The Gallery

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Gallery in Houston, Texas, offers you a French Mediterranean-styled location in the Lone Star State. The Gallery offers both indoor and outdoor spaces from which to choose. The architecture offers an elegance meant to harmonize with the nature around it. The venue was designed to have an Old World charm that you are not likely to find in any other venues in the Galleria area. The Gallery wants to give you a feeling of being in a simpler time when things were slower and people took in nature.

The entire venue is available when you chose The Gallery for your wedding day, so you can choose the way you want your ceremony and reception to be laid out. The Gallery wants you to be able to express yourself and indulge as you deserve for your wedding day. You are welcome to have your event flow from the indoor area out onto the patios and gardens. Along with the ceremony and reception areas, you also get access to the bride and groom suites. The venue overall can hold up to 300 guests.

The first floor ballroom. The first-floor ballroom has room for seating around 160 guests. The venue recommends 16 tables that can seat eight to 10 people. This allows you room to set up for a DJ, dance area, cake table and a buffet setup. If you are not using these spaces, then more tables can be added as you desire.

The second floor bar and overflow. The second floor bar and overflow is able to accommodate around 90 people in the bar section and another 60 in the overflow section. This space may be used with the first-floor ballroom if the first floor is not large enough to hold your guests.

The patios. The patios are located on the both floors. The largest patio on the first floor can hold about 140 people for a seated reception, but can hold 300 for your ceremony. The small patio can hold around 80 people for a reception and 120 for a ceremony. The upstairs patio can hold about 60 people.

When you choose The Gallery for your wedding day you get a choice of a four-hour or five-hour event. There is set-up and break-down time before and after your event included in the rental. The packages both include:

• One-hour rehearsal week of your wedding, usually on Thursday
  • Arranging security
  • Venue manager
  • Table and chair setup for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception
  • Staff will accept deliveries of rental items
  • Teardown of tables and chairs

If you need more than five hours of time, there are package options to buy more time. The chairs that come with the rental are mahogany chiavari chairs.

Unlike many venues, The Gallery allows real candles to be used both indoor and outdoors. You also have the option to use sparklers as long as there is a bucket of water or sand in which to put them out.

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

Bow2010

6303 Beverly Hill St., Houston, TX (713) 255-2889

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Meagan P

The Gallery is such a wonderful and beautiful venue! You don't even feel like you're in Houston because of its French style aritecture. The staff was very sweet and accommodating, and you get the bridal suite all day to get ready in, which was a major plus for me. Wish I could... Read More get married again here!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Lauren O

Loved this space! It was a great location especially for having a lot of out-of-town guest. They were able to make hotel accommodations right down the road and there was even a shuttle that brought them to and from the venue. My vision for our wedding was perfect! I loved the... Read More brick and the wood and that it had so many different areas for people to mingle about. The big tree that hangs over the courtyard was just lovely with the hanging tea light candles we had. The space is very beautiful and it was just perfect! Larger amount of parking in the property is a plus too! Love the fact there is a large amount of parking on the venue

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Maria L

I got married at The Gallery on 11/19/2016. We were looking for something close to downtown but with a romantic feel and both inside/outside space. I envisioned a lot of greenery and stonework.. The Gallery hit the nail on the head. It is a beautifully layed out space that... Read More offers a romantic charm minutes away from Downtown. The staff was very helpful and responsive throughout the whole process. Being a self proclaimed "terrible bride" I had a lot of questions and needed a lot of guidance. Eboni our event contact was wonderful. She answered all my question, offered great suggestions and was always an email away. We were able to get ready and decorate with plenty of time. We had an outdoor ceremony by the fountain and dogwood tree which was to die for! The reception space inside is AWESOME. It is two story with an open middle section that allows your guest the ability to roam freely and still feel connected. Overall our experience with The Gallery was superb. Would recommend it for anyone looking for easy and beautiful.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Inventive Events -

As a Wedding Planner and Coordinator for Inventive Events, I've worked with MANY venues, experiencing their contracts and their employees. When I worked for a Client at The Gallery, the Venue team were extremely professional and communicative, and it was truly impressive,... Read More especially since they have such a beautiful facility. I will have The Gallery on my top recommended venue list when our Clients are searching for an affordable and beautiful facility with a comprehensive contract and supportive staff.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Larissa I

