The Flanders Hotel, Banquet, And Conference Center

Ocean City, NJ

Capacity: More than 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Your Seaside Celebration Destination

The Flanders Hotel, located on the Ocean City Boardwalk, is one of New Jersey's most historic and elegant Wedding Reception Venues. The ornate sophistication of our ballrooms are reminiscent of the grandeur of the early 1900's with all of the modern amenities of today.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Bow2008

719 East 11th Street, Ocean City, NJ

Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Carey G

My husband and I were married at the Flanders Hotel on Saturday, September 20th. From planning to execution, Karen and her staff were amazing. We looked at several venues and the Flanders definitely provided the most value. We appreciated that the price was mostly inclusive - meaning that we didn't have to add on extras to make it nice. We were married on the beach in front of the hotel - it was unbelievably gorgeous and the Flanders took care of all of the set-up, etc. I will never forget waiting on the boardwalk to process onto the beach while the entire boardwalk cheered. The cocktail hour was beautiful. Candles everywhere and the food was amazing. There are numerous choices for appetizers and stations and it's all included! Our guests raved about it. The reception was so fun - the room was set beautifully. I didn't eat much (too excited), but my husband and our guests loved everything. Again, there were so many choices and choosing the filet as an offering wasn't an upcharge. Karen runs a right ship. I only remember seeing her or any staff a few times that night, but, NOT a SINGLE thing went wrong. Now I can see in a couple of our action photos that she is in the background making sure everything was running smoothly. I truly never worried about a thing, I wasn't asked a million questions and nothing got missed. That's not an easy task at an event with 160 people. We did add on the boardwalk package for the end of the night. It wasn't expensive and it was very memorable for the guests as that was the thing that was most commented on. There was funnel cake and fudge and Manco and Manco pizza and other candy while we were dancing the night away. I highly recommend it if you can do it. Because ocean city is a dry town, you have to contract for your own alcohol (the Flanders has recommended vendors). I was concerned we would run out of something or that it would be a pain. It was not. Not only did we save a ton by doing this, we were also able to offer top shelf liquor. They provided extra but we were only charged for what was consumed. And it was all taken care of by the vendor and the Flanders. All we had to do is provide a credit card. It was a second wedding for both my husband and I, so I speak from experience when I tell you not to look any further for a wedding/reception venue. This is THE place. It was one of the most special days of my life and I will never forget it. I'm so grateful to the staff of The Flanders for making it so perfect.

Beyond our expectations !

Reviewed on 1/03/2015

My husband and I hosted a wedding celebration for our son and his wife on December 27,2014. Karen Bergman, Chef Blake and all of the Flanders staff did and amazing job ! The planning for the wedding was a bit complicated, and they were exceptionally accomodating and supportive throughout the process. The event was flawless from start to finish ! The food was to die for, the venue beautiful and the evening was perfect from start to finish. In case anyone is wondering " do you have to have a dry wedding in a dry town ?", the answer is a resounding NO ! The Flanders I'd happy to provide you with a list of vendors who can provide whatever beverages you and your guests would like, and it's reasonable from a cost point of view to do it this way. They also provide suggestions for Florists, bands and Djs, sources for wedding cakes and many more. You can do it your way and know that The Flanders will do an amazing job. The rooms at The Flanders are lovely as well.

Beautiful venue and AMAZING service!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Elizabeth P

I cannot speak highly enough about The Flanders! Karen, her staff, and Blake the chef were all incredible to work with. They make you feel like you are their number one priority and do everything they can to accommodate you and all of your requests. Karen has wedding planning down to a science and makes the entire process of planning a wedding reception so easy. I was completely stress free the day of my event because I knew that everything was in great hands - she and her staff took care of coordinating everything, including talking to the photographer and band. And I'm still getting compliments weeks later about how amazing the food was, how beautiful the venue is, and how incredibly nice the entire staff at the Flanders are!

Stay in one of their first floor suites called Lanai

Reviewed on 2/04/2015

I attended a wedding at the Flanders Hotel for an old college friend. The venue was lovely for a wedding. The food was very good and the hotel was typical of a big old hotel from years past at the Jersey Shore. We stumbled upon a suite on the first floor that turned out to be so much nicer (and more modern) than the one bedrooms the hotel offers the wedding party. It was a one-bedroom. There are two and three bedroom suites in this part of the hotel too. We found it on VRBO. It was a one-bedroom, I think it was #104. It was nicer than any of the other rooms that the guests stayed in. Newly decorated with a beautiful kitchen. It looks out over the pool deck and is located off the beaten path so remains quiet. We were a little nervous going outside of what the hotel offered but were so glad we did. Be sure to check it out!

