The Flanders Hotel, Banquet, And Conference Center

Ocean City, NJ

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The Flanders Hotel, Banquet, And Conference Center

A BALLROOM IN OCEAN CITY, NJ

The Flanders Hotel is located in Ocean City, New Jersey. It is within walking distance of the beach, as well as the Ocean City boardwalk, which features many popular restaurants and beach-side shopping opportunities. The venue itself features modern architecture with classical European touches and it is lushly appointed. There are numerous event spaces available for wedding ceremonies and receptions. This venue is prepared to accommodate large or small wedding parties.

The Crystal Ballroom is the main special event space at this venue. It can accommodate up to 300 guests for a standing reception or 200 guests for a seated reception. The room gets its name from the impressive crystal chandelier that hangs from the ceiling and casts a warm twinkling light around the room. Custom-colored LED lights on the walls make it possible to change the overall hue of the space with the flick of a switch.

The Promenade is the largest event space at this venue. It is commonly used for hosting a pre-ceremony cocktail hour, but it can also be used as a reception space. It features an open floor plan and has enough space for up to 350 guests. The Promenade features a spiral staircase that makes an excellent backdrop for wedding photos. It also has large windows that look out onto the boardwalk.

The Boardroom is a smaller event space that is ideal for groups of 100 or less. It has dark hardwood panels on the walls and ceiling that give the space a warm, inviting ambience. It also has wood beamed ceilings and wrought iron chandeliers.

The Flanders Hotel has an on-site catering team that provides food and drink services for weddings. Couples can choose to just serve appetizers and drinks or serve a buffet-style meal with multiple stations. There are vegan and gluten-free options available. The catering team at this venue can create custom wedding cakes, but those who prefer to get their cake from an outside vendor are permitted to do so.

All tables and chairs are provided by the venue and couples can choose whether they want to have rectangular or round tables. Extra tables for a cake-cutting station and guest check-in station are also provided. This venue offers white table linens and those who want custom-colored linens can order them through the venue for an added fee or bring them in from an outside vendor.

Wedding parties are permitted to bring in their own decorations, but all decorations must be approved by venue management before they are used. Rice, birdseed, confetti and glitter are not allowed on the premises.

The Flanders Hotel is an elegant and versatile place to host a wedding. It offers a variety of fun and useful extra perks that can enhance the wedding experience.

• Heated outdoor pool
  • 24-hour business center
  • 24-hour fitness center
  • Salon and spa on site
  • Portable stage provided
  • Built-in surround sound systems

Your Seaside Celebration Destination

Join Us for our Fall 2017 Bridal Show! Sunday, October 22nd, 2017 Noon- 4 pm The Flanders Hotel, located on the Ocean City Boardwalk, is one of New Jersey's most historic and elegant Wedding Reception Venues. The ornate sophistication of our ballrooms are reminiscent of the grandeur of the early 1900's with all of the modern amenities of today.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2008 09
Bow2008

719 East 11th Street, Ocean City, NJ (609) 399-1000
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 1/23/2017 candace w

We just had the wedding of our DREAMS at The Flander's this past Saturday night (New Years Eve). Everything was BEYOND perfection. Karen and her assistant Jennifer were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were beyond professional and so organized to make sure our special... Read More day ran as smooth as possible. Karen's staff did a beautiful job setting up everything to perfection. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was impeccable. Karen we seriously can't thank you enough. You're amazing at what you do!! If anyone is planning a wedding in the near future I would 100 percent recommend The Flanders. Believe me you won't be disappointed!!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

