The Foundry

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

42-38 9th Street, Long Island City, NY (718) 786-7776

Amazing place, wonderful staff

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Michelle1989 A

I was extremely happy all round. Very professional. Highly recommended.

Beautiful venue & great staff

Reviewed on 7/07/2013 Regina N

We held our wedding at The Foundry and our guests are still talking about how amazing it is. From the responsive and incredibly helpful staff to the beautiful brick and ironwork, we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful and unique venue. The entire staff was very attentive... Read More all the way through the planning, as well as that night. The Foundry helped us create the exact experience we wanted - intimate, elegant and funky.

So different!

Reviewed on 4/29/2013 Paola G

A month after our wedding and our family and friends are still raving about how much fun they had at the wedding. Our ceremony was in the main space and then we went to greenhouse for cocktail hour. Since the Foundry is so different we were able to have a very different... Read More wedding, we had free style dining and no assigned seating which allowed guest to enjoy the Foundry. My husband and I were able to enjoy our family and friends and everyone danced all night. As a wedding present, my sister booked a cigar roller which was a big hit. The cigar roller also made our guest take advantage of the terrace that over-looked Manhattan. Our wedding was amazing and so much fun, everything was so different and the space so beautiful....exactly what I wanted. Julie was our main contact from the Foundry, she showed us the space and kept in constant contact with us throughout the process. The day of the wedding our Foundry host was Angela, she was really excited and had just a great positive attitude. There were two doormen, and unfortunately we didn't catch their names; but our guest said very nice things about the doormen. Julie was very clear throughout the process that is raw space, I priced caters and rentals for this space before I even booked, which gave us a better idea if it was within budget...for us it was so worth it.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Christina F

We had our wedding at The Foundry on July 8th 2017 and it was nothing short of magical. From our first visit to the venue, we fell in love with its raw industrial beauty, even as a blank space. We saw it in the winter sans ivy with snow on the ground and still fell in love, then... Read More seeing it in the summer in full greenery splendor it was really incredible! Angela and Lindsay at The Foundry were amazing from our first meeting, allowing us to also come with our moms to see the space at a later date as well and later for a walkthrough with vendors. They were always so sweet and accommodating whether in person or via email. The day of our wedding everything went off without a hitch. The space was even more beautiful with our decorations added. We rented the main space (ceremony & for dancing/reception), Greenhouse (cocktail hour/bar room), and courtyard (dinner under a clear tent) and the flow was perfect for our about 110 person wedding. We took photos on the terrace which was spectacular with the NYC views! We chose not to rent it out for the cocktail hour because we had the Greenhouse and part of the courtyard, but it is worth checking out as well. I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS! As I said before, the space is so beautiful on it's own but once you dress it up it's really spectacular. I must admit, it is daunting, renting EVERYTHING, but it is so worth it in the end. We received so many compliments on how cool/unique/different the venue was, which was exactly what we wanted, a non-cookie cutter catering hall wedding, and that's exactly what we achieved. If that is what you want, don't hesitate to check out The Foundry!!! A big thank you to the amazing staff for making our wedding a day to remember. Also, shoutout to the staff that was so nice to meet despite me not feeling well during the wedding, much appreciated :) Love, Christina & Derek

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Becca F

If you’re looking for a unique space that will blow away your guests, this is the place. It’s unassuming when you arrive, but each of our family and friends were amazed by this little oasis in the middle of industrial LIC. It’s a photographer and videographers dream (both of... Read More ours were giddy when we told them our venue), which means you’ll have some incredible photos to look back on. The moment we walked into this space, we knew that we had found our venue. We had looked at a few other venues with a similar style (Green Building, Liberty Warehouse), but the architecture of the main space, versatility of the courtyard and the beauty of the greenhouse made The Foundry standout above the rest. The staff is incredibly friendly, very responsive and are full of tips and ideas on how you can transform the space into what you want it to be. If we had questions, they were quick to answer and were always happy to help – this came in extremely handy when trying to sort through the mess of choosing vendors. We mostly worked with Angela and Lindsey, and they were amazing. We would often find a reason to stop in from time to time if we were in the area, and they were always there to walk us through it all. Now, it’s not cheap, especially since it’s a blank space and you’re responsible for bringing in everything else (tables, chairs, caterer, etc.), but if you’re looking to get married in NYC, nothing is cheap. And the great part of working with a blank space is that you have the ability to make it whatever you want it to be. That alone makes it completely worth it.

