Book Your Wedding with The Guild KC

A BALLROOM IN KANSAS CITY, MO

The Guild in Kansas City, Missouri, is a vintage-inspired industrial-chic venue for ceremonies and receptions. In the heart of the Creative Crossroads district, the Guild embodies a hip, creative vibe conducive to both indoor and outdoor ceremonies. The Guild's ballroom is a spectacular space for a first dance under a dazzling chandelier, while outside, couples can enjoy a private lawn reception. Because the location already exudes so much charm, additional decor is optional. Couples who seek an artsy space with lots of character find the Guild doesn't disappoint.

makes a stunning impression at first glance. Its focal point is a 12-foot vintage 1930s chandelier. The high domed ceilings with exposed wood panels paired with the vintage brick walls offer a mix of contemporary and historic. The room also has floor to ceiling subway tile and a wood and marble bar.

next door to the main ballroom is home to creative artists, including directors and designers. It is not available until after hours, when it becomes an atmospheric cocktail reception space. It shares the architectural elements of the ballroom with the addition of a black metal stairway.

is a manicured lawn bordered by a wooden fence in the middle of the city. At over 6,500 square feet, it can accommodate ceremonies or receptions. Add some stringed lights for a beautiful nighttime reception under the stars.

Couples must purchase a bar package through the Guild and can select their catering options from a list of exclusive recommended caterers. The ballroom offers an open floor plan and can easily accommodate live bands. For those couples who seek a lively dance floor, the polished cement floor can be used as is. Add some party lighting, and the space transforms into a club-like atmosphere.

Couples should look into hiring vendors for floral arrangements, music and additional furniture. Consider hiring for event lighting, which can elevate the space to a whole new dimension of elegance.

The rental costs cover the following amentites.

• A dressing area for the bridal party
  • Chairs and tables
  • Use of furniture for lounge area
  • Catering kitchen
  • Security

Additional services that are available at the Guild, some for a fee, include the following perks.

• Event coordination services for planning and for the wedding day
  • Professional bartenders
  • Setup and teardown
  • On-site parking

A unique event space in the Kansas City Crossroads

The Guild is a unique venue filled with elegance and vintage charm. Featuring timeless architecture, a dazzling chandelier and a secluded garden, perfect for ceremonies or cocktail receptions. The Guild is undeniably the place to create your one-of-a-kind celebration. Please contact us so we can be a part of your big day!

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Museum, Park

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1621 Locust Street, Kansas City, MO (816) 471-8550

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Leyia C

We had our ceremony and reception at The Guild....BEST DAY EVER!!! Working with Stephanie was an absolute pleasure! As an out of town couple we heavily relied on email and phone communication. Stephanie was very accommodating to us on that matter. Every question was... Read More answered quickly and efficiently. Stephanie helped us create our layout for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception as backup plan in the event that it rained. Of course, it did rain and we needed to use the backup plan! Although we were a little bummed that we couldn't have our ceremony outside as planned (through no fault of The Guild), Stephanie worked together with our vendors and helped execute both a ceremony and reception better than we could've ever imagined! Our guests loved the venue! We received many compliments on the ambiance of the venue and of course the chandelier. We have absolutely no regrets or complaints!

2017-06-06T09:34:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! I enjoyed working with you both so much! Congrats again from The Guild!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Callie J

We love love love The Guild! It has always been one of my favorite venues in Kansas City and am so happy we were lucky enough to have our wedding there. The space is beautiful - both indoor and out - and our guests would not stop raving about it! Stephanie was great to work with... Read More and made the process super easy/seamless. We can't wait for the pictures!!

2017-08-03T08:14:45 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you guys had such a memorable evening!! I have heard wonderful reviews from guests that attended this wedding as well. Thanks for being so easy to work with!! Cheers to you both!

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Megan N

We loved our wedding reception at the Guild, it was everything and more that we had imagined. We initially chose the venue because of the location and the amazing chandelier but we got very lucky being able to work with Neile and Stephanie to plan our big day. They were very... Read More responsive to my questions leading up to the wedding and I felt very at ease during the entire process. The bartending staff were professional and our guests had nothing but positive things to say. I would highly recommend the Guild for any special occasion, it is definitely a venue that makes guests say WOW!

