• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Mountain, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

176 RINALDI BLVD, POUGHKEEPSIE, NY (845) 486-4700

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Ashley M

There's not enough I could say about our wedding at the Grand View this summer. Our wedding was August 12th outside in the tent. We chose the tent because we really wanted an outdoor feeling. This tent really exceeds your expectations. It is so beautiful and elegant looking,... Read More especially in photos. The back drop of the river is amazing in each photo as well. I was worried about having our wedding in the tent in the middle of the summer due summer heat. Of course we ended up having our wedding on one of the hottest days of the year in NY. We were sweating profusely. However Michael our matre d and Sonia went above and beyond in accommodating not only us (bride and groom) but our families as well. They constantly had cold drinks, water on hand and cold towels when someone needed it. Michael even had a small fan blowing up my dress at some point to cool me down. Anything I needed they are right there to take care of it, my dad was even so impressed with how well they took care of him that day. Margaret was amazing she helped us plan all details of our wedding up to the day. The food was delicious all of our guests raved about it, and despite the heat many of them said it was one of the best weddings they have been to. If you are looking to get married in the Hudson Valley the Grand View is a must! We waiting two years to have it and it was absolutely worth the wait.

2016-10-03T15:40:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review. We enjoyed working with you for the 2 years of planning. Congratulations on the big day and thank you for letting us be a part of it.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Christina C

THE GRANDVIEW MADE MY WEDDING UNFORGETTABLE! For the biggest and best day of your life - choose this venue!!!! I could go on forever about the wonderful service that was provided to my family and I for our special day. I had an October 2016 wedding in the Grand Ballroom (indoor... Read More ballroom) and it was the quintessential definition of wedding elegance. The facilities themselves are fabulous, we had access to a wrap around deck outside of the cocktail hour space which had stunning views of the Hudson River with all of the fall foliage at its peak! My guests were in shock of how beautiful it was!!! The service was spectacular - the bartenders, waiters, cooks, everyone was ON POINT, professional and so sweet. In particular, Victor and Sonja catering to myself and my husband throughout the night. They knew exactly what to do, how to make us feel comfortable and not stressed because they were constantly making sure we were hydrated, happy, and they gave us a sense of confidence that they were going to make our night the best night ever. Victor took us through the reception area before the guests came in and setup all of the events - the introductions, the transition into the first dance, cake cutting, everything so all we had to do was have a great time. Sonja also was superb, she even helped many times before the cocktail hour even started and went down to the waterfront with the bridal party for pictures and made sure the train on my gown always looked good in the pictures. She was so pleasant and I felt so secure knowing she had my back so I looked good at all angles in front of my guests, even making sure my bustle was ok! Its also worth mentioning that Shadows on the Hudson, which is next-door, is also a fabulous restaurant and because I had a few hours in between my ceremony and cocktail hour, many guests went there in the meantime for some drinks and had a wonderful time. Now, the food is incredible.. SIMPLY INCREDIBLE! And theres no shortage of it, and whatever you want! For mine I had a wonderful pasta course, salad course, delicious entrees, followed by the wedding cake and Viennese extravaganza. People are still commenting on their Viennese - its not the same old chocolate fountain either... Fresh filled cannoli station, campfire s'mores station, mile high cakes, french and Italian pastries, crepe station, hot zepoles, milkshakes, root beer floats and yes... apple cider doughnuts! I asked Margaret about the doughnuts prior to the wedding and if I could get rid of something else to have the doughnuts instead and she said "OH NO! If you want doughnuts, then you're getting doughnuts! Its whatever you want". That was an awesome moment. But all and all the Grandview made planning super simple, they have monthly tastings so you can sample the food and its like a mini wedding in itself! Each step of the way from picking the table linens to the menus, and dropping of the accessories like the card box and toasting flutes, everything was professionally handled with care and executed to perfection. Thanks to the Grandview I had the perfect wedding. The only thing I was sad about is that I did not see the woman who made it all happen for my wedding, the events manager Margaret! Please know you are so fantastic, beyond words and I could not be happier for the lifelong memories I created at the Grandview!! <3

2016-12-18T08:25:52 Response from the vendor

This review touched on all angles that we offer. Thank you for the detailed review on your wedding day. The Viennese Spectacular really is amazing and we are glad you loved the moment. Please come visit with us anytime.