The best place for wedding!

Reviewed on 1/06/2015

This place is such a gorgeous venue by the board walk in Ocean City. The service, food, decoration and location were fantastic. I highly recommend the Flanders hotel for anyone. The hotel room upstairs was fabulous as well.

The Flanders is an Exquisite Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Julie A

From the day we first looked at the Flanders for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding we knew it would be the best venue for their wedding. Karen Bergman is professional, sensible, caring and experienced. You will not find a better wedding coordinator. She handled every detail with perfect results. We had many details to work out with the Gatsby theme but she pulled it all off with the help of Joan Edmunds, her assistant. We highly recommend the Flanders hotel as a wedding venue if you are looking for quality and professionalism as well as a friendly and courteous staff. There was no detail missed. Jim and Julie Amadio

Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 12/08/2014

Yes, Fairytale wedding because that is what many of the guests that attended labeled it. It was an amazing experience from the first day of planning until the day we left. The venue is exquisite, the food outrageously delicious and the staff OUTSTANDING. We felt as though we were in a fairytale from the day we got there until we departed. All the guests were treated like royalty and raved over the service. THANK YOU FLANDERS for making a dream a reality!

11/01/2014 wedding

Reviewed on 11/12/2014

We got married on Saturday, 11/1/14 and it was the most amazing day of our lives thanks to the wonderful staff and venue in OC, NJ. Karen Bergman has helped us through the whole process, and went above and beyond to make it everything we have dreamed of. During all the months leading up to the big day, she was easy to get in touch with, and gave us many suggestions to help make the planning easier. Every guest I have spoken to since agrees that our wedding was one of the best they have been to, and we couldn't agree more. Everything from the food, dance floor, cocktail hour, décor, etc. has exceeded our expectations. I wish we could do it all over again, and again!

Excellent

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Jenn L

From start to finish The Flanders had everything covered. The staff was amazing and paid close attention to detail. The event coordinators made sure the evening went flawlessly. The food was amazing, every guest at our wedding reception raved about it! I would highly recommend The Flanders to anyone!

Flanders Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

My daughter and son-in-law had their wedding reception at the Flanders Hotel in Ocean City, NJ. We could not have been more pleased! The venue itself is beautiful! The Banquet Manager, Karen Bergman, was so easy to work with and nice. She made all my daughter's dreams for her wedding reception come true. The food was amazing! Our guests are still talking about how delicious everything was! The Chef did a wonderful job! I can not say enough about how wonderful the staff was as well, kind, helpful, polite, and professional! Everything was perfect!

The Flanders Hotel

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

The Flanders Hotel is the perfect spot for a wedding reception. Our daughter's wedding was on the beach in front of the Flanders Hotel. The guest seating was provided on the beach as was the wedding canopy. Karen Bergman, Director of Catering orchestrated everything perfectly. We were blessed with wonderful weather for the 6:00 pm ceremony but it would have been delightful without the blue skies and light breeze. Cocktails were offered in the 2nd floor lobby, followed by an elegant dinner for 150+ guests. I have received so much positive feedback on the wedding and how the staff at the Flanders was pleasant and helpful to all of our guests. Our grateful thanks to Karen and her staff for all the pleasant memories.

Review

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Julia M

Karen and the amazing team at The Flanders Hotel went above and beyond to make our day everything we wanted! Karen was so kind and professional, quick to respond to all questions, and took care of everything for us. The day of our wedding I was able to let go and trust Karen and her staff and I could not have imagined a more perfect day! It was truly a perfect day thanks to Karen and all the staff at The Flanders Hotel.

