Designer Plus Size Bridal

Ladies, are you tired of walking into bridal salons and not being able to try on the dresses you love because they only carry samples up to a size 12 or 14? Well look no further, welcome to The Curvy Bride. We carry designer sizes 16 to 32W, and have private appointment and viewing areas.

Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

357 Route 9, Manalapan , NJ (732) 536-6100

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Jacklyn M

I must admit I was a little hesitant when I first went to this bridal shop because it had only been open a couple of months. My first visit was in August and they were running a special, but I wanted to come back in September to show my sisters before I made the final decision.... Read More They honored the sale from August! The lady who helped me pick out my dress was so cheerful and helpful. I told her the style of dress that I wanted and that's what she brought out (unlike other places I went). See was not very pushy at all which I liked. I asked her opinion and she offered her honest opinion, not to just make the sale. I was very happy with this place and worth the hour and a half drive I needed to make!

Wonderful Shop

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Kate D

After my first fitting at another bridal salon, I had some major dress regret and was unhappy with how alterations were being handled. With 2 months until the wedding, I decided to have one last look around to see if there were any other dresses that felt and fit better than my... Read More original dress – this lead me to The Curvy Bride, and I’m so happy it did! Michelle, the store owner, was fantastic – understood my scenario and pulled some dresses that could be purchased off the rack , was never pushy and treated me with care. I ended up falling in love with a dress I never would have imagined myself in, but finally had that “This is my dress!” feeling that I didn’t think I would ever feel. Of course spending more money on another dress had me uncertain so I ended up “visiting” the dress 3 times in 2 weeks with friends to determine it was my dress – Michelle was so patient and held it aside for me as I’d be purchasing the sample. As a new, smaller store there are no in-house alterations, but she referred me to a trusted seamstress – La Tailor, that the store worked with. I would definitely recommend, especially if you are looking for gowns size 18 and up, it was a terrific experience!

The best experience ever!!!!

Reviewed on 3/19/2014 marie b

I was so amazed by this very special boutique, I am a curvy girl size 16-18 and believe me unless you want to go to a bridal factory for your dress most boutiques only carry sample size 12 for brides to try on...and that means the true size is a couture 8-10. First let me say... Read More that although the selection is not enormous there is an amzing varitety to meet all brides needs. Michelle is careful to carry only high quality designers for a reasonalbe cost. I had an amazing experience, Paige was my consultant and she was terrific. I tried on 10 dresses and found my dream dress. Everyone went out of their way to make me feel so special including a champaigne toast. Picking out my wedding dress is an experience I will never forget for all the right reasons. Thank you Michelle and Paige

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Katlin G

The experience I had here today was absolutely amazing! It was awesome to try dresses in that actually fit! Maria and Michelle was super helpful and great to work with! So happy we took the trip out there!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Christina O

Such an amazing experience. Michelle, the owner, is so sweet and makes you feel like family every time you walk in the door. From my first visit all the way down to my very last fitting and pick up I knew I was in great hands. Absolutely gorgeous gowns, affordable prices, great... Read More service, and an amazing seamstress to do alterations on site. Lydia was able to take my size 20 dress down to a size 12 after losing 50 lbs, which most tailors will not do, so they get a 10/10 for that, too!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Christina S

Wow - Michelle and her team are amazing! So thoughtful, low pressure and really make you feel like a queen! I was dreading dress shopping because I was really concerned I wouldn't be able to find dresses in my size size in styles that I like. The Curvy Bride was the first - and... Read More ONLY - dress boutique I visited because there was such a wide selection. I'm so thrilled with how everything turned out. my dress fit like a glove, was gorgeous quality and I got so many compliments!! Thank you so much for making it such a comfortable experience!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Meghan V

I lost over 120 pounds, and although I'm not considered plus size by the fashion world's standards, I was terrified to go into a bridal salon and not be able to fit into their sample sizes, so I went to The Curvy Bride because I was positive that I would fit into the dresses. I... Read More felt comfortable the moment I walked through the doors. My consultant was Maria, and she went above and beyond. I ended up leaving the shop really liking a dress, but I didn't love it, and so, I continued my search. I ultimately found my dress elsewhere, but I still highly recommend The Curvy Bride.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Justina O

I’m not sure if I am able to find the words to describe how sweet and wonderful the women of the curvy bride salon are. When I first walked in they welcomed me with open arms took such great care of me. We had tried on at least 6 dresses and they were so very patient and helpful... Read More while helping choose my wedding dress. I absolutely loved it! I highly recommend the curvy bride to all my plus size girls out there they make you feel the the most beautiful girl in the world!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Katie Q