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Kathleen K

Our wedding day was absolutely spectacular as a result of the superior service provided by the Grandview. Throughout the planning process Margaret was there to answer every question we could possibly think of. On the day of, Victor and Debbie took care of every minute detail,... Read More and walked us through the venue to ensure it met our expectations. The staff is very attentive whether its making sure your drink gets filled when it’s getting low or making sure you have each type of food from your cocktail hour, you are in good hands. The in-house bakery did a gorgeous job designing our cake. The venue was beautiful, the service was impeccable, and the food was delicious! We wish we could relive our wedding day just to enjoy the venue one more time!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Kim D

The Grandview is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! We had our wedding in the ballroom in August. They take care of every small detail and truly cater to you the entire day. Everything was beautiful, the service was impeccable, and the food was delicious! Highly Recommended!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Karly D

Our wedding day was absolutely spectacular. There are no amount of words that can describe how amazing the Grandview is. You want this event here!!! They think of every little detail. We are so thankful to have had our wedding here!!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Jen F

There are not words to express how amazing the staff, food, and environment is at the Grandview. Margaret was with us every step of the way helping us plan and the service on the night of the wedding was the best service I have ever received (and I have been in the industry for... Read More 7 years). The food was impeccable and Debbie and Sonia made sure I had everything I could ever ask for, they even brought me flip flops when I ditched my heels!! Everyone has expressed how wonderful and amazing the food was, and we were able to cut our left over filet with a butter knife!! Thank you for making my wedding day everything I ever imagined!❤️ Jennifer Lamm

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Barbara Jean M

I can not recommend the Grandview enough. We got married there last night and everything was phenomenal. The staff are so friendly and attentive, the food is amazing, and the views are breathtaking. I wish I could relive our wedding over and over. Thank you so much for making... Read More our day so so special.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Danielle D

We could not say enough good things about the Grandview!! From our first visit, to the end of the wedding day, we were consistently blown away by the level of service, care, delicious food, absolutely gorgeous setting, and did we say delicious food? We spent countless hours and... Read More miles in our car searching for the perfect wedding venue option. The moment we walked in, our jaws dropped and excitement set in. We were planning a wedding from out of state, and they helped us through the process. They coach you through each step, providing clear instructions and helpful lists, giving you an idea of what the day looks like, what is expected from you, and what they are doing as well. The wedding couple gets treated like royalty for a day, with someone always caring for you, helping you, filling your drink, making sure you have food, helping with timing of when to walk down the aisle, I mean everything. It takes the stress of the wedding day out - and you can simply enjoy the best day of your life. They make it more than just a hired venue and service. They take the time, care, and attention to not just meet the expectations, but make sure you are happy. On a day filled with emotion, weight, and importance in your life, they get that. We were in disbelief with the food. The options and stations and ideas are fun, creative, classy, and sure to be a WOW factor to your guests. We had a GORGEOUS cake done for us, and it matched perfectly to the photo inspiration we provided. The scenery and setting, is unbeatable. It is also cost effective for what you get. We created so many pricing, pros and cons lists, but Grandview was the best. Lastly, we would like to thank all staff, from the bottom of our hearts, for all the hard work that was put in to make our day what it was. It wouldn't have been the same anywhere else. We could not tell you how many of our guests said it was the best wedding they ever attended in their life. Here's to many more happy couples being married there!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Katie L

I couldn't have been happier in our choice in picking The Grandview for our wedding reception. Margaret and Melissa were both amazing to work with throughout the scheduling process and leading up to the day of the wedding. The staff was attentive and helpful the second we walked... Read More through the door on the day of. Victor and Caitlin were the ones that assisted me throughout the day, and I cannot say enough about how helpful they were. Caitlin helped me so much with my dress, bouquet, and my sanity during the photography session when we first arrived, and Victor truly made the whole experience at the venue a great one for my husband and I. The rest of the staff was amazing, the food was great, the views are amazing. We got a lot of compliments from family and friends regarding the food, and the overall experience. Thank you Grandview!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Melissa W

