The Farmhouse

Wilmington, DE

Delaware's Hidden Gem

Conveniently located between Wilmington and Newark, The Farmhouse provides an intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. The historical estate boasts a beautiful outdoor ceremony site, four acres of manicured grounds and gardens, and gourmet food prepared onsite. An expansive wrap around deck overlooks an outdoor gazebo bar providing ample space for guests to enjoy their time both inside or out throughout the night. The Farmhouse offers an all inclusive package that allows for stress free planning! The price per person includes a premium open bar, fresh floral centerpieces, the wedding cake, two dressing rooms and hotel accommodations with complimentary shuttle service. Please read our full package for a detailed list of additional package inclusions!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

5600 Old Capital Trail, Wilmington, DE (302) 999-8477
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Jessica V

My husband and I got married at the Farmhouse on May 1, 2016. Katie and her staff were just amazing.....it was our perfect venue. Provided beautiful space for pictures with the intimacy of a family home location. The package includes so much it really is worth the investment. It... Read More was nice to have so much included and to not have to stress about a cake or linens. We got married inside due to torrential rain and it turned out absolutely beautiful. It felt so warm and intimate and our pictures came out great due to all of the wood backtones. All of our guests commented on how nice the venue looked, how kind the staff was and that the food was delicious. Katie was so helpful in making the day run smoothly. She really goes above and beyond! You won't be disappointed!!! So thankful to Katie and all the staff at the Farmhouse for making our day feel so special and memorable!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016

We absolutely loved The Farmhouse!!! It is the perfect location for a ceremony and reception, which was our decision. The grounds are not just beautiful, they are exceptional! The biggest draw for us to The Farmhouse was the inclusive packages they offer. For everything that you... Read More receive in the package the price is unbelievable and affordable! Our coordinator, part of the package, handled all of the details with great expertise on our day and leading up to our day. Laura was so down-to-earth and we really got along. She was matter of fact about what really wouldn't work and excited for our new ideas. The food was phenomenal!!!!! It is catered in-house and part of the package. There is so much more to gush about but the greatest compliment we received was that our guests loved The Farmhouse too! Everyone commented on how it is a hidden gem. We had a fantastic wedding because of this amazing venue!!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

My husband and I had a wonderful wedding and reception at The Farmhouse earlier this year. The organizers planned a seamless event, so we were able to have our ceremony outside and then immediately transition inside for the reception. Our 5-pc band and 100 guests fit perfectly... Read More in the main room. The organizers even took care of seating for guests not on the RSVP list - thanks, ladies! There was no drama, and everyone seemed to have fun. I loved having a one-stop venue so that we could efficiently plan our wedding and also minimize down time for guests during the event.

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Briana R

The Farmhouse met my husband's and my every need! We stumbled upon The Farmhouse and discovered that they included catering, a baker, and a florist, which took so much off of our plate. Katie, our coordinator, was very responsive and attentive the entire time we were planning... Read More and took amazing care of us the day of our wedding! The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and our guests raved about the food. I can't say enough positive things about the team at The Farmhouse. I truly wish I could relive our wedding day over and over again!

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Lina R

My husband and I are beyond happy with The Farmhouse and how they took care of us and our wedding. Katie was so easy to work with and very informative the whole way. All my guests had a blast and say it was the best wedding they have ever been to!

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Taylor J

Laura and her team went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect! With so many amenities included with the wedding package, it made stressful wedding planning SO much easier! I had numerous people tell me after our wedding that their meal was the best wedding food... Read More they’ve ever had!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Cheryl A

My husband and I held our wedding reception at The Farmhouse in October 2017. Everything went perfectly! Katie was amazing throughout the process and always responsive to our questions. She went above and beyond making sure that everything went smoothly and that I was taken... Read More care of throughout the entire event. The inclusive package was a great deal that removed a lot of stress from the planning process. The space was so beautiful, and our guests all absolutely raved about the food!! We chose to hold the ceremony at a church because we didn’t want to risk settling for the indoor rain option. The weather was wonderful anyway and many of our guests hung out in the beautiful deck area. We are so thankful to The Farmhouse for making our reception wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Annika H

