Designer Plus Size Bridal

Ladies, are you tired of walking into bridal salons and not being able to try on the dresses you love because they only carry samples up to a size 12 or 14? Well look no further, welcome to The Curvy Bride. We carry designer sizes 16 to 32W, and have private appointment and viewing areas.

Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

357 Route 9, Manalapan , NJ (732) 536-6100

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Jacklyn M

I must admit I was a little hesitant when I first went to this bridal shop because it had only been open a couple of months. My first visit was in August and they were running a special, but I wanted to come back in September to show my sisters before I made the final decision.... Read More They honored the sale from August! The lady who helped me pick out my dress was so cheerful and helpful. I told her the style of dress that I wanted and that's what she brought out (unlike other places I went). See was not very pushy at all which I liked. I asked her opinion and she offered her honest opinion, not to just make the sale. I was very happy with this place and worth the hour and a half drive I needed to make!

Wonderful Shop

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Kate D

After my first fitting at another bridal salon, I had some major dress regret and was unhappy with how alterations were being handled. With 2 months until the wedding, I decided to have one last look around to see if there were any other dresses that felt and fit better than my... Read More original dress – this lead me to The Curvy Bride, and I’m so happy it did! Michelle, the store owner, was fantastic – understood my scenario and pulled some dresses that could be purchased off the rack , was never pushy and treated me with care. I ended up falling in love with a dress I never would have imagined myself in, but finally had that “This is my dress!” feeling that I didn’t think I would ever feel. Of course spending more money on another dress had me uncertain so I ended up “visiting” the dress 3 times in 2 weeks with friends to determine it was my dress – Michelle was so patient and held it aside for me as I’d be purchasing the sample. As a new, smaller store there are no in-house alterations, but she referred me to a trusted seamstress – La Tailor, that the store worked with. I would definitely recommend, especially if you are looking for gowns size 18 and up, it was a terrific experience!

The best experience ever!!!!

Reviewed on 3/19/2014 marie b

I was so amazed by this very special boutique, I am a curvy girl size 16-18 and believe me unless you want to go to a bridal factory for your dress most boutiques only carry sample size 12 for brides to try on...and that means the true size is a couture 8-10. First let me say... Read More that although the selection is not enormous there is an amzing varitety to meet all brides needs. Michelle is careful to carry only high quality designers for a reasonalbe cost. I had an amazing experience, Paige was my consultant and she was terrific. I tried on 10 dresses and found my dream dress. Everyone went out of their way to make me feel so special including a champaigne toast. Picking out my wedding dress is an experience I will never forget for all the right reasons. Thank you Michelle and Paige

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Colleen D

I bought my dress at The Curvy Bride just this past weekend and it was a WONDERFUL experience! Being a super plus size bride I did my research and booked my first bridal appointment with The Curvy Bride and I am not looking back. It was an hour drive for me but so worth it. I... Read More had corresponded back and forth with the owner Michelle a few times through Facebook Messenger and she was very quick to respond and always helpful when I reached out with a question. I had asked if if they had a certain dress in stock and while they were waiting for it to come in at the time she took the time to reach back out to me and let me know when they had gotten it in which I really appreciated. When I got there with my mom, sister and close family friend we were welcomed warmly by Marie who was my consultant, she was getting the dress I had inquired about ready for me as we walked in. Michelle came out to greet us and gave me a big hug, it was nice. Marie was great to work with and super helpful. She put me right at ease. She told me I was her last appointment of the day and not to worry about how long I took. My ladies I brought with me had plenty of room and seats to be comfortable and I had a whole section to myself with a pedestal to model each dress in. I tried on my dream gown first and loved it but tried on a few others.... one was a contender so we put on a veil and everything but I still wasn't sure so I got back into the first dress and decided that was definitely the one. Marie brought us out some delicious peach moscato to celebrate, she took pictures for us and even after we took measurements and put down the deposit Michelle and Marie were still so nice taking more pictures for us and allowing us seconds of champagne. I can't wait to go back and see these wonderful ladies when my dress comes in. I was anxious about dress shopping but I could not have had a more perfect experience. Michelle and her staff are so kind, welcoming and helpful. It was totally stress free!

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Christine N

My experience here was really great! If you are plus size you know finding clothes in general can be a demoralizing experience. The selection was great and I was able to try on a variety of dresses. There was no pressure of any kind to commit and she really read my style and... Read More pulled some great dresses. She really helped when I was struggling to see how a dress would look and reclipped to better show dress potential. When I found the dress and we went back to take measurements she was very gentle when broaching showing me the size chart. I did not need this but I can see how her approach would be good for someone who the number on the label is really important. I am not a "woohoo" bride, I am more practical. My sister noted she immediately understood we were not the giddy type and was very low key with us. If we had been more giddy she would have reacted as appropriately. We were offered champagne when we found the dress but it was a little early. Overall this was such a great experience. I would recommend to other brides. Looking around online I probably could have gotten the dress for less, but the experience was worth it. A lot of places that say they carry plus size only have a few you can actually try on. I love supporting an independent woman owned business with such a body positive attitude.

