The Flanders Hotel, Banquet, And Conference Center

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Flanders Hotel is located in Ocean City, New Jersey. It is within walking distance of the beach, as well as the Ocean City boardwalk, which features many popular restaurants and beach-side shopping opportunities. The venue itself features modern architecture with classical European touches and it is lushly appointed. There are numerous event spaces available for wedding ceremonies and receptions. This venue is prepared to accommodate large or small wedding parties.

The Crystal Ballroom is the main special event space at this venue. It can accommodate up to 300 guests for a standing reception or 200 guests for a seated reception. The room gets its name from the impressive crystal chandelier that hangs from the ceiling and casts a warm twinkling light around the room. Custom-colored LED lights on the walls make it possible to change the overall hue of the space with the flick of a switch.

The Promenade is the largest event space at this venue. It is commonly used for hosting a pre-ceremony cocktail hour, but it can also be used as a reception space. It features an open floor plan and has enough space for up to 350 guests. The Promenade features a spiral staircase that makes an excellent backdrop for wedding photos. It also has large windows that look out onto the boardwalk.

The Boardroom is a smaller event space that is ideal for groups of 100 or less. It has dark hardwood panels on the walls and ceiling that give the space a warm, inviting ambience. It also has wood beamed ceilings and wrought iron chandeliers.

The Flanders Hotel has an on-site catering team that provides food and drink services for weddings. Couples can choose to just serve appetizers and drinks or serve a buffet-style meal with multiple stations. There are vegan and gluten-free options available. The catering team at this venue can create custom wedding cakes, but those who prefer to get their cake from an outside vendor are permitted to do so.

All tables and chairs are provided by the venue and couples can choose whether they want to have rectangular or round tables. Extra tables for a cake-cutting station and guest check-in station are also provided. This venue offers white table linens and those who want custom-colored linens can order them through the venue for an added fee or bring them in from an outside vendor.

Wedding parties are permitted to bring in their own decorations, but all decorations must be approved by venue management before they are used. Rice, birdseed, confetti and glitter are not allowed on the premises.

The Flanders Hotel is an elegant and versatile place to host a wedding. It offers a variety of fun and useful extra perks that can enhance the wedding experience.

• Heated outdoor pool
  • 24-hour business center
  • 24-hour fitness center
  • Salon and spa on site
  • Portable stage provided
  • Built-in surround sound systems

Your Seaside Celebration Destination

The Flanders Hotel, located on the Ocean City Boardwalk, is one of New Jersey's most historic and elegant Wedding Reception Venues. The ornate sophistication of our ballrooms are reminiscent of the grandeur of the early 1900's with all of the modern amenities of today.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2008 09
Bow2008

719 East 11th Street, Ocean City, NJ (609) 399-1000

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Kristen P

We had checked around a few places and each one was beautiful but Flanders had a little extra magic to it. Its decor is something out of a movie. Its timelessness is something that you don't see much of anymore. It is so classy and unique. Many of our guests were in awe of... Read More their surroundings. Also, Karen is amazing! Many people talked about how stressful wedding planning was going to be. Flanders helped with the process every step of the way. Karen answered every question we had with ease. Karen and Jennifer even helped with key details the day before the wedding to make it so much more than I even imagined. They are phenomenal about making sure your wedding goes perfectly. Everything was a breeze with Flanders on our side! The staff was so wonderful and accommodating during our engagement and wedding. The chef is top notch as well! They even made the food station unique! We had guests saying they saw food everywhere they looked, they said everything was delicious . Flanders is the perfect place to have a wedding, words cannot express how happy we are that we chose the Flanders.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