I think the best decision we made in our wedding planning was picking the Flanders for our ceremony, reception and rehearsal dinner. Karen was an absolute pleasure to work with. She obviously loves her job (and is great at it) and her enthusiasm was fantastic. She came up with... Read More some great ideas for our wedding (from food to decor) and was fantastic at letting us personalize a lot of the details to our own tastes. From the fish and chips station and pimms' cup at our cocktail hour to the late night boardwalk snack with manco and manco pizza, Karen made sure that our wedding reflected our personalities and tastes. She is incredibly, responsive, detail-oriented, professional and, above all, fun and and a pleasure to work with. The venue itself is gorgeous and perfect for hosting your whole weekend - from the rehearsal dinner in the garden room to a ceremony on the beach and dinner and dancing in the two ballrooms, the Flanders is a great venue. It also includes a ton of things other venues charge extra for - a massive assortment of linens in tons of colors, beautiful chairs that don't require chair covers, a ton of decor that you can use free of charge and the use of a great wedding coordinator. Also a huge plus that you can bring your own alcohol - a massive cost savings!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

Just got married here this weekend. Everything was what we could have ever imagined and more! Karen and Jen were so helpful with the planning process they were there whenever I had a question. My phone hasn't stopped ringing from people telling me how AMAZING the food was and... Read More how beautiful the venue was! I wish I could relive that night on repeat for the rest of my life!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 andrea mccartney m

Wish I could give a well deserved 10 star rating. Food exceeded the Flanders reputation. Karen Bergman, Director of Catering along with her staff and Jen Ottaviano are friendly, professional and efficient. Thank you for making our daughter’s wedding so perfect and 200+ guest... Read More agree. Thank you Flanders the coolest hotel in New Jersey. ThanFlanderscooled

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Caitlin K

Oh boy, I don't think I can accurately put into words how amazing it was to get married at The Flanders earlier this month. We worked with Karen and Jenn for about a year prior to the wedding, and there was not a single moment that made us wonder if we'd made the right choice.... Read More Even from another state, planning a wedding at The Flanders was easy and about as stress-free as it gets, and my husband and I spent most of our wedding day and night just in awe of the little touches that Karen and Jenn provided to make our day extra special. Our guests are still raving about the food (it was incredible AND unique...we went with a boardwalk theme and our dessert included Rita's!) and how professional and detail-oriented everyone at The Flanders was the entire time. It's clear that this is what they DO, and I can't imagine our day having been any better. We just want to do it over and over again. Budget was important to us too, and to have such a beautiful ceremony on the beach with an equally gorgeous reception in a top-notch hotel seemed so out of reach, but not with The Flanders. An incredible value, incredible people, and truly the best day ever. We'll forever be grateful.

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Tamara B

I have no words to describe how incredible our wedding was...The Flanders Hotel was extremely accommodating on the best of our lives, making sure that every detail was in place, that every vendor knew where they were supposed to go, what to do, etc. The food at the Flanders is... Read More absolutely superb and tasted just as amazing as our tasting did. We got married in the back ballroom and created a completely new set up which they were so cool with, and then had the reception in the crystal ballroom. This place is spacious, the guests had plenty of room to walk around and hang out, the staff are warm, friendly and on point, and Jen and Karen are absolutely wonderful to work with. I had no doubts that this would be a perfect fit and it truly was. You cannot beat an amazing venue, with amazing food, staff, and coordinators. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, we love you guys! Tami and Ryan

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Linda G

I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful our wedding was and the fabulous job the Flanders Hotel did for us. Karen an Jen are amazing!! From the food, to the decor, to the service, not one missed detail. This was a second marriage and at our age , we've been to a lot of... Read More weddings,and I'm telling you this by far was the most organized. Everything was over the top OUTSTANDING! If you want a wedding where you have nothing to worry about except yourself, this is by far the place to have it. Thanks again for helping us enjoy the best day of our life. Linda and Brian

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Andrea C

I really wanted a wedding venue with character and elegance, and the Flanders hotel provided just that! My June wedding was beyond perfect!! with a guest list of 165 I was a little worried that the venue would feel too big and empty, but it was so perfect. Our ceremony held in... Read More the candlelight room was SO ROMANTIC! It flowed so nicely right into cocktail hour and dinner. Karen and Jennifer were so accommodating and we truly felt taken care of. My vendors were all well coordinated! My husband and I received so many compliments on the beauty of the hotel, the flow of the entire day, and THE FOOD!! We had such an incredible night. My bridesmaids and I stayed in the Southview penthouse the night before the wedding, which was so beautiful. Thanks for a night we will never forget, Karen and Jennifer!!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Sarah S

