The Don CeSar

St Pete Beach, FL

Book Your Wedding with The Don CeSar

A BALLROOM IN ST PETE BEACH, FL

Located directly on sparkling St. Pete Beach, Florida, the Loews Don CeSar Hotel dates back to the roaring 1920s. Its glamorous towering pink facade draws tourists from across the world to rest in its immaculate guest rooms and enjoy the Florida sunshine. The Loews Don CeSar Hotel invites to-be-weds to celebrate with an elegant and classic style.

The courtyard. This space accommodates 250 guests with elegant views of the sparkling Gulf of Mexico. The setting sun provides a spectacular light show while guests mingle and dance in the tropical garden setting. Flanked by gleaming white railings and attached to a gorgeous staircase, the courtyard shares a view of the hotel for those ideal first-look photos or an outdoor wedding ceremony.

The King Charles Ballroom. Seating 150 guests for a sit-down reception or buffet-style dinner following a lovely ceremony, this fifth-floor ballroom has 15-foot ceilings that are vaulted and feature sparkling chandeliers. Floor-to-ceiling windows overlook the beach and the gulf and the attached marble-floored foyer makes an excellent choice for a cozy cocktail hour.

The Grand Ballroom. Covering two tiers with high ceilings and two elegantly curved staircases that provide an amazing entrance for the bride as she walks down the aisle and accented with dark wood, the Grand Ballroom overlooks the Gulf of Mexico's colorful sunsets and sparkling beach. Glittering chandeliers provide a warm glow on the elegant carpeted seating area that accommodates 250 guests.

The Del Prado Ballroom. Located on the fifth floor of the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, this ballroom has space for 80 guests. The ballroom is just over 2,000 square feet, with 15-foot ceilings and a view of the Boca Ciega Bay and the bright lights of downtown St. Petersburg. A glimpse of the Sunshine Skyway bridge gives the ballroom an exciting city feel.

The Buena Vista Ballroom. An excellent choice for an indoor wedding ceremony with a backdrop glittering with city lights, the Buena Vista Ballroom is just over 900 square feet in size and can host 40 guests.

The beach. The beach behind the Loews Don CeSar Hotel is one of the most beautiful on the gulf. With sparkling sands and glistening waves, the beach provides an excellent backdrop for wedding photos or a complete beach-side ceremony. Comfortable chairs line an aisle made from beach sand and a pretty archway gives the couple a ideal spot for those wedding vows.

With a long and elegant history dating back to the Gatsby era, the Loews Don CeSar Hotel's elegant pink facade is a staple of the St. Pete Beach skyline. The hotel covers a huge portion of the beach, with private beach access provided behind the resort. Shops and restaurants dot the lower section of the building and a giant walkway leads to the glamorous entrance.

The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is a full-service resort with an extensive catering menu that provides fresh Florida seafood and delicious steaks for both plated and buffet-style wedding receptions. The Spa Oceana is located inside of the hotel and offers full-service spa preparations for the wedding ceremony. Parking is located at the hotel or in city lots near the building. There is no free parking at the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, although valet parking is available.

The amazing views of the pristine white beaches of St. Petersburg are definitely a perk when it comes to a wedding at the Loews Don CeSar Hotel. Others include:

• Horse and carriage service to wedding if desired
  • Located on the beach and close to restaurants and entertainment
  • Blocks of rooms can be reserved for guests, suites available for couples and ready-rooms also available

Florida's Legendary Pink Palace

The Don CeSar’s proud heritage dates all the way back to 1928. But today, it’s the ideal setting for your big day. And since our Pink Palace sits right on the Gulf of Mexico, you can count on a view to wow your guests. However you envision your wedding, The Don offers romantic ceremony locations ranging from our tropical courtyard to Gulf-front beach to our Grand Ballroom. We also have eight elegant reception locations including beachside pavilions and stunning outdoor terraces.

• Outdoor - Covered

$$$$ – Expensive

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Rooftop, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

3400 Gulf Blvd, St Pete Beach, FL (727) 363-5042

Don Cesar Hotel

Reviewed on 3/02/2014 Christine F

Everything was perfect at our reception at The Don Cesar! The ballroom was beautiful and the food was absolutely the best! All of our guests commented on how good the food was. The staff were excellent as well and very accommodating even for last minute changes. If you are... Read More looking for an elegant place on the beach for your reception, The Don Cesar is the place!