This venue is amazing! All our guests are still raving about the wedding and how perfect everything was. From the food to the service everything was great! Our Maitre d’ Scott was absolutely superb and help us when we needed. We had a last minute change in our wedding party and... Read More he made sure to relay the information to our DJ so that the introductions were accurate. My favorite thing about this venue aside from the gorgeous view was the service. From working with our coordinator Margret to our suite attendant Sonia, we were treated like royalty and so were our guests. Nothing less of perfection! My only complaint is that the night ended at 10:30pm. I didn’t want it to end! Thank you to all the staff at the Grandview! Love, Melissa and Jeremy

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Jen L

The Grandview was the MOST perfect, beautiful, and amazing venue for my husband and myself! WOW WOW WOW!! I can't stop raving about the beauty of the view, the food and decor, the price and ofcourse the people who work there!! From the moment we saw the venue online to the day... Read More we met with Margaret (we love her) to our wedding day, we knew we picked the BEST venue !!! Words cannot describe how incredible our special day was because they made is smooth, effortless, seamless and truly magical. They are soooo friendly, caring, positive, and professional! They do this business right!! Doing business with this venue made me what to change my career because they look like the loveeeeee what they do! Haha. The first day we visited Margaret, she answered all the questions I had written down before I could even ask them. They do such an amazing job they take all the work away from you and they handle it!! On the day of our wedding, the attendant was one of the nicest and most helpful people I could have ever imagined. Sonia was at my beck and call every step of the way, which is not who I am or even expected but boy what it really needed. She knew what most brides go through or what they are feeling and needing throughout the wedding and I don't know if I could have done it without her. I was not able to eat much but she had food by my side, water and orange juice when I felt light headed, had flip flops waiting for me, put my hair back because I was sweating..etc. all the little details and small gestures were the most important to me and us. Please consider the Grandview for your special day, you won't regret it!!! Our family and friends can't stop talking about this venue either!! We love The Grandview and would love to do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Courtney W

Our wedding was in June and it was the most amazing day ever!! We worked with Melissa and Gaby during the planning process and they were so awesome! I would email them constantly with questions and ideas and they always answered so quickly and were so helpful!! The day of our... Read More Maitre D was Victor and our wedding attendant Debbie were the best! They were so attentive and helpful! Always making sure we had a drink making sure we stopped and ate!! We unfortunately didn’t get to do much eating during the cocktail, we barely made it past the entrance but when we went back to our suite before the reception Debbie and Victor had fully stocked it was samples from the cocktail hour and we were so happy!! Everyone still talks about how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food was!! Could bot have asked for a better wedding day!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Alyssa S

We had the most amazing time. The staff, the food, the atmosphere was above and beyond. Thank you for the incredible memories. We will forever be grateful for you making our day so special

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Mary V

I wish I could give the Grandview more than 5 stars! They are an absolutely INCREDIBLE wedding venue!!! We had our wedding in the outdoor ballroom, and the view and ambiance was absolutely breathtaking. We planned the wedding long-distance from Nevada, without a wedding planner,... Read More and the staff at Grandview made long-distance planning seem like a breeze! They are so responsive, and they go above and beyond to make sure every detail is perfect. They set up our decorations perfectly, and even added little touches that matched our colors. The food was amazing, especially the cocktail hour!!! So much delicious food. My husband and I were so busy talking to guests during the cocktail hour, but when we went back to our suite, they had made us a plate of each appetizer to have. Angel and Sonya checked in on us throughout the night and made sure my husband and I were always taken care of. I highly recommend the Grandview!! They will make the planning and your actual wedding day stress-free, enjoyable, and amazing.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Amanda P

The Grandview was the absolute best on our wedding day. The entire staff made sure everything went perfectly and that we had nothing to worry about. Our Maitre D, Victor, was amazing and our personal waitress, Sonya, made sure we had everything we ever needed. I cannot say... Read More enough good things and could not thank the grandview staff enough for everything!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Stephanie B