Michelle, Paige and the entire team at The Curvy Bride are absolutely incredible. Their inventory is unbeatable, their prices are competitive and the care you will receive here is unmatched. I cannot say enough amazing things about this amazing shop!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Melissa F

I can't say enough amazing things about this shop!! I wasn't very excited to try dresses knowing that the sample sizes at other stores may not zip. When I found this shop while looking on Pinterest I knew it was the place to go...even though it was a 2 hour drive. From the... Read More minute I walked in the door everyone was amazing! My consultant listened to my vision and brought back only dresses that matched it. She made me feel 100% comfortable and gave me the best experience I could imagine. I have been recommending everyone to come here! I can't wait until my dress comes in so I can go back!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 J L

I was beyond excited to be planning a wedding but dreaded the dress shopping. I was worried like most shopping trips I’d leave feeling frustrated by the prospect that the pretty things wouldn’t be in my size, that nothing would fit my short, plump body and I did feel that way... Read More after 1 visit to David’s Bridal. Then my husbands cousin said a friend of hers went to a store in NJ just for curvy/ plus sized women. Samples in my size and no department store shared mirrors and chaos of David’s Bridal. I made the 1.5 to 2 hr trip from Harrison, NY hoping to find my dress. Everyone was nice and super attentive. There was no pressure and there were so many beautiful dresses that I could try on. I told them exactly what I was looking for and The Curvy Bride made it happen. Dress #4 was the one!!! They really take their time to help you find the one and it’s done in nice private dressing areas too! They recommended Lydia’s Magic Touch for alterations and she did a great job. I was totally at ease and felt always that I was in the best hands.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Janet M

I absolutely love this place. The dresses are absolutely beautiful and the owner and her assistant were so accommodating.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Hillary S

This place is a MUST go if you are a size 10 or up!! I had such an incredible experience with Michelle! She was so kind a patient with me as I was starting to feel frustrated and overly picky. She assured me that I wasn't being picky and that I knew what I wanted and we were... Read More going to find it. She made incredible suggestions and carefully listened to all of my concerns. She had a solution for every problem I was worried about. I would up finding a MAGNIFICENT gown that I am absolutely obsessed with!! Now I just have to wait until it comes in so that I can try it on again!! Go to this store!! You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Melissa M

I got married April 28th, 2017. I purchased an Allure gown from the curvy bride and also had alterations done. After going to one other large shop I couldn't stop thinking about my gown and ended up choosing the third dress I tried on. As a plus-size bride you assume the worst... Read More when you are getting ready to shop for your gown. Walking into The Curvy Bride was a breath of fresh air knowing they had dresses that would fit my body and more than a few styles to choose from. With a large selection also came and incredible staff. Fom the first day I stepped in the shop I felt like family, big congratulations, genuine opinions, and no beating around the bush with pricing. On the day of pick they not helped me carry and maneuver my dress in my car but gave me big hug which calmed my stressed out nerves! My alterations were perfect including an addition of a belt to my gown. I would recommend this shop to any plus-size bride looking to enjoy the experience!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Marisa V

Absolutely perfect experience. Beautiful selection of dresses. The store is lovely and wonderfully welcoming to brides and their support while trying on dresses. The customer service was fantastic - I was dreading shopping for a dress but I found exactly what I wanted at... Read More great pricepprpricinganloved the experience

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Alexandra C

I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful bridal salon! my family and I made the trip down all the way from Orange county, NY...and it was so worth the trip! My consultant was Paige, and she was amazing. Knew exactly what I wanted and the perfect dresses to pull based... Read More on what I told her and showed her. I went in expecting to hate how I looked in everything (being Fuller figured, dress shopping was making be stressed out). But holy moly....from the start, every dress was gorgeous! I had never felt so beautiful...and I wound up saying yes to the 2nd one I tried on. And with some accessories and alterations, it will be uniquely mine! Thank you Thank you to everyone at this salon for making this day so special for us!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Raven R

I was so nervous and full of anxiety over wedding dress shopping. I wanted to be able to try on samples that actually fit and have it be somewhere with an extensive collection. So happy I found that place! My experience at The Curvy Bride was truly incredible from start to... Read More finish. The moment I walked in the door, the owner, Michelle, was so sweet and genuine. She listened to me so well and really understood the look I was going for. Every single dress I tried on was beautiful and became my new favorite until I finally found the one. I really could not have asked for a better experience. Michelle really made me feel special and pretty, exactly what every bride-to-be wants to feel. I would come back any day and am definitely going to spread the word to everyone I know. I can't explain how thankful I am for this stress-free, wonderful experience. Thank you a million times, Michelle.

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Danielle S

Paige went above and beyond to help me during my dress hunt. She was very accommodating and lovely to me and my family. Once I bought the dress, the entire staff was very lovely and helpful during all of the fittings. Lydia, the seamstress, was amazing and accommodating as well.... Read More I loved my experience and the dress was exhilarating.

