The Gardens of Castle Rock

Northfield, MN

The Gardens of Castle Rock - Weddings & Events

THE GARDENS, a Minnesota Wedding & Event Center, provides a beautiful setting for outdoor weddings, receptions & special events. Located at Switzer's in amongst the beautiful display gardens and landscaping. THE GARDENS is located in the lower South Metro area, a short distance from the Twin Cities.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

26601 Chippendale Ave, Northfield, MN (651) 264-9510

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Brittany H

I knew I wanted my wedding to be held at the Gardens of Castle Rock before I was even engaged; I went on to hire them the day after our engagement! The Gardens had everything I was looking for in a venue: ability to bring in the caterer of our choosing, an outdoor ceremony... Read More location (they have four different ones you can choose from!), a tented reception, a big lawn for playing games, and a fireplace and patio for guests to mingle around. Literally perfect! Even the smallest things make a difference: the tent is over pavers, not grass. Food can be set up in the main building to keep everything temperature controlled. Plus, they have a late night pizza oven! Not to mention, the Gardens are absolutely GORGEOUS. Glenn, Michelle and their team have put so much work into making the space wonderful. They go out of their way to make your day perfect, whether it's directing parking or setting up tables, they're always there to help and answer your questions! On the evening of our wedding, I remember standing there with my new husband thinking about how perfect everything is. It wouldn't have been the same at any other venue. I hired them right away for a reason!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 shanna v

The Gardens of Castle Rock is a beautiful venue with so many different stages for guests to enjoy. I personally LOVED that they are open to catering as long as the caterer is licensed. Coming from a traditional Asian family being able to have traditional dishes is important... Read More for our guests so I'm glad their policy was open to catering. Aside from the music level needing to be kept at a certain volume, the staff were very helpful and upfront about costs and even referrals. They were also very accommodating with my requests and made for a very easy and smooth process. I would definitely recommend as an affordable outdoor venue. It's beautiful and inviting for any type of wedding and isn't too far from the Twin Cities.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Sierra D

The Gardens of Castle Rock was absolutely beautiful and exceeded our expectations. Glenn & Michelle did a great job of making our day special and working with us every step of the way. Our guests had endless compliments about the venue and the space. We would highly recommend... Read More this venue. Very affordable and a magical place!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017

My son and new daughter-in-law were married at The Gardens of Castle Rock on October 21st. Although the forecast for the day was rain, Kris and Glenn worked with us to ensure we would be prepared for either rain (inside the tent) or sunshine (in the beautiful Lath House)... Read More depending on the weather for the day. The day started out with rain and overcast skies and it was looking like the tent might be used, but the rain stopped and they quickly set up the beautiful wooden benches (handmade by Glenn) in the Lath House. Then the sun came out and the location was the most perfect wedding anyone could ask for with all of the beautiful landscaping and fall colors. Kris, Glenn, Deb, and Michelle were all so awesome to work with right from the beginning to the end, including making pizza in the word burning pizza oven. We loved that we could bring in our own vendors for "BBQ, Booze, and Bad Dance Moves". This is our third child to get married, and I would highly recommend The Gardens of Castle Rock to anyone choosing a wedding venue - the best one yet!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Caitie M

The Gardens of Castle Rock is everything it advertises! Beautiful venue, flexible choices, laid back and accommodating staff! We were married on a rainy day, and the staff were truly accommodating and worked with us last minute to make changes based on the weather. We had a... Read More break in the rain and were able to hold the ceremony outside as we dreamed of. They took away the stressful situation for us and made it a beautiful day! We had so many compliments on the gorgeous venue and fun/comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Ashley R

We had an amazing experience at The Gardens. Although it rained the majority of our wedding day, Glen and Michelle were there to help make everything perfect. They were always around to make changes and answer any of our questions. I highly recommend this venue due to the... Read More gorgeous landscaping and the amazing staff!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Julia K

You literally couldn't ask for a better venue and better people running it. Glenn puts his heart into this place and it shows. We got married last Saturday and everything was so perfect; our guests couldn't stop raving about the venue. The venue is perfect for making your day... Read More exactly what YOU want- it is totally versatile and you can bring in everything yourself, no preferred vendors are required. I will say though, if you select this venue having a day of wedding coordinator is in your best interest! We couldn't have done it without Melody Hall (events by melody). It made everything so much smoother to have her team setting up, decorating, tearing down, etc. so that the task didn't fall on a friend or family member.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Erika C

Glenn and his team and GCR really made our vision of our day come together. Glenn and his staff not only will help with setting up your tables and chairs, but will help with other small details. They even had some suggestions to help with decor and other items I wanted to... Read More incorporate, but didn't know where to put them. We HIGHLY suggest a wedding panner to help with your special day. Our wedding coordinator, Dana Allison(Keyed up events), really took the time to get to know us months before the wedding, which helped even more. There would have been NO time for my groom and I to help with set up that morning. You are the only ones on site - they do not hold any other events that day. We used pretty much the whole place! Our ceremony was timeless in the woods. They set up pew benches for our 175 guests. Then we moved to the cocktail hour near the bar where we had an acoustic guitarist playing. The venue allowed us to have a food truck as our caterer. But you can really choose any vendor you want for dinner/food service. We utilized the grape leaf covered "lath house" as our dining area. You will need to provide linens for the 60" and 30" round tables. They have 8' long cedar tables that do not need linens. Our photo booth set up on the lawn. The dance party was under the large tent (that stays there all year). Jason with JPS entertainment, who helped with our music during the ceremony, dinner, dance, and not to mention the speakers he brought to put out sound for the Illumination fire troupe! We had an epic fire performance on the grand promenade with a special guest appearance from me - the bride - with my light up LED hula hoops! Last song has got to be done by 11:00. and by 12:00 you and all your decor needs to be out of there. No cars can be left overnight. You will also have to hire an on site Sheriff to be there if you are serving alcohol. The Sheriff was pretty cool, and kept to himself. Charnel Timms photography.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Laurie K

