The Elkridge Furnace Inn

Elkridge, MD

Book Your Wedding with The Elkridge Furnace Inn

A BEACH IN ELKRIDGE, MD

The beauty of The Elkridge Furnace Inn is undeniable for a wedding day. Built by James and Andres Ellicott Jr., the Manor Home, circa 1810, was an addition to the original Tavern, circa 1744. Combined with breathtaking landscapes, the venue is exquisite for a wedding day celebration. The Elkridge Furnace Inn in Elkridge, Maryland, hosts wedding ceremonies and receptions.

The beauty of the three-floor Manor Home is stunning with professionally decorated floors and the peacefulness of covered porches that overlook the Patapsco River and gardens. On the third floor, brides have the elegance of a three-room bridal suite that includes a fitting room, a full bathroom and two sitting rooms.

Brides enter through the grand pergola with hanging flower baskets creating a stunning entry to meet the groom and guests. Brick seating and a center aisle blend with the beautiful greenery and seasonal blooms of the outdoor space. Say "I do" under the oldest and largest sycamore trees in Haward County.

Cocktail and hors d'oeuvres hour is served in the Manor Home. Guests enter through the Colonial Revival porch to the beautiful interiors of the home where elegance, history and prestigious services combine to create an unforgettable cocktail reception.

The venue provides outdoor tented receptions. The tent is affixed to the Manor Home and features 40 by 80 feet. The interiors are beautiful for wedding celebrations with chandeliers, ceiling fans and heating and air conditioning. For large weddings, extensions can be added to the patios of the venue if needed. The space option includes a wooden panel parquet dance floor.

The Elkridge Furnace Inn offers couples the option to host their wedding ceremony and reception or just a reception at the venue. With the breathtaking beauty of Old World charm and wedding packages created specifically for the elegance of the event, couples have a venue that creates a flawless wedding. Catering is offered on the site along with alcohol, bar and bartender services. All menus are customized from hors d'oeuvres to dessert and created and prepared by the venue's executive chef and talented culinary team. Menus are buffet-style station dinner menus. Wedding packages include tables and chairs, linens, all tableware and dance floor accessibility. The venue does allow music indoors or outdoors. No birdseed, rice or confetti is allowed.

With the ageless beauty of The Elkridge Furnace Inn and the extra perks that offer couples additional elegance and comforts on their wedding day, the venue creates a day that is complete. The Elkridge Furnace Inn offers the following extra perks:

• Bridal changing room
  • Two bridal sitting rooms
  • Bridal fitting room
  • Groom changing room with private staircase to the bar
  • Event coordinator
  • Food tasting

We Make Memories!

A historic mansion ca1744, EFI is a stunning outdoor setting complete with ceremony point, exclusive use of the Manor Home and climate-controlled tent. As beautiful as the grounds and mansion are our food is the best part about us with fully customizable menus set by you!

• Outdoor - Covered

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

5745 Furnace Ave, Elkridge, MD (410) 379-9336

Reviewed on 5/03/2015 Rachel I

We recently had our wedding at EFI and it was absolutely perfect. The venue is beautiful, the staff is helpful and friendly, and the food is incredible. We had so many compliments on how delicious the food was and how gorgeous the property is.The staff was responsive to emails,... Read More very accommodating, and made sure things ran smoothly so all we had to do was have fun and enjoy our wedding. It was the best night of our lives and it wouldn't have been the same anywhere else! We would highly recommend EFI!!

Nothing short of a fairytale....

Reviewed on 7/22/2012 Amy N

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at the EFI on Friday, June 15, 2012. There has not been a day that has passed where I have not thought about that day, how perfect everything was, and how I would give just about anything to relive it just one more time. I found out... Read More just three days before my wedding that the coordinator at EFI (whom I had been dealing with for 6 months) had left and was replaced. I was nervous because I couldn't imagine how all of the planning done with the previous coordinator could be communicated to the new coordinator with just days to spare. I've never been so happy to admit that I was wrong about feeling apprehensive because Steve, the new coordinator, completely blew my mind. Within thirty minutes of talking to him he had made me more comfortable than I was with the previous coordinator whom I had been working with for months. Steve and the entire team at EFI were accommodating, hard working, kind, respectful, and 100% dedicated to making my wedding go exactly as I had envisioned it. Not only did everything go as planned, everything more than exceeded my expectations. I am tearing up right now just thinking about how amazing the entire day was. If you want to enjoy every aspect of your day and have guests tell you that your wedding was, "the best they have ever been to," then EFI is for you.

