The Driskill Hotel

Austin, TX

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Austin Weddings & Special Events

Since 1886, The Driskill has consistently earned iconic status as the marquis site for Texas Hill Country weddings and is unrivaled when it comes to romantic wedding receptions. The majestic function rooms are ideal and the veteran staff has a reputation for excellence and discretion.

$$$$ – Expensive

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Food + Catering

Bow2008 09

604 Brazos Street, Austin, TX

Reviewed on 1/18/2013 Kristina H

The Driskill was the perfect place to have my wedding. The venue itself was exceptionally beautiful, but on top of that the event staff was 5 star. We had some issues with our room block, or rather, we had some issues getting the staff to book our guests' rooms properly, and the... Read More after-regular-hours staff didn't seem to know that we had a room block and weren't able to change it or book rooms in it. That being said, everything about the EVENT itself was PERFECT. Scott (the Catering Manager) is absolute perfection. He is VERY responsive, polite, accommodating, and intuitive. He and I barely spoke about what I wanted in a cake until the week of the wedding (that was my bad) and he pulled out the most gorgeous cake I have ever seen. Seriously, he was AMAZING. The valet staff were awesome too! We rented a VERY expensive exotic car for our getaway, and they took great care to make sure everything went well and the car was well cared for. The catering staff prepared all the food to 100% perfection! Seriously, everyone keeps telling us how amazing the food was. It is no small fete to prepare food for 150 people without it tasting like "catered food" but it was soooo good. I just wish I could have eaten more! The service staff is ON POINT. The head catering waiter was right there with me and my husband all evening making sure that we were well taken care of. There he was, ready to make sure there was a drink in our hands and food in our mouths during and in-between photos, and all during the reception. It was really 5 star all the way. In summary, the only negative thing about the experience was just the few issues we had with our room block, and had NOTHING to do with the wedding itself. Everything else was absolutely perfect. We are getting raves about the whole event! It's really true what they say, I wouldn't have changed a single thing. The Driskill is truly a one-of-a-kind hotel. We felt like royalty. :)

Top Notch Service

Reviewed on 6/20/2012 Tish M

The venue has so much of its own beauty, that not a lot of detail needs to be added. The food was absolutely amazing. All the quests are still talking about how good the meal was :-) You couldn't ask for better service on such an important day! The servers were extremely... Read More friendly and pleasant.

Absolutely AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/15/2012 Sarah K

Scott and The Driskill Hotel were so instrumental in making our wedding day absolutely perfect. Down to the last detail, they were constantly attending to the guests, refilling our champagne glasses and making sure the other vendors had received dinner. One thing that really... Read More stood out- I forgot to plan a separate food menu for the children, but the staff asked the families with kids what they wanted to eat and quickly whipped up some chicken fingers for each and every child there. I was so impressed with their dedication and effort. Pick this venue and work with Scott, it will be the best decision you make!

Beautiful venue and wonderful service

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Athena S

The Driskill and their staff were great. They of course host weddings and other events all the time, so they know how to keep everything running smoothly. Their event manager Scott answered all of my very many e-mails very quickly, and was happy to answer every single little... Read More question I could think of. They made everything go off without a hitch, and they even made sure my husband and I got plenty of food and drink before the ceremony and during the reception. The Driskill also made sure we were perfectly happy with our reception menu, and their chef even made a special-order vegan hors d'oeuvre for our vegetarian guests. Everything looked and tasted wonderful, and if it's within your budget I would definitely recommend the Driskill.

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Natalie R

We could not have asked for a better experience here! Scott E. was fantastic throughout the entire planning experience - we was quick to reply to emails and answer questions honestly. The day of, all of the Driskill staff were incredibly accommodating and attentive. Lisa... Read More helped keep everything in order and my nerves down. We LOVED the added touch of the personal attendants for my husband and me throughout the entire reception - they predicted our needs and happily complied with any requests. The food continues to be a talking point after with all of the guests. We look forward to coming back to the Driskill to celebrate our anniversaries for many, many years to come!

Wow, wow, and wow! Dream reception.