We had an AMAZING experience with The Gardens of Castle Rock for our wedding. In addition to having 4 ceremony spaces to choose from, they also have a wonderful, large tent to hold your reception. The grounds were beautiful and Glenn and his team were so friendly and helpful... Read More throughout the whole planning process. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Josh C

Glenn and the team at GCR made my wife and I's day perfect this past June. The venue speaks for itself and doesn't need much decorating. All of our guests (and us) loved that we could hold both ceremony and reception at the same venue, and still have the room to spread out, with... Read More 300 guests in attendance. From planning to cleanup, the staff were there with us the whole way. We had the opportunity with GCR to utilize 5-6 different ceremony/reception combinations, as well as use our own catering and bar service. Glenn's knowledge and vision in weddings is a great asset, and this is not a site that nickels-and-dimes you for everything. Additionally, the location allows easy access from 3 different cities' hotels....all in all there are a lot of stressful factors you can make less stressful with using this venue. If you're looking for a Minnesota outside venue, that is NOT a barn, but has the elegance of an event center, this is well worth a visit. Thank you Glenn, Michelle, Ann, Kris, and Deb!!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Stephanie N

The most beautiful venue I ever came across! My Friday night wedding was an absolute dream come true. Glenn, Michelle, Deb, and team were so amazing and helpful with any questions I had and always instilled a sense of calmness in me. The entire grounds are breathtaking, but my... Read More favorite is the Lath House where we had our ceremony, and the new covered bar with fireplace area. The lights around everything give off the perfect ambiance. I loved being able to bring in my own vendors so that I could really tailor the day to exactly what I wanted! You will not regret choosing this venue - I promise!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Samantha H

We could not have asked for a more perfect venue for our wedding on June 10. In terms of the beauty of the venue, it truly speaks for itself. You don't need much more detail or decor to execute a gorgeous event in this space. The Gardens is an incredible space and the energy of... Read More the venue is peaceful, loving, and calm. Glen and Michelle are professional and kind, and they were easy to communicate with. They allowed us to incorporate the details into our day which made our wedding unique to us. They were present throughout the event to answer questions and cater to what we needed. The little details that matter so much were also on point: clean bathrooms, the grounds are intuitive to navigate, the vendors had space to move and get their work done. What we loved must about the venue is that we were able to customize our party to our style with vendors we chose. I LOVE that Glen and Michelle choose to do business in that way. 100% recommend The Gardens. We are very happy. Thank you to the whole team at The Gardens. Your kindness radiates and that's what matters.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Steph T

Garden's was absolutely perfect for our wedding in August!! They were there to help with everything at any time. We loved the whole venue and everything that came with it. Glen and Michelle did an amazing job! We loved how you can pick your own food and drinks services, and able... Read More to set up however you want! Although it rained minutes before our outdoor ceremony, they were right there to help move chairs and things around to accommodate what we wanted to do at that moment! Would definitely recommend this place to anyone!:)

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Teri G

What an AMAZING experience at The Gardens of Castle Rock! Every spot on the property is picture worthy and is so beautiful! We had a smaller wedding so we asked if we could get married in front of the stone brick fireplace which wasn't even an option on their website and Glen... Read More was so accommodating and said yes of course! It was absolutely perfect and I would recommend this place to ANYONE and EVERYONE getting married!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016

I am so happy with our choice to have our ceremony and reception at the Gardens of Castle Rock! I can't even count how many compliments I got from guests on the venue. It is absolutely beautiful and it is so nice to have everything all in one place. Glenn and his team are... Read More willing to help make the day everything you dreamed of. There are a lot of great options for pictures, different ceremony sites, etc. We wanted a space where our guests could play yard games, talk, dance, sit, etc. They have different seating areas for guests which made it comfortable and relaxed vs. everyone feeling like they had to stay seated at the banquet tables. A few things to know. They have recently done some construction and it's amazing. There are great bathrooms and a new bar area. We used the bridal cottage for a "kids" space as we have 3 kids (ages 5,6,7) and they loved it! We had blankets and pillows and activities for them, it was perfect for the day. It would be able to be used for the bride or groom to get ready as well. I got ready in the main building where they had a few tables and chairs set up for us (after I asked). It's also nice that you can bring in your own alcohol and use whatever caterer you'd like. It truly made the day personal and exactly how we wanted it. I could not be happier with our decision to celebrate our day at the Gardens of Castle Rock. I would highly recommend anyone to use this venue.

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Laura G

We can't thank The Gardens of Castle Rock enough! Our day turned out beautiful due to all the hard work Glenn and his team did. All of our guests loved the patio, fireplace and especially the late night pizza out of the brick oven!! GORGEOUS VENUE!