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Jen W

Great salon with very helpful consultants. Everyone was so kind and knew a lot about the dresses they had in stock. This salon is a God-send for plus size brides and really made my bridal experience.

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Bayyana H

I was impressed with this charming and well appointed store that had a great selection of plus size gowns. Paige was exceptional and was patient in helping to find the dress. I ended up going with a dress that was not at this salon, however, I would recommend this store to any... Read More plus size brides who might be nervous about trying on bridal gowns. The Curvy Bride makes you feel beautiful and confident the moment you walk in.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Nicole T

I had the best experience at The Curvy Bride! The owner, seamstress, and staff are so nice, friendly and accommodating. My dress fit like a glove, and I love it!! I highly recommend this bridal salon!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kristy W

When I first got engaged, I was so scared to go dress shopping. I had heard all these nightmare stories about not being able to fit into dresses, and snotty sales people looking down on me because I was not a size 2. But thanks to a google search, I found the Curvy Bride. And I... Read More could not have been happier. They are amazing. From the minute you walk in, you feel comfortable. They have such a great selection of dresses and the best part is YOU CAN TRY ALL OF THEM ON. They turned my fear into a dream. I loved going to visit them and told them if they ever decide to branch out to call me! Ladies if you are looking for a no stress, amazing dress shopping experience then look no further then the Curvy Bride.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Domenica P

From the first minute that I walked into the Curvy Bride and met Michelle and Paige I knew I had found the right place to purchase the most important dress of my life! Being plus size can sometimes lead you to feeling that you need to comprise in regular clothes let alone the... Read More wedding dress. This was NOT the case at the Curvy Bride! The selection of gowns was amazing! The quality and gorgeous array was incredible! The best part was that you could try them on and know whether it was the right one and not just GUESS! The Curvy Bride is a hidden gem. Not only did they have the best selection and quality but the people are truly what stole my heart! Michelle and Paige worked with me from the veil to the dress to the headpiece! They have amazing taste and are not SALESPEOPLE! The feel like family that truly care about making you LOOK and FEEL the very best you can on such an important day. Once my dress arrived Michelle and Lydia worked with me to create a special design to my existing dress and it came out even better than the photo we had worked with. The week of the wedding they went ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure everything WAS PERFECT! I could never have asked for such an wonderful group of people to have shared in the joy of choosing a wedding gown. I will always consider them FAMILY and treasure my experience with them. Being a WEDDING PROFESSIONAL myself I realize the value of quality work and dedication. If you plus size and thinking about buying from THE CURVY BRIDE rest assured you have found THE ONE! Amazing Quality! Amazing People! LOVE THEM!!!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Julie O

I just said YES to a dress at this place and what an amazing experience I had :) I cannot thank Maria enough and the owners for opening this shop... I was once a 26 and got myself down to an 18/20 over the past 3 years however when I got engaged the dress was the cause of the... Read More most anxiety bc I was so afraid that I was going to have to order something that I couldn't try on .... well thanks to The Curvy Bride all those fears melted away as I tried on sample after sample that fit and some were even too big, I picked a beautiful Maggie Sottero gown and I could not be happier. I truly felt like the dresses were right up there with the ones you see on TV and it made me feel like a real bride to be. I highly recommend this shop if you are a plus size and want to be treated like a model size 2 .... 5 Stars!!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Kara S

I am so thankful that I came here in my hunt to find a dress. Michelle and Paige are just amazing people! This is one out of many places where I was not rushed, I was treated with respect and as a valued customer. I actually felt like I was playing dress up more than being... Read More forced to make a decision like I experienced elsewhere. They were extremely responsive when making and confirming appointments. I was able to try on as many dresses as I wanted, could try them with the belts and various accessories in store, all to make me get the full picture of what it was to feel like a bride. They both welcomed my family and friends who were there to experience it all with me. From making the appointment(s), the appointment itself and experience of trying and accessorizing, returning and then selecting "the dress" at Curvy Bride with the help of Paige and Michelle, was overall an phenomenal experience and an unforgettable one! I looked and felt amazing on my wedding day, and I have them to thank! Post wedding, they were also a pleasure in helping me with how to clean and preserve my wedding dress. When returning to do preservation, Paige was so genuinely happy to hear about my wedding and all the details. I look forward to sharing pictures with her and Michelle! HIGHLY RECOMMEND visiting Curvy Bride in your search! And a sincere thank you to both Michelle and Paige!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Lauren H

