs.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Fashion

207 W State St, Geneva, IL (630) 397-5040

best service

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Carrie G

I highly recommend to every bride out there to start your wedding dress search here. The service is amazing and the gown selection is almost overwhelming. I didn't end up buying my dress there but I did get my belt for my wedding dress and my mother's dress there. If I had... Read More unlimited funds I would have purchased everything from Crystal Bride! They also recommended a seamstress to alter my dress and she was a dream to work with as well.

Great dress, great price

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Heather S

I had a great experience here! I found an amazing Maggie Soterro dress (Melissa Brooch) at a great price. When I was trying on dresses I was never rushed. Once I purchased my dress the seamstress was always very nice to me during each fitting. Great experience! Would recommend... Read More this shop to anyone!

Great shop!

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Julie M

What a great group of ladies. Everyone is professional, friendly, and easy to deal with. Dress came in ahead of schedule. Alterations were done by Peggy who was superb!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Hana D

I would definitely recommend The Crystal Bride. I knew I wanted a lace dress, so they pulled almost all of the lace dresses in my price range and I was able to pick any of them that I wanted to try on. I chose the first one I tried on! The staff is very friendly and... Read More accommodating and always keeping open communication.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Marissa K

I found my perfect dress easily at The Crystal Bride. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful. Peggy did an amazing job with alterations and was accommodating to my schedule. Kelly was fabulous as well and so helpful! The whole experience felt personal and easy. I would definitely... Read More recommend them to any of my friends!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Hilary S

This. Place. The stuff of dreams. I tell ya. I became engaged in September 2015, set our date on 12/31/16, and off to planning we went. I was NOT thrilled for dress shopping. See, I'm curvy, and I know sample sizes in the style of dress I wanted (mermaid, trumpet,... Read More fit/flare) would look ridiculous unless they had a wider range of sizes. Don't believe me? Well, I went to two bridal shops before this one, and had a terrible, horrible, miserable, "let's just elope or skip this all together." time at both. Sample sizes were made for women who are a size 2-6, with a few in the 8-10 range - I wear a 12-14. When I asked for larger samples, the other places brought them!! But they were MUCH bigger sizes, causing the opposite problem, or they were more of a "second wedding" style, or OUT of style completely, pulled from a yellowing back closet. So, you can imagine my lack of excitement when I headed to The Crystal Bride on 2/20/16. I was like "ef all this, imma wear a power red lip, try on some dresses, cry, and then have a drink to get on." But it was NOT terrible, it was PERFECTION. I worked with Rebecca, and when I explained my problem, like I told the other shops, she not only listened, but she TOOK IT INTO CONSIDERATION. She pulled samples in my size, in modern, up-to-date styles, and did not scoff or laugh at my hips not lyin'. She was kind, helpful, and before I put on a dress, told me the budget, the risk/change of alterations, and possible pitfalls. I only worked with her, but I heard similar things from the other women as they assisted future brides. It was a busy Saturday morning, but they made everyone feel like THE one and only bride. I never thought I would experience it, but I did have "that" feeling when I put on "the" dress - and I strongly feel it was due to the customer service at The Crystal Bride. I tell EVERYONE who gets engaged in this area to go here.

2017-01-18T15:23:58 Response from the vendor

Hillary, Thank you so very much for the AWESOME review. You were a pleasure to work with and I am so happy that I got to be a part of your special day! P.S. I would love to see a picture!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Mallory L

Highly satisfied from start to finish! I worked with Kayla who was wonderful. I had personalized service throughout and never felt rushed or pressured. Alterations went perfectly and I looked like a million bucks on wedding day!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Julie S

I can't say enough good things about this place. Not only did they help me find my dream dress, which was a wonderful experience, but they were able to give me great suggestions on my accessories (veil and belt) to help make my dress more unique and compliment the best... Read More features. My hat is off to the alterations department! My dress was all lace, long-sleeve dress that needed a TON of alterations. I was so nervous about the fit and the look, but they consistently reassured me and made sure my dress fit perfectly before walking out of the store with it. If you buy your dress here, PLEASE consider getting alterations done here as well. Your mind will be at ease knowing you will look EXACTLY how you envisioned yourself on your wedding day. LOVE this place!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Danielle S

I would definitely recommend going to The Crystal Bride to look for your wedding dress! They have a great selection and the staff is so friendly and helpful! Rebecca was my consultant and she did an amazing job selecting dresses and helping me through the whole process. I... Read More actually went in twice because I couldn't commit the first time (it was only the second dress that I had ever tried on!), but I never felt rushed or pressured. I really felt that they cared about me and that I was the main focus, compared to some other salons where consultants are helping multiple people at a time. Their seamstress was amazing too!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Amy H

First, I am a very indecisive person on a good day. When I visited The Crystal Bride, it was my second bridal salon appointment of the day, and I hadn't had my "dress moment", so I was already starting to feel tired. Shauna was my consultant, and she was great! She showed a lot... Read More of genuine interest in learning about me and my fiancé in order to help pull the right dresses, and made every effort to make me comfortable & confident. By the end of the day, I was really very tired and overwhelmed, and Shauna was SO patient with my indecisiveness. Ultimately, I didn't find my dress here, but I still highly recommend anyone to visit here. They have a great selection and good customer care. And it's such a pretty shop in a pretty little downtown location!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Denise P