The Perfect Venue=The Most Perfect Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Nicole F

The Flanders Hotel is the most historic site in all of Ocean City in our opinions. It is majestic and wows every visitor. From the start my fiancé (now my husband) and I knew that this was were we wanted to host our wedding reception. From our very first meeting and tour with Karen Bergman, we were awed by the grandeur of the hotel as well as the kindness of the entire staff. Karen Bergman and her staff always ensured us that we were their top priority as the planning progressed. We were walked through the process from soup to nuts. We were planning a beach ceremony and though we were not using The Flanders Hotel for their ceremony package, Karen and the staff still supported us and advised us for the best outcome. On our Wedding Day, we were blown away by the beauty of the ballrooms that we utilized. Words cannot express how perfectly designed they were. Our guests were amazed at the magnificence of the hotel. We have received so many compliments on our wedding day, and it all stems from their experience at the reception. We held a Sunday brunch reception and it was amazing. The chef designed a perfect menu for our celebration. Our families ate like kings and queens. Every person that my husband and I have spoken with have raved about the delicious food. The hors d'oeuvres were so scrumptious. We had the lamb chop lollipops that people were devouring throughout the morning. We also had stations of food and other butlered hors d'oeuvres during our cocktail hour and every bite was better than the last. When it was time to be introduced, Karen was right there by our sides coordinating every step. She kept everything on schedule. She was professional, yet firm with our timeline so that we were able to enjoy our celebration to the fullest. When it was time for us to go through our buffet, she kindly informed our guests that it was now meal time and made sure everyone got what they wanted. The service staff were so adequate at their jobs. There is a difference between a server and a professional service staff and The Flanders Hotel Service professionals shine. They were fast and efficient and with a smile on their faces the entire time. Because of our decision to have our wedding at The Flanders Hotel, unlike many of our friends, we were able to enjoy our reception. We knew that we were in great hands and that every detail was being handled behind the scenes. My husband and I were able to socialize and be guests at our wedding. Not too many brides and grooms can say that. We would highly recommend hosting your event or wedding at The Flanders Hotel. From the beauty of the rooms, to the delectable food and amazing staff, this establishment will put any other venue to shame.

Better than my imagination

Reviewed on 9/29/2014

The moment we walked into The Flanders, we knew it was the place where we wanted to have our wedding. Not only did they NOT let us down, but it was better than anything I could have ever imagined. The food was amazing, the staff was attentive and caring, and the Garden Room was beautiful and perfect for our party of 75 people. There is not one thing I would have changed. Thank you for memories that will last me a lifetime.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Alyssa h

Had the absolute perfect night!!! Karen is the greatest!! I work in the wedding business and I was blown away by the night! I couldn't have asked for anything more. Service was outstanding! Thank you a trillion times over again to Karen and her staff!

Greatest Venue!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Lois J

The Flanders is an A++++ site for a wedding reception! They delivered!! It was beautiful as well as everyone raving about the food, service and everything else associated with the venue. This was the "BEST" food ever served at a wedding! Karen and Becky were with us throughout the whole process from booking the wedding until we said "good night" after the wedding.

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 karen w

My son and daughter in law were recently married at the Flanders. From the beautiful and personal beach ceremony to the fabulous reception the day was truly perfect. Karen Bergman, the event coordinator, facilitated a seamless day from organizing everything from the touching ceremony to a candy bar. The food was exceptional and the service professional and unobtrusive. There was even a pizza bar at the end of the night. What a hit! Our reception ended around 9pm and the whole bridal party ended up on the boardwalk for fireworks. The perfect end to a perfect day! Thanks for giving us such wonderful memories! Would highly recommend for a casual wedding as well as a formal affair. There are beautiful accomadations there also. .

Ocean City Gem

Reviewed on 8/21/2014 Emily

The moment we walked into The Flanders, we were in LOVE with the antique and vintage decor and the feel of every room we saw! We had our ceremony on the beach outside the hotel and the level of coordination, planning and execution was impressive. Karen can be a little abrasive, forgetful/unorganized, and go back on her word at times especially if they are doing two weddings in the same night/weekend. But overall she is ok to work with. However, the food at the Flanders is DELICIOUS. Guests are still commenting on how impressed they were with the food, many saying it was the best wedding food they have ever had! We chose to do the taste of the boardwalk dessert- Johnson's popcorn, funnel cake, taffy, Manco and Manco pizza- which was a HUGE hit!! In addition, the service is outstanding. My husband and I were treated like royalty all night! I have a gluten and pepper (spice) allergy, they went out of their way to accommodate me which meant a lot. While the reception seems like a blur, the white-gloved service was exceptional and our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I would recommend The Flanders to anyone and everyone that asked.