AMAZING Wedding

Reviewed on 1/14/2014 Mia N

We recently got married at the Don Cesar and it was a memorable experience from the very start! Our wedding coordinator, Lauren Jones, did an exceptional job communicating and walking us through the whole process. She was patient and very organized and we could not have... Read More asked for a better person to help with our wedding day! She kept us calm and assisted in any way she could, from setting up our place cards in the ballroom to coordinating with other outside vendors. The staff was all wonderful, from the setting up of the ballroom to the wait staff who attended to our guests at dinner. The food is amazing and the venue itself is a beautiful historic hotel on the beach! But most importantly, the staff went out of their way to make us feel special on the weekend of our wedding. Our wedding experience at the Don Cesar truly exceeded our expectations and we are completely thrilled! Thank you for making our special day even more special and memorable!

More Than I Could Have Imagined!

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Shelby M

We had our wedding at the Don in June 2013, it was absolutely amazing and i'm not being biased because it was my wedding. Our coordinator at the hotel was Lauren Jones and we also opted to have Beth Clark as a day of coordinator, both did a phenomenal job. We originally were... Read More supposed to have the ceremony on the beach but with unpredictable weather... hello it's Florida and kind of expected, we had the ceremony in the King Charles Ballroom (great back up option). The ballroom was absolutely perfect! Lauren and Beth performed miracles with the ballroom, I can't believe how great it looked with only hours to decorate since it was our back up. After the ceremony we had cocktail hour in the hallway outside of the Grand Ballroom. The reception was held in the Grand Ballroom holding 210 of our guests. Decorating of the ballroom was just how I imagined, Beth knows her stuff and was able to grasp my style and transform the ballroom to exactly what I wanted. The layout of the ballroom is unique with the 2 levels which allows plenty of space on the original hardwood dance floor. The upper level is great for "wall flowers" to stand against the railing and at the same time feel included while the rest dance the night away. Also in front of the dance floor is a stage for the band/DJ, such a great layout. We served a dinner buffet. The food was the best I have had at a wedding, the guests thought the same. We have had a ton of compliments on the food, not only the dinner but the cake was delicious too. We had our cake made by Chef Tara at the Don. I emailed Tara a picture/design of a cake I liked, I showed up wedding day and it was exactly what I wanted. We had a great wedding, the Don is beautiful by itself but what really makes it special is the staff they have there. One of many reasons we chose the Don was the welcoming and friendly atmosphere. It took us a lot of searching to find the perfect venue and along the way we visited some venues that seemed less than excited for us. That is not the case with the Don, from the second we walked in we felt welcome. The Don exudes impecable service. Lauren and Beth allowed for our wedding to be stress free! I know that sounds crazy a stress free wedding but it's true they worked with us in every way from customizing menus to coordinating our after reception party in a bar down stairs by the pool/beach. From Lauren and Beth to the hotel staff all of our guests were thoroughly impressed. If you are even thinking about the Don as a venue at least take the time to visit the hotel, it will be worth your while. Hope this helps everyone with their perfect venue search!

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 P B

It was a dream. I can not say enough wonderful things about Lauren Jones and her crew. Lauren and I had smooth and productive relationship right from the start. I called her and said hi, do you think we can pull off a wedding together in 60 days and she said she's done it... Read More before in a week :) Lauren Jones is an intelligent amazing soul that is so wonderful to partner with. She is insightful and efficient in her productions. We had our cocktail overlooking the gulf on the veranda and then moved to the Grand Ballroom for a plated reception. The food and settings were spectacular. Our guests are still talking about it. The majority of our guest flew in from out of town and raved about the resort and beach. There is a spectrum of pricing for all budgets. Thank you, Lauren and crew.

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Sarah B

First Class We couldn’t be more thrilled that we chose to have our wedding at the Don CeSar! The courtyard made a lovely, secluded spot for our ceremony, and the grand ballroom looked stunning for our reception. Our guests raved about how good the food and service was. Most of... Read More them stayed at the hotel, and we never heard a single complaint. Lauren Jones was incredibly helpful throughout the year-long planning process, answering questions and offering friendly guidance. Everything ran so smoothly that we were really able to relax and enjoy ourselves. From our first meeting through the end of the wedding weekend, the staff of Don CeSar made us feel welcomed and valued. Many guests have told us that ours was the most beautiful and fun wedding they have ever attended. What a great start to our marriage!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Tiffany D