2017-06-06T09:35:57 Response from the vendor

Megan, thank you for the great review! You guys were so sweet and we wish you nothing but the best!

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 Erin A

The Guild was a fantastic place for our wedding . reception. The event space is beautiful by itself, but once everything was set up, it was magical. We got married on an extremely cold night so we couldn't take advantage of the garden, but it was still an amazing venue. The bar... Read More is beautiful and the chandelier is breathtaking. Stephanie was super easy to work with throughout the process and was very responsive to any phone calls or emails. We got married over a holiday, and she still let us come in and drop off some boxes a few days before the event so we wouldn't have to transport as much on the day of our wedding. All of the staff were great, and the bar was humming all night long. I would 1000% recommend using the Guild and Stephanie, it makes for a beautiful venue and the process is facilitated by such good staff!

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Molly B

My husband and I were married on NYE 2017 and had our reception at The Guild. From day one, Stephanie was super friendly, accommodating and easy to work with... which in the wedding industry is not always the case! She was always quick to respond and gave us straight-forward,... Read More honest answers. She also went above and beyond to make sure we could visualize our details in the space when we had an in-person visit. We added a separate bar, a stage, moving tables, a champagne entry - all of our special requests were executed flawlessly. The bar package is the best we found in town, for the best price. Everything about the Guild was just simple and straightforward... there weren't a bunch of ridiculous caveats, rules and restrictions that you find a lot of places. Plus... that chandelier. The space is just gorgeous with a mixture of modern and classic details - it's very easy to build a vision from such a clean but beautiful starting point. The lighting creates a lovely ambiance across the room. We were also completely in love with the large wooden bar in the center of the room. We would get married here again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Haley J

The Guild is AMAZING! The minute I stepped inside to tour I knew that this was the perfect fit. Not only is the venue stunning, but the staff, the bar packages and the amenities were beyond compare. All night and for weeks after my husband and I received praise that it was the... Read More best wedding ever and I think that is mostly in part of the Guild. A special shout out to Stephanie who did a lot of the behind the scene work ahead of time to make sure our day ran as smoothly as possible. Go with the Guild...you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Catherine J

The Guild is THE BEST venue in KC. I have been to so many other venues as a guest, The Guild included, and I knew the moment I attended another wedding there that I had to have my reception there as well. Stephanie was such a pleasure to work with for our December 2017 wedding.... Read More She was so organized during the entire planning process which made things very easy - especially since I was planning our wedding from Chicago. Everything from their staff, the bar (!!!), the parking situation, etc. made our day so perfect. We are still getting compliments on how cool the space is. All of our guests had a blast! To any bride/groom who are venue hunting - definitely give The Guild a call. You will not be disappointed!

2018-01-04T17:57:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you Catherine! You guys were SO much fun to work with. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness. Can't wait to see your photos!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 RACHEL K

I chose the Guild for its simplicity and wow factor -- yes, it has both!! And, an extremely attentive and fun event manager to boot! Stephanie was the bomb in checking in with me to make sure we had everything we needed leading up to our big day. The tables and chairs were... Read More perfectly set by the time our coordinator arrived to set up the rest! We received *glowing* compliments on the natural romantic ambiance of the space! If you book the Guild, you hardly need to decorate -- the space speaks for itself, especially at night! The bartenders were done up in professional button downs and served our guests efficiently and happily, and always made sure I was taken care of as the bride! We can't say enough about the Guild team, absolutely top notch and stunning!!!! - Rachel & Tucker

2017-12-04T16:50:09 Response from the vendor

Congrats to you guys from everyone at The Guild! So happy we could be a part of such a big day for you two. I say this in a lot of my responses, but it is a team effort and The Guild Team really is... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Nicole B

Where do I begin?! I couldn’t have asked for a better venue than The Guild. It set the perfect tone for the evening, and Stephanie was exceptional from the initial meeting to the end of the event. She was incredibly detail oriented, quick to respond, and kind to work with. She... Read More made the planning process a breeze by going out of her way to provide ideas, offer resources and ensure that all of my requests were met, all while staying calm cool and collected. :) The Guild was everything I hoped for in a venue!

