The Gardens of Castle Rock

Northfield, MN

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Gardens of Castle Rock is situated at 26601 Chippendale Avenue, Northfield, Minnesota. Located at Switzer’s Nursery and Landscaping, this venue offers an all-in-one site for spectacular outdoor wedding ceremonies and receptions amongst its beautiful garden settings.

The Gardens of Castle Rock is a photographer's paradise with a treasure trove of beautiful areas to capture the day's events. From manicured lawns to the woods and the country side, the rustic structures provide ample areas for unique and beautiful memories to be captured. Couples are spoilt for choice with a selection of four ceremony sites to select from. The Gardens of Castle Rock can easily accommodate up to 300 guests.

The Grand Promenade. The Grand Promenade is a romantic and private setting surrounded by mature trees and beautiful gardens. The ceremony can take place on a raised lawn area with the paved walkway for the bride that leads to a classic white wedding arbor. There is a large lawn area behind the Grand Promenade where the wedding tent can be erected for the reception.

Wedding in the Woods. The Wedding in the Woods site is a wonderfully rustic and earthy ceremony site set among large majestic trees. Guests will be seated on wooden benches and the couple can exchange vows under a make-shift wooden arbor.

The Lath House. The Lath House is set under a charming wooden trellised area overgrown with vines and makes the ideal shaded setting for a summer reception. A wooden arbor is situated at the back for the ceremony.

The Lawn. The Lawn is a wonderful open area with immaculate lawns surrounded by trees and gardens. This open and versatile area allows couples to create any style wedding that they can imagine.

The Gardens of Castle Rock provides couples the option to create a truly unique wedding by giving them the opportunity to hire outside caterers of their choice, picking the cuisine and level of service they require. They only book one wedding per day so the venue is exclusively available to the couple from 8 a.m. to midnight ensuring that the day is truly theirs to enjoy. The complete wedding rental package includes a bridal cottage, portable sound system for the ceremony as well as chairs and benches. For the reception they will provide a reception tent and tables and chairs.

The Gardens of Castle Rock has a generous amount of patio space, lawn and gardens for guest to mingle and wander. Other perks include:

• A large outdoor natural stone fireplace
  • Main Assembly Building
  • Paver Patios
  • Open Wi-Fi Network
  • Background music system for patio area
  • Landscape and specialty lighting
  • Convenient parking

The Gardens of Castle Rock - Weddings & Events

THE GARDENS, a Minnesota Wedding & Event Center, provides a beautiful setting for outdoor weddings, receptions & special events. Located at Switzer's in amongst the beautiful display gardens and landscaping. THE GARDENS is located in the lower South Metro area, a short distance from the Twin Cities.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Park, Tented

Food + Catering

26601 Chippendale Ave, Northfield, MN (651) 264-9510

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Brittany H

I knew I wanted my wedding to be held at the Gardens of Castle Rock before I was even engaged; I went on to hire them the day after our engagement! The Gardens had everything I was looking for in a venue: ability to bring in the caterer of our choosing, an outdoor ceremony... Read More location (they have four different ones you can choose from!), a tented reception, a big lawn for playing games, and a fireplace and patio for guests to mingle around. Literally perfect! Even the smallest things make a difference: the tent is over pavers, not grass. Food can be set up in the main building to keep everything temperature controlled. Plus, they have a late night pizza oven! Not to mention, the Gardens are absolutely GORGEOUS. Glenn, Michelle and their team have put so much work into making the space wonderful. They go out of their way to make your day perfect, whether it's directing parking or setting up tables, they're always there to help and answer your questions! On the evening of our wedding, I remember standing there with my new husband thinking about how perfect everything is. It wouldn't have been the same at any other venue. I hired them right away for a reason!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Samantha H

We could not have asked for a more perfect venue for our wedding on June 10. In terms of the beauty of the venue, it truly speaks for itself. You don't need much more detail or decor to execute a gorgeous event in this space. The Gardens is an incredible space and the energy of... Read More the venue is peaceful, loving, and calm. Glen and Michelle are professional and kind, and they were easy to communicate with. They allowed us to incorporate the details into our day which made our wedding unique to us. They were present throughout the event to answer questions and cater to what we needed. The little details that matter so much were also on point: clean bathrooms, the grounds are intuitive to navigate, the vendors had space to move and get their work done. What we loved must about the venue is that we were able to customize our party to our style with vendors we chose. I LOVE that Glen and Michelle choose to do business in that way. 100% recommend The Gardens. We are very happy. Thank you to the whole team at The Gardens. Your kindness radiates and that's what matters.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Steph T

Garden's was absolutely perfect for our wedding in August!! They were there to help with everything at any time. We loved the whole venue and everything that came with it. Glen and Michelle did an amazing job! We loved how you can pick your own food and drinks services, and able... Read More to set up however you want! Although it rained minutes before our outdoor ceremony, they were right there to help move chairs and things around to accommodate what we wanted to do at that moment! Would definitely recommend this place to anyone!:)

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Teri G

What an AMAZING experience at The Gardens of Castle Rock! Every spot on the property is picture worthy and is so beautiful! We had a smaller wedding so we asked if we could get married in front of the stone brick fireplace which wasn't even an option on their website and Glen... Read More was so accommodating and said yes of course! It was absolutely perfect and I would recommend this place to ANYONE and EVERYONE getting married!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016

I am so happy with our choice to have our ceremony and reception at the Gardens of Castle Rock! I can't even count how many compliments I got from guests on the venue. It is absolutely beautiful and it is so nice to have everything all in one place. Glenn and his team are... Read More willing to help make the day everything you dreamed of. There are a lot of great options for pictures, different ceremony sites, etc. We wanted a space where our guests could play yard games, talk, dance, sit, etc. They have different seating areas for guests which made it comfortable and relaxed vs. everyone feeling like they had to stay seated at the banquet tables. A few things to know. They have recently done some construction and it's amazing. There are great bathrooms and a new bar area. We used the bridal cottage for a "kids" space as we have 3 kids (ages 5,6,7) and they loved it! We had blankets and pillows and activities for them, it was perfect for the day. It would be able to be used for the bride or groom to get ready as well. I got ready in the main building where they had a few tables and chairs set up for us (after I asked). It's also nice that you can bring in your own alcohol and use whatever caterer you'd like. It truly made the day personal and exactly how we wanted it. I could not be happier with our decision to celebrate our day at the Gardens of Castle Rock. I would highly recommend anyone to use this venue.

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Laura G

We can't thank The Gardens of Castle Rock enough! Our day turned out beautiful due to all the hard work Glenn and his team did. All of our guests loved the patio, fireplace and especially the late night pizza out of the brick oven!! GORGEOUS VENUE!