The Gallery is a beautiful venue for brides that either want a blank slate to create the look of their dreams or for the simplistic bride who doesn't want a lot of decorations. The Gallery is beautiful as is, so there is no need to add a lot, but if you want to add a lot of... Read More decorations, they have many vendors to recommend. They also allow you to work with vendors of your choice, which we did, and it ended up being a little cheaper than the preferred vendors. Either way, check out the venue, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 David N

Recently, we got married at the Gallery. Overall, the venue was beautiful! It's one of the few places in Houston where you can still have your wedding a la carte. When we signed our contract, we were only booking the venue and were able to seek our all of our own vendors from... Read More food, flowers, DJ, etc. This was a blessing because a lot of other venues in town made you pick a specific bundled package. With it being a bundled package the price is much higher. The gallery gave us the flexibility of booking our venue putting down our deposit and working on finding everyone else at our leisure and budget. This allows your wedding to be very casual to very upscale without locking in all that money up front. The only complaint I had with the Gallery was the tables. The venue is advertised as being able to hold up to 300, however their is only enough large tables to handle 200. It is clear in the contract, just a little confusing. Beyond that, if you want an affordable and gorgeous location that is central to Houston, this is your best bet!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kristine M

My husband and I were so happy with this venue! We had about 160 guests and all our seating tables fit great down stairs. Our friends and families loved all the indoor and outdoor spaces they could utilize. The upstairs bar has so much character! Paula was great when showing us... Read More her venue and very helpful when trying to decide on a date. I couldn't have pictured a more perfect place to celebrate our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Juan M

We couldn't be happier with our choice of the Gallery as our wedding venue. It is a one of a kind place. We were especially happy at the freedom we had to choose our own vendors, most places require you use theirs. While we did use a few of their preferred vendors we were free... Read More to choose our own.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Carrie W

My son had his wedding at the Gallery. Paula and her staff were amazing! This was a very hands on, DIY wedding and the staff was very accommodating and helpful. All of our many questions along the way were always promptly answered. Our wedding was perfect. I would highly... Read More recommend the Gallery!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Lauren B

I approached Paula and Lindsay (Lean on Me Events) in December 2015, looking for a courtyard/garden to propose to my significant other, Lauren in January 2016. I had a rough idea of how I wanted to propose, but I still had a small grasp on how to make my vision become a reality.... Read More Paula and Lindsay caught my enthusiasm and excitement, and went above and beyond to help make this moment a memory Lauren, myself, and our families will never forget. In addition to connecting me with the right vendors for the big things, they also helped me plan and have complete comfort in the small details. I can honestly say I cannot tell my proposal story without sharing the way Paula and Lindsay loved on Lauren and I, and I will always be grateful for the way they helped us build such an amazing memory! - Matt L.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Kathryn T

We loved having our reception at the Gallery! It was gorgeous and everyone was easy to work with.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Sarah B

I had my wedding here and it was amazing. The location is close to the Galleria and the layout is perfect. I had a romantic outdoor garden ceremony in the courtyard and my reception indoors. Paula is the best and everyone had a wonderful time. Also, it is very affordable! I... Read More highly recommend this venue.

2016-09-13T12:57:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet words! We will miss having you stop by!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016

have to write a review and give The Gallery some love! I had my wedding here last month and I am so sad that I do not get to visit anymore for planning. None of the pictures online do this place justice, it is absolutely stunning!! So many beautiful spots to take photos as... Read More well, our guest could not get enough of it. The staff is awesome!! Paula is fantastic and very accommodating. She really wants your wedding day to be spectacular! She goes above and beyond to make it happen. I read a few reviews saying that she is hard to get a hold of. I did not experience this at all. I always emailed The Gallery and received a response within 24 hours Tuesday - Thursday, when most wedding venue offices are opened. We used most of the The Gallery's vendor preferences and we were NOT disappointed! If you are seeking the perfect wedding venue, make sure to visit The Gallery :)