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Cara D

My experience at The Curvy Bride was great. The dresses are stunning and different from anywhere else I had looked. At my appointment, the consultant was so sweet and helpful and did not pressure me at all. She helped me find the most beautiful and amazing dress I could ever... Read More hope for. And Michelle, the owner, is super sweet and helpful. The seamstress there, Lydia is awesome too!! My experience at this Bridal shop was so wonderful compared to so many others I visited over last year. Best of all, if you aren't a size 2, you will be able to try on a dress right off the rack! I hope the brides-to-be reading this take my advice and visit The Curvy Bride because I'm really picky and it was fabulous!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Stefanie V

I cannot say enough how much I loved my experience and the staff at the curvy bride. They are kind, flexible, and extremely knowledgeable, and they carry a really nice variety of dresses with a variety of prices. My dress was beautiful and a reasonable price. The seamstress they... Read More work with is also fantastic and did an amazing job on my alterations. She added sleeves to my strapless gown and I got so many compliments on them - it truly looked like they were part of the original dress! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding dress.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Nicole A

I visited the curvy bride this week in search of my gown after an awful experience at my local Davids bridal. Paige helped me in finding my dream dress, making me finally feel like the beautiful bride I hoped to be. She was so patient and kind, endlessly helpful and honest. She... Read More helped highlight the best qualities in every dress until I found the one. The owner Michele also stopped in towards the end of my appointment. She was also very sweet and made me feel so beautiful in my dress. The girls topped it off with the perfect veil and shawl. We ended the appointment with some champagne. Couldn't be any happier. So thankful for this shop and these two girls.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Colleen D

I bought my dress at The Curvy Bride just this past weekend and it was a WONDERFUL experience! Being a super plus size bride I did my research and booked my first bridal appointment with The Curvy Bride and I am not looking back. It was an hour drive for me but so worth it. I... Read More had corresponded back and forth with the owner Michelle a few times through Facebook Messenger and she was very quick to respond and always helpful when I reached out with a question. I had asked if if they had a certain dress in stock and while they were waiting for it to come in at the time she took the time to reach back out to me and let me know when they had gotten it in which I really appreciated. When I got there with my mom, sister and close family friend we were welcomed warmly by Marie who was my consultant, she was getting the dress I had inquired about ready for me as we walked in. Michelle came out to greet us and gave me a big hug, it was nice. Marie was great to work with and super helpful. She put me right at ease. She told me I was her last appointment of the day and not to worry about how long I took. My ladies I brought with me had plenty of room and seats to be comfortable and I had a whole section to myself with a pedestal to model each dress in. I tried on my dream gown first and loved it but tried on a few others.... one was a contender so we put on a veil and everything but I still wasn't sure so I got back into the first dress and decided that was definitely the one. Marie brought us out some delicious peach moscato to celebrate, she took pictures for us and even after we took measurements and put down the deposit Michelle and Marie were still so nice taking more pictures for us and allowing us seconds of champagne. I can't wait to go back and see these wonderful ladies when my dress comes in. I was anxious about dress shopping but I could not have had a more perfect experience. Michelle and her staff are so kind, welcoming and helpful. It was totally stress free!

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Christine N

My experience here was really great! If you are plus size you know finding clothes in general can be a demoralizing experience. The selection was great and I was able to try on a variety of dresses. There was no pressure of any kind to commit and she really read my style and... Read More pulled some great dresses. She really helped when I was struggling to see how a dress would look and reclipped to better show dress potential. When I found the dress and we went back to take measurements she was very gentle when broaching showing me the size chart. I did not need this but I can see how her approach would be good for someone who the number on the label is really important. I am not a "woohoo" bride, I am more practical. My sister noted she immediately understood we were not the giddy type and was very low key with us. If we had been more giddy she would have reacted as appropriately. We were offered champagne when we found the dress but it was a little early. Overall this was such a great experience. I would recommend to other brides. Looking around online I probably could have gotten the dress for less, but the experience was worth it. A lot of places that say they carry plus size only have a few you can actually try on. I love supporting an independent woman owned business with such a body positive attitude.

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Jen W

Great salon with very helpful consultants. Everyone was so kind and knew a lot about the dresses they had in stock. This salon is a God-send for plus size brides and really made my bridal experience.

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Bayyana H

I was impressed with this charming and well appointed store that had a great selection of plus size gowns. Paige was exceptional and was patient in helping to find the dress. I ended up going with a dress that was not at this salon, however, I would recommend this store to any... Read More plus size brides who might be nervous about trying on bridal gowns. The Curvy Bride makes you feel beautiful and confident the moment you walk in.