Serving all loving couples in MD, DC, VA

Congratulations on your engagement. I'm excited that you checked out my profile. If you're looking for an officiant whom you can connect with, without feeling intimated or uncomfortable; you have found one. I have officiated more than 1500 ceremonies with raving reviews. Therefore, I understands the needs of the couples I serve. Creating ceremonies that reflect their vision, is what I love to do. I am always honored to share my expertise and experiences in hopes of eliminating any frustrations or surprises on the wedding day. My company provides secular, spiritual, and religious ceremonies to all. We also provide marriage license processing by proxy for our DC couples and photography sessions for our eloping couples. If you're ready to book, lets talk.

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Interfaith, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

Serving beyond tradition in MD, DC, NoVA (202) 253-3629

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 T R

I am so glad we decided to go with Rev. Burns for our ceremony (8/5/16). I initially contacted Rev. Starlene Burns back in February shortly after proposing to my now wife. I read wonderful reviews on Yelp and decided to request a quote. Rev. Burns replied within an hour.... Read More Starlene explained that she is available via Skype, email, telephone, and in person. She was very professional and friendly. She answered all of our questions and even provided recommendations. She explained the importance of parking at the venue (downtown) due to baseball games and traffic jams- things that never crossed our mind. We placed our wedding plans on hold for some time. Fast forward to June- we contacted Rev. Burns and explained that we would like to move forward with her. We immediately picked up where we left off- no questions asked. Rev. Burns sent us a useful questionnaire inquiring about our love story, individual preferences, and specific wedding details. Starlene provided a helpful link to her website, which answered many of our questions. It also set the expectations for the days leading up to and wedding day. Let’s fast forward to wedding day on 8/5/16. My bride was getting dressed in the bridal suite when I entered the venue. Rev. Burns greeted me with a warm welcome and hug. This set the tone for the evening. I explained that I had no idea what to do and how everything should go due to my nervousness. She kindly told me step-by- step what should take place and reassured me that everything would be fine. Although Rev. Burns had emailed a copy of the ceremony draft- that draft did NO JUSTICE to how she spoke to our AND our guest’s hearts. Not just the words, but also the tone(s) she used. She spoke with so much passion. Our ceremony was truly amazing and we cannot thank Rev. Burns enough. Our guests are still saying how wonderful Rev. Burns was and they want her at their wedding. Starlene held the key to make our fairytale a reality. If you are looking for a compassionate, friendly, funny, down to earth, and knowledgeable officiant- Look no further and contact Rev. Burns RIGHT NOW :-)

2017-01-10T23:39:31 Response from the vendor

Wow! That was a wonderful review. Thank you so much for sharing.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Charnita K

We had a wonderful experience with Rev. Burns. Not only did she respond to our email immediately but she was able to meet with us the same day. When my husband and I met her, we knew we were going to have a great experience. She was very warm and personable and we could tell... Read More that she was going to capture 'us' during our ceremony. She was very accommodating to our needs and gave wonderful advice for our ceremony. With our wedding being a few weeks away, we were on a tight schedule and Rev. Burns was efficient and timely. She lit up our ceremony and all of our guests commented on how great she was. If you want an unforgettable experience you should definitely have Rev. Burns as your officiant!

Professional with a Great Sense of Humor

Reviewed on 1/02/2012 Janet M

We decided to have a last minute civil ceremony at our condo in DC after finding out that my father's health was rapidly worsening. We found Reverend Burns online and sent her an email inquiring if she could file our paperwork, bring it to our home and officiate a small civil... Read More ceremony. She quickly responded and within 24 hours (beginning on the Sunday of the Thanksgiving weekend) we had received an emailed response, spoke to her on the phone, and completed all the necessary paperwork. Reverend Burns is kind and thoughtful. She even suggested that my father walk me down the "aisle", which was the entrance to our roof deck. She kept us up to date with emails and she was prompt the day of the ceremony. However, that is not what made her fabulous; my fiance told her our engagement story and she incorporated the tearing of a paper towel as part of the ceremony at the very last minute. It brought me to tears and the entire ceremony was perfect! She also created a lovely program and had everything prepared in a folder for us to review. She really thought of everything, including the forms and envelopes to get certified copies of the wedding certificate. I strongly recommend her services. She will not disappoint and will probably pleasantly surprise you!

2012-07-14T02:39:50 Response from the vendor

I was waiting to reply to this one, because I wanted to see the pictures from your public event and ask about your father. I hope all went well. And thank you so much for the review and inviting me to be part of something... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Pam J

Reverend Burns provided great service. She is organized and professional. She knew what was needed and was highly responsive and attentive. Her expertise made us feel comfortable and reassured. She was flexible and generous in spirit. A great person to have at such a critical... Read More part of life's journey!!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Estefania O

I am so glad I found Rev. Starlene Burns!!!! She made my dream wedding come true, it was one of my memorable and best days of my life. I was browsing the internet looking for someone to marry us and venues and I found Starlene Burns webpage, I loved everthing I was reading, all... Read More what she was offering and reading and looking at her page gave me feel good vibes, secured to finally have found her for my wedding. Rev. Starlene Burns is very nice, professional, chill, cool and caring person. All my family and guests loved her, me and my husband loved her too, she is amazing and wonderful, helped us in everything, answered us fast and always made us feel happy and secured. Rev. Starlene Burns has a kind heart, she is a good person, and I wish her all the good luck. We highly recommend her, it was a great experience having you in our wedding. Thank you very much for everything Rev. Starlene Burns!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Estefania O

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Sam C

We met with Reverend Burns more than one year before our wedding, and given our blending of faiths between families, she was the perfect choice. She was patient with us as we created the ceremony from her workbook as well as making our own adjustments, and was timely and fun to... Read More work with on both our rehearsal and wedding day.