Everything I dreamed!! This place was spectacular we were married in the Courtyard and had our reception in the Grand Ballroom on 12/30/16 and it was everything I could have hoped and more! Lauren was an amazing consultant that held our hand during the entire planning process... Read More she made us feel right at home. I can't say enough about the Don and the staff that work there are so on top of everything. I felt like a celebrity for the whole weekend we were there!! They were so accommodating, professional, and quick to respond to everything we asked. If you want to be treated like royalty on your special day the Don is the place to go!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Allison C

Our wedding reception at the Don Cesar was perfection. From the amazing setting to the event planning team our experience was amazing. The team at the Don CeSar did so much to make sure the day went smoothly and wonderfully. The Grand Ballroom looked more amazing than I could... Read More have imagined, and our guests raved about the food, setting and service. I'd highly recommend the Don CeSar and can't wait to visit for our honeymoon!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Elizabeth L

I got married at the Don Cesar over a year ago and keep meaning to write this review. It was the most amazing experience! My husband, parents, and I went looked all over Florida to find the perfect venue and nothing compared to the Don Cesar. It was perfect! The beautiful beach... Read More setting and the vintage beautiful resort were just what we were looking for. Our guests have not stopped raving about the beautiful venue. We had our reception in the grand ballroom and we were very happy with the feel of the room. We were also very happy with how the food turned out on the wedding night. Every single detail was perfect. This is mainly due to the AMAZING Lauren Jones. She helped us from the day we first toured the resort to the day of the wedding. She answered thousands of questions from my family and me and made sure to always help us with whatever we wanted. Lauren is truly the reason why the experience was so great!

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Marissa B

I can not say enough about the incredible staff at The Don CeSar. We had our March 2016 wedding in the Grand Ballroom and everything was absolutely perfect! Lauren Jones was our coordinator and she made the entire process enjoyable and seamless. They take care of very detail for... Read More you. Choosing The Don CeSar for our venue was the best decision we made about our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Hannah Z

My wife and I just recently got married at the Don and it was as perfect an experience as you could ask for. Every single member of the staff went out of their way to be helpful and courteous to all the members of our wedding party and the rest of our guests. Lauren in... Read More particular was incredibly responsive and helpful every step of the way from the day we booked the hotel until the very last event of the weekend. The food was out of this world, served hot and on time. We didn't have any complaints from any guest. Everything about the Don was perfect and I would recommend it to anyone as a wedding venue. We cannot wait to get back!

Beach Wedding

Reviewed on 4/25/2015 Mary C

The Don was always pleasant to deal with throughout the wedding process. Heather watched the radar intently and was able to let us have our beach wedding despite a storm on the horizon. The timing was impeccable and when we made it under shelter as the rain started to come in... Read More she was there waiting for us with warm towels to dry off if needed. If we weren't going to be able to have our sunset this was the next best thing. All of our guests had an amazing time and everyone commented on how it was the best hotel catering they ever had. We were able to enjoy our entire day. One of the bellman even was able to sneak us a rare moment alone on the elevator! All the staff came together to make our wedding truly wonderful. We couldn't have been happier.

Beautiful location and excellent staff

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

My wife and I had the opportunity to work with Heather Satterfield at the Don and she couldn't have been a better coordinator. She helped us with everything along the way and made the day of as easy as anything we have ever done. The location is spectacular and we had perfect... Read More weather to add as well. Wish we could do it again next year with Heather and her staff at the Don. We would definitely suggest doing your wedding through this wonderful hotel.

Fairytale wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Jenni F

My husband and I were married at the Don earlier this month, and we (as well as our family and literally ALL of our guests) cannot find enough words to express how fantastically the resort and its staff hosted our wedding weekend. We had our rehearsal dinner (Sunsets Pavilion),... Read More ceremony (North Beach), and reception (King Charles) all at the Don, and wouldn't have changed a thing! Andrea Gabel was our catering manager, and she was phenomenal to work with throughout the entire year that we had to plan. (We love you, Andrea! Can't wait to see you again soon!) This was a destination wedding for us, and we only made two visits to the Don prior to wedding week, but the details all came together seamlessly. Our guests raved about the food both nights - we consistently heard from people that they had never attended an event where the chef and catering staff had done such a wonderful job preparing food for 90 guests (with multiple other events both evenings). During Friday and Saturday nights, all of the staff who worked our events were personable and did everything they could to make the evenings perfect. The Don is a remarkable venue in and of itself, but what made our celebration truly special were all of the people who made it a great success.

