Book Your Wedding with The Flying V Ranch

A BALLROOM IN DECATUR, TX

Flying V Ranch, set on 450 acres of a working family cattle ranch, is located in Decatur, Texas off Road 1170. The ranch . It is situated in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, making it easy for overnight wedding guests to locate a hotel and tourist attractions that are a blend of history, culture and fun.

Reception Barn. The Reception Barn features Southern white clapboard walls and a five foot chandelier hangs in the middle over the dance floor. A buffet can be set up in a pagoda that is adjacent to the reception area and an outdoor beer garden can be set up so to create a nice place for guests to mingle and sip cocktails or wine. The Barn, which is climate controlled, can accommodate up to 280 people.

Ceremony Site. The outdoor Ceremony Site has a stone path lined with lanterns that leads to white antique pews set on the lawn. The couple exchanges vows on a platform that sits in front of a beautiful, old oak tree adorned with chandeliers.

For the couple's convenience, a Groom's Lounge and a century-old Bride's House are available to use on the wedding day. The following items are included in the wedding package:

• Serving tables, antique cake table and choice of a guest book table
  • Two lounge sofas
  • Antique buffets in the Barn
  • Gold chargers
  • Choice of custom ceremony backdrop
  • Access to the property at pre-determined intervals for bridal portraits
  • Catering kitchen
  • One hour wedding rehearsal
  • Crew service
  • Bar and ice machine
  • State-of-the-art sound system
  • Complimentary on-site parking for guests

Couples can rent additional services. Staff can create a coffee bar, a popcorn bar or a beverage station that includes a custom water infusion, iced tea and sweet tea in decorative glass dispensers. In addition, staff can create a s'more bar around the Flying V Ranch fire pit. For an extra fee, couples can rent furniture, chalkboards and signage. They can also rent vintage china, antique silver serving pieces, iron candelabras, lanterns, wine barrels, apothecary jars and more.

Flying V Ranch keeps guests of all ages happy and entertained during the wedding celebration by:

• Offering outdoor activities, such as corn hole games
  • Indoor / concept set on 450 acres of rolling hills and old oak trees
  • White church pews at outdoor ceremony site create an outdoor chapel
  • Antiques buffets inside provide a beautiful space to display photos or family heirlooms

The Flying V Ranch

The 450 acre Flying V Ranch has been a working Texas cattle ranch for generations. The clean lines, open air spaces, and twinkling lights of the Flying V Ranch create a relaxing atmosphere for you to cultivate the wedding of your dreams. An outdoor ceremony site features large oak trees adorned with chandeliers, and large wooden pews.The interior of our reception barn features Southern white clapboard walls and a 5 foot chandelier. The Flying V Ranch graciously awaits your visit and looks forward to helping you plan your special event!

Ballroom, Barn, Historic Venue, Loft

Planning

297 County Road 1170, Decatur, TX (817) 725-8886

February Wedding

Reviewed on 2/24/2014 Hannah C

Sherry and the team at Flying V are the most incredible people you will ever meet. The story of how the ranch came to be is sweet enough to make you want the venue in the first place, and then the quality of service accompanied with it is just a perfect match for any bride... Read More wanting a sweet southern wedding. The Flying V is quaint and precious. The staff makes sure you don't worry about a thing on your big day and you even get a day of coordinator who makes sure everything is where it's supposed to be. They are incredible and I cannot say enough about the venue and the people pouring themselves into it. I felt like family of Sherry from day one and so well taken care of. I could text her at any time and have an answer- which happened often. Use this venue. We got a ton of comments about how perfect our wedding was and it all starts with the perfect venue.

Best venue & staff in TX!

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Callie H

This was the easiest choice I had to make. The flying V Ranch was not only the most beautiful, unique venue I had ever seen, but the staff was the nicest I have ever dealt with. They were available 24/7 and were more than helpful any time I had a question. They provided just... Read More about everything I needed for the reception and ceremony other than flowers and food/drinks-And the cost is extremely reasonable!! In the 9 months that I was planning my wedding, I developed a great relationship with the owner, Sherry. She makes you feel as if you are a part of her big family and she gets you SO excited for your big day. Her and her daughter have such an eye for decor that in the year they have been open, they have transformed this from a ranch into a knockout venue that people from all over the state are talking about. My wedding day was seamless. I had no hiccups or last minute scares. With the help of Sherry and her staff, I was able to actually enjoy my wedding day and spend time relaxing with my bridesmaids. Pair this venue with Classic Florist & Gifts,Cakes by Leisha & 3 Birds Photography and I can promise that you will have the wedding of your dreams-within budget!