Katie and her team were fantastic from the first email to the big day. The place is beautiful, the food is fantastic and the wedding package includes almost everything at an affordable price! Our guests have raved about the food, ambiance and how much fun they had. The whole... Read More day was so smooth thanks to Katie's expertise and her flexibility with last minute changes. I wish I could do it all again. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Kathy M

The Farmhouse made our wedding perfect! They were good with communication and allowing us to customize everything we wanted. The catering was delicious, and the value overall was great. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jessica S

The Farmhouse was the perfect venue for our wedding. It had a rustic feel that I had wanted and it was a great size for our 80 guests. Our coordinator, Katie, helped to make the experience as smooth and seamless as possible. The Farmhouse provides the perfect balance of... Read More affordability and convenience. The food was amazing and the service was top notch. I would highly recommend looking into it for your special day!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Amber K

My husband and I got married at the Farmhouse in August, 2017. We traveled three hours from home to get married at this venue because it was so perfect! The location is so beautiful, from the willow trees to the gardens, it is impossible to take a bad picture. Katie, our... Read More coordinator, was amazing! It rained in the middle of our ceremony, and everyone had to move inside. The staff was prepared for this, had the indoor location set up and ready, and moved all of our ceremony decor inside in about 5 minutes! Our guests all loved The Farmhouse and raved about the food.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Nichole C

Planning a wedding in my hometown of Delaware from California (and marrying a British Australian who was living in Sydney through the planning phase) could have been the most stressful experience ever. It was very important to find a venue we loved but also would make things... Read More really easy especially since we had to pick the venue SIGHT UNSEEN! Katie and The Farmhouse were just FANTASTIC! She was able to fulfill every request we had and helped come up with ideas and options for what we could do to make our wedding personalized and reflect us. The Farmhouse has all-inclusive packages which just makes wedding planning simple and easy. Belak Flowers and Desserts by Dana were spectacular and made our flowers, cake and dessert bar shine. Katie was super helpful and patient throughout the planning and kept up with my very OCD detailed asks. She was always available, very responsive and incredibly detailed oriented - which gives you such confidence in the venue and the people there - especially since I asked a ton of questions (especially on how certain décor pieces would work and all our small touches). On the Wedding Day, the venue was breathtaking. If you ever need to pick a venue blindly…you can feel comfortable that The Farmhouse is the perfect place. Beautiful outdoor space for our ceremony, outdoor deck space, and lots of rooms throughout the house itself. And again, Katie was amazing, making sure everything we executed to perfection. She was also fantastic checking in on us and making sure we had food and drinks. You'll love getting married here and appreciate the lack of stress that you feel and the confidence that you will have in the people and venue. We cannot thank The Farmhouse, Katie and everyone enough!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Shana R

We held our April 21, 2017 wedding at the Farmhouse and we could not have been more pleased!!!!!! It was PERFECT! Not only is it beautiful and comfortable, but also the service we received was exceptional! We worked with Laura, who was INCREDIBLE! Whether you are a couple who... Read More knows exactly what you want or one who will know what they want when they see it, your wedding is in EXCELLENT hands. Laura was very helpful with providing choices and really listening to what was important to us. She also gave us invaluable guidance about our choices. I always felt she welcomed my emails and calls; I never felt like a bother and she always devoted her full attention to my needs. I didn't have to worry about a thing, as I knew Laura was thinking of EVERYTHING. I also greatly appreciated Laura being the "enforcer" the day of the wedding. I was able to completely enjoy myself, as she handled all guest questions and concerns. Best of all, she did so with kindness and professionalism, so ALL our guests RAVED about the setting and service!! We can never thank Laura and her staff enough for all they did for us!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Vivian V

My husband and I researched for lots of places however when we first walked in The Farmhouse we knew we wanted to get married there. Katie is an AMAZING PLANNER and she takes care of everything. Our wedding was perfect, wouldn't change anything! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Amanda T

Loved the Farmhouse! Katie was amazing & made our wedding absolutely perfect! I highly recommend the Farmhouse!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Haley P

Working with The Farmhouse made planning our reception very simple! The woman working with us communicated clearly and promptly and made sure the preparations were in place so that we and our guests were able to relax and celebrate on the day of the event. Our guests enjoyed the... Read More space, and we received many compliments about the venue. The only drawback was that we had no choice but to use the flower vendor with whom they are contracted (for centerpieces only). They are, though, very dedicated to making sure your event is everything you envision. All in all, we were extremely pleased with our experience there!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Ashley N