Most amazing staff I could imagine

Reviewed on 9/22/2011 Jessica T

This venue is absolutely stunning. The picturesque view from ceremony point was the reason I chose this place. The amazing food was a bonus. Pat is amazing to work with even with all the insanity that is entailed when parents pay for a venue. She never once lost her patience... Read More with my family. On the day of I was absolutely amazed at the handwork that everyone put in...especially one server (I wish I could remember her name) because she was the best. She made sure that not only were my groom and I taken care of but our 3 kids too. She also made a garter when I realized I forgot mine at home!! Just make sure the AC doesn't get reset because the bridal suite was unbearable!!

Reviewed on 2/17/2018 Victoria S

I am SO glad my husband and I chose Elkridge Furnace as our wedding venue. Everything was 5 stars: the food, the ambiance, the service, the coordinators. Our guests raved about the food, the drinks from the bar were strong, and it truly felt like the staff really cared about us... Read More and making our day special. EFI provided a day-of coordinator as a part of their package, and they also had a staff member dedicated to helping the bride and groom with anything we needed. We felt like royalty! They set up all of the decor and packed it up after the reception, which I was so glad I didn't have to enlist help from guests/friends/family members. They also provided a lot of things in-house that I didn't even have to buy like a cake stand, the tables, chairs, linens, and cake cutting set. They made wedding planning and the day of so easy and fun, I wish I could do it all over again! As if the food and beautiful venue isn't enough, the level of service EFI provides is just not common nowadays and it really sets them apart from other venues. Special shout out to Bethany, our coordinator, for working so hard to make our day absolutely perfect. Also, to Theresa our bartender who was SO friendly and made sure everyone had an amazing time. My husband and I can't wait to go back for our anniversary, but honestly the food is so delicious, I'm sure we will be back to eat at the restaurant before then!

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Sara M

The team at EFI was so wonderful and helpful. We had a last-minute guest number change and table arrangement change (like, night before the wedding) and they were so accommodating! They helped us every step of the way and checked in frequently to make sure we were on the same... Read More page.

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Salvatore F

DO NOT GO HERE. This is a terrible business establishment. After the sales person and chef convinced me that they could cook food from around the world, my husband and I put down a deposit to have our wedding here. The tasting was HORRIBLE. It was so bad we had to completely... Read More re-do our menu and eliminate Indian and Italian food from our wedding (I'm Indian, he's Italian). Although that was a big concession, we decided that perhaps the order was too tall and stuck with them anyway - huge mistake. Not to mention, the chef was EXTREMELY rude to us during the tasting. Lamb vindaloo, traditionally made in a sauce/gravy was served to us like a dry rub meat. When my Dad kindly explained that's not lamb vindaloo, the chef said "I made it like that so people don't spill on their nice clothes". When my husband (fiance at the time) told the chef the marinara could use more salt, the "chef" said "YOU didn't put Parmesan on it". Their sales coordinate Bethany did not respond to emails, had no answers for the many logistical questions we had, could not help us create a menu for our wedding and gave us multiple excuses as to why she wouldn't get back to us on time. "Our pipe burst, many people have quit, I'm the only one working etc." After explaining our concerns, no one reached out to try and make things better, they just told us that if we chose to go with someone else, we would lose our $2500 deposit. As an attorney I certainly could have fought them, but didn't want my whole wedding to be tainted by their lack of professionalism and inability to deliver on their promises. Don't go here in general, but if you're planning a wedding, THINK TWICE. Definitely not worth the headache and anxiety have working with unresponsive and unprofessional people.

Reviewed on 12/16/2017 Jessica T

I cannot say enough about the wonderful wedding team at the Elkridge Furnace Inn! I wanted an all-in-one venue because I found wedding planning overwhelming. From the moment I visited and saw the beautiful gardens, lovely tent, and heard about the creativity of the chef and... Read More their use of ingredients they grow themselves, I knew we had found our venue! THE FOOD: We designed a rather unique menu that would showcase my Norwegian and my husband's Filipino heritages, and the EFI team took it and ran! We got soooo many compliments on our delicious food. THE DAY: The EFI staff work very hard to make sure that the Bride and Groom actually ENJOY their wedding day. There were two ladies assigned to follow us around and make sure we had samples of all the food and a rotation of wine, gin and tonics, and water throughout the entire night. It allowed us to focus on the day and the guests but still get our food and drink needs met :D Plus the wedding coordinator was on site the whole day to make sure everything went smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a single thing -- they handled everything from working with the DJ to getting our table decorations just perfect to making sure everyone was in the right place with the right stuff at the right time. How many brides can say they actually RELAXED on their wedding day?? But that's exactly what I did! THE VENUE: One word: stunning! We had tulle and fairy lights, and it looked like a scene out of a fantasy storybook. With a wedding in November we weren't sure if we would do inside or outside until a couple of days before. We decided to have it inside, and I'm so glad that we did, because it was just beautiful! The EFI staff set up lovely lighting and an alter area, and everyone was able to enjoy the ceremony in a comfortable temperature. Bottom line: The EFI is amazing at what they do, and I couldn't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Bridget A