AMAZING Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 4/25/2014 Lyndzey P

The moment that my husband and I toured The Flying V, I was in love. We knew that I wanted to start the next chapter of our lives there. Not only is it beautiful scenery, it is also a working cattle. Talk about rustic! The reception venue it gorgeous w/ a huge chandelier in the... Read More middle, they just added a covered pavilion that is perfect for inclement weather, and they just about have ANYTHING that you will need to decorate with. Besides all of these great things, the women who run are FANTASTIC. You couldn't ask for more caring, compassionate, fun, coordinated people! They made our day SO SPECIAL and PERFECT. I can't put into words how much my husband and I, and our families, love this venue and Sherry & Celia. Truly amazing people who have found their calling! :)

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Trace' R

We were the Groom's parents, and initially reluctant to have a wedding outside, due to weather factor. Our son and his bride chose the Flying V, because they "were not like a wedding factory". My son said the staff was much more personal, and genuine. They did not have... Read More stringent rules on the catering and beverage category. The price was more affordable than in the Fort Worth metroplex. The Flying V setting and decor is very popular among the young people (age 25-30). Things I remember about that night were, the East side of the venue, where guests gathered (after ceremony, before reception) was shaded at 6:15 ish, and very nice for our crowd to enjoy a cold beverage, and snacks outside, as they waited for pictures to finish, and to entrance to reception hall to open. People really seemed to enjoy the relaxed setting out there, even though everyone was dressed up. Before the nuptials, I saw the Groom's man cave, and it was very masculine, air conditioned to the max, and nice enough for the guys to sit down and just chill out until game time. The restrooms were also just fine for our crowd of 175 guests. They were clean, well-stocked, and cool as well. Our son's wedding was May 7, 2017. With all of the decorations, the reception area was just lovely. I was worried about the lower part of the barn (too short for tall people?). It dips down just a step; but, it wasn't too short, very roomy, and from what I remember. It accommodated our guests amply. There were lots of tables, but still plenty of room to walk around, not feel cramped. A nice sitting area was on the lower part, and it was just so convenient for us to stand, and greet a few guests who were just arriving, and didn't want to stand out in the sun. They had a couple of couches there, and you could put your lipstick on, check your phone and look out the window, have a nice hug and short visit before the celebration began. The upper area of reception hall was also very nice, and roomy enough for a dance floor with tables surrounding it. The food was outside, which I think helped make it much roomier, and didn't heat up the Reception Hall. There is a Shabby Chic atmosphere to this venue, and it just made it darling with all of the decorations, and lighting, etc. Our bride was on a budget, but it looked so precious, and fancy! Celia, the "Day of Coordinator" was very very nice and nurturing. As the Groom's parents, she came and introduced herself, gave us the cue for certain traditional parts of the reception. She was soft spoken, unassuming and just almost like a mom to me. (My mom wasn't able to attend due to her illness). I needed Celia that night! Overall, I think it was a complete success. I forgot to mention, that the ceremony outside was very sweet, and the church pews and stage worked out well also. I wish the very best to the Flying V!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Bethany R

This venue felt like a hidden gem in the DFW area. As matron of honor, I especially enjoyed the bridal house which was situated with the perfect vintage charm and plenty of room to eat, make flower crowns, and mirrors/plugs for the bridal party to get ready. The simplicity of... Read More the ceremony venue made it so charming and idyllic, and the reception ballroom added elegance to the rustic Texan setting. My husband and I turned to each other during the reception and said, "this is the most beautiful wedding we've ever attended!"

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Kristen R

My wedding could NOT have been more beautiful thanks to Celia, Page, Sherry and the whole Flying V team. The ranch was the perfect setting for my vintage bohemian wedding- white walls, white washed wood floor, vintage pews and the 100 year old bride cottage plus the many... Read More antique pieces available for use. My (now) husband and I were immediately welcomed by Sherry when we first visited the venue and loved hearing her heartwarming story and vision for this family ranch transformed into a one of a kind venue. It had so much character! We loved that It DIDN'T have this wedding factory feel where the goal is just to pump out weddings like other venues we visited. I can't even put into words how wonderful the staff was answering all my questions and reassuring me. I know I emailed Page at LEAST 100 times over the course of planning my wedding. Sherry even ordered extra glasses to accommodate my many beverage choices and guest count. AND the very detailed person that I am was so blessed by the 30 day meeting where we went over EVERYTHING for my day to make sure we were all on the same page. Celia is the sweetest and made me feel like an absolute queen on my wedding day. We did have some issues with the sound during the ceremony but nothing a longer rehearsal wouldn't fix. At the end of the day we felt like we have become part of the Flying V family. This place, these people, I will always hold dear and the best day of my life I will never forget.