2017-12-04T16:46:33 Response from the vendor

I'm blushing over here!! Haha. Congrats again! Truly LOVED your wedding, stunning all the way around. So glad I could provide ideas and help to you guys to make it as stress free as possible. That is always our goal. I cannot wait to get... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Michaela M

I knew when I first started looking at wedding venues that the Guild was the absolute perfect spot! It is seriously unlike any other in the city and the price is very affordable for what you are getting in return. Stephanie was an absolute gem to work with and her staff was very... Read More attentive and extremely professional. If you are looking for a unique space and you want your ceremony and reception in the same location, YOUR SEARCH IS OVER, THIS IS YOUR VENUE!

2017-12-04T16:43:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words Michaela!! You guys were fantastic and I am so happy you loved the space so much. We kind of like it too. :) My staff really is the best in town and I will pass along the review to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Brooke S

We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding ceremony and reception! Stephanie and her team were amazing throughout the entire planning process. Stephanie was quick to answer all of our questions via email, and she made sure that all coordination leading up to our... Read More big day was flawless. Stephanie put together a layout for our reception as well as a back up rain plan in the event that it rained during our outdoor ceremony. We ended up having to use the rain plan, but the transition to an indoor ceremony was seamless. We had several guests tell us they never would have known that the ceremony was supposed to be outside (even though chairs were literally being moved inside minutes before guests arrived as a random storm rolled in!). I am a very Type A person who needs everything to be organized and planned out down to the tiniest detail, and Stephanie and her staff beyond exceeded my perfectionist needs! Let's also talk about how gorgeous The Guild is - I mean that chandelier though. My favorite thing about the venue is that a bride could literally walk in, not decorate a single thing, and the entire ceremony/reception would still be stunning. From the brick wall to the awesome built in bar to the trendy white submarine tile, the place is to die for. If you are a bride looking for a KC venue with amazing aesthetic and even more amazing staff, The Guild is the place!

2017-12-04T16:39:52 Response from the vendor

Brooke- Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are so happy that our staff and The Hitched Team could pull off your indoor ceremony with that freak storm. Your photos turned out BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats again from everyone here at The Guild. You were... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Linda K

From day one, The Guild was an absolute dream. Everyone working there was incredibly attentive, transparent and extremely helpful. Working with Stephanie and her team was so easy and made the day so smooth. There was nothing to worry about and no detail was missed thanks to this... Read More team and venue! I had so many of our family and friends rave about the location and how stunning it was, a perfect setting for a wedding. We had a wedding of 130 and it was the perfect space, I can't imagine having my wedding anywhere else. The bridal suite was perfect for our bridal party of 14 with a private bathroom. Everyone who worked with us was given attention by the team at The Guild and everyone including guests felt very taken care of and welcomed. I would pick The Guild every single time. There was nothing to worry about, there was nothing that went wrong, and our photos are stunning!

2017-12-04T16:35:44 Response from the vendor

We would pick YOU every single time!! :) Thank you so much for the review. And thanks for being easy to work with. Congrats again to you and Joe!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Jill N

Couldn't have been happier with our decision to marry at The Guild this past weekend. Not only is the venue breathtaking (seriously.. our guests are STILL talking about it) but Stephanie her team were professional, friendly, and organized which was helpful and made everything so... Read More stress free! I would recommend to any KC bride!

2017-10-09T09:42:51 Response from the vendor

Thanks Jill! We loved having you and all of your out of town guests. I always love to wow people who are not from KC. Thanks for choosing us to share your big day. So happy for you and Justin!! Wishing you guys the best!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Taylar S

This is a must! If you are in KC this is the most beautiful and unique place to host an event. The event space made for a present surprise for out guests. The outside of the venue is very subtile. however when guests enter, they are greeted with an elaborate and luxurious... Read More interior. Centered in this space is a large antique chandelier that gives the room a warm feeling, and lovely garden in the back of the venue. Stephanie was great to work with! She was very responsive and has the great ability to ensure you feel comfortable about your event. She was able to provide a number of recommendations for local vendors and touches that we hadn't thought of. The venue set the stage for our beautiful wedding.