I think the best decision we made in our wedding planning was picking the Flanders for our ceremony, reception and rehearsal dinner. Karen was an absolute pleasure to work with. She obviously loves her job (and is great at it) and her enthusiasm was fantastic. She came up with... Read More some great ideas for our wedding (from food to decor) and was fantastic at letting us personalize a lot of the details to our own tastes. From the fish and chips station and pimms' cup at our cocktail hour to the late night boardwalk snack with manco and manco pizza, Karen made sure that our wedding reflected our personalities and tastes. She is incredibly, responsive, detail-oriented, professional and, above all, fun and and a pleasure to work with. The venue itself is gorgeous and perfect for hosting your whole weekend - from the rehearsal dinner in the garden room to a ceremony on the beach and dinner and dancing in the two ballrooms, the Flanders is a great venue. It also includes a ton of things other venues charge extra for - a massive assortment of linens in tons of colors, beautiful chairs that don't require chair covers, a ton of decor that you can use free of charge and the use of a great wedding coordinator. Also a huge plus that you can bring your own alcohol - a massive cost savings!

Great Wedding Reception - May 2, 2015

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Brenna K

We hosted our Daughter’s wedding reception at the Flanders Hotel on May 2, 2015. Karen and her assistant Gabrielle were so helpful and responsive during the planning stages and exceeded our expectations during the actual reception! They were there every step of the way answering... Read More our questions, coordinating with our vendors, and handling the items that we brought to/for the reception and ensuring each item got back to us! Karen was an onsite coordinator extraordinaire! She ensured everything flowed seamlessly on the day of the reception. She was present, but in the background, managing all the details you don’t want to have to manage on your daughter’s wedding day! The food that the Chef prepared was as good as the best 5-star restaurants where we’ve dined and the portions are very generous! Our guests all raved about everything they were served! The Maitre d’, wait staff, bar staff and hotel staff were great with our guests. The venue with its multiple ballrooms, actually worked extremely well getting guests to get out of their seats to mingle, dance and get to the bar. Each ballroom was set up beautifully, matching the beachy theme of the wedding! We thank Karen, Gabrielle, Chef and the entire Flanders staff for all their efforts to make our daughter and her new husband’s wedding reception such a huge success. We highly recommend the Flanders Hotel!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Samantha B

We had a GREAT experience having our wedding at the Flanders. The staff was great to deal with, the service night of was wonderful, and the food was excellent. We had tons of emails after the wedding from guests raving about how great the food was.... 'not great just for a... Read More wedding- but truly great food!' Blake is a fabulous chef and if you have something you are dying to have at your wedding food wise... he'll make it happen. In terms of value, you can't beat a venue where you can BYO your alcohol, and if anything starts to run low they'll run more over. We had our ceremony on the beach and the set up looked great. We opted out of extra chairs since our ceremony was less than 10 minutes long and I'm glad we didn't waste the extra money for those few minutes. We had them bring out all the boardwalk food around 10pm all around the dance floor so people could grab food and eat it while they kept on dancing which people loved. If you need help in the planning/decorations Karen and her staff have great ideas and items for you to use. I, on the other hand, had my own ideas, and strong opinions on what I wanted, so it did take a few conversations/requests to get them to deviate from what they typically do and execute what I wanted. It was so helpful to have Karen as not only the main contact at the venue, but she also acts as day-of coordinator which takes away lots of stress and even ran our beach ceremony rehearsal the night before- she wears a ton of hats and does it well! We had some guests who had a little too much fun at the wedding and Karen had everything so much under control that we didn't even find out about going 'amiss' until the next day- she's a true pro! At first I was hesitant with the venue because we wanted one big room so that people who were sitting and dancing were all in the same space, as well as the bar. I talked to a few acquaintances who had weddings there who said they had the same initial hesitation but that it played out like one big room and people weren't separated which changed my mind. The set up with all the doors opening the spaces to each other, as well as the lounge they set up in the back of the huge ballroom made it feel like one room.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kate G

