The Franciscan Event Center

Centennial, CO

Book Your Wedding with The Franciscan Event Center

A BACKYARD IN CENTENNIAL, CO

The Franciscan Event Center offers simple elegance to couples who wish to get married in a beautiful location without breaking the bank. Located in the peaceful and serene countryside just outside of Denver, Colorado, it offers indoor and outdoor venues to suit any budgets.

With perfectly manicured grounds, lush landscaping, man-made water displays, there are plenty of stunning backdrops for your wedding photos. The classic marble gazebo on the grounds makes a tranquil spot for saying your 'I do's.' Late afternoons on the grounds make wedding ceremonies even more romantic as the sun casts beautiful colors behind the lush trees and onto the pond and the magnificent five-tiered water fountain. Evening events are just as romantic with hundreds of warm twinkling lights lighting up the gazebo. Ceremonies on the grounds can be arranged for up to 200 seated guests. The newly-renovated multiple indoor venues can be used for ceremonies and receptions.

Ballroom. The Ballroom has a total area of 4,800 square feet and can accommodate up to 200 seated guests for receptions. It has carpeted flooring and a wooden parquet dance floor that offers a casual, yet elegant atmosphere.

Aspen. The Aspen room is a smaller indoor venue that can accommodate up to 100 seated guests. Aside from the wedding reception, it is also ideal space for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.

Garden. The Garden Room is an excellent choice for more intimate celebrations. This space can accommodate up to 50 guests for a smaller reception, or it can be combined with the other spaces for a combination indoor and outdoor event.

Weddings and events held at The Franciscan Event Center are catered in-house by That Personal Touch Catering. Liquor also has to be provided by the venue as per the liquor license. The rental fee is included in the menu price, and the venue requires a minimum headcount of 100 guests. Although smaller parties are accommodated, couples will have to pay additional charges. A refundable security deposit of $500 is required upon booking.

Rental of the venue gives couples and their guests exclusive access to the property for a total of five hours, and all tables and chairs are provided.

The Franciscan Event Center and That Personal Touch Catering provides couples a fully customizable menu. Rental of the property also includes a hosted bar service, complimentary cake cutting service, skirted dessert table and gifts tables, a guest book table and DJ table. To celebrate your union in style, a complimentary champagne toast is also provided.

Gorgeous Facilities & A Conscientious Staff

At The Franciscan Your Wedding is Our Priority. Our beautiful Outdoor & Indoor facilities are exclusively yours on your special day. Our Experienced Staff and Professional Onsite Catering Service will help you with your Wedding from the moment you call us to after you leave us happily married! We have room for up to 350 inside and 500 if both outside and inside areas are used. We're centrally located, near many nice hotels and our manicured grounds are a breathtaking backdrop for your photos!

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

6553 S. Revere Pkwy., Centennial, CO (303) 790-0477

Everything I Dreamed Of

Reviewed on 2/13/2015 Megan O

This venue was the perfect place to have our Nov. 29th wedding. First, I had asked if it would be decorated yet for Christmas and they said, "Do you want it to be?" That was just the beginning of the flexibility they had to accommodate us. I decided to have the ceremony and... Read More reception at the same place due to the possibility of bad weather. But, I joked, "If it's over 60 degrees, I will want it outside." We all laughed. As the day grew closer the temperature continue to rise. The day of the wedding, the Sonya, the coordinator called me. She said, "It's 61 degrees, what do you want to do?" I said, "We have to move it outside!" She was thrilled, because she knew that was what I really wanted. We had about 130 guests) They are a catering service first, so the food was amazing, both the day of the sampling and at the reception! (that's not always the case.) The open bar prices were great! They have tons of decorations to choose from and they happily put up everything that I brought. The grounds were quickly raked and cleaned and the venue was gorgeous, inside and out. Sonja and the staff were amazing to work with and truly made my day extra special and worry-free. You won't be disappointed!

Perfect for our 150 guest wedding

Reviewed on 7/10/2015

A great place at a great price. Beautiful grounds, lovely charming venue. We liked it for its location close to home and for the wonderful help of a tremendous event manager named Sonja Frank. She really knows her stuff when it comes to weddings. She helps without being... Read More controlling. She knows all about what to expect, how to prepare and you can feel confident that she has it all ready and waiting. This is the perfect place if you want an easy going, affordable and truly beautiful venue.

