The H Hotel

Midland, MI

Perfectly beautiful weddings start at the H

When choosing an exquisite venue, look no further than the H Hotel in Downtown Midland. Whether a formal ballroom affair or a more casual outdoor event, our staff will provide unparalleled service and attention to detail.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Hotel

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

111 West Main Street, Midland, MI

Great Venue

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Sarajane S

We had our reception here on May 2nd, 2015. Megan, the wedding coordinator, was so easy to work with. She was incredibly helpful and super easy to contact and get ahold of. I emailed her constantly, and she always responded in a timely manner and without irritation! The H was... Read More very flexible and accommodating. We had a few special stations we wanted, and they made sure everything was set up just the way we wanted. The food was absolutely amazing. I had numerous people tell me it was the best filet they had ever had. We also did a brunch the next morning for guests that stayed at the hotel, and that was delicious and went over really well. I was SO happy with our décor. The H is an incredibly beautiful venue, very classic and clean. The staff was very polite and professional. We were both very happy with everything and everyone we worked with here. The H is without a doubt the best reception venue in the tri-cities.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Lauren B

The H Hotel put on an absolutely beautiful event for us. We asked for a lot of special set ups, including string lighting over the dance floor, and the wedding coordinator, Megan, understood our vision and made it all happen seamlessly. Megan was wonderful to work with, and sent... Read More us helpful reminders to make sure everything came together perfectly. Our guests were really impressed with all of the little details, which Megan and her team executed better than we could have imagined. The food and the staff during the event were also great and generated rave reviews. Megan worked directly with each of our vendors, including our live band, which made our lives a lot easier in the days leading up to the event and saved us a lot of stress about small details. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a very chic comfortable wedding in the mid-Michigan area.

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Abby E

Megan made the entire experience not only easy but enjoyable. I will recommend anyone who is having their wedding to do so at The H-Hotel. The entire staff was friendly and accomditating during our time there and there isn't one thing I would have changed. Megan and the staff... Read More made everything flawless for us. We even had one guest comment that this was the best wedding he had ever been to and I believe this is thanks to the Megan and the staff at the H-Hotel.

Great Prices for Great Rooms

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Lauren T

The H Hotel is absolutely beautiful and the rooms are modern and chic. Having had my wedding at The H, we received a wedding rate for our guests. We got 20 rooms for $139.99 / room which is a great price for these beautiful rooms. Our room was complementary. Some of the... Read More views aren't that great right now as there is construction going on. On the other hand, you may get views of the Tridge or the courtyard. We did have trouble with room service as I was getting ready for my wedding day. We called down for food but had to leave a voicemail. No one called back so we weren't able to get any food brought to our room. We were also disappointed to find out just 6 weeks before our wedding that dogs were no longer allowed at The H Hotel. It did not end up being a problem but we had selected the Hotel in part because of its dog-friendly policy. They suggested kennels for dogs but my dog is too nervous to survive a kennel.

Loved Every Part of My Wedding at The H Hotel

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Lauren T

Deciding on a wedding venue was confusing for me at first but once we decided on The H Hotel in Midland, MI, everything came together nicely. We were looking for a place where our dog could be part of the wedding. I also wanted a place where I didn't have to set up or tear down.... Read More I worked with Megan throughout the planning process and she was usually quick to respond to my questions and helpful with planning. The week of my wedding, all I had to do was drop off my decorations and the rest was done for me. All the linens, chairs, plates, silverware are supplied so no rentals. Megan confirmed all my vendors so I didn't have to worry about that. I can honestly say my wedding day was very calm and stress-free. Megan worked with us on our budget and helped us plan a vegetarian wedding, which was important to us. The food was absolutely amazing! We talk about it all the time. The staff even boxed up leftovers for us so we could keep eating it after the wedding. We had a personal waiter during dinner so I didn't have to serve myself and potentially spill food on my dress through the buffet. He served us drinks and cake as well. We had a very nice room the night of our wedding and received complementary champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. I loved having the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and hotel block all within the same vicinity. Our guests could party with us and didn't have to worry about driving anywhere. It was perfect! Plus, the bathrooms are super nice which doesn't seem like a big deal but I have been to too many weddings with porta-potties so I appreciate a nice bathroom at a wedding. Another benefit is having the Tridge located right behind the Hotel so we were able to get beautiful photos in the park. The only complaint I think we had was it was difficult to get butler-passed hors d'oeuvres. I would highly, highly recommend The H Hotel on your wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/09/2015

Megan and the staff from the young man who set chairs up for the courtyard ceremony to the bartenders and dinner staff made this a splendid experience from start to finish! What a blessing to give our daughter a wedding in such striking surroundings topped off with an... Read More excellent meal! Cheers!