I purchased my Allure bridal gown last night at the curvy bride. I found the dress online and called several boutiques and the curvy bride was the only place who had it! I drove an hour with my sister to visit her salon it was the first dress i tried on and i just knew it was... Read More the one! I came back a few weeks later with my mom, my sister, my son and a friend to do a "full" appointment and try on several dresses just to be sure i made the right choice. The last dress i tried on was MY dress the original one i fell in love with online and a few weeks before when i came in to try it on! Michelle the owner was absolutely amazing. She was very responsive not pushy at all and really made me feel beautiful! She has so many options all the dresses were gorgeous! She was so accommodating she actually came in with her assistant Maria on a Monday when the salon isn't even normally open just for me because it was the only day my Mom could make it in! I said yes to the dress and Maria poured us all champagne (which was peach and delicious by the way)! I am so so happy with my decision and even more excited that i got to work with such an awesome bridal salon!!!! HIGHLY recommend the curvy bride!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Kelly B

I'm so glad I found The Curvy Bride! I was dreading dress shopping and it ended up being the least stressful and most fun experience ever thanks to everyone at The Curvy Bride! They have a huge selection of dresses from so many different designers. I found my dream dress and... Read More felt like the most beautiful bride in the world all thanks to Michelle and her team!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Valerie C

I started out wedding dress shopping at Kleinfelds, which the staff was great but the dresses cost more then I was comfortable spending. When I went to a more affordable and popular bridal store I was disappointed with not only the service from the staff but the quality of their... Read More dresses. My sister suggested Curvy Bride located in NJ, and I have to say, I am so happy that she did. I can't say enough good things about this place! The store was very clean and organized, with a varied array of options, and it was intimate so you didn't feel like just another bridal appointment. They listened to what I said and pulled three dresses and the first one I tried on was perfect. They made me feel so special and beautiful. Michelle and Paige helped me on my three visits and were just so sweet, pleasant, and encouraging, and they made great recommendations for both my veil and bolero jacket. The customer service was equal to that of Kleinfelds and the dress I chose was very similar to the one I loved, for almost half the price! Their prices are reasonable and they are very up front about the costs and what to expect, with no hidden fees. I would definitely recommend The Curvy Bride to any women looking for a beautiful wedding dress at a great price.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Elisa U

Paige was a wonderful consultant; she knew exactly what I was looking for from my description! Michelle and her team made the entire wedding dress process a breeze. I can’t thank them enough for helping me find my perfect wedding dress!

Reviewed on 2/24/2016 Alla G

The salon truly made me feel special. I went to a couple of other places prior to this appointment, and every other place did not have any samples that fit my body. Not only was the staff lovely they made me feel beautiful every step of the way...also since my wedding was only... Read More 4 months away, was able to buy a sample right of the rack that they then customized for me...If you are a bigger girl...this is the only place to go!

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Jillian F

I was lucky enough to have gotten a tip from a coworker about The Curvy Bride. It was a great experience to be able to try on dresses and have them either fit me as a sample or have to be clamped onto me...never happens at an average shop. It was the only place I went to, and I... Read More absolutely found my dream dress that made me feel like the sparkly disco ball princess I wanted to be. A few years before that, when shopping for a dress for my much smaller sister, it really hit me just how SMALL all of those sample dresses are. Some of them were too tiny even for her, and she is TINY. The relief I felt at finding a shop that actually had samples in my size to try on, staffed by people who wouldn't laugh at or dismiss me because of my larger size was indescribable. I was expecting prom dress shopping 2.0 but left feeling like Cinderella.

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Kimberly p

I was very nervous to start the process of looking for my wedding gown. I had read horror stories of plus size girls not having any options to try on, and having to buy a dress based on what it looks like on the hanger. The Curvy Bride was the second store I went to, and I am... Read More so happy I did. Paige listened to me about the type of dresses I liked, and she pulled a large selection for me to try on. I had a hard time narrowing it down, because the store had so many that suited my needs. After going back and forth between my two favorites, I chose a Maggie Sottero. I absolutely loved my dress, and got so many compliments. The style I selected had a very low back, but Paige assured me we could order extra lace and get it exactly the way I wanted. I worked with the seamstress Lydia through the store, and she was able to deliver the dress I had dreamed of. It took a quite a bit of fittings, which was only an issue for me, because I live quite a distance from the store, but it was worth it. Every time I went to the store for a fitting, I left feeling like I received wonderful customer service. The owner was so nice. I wound up buying my headband and belt from the Curvy Bride as well. If you are plus size and looking for a dress, do not stress out...just go to The Curvy Bride. They will make you feel like the beautiful bride you are!