Choosing the Elkridge Furnace Inn for our July 2017 wedding was the best choice we made during the wedding planning process. Although our point of contact person changed multiple times throughout the planning process, leaving us slightly concerned early on, the end result was... Read More exactly what we had envisioned! We ended up doing the majority of our planning with Sari and Bethany, who were both fabulous and very detailed oriented! It was a pleasure working with them as well as Donna and Chef Wecker (who even came out to greet us during the reception!). The day of our wedding called for scattered showers, and the staff at Elkridge Furnace Inn made us feel comfortable and went above and beyond to ensure that we had our ceremony outside. They wiped down chairs after a passing shower and made sure that our guests were comfortable while we waited for the rain to stop. In the end, we got married in the beautiful outdoor ceremony space and the rest of the evening went on without a hitch! Tricia, our attendant, was fabulous and made sure that we were always well taken care of! We have received endless compliments about the fabulous food, drinks, decor, and staff at the Elkridge Furnace Inn. We are so happy that we chose to spend our special day in such a special location!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Kristy R

We had our wedding here in July. I will say the day of the wedding was amazing, the staff on duty were very helpful and took care of everything. The food was excellent, we got so many great compliments on the food and event. I will say that planning the event was very... Read More stressful, with the constant employee turnover. We didn't have as much communication with the planners as were we expecting. When we asked about items we were just told that Elkridge pulls everything together last minute. That is great and everything but that is a little unsettling for a couple planning their wedding. I would recommend this place just be sure to keep in touch often and make sure you stay on top of which staff member is your planner. Ours wedding planner kept changing.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Meryem A

A perfect location. The outdoor venue is gorgeous, surrounded by tall trees, beautiful flowers, and the backdrop is the Patapsco river and state park. You would never know you're so close to Baltimore and Annapolis. The inn is beautiful and has a rich history. We fell in love... Read More with this entire venue the minute we saw it. We were also happy to learn that they had a lovely place for the bride to get ready and a place for the groom and groomsmen to hang out before the big event. Pam was our wedding day coordinator. She was wonderful to work with and made sure our day was perfect. All details were in place and our day ran smoothly. Chef Dan cooked up a feast that delighted the senses. We even had a special hostess who took care of us throughout the entire day. We feel horrible we can't remember her name but she was wonderful and so sweet. Everyone at the Elkridge made sure to make our special day one we will remember fondly and forever. They worked really well with all of our vendors and the entire staff was polite and helpful to all of our guests. We can't wait to celebrate our anniversary and enjoy Chef Dan's wonderful cooking.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Yvonne F

This venue was the perfect place for our wedding and I hope many more can celebrate their marriage here as well. I loved the outdoor ceremony, historic building, and unique atmosphere. We lucked out with a beautiful July day, but the venue has indoor plan for rainy days which... Read More gave us peace of mind. The tent also has a option of A/C, heat, or doors opened which is great for year long events. All of the staff were amazing and helpful from the beginning when we started planning our wedding up until the end when they were all helping us pack up after the wedding. The location is perfect for a Maryland wedding, as it is in the middle of Annapolis, Baltimore, and D.C, and right next to BWI airport and a ton of hotels. The food is amazing and I hope to go back some day to eat at their restaurant. They are very accommodating to any dietary needs which is great for my family and I. This place is 100% handicap accessible which was very important to me since my MOH is in a wheelchair. Many other venues claimed to be handicap accessible but had places that were not wheelchair friendly.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Nicole D

The Elkridge Furnace Inn was an amazing venue - beautiful inside and out, and they provided excellent customer service from beginning to end. On the day of there was practically no stress regarding set-up, photos, food, or anything because their staff took care of it. The food... Read More and cake were delicious!! A word of advice for family members who may be helping on the wedding day (mothers of the bride, etc): make sure to bring comfortable shoes on the day of the wedding for climbing up and down the steps :) Also during the planning process be sure to clarify who you're communicating with; we sent a lot of e-mails to our sales representative instead of the day-of coordinator which caused a few moments of confusion. Overall they are an excellent team and made our day so wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Rachel F