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Meredith M

We had a wonderful experience working with Megan at the H. She was prompt with all forms of communication (which we really appreciated) and helped us navigate how much of everything we would need for our day. The Hotel was extremely accommodating not just for us and our wedding,... Read More but for our guests as well. Everyone that stayed over absolutely loved the rooms, the friendliness of the staff, and of course the food! I would definitely recommend the H to anyone looking for a wedding venue! Beautiful location and awesome people to work with!

Reviewed on 8/08/2015

Megan was absolutely fantastic from beginning to end, and we can't thank her enough for helping make our most important day her highest priority. We highly recommend the H Hotel and Megan specifically for anybody thinking about having their wedding in Midland. From the food,... Read More the service and the customer support it was top notch. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Lauren R

I had my wedding reception at the H this past May. I cannot imagine anything better! Everyone raved about the food - I heard no complaints about any cold dinners or slow service. (We had a plated dinner for 90 guests). They helped to take care of all the vendors. I asked for a... Read More dinner for my photographers and they had them set up somewhere before I even knew so I had to think of nothing. My favorite part was that we had our own personal server for the evening. He made sure our drinks were refreshed and that no one took our food away before we could eat it because of us talking to our guests. Our coordinator, Megan, made us feel comfortable every step of the planning process. I had no concerns that she would make everything happen exactly as we imagined it and she lived up to that. The event manager for the evening ran the show behind the scenes. He was there if we needed anything - but everything was already taken care of! Megan helped us come up with our concepts for decorations along the way. We had some concerns over our ceremony location working out. Megan assured me that they could hold our ceremony there with only a little notice if we needed to have a back-up plan. Our suite was included for the evening. There was chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in the room :). The rooms are amazing and newly renovated. All the guests really enjoyed the rooms and found the booking process easy. They took care of all the gifts and getting them to my parents room and to our breakfast the next morning. We had a small group but still needed to meet the sales minimum - Megan helped us to come up with some creative ways to maximize this for us. We had cakes at every table as center pieces. We chose to provide the cake plates for this. My only complaint is that these were not wrapped up again for us the way they came. Nothing was broken though so in the end this wasn't a big deal. We really had a wonderful evening with extremely low stress and absolutely no issues that night thanks to all the wonderful staff!

5 Star Experience All Around

Reviewed on 4/12/2015

Was 100% please with my experience at The H. Megan (the coordinator) was a joy to work with and helped out with every last detail.

Couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 3/25/2015 Hannah F

We rented the Table Restaurant for my bridal shower and it was absolutely beautiful. The chef worked with me to design the perfect menu for my afternoon Tea Party shower. I was able to request several dishes I wanted that weren't even on the menu - and everything was delicious.... Read More The staff were perfectly polite and efficient and all of my guests were impressed. I would highly recommend this venue!

Surpassed all of my expectations

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Sharon F

The staff at the H and the wedding planner were absolutely wonderful. They incorporated everything that I wanted. I was worried about the dinner service and portion sizes and I was blown away. There were huge portions and the service was awesome. The head table had two personal... Read More waiters that were there to serve the bridal party only and they were great. You won't be disappointed by anything the H provides.

Best place to have a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Amanda J

This was my wedding so I'm obviously partial but this place from start to finish treats you and your guests like royalty. Literally the best service ever. Great pace at dinner. Great service. Friendly. Our planner was Candy and she was amazing! Highly, highly recommended! Every... Read More guest loved it and told both my husband and I how amazing it was!