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Camille C

I fell in love with this place the moment I walked in. I researched venues when we got engaged and we wanted a unique space. This place was everything we wished for and more.

Reviewed on 4/16/2016 Christine V

The space is nice, but we had some issues trying to see the place. We arrived for our scheduled appointment to discuss options/pricing, and no one was there to meet us. We stayed at the venue for an hour looking around and never saw one person who worked there. We called the... Read More number we had numerous times, and heard it ringing in the building. Very disappointing, and honestly pretty strange.

Reviewed on 4/10/2016 Kelly Jo R

Couldn't have asked for better! We primarily worked with Julie and Angela for our 10/10/2015 wedding at the foundry. The team and venue was more than accommodating for all pre-wedding visits with bridesmaids and when my mom was in town. They always answered email questions... Read More quickly. They are real professionals and made the big day come together with ease. Angela was my day-of person and she nailed it! She handled any issues, kept the pace moving, and made sure all decorations and requests were handled just as I asked. Thanks for everything!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

The Foundry is a remarkable wedding venue. It is one of the most magnificent places in all of New York City to host a wedding and was the most memorable feature of our big day in late September. Each room and outdoor space beholds exquisite beauty, which can't be said for most... Read More industrial wedding venues, and was undoubtedly the most perfect setting for our festive early fall affair. The Foundry has such incredible industrial charm and urban vibe while simultaneously transporting you to an out-of-this-world, ivy-covered dreamscape. In addition to being absolutely stunning, The Foundry has a terrific staff. They were all quite wonderful to work with. They were responsive, detail-oriented and flexible while still adhering to contract guidelines (most of which exist to protect the historical integrity of the property and sustain its purpose as an event site). The Foundry does come at a price, but if an unforgettable, truly authentic NYC wedding is what you have in mind, The Foundry is well worth the cost.

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Ali T

I truly cannot say enough good things about the Foundry! It is a truly special place, with not only beautiful structure but the ability to create the exact wedding of your dreams. The space is completely raw, so if you are up to task all the details of your wedding can be... Read More completely customized to your vision. At first, the idea of having to bring in everything was overwhelming but I am so happy we did because every last detail was chosen by my husband and myself. It was such a true representation of us and what we wanted. We rented the main space, courtyard, greenhouse, and the roof for photos. Each space was well worth the added costs and just so beautiful. All of my guests were in awe of the Foundry and had never seen anything quite like it. Working with the Foundry team was so easy and great. They are all experts in what they do and so helpful. We worked with Angela the most, and she was so helpful. At our wedding you would have never known she was there – but she was very easy to reach when we needed her and super quick to help! She worked very closely with out caterer to ensure my husband and I did not have to worry about anything. We were able to enjoy our day and for that I am truly grateful. The Foundry was the first venue we looked at and I instantly fell in love. I am so happy we chose it – such a stunning, special place to hold such a special day.