Best experience, PERFECT wedding!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Samantha N

The Flanders hotel was the perfect venue for my wedding, and our guests can not stop raving about it!! From the second I entered the hotel I knew that it was where I wanted my wedding to be. The space is gorgeous and elegant. We did not have a beach ceremony and instead used the Garden Room for our ceremony. We did take advantage of the amazing location on the boardwalk for our pictures, but once inside, the Flanders provided an elegant, romantic setting for our special day. The ballrooms comfortably held our 240 guests, with plenty of room to dance (which we did all night!) Karen, the wedding coordinator, is so organized, detail-oriented, professional, helpful and wonderful! She made everything so easy from start to finish, and it was because of her that the entire wedding ran so smoothly. The food at the Flanders is DELICIOUS. Guests are still commenting on how impressed they were with the food, many saying it was the best wedding food they have ever had! We chose to do the taste of the boardwalk dessert- Johnson's popcorn, funnel cake, taffy, Manco and Manco pizza- which was a HUGE hit!! In addition, the service is outstanding. My husband and I were treated like royalty all night! The Flanders is absolutely the best choice for a wedding. It was PERFECT in every sense, and I HIGHLY recommend it!!!!

wedding at the flanders

Reviewed on 6/21/2014 Sarah B

The Flanders hotel made our wedding weekend spectacular. From their hospitality to Karen and staff putting everything in motion. We had an amazing day and we are happy that you let us start our lives in such a spectacular way.

Absolutely PERFECT

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Kristen W

I just had my wedding here in May and I can honestly say everything was absolutely perfect. My family and friends still keep saying how much fun they had and how perfect the night was. The location is convenient for guests to either stay in the Flanders or the many hotels in walking distance. The weather was beautiful and we took pictures on the boardwalk before the ceremony. Karen is absolutely amazing and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Dream come true

Reviewed on 4/30/2014 Jennifer C

I can not thank Karen Bergman and her staff enough for the best day/night of our life! Karen is the reason we chose this location for our beach ceremony! Not to take away from the most beautiful venue but really Karen is the best! Not all went smooth during the entire wedding planning process but it was quickly resolved by Karen and her team! The food... Amazing! Thanks chef! The venture beautiful! The service....top notch! Hotel suites were fantastic!

Flanders- perfect for us and out guests!

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Shannon M

My husband and I got married at the Flander's Hotel in August 2013. We had our ceremony on the beach directly in front of the hotel and the cocktail hour and reception immediately following in the hotel. As crazy and as nervous as I was, Karen and Anne made everything less stressful. They made sure everyone was where they needed to be at every minute and that the entire day (not just night!) went smoothly. Guests are still talking about how great the food was, how beautiful the cocktail hour was, how stunning the ballroom was and how much fun they had in the gorgeous setting! Flanders truly gave us the magical feeling on our wedding day!!! 8/913 💕💓

The Wedding Of My Dreams

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Kate T

My husband and I were married at the Flanders Hotel on 9/21/13. From the moment we checked in on Thursday, we were treated like royalty. Our rehearsal dinner was held in the Garden Room on 9/20 and it was spectacular. With station style food, an amazing event space, and attentive wait staff...it was the perfect evening. On our wedding day, everything was exactly how we pictured it...and then MORE!Enough cannot be said for the hard work that Karen and Ann put into making our wedding perfect, down to the smallest detail. Our beach ceremony was gorgeous and the reception space was spectacular. It truly was the wedding of our dreams. The food was delicious! Chef Mike met with us during our tasting and customized our menu, including special touches that incorporated our favorite foods. The entire wedding planning process was easier from start to finish...and especially on our big day, knowing that Karen and Ann were there to support us and give us exactly the wedding that we wanted. I cannot thank the entire staff at the Flanders Hotel enough for giving us the most amazing wedding weekend. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride looking for to host an elegant, fun, and memorable wedding.

Ocean City Wedding

Reviewed on 9/26/2013

My daughter's wedding was a dream. The Flanders provided a top notch venue for both the service and the reception. The food was delicious, the service was top notch. My guests loved the white gloves! I received so many compliments that it was the best wedding they had ever attended. We tried to keep it very "Ocean City", using all local vendors. The day goes so fast; wish we could do it all over again.

Send Email