Amazing! I highly recommend Karen and her team at the Flanders for any special event! We had our wedding reception a the Flanders and I was blown away. Karen and Jennifer were there to help us every step of the way! Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Rhiannon B

Ladies and gentlemen, look no further for your wedding venue! The Flanders Hotel is NOT "cookie-cutter" in any way, shape or form. The hotel itself is a vision, both timeless yet contemporary. From your first tour all the way through your event and beyond, Karen, Jennifer, and... Read More the entire amazing staff of The Flanders treat you with the utmost care and professionalism. Every call/e-mail was always quickly responded to, and no question was too great or too small. Karen and Jennifer treated us like family, and on the day of our wedding I can honestly say I did not worry about a single thing! They accommodated each and every request happily and with ease, whether it involved delivering glow-sticks to our DJ or bringing in every appetizer for the bridal party to try after our guests had finished cocktail hour. I so loved my experience at The Flanders, and I am already thinking about the next event I can hold there! Brides and grooms, you WILL NOT be disappointed. Our guests continue to rave about the beauty of the venue, the deliciousness of the food, and the professionalism of the staff. I would not change a single thing about our wedding day, and I owe so many of my amazing memories of the day to the staff of The Flanders Hotel!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Laura D

Karen and Jennifer at The Flanders were fabulous to work with coordinating our wedding! They never made us feel like we were an inconvenience, and offered helpful tips every step of the way (for example, we should have listened to them when we told them who our florist was, and... Read More trusted their opinion). We had both our reception and our ceremony at the Flanders (ceremony was on the beach), and everything was absolutely beautiful. Also, the food got rave reviews from all of our wedding guests - Mmm! We are planning to go back there for our 1st year anniversary to have the food again! You really can't go wrong booking at The Flanders. We had so much fun and enjoyed our experience there so much, we would have a second wedding just to have it there again!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Dave D

My wife and i had the most amazing wedding at the flanders, karen and her staff were beyond unbelievable. They went above and beyond when it came to our wedding, and i must say every singke thing that she suggested was correct. I dont really know what to say because she kind... Read More of left us speachless. My wife and i agree, that this was the most amazing night of our lives, and there is absolutely no way our night could have been any better. We cant thank karen and her staff enough. If youre looking at wedding venues...this is the place, not only os the staff amazing, the venue itself is beyond elegant

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Samantha B

We had a GREAT experience having our wedding at the Flanders. The staff was great to deal with, the service night of was wonderful, and the food was excellent. We had tons of emails after the wedding from guests raving about how great the food was.... 'not great just for a... Read More wedding- but truly great food!' Blake is a fabulous chef and if you have something you are dying to have at your wedding food wise... he'll make it happen. In terms of value, you can't beat a venue where you can BYO your alcohol, and if anything starts to run low they'll run more over. We had our ceremony on the beach and the set up looked great. We opted out of extra chairs since our ceremony was less than 10 minutes long and I'm glad we didn't waste the extra money for those few minutes. We had them bring out all the boardwalk food around 10pm all around the dance floor so people could grab food and eat it while they kept on dancing which people loved. If you need help in the planning/decorations Karen and her staff have great ideas and items for you to use. I, on the other hand, had my own ideas, and strong opinions on what I wanted, so it did take a few conversations/requests to get them to deviate from what they typically do and execute what I wanted. It was so helpful to have Karen as not only the main contact at the venue, but she also acts as day-of coordinator which takes away lots of stress and even ran our beach ceremony rehearsal the night before- she wears a ton of hats and does it well! We had some guests who had a little too much fun at the wedding and Karen had everything so much under control that we didn't even find out about going 'amiss' until the next day- she's a true pro! At first I was hesitant with the venue because we wanted one big room so that people who were sitting and dancing were all in the same space, as well as the bar. I talked to a few acquaintances who had weddings there who said they had the same initial hesitation but that it played out like one big room and people weren't separated which changed my mind. The set up with all the doors opening the spaces to each other, as well as the lounge they set up in the back of the huge ballroom made it feel like one room.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kate G