The Grandview was absolutely spectacular! I can't speak highly enough about the staff! From all the guidance and support I received from Melissa Baez and Margeret Bower to the staff the day of the wedding. You truly do not need to worry about a single thing the day of your... Read More wedding - they will take care of you. My Husband and I looked at many vendors up and down NY state as our family is split across the state (Western NY and NYC). When we visited The Grandview I immediately felt like Melissa understood what we were looking in a wedding venue. She helped us every step of the way and answered every question we had! Melissa ended up leaving on maternity leave just a few months before our wedding. I was nervous since I had only really worked with her the during my year of planning. As you can expect, Margaret picked up right where Melissa left off and didn't miss a beat!! It was fabulous!! The venue is absolutely gorgeous!! If you have the opportunity to go to a tasting or a wedding show at the venue I would highly recommend it (they are a lot of fun and a great way to see what venue)! Our wedding day was perfect. The cocktail hour is like nothing I have seen before. The guest raved about all the food and how spectacularly it was presented! Dinner was amazing - well prepared and very timely. Although there were MANY desserts options, we chose a few of the options but my husband and I chose to create our own spectacular desserts options too. The team was so accommodating. We had Greek and Italian pastries, cookies, ice cream bar, cannoli filling station, Groomsman cake and so much more! They made our vision come true beyond belief. Our guests continue to RAVE about the wedding, presentation and perfect professionalism of everyone at The Grandview. I even had a few family members that live 4+ hours away from the venue for their contact information because they loved the service SO much. We had the time of our life at our wedding!! We could not be happier with all the lovely memories we have from our special day! Thank you so much, everyone, at The Grandview! Love, Stephanie & Andrei Romei

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Jaclyn M

My husband and I have nothing but amazing things to say about Margaret, Melissa, and the entire staff at The Grandview. Our wedding day was beyond perfect, our guests have said that it was "the best wedding ever" and couldn't rave enough about the food, scenery, and service.... Read More From initial booking to the day of our wedding, we were guided through every step to make the entire wedding planning process extremely less stressful. Anyone who is looking for a reception venue MUST consider The Grandview or miss out on having the best wedding ever!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Laura S

My husband and I got married in the grand ballroom of The Grandview on July 3rd, 2017. Being Marist College graduates, my husband and I knew we wanted to get married back where we met. The Grandview was where we had our first kiss at my senior formal. The day we went to fist... Read More look at the Grandview we received a tour from Mike Post (who is no longer there). He was extremely personable and informative. He was able to answer all of our questions. We came back the following weekend with my parents and Mike again gave us a wonderful tour and answered all of my parents' questions. The months and weeks leading up to our wedding were easy and stress-free because of the wonderful staff there. During our tasting, Margaret helped answer so many of our questions and gave us advice on outside vendors. The week before the wedding, I met with Janelle to go over all the final details, drop off all of our items and pay our final bill. She helped ease my last minute stress as I handed over all the details I had worked so hard on. The day of our wedding was absolutely wonderful and everything went off without a hitch. The maître d' and head waiter where there whenever we needed them and had the bridal suite filled with delicious food and drinks for us between our cocktail hour and reception. The food and cake was absolutely delicious and we had numerous guests tell us that it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to. The Grandview made all of our dreams possible and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. Thank you to everyone there. You made our wedding day a day our guests and we will never forget.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Kelly F

Everything about the Grandview was amazing. They are a very professional staff who knows what needs to be done to make the bride and groom feel great. They provided delicious food for all guest including specialized meals for guest with food allergies. The venue itself is... Read More beautiful and they make sure to keep up to date and in great shape. Couldn't say enough nice things about the Grandview and its staff!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Melissa L

We got married on the 10th of June and we couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding. The Grandview went above and beyond to make sure that every little detail was perfect! They handled everything for my husband and I and made sure that we were having the time of... Read More our lives! Thank you so much for making our day so special and perfect!!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Tara P