If you are into being body shamed, being quoted a gargantuan amount for alterations despite the fact that you don't even need a hem, are extremely limited in alteration appointment times because of only one seamstress, forced to pay cash or check only for said alterations, and... Read More talked into a smaller size than you should be wearing despite the fact that it was clear your bust was a half inch bigger than the measurements then this is the spot for you!! Everyone I spoke to at this store was incredibly rude, especially our salesperson Shawna who is the one who a) decided a 35.5" bust would fit great in a 35" size 8 and b) said when I came back to try the dress on and my privacy shield wouldn't snap that "if you don't stop lifting weights your dress won't fit you". I had actually lost weight by the time I came back and you can probably guess why...weight training, what a concept. Turns out the real issue was not buckling an elastic belt in the dress that is supposed to pull the front in, as well as having absolutely no knowledge of how to tie up a corset. I took my dress elsewhere to be altered, and all I needed was to add cups. On my wedding day, if anything it was a bit loose. Once again, guess why. #strongisthenewskinny Additionally, I chose the bridesmaids' dresses at the same time as the dress, and someone else with a snarky attitude called from the shop 9 months before the wedding to tell me that the dresses were discontinued and gave us less than a week to have them come in to get measured. One was in Vegas and one in Pittsburgh, so they had to call in and were given gargantuan sizes (think a girl who wears lululemon in a size 24). They just want to F you over on alterations and make you feel like garbage. Thankfully I am confident and know that my body is beautiful (as well as my bridal party!)

2016-11-17T15:49:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and let us apologize for your negative experience with our boutique. It is important to note that the use of the term "body shaming," is something that we at the Crystal Bride do not take... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Stephanie B

I got my wedding dress at the Crystal Bride and the entire experience was wonderful! Chantel helped me during my first visit look at many dresses and she was very helpful without being overbearing or giving too many suggestions. I ended up finding the dress of my dreams there,... Read More and even got my fittings done there! Everything turned out perfectly and they even helped with giving suggestions to my mom on where to get my dress preserved. Would recommend to anyone looking for their wedding dress!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 April H

Every bride should go to the Crystal Bride! Hayley is amazing she knew the exact dress that was perfect for me even though I only had a vague idea of what I wanted and of course that's the one I chose! The Crystal Bride was my third stop of the day after failing miserably at the... Read More first two shops and feeling like there was no dress out there for me. Hayley immediately made all my stress go away and assured me that I would find my dress today (since that was my only day to shop with my mom and all my bridesmaids). We actually found 3 or 4 dresses that I liked better than all of the ones I had tried on that day but the one Hayley picked was perfect! Even 6 months after my wedding I have never seen a dress more me than the one Hayley picked out! The staff at the Crystal Bride made me feel so special and always delivered on their promises! The service here is better than anything you could ever expect!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Amber W

Although I did not say "yes to the dress" at this bridal salon, I did have a great experience trying on bridal gowns and I did get our flower girl and bridesmaid dresses here. The consultants are extremely helpful in finding what you are looking for and they have a huge... Read More selection to pick from. Everyone loved their dresses and they looked great!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Kellee C

I had a great experience at The Crystal Bride! I live in Austin, TX but was visiting family for the holidays and went dress shopping at The Crystal Bride. Well, needless to say I found THE dress and bought it on the spot. They were kind enough to send it to me in Austin for... Read More free. I was so happy with my experience!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Theresa B

Horrible service. Every appointment I had I had to wait over half an hour at least to be even addressed. When I took my mother here for her dress... the girl walked up, threw her in a room and sat down. She expected me to zip her up and hang up every dress. We had to say... Read More something to get her to do her job. This is a boutique!!! You're suppose to help your customers. When we finally said something her response was, "All you had to do was ask." I'm sorry... but no. No other place expected us to do everything. I'm surprised she didn't want us to put every dress back on the correct rack before we left as well.

2016-08-25T15:51:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit to Elegant Evenings by The Crystal Bride. We understand your dissatisfaction and the level of service you described is below the expectation we have set for our boutique. Sometimes when mothers come... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Rachel J

I got my wedding dress from The Crystal Bride, and I loved my dress. The reason for the 2 stars is each time I was at the store, the staff was not welcoming, seemed irritated, and acted very snobbish. I had no major issues - the ladies weren't outwardly mean, they were just... Read More very cold. Each consultant I worked with seemed bothered by if I had a question or gave my opinion. I'm confused by the other reviews that discussed the positive energy of the staff. I definitely felt that at other bridal salons, but not this one. Their selection of dresses was good, and I really did like my dress, I just did not like my experience there.