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Mary N

A BIG thank you to Angela and the Foundry for helping us create our dream wedding! The Foundry is a one of a kind space and a true gem. It is a raw space rental, so we were able to customize our wedding to make it very "us." We rented the main space and the terrace for our... Read More September 2014 wedding. With approximately 115 guests the main space was very comfortable for dinner and dancing (even Greek dancing!). We used the terrace for cocktail hour - which the guests loved, they took photos of the skyline and all the lush plantings. If my budget permitted, I would have loved to rent the greenhouse too - it is a really cool indoor space adjacent to the main room. Working with Angela was great. She was extremely kind, calm, and professional. She worked with us along the way to make our vision a reality. When the big day came, we barely knew she was there, but she was coordinating with our DOC and making sure everything ran smoothly. At the end of the day my husband and I were extremely happy - we actually got to enjoy our own wedding! The location of the Foundry is actually quite convenient. There are several hotels nearby - we had guests stay at the Hotel Z (two blocks away). It's about a 10 minute walk from Queensboro Plaza so our local guests had access to public transit. For guests that drove, there was plenty of onstreet parking available. Western Queens is known for its food options especially Astoria, so we were able to find a local caterer that did Greek food - which was phenomenal. Our guests also enjoyed their weekend in the Astoria/LIC area - lots of great and unique restaurants and cool neighborhoods - also convenient to get to Manhattan. I highly recommend the Foundry - best wedding venue in the NYC area! Thank you!!!

A night to remember

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Bibi W

Aug 31st was my wedding. It was amazing, much more then I thought it was going to be. Gena,was one of the host/ event planners. It was pouring down with rain and I was freaking out, because my ceremony was being held in the court yard w/o a tent. She always kept me informed on... Read More what was going on with the weather conditions as well as keeping me calm. Everything worked out, right before walking down the aisle the sun came out and dried up the rain. Gena was always sweet, personable, informative, professional and just a breath of fresh air. I never had a worry when she was around. The event space was beautiful. I loved that rustic but new feel about it. All of my guest loved the space. I will definitely be holding another event here in the future.

The PERFECT Venue for our Shabby Chic Wedding

Reviewed on 7/18/2014 Fazillah P

The Foundry has to be one of the most STUNNING backdrops to exchange vows in NYC. The contrast between industrial beams and rustic brick walls that are crawling with lush ivy made it the perfect backdrop for our shabby chic wedding. We decided to have a small boutique... Read More ceremony in The Greenhouse section of the Foundry, which in our opinion is the prettiest part of the building. As the backdrop is SOO GORGEOUS on its own, we didn’t need to add much decoration, so that also helped us with our floral budget. Other than the fact that the building is absolutely beautiful (did I mention that already?)…the main reason we picked this venue was because of the symbolism it holds for my husband and I. For one, we decided to get married on June 21st, the Summer Solstice and the longest day of sunlight in the northern hemisphere. We picked our date first, and then our venue. Getting married inside the Greenhouse let us capture the sun’s energy on this special day, while also keeping everyone cool and protecting against the elements outside just in case. The Foundry was also once used as an actual Steel Foundry to manufacture parts that were used in building the foundations for NYC – one of our greatest loves. As such, we felt this was also a great place to start building the foundations of our marriage and life together. We will also be moving to LIC in a few months, so this venue was a nice tribute to where we will be settling down for the next stage of our life. :) After the ceremony, we hosted a post-ceremony luncheon at Water’s Edge Restaurant that has stunning backdrops of the city, along with excellent food and service – as this is only a 3 minute drive or 10 minute walk from the Foundry it was the ideal venue. For accommodations, the wedding party and out of town guests stayed at the Z New York hotel, a short 3 minute walk to the Foundry. Everything was within walking distance, including subways, so while the location may appear to be in a very industrial neighborhood it was very accessible to all of our guests. Finally, a huge THANK YOU to Julie and Angela and the rest of the team at the Foundry for accommodating us for an early morning ceremony. They were not only professional and responsive to all of our questions and emails, they were also such a pleasure to work with and made sure everything ran smoothly on our wedding day. We really felt we were in good hands. I would definitely recommend The Foundry if you are looking to get married in the NYC area and want an ultra-chic location to celebrate your special day. Mr. & Mrs. Durante

The Foundry LIC

Reviewed on 2/22/2013 Kimberly L

The Foundry is a gorgeous venue with highly professional staff. It is, however, also a very expensive venue which is, essentially, a blank space. As such, it is necessary to bring in nearly all furniture (they do have some pieces), cutlery, linens, etc. While this affords the... Read More opportunity to truly personalize the event, it adds signficantly to the amount of work, and the cost. Again, it's an exceptional venue that can be transformed in any number of ways, very well kept up, and with excellent staff. Worth the money if you can afford it.