I honestly do not know where to begin as I think about how amazing of a venue the historic Flanders is. My family and I have always had a love of Ocean City. Travelling there every summer, I never imagined I would be one of the brides I saw on the beach. From the beginning Karen... Read More Bergman has been so welcoming, kind, professional, and trustworthy. We were able to choose a custom package within our budget. We were married on the beach, and our reception was in the gorgeous and bright Garden Room. For a daytime wedding, the Garden Room is a beautiful location! I cannot express how beautiful the venue during cocktail hour and the reception were as the Flanders worked with our florist, The Manic Botanic. Karen honored our every request to go along with our theme. The entire Flanders staff was so kind to our family and friends. Our beautiful room was such a great place to get ready. Divine Images Salon also made my entire bridal party beautiful! Sokphal honored my every request in the Beautiful Bride package. She did my hair, nails, and airbrush makeup. I highly recommend the convenience and kindness of the staff to any Flanders bride! Mary is also very kind and flexible to work with. She ensure all of our needs were met! I am still receiving compliments about our food! We enjoyed a wonderful food tasting prior to the wedding and even chose Manco and Manco pizza as an hors d'oeuvre! I am so impressed with how delicious our food was and how kind Chef Blake, the wait staff, and our Maître D' were! If you dream of a beautiful beach wedding in a venue with a history, professional staff, and beautiful area, look into the Flanders! Each detail of your wedding will become a reality, and you will not be disappointed! Our wedding day was truly a dream come true!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Catherine S

Can't say enough about this place! The food was incredible, the hotel and ballrooms are timeless. Karen is an outstanding wedding coordinator! Many of our guests said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Hillary W

Our wedding on 9/17 was the best day of our lives, largely because of us choosing to have our reception at The Flander's. Karen and Jennifer are wonderful to work with and were extremely accommodating to both myself, my husband and our parents when we needed something or had any... Read More questions. Many of our guests mentioned how wonderful the food was and how impressed they were with the venue. Endless thanks to the staff at Flander's for making our wedding so wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kelley W

Flanders is perfect. Karen, the wedding planner, is a total rockstar. She made sure everything was planned perfectly and then delivered with exceptional detail. I did not have to worry about the timing of anything. She was always one step ahead of me, and the Flanders employees... Read More were just as thorough. The food was fantastic, the vibes were great. Thank you for hosting my dream wedding!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Samantha S

First and only venue I needed to see! It is by far the most elegant at the Jersey Shore. Karen and her staff were helpful, patient, and informative the entire time to myself, husband, and family. They communicated great with me during the reception and never did I go without... Read More food or a drink. Impressed by their attention to detail and flexibility.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

A huge Thank You to Karen at The Flanders in Ocean City, NJ and to everyone on her team! Everything was perfect thanks to Karen's attention to detail! We couldn't have asked for more! What a thrill it was to hear the crowd cheer as the Bride and her father walked across the... Read More boardwalk toward the beach for the evening ceremony! It was so nice to be able to enjoy the entire day without having to worry about anything because Karen had everything under control for us! Thanks again for making sure everything was perfect!!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Ginamarie S

Beautiful location and venue. Some of our guests even said it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to. Karen Bergman is great to work with. The food during cocktail hour kept coming and the guests said it was delicious! I'd %100 recommend the Flanders

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

Karen and the whole staff at The Flanders helped make my son's wedding day an event we will always remember. They went above and beyond our expectations and treated us like it was their own family getting married. The hotel is such a beautiful back in time magical place. If... Read More you're on the fence about having your special day here, don't be. You will have have the most wonderful memories. My heartfelt thank you to Karen and her wonderful staff !