I honestly do not know where to begin as I think about how amazing of a venue the historic Flanders is. My family and I have always had a love of Ocean City. Travelling there every summer, I never imagined I would be one of the brides I saw on the beach. From the beginning Karen... Read More Bergman has been so welcoming, kind, professional, and trustworthy. We were able to choose a custom package within our budget. We were married on the beach, and our reception was in the gorgeous and bright Garden Room. For a daytime wedding, the Garden Room is a beautiful location! I cannot express how beautiful the venue during cocktail hour and the reception were as the Flanders worked with our florist, The Manic Botanic. Karen honored our every request to go along with our theme. The entire Flanders staff was so kind to our family and friends. Our beautiful room was such a great place to get ready. Divine Images Salon also made my entire bridal party beautiful! Sokphal honored my every request in the Beautiful Bride package. She did my hair, nails, and airbrush makeup. I highly recommend the convenience and kindness of the staff to any Flanders bride! Mary is also very kind and flexible to work with. She ensure all of our needs were met! I am still receiving compliments about our food! We enjoyed a wonderful food tasting prior to the wedding and even chose Manco and Manco pizza as an hors d'oeuvre! I am so impressed with how delicious our food was and how kind Chef Blake, the wait staff, and our Maître D' were! If you dream of a beautiful beach wedding in a venue with a history, professional staff, and beautiful area, look into the Flanders! Each detail of your wedding will become a reality, and you will not be disappointed! Our wedding day was truly a dream come true!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Catherine S

Can't say enough about this place! The food was incredible, the hotel and ballrooms are timeless. Karen is an outstanding wedding coordinator! Many of our guests said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Hillary W

Our wedding on 9/17 was the best day of our lives, largely because of us choosing to have our reception at The Flander's. Karen and Jennifer are wonderful to work with and were extremely accommodating to both myself, my husband and our parents when we needed something or had any... Read More questions. Many of our guests mentioned how wonderful the food was and how impressed they were with the venue. Endless thanks to the staff at Flander's for making our wedding so wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kelley W

Flanders is perfect. Karen, the wedding planner, is a total rockstar. She made sure everything was planned perfectly and then delivered with exceptional detail. I did not have to worry about the timing of anything. She was always one step ahead of me, and the Flanders employees... Read More were just as thorough. The food was fantastic, the vibes were great. Thank you for hosting my dream wedding!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Samantha S

First and only venue I needed to see! It is by far the most elegant at the Jersey Shore. Karen and her staff were helpful, patient, and informative the entire time to myself, husband, and family. They communicated great with me during the reception and never did I go without... Read More food or a drink. Impressed by their attention to detail and flexibility.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

A huge Thank You to Karen at The Flanders in Ocean City, NJ and to everyone on her team! Everything was perfect thanks to Karen's attention to detail! We couldn't have asked for more! What a thrill it was to hear the crowd cheer as the Bride and her father walked across the... Read More boardwalk toward the beach for the evening ceremony! It was so nice to be able to enjoy the entire day without having to worry about anything because Karen had everything under control for us! Thanks again for making sure everything was perfect!!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Ginamarie S

Beautiful location and venue. Some of our guests even said it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to. Karen Bergman is great to work with. The food during cocktail hour kept coming and the guests said it was delicious! I'd %100 recommend the Flanders

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

Karen and the whole staff at The Flanders helped make my son's wedding day an event we will always remember. They went above and beyond our expectations and treated us like it was their own family getting married. The hotel is such a beautiful back in time magical place. If... Read More you're on the fence about having your special day here, don't be. You will have have the most wonderful memories. My heartfelt thank you to Karen and her wonderful staff !

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Jessica T

My husband and I had our wedding at Flanders on June 3rd and everything was absolutely amazing! Karen and Jennifer were wonderful! Any questions or concerns we had, they took care of. They made everything run very smoothly. Both ladies were kind and professional. The food... Read More was delicious as well. Our guests are still talking about what an amazing place Flanders Hotel is. Our wedding was everything we dreamed and more!