2015-09-01T10:33:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review. We're pleased we could help to make your wedding experience less stressful and enjoyable.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kristin B

The Franciscan was wonderful. Sonja and Nancy made sure every small detail was perfect. The entire staff really cares and constantly goes above and beyond. The food was delicious. You have to try the vinaigrette on their summer salad. It is to die for. On the day of our wedding... Read More the grounds were so neatly kept and everything was beautiful and clean. They listened to all of my ideas and made sure every one of them was heard and executed. I would highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Tara S

The Franciscan exceeded every expectation we had, and is a wonderful place to get married. We had our ceremony outside in the garden area, and the reception inside. The grounds are beautiful, plenty of places to take pictures, even our photographer commented on how pretty it... Read More was. The reception area provided plenty of room for our 112 guests, it did not feel crowded at all. The food was fantastic, we opted for buffet, and our guests loved the food so much there were no leftovers but plenty of rave reviews! In fact, we have gotten many positive comments from of our guests about how much they loved the venue. We worked with Sonja to plan and Nancy the day of. Both were very easy to work with, friendly, and attended to every detail, making the whole process stress free for us. I had a friend who was supposed to make our cake, but he got his dates mixed up and did not make our cake. I found out we had no cake less than 1 hour before the ceremony. Before I had time to even shed a panicked tear, Nancy was on it, and sent her staff to get a cake for us. None of the guests even knew, and the whole "cake fiasco" lasted no more than 10 minutes. For a bride on her wedding day, one of the greatest gifts she can receive is not having to worry about anything on her "big day", and Nancy, Sonja, and the rest of the staff at the Franciscan gave me that gift. The whole wedding experience, from the moment we walked in the door for a tour, until our thank you and goodbyes, was everything we had hoped for and better than we could have imagined. As far as price was concerned, we checked out multiple venues in the Denver Metro Area, and found the Franciscan to be the most affordable, and also had many things included in their package that other venues charge separately for, such as beverage station, centerpieces, and linens. We highly recommend the Franciscan to anyone who wants a memorable, impressive and wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Amanda U

I can't even say enough nice things about the staff. They are so great and super helpful! They let me come in a day early to set up because there was not another event before mine! They made the whole process so pleasant and easy. I loved this place so much. We got some great... Read More pictures in the outside garden!

Reviewed on 3/27/2016

You made our Retirement Celebration party a complete success! The 'Southwest Buffet' along with the 'Deli Buffet' was awesome! The food was outstanding and this was Mexican food served to Mexican families, and they RAVED about the taste! The presentation of the food was superb... Read More and the additional small decorations (ie: small carrots cut like flowers, and orange rinds cut like roses, etc) made the whole buffet look delectable! Your delivery staff was so helpful in showing us everything and answering any questions. We can not thank you enough for the fabulous food and helping to make our celebration a truly extraordinary event !! We certainly recommend your company to anyone ! You definitely deserve the FIVE STAR rating! The Castro Family

Excellent Service in Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Rachel S

Words can not describe how happy I am that my husband and I were married here. The staff, location and grounds are amazing. Sonja and team went over and beyond to ensure that my day was stress free. Every detail was covered. Again, Sonja was fantastic. She was so easy to... Read More work with and very knowledgeable. I wouldn't change a thing about the venue. I would highly suggest this hidden gem in the heart of the city.

I loved the Franciscan

Reviewed on 11/05/2014

Everyone there is so nice and there to help you. The food was delicious. The back, where the weddings take place, is beautiful!! Even though there was only like 10 people left by the end of the night, they kept the bar open and were still there for us. It was so clean and... Read More smelled good! I absolutely love it. My wedding was perfect!

Awesome venue and staff

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Leah F

The venue is beautiful, and the staff go above and beyond to make the day special and perfect. We were so pleased with everything from their help with moving our ceremony along, to the really good food and menu choices. This is a great place to get married if you are looking for... Read More a beautiful location with a truly passionate and easy going staff.