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Mihan L

Reverend Burns was wonderful. She met with me and my fiance twice before the wedding via Skype, talked us through options for the ceremony and gave us very good advice, and then was particularly helpful during the rehearsal with her warm, calm manner. So glad we found her!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Liliana B

Amazing! She was very helpful. Provided professional, amazing and fast service. Maked my day even more special.

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Rich M

We had a simple ceremony and Rev.Burns was fantastic! She put together the perfect ceremony for what we wanted. We highly recommend Rev. Burns if you are getting married in the DC area!

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Emmanuel C

She's a very sweet person and easy to deal with and can even go the extra mile ,I enjoyed and would like doing business with her in the near future .

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Alex M

Rev. Burns was always available to answer questions and extremely flexible (when we kept changing the date). We appreciate all of her help. I would not hesitate to recommend her.

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Niya D

My husband and I were recently married by Rev. Starlene Joyner Burns, and we were very impressed with her quick, easy and reliable service. She is a very wonderful and professional person. Rev Burns is perfect!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Tivey M

Rev. Burns happens to be one of the most pleasant people I've ever experienced. She was considerably accommodating and professional. I would definitely refer friends room her in the future.

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Ron C

Rev. Burns helped us to make our special day very special and we deeply appreciate her very kind attention.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Jenn G

From start to finish our experience with Rev.Burns was the best! She was so helpful, and kind. It took the stress out of finding an officiant as soon as we spoke. The day of the ceremony she arrived with the best presence and attitude to keep everything during the ceremony... Read More running smoothly. It all went off without a hitch and we couldn't be happier that we found her! Thank you a million times, Rev. Burns!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Oumie S

I loved having Rev. Burns as our officiant. I felt at ease about using her services the first time we spoke over the phone. I love how she took the time to find out the story behind me and my (now) husband’s relationship and incorporated that into the ceremony. She gave great... Read More advice and tips regarding the ceremony, provided us with a customized ceremony script which we could read over beforehand and alter if necessary. She also helped us tremendously during our rehearsal. She performed an intimate and moving ceremony. I had family members come up to me, telling me how great she was and that they loved and agreed with every word that was said during the ceremony. I highly recommend using Rev. Burns as your officiant. Thank you Rev. Burns!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016

Rev. Burns is fantastic! I can't recommend her highly enough. I came up with this harebrained idea to fly to DC to get married and she was on board. Moreover, I wanted to sneak into the garden at the Cathedral and she gave great advice on we might best do that (mid week,... Read More after they closed, etc.) and everything went off perfectly. We emailed several times to get an idea about what we wanted said in our ceremony and why type of ceremony to have. She is also able to get your certificate for you which I recommend. I happened to be in town and picked it up but it would have been so much easier to have Rev. Burns do it for us! Sweet, sweet woman!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

Rev Burns is awesome!!!! I was sweating bullets as my new husband started me down at the alter and Rev Burns did a phenomenal job at relaxing me and making the event fun for me. Rev Burns also went over and beyond during a time where my fiancé and I where struggling and was... Read More about to throw in the towel. She is truly Godsent and had it not been for her me and my husband wouldn't be married today!!! Much love to Rev Burns from Kenneth Taylor-Sutton

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Roselliny T

Rev. Burns was an absolute joy to have as our wedding officiant! She was kind, friendly, and flexible throughout our planning process and wedding. All our meetings were great; she is so personable and really tries to get to know the two of you as a couple. She guided us through... Read More our ceremony script and custom tailored it to what made us comfortable. She was also easy to reach, whether it was by phone, email, or Skype, and went with the flow on our wedding day. She is an amazing speaker and I couldn't have asked for a better ceremony! Simply by talking to her in one conversation you would know that she is highly experienced and completely professional -- I would highly recommend her to all brides and grooms.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

My wife and I needed to schedule a wedding in DC on short notice from San Diego. We found Rev. Burns through the internet and she was able to help us, providing suggestions and working with us to prepare a great wedding. A short, moving ceremony in a lovely location. I would... Read More recommend her for anyone wanting to get married around DC area.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Katie H

Rev. Burns was amazing. She took the time to get to know my husband and I, and I feel like she really nailed it with the ceremony. It fit perfectly with what we were looking for, and she definitely went above and beyond. We felt so comfortable working with us, and was very... Read More patient with us through the entire planning process. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016

Rev. Starlene Joyner Burns was incredibly nice and enthusiastic. She made us feel very comfortable and laughed along with us which made us feel like she really enjoyed being their with us for our special moment. She was very prompt and professional beginning to end. She was... Read More extremely efficient with all the paper work. I would recommend her to everyone!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016

Due to last minute changes my appointment at the courthouse was cancelled. Found Rev. Burns online and she was very professional and courteous. She was able to save my weekend and perform the ceremony for me at the last minute. She communicated with me and made sure that my... Read More ceremony was one to remember. Thank you so much Rev. Burns

Reviewed on 4/06/2016

I had a short wedding at the last minute due to craving everything at the laSt minute. May I just say wow! Rev. Burns knows what she's doing. I just loved it. Very nice and willing to work with you. Thanks so much again!!:)

2016-04-06T22:38:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much.

DC Officiant Starlene Joyner Burns

I am Starlene Joyner Burns an ordained, authorized, dedicated, and reliable officiant. And I provide customized ceremonies at your location, same day marriages, signature service, DC wedding chapel elopements, and DC marriage license processing by proxy. I have been featured on The Knot since 2004, loved by my couples, and I'm a professional photog at www.starlenemoonphotography.com. I serve all couples equally and respectfully regardless of sexual orientation or gender identification. Now that you know something about me, I want to know about you. So bookmark this page, and call me today.