Our Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Nicole P

We had our wedding reception at the Don a few weeks ago and it was amazing! Every aspect of the weekend was perfect. We had several of our guests, some of which were staying at the Don and some of which were staying at their sister hotel, comment on how helpful and accommodating... Read More the staff were. They also said that all the food they had at the restaurants, during the cocktail hour, reception dinner and the late night appetizers we had at the reception were delicious! Several of them also said they would definitely be going back to stay and said it's the best wedding they have ever been to. This wouldn't have been the case if we didn't have our reception at the Don. Lauren Jones was our Event Coordinator and Beth Clarke was our Day Of Coordinator and they were absolutely great! We did something that hadn't been done before with changing rooms throughout the reception and Lauren, Beth and the staff pulled it off amazingly. They took care of any and every request that was made. It was everything and more than we could have hoped for!

Unforgettable!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Bailey H

My wife and I chose the Don Cesar hotel for our wedding. We worked with Heather who did a great job. Its hard to beat a place that looks like the Don Cesar! The service and attention to detail is also top notch. I would highly recommend getting married at the Don!Everyone loved... Read More the hotel and the food. My wife and I are very happy with the decision we made!!!

Best Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Gina V

My husband and I got married on August 9, 2014 at the Don Cesar. The venue is absolutely breathtaking. From the moment you see it, you are in awe. The inside of the resort is just as beautiful! We got married in the King Charles ballroom, which had amazing views of the gulf. We... Read More then took pictures both on the terrace overlooking the beach and went down to the beach to take pictures by the water. Our reception was in the Grand Ballroom. Nothing compares to this room. The two-level ballroom is stunning. No other venue has such a gorgeous reception ballroom with such an elegant feel. The service and wedding planners were top of the line. They did absolutely everything to ensure that my day was perfect. There were no horror stories and not one thing went wrong because of the hard work and dedication everyone put in at the Don to make this day perfect for me. And it was just that: PERFECT. The food was delicious. Guests are still telling me how much they enjoyed the food at the wedding. And all of my guests have told me that it was one of the most beautiful, elegant, and amazing weddings they have ever attended. Most of our guests stayed at the Don and had nothing but wonderful things to say about the staff, the rooms, the pool, the beach, and the overall service they received while there. If you are looking for an elegant, classy, and beautiful wedding of your dreams, I highly recommend the Don. There is no other venue that even comes close to comparing to this venue!

Amazing !!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Casey K

We got married here 1 month ago and it was incredible. Every aspect of the weekend was perfect. Every guest said over the course of the weekend how amazing the Don Cesar was and how wonderful the people were, the food and atmosphere. It was the wedding of my dreams, and I know... Read More it wouldn't have been without them. They made every request and wish happen.

If you want your expectations exceeded, book your event here!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Gabrielle T

I just had my wedding at The Don. Not only is it a breathtaking setting, but the entire experience was everything a bride could ask for. 3 weeks later and we're still hearing from guests that it was the most beautiful beach, best staff and best wedding food they have ever... Read More encountered. Lauren Jones is hands down the best wedding coordinator out there. From day one through the end, the process was enjoyable. Lauren worked with me to meet my budget, took my eclectic decor and turned the room into a dream and made sure the wedding party members who missed the rehearsal were up to speed the day of the wedding. Did I know that my vendor failed to deliver the cake until 10:30pm the night of the wedding? No. Why? Because Lauren and her staff made a back up cake to ensure my wedding was flawless. The best part? Vendors love working with this venue because they provide best in class service in a first class setting. The entire experience was seamless and simply stunning. Anyone who is considering this as a wedding venue (or event),consider no more, book immediately!

Amazing staff! Everything is perfect at Loews!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Charissa A

The staff is the best of the best! You are treated like royalty here and I will never go anywhere else when traveling to St. Pete Beach! We had our wedding reception at the Sea Porch Restaurant and it was fantastic! The staff is amazing and the food was unforgettable! Thank you... Read More for making my big day so perfect and wonderful!

Best Resort in St. Pete!

Reviewed on 12/02/2013 Julia F

Andrea, our wedding planner was awesome and wonderful to work with! The customer service at this resort was hands down the best! We will be staying at this resort again!

Amazing and beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/30/2013 Michelle C

I had my ceremony in the King Charles Ballroom and reception in the Grand Ballroom. Now the Grand Ballroom had character! I absolutely loved that the room had 2 levels with a stage and dance floor. The King Charles ballroom looked out into the St. Pete beach. Courtney Blount was... Read More my co-ordinator; very responsive, paid attention to details and always got the job done.