Absolutely amazing!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

The fransiscan event center is hands down amazing. Everything from the food,to staff, to the event coordinator it was easy to plan my wedding. These guys know how to do it right and it is 100% worth every penny

Reception Center

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Elizabeth W

Great service! They went above and beyond what we requested and made sure everything was to our liking. They even threw in a few extra bonuses for us just to make the day special. Great on-site staff on the night of the wedding.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 9/20/2014 Lisa B

My wedding was on July 12, 2014, and it was nothing short of my dream wedding. Sonja, the wedding coordinator at The Franciscan was the most helpful and accommodating coordinator I have ever met. Sonja, her staff, and the location was extremely professional and exceeded my... Read More expectations. They had great communication with me through the whole process, and you could tell that she cared about every detail I desired. She met with me as many times as I needed, and set up our decorations perfect. The food was also amazing, and the bar service was excellent. I have no complaints about The Franciscan! The best thing about this place is that it's what I like to call a "one stop shop." The staff set up and tore down, they provide catering and bar service, they have all the tables and chairs you will need, the only thing you need to get are the DJ, photographers, cake, and florist! It was very comforting to leave the reception knowing that my family would not be stuck there all night cleaning up. It's an easy way to let the bridal party and family enjoy the day just as much as you! The only thing to remember is to book as early as possible during the summer, they book up fast! It was a miracle and hard work on Sonja's part to get me a Saturday in July booked! Again, my husband I are so happy we chose to go with The Franciscan.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Christina D

We used the Franciscan for our wedding reception and they were wonderful. Everyone was very friendly and easy to work with. The food was delicious, and very high quality. The place is beautiful, especially the garden. They were willing to make last minute changes, and helped... Read More us to keep everything organized and running smoothly. Everyone (especially Sonja the wedding coordinator) was wonderful and friendly to work with. Overall we really appreciated working with them.

Our Only Daughter's Dream Reception!

Reviewed on 8/27/2014

Almost from the first minute we toured the reception center we knew it was the right place for our daughter's reception! It was spacious indoor and out. The garden was flourishing and breath taking! We received many compliments from some of our 350 guests that this was one of... Read More the nicest receptions they had been to! The buffet dinner was excellent from main entrees, salad bar and appetizers. The linens and decorations were elegant and well appointed. The outside gazebo gave the reception a romantic touch. The event coordinator Sonja was a joy to work with. Mary, Sonja's assistant and the wait staff were not only professional but very friendly! It was truly a wonderful experience and the dream reception for our daughter. We were so pleased with the Franciscan service before the reception that we recommended it for the rehearsal dinner the night before and that was exquisite too! We appreciated their flexibility to let us in very early for bridal shots. A fantastic wedding experience!

Great! BUT.......

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Nicole G

The venue is very beatiful and nice for a outside wedding. But they are very unorganized with event planning and they need little help with the food. You would think they would be able to keep up with the flow of things and they could not.

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 8/24/2011 Jessica T

The Franciscan Event Center was the perfect place for our wedding! We couldn't be happier with the venue and how beautiful it is. The staff really take pride in keeping the facility and the grounds nice. They only do one event per day so it was really nice to have the whole... Read More place to ourselves. The staff, especially Sonya and Patrick, were so willing to help and made everything easy for us. They helped with everything from planning to set up to helping get everyone in order for the ceremony to carrying our plates for us, etc. They always greeted us and our guests with smiles and were extremely great to work with and made us feel like family. They even let us come in the day before to finish some final touches. The staff went above and beyond to make our event and everything leading up to it extraordinary! It's not very often you get superior customer service and they exceeded it! We cannot thank them enough. The food was exceptional and I constantly receive compliments on how beautiful the venue was and how great the food was. The chef personally came up to us and made sure we thought everything tasted great. We loved the Franciscan Event Center and would HIGHLY recommend it!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 HEATHER B

Beautiful grounds excellent service great food. Great selection for table linens.;Your wedding coordinator may not be in attendance during the wedding but the catering captain is great!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Heather W

The outdoors area was beautiful. A great place for ceremonies. The food is excellent. The service is wonderful. I loved everything about it and has recommended it to other friends.

Reviewed on 6/11/2009 Sara K

The food was better than any other 'wedding food' I have ever had and they worked with us on the price per person. I loved the way they set up the tables and the large dance floor with the mirrored background it made for great pics.;Our wedding ceremony had to be inside because... Read More of the weather and they did not have enough of the same chairs to fill the room. So we had one kind of chair for half of the room and another kind of chair for the other. The bridal suite is very!!! small

Reviewed on 10/24/2008 Jennifer R

The staff was awesome and the food great. The event center is specifically designed for these events and everything was as we imagined. Beautiful garden area where the ceremony was held. Dining area was seperate from food and bar areas with a great patio to enjoy the... Read More outside.

Reviewed on 9/05/2008 Kari M

The staff was very easy to work with. They brought the total within our budget in order to get our business. The site is beautiful and the pictures turned out amazing!