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 Sabrina S

We worked with Amanda Tofflemire for our reception in the Driskill's Victorian Room and oh my goodness, how perfect everything turned out to be. I can't even count the number of things the Driskill staff did to make everything turn out perfectly. Every person we talked to did... Read More everything they could to make our stay comfortable. And it's not just because we were having an event there, that is just how top-quality this hotel staff truly is. I stayed at the hotel with my bridesmaids the night before the wedding and from the valet service loading my car up that morning all the way up until the moment my husband and I left a couple of days later, we were treated almost like royalty... Especially at the reception. We had our ceremony in a church downtown and as soon as we hit the door at the Driskill, we were greeted with at least 4 staff members: 2 valet guys who helped us out of the car, Scott (the coordinator working with Amanda that day), and a wonderful woman named Sandra who was with my husband and I most of the night. She was at the door with both champagne and water for us and never let our glasses get empty the entire night. The entire time we were treated with the utmost respect. I cannot sing Amanda's praises high enough either. Anything we needed done, she took care of. She met with us in person to decide the menu and cake choices and even let us take home a couple bottles of the Driskill's house wine to make sure we'd like it for our reception. She responded to almost every email quicker than I respond to most text messages. She left us a hand-written note in our room after the reception and made sure champagne and cake pops were waiting for us. Truly, she is wonderful. Oh, and more of the staff had taken all of our wedding gifts up to our room while we did our grand exit and said bye to guests. And then they loaded it all up in the car when we were ready to take everything home. That was so handy! Do I even have to say anything about the hotel's beauty?? It's probably better said by people who are better with words than myself, but it is just SO gorgeous that I cannot say nothing, even if just to bring it up. Same goes for the food- everyone loved the food and loved the cakes even more (which were beautiful, delicious, and made by the Driskill's 1886 Cafe). We definitely spent much, much more on our reception venue than anything else for our wedding, but it was so worth it. Being in the environment the Driskill created for our reception (on top of the already gorgeous hotel the Driskill is to begin with) made me feel like I was living a fairy tale the whole night.

My dream wedding reception!

Reviewed on 3/14/2014 Danielle E

My fiancé and I walked into The Driskill Hotel and I just knew I wanted to host our wedding reception at this charming, historic, quintessential Texas hotel. We worked with Amanda who was exceptional. She was professional, extremely experienced, detail oriented, friendly and... Read More quick with information and follow up. She made the planning process with the venue very easy. The reception was absolutely magical. The room was stunning! We hosted the reception on the mezzanine level. One of the reasons I chose The Driskill was because the mezzanine was already so beautiful that I didn't have to spend a lot of time or money to dress it up with a lot of décor. And the staff was on it! They didn't miss a beat. Service was prompt and friendly. Dinner was GREAT! And Amanda and her team, along with our wedding planner, made sure I didn't have to think of anything. Our guests were treated wonderfully and all of them commented on how much they enjoyed their stay at The Driskill. I cannot thank Amanda and The Driskill enough for making our day one we will remember for the rest of our lives. It truly was a fairy tale reception.

Amazing historic Austin venue!

Reviewed on 4/23/2013 Tracy W

The Driskill was a "dream spot" for me. I never thought they would have my date (we planned in 90 days) or that they would be in my budget. I was shocked that they were both! The catering manager I worked with was amazing! The day of the wedding, everyone at the hotel treated us... Read More like we were the only guests despite the fact that there were three weddings going on, and we were the smallest. Our guests raved about the food, and the cake from the 1886 Bakery was amazing!

The Crystal Room at The Driskill

Reviewed on 1/27/2013 Maureen Y

My Reception (20 years after the wedding before a Justice of the Peace) was small, about thirty people, but Scott at The Driskill treated me as if it was a large as and important as anyone else. The room was beautiful. The food was way above standard wedding food. The service... Read More was unobtrusive but impeccable. I was doing the reception from LA and Scott sent me diagrams of the table layouts, advised me on what appetizers were well received (the lobster corndogs are incredible. I mean, just saying them is fun! And the smoked tomato soup? People who don't like tomato soup were blown away. It was incredible.) What color linens go well in the room, and where to rent them. When I forgot to return the cake stand to my baker, he made sure it got back to her. The Driskill has been doing this forever. They were not the most expensive (the actual cost of the room is remarkably inexpensive, but you do have to use them as your caterer and they are never going to be a budget caterer. That said, you can get a lot more expensive than The Driskill with a hall and a standard caterer.) All my vendors were familiar with them and they were familiar with my vendors. Things just went smoothly. If you want gorgeous, classy, experienced, go with The Driskill. And tell Scott hello.

The Ultimate Austin experience for guests

Reviewed on 12/02/2012 mindy s

For relatives coming in from out of town, you can't beat the Driskill for its Austin experience. They're not just pet friendly, they go out of their way to be pet welcoming. Seriously worth every penny. Old fashioned service, classic decor, and modern amenities.

One word: Amazing.

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Nicole W

We got married at the Driskill in the Crystal Room and had our reception in the Victorian Room. It was everything I could have hoped for and more. I cannot say enough good things about the Driskill's wedding coordinator Amanda Tofflemire. She was so helpful, kind and caring and... Read More talk about a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Driskill weddings. She really eased my worries when planning everything. She had another wedding on the same day of our wedding and you wouldn't have even known it. She was checking on us and making sure everything was running smoothly all evening. She even bustled my dress! Amanda covers all of the bases when it comes to a Driskill wedding, she leaves nothing out. She even asked us what we preferred to drink on the day of and we had our drinks delivered to us by our own waiter all night. During the planning process, if I sent Amanda an e-mail asking her a question she would respond within a few minutes, I think the longest it took her to respond was maybe an hour. She truly cares about your feelings and she is so good at what she does. If it wouldn't have been for Amanda, our wedding wouldn't have been such an awesome success! The Driskill was amazing. Everyone I have talked to since the wedding has nothing but good things to say, especially about the food and you just never know about wedding food, but everyone raved that the food was amazing. Our cakes were amazing as well, beyond my expectation. We did a UT Longhorn cake for the groom's cake and it was completely awesome! My cake was beautiful and elegant. The Driskill is a great wedding venue. They do it all. From the food to the cakes to decorating. They also have good packages on alcohol. Couldn't have asked for a more amazingly perfect venue!