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Miranda A

Flying V Ranch is an amazing, full-service venue. The owners and staff went above and beyond my expectations and carefully handled every detail as if they were planning for their own wedding. If you are looking for a beautiful setting, with charming details and a reliable staff,... Read More this is the place for you. Here are a few specific reasons I'm glad I chose this venue: 1. I really wanted an outdoor ceremony, but was worried about rain since my wedding was in April. Flying V Ranch has an incredible outdoor ceremony space and two back-up options in case of rain including a covered pavilion or an option to flip the indoor reception space. 2. I didn't hire a wedding planner. The owners of Flying V Ranch are incredibly helpful and provide you with a checklist to go over all of the details you definitely didn't think about. They also provide a day of coordinator who you meet with 30 days prior to your wedding date to iron everything out. 3. The space has a ton of vintage details and charm along with a gorgeous chandelier and string lighting. You hardly need any decor because the space is so beautiful on it's own. When it comes to decor though, they have many options you can rent and the table cloths and napkins come in so many color options and are included as part of their package. 4. The outdoor space (covered pavilion and beer garden) around the indoor reception area is perfect for guests to visit and roam around in. It keeps people from feeling trapped at their tables all night. 5. They've recently made updates to the already awesome venue including new beautiful flooring and chairs along with a gorgeous arch and white pews at the ceremony site. I can't say enough great things about this place. My guests and vendors commented all night on how perfect it was and how nice and helpful the owners and staff were. Huge thanks to owners Sherry and Page and my day of coordinator, Karen!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Melanie J

The Flying V is an absolutely wonderful place to get married! It has a charming mix of Rustic Elegance with the opportunities to take it either way. The have so many awesome furniture pieces on site that truly help set the town for you special day. Their staff is the best of the... Read More best. Page & Sherry are two of the most thoughtful and wonderful people you'll ever meet! They both are truly servant-hearted and will do their best to make sure all their bride's days are exactly how they want! This venue is one of the best around!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Liz I

From the moment you enter the Flying V Ranch grounds you feel like a member of the family. Every moment and design aspect of your event will be catered to with sweet, southern charm. Page and her mother, Sherry, have the most beautiful design aesthetic and impeccable attention... Read More to detail. This is truly a special venue and I cannot speak more highly of the whole team!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Erin J

The Flying V Ranch was the first venue we toured, and after that we compared every other one to it. We knew as soon as we left the Flying V Ranch that this is where we were going to get married. The venue itself is gorgeous but the staff is what really makes this place... Read More spectacular. Page and Sherry are the absolute definition of southern hospitality. They went out of their way to make our day special. We couldn't have imagined our day as beautiful as it was without them. They made us feel like we were part of their family and just wanted everything to be perfect that day, which it was! We can not say enough positive things about the staff and the venue. If you want your wedding to run smoothly then this is the staff that can achieve that goal. This venue is an amazing place for photos as well. The scene is beautiful from sun up to sun down. You will not be disappointed by choosing The Flying V Ranch.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jayla J

Picturesque views, unique furnishings, and precious details is what you are sure to find at Flying V Ranch. You truly have to see this property for yourself to experience all of its fine features. Aside from all of its beauty and organic style, Flying V Ranch offers endless... Read More options for your wedding day. From an outdoor ceremony under a 100year old tree, to intimate nuptials in front if the cozy fireplace in the barn, you are sure to have the wedding day you've always imagined. Sherry and Page will welcome you help you every step of the way (and probably make you feel like family). I can not say enough positive things about this venue, you have to check it out for yourself!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Caroline A

The wedding and reception I attended at the Flying V was so beautiful! The natural beauty of the landscape, the Barn and Bride's House was only overshadowed by the staff. They took care of the bride and groom as if they were family. I can't wait for my daughter to get engaged so... Read More she can get married there!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016

Picking a venue for your wedding day is one of the biggest decisions you can make and I believe it really sets the tone for what people will expect. The Flying V Ranch fit everything we had dreamed of and wanted in a venue. It is the perfect mix of country/nature while also... Read More holding an elegant and glamorous standard. Sherry and Page are the ultimate dream team. They literally made everything that I wanted come to life- even down to the small details. It has been 5 months since my wedding and I am still so in love with how everything turned out!!!! They are the best.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Michelle A

When my fiancé (now husband) and I first visited the Flying V Ranch earlier this year, we knew without a shadow of a doubt that this was where we wanted to have our wedding. We envisioned a wedding that had a rustic, vintage, southern charm kind of feel, and this venue was... Read More PERFECT for that! We immediately felt right at home on the ranch, and we knew that our guests would feel the same way. Every step of the way during the planning process, Sherry and Page went out of their way to ensure that our wedding day turned out to be everything we were hoping for. At the beginning of the planning process, I had some trouble pinning down the wedding date, but Sherry was so incredibly kind and patient with me, and worked with me until we were able to settle on just the right date. The actual wedding day turned out to be even BETTER than what we had been dreaming of and hoping for. Sherry and Page worked seamlessly with my wedding planner to make sure every single detail was perfect. The Warner family will forever hold a very special place in my heart for all the kindness they’ve shown to me, and for making my wedding day such a lovely piece of heaven on earth. I am so incredibly blessed to have found them and the beautiful Flying V Ranch!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jennie P