2017-10-05T12:58:13 Response from the vendor

Taylar- we are so happy that you were able to have the wedding of your dreams here in our space. Also, thanks for being so organized and kind throughout the planning. Wishing you guys the best!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Stacey S

We knew we wanted to have our reception here from the first moment we saw it working a charity event a few years ago. We had seen them how effortless it was to deal with the employees as well as the uniqueness and beauty of the venue! Even though event managers changed in the... Read More middle of our planning process nothing was missed and the switch in people was not an issue at all! Stephanie was easy to work with and responded to emails quicker than I expected every time. She jumped right in when she took over. As soon as we were seated the day of our reception she brought over our preferred drinks for both of us and told us to relax and enjoy the night. We heard nothing but great things about the venue and the staff! We might just have to have anniversary parties just to be able to have another event at The Guild KC!

2017-09-19T14:05:09 Response from the vendor

Stacey- we are so happy your big day here was exactly as you pictured. We want to make sure each wedding is stress free for the bride and groom. I do hope we can work together again in the future, we'd be happy to have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Sheena M

We had our ceremony and reception here and it was absolutely stunning. We found out that it was going to rain on our day (our ceremony was supposed to be outside) but Stephanie was quick to help my coordinator come up with an alternate plan & it was amazing. The staff was... Read More nothing but helpful and never seemed as though they were bothered by us and the questions we may have had. Everything went smoothly and our guest were in awe of the space and the chandelier. We would 100% recommend this venue for anyone!!! Thank you to the guild for making our day a memorable one.

2017-09-19T13:57:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind review!! I was so happy we were able to plan around the rain and make your indoor ceremony beautiful! Thanks again for choosing The Guild, we wish you nothing but the best!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Laura L

Stephanie and her team were amazing to work with and executed everything flawlessly for our wedding day!! We were updated throughout the entire planning period. Highly recommend this venue!!

2017-09-19T14:01:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you Laura! We had a rockstar vendor team that night as well. So happy you guys had such a great experience. Congrats again!!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Allison M

We had such an amazing experience working with the Guild. They were super easy to work with and very accommodating, not to mention gorgeous. When we started looking for a venue we had a very large guest list (400ish). After seeing this venue and how beautiful it was we cut down... Read More our guest list in order to have our reception there because we loved it so much! It truly looked amazing. We had an open bar through the Guild and my guest raved about how amazing the bartenders were. We had a full room (around 275 guest) and no one waited more than five minutes for a drink. Having our reception at the Guild was a great decision!!

2017-09-19T14:03:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review!! So happy we made the large guest count work for your big day! Our bartenders really are amazing and we are so happy your guests had a great time. Congrats again! Wishing you the best!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Kate B

The Guild is beautiful. Stephanie was incredible to work with and always answered any questions that I had within what seemed like minutes. They also have a great bar package. It is incredibly extensive for the price. I can't say one bad thing about the Guild.

2017-08-23T15:59:44 Response from the vendor

Kate- Thank you for the very sweet review! We are so happy for you guys & thank you for being easy to work with. I hope you are enjoying married life. * We also love our bar packages- we are crowd pleasers over here! :)

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Sara G

The guild is a beautiful venue! I was extremely happy with my experience here! The only reason I say 4 instead of 5 stars is due to a few small inconveniences. First, we were unable to get into the guild until 2 pm on the day of the event. This meant my live floral centerpieces... Read More were hauled from my house to my downtown hotel, to the 10th floor to my hotel room so they were t left in a hot car, back down to my vehicle right before 2, driven to the guild at 2 & finally able to be set up a few hours before the event. Unfortunately, this was a huge pain to deal with on the day of my wedding. Not to mention, 2 o'clock was a very busy time of the day to get in to decorate as I was getting ready for a 5 o'clock ceremony. Unfortunately this probably cost me some pre-ceremony time with our photographer & getting some pictures I wanted as I was working on the venue or dealing with hauling centerpieces around. Lastly, the head table was not cleaned when we got there at 2 to decorate. There were salad pieces and candle wax, etc found on the head table from the event the night before. But as we were in a time crunch, we had to go ahead & decorate the head table. Now, that being said, the venue was gorgeous & the staff, especially Stephanie, was extremely helpful! She responded promptly to all my questions leading up to the event & offered great ideas and suggestions to help the day go smoothly! I would not have wanted our wedding to be anywhere else & would absolutely recommend the guild to anyone!