2016-09-13T12:56:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet words! We truly do take every wedding personally and want our brides to experience the best this industry has to offer. A big part of that is working with our preferred vendors <--- you're a smart girl for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Brett B

The Gallery is beautiful and the staff is amazing! Paula and Eboni were available anytime I had questions and were very helpful during everything! From the floor plan to last minute changes, they were always there to offer a helping hand. They are super flexible and went above... Read More and beyond to ensure our wedding was fabulous. We had planned to get married outside and everything was set up, but then it started raining. Paula and her team helped move everything inside and it was perfect. The Gallery offers many levels and luckily plenty of options/areas to say I do. Overall, we are so happy we chose the Gallery and received many compliments from guests about its beauty and that its location was easily accessible and very close to Galleria/hotels. Thank you all, you're the best!

2016-06-13T10:56:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet words!! We love all of our brides and try our very best to go the extra mile. Your appreciation puts the biggest smile on our faces! We hope you're loving married life so far and wish you many... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Mikala M

The natural beauty and detailed architecture of The Gallery made the perfect backdrop for mine and my now husband's wedding on 4/10. We held the ceremony on the large outdoor patio and reception indoors, and it was an excellent option for us. It is great for a bride that likes... Read More options and diversity- with indoor and outdoor, as well as downstairs and upstairs areas. For a DIY bride, this venue is also perfect, because although there are preferred vendors, you have the ultimate decision of what vendors to go with, if any. We were able to find great vendors that matched our budget and personal style because we were not locked into a "package". Overall, the guests had a blast and loved the space, we have beautiful pictures using the entire venue, and I wouldn't have chosen anywhere else!

2016-05-24T13:22:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet words! Everything you said is our main goal for our brides and we are thrilled that you had the best day here at The Gallery! We were honored to host your wedding and wish you a lifetime of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Marie K

The Gallery was the perfect venue for our January 9, 2016 wedding. As I was planning our Houston wedding from Iowa, Paula made it very easy to do long-distance planning. The venue is in an easy to access location and offers beautiful photo ops everywhere you turn. The space is... Read More very flexible and the staff do a great job setting it up to meet your needs. We were so lucky to be able to use such a great venue for our special day!

Bride 10-15-15

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

I loved the Gallery as a venue for both my ceremony and reception. I had the entire building to myself all day. Most of my wedding was DIY and decor was purchased, so I enlisted the help of my bridesmaids and family to decorate the venue ourselves. For the rehearsal, I relied on... Read More my Husband's sister (she is a wedding planner) to conduct the practice. The staff was too busy showing other couples around to help. The day of went well, but that credit goes to our family and Pappa's Catering. The owners and security were hanging out upstairs at the bar all night and my gift table was outside unprotected. My husband's mom had to go upstairs and remind them of their job. Of course I only found out about it the day after, so our wedding was beautiful and fun. Every other contact with the owner however was very positive. She knows what she is doing and cares about her brides. I just think she had an off day since my wedding was on a Thursday. Overall I would recommend this venue to any bride. Different days and times allow brides of every budget to enjoy this gorgeous venue, plus it is very easy to decorate.

2015-10-29T12:24:27 Response from the vendor

Hi Brittany! First of all, congratulations again on your marriage. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and your DIY decorations were fabulous! We appreciate your honest opinions and constructive criticism. To clear a few things up, the police officers are provided as a courtesy to our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Christina D

Hands down the most gorgeous venue in Houston. More importantly, the STAFF and the MANAGEMENT are top notch!!! if you're looking for a PERFECT venue where all of the bridal party can get ready at ease and be ready for the wedding...if you're looking for a venue with great... Read More parking and ease of access for those with less mobility...if you're looking for a perfect setting for GORGEOUS wedding photos....if you're looking for a ceremony and reception venue that allows for the most fluid flowing wedding day...if you're looking for something DIFFERENT...something other than your basic ballroom...if you're looking for a venue for your wedding...YOUR SEARCH HAS ENDED. look no further, The Gallery is where you want to be.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Sarah A

The venue was better than I even imagined after it was all dressed up. So pretty. I was so happy with how unique and beautiful it was. It is also secluded from the street so its very private. The only thing was I saw on their website was their prices almost doubled from when we... Read More booked them but now they have certain things included which when we had booked them we only got the space and tables abd chairs and etc.