Reviewed on 5/28/2016

Our daughter was married on May 14, 2016 at the Flanders. The reception was over the top. We would not change a thing about the day if we did it all again. The venue is beautiful. The food is abundant and absolutely amazing. The wait staff, bartenders, chef and banquet... Read More coordinators could not have been more professional. The hotel rooms are magnificent. Our guests are still calling us and raving about the food, hotel, location and of course our beautiful bride and handsome groom. Now we know why so many people have loved their weddings at the Flanders. No need to look anywhere else. For an elegant Ocean City experience for a wedding, this boardwalk venue has it all.!! Thank you Flanders staff. We are all still floating in our memories of a beautiful wedding!!

Terrible. Save your Time, Money and Sanity

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Aimee K

The Knot doesn't allow for enough characters to cover the amount of issues we had, trust me, I tried...so here's the short and sweet version: if you don’t care about what your wedding looks like or how the coordinator treats you, your family, or friends, this is a great place to... Read More have a wedding. Otherwise, RUN FAR, FAR AWAY. Save your time, money and most of all…your sanity. After my reception was completed, I heard from MULTIPLE people…I’m saying out of 75 attendees, at least 20 of them came up to me and said that Karen was outright rude or at minimum brusque to my guests and family members including my own mother and new husband. I certainly didn’t want to start off my marriage apologizing on behalf of the staff that we paid a ridiculous amount of money to do their job and be professional. I personally witnessed Karen speak extremely rudely to my new husband’s 91 year old grandmother saying, “I’m with the bride and groom right now, you’ll have to wait.” with a pointer finger in her face during the reception. While I appreciate being placed into priority, I can’t imagine anything his grandmother had to ask or say would take up more than 5 seconds of her time. I was so stunned I couldn’t even correct her in time to remediate the situation and found myself hunting down my new in-laws to personally apologize for Karen’s behavior during my reception. Not something that I should have to do on my wedding day, to be sure. There were a few saving graces that kept me from all out feeling like my day was completely ruined. To name a few, the other staff members Gabrielle, Glenn and Tyler went out of their way to make sure that we, the bride and groom, and our guests were taken care of at every turn. They were swift to help whenever I asked them to fix something that our coordinator, Karen, missed and they did so gracefully. They were always checking with both me and my husband during the reception to ensure that we didn’t need anything at all, even a glass of water. They always asked, “How can I help?” or, “Is there anything at all I can do for you?” Amazing customer service. The food was excellent, and the venue looks beautiful. Unfortunately for them, this is where the positive feedback begins and ends.

Reviewed on 12/27/2015 Krystina M

We booked The Flanders without even seeing it in person! My (now) husband and I live in Boston, but wanted an Ocean City wedding on the beach. Karen and Gabby were extremely helpful in accommodating any and all of our needs throughout the planning process and were on point the... Read More day of. The food was amazing, the venue was beautiful, and the coordination of the everything couldn't be beat.

Our Venue

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Christa F

I really think that nothing can compare to how spectacular the Flanders is as a wedding venue. It is located right on the beach, the food is outstanding and the team that helps to plan the wedding could not be any more knowledgeable or friendly. We were so impressed with the... Read More venue that we choose and we had the best wedding! We would not change a thing!

Perfect Beach Wedding!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Jenn P