Awesome Experience!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Abbey H

Excellent service & quality. Our planner was willing to do whatever it took to make sure we had the experience we imagined. She was prompt at answering emails and phone calls and was extremely organized. The venue was absolutely beautiful and we got so many compliments about the... Read More guest rooms and the food. Couldn't have asked for a better experience at The H Hotel!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Kindy A

Got married here on May 23, 2014 and it was absolutely perfect!! Candy, the wedding coordinator, was amazing. She was incredibly tentative, detail oriented and always quick to respond. She is seriously such a sweet person and made the entire process fun, flawless and stress... Read More free. The entire staff at the hotel went out of their way the entire weekend to make sure everyone was happy, not to mention they all seemed like they genuinely loved working there as they were always smiling :) All our guests raved about the food and service at the hotel - everyone said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding reception (including my grandpa, who is a grumpy old man!) I can honestly say that nothing went wrong on my wedding day, and if it did, I didn't notice. I would get married again here in a heartbeat. 5 stars all the way!! :) Thank you H Hotel!!!!

Wedding at the H Hotel

Reviewed on 5/29/2014

I was extremely pleased with the H Hotel and would highly recommend it as a wedding venue. I had both my ceremony and reception at the hotel and could not have asked for anything better. I was assigned to Megan as my event coordinator. Each time I needed to sort out any details... Read More for my wedding, I was able to reach her directly. She functioned somewhat as a wedding planner and considering the fact that I planned my wedding in 2 weeks, she was a huge help. She even met with me the morning of to tie up any loose ends and when the person who was supposed to seat my guests arrived late, she stepped in and filled that role for me. The only glitch along the way in the planning was that my guests were not able to stay at the hotel due to it being completely booked out. However, I planned in 2 weeks so that was understandable. I wasn't even sure I would have gotten a room the night before but thank God a room opened up for me.The food was great and Megan worked with the chefs to make sure the food met our dietary needs. The AV technician was there on time and everything just fell into place very nicely. The hotel property is impressive: very clean and modern. We took all our photos, indoor and outdoor, at the H. My husband and I received a complimentary suite the night of our wedding which was beautiful. Overall, we were totally satisfied with our decision to have our wedding at the H Hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

Flawless Service!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Megan H

The H was the last vendor we looked at and knew immediately that our reception would be here! Not only was the entire space gorgeous, the service we experienced from Candy and the rest of the staff throughout the entire process was great. The cost was even great, especially... Read More considering everything it covered in comparison to other venues. If we had to do it all over we would definately choose The H again!

Wedding venue

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Angela K

Great service amazing decor and hotel rooms. Food was amazing.

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Tiffany H

The H Hotel and their staff helped to make our wedding day perfect! Their attention to detail, willingness to accommodate whatever we needed or wanted and their ability to make sure our day ran smoothly and perfect was wonderful! I would recommend the venue to anyone. We... Read More expected them to be great but they really surpassed our expectations. I give them 5 stars!

Our wedding at The H

Reviewed on 6/08/2013 KeriAnn M

In April 2013, we had our wedding reception at The H Hotel. Everything was absolutely perfect. The hotel and courtyard was absolutely beautiful.The staff at the hotel was very helpful, friendly, and catered to our every need. Event coordinator Candy Carroll was excellent and... Read More helped plan our big day. I could not have done it without her-she was a huge help! I would certainly recommend The H Hotel to anyone interested in having their wedding there.

Beautiful H Hotel

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Stephanie B

The room was big yet intimate. The servers were attentive. The wedding coordinator was very sweet but also made sure all of the details worked and were executed well. The food was great, and so was the cake. I really have no complaints.

Reviewed on 5/27/2010 Brooke M

If you are looking for elegant ambiance, excellent food and courteous staff, then I HIGHLY reccommend this venue. Candy, the H's event manager/coordinator, was spectacular. From tasting to last minute changes, everything went perfectly. In the tri-city area this place is by... Read More far the best facility to host a wedding. Even the downtown feel is superior to other hotels. We hosted 150 people for an evening wedding with plated dinner service and a cocktail hour. Not only was it affordable, but the food portions were incredibly generous. All the steaks (NY's) were cooked to perfection and they even allowed us to create our own vegetarian dish. The food was fab! I love love love this venue!