The venue is beautiful! The chef and his wife are very nice and the food was outstanding. There is so much help especially on the day of from various staff and all are welcoming and friendly. The coordinator pam was beyond helpful and made sure the wedding day was perfect!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Nicole L

My daughter and son-in-law just had a beautiful Sunday brunch wedding at the garden house at Elkridge Furnace Inn. It was really everything I hoped it would be. The staff was wonderful, attentive to detail and professional, and the location under the trees with beautiful... Read More landscaping and unusual flowers was amazing. And the food was outstanding. Best waffles I ever had, everything was so delicious. You can taste the fresh ingredients grown on site. I cannot possibly give this a higher recommendation as a wedding venue. And it was very affordable as well.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Samantha P

We loved getting married at the inn. We had a few minor hiccups with a few of the staff members who hadn't communicated with each other. However, the day of was beautiful and we were well taken care of.

Reviewed on 4/10/2016 Rachel D

I'm getting married May 22, 2016 and Elkridge has been absolutely wonderful to work with! I've been impressed at every step along the way.

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Anne H

We were pleased with our wedding at the EFI. We chose the venue because of its historic charm and location by the Patapsco River. The wedding coordinators, Aly and Cameron were easy to work with and very accommodating during the planning phase. They worked well with our... Read More vendors too. We opted for the Winter All Inclusive Package which was a great value and the food was yummy. The service on the evening of the event was impeccable. We were treated like royalty. The flow of the event was seamless as our guests moved from the ceremony point to the manor house for cocktails and then the tent for dinner and dancing. And thankfully, the weather cooperated and we had a beautiful spring evening for the event. Several of our guests commented that the venue was marvelous. We recommend the EFI to anyone looking for the perfect wedding venue.

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

The location is lovely (except for being in the flight path for BWI). The home is lovely. The trouble is that they were not ready when they should have been. The wedding started at 6:30. At 5:15, they were still planting flowers. They were JUST beginning to put chairs out.... Read More They blew off the site around 5:40. Then...once the chairs were in place, we noticed that they were ALL dirty. The coordinator for the day was still putting out decorations and cocktail tables after 6. A wedding venue should be ready for your arrival - at a minimum - at least 1 hour ahead of time. It was very stressful. Thankfully, the bride was unaware. I'd suggest they work on their prep time and the warm welcome that should be received from their coordinating staff. The wait staff and yard workers were great.

2015-09-19T11:04:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. Our property is not on a normal flight path. Unfortunately, Southwest Airlines is working on one of their runways so the company changed flight paths temporarily. Sadly,this is something that we can not control and is certainly not normal. Can... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Stephanie H

My husband and I just got married there! It was a perfect venue for a summer evening wedding. The staff, especially Aly and Cameron, were extremely attentive throughout the whole process! Everything went by so quickly, but we wouldn't have changed a thing! I highly recommend... Read More this venue!

Great Place to get married and then party

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Kat K

My wedding was fantastic. Great food, atmosphere and people. I have nothing but praise for EFI!

Highly recommend :)

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Kat K

I went to a wedding at EFI almost 6 years ago and decided then it was my dream wedding location. I thought the price would be out of our reach but they offered 50% discount off the venue and ceremony rental on our date in July 2015 that our dream was able to become a reality.... Read More My big day went wonderful thanks to EFI! Chef Wrecker's food received rave reviews from all guests and was delicious...I wish could of ate more. Aly, catering manager, was so helpful and calm among the chaos and carried out my vision even better than I had imagined. Jaime, my bridal attendant, was great, always there when you needed her. If you can afford it, I highly recommend EFI :)