Reception and Accommodations - Fantastic Food, Great Service, Beautiful Hotel

Reviewed on 11/30/2013 Suzanne M

We held our reception at the Don Cesar and our out of town guests stayed at the hotel. We worked with Courtney Blount and her staff, who were knowledgeable and made the planning easy. The view from the South Terrace was breathtaking. We heard only the highest compliments on the... Read More food - a buffet lunch. From beginning to end, the service was exceptional. Our guests loved the location and the hotel. It is a lovely historic hotel so don't expect huge guest rooms. The trade off is one of the prettiest venues on the Gulf Coast.

beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Julie H

Best decision we made to have our wedding hosted in Don Cesar, amazing view and beautiful hotel! Heather is so nice to work with. Will come back again for our anniversary!

Beyond our expectations and more!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 kara w

We recently got married at the Don and from the start of our planning process to after our wedding the Don exceeded our expectations. We dealt with Heather through the whole process and what a wonderful person she was to work with. Being from Canada and planning a wedding in... Read More Florida Heather was there to answer any question we had and answered our questions right away which was so comforting. She explained everything and was just amazing at what she does. I cannot say how awesome Heather was to deal with and would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a beautiful spot to get married. All the staff at the Don were fabulous and very accommodating to our every need. During our reception dinner we were treated like royalty. Everything we asked for we received. Outstanding service!!!!! My dream of a beach wedding was full filled and much of that has to do with how Heather and the rest of the staff at the Don created it.

Magical and Blew our minds/guests away

Reviewed on 5/18/2013 Nicole H

We got married at the Don in late April 2013. I remember as a little girl walking through the historic hotel and seeing a wedding. That image must have implanted in my brain because when my fiance started sending me other hotels in Florida, I immediately thought of the Don.... Read More The level of service and responsiveness from the first contact was prompt, professional and personalized. Heather was amazing to work with. We booked our ceremony on the beach and reception in the Sunset Pavillion. We visited in person April 2012 and our expectations already were blown away. The staff is so friendly and accomodating. We used post cards from the hotel as our save the dates. Heather was there for our rehearsal and worked so well with our officiant (my aunt) as well as our photographer/videographer/dj.They both commented on how easy Heather was to work with. She made a point to meet all of our party and our parents. We spent the night at the Don in a lovely suite. Having never stayed at a hotel like that it, it was comical when we entered the parlor and looked for the bed. Then we checked the other room # which was the bedroom. Luckily for us the bellman arrived shortly after we did and showed us how they connected. LOL The day of the wedding, I kept checking in on our spaces. The workers never acted bothered. Heather was there as well and there was a downpour in the morning and she assured me that we'd be fine for our outdoor space and that the backup rooms were set up just in case. We had just a few decorations and a game of sorts that I wanted them to put out and they followed my instructions/requests to a "t". While waiting for our "first look" photos, I waited in a room that was being prepared for a different event. The staff there was so friendly and kind. They talked to me while I waited and still worked. One man in particular was singing and that calmed me as well. And they showed me how I could peek through the doors to see what was happening!! Meanwhile Heather was taking care of last minute details and our party. When it was go time- she brought me into an air conditioned area to wait for the walk down the aisle. Again, the woman from the hotel folding napkins was so kind. They even brought me my favorite water from the pool area. Heather was there for the walk down the aisle- coordinating signals with our dj/photographer/videographer for perfect timing. She remained there for the rest of the event. We did a buffet style dinner (the only option being so far from the kitchen) and 2 members of the staff plated the food for my husband and me. I tried a little bit of everything and it all was spectacular. We had a slight panic when it came to the cake cutting though. We didn't have anything to cut the cake. Well, Heather thought of things that I didn't and there was a cake cutter right next to the cake to our pleasant surprise!! Reggie our "bodyguard" (what he introduced himself to my husband as) was fabulous as well. When our drinks were cleared from the table during cleanup he quickly replaced them as well as let us enjoy the space after our guests left. We spent some time with Jeff the lobby bartender who was awesome. When we went back to our room we were greeted with some surprises from Heather and wandered around the hotel with one of them. Even the night cleaning crew was friendly and accommodating, snapping some photos of us that we requested. Overall- we wouldn't change a thing and recommend the Don with no hesitation at all.