One of my dearest friends daughter was married at The Flying V and I can not say enough good things about this venue. The staff went above and beyond to make sure their wedding and reception was everything they dreamed it would be. The Flying V has so much to offer from the... Read More beautiful ranch setting to all the decor that enhances this already awesome facility. I would highly recommend The Flying V !

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jennie P

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Ruth H

I would highly recommend the Flying V ! The staff is very attentive and truly cared about making the day special and unique for us! Unlike many of the venues that we checked out, the Flying V staff does so much more in the set up and taking down. They did a great job of keeping... Read More the ceremony and reception on schedule. Many of our guests told us it was the best Wedding they had ever attended! They loved the beautiful location and said that atmosphere was more conducive to relaxing and mingling with other guests.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Hannah D

The Flying V was definitely the best choice we could have made for our wedding. The venue is simplistic and stunning. Sherri and Page were both so kind and helpful. They genuinely care about their couples and do their best to make everything run smoothly. I couldn't of imagined... Read More getting married anywhere else. We got married in October and the weather could not of been more perfect. Do not look any further! This is definitely a very special place with very special people who run it!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Dani R

Words cannot express how happy we were with the Flying V for our daughter's wedding! In the bride's words, "Everything was perfect!" Several people told us it was the most beautiful venue. And they managed everything for us, so we just sat back & enjoyed everything!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Austin W

The Flying V Ranch was not only adorable but one of the best venue packages available to the northern DFW area. We toured several venues and this had the most included, allowed you to use the venue ALL day the day of the wedding, and were so easy to work with! Not to mention the... Read More property is GORGEOUS! We were so happy to have been able to have our wedding at the Flying V Ranch and recommend it to anyone who wants a rustic chic/vintage look! Thanks Flying V Ranch for helping make our wedding everything we were hoping for and more!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Samantha L

The venue and staff was amazing! We were married on July 3 and couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Christin C

The Flying V is amazing! This Mom and Daughter duo will do anything to make your wedding day the most amazing day ever! The Flying V team allowed us to come and visit several times, and ever come into decorate a little early. The Ranch itself is a magical outdoor/indoor venue... Read More and you will really get the bang for your buck! My bridesmaids and I absolutely loved the cosy bridal cottage! My husband and I loved our wedding day and the Flying V is a major part of our love for it.

Reviewed on 5/11/2016

The Flying V Ranch is not only a stunning venue, but is ran with true southern hospitality. From the Red Angus cattle, authentic working ranch decor, white church pews, vintage china and everything in between the wedding was beautiful. As I had toured a few venues prior to this... Read More gem I realized that the owners of The Flying V were more than just there for business. They honestly wanted to see two people unite in a precious day that they will remember forever. The Flying V Ranch is the perfect southern venue for any couple!

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Jordan B

Sherry and Page Warner are extraordinary at what they do. We had to rush our wedding due to unforeseen circumstances - they were more than accommodating and the most helpful during our super fast 30 day planning time. Their staff is personable, so organized, and extremely... Read More thorough. The Flying V is a BEAUTIFUL venue on it's own, but with the decor touches and rental packages, you will be so happy and well taken care of on your special day. The space is meticulously thought out and neutrally designed so that you can create any look you love. Sherry & Page truly GET what the stress is like as a bride, and they do everything in their power to minimize your anxieties. From corn hole games, outdoor beer garden, the fire pit with our vintage family quilts, and plenty of room for the kids to run and play... there was a perfect hang out space for all types of our guests. I highly recommend the Flying V and if I could redo our special day all over again, we would choose to do it the exact same. :)

Flying V Ranch wedding venue

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

The Venue was perfect.The owner and staff were very kind, flexiable and extremely accomendating. We felt like we were part of the family. It had rained for several days, and we had planned for a outside wedding. They gave us several options depending on the weather. The... Read More wedding took place under a beautiful outdoor pavillion. There would not be one thing we would change!!!! It was a magical evening.

Meet The Director of Marketing

Page Warner

Page is the daughter of the mother + daughter duo of The Flying V Ranch. An interior designer by trade, Page designed the barn at it's conception and now handles all creative and business aspects of the family business. The Flying V Ranch graciously awaits your visit and looks forward to helping you plan your special event!