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Sarah K

I looked at many wedding venues and was about to be finished searching when my now husband told me that we should look at Elkridge Furnace Inn. When we got there it was already dark outside, however I knew that it would be the place I would get married at. The venue is... Read More absolutely beautiful and has a very romantic feel to it. We did both the ceremony and reception there. The ceremony point is outside and the cocktail hour was inside the Inn. We got ready inside the house and my husband loved the "secret" staircase that led right to the bar. The reception was inside a huge tent that had A/C and is attached to the Inn. Our guests were allowed to go outside of the tent to a huge field that also held the gardens were they grow some of the vegetables they use. All of our guests raved about the food served. I had a few people I was worried about (vegan, peanut allergy, etc) but all were able to eat their fill. I am glad that we had a tasting because the day of I wasn't able to eat a thing due to nerves. My bridal attendant was amazing. She was always offering me water and getting me some finger foods when I was able to eat. She also helped me with my dress and anything else I needed. The other staff members were amazing also. When I walked in, the bartender saw how hot I was and told me to stand over an air vent and it was the best thing that could have happened at that moment. The only downside to the process was that there was a lot of change in who we talked to about our wedding. At one point, I think I sent an email to four different people because I wasn't really sure who I should be sending information to. Our questions though were always answered and within the next day or two depending on when I had sent the email. Everything went very smoothly the day of the wedding. I'm so glad we got married at The Elkridge Furnace Inn.

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 adrienne r

When I was searching for venues, which pretty much started the day after I got engaged (maybe even the night of - little excited), I knew I wanted an outdoor wedding at a mansion/inn type place followed by a reception at the same venue. If you're a bride considering the... Read More Eldridge Furnace Inn, you are probably looking at the same places I did (and I dragged my poor fiancé to see all of them, there isn't a historic inn in the state of Maryland that he hasn't begrudgingly visited), and I cannot advise you enough - choose this one. This is a full service wedding venue, and that full service is 5 star quality. They make wedding planning easy and really fun (promise). When I was looking at venues, I wanted places where there were hotel choices and things to do around the area (both are families were out-of-state) - so if you're wondering about those same things - EFI's location is awesome. It's right outside Baltimore, so if the guests want to visit the Inner Harbor, most hotels have shuttles that take you to the light rail train stop that brings you right into the city. Since it's near BWI, I feel like the area has every hotel imaginable at various price points. Ours was literally five minutes from EFI. Enough with the logistics - there are plenty of reviews about the fine quality of the EFI staff, and they are all true (but let me throw a shout out to my bridal attendants Megan and Taylor, because you girls were rock stars) - I will add this, they love what they do and it shows in their work. I had a buffet style dinner, and throw whatever conception you have of buffet food out the window, because this was fine dining deliciousness buffet (order the fried mac and cheese hor dourves by the way, you won't be sorry). Christine and Tad are above all, skilled professionals. My husband (so weird to type!!) and I had an amazing time at our wedding, and that's the way it should be.

Over-rated

Reviewed on 4/05/2015 Ritu A

Given the cost, I think the EFI is over-rated and over-priced. They do two weddings a day and keep the restaurant open. Here are some pros and cons from my experience. Pros: -day of wedding coordinator provided -they help set up the venue -menu & bar can be customized... Read More -unique setting Cons: -must be a really stressful place to work because they went through many employees/coordinators during the time I booked the venue to the day of the wedding -food didn't turn out the same as the tasting -they screwed up our bar request -people told us different things that caused for some missunderstandings -expensive

Beautiful October Wedding

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Melissa T

Our wedding at the Elkridge Furnace Inn was exactly what we wanted! We fell in love with the grounds and the way the manor house looks. The outside ceremony area is so beautiful in October. We used very minor decorations for the ceremony and the pictures were great! The manor... Read More house is another area where it already looks nice "as is”, so we only used some flower\ferns on the tables, and some family pictures on the mantles. The reception tent requires a little more spice, so we made table runners and had our florist fill it out, along with some other decorative details. The lighting is nice in the tent and having heaters or AC takes the stress off of you, along with the option to open up the side walls of the tent if you get good weather. We couldn’t be happier with the location, food, and performance of the staff at EFI. We initially worked with Christene for the preliminary details of our wedding and then it was handed over to Steve. Christene is very friendly and made sure that we had access to all of our options. When Steve took over he made sure we were being realistic about our choices and gave us some insight into how to make the wedding turn out the way we imagined. Chef Wecker is a very colorful character and was willing to cook anything we wanted for our menu. We were very happy with the food and so were our guests. Steve and Matt made sure that the day of was smooth and flowing. It rained the night before, and the morning of our wedding, so we were a little stressed about the outdoor ceremony…However Steve was confident that the weather would clear up for the outdoor ceremony…It did clear up and we were so happy and excited! Either way they let you decide last minute if you want to do the ceremony in the tent..most places make you decide waaaaay before. We also love the idea that we can go back to EFI for Anniversary dates. We would recommend EFI to anyone who wants to have a fun and beautiful wedding! -Matt and Melissa