My husband and I got married on June 24th at this outstanding venue. All evening I kept saying " I cannot wait to write my review of The Grandview". This venue EXCEEDED our expectations. Our wedding was truly a fairytale and we owe so much of that to this venue. We booked... Read More this venue with Margaret in September of 2015. It seemed so far away but she insisted the wait would be worth it and she was SO right. She was an absolute pleasure to work with from Day 1. She walked us through the entire process and was just so helpful. She responded to every email so quickly and answered any question we had for her. She also recommended the best vendors in the area. We also worked with Melissa at times who was just as wonderful. They helped us to choose our entire menu (there is so much to choose from) and decide on each of the extra details. I am really going to miss emailing with them! The week before our wedding, we dropped off lots of decor and things to help create the vision and theme we wanted for our wedding. The Grandview took detailed notes on everything we brought in and exactly how we wanted it. My husband and I had a first look so I arrived to the venue before he did. When I arrived, they brought my bridal party and I to the bridal suite where we were greeted by two amazing people! Our maitre'd, Victor and our wedding attendant, Debbie. They so pleasantly welcomed me and gave me some details I would need to know. They even helped to facilitate the first look! After our first look it was time for the ceremony and Victor and Debbie made sure everything went perfectly for my husband and I. They were such a calming presence! The ceremony was the most magical part of the evening for us! After the ceremony, we were immediately greeted and congratulated by Margaret. That was so special to us! Our cocktail hour began and oh my goodness it was GORGEOUS. The Grandview staff set up all our decor perfectly. The room was filled with these incredible stations and the waitstaff walked around with more delicious food! Our guests absolutely loved our cocktail hour! We wanted so badly to walk around but we didn't get passed the entrance as many of our guests stopped us to say how beautiful everything was. An hour later, the reception began and my guests could not believe they would be getting a 4 course meal after all that! Through out the night, our guests thoroughly enjoyed the food, the dancing, and of course the magnificent view. In fact, at one point we looked outside and noticed so many people taking photos with the flawless hudson river back drop. Debbie and Victor were beyond attentive to my husband and I. Our drinks were never empty and our food was never taken away even though we barely sat. They made us feel so special and always went above and beyond throughout the night! Debbie even helped bustle my dress! In addition to that, the Grandview staff is also exceptional! So many of my guests came to tell us that the waitstaff treated them so well! At the end of the event, Victor and Debbie insisted I enjoy speaking to my guests while they carefully made sure all of my decor and items were packed up. I really cannot say enough wonderful things about the two of them! Everyone working at this venue takes such pride in their work with so much attention to detail. My husband and I loved every minute of our wedding and are dying to see the pictures so we can relive it again and again! This venue is phenomenal and we cannot recommend it enough!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Shaina A

We had the BEST wedding ever here. The service, food, view was impeccable. I could not imagine choosing any other venue to get married in the Hudson Valley. Victor and Sonya were amazing. Very attentive and were there to help. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Amber T

The Grandview is a magical venue to have a wedding. From the decor to the staff they made my day super special and unforgettable. Everything was perfect. Thank you to the Grandview and staff.

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 June M

We were privileged to celebrate our daughter’s wedding in the outdoor ballroom of the Grandview this past Saturday. We had looked at other venues, but from the moment we first stepped into the outdoor ballroom and adjacent outdoor ceremony space, even though it was the dead of... Read More winter, our daughter and future son-in-law knew that this would be the perfect venue for them. Margaret, along with Melissa and the rest of the Grandview staff were as friendly, knowledgeable and professional as it gets. They made the whole planning process a breeze and were so helpful and accommodating. Additionally, we relied on Margaret’s recommendations for vendors, and they were great as well. We provided a number of items to be placed at various locations for the wedding. When we walked into the space we were blown away at how beautifully and creatively everything had been set up, not to mention the million-dollar view as a backdrop. All of our guests raved about the food, the service, the cake, everything. Many told us this was the best wedding they had ever been to. We also want to note that Sonia was terrific and her attention to detail was amazing. Angel, our Maître D’ and his staff were fantastic and so attentive in the nicest way. How thrilling to know you have given your child the wedding of her dreams.

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Mary B

Can't even begin to express how impressed I was with the Grandview every step of the way. Margaret, who helped us plan every detail up to the day-of, was so on top of her game and responded to every e-mail within minutes. On the day of the wedding, every tiny detail was perfect.... Read More In fact, they exceeded our expectations. I had my own personal wedding attendant who was so sweet and attentive and catered to my every need, and my husband had the Maitre D' doing the same. My parents were also taken special care of. These guys run a tight ship; they know what they are doing. My reception was in the outdoor ballroom, and it was a stunningly beautiful night. I can't thank them enough for giving us a perfect reception that all my guests are still raving about!!!