My new husband and could not be more impressed with our experience with The Flanders and The Flanders staff. The level of service and attention to detail exceeded our expectations. The beach ceremony was gorgeous! Worried about the weather on the first day of November we... Read More still took a chance. Karen Bergman and her staff were ready for any changes (moving indoors, tide changes, wind). The sun came out about 40 minutes before the ceremony and the tide went out. The staff adjusted seats so the guests were comfortable with the wind and the sun. It was a perfect beach wedding moment for me and I was overwhelmed by the experience. Knowing we were greeting our guests and mingling during our cocktail hour, the staff provide our wedding party and ourselves with a few minutes to have our own warm appetizers and cocktails as our guests moved to the ballroom. The staff made sure we knew when our dinner was served as we were mingling with our guests. The Matre 'D made certain that we as the bride and groom always had what we needed (drinks,etc) and offered at times when we forgot because we were busy. Our guests raved about their overall experience too. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding (food, accommodations and service) they've ever been too. What amazed us the most about our sit-down, serviced dinner was how everyone's meal came out equally hot and the temperature of their proteins were exact. It was easily the best food we've ever had. My parents (the bride) were impressed by how they were attended to as well as the rest of the bridal party. The staff made sure their meals stayed warm if they got up from their seats. The staff made sure they had drinks whenever they needed refreshing. Anything they needed; they were taken care of. A bride worries about how her vision is going to be executed. She wonders when that horrible moment of "what am I going to do?" is going to happen. I had no worries and I never had that moment. The whole day was smooth and easy. Karen Bergman and her staff did an impeccable job of executing my vision even better than I had expected it to be. They created the perfect dream beach wedding for me. There is absolutely nothing I would have like to see done differently. Again... It exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We hosted our daughter's wedding on May 22nd. Karen and her team were exceptional with the planning and attention to detail on the day of the wedding. We decorated the beach and it looked amazing. Our guests raved about the food and the ballroom looked stunning. Karen's... Read More suggestions were on point and ensured a great experience. I would highly recommend the Flanders to those planning the event of a lifetime.

Briglia & Kingcaid Wedding

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Tracy B

The Flanders was absolutely fantastic! The staff including Karen, Gabrielle, and Glenn were such a pleasure to work with. Our reception & cocktail hour exceeded our expectations. Our family & guests were treated with first class service. The food was delicious! We smile... Read More everyday reflecting on the wonderful memories of our wedding reception at The Flanders. I highly recommend this historic venue for your next party or reception.

A Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Mary Elizabeth Z

I don't know where to begin! Karen, Chef Blake, Gabrielle, and the whole Flanders staff were absolutely incredible. From our first meeting to the end of our reception, everything was perfect! They went above and beyond to make sure that our Great Gatsby wedding was just what we... Read More wanted. Nothing was out of the question. We had a small issue, we did not have enough escort card holders (of course our fault), but Karen and her team handled it all so I did not have to stress the day of. All of our guests have said that is the best wedding they have even been to! Amazing food, wonderful venue, incredible staff!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015

The Flanders is an amazing wedding venue. They handled every aspect beautifully. One thing we did to lower the cost is rent out a large home a block away. We used 10shorething.com which worked really well since it was less than a block away

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 Sarah P

We had our wedding on a Friday in April and it could not have been a more picture perfect day! Karen and her staff were top notch. The food was outstanding and our guests are still raving about it. I would recommend anyone looking to get married in Ocean City to get married... Read More at the Flanders. Its simple elegance is one you don't find everywhere. Thank you again to everyone at the Flanders- the hotel accommodation's were wonderful.

Rehearsal dinner for my son and future wife

Reviewed on 5/23/2015

The food was outstanding and there was more than enough of it. The staff that worked with us that night were great! Very nice and did everything we asked. The only thing that I was a little disappointed in was I had asked for a beachy centerpiece for table and was told... Read More that they had plenty of them and when we got there it was not what I had asked for.

Great But With a Few Hiccups

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Megan R

My guests all had an amazing time at my wedding. The food was phenomenal and had everyone talking. The atmosphere was gorgeous. The Crystal Ballroom brought the perfect vintage feeling to the wedding. However, there was a few missteps along the way. Karen, while awesome at... Read More helping us plan, seemed to miss a few of my emails the week before the wedding. When I got there, I learned Karen's assistants would be doing our wedding. They at first said they couldn't find the centerpieces we gave to Karen. They were found but then we realized they didn't have our signature drink recipes, which I sent to Karen the Monday before. Printed those out and all seemed to be smooth sailing. However, my vegetarians did not get the meal they were told they would be getting. We were told Vegetarians would be getting Eggplant Parmesan, which they did not get. They liked their meal, but were surprised by the Eggplant Balsamic. Overall, we had a great time and enjoyed our wedding immensely. I would recommend the Flanders to other brides, just make sure to keep communicating with them!