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Jessica T

My husband and I had our wedding at Flanders on June 3rd and everything was absolutely amazing! Karen and Jennifer were wonderful! Any questions or concerns we had, they took care of. They made everything run very smoothly. Both ladies were kind and professional. The food... Read More was delicious as well. Our guests are still talking about what an amazing place Flanders Hotel is. Our wedding was everything we dreamed and more!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Kristen P

We had checked around a few places and each one was beautiful but Flanders had a little extra magic to it. Its decor is something out of a movie. Its timelessness is something that you don't see much of anymore. It is so classy and unique. Many of our guests were in awe of... Read More their surroundings. Also, Karen is amazing! Many people talked about how stressful wedding planning was going to be. Flanders helped with the process every step of the way. Karen answered every question we had with ease. Karen and Jennifer even helped with key details the day before the wedding to make it so much more than I even imagined. They are phenomenal about making sure your wedding goes perfectly. Everything was a breeze with Flanders on our side! The staff was so wonderful and accommodating during our engagement and wedding. The chef is top notch as well! They even made the food station unique! We had guests saying they saw food everywhere they looked, they said everything was delicious . Flanders is the perfect place to have a wedding, words cannot express how happy we are that we chose the Flanders.

Reviewed on 5/28/2016

Our daughter was married on May 14, 2016 at the Flanders. The reception was over the top. We would not change a thing about the day if we did it all again. The venue is beautiful. The food is abundant and absolutely amazing. The wait staff, bartenders, chef and banquet... Read More coordinators could not have been more professional. The hotel rooms are magnificent. Our guests are still calling us and raving about the food, hotel, location and of course our beautiful bride and handsome groom. Now we know why so many people have loved their weddings at the Flanders. No need to look anywhere else. For an elegant Ocean City experience for a wedding, this boardwalk venue has it all.!! Thank you Flanders staff. We are all still floating in our memories of a beautiful wedding!!

Terrible. Save your Time, Money and Sanity

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Aimee K

The Knot doesn't allow for enough characters to cover the amount of issues we had, trust me, I tried...so here's the short and sweet version: if you don’t care about what your wedding looks like or how the coordinator treats you, your family, or friends, this is a great place to... Read More have a wedding. Otherwise, RUN FAR, FAR AWAY. Save your time, money and most of all…your sanity. After my reception was completed, I heard from MULTIPLE people…I’m saying out of 75 attendees, at least 20 of them came up to me and said that Karen was outright rude or at minimum brusque to my guests and family members including my own mother and new husband. I certainly didn’t want to start off my marriage apologizing on behalf of the staff that we paid a ridiculous amount of money to do their job and be professional. I personally witnessed Karen speak extremely rudely to my new husband’s 91 year old grandmother saying, “I’m with the bride and groom right now, you’ll have to wait.” with a pointer finger in her face during the reception. While I appreciate being placed into priority, I can’t imagine anything his grandmother had to ask or say would take up more than 5 seconds of her time. I was so stunned I couldn’t even correct her in time to remediate the situation and found myself hunting down my new in-laws to personally apologize for Karen’s behavior during my reception. Not something that I should have to do on my wedding day, to be sure. There were a few saving graces that kept me from all out feeling like my day was completely ruined. To name a few, the other staff members Gabrielle, Glenn and Tyler went out of their way to make sure that we, the bride and groom, and our guests were taken care of at every turn. They were swift to help whenever I asked them to fix something that our coordinator, Karen, missed and they did so gracefully. They were always checking with both me and my husband during the reception to ensure that we didn’t need anything at all, even a glass of water. They always asked, “How can I help?” or, “Is there anything at all I can do for you?” Amazing customer service. The food was excellent, and the venue looks beautiful. Unfortunately for them, this is where the positive feedback begins and ends.