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Alicia M

Being a curvy woman I was nervous to try on dresses. I went to David's Bridal and they only had one dress I could try on. After leaving disappointed I searched for a place meant for full figured woman and here came the Curvy Bride!! I made my appointment and traveled the hour... Read More and a half drive to the store. A little nervous I was afraid I wasn't going to find anything we started trying on dresses. Not one dress or two dresses I tried on 5. I found the ONE!!! They served us champagne which I thought was so sweet. I also got my dress tailored here by one of the people the provided. My dress was beautiful and I am so happy a place like this exist. Michelle and Paige were great to work with. They are both so sweet and kind. Please go here and skip David's Bridal. You will leave feeling great!!

Thank you Ladies at Curvy Bride!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Vicki F

I got married Friday, October 16th wearing one of your Allure dresses and received a million compliments! I was so nervous as a plus size bride that I wouldn't find a dress that I both loved and looked good in. Curvy Bride immediately calmed my fears and I couldn't be happier.... Read More Their staff was very friendly, and worked within the constraints of my budget/timeline. I had no clue what I wanted when I walked in but they helped me figure it out. I have already made sure to tell every plus size bride I meet about your shop and will continue to do so! Tip- most of their dresses range from $1,000 to 3,000 but they often have samples on sale for less.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Allison K

I went to the Curvy Bride over the past weekend. This was my first visit to any bridal store. I had been hunting for an Essence of Australia dress and found it here. When I messaged the boutique through the knot, the owner, Michelle answered me back within a few hours and kept... Read More in touch and answered my questions up until about 10:30pm! When I arrived I was greeted by the owner Michelle who was incredibly warm and welcoming. She turned me over to Maria who was my consultant for the day. She was so helpful and made me feel so comfortable. I came with one of my bridesmaids and future mother in law. We were there for about an hour and a half and as far as they were concerned we could've stayed much longer. I found and bought my dream dress and cannot thank the women of Curvy Bride enough. Great experience and will recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Justine

The team at the Curvy Bride could not be more awesome! They are so welcoming and they felt more like family than a store. I can not share enough how much if you need to buy a dress, you NEED TO GO HERE!! Thank you so much to Michelle and her team for a wonderful, amazing... Read More experience!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Stephanie R

I ordered by dress from The Curvy Bride about a month and a half ago and I brag about the service I received to any bride I meet. I originally went there because they were the only store that carried the dress that I had in mind. I had tried on a bunch of others but I knew I... Read More couldn't make a decision until I tried on "the dress". So I went in and received one on one complete attention from the second I walked in. I was able to explain (in overly excessive detail lol) exactly what kind of dress I wanted in addition to the dress I went there for. Soon as I started trying on dresses, I immediately felt comfortable with them. I spent a long time in each dress picking apart details. I fell in love with a dress that my family wasnt in love with. My sales girl reminded me that I hadn't tried on the dress that I went there for. Soon as I put it on, I knew that it was the one. We had fun accessorizing it and spent about 45 minutes in my dress lol.. Ordering was easy and fun. I even called and spoke with Michele the owner the next day to change the size I had ordered. I felt comfortable, important, and like I was the only bride they cared about at that very minute. I got so much attention and was able to really connect with the girls there. I am so happy I found this place and that I was able to order my dress with them. I can't wait until my dress is in so I can go back! I highly recommend them. Even if you are not "plus sized", I suggest going there to try on and possibly find your dress, because its a great experience there. Thank you Michele and staff, I am so happy to work with you!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Tina J

Words cannot express how grateful I am for The Curvy Bride! I had gone to many bridal boutiques in my town and they would only have one or two dresses (if I was lucky to try on) after months of disapotment, I was done looking for my wedding gown. One night I decided to google... Read More search plus size wedding gowns and the first website to pop up was The Curvy Bride, I clicked into the page and I was in heaven. I read how they became a business and I was in tears because I was able to relate to Michelle in so many ways. Right away I made an appotinment and I was super excited for once to go dress shopping! When I walked in, I never felt more comfortable, I was able to try on every dress in the boutique. I am a very organized bride and since The Curvy Bride post every dress on there Facebook page, I already knew which ones I wanted. Michelle was so impressed that her and her team quickly grabbed the dresses and we had a runway show. Thank you Michelle for making me feel so beautiful and special. The personal attention you give every bride is amazing, my sister had purchased her dress there as well. We thank you for making are dreams a reality!