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Lauren H

AMAZING! A beautiful place to get married and have a reception and the service was fantastic!

Fantastic Experience

Reviewed on 6/07/2012 Joyce G

We had an intimate ceremony at the Driskill. My husband is originally from Austin, which contributed to the choice of the venue. The hotel is gorgeous, with breathtaking architecture from the 1800's, centrally localized in the middle of all the 6th st fun, but with the warm... Read More welcome of a bed and breakfast. Amanda, the event planning coordinator went above and beyond the call of duty to make our day perfect. Delicious food, beautiful cake, and overall awesome experience.

Amanda was amazing!

Reviewed on 5/24/2012 Marissa H

Our wedding at the Driskill was beautiful, as I'm sure all weddings there are. But Amanda was probably the best thing I can talk about from the hotel. The best thing is that she will respond to your emails right away, unlike most coordinators. She really makes you feel like... Read More you are her first priority. I am not from Austin, so I asked for her advice sometimes on vendors and she was extremely helpful.

Best Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 2/11/2012 Christine C

The Driskill is a phenomenal wedding venue location. The Events Manager, Amanda Barone, and the rest of the staff bent over backwards to accommodate any request and was so helpful with everything. The venue itself is beautiful so any decoration was just for a personal touch not... Read More because it needed it. The food was delicious! I HIGHLY recommend The Driskill!!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2011 Maria K

So happy we chose the Driskill after the wedding. The complimentary champagne and strawberries were just icing on the cake. The service was so nice. We felt like bride and groom our whole stay.

The Driskill Hotel

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Emily G

Everything and everyone in this hotel is absolutely amazing. Scott our wedding coordinator did his best to make sure that my husband and I would not have to worry about anything. There could have been a couple of items that could have been tweaked, but other than that our... Read More experience there was simply wonderful.

Horrible, do not stay here.

Reviewed on 8/12/2010 Kathleen C

My husband and I were supposed to spend our wedding night in the suite at the Driskill. They gave us the wrong room (which even had a flower in it saying "happy birthday"), and were horrible to work with. The prices are WAY too high for what you get... even if you do get what... Read More you paid for. We made the reservation MONTHS in advance and even had to pre-pay. DO NOT spend your money at this hotel.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Catherine R

The ambience of the Driskill mezzanine was perfect for a large wedding. The layout of the space is such that it felt like one cohesive space, but there was the option of different areas of the space and different rooms off of the mezzanine could be given distinct feelings or... Read More purposes. We used one side room for a bar, another as a quieter place with the groom's cake, and the large ballroom for all the food. The main interior space was then used for tables and the dance floor. Teh Driskill mezzanine also offers 2 beautiful balconies for guests to enjoy.;I really can't say there was anything that I was displeased with about the Driskill mezzanine.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Tracie W

The Driskell is a very classic, romantic, and sophisticated venue that speaks for itself without decoration, but is even more breathtaking and glamerous with decor.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Claire V

The Driskill Hotel is the pinnacle of Texas elegance. From the grandeur of the Mezzanine where our reception was held to the smallest details that were meticulously overseen by their extremely competent staff everything about our wedding reception was absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kristina W

Loved: 1) our Driskill planner/contact Emily Taylor. She anticipated and catered to our every need and went the extra mile every day leading up to the event as well as the night of. 2) the food. Amazing presentation and service and what got delivered was delicious. Bride... Read More was a vegetarian and they made a killer meal not just the token here-are-some-veggies option some reception sites offer. 3) the cakes. The execution of the R2D2 groom's cake blew my mind. The bakery absolutely exceeded my wildest dreams; I couldn't be happier with them.;Concerns: 1) the reception hall is T-shaped and if you have more than 100 guests you have to use rooms that open off the main hall to seat them at tables. I felt that it isolated some tables from the dance floor and heart of the action but everyone got up and mingled after the meal anyway so it's nothing that should be a deal-breaker. 2) You can't get into the bridal suite before 4pm. Can be a problem if you want to have that available for you and all your bridesmaids getting dressed/ready.

Reviewed on 5/19/2009 Amy C

It was absolutely gorgeous. The food was incredible and the cakes were amazing!

Rating for The Driskill Hotel

Reviewed on 11/12/2008 Andi-Elisabeth P

Reviewed on 9/04/2007 Briana B

The hotel itself has an amazing feel to it, the decor is unique, the food is excellent, the space is perfect for any size group and the waitstaff is phenomenal.;The catering managers are both new and aren't quite pros yet. They had a security problem as well, but that was... Read More handled and we were compensated.