We loved the venue! We like that it includes almost everything and the pricing is reasonable!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Alison A

Wonderful place.. food was amazing.. and Kate is just the best!!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Brittany V

My husband and I were both so happy with our wedding and our overall experience with the Farmhouse! We worked with Katie throughout the entire process and she did an amazing job! She helped us every step of the way and was very quick to answer any questions that we had! The... Read More staff did an incredible job with our wedding and made everything flow together effortlessly, and the food was absolutely amazing! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how great and beautiful everything was! I highly recommend this venue for any bride who wants to have a beautiful and effortless wedding!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Stephanie C

We loved The Farmhouse! My husband and I had very limited time together to wedding plan and the amazing staff at The Farmhouse made it SO EASY! Not only do they have a package to fit any couple, it comes with delicious food, drinks, a beautiful venue, and again; amazing staff.... Read More We have zero complaints and have and will continue to recommend The Farmhouse to friends and family (:

Reviewed on 1/02/2017

Our wedding day at the Farmhouse was spectacular.  It was a beautiful day and Laura made it all happen.  We've received so many wonderful comments from family and friends about the Farmhouse and how great everything was.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Amber R

My husband and I got married on 9/30/2016 and it was amazing. The staff is wonderful, food wonderful, service impeccable and I felt like I didn't have much to do at all. We had an indoor wedding, which was very last minute due to inclement weather, and it went so smooth you... Read More would have never known that it was suppose to be outside. 1000 stars to an awesome venue!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Amy B

My husband Zach and I got married at the Farmhouse on November 6, 2016 and we couldn't have had a more perfect day! Right from the start we were impressed with this venue. The packages they offer are amazing, affordable, and include a lot for your money! We worked with Katie in... Read More planning our wedding and she was absolutely outstanding. She was so attentive to every detail and made sure the day ran smoothly. The food and atmosphere were also incredible and we got many comments from our guests about how impressed they were. We definitely recommend The Farmhouse to anyone looking for a perfect place to have their wedding or any other special occasion!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kristie W

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony/reception at the Farmhouse on 5/28/2016. The venue and grounds are absolutely stunning and the management team is a breeze to work with! Katie was our wedding coordinator and was an amazing resource throughout the entire process and day... Read More of the event. My father in law still talks about how efficient and helpful she was whenever someone brings up our wedding day. Due to the availability of dates, we ended up having our wedding just 3 months after our engagement, and with The Farmhouse's help it looked like we had been planning for well over a year! I've never been the type to dream about my wedding day and the packages that The Farmhouse offers allowed us not to get stressed over the details but still personalize our special day for our tastes. The landscaping of the grounds is breath-taking and all the greenery was the perfect background for our ceremony. The bridal "getting ready" suite is a bit on the smaller size, but we didn't do onsite hair/makeup so that wasn't a big deal for us. I can't imagine another venue making the process any easier without sacrificing quality (the coffee station + dessert trays were great touches). Even our DJ loved the forethought of the in-house sound system that The Farmhouse had in place. I will say that the reception space is better for smaller groups (our wedding was ~115). Any more and we would have had to seat additional people in a separate room which would have been uncomfortable/could potentially cause friction in my opinion. The food was also very good. I'm used to wedding food not being of the best quality, just because of the mass production of the meals, but our meals were perfectly cooked and full of flavor. The Farmhouse was the perfect fit for me and my husband, and I can't imagine anyone regretting their decision to go with them.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jennifer W

If I could give The Farmhouse 100 starts it wouldn't be enough. Laura and her staff are absolutely amazing! The Farmhouse is quaint, inviting and beautiful. We had our wedding in September 2016 and it was a beautiful Saturday. The grounds are so well maintained, the patios... Read More are beautiful and the reception area is perfect! Laura even had to do damage control when my now husband spilled a beer on his jacket before the ceremony...just like every other detail, she handled it effortlessly. My guests are still talking about how good the food was and how much they loved the venue. I knew what kind of wedding I wanted when I walked in the door and Laura, along with her team, made my fairy tale wedding come true.