Couldn't have asked for more.

Reviewed on 1/07/2013 Jonathan R

My wife and I were married here on December 1, 2012 and could not have been happier with EVERY aspect of the venue and the service. The space is beautiful and unique, and from our initial meeting with Julie, who showed us the space, we felt we would be in good hands. Like the... Read More space, the staff is fun, warm, and relaxed while still being cool. Throughout, everyone was professional, and they were an incredibly grounding force. Any questions we had throughout, they were quick to answer and accommodate (especially after dealing with other spaces and vendors, it was incredible how fast Julie was to respond to any email or call) , and we couldn't have asked for more from the night-of staff who did a great job handling everything with elegance and smiles. We hired Jose Rolon as our in-house day of coordinator, and we consistently remarked to each other how we couldn't have managed without him, as he certainly went above and beyond. Neither my wife nor I were the types to have previously pictured a venue for our "perfect wedding," but to be sure, after the fact, The Foundry was definitely it.

LOVE the foundry

Reviewed on 11/21/2012 Molly M

The Foundry was my dream wedding location, and everything was perfect! My wedding was just a few days after Hurricane Sandy,and everything still went off without a hitch. Julie was great to work with, and let us stop by numerous times. Our ceremony was in the Greenhouse, which... Read More was PERFECT, with cocktails/dinner in the main room and courtyard. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful spot. It's definitely on the pricey end, but that's NYC.

Amazing space

Reviewed on 10/13/2012 Melanie S

The Foundry is simply gorgeous. The staff were all super attentive and detailed. So easy to work with. Exceeded my expectations!

Helpful Staff & Beautiful Space

Reviewed on 8/26/2012 Matt M

We selected the Foundry early and were not disappointed. Every person who works there is friendly & helpful. The space itself is a little quarky for seating etc but is truly unique and stunning.

Most Intimate wedding venue in NYC

Reviewed on 7/13/2012 Jessica K

The Foundry is an amazing venue for an intimate wedding. The staff is helpful, responsive throughout the process. They are even better the day of!!! if you don't take a trip to see it you are missing out.

Most awesome space in the tri-state area...

Reviewed on 2/04/2012 Jennifer W

This place is phenomenal...and the price certainly reflects that! It was worth every penny. It's really a one-of-a-kind space for an intimate wedding.

The Foundry

Reviewed on 6/29/2011 seema s

I love this place, it is beautiful and requires very little decoration. I give this 4 out of 5 stars only because it is quite expensive and all you get is the raw space.

An outer burrough gem

Reviewed on 11/10/2010 Erica B

After my initial venue fell through about three months before my wedding, I scrambled to find a solution. We'd loved the Foundry from the first minute we saw it, and their entire team was accommodating and professional. We opted for a Sunday night wedding, using the courtyard... Read More and a tent for dinner, and the inner space for two bars and a dance floor for our 100 guests, but I could see how it would be perfect for up to 180 happy attendees.

Everyone is still talking about our wedding..

Reviewed on 11/06/2010 Veronica G

This place is beautiful. We wanted a very modern wedding that had a NYC feel without having to pay the full NYC prices. Although the Foundry isn't exactly cheap, it was worth it. We were able to really control the way our wedding looked and we had the whole place to ourselves.... Read More Julie and Allison are so awesome that you are just happy to do business with them. Our pictures were beautiful and we were able to create this super cool atmosphere that people are still talking about.

Worth Every Penny

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Vicki T

The Foundry is far and away a fantistic and unique venue for a wedding. We were married in the Spring and used the courtyard as well as the indoor space for our continuous cocktail party. Our guests raved over the ambience and we really appreciated the professionalisim and... Read More flexiability of Foundry's staff. A win for all!