2016-08-11T15:41:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review. Yours is a gentle reminder that the service we provide is for a "once in a lifetime" occasion; we feel it is a privilege to be included as part of it. I am sorry that your experience did not reflect... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

I got my wedding dress from Crystal Bride for my wedding in June 2016. It was the very first dress I tried on. The atmosphere upstairs is so cute and relaxing for finding the perfect wedding dtess! They have such an amazing collection of dresses. We went back and got the... Read More bridesmaid dresses there too. The bridesmaids picked from 9 dresses I preselected that were the same fabric, length and color, just different styles. The girls all loved being able to pick a dress that looked best on them. Rebecca, Chante and Mila were all so sweet and great to work with! Mila did an AMAZING job with my alterations! She created a beautiful bussle and my dress fit me perfectly!

2016-07-14T13:45:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review. Congratulations! We are so happy for you and your husband! Best Wishes!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Kaitlin N

I found my wedding dress, jewelry and bridesmaid dresses at the Crystal Bride! The second I walked in and felt the positive energy of the staff, I knew I was going to find my dress. It was my third stop during the dress hunt, but it was the shop I was most excited to visit. I... Read More knew a good amount of people who either found their dress here or knew somebody who did. Kayla was my consultant, and she was so great at interpreting the fuzzy vision in my head of my wedding day and the perfect dress. On top of that, she was funny and easy to talk to! Everything from them sending me bridesmaid dress fabric samples to my wedding dress alterations - the service was exceptional. I will continue to recommend any Chicago-area bride to visit the Crystal Bride!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Alise K

They were perfect! They knew exactly what I wanted for me and my bridesmaids. They were so helpful and everything went so well. Loved all the dresses!

2016-06-22T10:32:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review. Glad to hear that The Crystal Bride staff was easy to work with. Congratulations to you and your husband.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Justine L

I had such a wonderful experience with Crystal Bride! My consultant was so nice and extremely helpful through the process. They really know what they are doing and care about all their brides. When my dress arrived, it fit so well I needed very minimum alterations. Their... Read More alterations department is also fantastic to work with. They really helped my Mom learn to do my complicated bustle. I would highly recommend going to Crystal Bride to find your dress! They made it effortless from beginning to end!

2016-06-22T10:30:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. Congratulations on becoming a Mrs!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Kristan G

My girls and I came from Michigan to The Crystal Bride. Shawna was wonderful to work with. She was very friendly and so helpful!! I loved everything about my FIRST wedding dress shopping experience. Thank you for making it great for us!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Annie C

The women here are amazing. The entire crew makes you feel welcome from the minute you step in the door and helps to make your dress search as painless as possible. I had some dress alteration "situations" come that they had nothing to do with, but they fixed all of them and... Read More then some. I have never felt more beautiful and in large part that is due to the wonderful dress that I found here, and the fact that it fit like a glove. Thank you to Shawna, Lisa and everyone there for helping to make the day as magical as possible. Trust me when I say my husband's reaction when he saw me was everything I could have hoped for.

2016-05-04T10:47:28 Response from the vendor

Congratulations! We are so happy that we could help you find the perfect dress, making you feel beautiful. Best Wishes to you and your husband!

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Gwen L

I went to a total of 5 stores looking for the perfect gown and after the first 4, I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to find what I wanted in my price range (under $2000). Then I went to Crystal Bride and worked with Kayla. Wow! She was very accommodating. I had a very, let's... Read More say, overwhelming group of 3 women who were all up in the dresses making pulls left and right and she went with the flow with grace. I actually found my dress, a beautiful beaded Casablanca mermaid that was exactly what I wanted, and in my price range! It meant so much to me that I didn't feel like I was being pushed in a certain direction, Kayla really cared about whether or not it was "the one" not just one I liked. Every step of the way in the purchase of the dress and alterations ran very smoothly. You should expect to wait a bit (5-15 minutes) even if you have an appointment, they are always so busy and they want to make sure that your experience is complete, so they tend to go over time. But it was always worth the wait, so it wasn't ever a concern or frustration. You should definitely consider their exclusive accessories, I got so many compliments on my beautiful tiara. Alterations was a breeze, their team was so wonderful, comforting and honest. They talked me through every step of the way and every time I had a concern they worked through it with me. My dress had to be taken in significantly after I lost 10 lbs and it was taken in perfectly, you couldn't tell that the beading had to be redone. Finally, my American bustle was so exquisitely done that at the wedding people thought I had a detachable train. Overall fantastic, thank you to everyone at the Crystal Bride! -Gwen

2016-04-06T11:16:30 Response from the vendor

Gwen, Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We enjoyed helping you find your dream gown. Best Wishes to you and your husband.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Kellee C

I visited a few other bridal shops before my appointment at Crystal Bride and wish I wouldn't have! The interior of the shop is beautiful and exactly what I pictured when it came to the space where I would find MY dress. My consultant (Haley, I believe) was very helpful and... Read More relatable, and I really enjoyed my appointment. I ended up making a second appointment two days after my original appointment to re-try on some of my favorite dresses, but ended up picking a completely different dress. They were great at recommending which size to order, and since I am currently located in Texas even offered to ship the dress to me for free so I could do my fittings with a local seamstress. I will highly recommend Crystal Bride to all of my friends!

2016-03-25T13:17:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! We are happy that your experience was everything you wanted it to be. Congratulations on finding your gown. Please let us know if we can help you any further.

Start a Conversation!