2017-06-06T09:38:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review Sara, you were very easy to work with and we appreciate that! So sorry the time was an issue for you. We will take your feedback to better our events. Congrats to you and Justin! Your pictures were stunning!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Julian H

The Guild is a beautiful place! I have wanted to get married in this space ever since I first saw it and it was absolutely perfect. All of our guests loved the space and had such a great time! Stephanie was absolutely amazing to work with. She was extremely responsive and... Read More honestly just fun to work with. My husband and I felt taken care of by Stephanie and the rest of the staff at The Guild and we didn't have anything to worry about on our wedding day. I can't recommend this venue enough for anyone interested. We loved it and we loved working with Stephanie!

2017-06-06T09:42:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review Julian! I feel like Marsha, Marsha, Marsha, :) Please note, I couldn't do any of this without my great staff! We are really happy you had such a wonderful experience. Congrats again to you and Jon, I truly enjoyed working... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Megan M

The venue is beautiful. The staff was very receptive leading up to the day of the ceremony. The let down was the day of the wedding. The staff did not communicate with us in a timely manner that the ceremony needed to be moved indoors. Also, the staff did not prepare the venue... Read More for the indoor wedding even though we were told the decision had been made by staff much earlier in the day. Last call was made at 10:30 even though we booked the venue until 11:30. Our cake table was not moved to under the chandelier even though we were told it would be taken care of. We conveyed these problems to the venue and no compensation was offered.

2017-03-30T10:50:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing The Guild! We are very sorry that you feel as if your experience was less than perfect. We hold our staff and our event space to very high standards to make sure each bride and groom have a great experience. We... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Mary J

The Guild was a great place to have a reception. Neile was so helpful and flexible throughout the process of planning. They were willing to work with me having an alcohol-free reception. They worked so well with my other vendors. They have no hidden fees, and their prices are... Read More great. There is ample lot parking right next to the building. The venue is so beautiful. The chandelier is gorgeous. Their head tables are a cool, industrial wood with iron legs. The bathrooms are clean with atmosphere. The garden is beautiful with hanging lights. My only complaint is that they had a different coordinator at the reception because Neile was out on maternity leave. I had arranged rental pickups for the following Monday, which Neile had approved. During the reception there was some confusion about when those would be picked up, (there was another event at The Guild the next day) and the other coordinator asked me about it. I told her Neile had okay-ed it and they let it go. So a minor breakdown in communication, but overall the day ran VERY smoothly, much better than when my sisters got married at other venues in KC. I wish I could go back and experience the day again!

2017-06-06T09:43:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review, Mary! I know this is overdue. We hope you are doing well and we wish you guys nothing but the best!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Jessie B

My husband and I got married at The Guild this December and we could not have had a better experience. Neile and Stephanie made the whole process so easy (sending me table layouts, dealing with our last minute changes, etc.), and the bartenders and staff were absolutely... Read More wonderful. The space itself is gorgeous (that chandelier!), and it makes designing a wedding that much easier. Thank you to everyone at The Guild!

2017-06-06T09:37:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I know this response is overdue, we hope you guys are doing well! Congrats again from The Guild!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Brooke K

My husband and I had our reception at The Guild in mid-October. We absolutely fell in love with the venue, but we fell even more in love with it during the process of working with the staff. The vendors were very helpful and always willing to answer questions and meet with us if... Read More we needed clarification. The day of the wedding ran extremely smoothly with the help from the Guild employees. They did a fabulous job helping us with our reception, and I would highly recommend this venue space.

Meet The Manager

Stephanie Hotujec

Stephanie is the GM/Event Coordinator for The Guild. She makes sure your big day goes off without a hitch. She has a background in marketing, catering/rental as well as event/wedding planning. She also has a great support staff including event manager and bartenders who help make sure your day is perfect. Please contact Stephanie with any questions you may have! In her free time she enjoys watching sports, remodeling her house and brunching.