Beautiful place

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Melissa D

Amazingly scenic venue in downtown Houston. The pictures turned out beautiful. The venue was a great size with a good sized dance floor. The service was only rated a 3 because the managaer was hard to get a hold of. The number listed is never answered. Voicemails were never... Read More answered. Emails were often ignored. They locked up all of our possessions (wedding presents, etc) after the ceremony so that we couldn't load them up.

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 Kathryn R

The Gallery is a gorgeous event venue that provided my husband and me a wonderful backdrop for our day. When people see our wedding pictures, they remark, “where is that?” and “what a neat venue.” We fell in love with the old-world, European look and feel. I found the manager,... Read More Paula, to be VERY accommodating with any requests that I had, which was wonderful (and she knows her stuff backwards and forwards). We even had to change the event date, and Paula made that simple. The pluses to the venue are that there’s plenty of space, so it’s easy to have different parts of the event in different areas (we had our ceremony under the tree outside, which was breathtaking). I loved the spaciousness of the bridal suite (and my husband loved the guy’s area… many venues have nothing or just a closet for the guys). I also really liked that we had the venue to ourselves for the entire day. Because the Gallery only provides the venue (versus other all-in-one venues where catering is or can be included), there was a lot more work required to get ready for the wedding. However, it also allowed us the ultimate flexibility to choose the vendors we wanted. There were some communication issues and my purse was stolen from the bridal suite (I can’t say that’s the venue’s fault, but at the same time, you hope your belongings would remain safe in a cubby bin inside the bridal suite, especially with the two security guards on site. At the end of the day, I shouldn’t have brought my purse and should have watched over it better… but if you are a bride that chooses this venue, please keep this in mind for your day and leave your purse at home). Overall, we were very pleased we chose The Gallery.

Stunning venue!

Reviewed on 3/28/2015 Amanda R

Luckily we secured our date with The Gallery before they increased their price because we were still able to afford it! The Gallery is a stunning venue with tons of character right in the heart of Houston. It extremely convenient to get to from the Galleria area, which is where... Read More we had our host hotel. The Gallery staff is extremely friendly and flexible with their time. My only complaint is that correspondence could be slow. As I approached my wedding date, another staff member was hired and emails were answered within 24 hours, but earlier in the planning process it took several days to get a response at times. The same happened with voicemails. Overall, my experience with The Gallery was great! I can't imagine getting married anywhere else!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 2/02/2015 Svetlana M

This is a beatiful venue, great for a medium size reception (60-120 people). I loved the antique bar upstairs and the opening to the dancefloor. Makes for great pictures. Brides room and grooms rooms where great as well. Kim was a pleasure to work with! Only downside of this... Read More venue is the 'rain day' room. We were hoping to have the ceremony outside as the venue and the red brick is stunning but unforunatly had to move inside due to the weather. We ended up having the ceremony in the upstairs room and even with only 70 people it felt very tight. But overall the venue is just stunning and I was very happy getting married there. Highly recommended!

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Betsy M

I had my wedding here, December 5th of 2014. Everything went on smoothly and I was absolutely satisfied with this venue. Kim & Paula, both were very helpful with all my vendors and they helped me organize them as smoothly as possible so my event would go as I wanted it to. I had... Read More both my ceremony at 6P.M. and my Reception shortly after and it went on smoothly. Also the worker in the premises was very helpful too!!!! He helped me plan out my table arrangements and how the venue would better be utilized due to my event being 200+ people. Overall I'm extremely happy!

The Gallery--AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Heidi B

Our entire experience with The Gallery was fantastic! The manager, Paula, was so kind and helpful throughout the entire process. The venue is BEAUTIFUL! I loved that my guests had several options--downstairs, upstairs, or outside on one of the many patios. Everything was... Read More perfect! *Please note that the prices have changed quite a bit since I booked our wedding. I think it is still worth the cost though!